Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still on dots (nostalgic I guess :)) but have to say FM11 would make it difficult for me to go back to another version, even 08 which (besides from the awful regens) is still one of my favourite FM's.

I've just recently upgraded my PC, and for the first time ever, I am able to utilise the 3D graphics. To be honest I don't find them amazing, it looks like something out of a 1990's Mega Drive game. :D

However, I find them a better visual representation than the dots were. If I start feeling nostalgic I may revert back to the dots, but for now, 3D is the way forward for me. Hopefully it will be improved for FM12 :thup:

I've just recently upgraded my PC, and for the first time ever, I am able to utilise the 3D graphics. To be honest I don't find them amazing, it looks like something out of a 1990's Mega Drive game. :D

Be careful with such comparisons - I recently dug out my PlayStation (the original one from the late 90s that is) while waiting for a replacement power supply for the Wii and I was shocked by how poor the graphics were. In my memory the PlayStation had really good graphics and I remember discussing with friends how the graphics on games like Gran Turismo 2 looked 'almost real'. What I saw last week were jagged, polygonated edges round all the cars, crappy tyre smoke effects etc.

And bear in mind my current point of reference is a Wii :D

Ak what you running now then? If you don't mind me asking :)

I got an i7-2600, 6GB RAM, with 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650. I know the graphics card isn't top of the range, but my old dual-core rig couldn't even run the 3D graphics :p

Be careful with such comparisons - I recently dug out my PlayStation (the original one from the late 90s that is) while waiting for a replacement power supply for the Wii and I was shocked by how poor the graphics were. In my memory the PlayStation had really good graphics and I remember discussing with friends how the graphics on games like Gran Turismo 2 looked 'almost real'. What I saw last week were jagged, polygonated edges round all the cars, crappy tyre smoke effects etc.

And bear in mind my current point of reference is a Wii :D

And the Wii is dreadful :p

Yep, the Wii's graphics aren't it's biggest selling point, still good fun though ;)

I suppose my point of reference is my PS3, and the 3D graphics on FM are definitely not from the same decade as the graphics on FIFA. I know SI will unlikely develop the 3D to the standard of EA Games (due to budgets/investments/workforce etc), but there's still room for improvement :D

I am seriously thinking of loading a load of leagues and going for a massive journeyman game. I have an i7 overclocked to 4.2 Ghz with 6gb RAM. I am sure I could load a lot of leagues but recently my saves have only had 5 countries loaded so if I was to load 20-30 I am sure I would notice the difference.

I always play a lot of leagues (nearly everything) if you see my career threads and I don't have a very good laptop (well it's *only* is dual core 2.1Ghz processor and 4GB of RAM). I never really minded the speed of my system.

You should just load every league.

Every league gives me half a star rating think I would go mad waiting that long for my game to load and process.

I don`t go by star ratings, only the recommended player limit.

It`s not too bad to me but you can try it out yourself to see.

Going to go for New Zealand and at least four countries from each continent, should be enough to enjoy travelling the world.

Got to go on an xml hunt now for Costa Rica, an MLS that is more European style and a couple more African leagues.

Is the Minimum Release Clause value at upfront amount or can be upfront and in installments??

For example: Minimum Release Clause is $22 million. Does it have to be $22 mil upfront or can it also be $11 mil upfront and $11 mil installments??

Has to be upfront as far as I know to be automatically activated.

Then I lost a player for no reason because I definitely didn't get my full $22 million up front. I would have sold him if it was all upfront, but I only got 25% of that amount and the rest in installments. I didn't save before so I can't post it in the bugs forum anymore.

But if I need to activate the minimum release clause for another player I have to pay it all upfront..either way he's gone now and now I have to find a replacement.

FM12 really needs to be a lot better because FM11 is probably the most bugged game of all FMs I played (FM08-present).

But if I need to activate the minimum release clause for another player I have to pay it all upfront..either way he's gone now and now I have to find a replacement.

FM12 really needs to be a lot better because FM11 is probably the most bugged game of all FMs I played (FM08-present).

I vaugely remember having this conversation in GQ, and it did indeed seem that payments made in installments could activate a release clause (although teh message did not show up on the offer screen).

Try it out, it doesn't look like the cluase has been activated but then the bids are always accepted.

Well ive finally done it my last save till FM2012 comes out, a mega journey game, Ive loaded EVERY league from every nation only loaded 151,000 players and started unemployed, with a Sunday league rep, some how got the Etoile job in the Singaporean league and look likely to win the thing at first go, might do a thread once Ive got through a season or two

It's the day of the Community Shield in some far off distant year.

I have a whopping 71 players on the books at the club so surely no issues with selecting a decent squad.

Wrong!

18 players out on loan.

5 players injured.

17 players Travelling to join up with International Squad, (for Euro Qualifying games)

Which leaves me with 31 players to choose from.

4 16 year olds, (including the only GK left at the club).

4 17 year olds.

1 18 year old.

2 19 year olds.

The crux of it is that I have to select 11 players from the Reserves and U18's for the match squad of 18.

How long have I been playing this poxy game and I still get snoozed by stuff like this!

So basically my squad consists of 9 South Americans, 3 home-produced youngsters and 6 assorted others.

Meh!

And just for good measure we conceded 7 goals the last time we played this lot.

It's gonna be a long old season methinks.:rolleyes:

[Edit]

The above was just meant to be a bit of a whinge and a moan and not too serious at all as I fully expected Chelsea to be suffering similar problems. After all their team is built on a bedrock of English and German talent, (most of them regular senior Internationals), and off the top of my head the other big players for them are Belgian, Swiss and Dutch. Can't remember them having any non-Europeans, (so they will be decimated with International call-ups.

Wrong. :lol:

I have 5 players in the senior England Squad, (all unavailable).

They have 5 players in the senior England Squad, (all available).

How the hell does that work?

All their Internationals are available because they are.... "Due to join International Squad tomorrow".

Mine are all unavailable because they are "Travelling to join up with International Squad. Due to arrive today".

Meh meh meh meh meh!

Hey guys, I'm after some advice if any of you feel able to help me!

I'm wanting to get a new PC and to do a bit more gaming on it than I do now on my current laptop. Now, obviously I know to go for as much processing power and RAM as I can, but what is considered 'good' these days?

Also, I know I'll need a decent graphics card this time and not the rubbish integrated graphics thingy on my current laptop. What sort of thing is best to go for? I really don't have a clue about this kind of thing. :(

My budget isn't huge so I'm really looking at getting the best deal I can whilst not compromising too much on the specs. I've got quite into playing a few games like Minecraft and Terraria lately. Most of the games I like tend to be kind of retro, so I probably don't need anything amazing graphics wise, although I think Minecraft needs something half decent so that you can get more out of it. Obviously, I'd also like to have a PC capable of running Football Manager to a higher standard than my current old laptop. I might end up enjoying the latest FM games more if I had a more capable computer, and if not, I could always run a ton of leagues on one of the old FMs. For once in my FMing career, I really want a fairly quality spec PC where I don't have to scrimp on the leagues as I usually have to. :(

As for desktop or laptop, I haven't made my mind up, but I guess you get more for your money with a desktop (?) and that is definitely a factor in its favour. The only thing is I'd have to be buying the monitor etc. as well as I currently don't have one. Don't know if this makes it the more expensive option or not? The thing that puts me off a laptop is the fact that I've had all kinds of problems with this one's fan getting clogged up with crap. Plus, I know a desktop is easier to upgrade etc.

Basically, any advice appreciated. I haven't really got a specific idea in mind, only a vague one. Can any of you guys help? Thanks in advance.

That doesn't sound too bad Acidmonkey, although i5 doesn't mean much to me (I'm guessing that's good though)!

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure how much everything costs and how much I even have to spend at the moment. Need to do some calculations! ;)

I guess I'm really looking at as near to the budget computer mark as possible without massively comprising on specs. That probably doesn't help much but until I've done a bit more research and also worked out how much I have to spend, that's all I can say. To be quite honest, I'm a bit clueless as to how much stuff costs anyway. I'm a bit clueless in general in all honesty! :o Whenever I've needed to buy a computer in the past, I've always surfed Amazon and just picked a budget laptop out.

Maybe you can give me some idea of what I can get? Think of me as a tight git, is your best guide! :p

Building my own sounds a bit technical. I know how to do some basic stuff like add RAM etc. but this sounds more complicated! I'm guessing that putting components together for a desktop is a cheap way of doing things but also quite an advanced one?

Archived