Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

6 hours ago, MRC said:

Do I have to go into AR to change the youth rating of a nation?
Trying to cause some stronger wonderkids from certain places and feel like I'm blind because I haven't found the option yet.

Also, does someone know whether Nation or Based Nation matters more for the intake of a club?

EDIT: NVM, I was just blind. It's under "Information" if you edit the nation. Second question still stands, so thank you in advance!

Based Nation.

Also important to note than teams can't play in leagues that don't match their nation, no exceptions. So if you want a team playing in Italy, they have to have Italy as their Nation. Based Nation can be different from where they play their football (eg. Cardiff have Based Nation set to Wales but still play in England because Nation is set as England) and only affects newgens. It can affect competitions too, but I don't think any default competitions use it, only user created ones (maybe the French Cup does actually?).

Edited by rusty217

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a United Kingdom league with teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all in the same league system. 

I have used England as the nation and renamed the leagues. However, the Leagues revert to their original names in game, which is annoying....anyone know the reason for this? 

It even happens when i use my editor file as the only active one in the game set up page. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

Hi,

Is it possible to update the kits via a fmf file mid game?? 

In essence, I’m playing fm23 and I’ve updated the kits to fm24 in the graphics folder. Therefore the graphics for my skin have changed but not in the 3d match. Will adding a fmf file work??

TIA

1 hour ago, Reddev said:

Hi,

Is it possible to update the kits via a fmf file mid game?? 

In essence, I’m playing fm23 and I’ve updated the kits to fm24 in the graphics folder. Therefore the graphics for my skin have changed but not in the 3d match. Will adding a fmf file work??

TIA

3d kits use a different image and different config 

4 hours ago, Calum955 said:

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a United Kingdom league with teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all in the same league system. 

I have used England as the nation and renamed the leagues. However, the Leagues revert to their original names in game, which is annoying....anyone know the reason for this? 

It even happens when i use my editor file as the only active one in the game set up page. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

do you have a real name fix? you will need to edit that file and change the league names within it

I don't know how to find out which particular moderator holds most responsibility for the Editors Hideaway sections of the forum, so don't know who to really PM, or a better place to ask. (If someone can tell me who to PM I'm more than happy to.)

The basic question is that a content creator (decent, family friendly FM content creator, a well known streamer and youtuber) has made a video about my Celtic Nations League database, and I was wondering if it's OK to link to it in the thread I have for the DB? I know there's rules about promoting you own content, but I'm unsure about content others have made about your DB.

And I didn't ask him to make the video. I shared the DB with his community a while back and he asked me if I minded him making a video. And the only link on the youtube page is to the SI Forums.

9 hours ago, Little Miss Lump Kicker said:

I don't know how to find out which particular moderator holds most responsibility for the Editors Hideaway sections of the forum, so don't know who to really PM, or a better place to ask. (If someone can tell me who to PM I'm more than happy to.)

The basic question is that a content creator (decent, family friendly FM content creator, a well known streamer and youtuber) has made a video about my Celtic Nations League database, and I was wondering if it's OK to link to it in the thread I have for the DB? I know there's rules about promoting you own content, but I'm unsure about content others have made about your DB.

And I didn't ask him to make the video. I shared the DB with his community a while back and he asked me if I minded him making a video. And the only link on the youtube page is to the SI Forums.

That's cool! I can't speak to whether it would be allowed here but @Wolf_pd is (one of) the man you're looking for

Hello guys, can someone help me with next issue? When a put a player on loan (in the pre-game editor) from 1/1/2024 until 30/6/2024 fe. He will join that club ingame at the start of the season instead of 1/1/2024. Does someone know how I can fix it? Thanks you!

Hi all, plunging rapidly down the rabbit hole that is the FM editor.

Does anyone know if I create a custom player award for a league (the Albanian Super League in this case), if I leave the reputation at 0, will it move dynamically with the reputation of the competition, or is it fixed forever, and therefore I'm better giving it a reasonable low value instead.

Cheers!

How do I create a custom starting date for the game? My idea is to wait for the winter transfer window update and start my career on the 2nd of February, 2024. I tried Googling this but could only find a guide for FM 2021. 

14 hours ago, Litmanen 10 said:

How do I create a custom starting date for the game? My idea is to wait for the winter transfer window update and start my career on the 2nd of February, 2024. I tried Googling this but could only find a guide for FM 2021. 

If I want to postpone the start date, I select the Indonesian league and then delete it once the game is loaded.
Greetings!

Hello. What are the steps for adding a league that's already in the game but it's not playable? I want to add the Romanian Third League. I got to a point where I can choose it on the screen where you add/remove leagues when you start a new savegame, but after I choose my manager profile the game doesn't let me pick a team from the third league. It's my first time needing to use the editor for something and I am lost.

OK so I'm making a DB where I split Denmark into East and West with a cup at the end of the season for the top 5 in each league, sort of like MLS... But the game for some reason allocates all of the European spots for the western league, instead of being allocated according to the championship cup... I need help

I'm trying to move some teams around in the MLS ie - promoted/demote some teams. It's not working and I'm convinced it's due to a edt file controlling some licenced stuff. For example if I rename a team in the MLS, that works but the nickname for the team renames even when removed. Like some elements are hardcoded.

Any ideas what is controlling this? it's easy enough to swap teams in Europe but the MLS has something overriding it it seems. Thanks

Edit -- upon further testing, marking the clubs as extinct or deleting them still doesn't work. Clubs appears as normal, so it's clearly coming from something outside of the editor. But what....

Edited by ItsComingHome

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea why the cup phase of one of my leagues is telling me there isn't enough dates (0 when should be 10)? I have only ever had to set the number of dates for a league/league phase before. 

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Does anyone have any idea why the cup phase of one of my leagues is telling me there isn't enough dates (0 when should be 10)? I have only ever had to set the number of dates for a league/league phase before. 

Without the file, no.

Il y a 17 heures, EnigMattic1 a dit :

Is it possible to set a league to go extinct after 'x' number of seasons? For example, League 'A' plays up to and including 2023, but is then replaced by League 'B' in 2024 and beyond.

Take a look at the French National 2. They've gone from 4 groups to 3, I believe. That might give you an idea.

16 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

Take a look at the French National 2. They've gone from 4 groups to 3, I believe. That might give you an idea.

No, I mean in the sense that the league ceases to exist. Like, if the Premier League ran until 2025 and was then replaced by the Super League or something. 

Em 18/02/2024 em 21:45, EnigMattic1 disse:

Is it possible to set a league to go extinct after 'x' number of seasons? For example, League 'A' plays up to and including 2023, but is then replaced by League 'B' in 2024 and beyond.

So will you have one less level?

If you have 4 levels, you want 2º to be the 1º, the 3º to be 2º and the 4º to be 3º?

1 hour ago, cleiria said:

So will you have one less level?

If you have 4 levels, you want 2º to be the 1º, the 3º to be 2º and the 4º to be 3º?

No, not one less level, just one competition replacing another. Let's say, in England for example, in 2025, the Premier league will be replaced by another league, but all the teams from the Premier league will move to this new league and the Premier league will, effectively, be extinct. 

Il y a 13 heures, EnigMattic1 a dit :

No, I mean in the sense that the league ceases to exist. Like, if the Premier League ran until 2025 and was then replaced by the Super League or something. 

What's interesting is that the group that disappears doesn't become extinct - it's simply unused. Which could be useful to you. Someone did Macedonia (I think) and went from 2 groups to just one, using the same child comp system except that at the end there was only one group left.

31 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

When it comes to league schedule, you have a start date and an end date. Under that is "Number of dates". What does it class as a 'date'? Is it something like one game a week? 

Number of dates = number of days with matches. So if every team in your league plays 30 matches, you need 30 dates etc.

It varies a bit if you have an odd number of teams though, since you need more dates than matches to account for at least 1 team not playing.

On 06/02/2024 at 09:19, Mabron said:

OK so I'm making a DB where I split Denmark into East and West with a cup at the end of the season for the top 5 in each league, sort of like MLS... But the game for some reason allocates all of the European spots for the western league, instead of being allocated according to the championship cup... I need help

"other league stage flags" / "use playoff stage for seeding" (or whatever it's called)

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Number of dates = number of days with matches. So if every team in your league plays 30 matches, you need 30 dates etc.

It varies a bit if you have an odd number of teams though, since you need more dates than matches to account for at least 1 team not playing.

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I usually leave that blank, it seems to override your own dates you've specified elsewhere. Like it decides it will just generate 30 dates of its own

See, I'm getting an error where it tells me that one of the teams (different one every time) doesn't have a squad for a match on a specific date, which is always the earliest date. 

The competition is under a parent competition, but every other league under that parent competition doesn't get an error, it is only one specific league. 

26 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

See, I'm getting an error where it tells me that one of the teams (different one every time) doesn't have a squad for a match on a specific date, which is always the earliest date. 

The competition is under a parent competition, but every other league under that parent competition doesn't get an error, it is only one specific league. 

That error is usually due to there being too many matches in a small time period, or an issue with the Fixture Rules. How many matches are they playing and what start/end dates? Are they a team from that division (in which case check the division's Fixture Rules) or is it an inter-division playoff or something (in which case you probably need some separate Fixture Rules setup just for that to handle teams from multiple divisions).

26 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

That error is usually due to there being too many matches in a small time period, or an issue with the Fixture Rules. How many matches are they playing and what start/end dates? Are they a team from that division (in which case check the division's Fixture Rules) or is it an inter-division playoff or something (in which case you probably need some separate Fixture Rules setup just for that to handle teams from multiple divisions).

30 dates between April 8th and September 30th. All fixtures are for one division. So, roughly 5mths. It is a 16 team league. I will try expanding the window for the fixtures 

Sometimes that also comes up if the set of fixture rules has a specific "competition" set itself (like under "Fixture rules"/"fixture rules 0"), possibly with a squad registration window attached (which also might have a specific competition set). If those are clashing try making them blank

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Ok, how have I got this error?

image.png.fced3aa2f48cb5b1df87723f075c3621.png

When the competition clearly finishes in time:

image.png.243d55017da23e412de1dfef25dfe18f.png

It is literally 6 matches per team and a playoff final in 2 months.

Test competitions (in editor) and you should be able to see the issue.

My guess would be that there's an issue with team selection or something which causes it to never even start. I usually see errors like this with stuff like promotion playoffs with an error in qualification, so the league doesn't finish in time because the playoff couldn't start.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

My guess would be that there's an issue with team selection or something which causes it to never even start. I usually see errors like this with stuff like promotion playoffs with an error in qualification, so the league doesn't finish in time because the playoff couldn't start.

Thanks, I will take a look. 

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I've had a look at the test and Stage 0 runs fine (albeit in 2024 and not 2023). However, Stage 1 never starts despite teams qualifying. I can only assume that is down to how I have set up the qualification. I will have a look at that and see what happens.

Next random question. Can you have a club playing in 2 different countries? 

Basically, FC Manitoba are a Canadian team, currently playing in USL2. Can I have them playing in that division, but also have a secondary division in Canada?

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Next random question. Can you have a club playing in 2 different countries? 

Basically, FC Manitoba are a Canadian team, currently playing in USL2. Can I have them playing in that division, but also have a secondary division in Canada?

Yes, you can. Nation doesn't matter for secondary divisions, so there's nothing stopping you from having teams playing in different countries in the same one.

Even if it's a main division rather than a secondary one, there are ways to get foreign based teams playing in it. Secondary divisions are very straight forward though, just set it up as normal.

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yes, you can. Nation doesn't matter for secondary divisions, so there's nothing stopping you from having teams playing in different countries in the same one.

Even if it's a main division rather than a secondary one, there are ways to get foreign based teams playing in it. Secondary divisions are very straight forward though, just set it up as normal.

That's good to know as there is two Canadian teams playing in the States that I want in a Canadian division that I'm adding to my file. 

Does anyone know how I can export this list of players into either an excel file or a FM24 shortlist? I just want to create a little shortlist of wonderkids with great potential in game so whenever I start a new save, I can just tell my scouts to focus on them and them only. I've tried searching the forums but the only thread on this topic was rather unhelpful. 

I've tried using the in game editor to find these wonderkids, however the issue there is that 300+ "wonderkids" meet the criteria of at least 150PA, which is not exactly what I'm looking for, as that list shows people with non-dynamic potentials set to X value.

image.png

Edited by venerate

Hello. Is there a way to edit the number of available subs in a competition? Not just how many subs you can do during match but also how many subs can have available. Like friendly matches for example.. can you guide me how to do it? Thanks in advance!

Is there any way for me to change, in the editor, the kits that the teams use? Because I have noticed that even when playing at home, the game forces Hibs to wear their third kit against Celtic, but every other home match, they wear their home kit. Also, Celtic will wear their away kit against Hibs, at home, who are in their home kit. There's a section in the editor called 'Kit selection' but I can't do anything with it

Is there a way to close the winter transfer period so that both my club and all other clubs cannot buy and sell players?

I've already tried the in-game editor but I can't find an option that helps me.

Kind regards