Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Playing as Palace, in game there is a take over process which I don’t want to happen. 

so I’ve downloaded the in-game editor. 

how can I either:

1 - stop this takeover 

or

2 - if it happens, get the club back up for sale?

i don’t mind a takeover happening but rather it be a proper external one than a boring one

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to remove non-player database changes in one go on the fm editor? I have made over 100 changes on one of my personal FMF files and I want to remove them.

Removing these changes one by one would be time consuming- is there a way this can be done in one go?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to do a copy paste of a league? I am thinking for years about some kind of league pyramid and want to use some of the quirky leagues that already exist as a template.

I like leagues with special rules like the MLS play-offs, the Dutch Keuken Kampioen Dvisie period winners and the relegation play-offs in Bulgaria where even a team in the relegation group can win an European ticket.
It would be so much faster and easier if you could use an existing league or cup as a template and paste in into your pyramid or cup tournament and you then only have to specify to which level/league/round the pro/rel links and with which teams.

Can something like that be done?

Or are there other fast ways to setup a pyramid or tournament?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I plan on creating a team on FM23 and it will be my main (possibly only) saved game, using created players from real people I know. The team will start in National League North and will be replacing Bradford (Park Avenue).

Regarding replacing an existing team in the league, I have a question.

1.    If I’m replacing Bradford PA is it suggested to copy their “previous finish” for My Team? E.G. set it so that My Team finished 18th in NL North last season.

I will be creating a stadium for My Team to play in, presuming the rugby ground Totally Wicked Stadium (St. Helens) isn’t already in the database. Liverpool Reserves have previously played some of their games there though, so maybe it is?

2.    Do stadiums have appearances in the game?

My original plan was to duplicate Prenton Park and edit the location and capacity to match the Totally Wicked stadium, but Prenton Park is very rectangular whereas Totally Wicked stadium is more oval.

3.    Would I be better of duplicating Emirates Stadium and changing the location/capacity/build date etc. Considering this stadium aesthetically looks more like the Totally Wicked stadium?

Regarding rivalries, can they be formed in game? Like if we’re in NL North our local rival will be Southport (Widnes if we get relegated), and going up the leagues we’d likely come across the likes of Tranmere, Wigan, Bolton etc. until finally Everton/Liverpool.

4.    Will these rivalries automatically be created? If not, should I add them from the start? Trying to weigh up if it’s less realistic to have Liverpool as a rival when I’m in the NL North or to still have Southport as a rival if I reach the Premier League.

I’ve previously made players and because they will all have the same current and potential ability (and the majority will be white with brown hair, by chance) I made one as a template and then duplicated him for each player. I will be making approximately 25 players.

When duplicating a player does it also copy:

5.    player contract information?

6.    Appearance?

7.    Positions?

8.    Attributes?

9.    Favourite/disliked players/teams?

Thanks for any responses. Obviously I can't do anything until I have the FM23 Editor (I've preordered, roll on 8th November) but want to do some planning.

Oh I thought of one more. Ideally I'd like to keep the players at My Team.

10. Can you set a transfer embargo so you cannot sell players? If so, can you make it so you can still loan players out?

and regarding player contracts:

11. What's the longest contract end date I can set, and it actually work?

Edited by wisconsin

Hello people,

I came here to this forum to seek some help. For the past few days, I've been troubleshooting some of the databases I use for errors after my supposed long-term save broke. This error has been appearing often in the databases I use. Any ways on how to fix it? I tried to push back the start dates of the leagues but it just pushes back the year the error happens.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 161406.png

3 hours ago, ChrisTheSolid said:

Hello people,

I came here to this forum to seek some help. For the past few days, I've been troubleshooting some of the databases I use for errors after my supposed long-term save broke. This error has been appearing often in the databases I use. Any ways on how to fix it? I tried to push back the start dates of the leagues but it just pushes back the year the error happens.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 161406.png

Looks like it's an issue with playoffs. It says not all stages were created so that'd be my guess. Either the league stages don't finish early enough to fit in the playoff matches, or it's not getting enough teams to qualify for the playoffs (could be due to a bunch of B teams in the league that are ineligible for promotion, I believe there's a way to limit the number of B teams allowed in a league to prevent situations like this from occuring, although I don't use B teams myself so haven't actually tried it).

1 minute ago, rusty217 said:

Looks like it's an issue with playoffs. It says not all stages were created so that'd be my guess. Either the league stages don't finish early enough to fit in the playoff matches, or it's not getting enough teams to qualify for the playoffs (could be due to a bunch of B teams in the league that are ineligible for promotion, I believe there's a way to limit the number of B teams allowed in a league to prevent situations like this from occuring, although I don't use B teams myself so haven't actually tried it).

Oh, so the easiest solution is to remove a lot of B-teams?

By the way, I'll be simming the league in my save to see if it will actually break and to identify where it would go wrong

14 hours ago, ChrisTheSolid said:

Oh, so the easiest solution is to remove a lot of B-teams?

By the way, I'll be simming the league in my save to see if it will actually break and to identify where it would go wrong

I'm not sure, that's just what I think the issue is based on the information so far.

It'd probably be better to sim it in the editor than the game. The game sometimes papers over the cracks and chucks teams in there to get things to work despite an error. Simming in the editor is more likely to show any issues.

On 25/09/2022 at 19:14, MskJec said:

How can I switch a league or country from africa with a a country or league in europe so that country in africa plays champions league, someone recommended me this but I do not know how to switch them

I did that in FM20 moving Dominican Republic to Europe and moving one Europe nation (Faroe) to North America, but had some troubles with the nation side, DR was still drafted to play in the North America Nations League.

In the second attempt, what I did was to swap all the competitions, cities, people from nation, language, etc, then renamed both nation with the new names... the only problem I got was the names of regens of DR was with Faroe pool, and the Faroese's with Latin American names...

In both attemps the teams from the Dominican League were selected to play in the European Leagues,

5 minutes ago, krakonico said:

I did that in FM20 moving Dominican Republic to Europe and moving one Europe nation (Faroe) to North America, but had some troubles with the nation side, DR was still drafted to play in the North America Nations League.

In the second attempt, what I did was to swap all the competitions, cities, people from nation, language, etc, then renamed both nation with the new names... the only problem I got was the names of regens of DR was with Faroe pool, and the Faroese's with Latin American names...

In both attemps the teams from the Dominican League were selected to play in the European Leagues,

It would've been quicker and easier to just make a slight edit to the International competitions than go through all the work of swapping everything over. No need to swap countries either, you can just add one.

Nations Leagues are set to use specific teams (needed due to the divisions) rather than just to get teams from the continent, so you actually need to edit the competition rules to change those over rather than just changing the nation's continent.

Is it possible to add/edit an existing nation and then have that nations players be eligible for another country? 

For example, I’m wanting to create a league to sit alongside the Premier League but I don’t want to disrupt the existing structure. So by editing another nation, can I change what I need to change and have those player become eligible for the home nations?

11 hours ago, adamjdyer said:

Is it possible to add/edit an existing nation and then have that nations players be eligible for another country? 

For example, I’m wanting to create a league to sit alongside the Premier League but I don’t want to disrupt the existing structure. So by editing another nation, can I change what I need to change and have those player become eligible for the home nations?

Kind of. If you set all of the clubs in that nation to have a different "based nation" then they'll get most of their newgens from the "based nation" rather than the nation of the league. Crimea might be a good nation to use for that kind of thing since they're hardcoded not to have an international team, so it would just be the league, and it sounds like that's what you want?

Alternatively, if your plan is to have another league alongside the PL in England, you could just create a secondary league system in England. Brazil has it already for their state leagues that exist alongside the national league, so it's certainly doable.

10 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Kind of. If you set all of the clubs in that nation to have a different "based nation" then they'll get most of their newgens from the "based nation" rather than the nation of the league. Crimea might be a good nation to use for that kind of thing since they're hardcoded not to have an international team, so it would just be the league, and it sounds like that's what you want?

Alternatively, if your plan is to have another league alongside the PL in England, you could just create a secondary league system in England. Brazil has it already for their state leagues that exist alongside the national league, so it's certainly doable.

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into these options and see which one works easiest.

Hi!

Sorry in advance, but i am a newbie to the football manager series and i just got the fm22 for free via amazon prime. I would like to start a save playing in the finnish leagues and managing one of my local teams. The problem i have is that my local teams are playing in the finnish second divisions. According to sortitoutsi net, "The Finnish Second Division Group C is a league in Football Manager 2022. Second Division Group C can be found in Finland in FM 22". I assume that the league is unplayable, even tho they have the data for the league.

Is there a way i could move one of the teams from the second division to the finnish first division, because that league is playable.

I use the epic games launcher.

Thanks you!

Edited by Marski

On 03/10/2022 at 06:52, Marski said:

Hi!

Sorry in advance, but i am a newbie to the football manager series and i just got the fm22 for free via amazon prime. I would like to start a save playing in the finnish leagues and managing one of my local teams. The problem i have is that my local teams are playing in the finnish second divisions. According to sortitoutsi net, "The Finnish Second Division Group C is a league in Football Manager 2022. Second Division Group C can be found in Finland in FM 22". I assume that the league is unplayable, even tho they have the data for the league.

Is there a way i could move one of the teams from the second division to the finnish first division, because that league is playable.

I use the epic games launcher.

Thanks you!

If you have the pregame editor, you can just swap any team, just go to the league you want to play, select the team you want to change... then in the swap option search for the team you want to be in the first division, and they will change positions.

On 07/10/2022 at 04:11, krakonico said:

If you have the pregame editor, you can just swap any team, just go to the league you want to play, select the team you want to change... then in the swap option search for the team you want to be in the first division, and they will change positions.

Thanks for the reply! I give the pregame editor a go. Hopefully I dont mess up anything.:lol:

FM 2020 Foreign Player Rule(s)

Hello there. I need your wisdom and probably your help. I bought the In-Game editor recently but didnt know you cannot change the league rules in a saved game. I opted to buy the official editor rather than FMRTE or others but I have almost regreted it. I just want to change the Foreign Limit rule in the Turkish Super League and I cannot. Is that possible with the FM Editor at least? If I change the "Agreements" or the "Registration rules" will I be able to see them in the saved game? I dont want to lose all the seasons I have already played. I tried it the way it is shown in the following thread but the rules I change will just not get applied even in a new game. I think I have done everything correctly cause when I test the rules I have changed they are always verified. It seems I miss one or two steps but...what? Please help!

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/364519-foreign-player-limit/#comment-11184850

I made them work for a new save (needed to move the ".fmf" file in the "editor data" folder but cannot make it work for the savefile. Any chance or way I can make that work?

I thank you in advance.

Simple Question:  CAN THE CHANGES MADE IN THE PREGAME EDITOR BE APPLIED TO AN OLDER SAVEGAME?  HOW?

I'm trying to re-create the two contitental competitions of south américa (Libertadores and Sudamericana) with Mexican teams on fm21 using the pre game editor advanced rules, as far as i know everything is alright, but when i test the rules i recieve this mensage: "New stage 0 for copa libertadores can't find enough teams to be created. 0 teams found, 6 needed".

Can someone help me please? I'm with this problem for months.

BRMUP - MOD Libertadores (MEXICO).fmf

2 hours ago, ph_kozniak said:

I'm trying to re-create the two contitental competitions of south américa (Libertadores and Sudamericana) with Mexican teams on fm21 using the pre game editor advanced rules, as far as i know everything is alright, but when i test the rules i recieve this mensage: "New stage 0 for copa libertadores can't find enough teams to be created. 0 teams found, 6 needed".

Can someone help me please? I'm with this problem for months.

BRMUP - MOD Libertadores (MEXICO).fmf 24.6 kB · 0 downloads

Not sure about FM21, don't even own it so can't check your file, but the issue might be because Mexico is in North America. In my experience (with FM22) continental tournaments don't work when you try to add teams from a different continent to them. Of course changing Mexico to South America would probably break the North American competitions and you'd still get an error. This is why I gave up on editing the Libertadores in FM22, cross-continental stuff just doesn't really work.

You could potentially do it be setting it as a world tournament. When adding rules for a continental competition select "World" rather than a specific continent, I believe it's only an option in the basic rules editor, but it does carry over to advanced rules. You'd likely have to come up with your own way of getting the teams though rather than the usual qualification method and places for the continental competition wouldn't show on the league table anymore.

Greetings! 

I would like some help with extracting my generated 3D manager avatar from the game to edit/animate in an external software like blender/Unity. 

Ive tried to use the Resource Archiver but can find the correct file.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

On 14/10/2022 at 08:11, rusty217 said:

No. You'd have to start a new game to load any editor files.

:(:seagull:  Thanks for the reply. I am really disappointed but...what can I do? I just want to ask one more thing IF you can clarify that too... I found this line somewhere somewhat in a file but cannot make it work... just trying to make the impossible possible...

<!-- apply to savegames  -->
          <record>
            <flags id="field" value="apply_to_savegame" />
            <flags id="type" value="enum" />
            <string id="name" value="Apply Rules To Old Saves" />
            <boolean id="is_optional" value="true" />
            <boolean id="debug_only" value="true" />
            <boolean id="is_invalid_name_variable" value="true" />      <!-- do not use in parent fields name-->
            <list id="enum_values">
              <record enum="replace_rules_with_same_filename" enum_id="1">
                <string id="name" value="Replace rules with same filename" />
              </record>
              <record enum="2" enum_id="2">
                <string id="name" value="Clear old rules and add these ones" />
              </record>
            </list>
          </record>

Any idea wtf this is? I have a talent of making things work and finding solutions but know sh*t about programming or any kind of language.

Edited by klainmain444

On 15/08/2022 at 02:09, bapehoodie said:

How do I reset all views in the editor? I've encountered a bug where using a modified view causes the entire view to disappear and there is nothing to click on to restore it back.

Go to the editor directory and enter the graphics folder, delete everything and open again the editor

Edited by krakonico

On 25/08/2022 at 05:52, kb1000 said:

Is there a way to remove non-player database changes in one go on the fm editor? I have made over 100 changes on one of my personal FMF files and I want to remove them.

Removing these changes one by one would be time consuming- is there a way this can be done in one go?

There are only two ways to delete changes from the databases...

a) One by One, and you know the drill...

just remember to  hit "Reload database and apply undeleted changes" after you are done

b) All of them in one go

Just go to "Database Changes (NNN)

Then just hit "Clear" and after that hit "Reload database and apply undeleted changes"

Remember, this latter will remove ALL changes you made as if you encounter the database intact.

On 17/10/2022 at 23:42, krakonico said:

There are only two ways to delete changes from the databases...

a) One by One, and you know the drill...

just remember to  hit "Reload database and apply undeleted changes" after you are done

b) All of them in one go

Just go to "Database Changes (NNN)

Then just hit "Clear" and after that hit "Reload database and apply undeleted changes"

Remember, this latter will remove ALL changes you made as if you encounter the database intact.

Many Thanks

FM23 - from 24/25 season onwards the CL format will change from group stages to a 'league' system. Will this be possible to edit & change back with the pre-game editor once FM fully releases? Not a fan of the new format personally. 

17 hours ago, Craig_R.U.F.C said:

FM23 - from 24/25 season onwards the CL format will change from group stages to a 'league' system. Will this be possible to edit & change back with the pre-game editor once FM fully releases? Not a fan of the new format personally. 

To a degree. People regularly make older formats for the CL already, so it's definitely possible to do. I'd be willing to bet somebody will do it too.

It's likely you'll lose some functionality with an edited version though. I believe coefficients don't fully work in edited continental files. It's possible to use them, they're just not accurately displayed anywhere. They didn't even used to be possible in older versions of the editor though, so maybe FM23's will handle them better, we can hope at least!

It might be possible to keep the new qualifying system intact and just add an extra group to account for the extra 4 teams, copying the ACL, and having the 9 teams that finish 1st and the 7 best 2nd placed teams going to the round of 16. That way shouldn't break anything either. It has been possible to change the setup of the tournament itself without affecting qualifying before (I did it to the ACL in FM20, although it wasn't possible in FM22), won't know if that's possible until the editor actually releases though.

Is is possible to copy and paste competitions to another nation/pyramid? And then just change the specified nation and promotion/relegation so that it fits in the league structure? And can you make it so promotion/relegation spots make teams move to an entirely other nation/league structure? Or to a division that is not one up or one down, but 2 (or more) up/down?

17 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Is is possible to copy and paste competitions to another nation/pyramid?  And then just change the specified nation and promotion/relegation so that it fits in the league structure?
Yes, but, it is the same if you create them (competitions) from scratch, because you have to edit it to include the new name, the level, the country, etc, etc. Add the teams (for the first season)

And can you make it so promotion/relegation spots make teams move to an entirely other nation/league structure? Or to a division that is not one up or one down, but 2 (or more) up/down?

No to both questions.

@krakonico Thanks for answering. 

1. So won't it be faster then? There are a lot of competitions with quirky rules  like the MLS (USA)  (draft, wages, All-Star, etc), the Eerste Divisie (Netherlands) (period champions) or Bulgaria (play-offs structure). If you can copy every rule at once maybe you can copy all special rules as well. 

2. Oh, that's a pity. I envision a league pyramid with as many strange and quirky rules as possible. Where for esample the number 5 in the premier league gets swapped with the number 10 in the Championship. Or even better, wherea  Premier League club gets swapped with a team in a league 2 or more levels below that. And where each level has it's own unique rules that are not at the other levels.

Hi All

I plan on creating a club using the editor when FM23 officially releases, could anyone answer a couple of questions I have please? (would be much appreciated)

1) If I don't add any players and only add/create the club (stadium) etc, would the game auto generate players for me (would this be random newgens)?

2) If so, would the players generated, be of the quality/level of the division, at which my newly created club will compete in (Conference South)?

Many thanks

4 hours ago, Connor said:

Hi All

I plan on creating a club using the editor when FM23 officially releases, could anyone answer a couple of questions I have please? (would be much appreciated)

1) If I don't add any players and only add/create the club (stadium) etc, would the game auto generate players for me (would this be random newgens)?

2) If so, would the players generated, be of the quality/level of the division, at which my newly created club will compete in (Conference South)?

Many thanks

1. There's an "Add Players to Playable Teams" option when setting up a game, tick that and it'll add players for you.

2. The players will be based on the reputation of the club. Although bear in mind players generated at game setup are capped at 130 PA. That probably won't be an issue for a Conference South team, but just in case.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

1. There's an "Add Players to Playable Teams" option when setting up a game, tick that and it'll add players for you.

2. The players will be based on the reputation of the club. Although bear in mind players generated at game setup are capped at 130 PA. That probably won't be an issue for a Conference South team, but just in case.

Perfect thank you, appreciate the answers and advice!

I am wondering what are the process to change the Swedish Leagues to be played with a more 'traditional' fixture time line. I would like the start of the season to be in August and the last game to be in May at some point.

I have never used the editor before.  If there is a database that has already used this, obviously I am more than happy to use that instead! If not, what processes shall I do???

Many thanks

On 27/10/2022 at 22:39, Jorgen said:

@krakonico Thanks for answering. 

1. So won't it be faster then? There are a lot of competitions with quirky rules  like the MLS (USA)  (draft, wages, All-Star, etc), the Eerste Divisie (Netherlands) (period champions) or Bulgaria (play-offs structure). If you can copy every rule at once maybe you can copy all special rules as well. 

2. Oh, that's a pity. I envision a league pyramid with as many strange and quirky rules as possible. Where for esample the number 5 in the premier league gets swapped with the number 10 in the Championship. Or even better, wherea  Premier League club gets swapped with a team in a league 2 or more levels below that. And where each level has it's own unique rules that are not at the other levels.

1) You can copy competitions, you can't copy rules, you have to make them and in one file per rule per nation.

2) Maybe, but that territory is Advance Rules, and I can't help you a lot there, maybe you can promote a team, lets say the champion of a league get's promoted two levels, the second and probably third team (or as many as you want) will go to the next level.  The same could be done with demotions.  But as I said, that should be explored with the AR, and I'm not expert in that.

On 29/10/2022 at 11:14, 07slyon said:

I am wondering what are the process to change the Swedish Leagues to be played with a more 'traditional' fixture time line. I would like the start of the season to be in August and the last game to be in May at some point.

I have never used the editor before.  If there is a database that has already used this, obviously I am more than happy to use that instead! If not, what processes shall I do???

Many thanks

For the first part, there is the download section in this forum, depending on what version, you could find a Swedish League there.    For the second part (edit the timeline), you need to go to the rules (in a edited database), or create the rules, there is a section where you can set the season change date, the start of the season and the end of season.  It's not difficult.

27 minutes ago, krakonico said:

1) You can copy competitions, you can't copy rules, you have to make them and in one file per rule per nation.

2) Maybe, but that territory is Advance Rules, and I can't help you a lot there, maybe you can promote a team, lets say the champion of a league get's promoted two levels, the second and probably third team (or as many as you want) will go to the next level.  The same could be done with demotions.  But as I said, that should be explored with the AR, and I'm not expert in that.

Thanks for your answers.

This probably will be a very difficult task without any experience with creating/editing competitions, but I hope I'll be able to do it.

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to have the four home nations (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) allow second nationality that will be eligible to play for these teams?

*Edit

This is on FM22 btw.

Edited by jocksaltire

On 31/10/2022 at 13:48, krakonico said:

For the first part, there is the download section in this forum, depending on what version, you could find a Swedish League there.    For the second part (edit the timeline), you need to go to the rules (in a edited database), or create the rules, there is a section where you can set the season change date, the start of the season and the end of season.  It's not difficult.

I have never used the editor before. So I am clueless here.

This is what I keep changing, but nothing ever changes in the game.... It always starts off at the normal time for the Swedish league.

advanced-editor.jpg

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the hard work everyone has done to make all these fabulous editor files. I enjoyed playing FM22 with those additions and it greatly added to my experience.
A lot of mods on these forums are very good and thoroughly tested. Do you mind telling how you setup your savegame when you test something that effects the whole of Europe or even the entire FM world?

I am editing club and league reputation atm. (of which I opened another topic)

To rule out the effect of playable leagues getting stronger than unplayable ones, I pick only 1 minor league.
But, to rule out the effect of unplayable leagues behaving only on a lower percentage comparing to active league, I should pick more leagues.

So now I am confused. If you have some time, could you give me some insights in how you setup a savegame for testing purposes and how many seasons you test it?

Have a good night / have a nice day!

Edited by Jorgen

On 05/11/2022 at 12:12, 07slyon said:

I have never used the editor before. So I am clueless here.

This is what I keep changing, but nothing ever changes in the game.... It always starts off at the normal time for the Swedish league.

Your first situación is that in "bold", and is because you are in "advance rules" and that is another universe.  Try to edit first all you can in "Basic Rules", but this time you need to start from scratch, as seems that if you are only editing the default rules, it won't allow you to change the dates.

image.png.cdbc6ac8be91c498b5231275dc506617.png

image.png.9cbfdd4bfda27a351dada82232f9d4ec.png

So, when you finish adding the league structure, and think everything is ok, first give a test in the editor, save your new database, and test in the game.

Hi all, been a poster for a while but never ventured onto this page and what I am likely to ask is probably about as basic as it gets... I have never looked at the editor before but I would like to start a save as VSL team. I would also like to boost the finances of the club to a few million to help me on my way. Is this something that is easily done and would i need the full editor for that?

6 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

Hi all, been a poster for a while but never ventured onto this page and what I am likely to ask is probably about as basic as it gets... I have never looked at the editor before but I would like to start a save as VSL team. I would also like to boost the finances of the club to a few million to help me on my way. Is this something that is easily done and would i need the full editor for that?

You can do that easily in either the pre-game editor or ingame editor. You just go to the finances window/tab and put in the amount of bank balance that you want.

13 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

You can do that easily in either the pre-game editor or ingame editor. You just go to the finances window/tab and put in the amount of bank balance that you want.

Thanks for the response. And is that the editor that you buy for £5.99 or is it already available? Sorry again for my lack of knowledge on these things! 

Just now, limey150781 said:

Thanks for the response. And is that the editor that you buy for £5.99 or is it already available? Sorry again for my lack of knowledge on these things! 

The ingame editor is the one you pay for. But the pregame editor is free. It will be available when the full game is out. You have to dig it out from a different menu in Steam and download it.