foreign player limit

bogdan436

thank you for trying to help me! I already read all that, but my problem is that in pre-game editor i can find the option to change the foreign players rule....

1. nation rules (rumania)

2. transfer rules......no option to eliminated foreign players rule.

Pre-game editor:

add nation rules - (nation) - Add lower division and Cups to existing structures

Click rules again - convert To advanced rules

Now you can see your nation - click on it

go to fixture rules

There you can edit the rules for the competitions. (Squad selection rules)

Let anything else untouched, save it as.. and load it into the game and see if it works.

You could also add a new fixture rules. Than you have to change it in the competition fixtures rules index.

**** this.....i just spent one day of my vacation for nothing....

finaly I fownd that option, but the system is really stupid.....I just can´t do it! I give up....I spent a lot of time and money.....After 10 years playing FM, that is the first one when it is really disipointing....

The editor is basically the same for the last five years. It takes some time to get into it. But you could also download a custom league file and study how things are set to learn how to do it.

i´m sure that is really simple, but I just can´t do it for now... i´ve done everything in the editor:

1. transfer rules

2. maximum players rules

3. maximum non-Eu players from outside nation in a season....-1=no limit!....competion= romanian first league

4.save editor data as...

5. test rules...

That's correct. You did not change anything to the database, just to the league rules. The db record of the competition is still the same.

DB changes are only those which are made to a database record. Competition changes are something else.

• 2 years later...
On 12/21/2015 at 16:40, KUBI said:

Pre-game editor:

add nation rules - (nation) - Add lower division and Cups to existing structures

Click rules again - convert To advanced rules

Now you can see your nation - click on it

go to fixture rules

There you can edit the rules for the competitions. (Squad selection rules)

Let anything else untouched, save it as.. and load it into the game and see if it works.

You could also add a new fixture rules. Than you have to change it in the competition fixtures rules index.

hi, i'm trying to do this now with FM 2018 for Turkish super league, and I've gotten converted to advanced rules. But I cannot see fixture rules in it... Can anyone help?

vor 11 Minuten schrieb aytacfb:

hi, i'm trying to do this now with FM 2018 for Turkish super league, and I've gotten converted to advanced rules. But I cannot see fixture rules in it... Can anyone help?

It's in the nation tab.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give you a step by step guide how to change fixture rules below. Everything should be in advanced rules.

1. First you need  to navigate to your competition that you want to change (your division in the list ->"Competition" and scroll a bit down) and look at the number of the "Fixture Rules Index".
 5a5642d75bac2_Step1.thumb.png.6878090e988fd52150c7af46352fe7a9.png

2. Go to the fixture rules of the said competition (in your nation -> Fixture Rules -> Rule x), in my case it was "Rule 0".
5a56439b55e28_Step2.thumb.png.06ef2746b6bcf7f646873955bcd8a358.png

3. Next I want to get rid of the "Non-EU U18 Players In Match Squad" because Holland does not even have this rule irl. Select it and remove it. Optional if the rule is blanco then it is hardcoded, an easy way to get around this is by adding a new fixture rule and then change it for the competition in the step 1 location (Fixture Rules Index).
5a56450d9fc68_Step3.thumb.png.e07dc8b5fa98b89881ead95e98d72c0e.png

(Optional, how to add fixture rules if you don't see the match squad rule to change":
5a56453d28a02_Step3(optional).thumb.png.968df0c2950c6c9e0a95e6a8a4445a57.png

4. Make sure the Nation rules are at least set to "override rules in code" when you click on your nation (in my case Holland. If you are wondering why, it is how the game choses which rules to get.

- "Combined with rules in code" make a lot of pre-coded rules dominant.
- "Override rules in code" overwrite most pre-coded rules but not all.
- "Edited rules (override all original rules)" is the most extreme way to force your edited rules in the game but a country or competition might not play well with the original rules and crash.

5a5648037a705_Step4.thumb.png.715539982709c04824341c7e5dfa7bb7.png

5. Now save, verify and check in-game.
Result.thumb.png.5af1b7345d94a94cbb7504bd019cd7e1.png

And it worked.

Now if you are less fortunate then follow these steps:
A. Make sure you check this tutorial and make sure everything works.
B. Make new fixture rules as shown in optional step 3 (don't delete the old ones) and change the "Fixture Rules Index" in your nation as showed in step 1.
C. Crank up your nation and/or competition edited rules' position compared to pre- and hardcoded rules using "Edited rules (override all original rules)" as shown in step 4.
D. If all fails then you'll have to create the rules from scratch. Delete nation rules and choose "Create new competitions and rules" instead of "Add lower divisions and cups to existing structure".

Edited by Slabbekoorn

Thank you for you response! 

Saldy, in my case, the Match rule with the right number is completely empty.

fm.thumb.jpg.21c1e1498b0065cc403f8b0911f0f3b8.jpg

This is for Romania. And the rules is 0 in the competition tab...

I'm really lost!

I might use your last advice later tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks anyway!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Acidd:

Thank you for you response! 

Saldy, in my case, the Match rule with the right number is completely empty.

fm.thumb.jpg.21c1e1498b0065cc403f8b0911f0f3b8.jpg

This is for Romania. And the rules is 0 in the competition tab...

I'm really lost!

I might use your last advice later tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks anyway!

It's most probably one of the other rules. Just go step by step through it.

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

It's most probably one of the other rules. Just go step by step through it.

Just did...

All empty, except for Rules 14, 15 that are for Third League and 16, 17 for Fourth League...

And in these rules, the squad selection is checked but without items in it.

Guys I have a similiar problem, in original rules, Indonesian League One have a "Maximum of 2 foreign players (not including Asian playes) which is I can't find it in pre-game editor. I want to add it in my new nation rules but I cant. I need a help. Please.

20180112034450_1.jpg

Edited by puppetz

vor 4 Minuten schrieb puppetz:

Guys I have a similiar problem, in original rules, Indonesian League One have a "Maximum of 2 foreign players (not including Asian playes) which is I can't find it in pre-game editor. I want to add it in my new nation rules but I cant. I need a help. Please.

20180112034450_1.jpg

I think this is in the overall squad rules.

26 minutes ago, puppetz said:

Thats the overall squad rules on my screenshot. "Foreign players except asian players" only available on match squad rules.

so the only option is to set this in match squad rules, you can register as many as you want but in match - only two. Maybe this will be fixed for new FM or new patch but for now I think it's not possible to change that.

@puppetz

It's probably possible if you add something similar to EU players, like an agreement and listing the Asian countries that are not counted as foreign players.

In combination with the match day rules it should work.

8 minutes ago, KUBI said:

@puppetz

It's probably possible if you add something similar to EU players, like an agreement and listing the Asian countries that are not counted as foreign players.

In combination with the match day rules it should work.

How it will be possible? Make a new aggreement then add it in the nations database?

vor 9 Minuten schrieb puppetz:

How it will be possible? Make a new aggreement then add it in the nations database?

In the nation tab you can just add "nations not treated as foreign". Or you could add a new agreement. Don't know if it would work, as I never added an agreement, but the first one would work. It´s just a bit of a pain to add all the countries.

• 11 months later...
On 10/01/2018 at 18:29, Slabbekoorn said:

I'll give you a step by step guide how to change fixture rules below. Everything should be in advanced rules.

1. First you need  to navigate to your competition that you want to change (your division in the list ->"Competition" and scroll a bit down) and look at the number of the "Fixture Rules Index".
 5a5642d75bac2_Step1.thumb.png.6878090e988fd52150c7af46352fe7a9.png

2. Go to the fixture rules of the said competition (in your nation -> Fixture Rules -> Rule x), in my case it was "Rule 0".
5a56439b55e28_Step2.thumb.png.06ef2746b6bcf7f646873955bcd8a358.png

3. Next I want to get rid of the "Non-EU U18 Players In Match Squad" because Holland does not even have this rule irl. Select it and remove it. Optional if the rule is blanco then it is hardcoded, an easy way to get around this is by adding a new fixture rule and then change it for the competition in the step 1 location (Fixture Rules Index).
5a56450d9fc68_Step3.thumb.png.e07dc8b5fa98b89881ead95e98d72c0e.png

(Optional, how to add fixture rules if you don't see the match squad rule to change":
5a56453d28a02_Step3(optional).thumb.png.968df0c2950c6c9e0a95e6a8a4445a57.png

4. Make sure the Nation rules are at least set to "override rules in code" when you click on your nation (in my case Holland. If you are wondering why, it is how the game choses which rules to get.

- "Combined with rules in code" make a lot of pre-coded rules dominant.
- "Override rules in code" overwrite most pre-coded rules but not all.
- "Edited rules (override all original rules)" is the most extreme way to force your edited rules in the game but a country or competition might not play well with the original rules and crash.

5a5648037a705_Step4.thumb.png.715539982709c04824341c7e5dfa7bb7.png

5. Now save, verify and check in-game.
Result.thumb.png.5af1b7345d94a94cbb7504bd019cd7e1.png

And it worked.

Now if you are less fortunate then follow these steps:
A. Make sure you check this tutorial and make sure everything works.
B. Make new fixture rules as shown in optional step 3 (don't delete the old ones) and change the "Fixture Rules Index" in your nation as showed in step 1.
C. Crank up your nation and/or competition edited rules' position compared to pre- and hardcoded rules using "Edited rules (override all original rules)" as shown in step 4.
D. If all fails then you'll have to create the rules from scratch. Delete nation rules and choose "Create new competitions and rules" instead of "Add lower divisions and cups to existing structure".

I just want to say thank you for removing what stopped me from playing FM since 2008. (The year the Norwegian tournament went from max 2 NON-EU player to the ******** rule of: minimum 16 players have to be trained in Norway before their 21st birthday and you have a maximum squad of 25. Meaning only 9 foreign players) No wonder Norwegian team struggle in Europe in real life.

Again THANK YOU Slabbekoorn. You are my hero. I'm gonna make a fake player of you in my game.

(SOLVED, this works)

• 2 years later...

I'm making Qatar League where have rules: 5 foreign players - 3 any, 1 from Asia and 1 from UAFA (Arab Fedaration). I have problem how add this 1 from UAFA, so I have idea to make this like UE.

I set rules 4 players from outside EU, then go to Qatar page then set in countries treated as the EU: Egypt, Algeria, UAE etc. and also on this page excluded country: Spain, Poland, Germany etc. It's  look work quite good, because players from Spain aren't counted like EU and players form Algeria are counted like EU. But I have big problem with this, because I also set Qatar like country treated as EU, but in game players form Qatar still aren't counted like EU unless player have both nationaliny e.g. Qatar and Algeria, then is counted like EU.

Any idea?

Ok, I did a quick check on the file and a test in the game.

At first I didn't spot the issue, untill I had the registration date passed and then it became clear.

One thing that FM can be very finicky with is order. This can be seen in the order of files (having an issue with that in an edit myself atm), but order of rules is something I have seen in the editor as well.
To give you an example, say, you want to exclude a team from a tournament, you need to set the exclusion rule first.
Based on what I am seeing, that might be an issue here as well. I have to say though, this is the first time I am seeing a rule exluding own nationals. But working on the order of the rules for the foreign players would be the point where I would start looking.
It could be good to log a bug for this in the meantime as excluding own nationals is something SI should be made aware of.

Hi, sorry I have a question about it : I tried several times to start a save in Qatar or Saudi Arabia but all the times I have problems with registration, I mean : AI register more foreign players than allowed or sometimes doesn't register any foreign players...and plays with U18 players for example....why? I downloaded the database of Qatar league and Saudi Arabia from workshop...please help me 🙂

@Wolf_pd Thank you for answer, ok I will check order of rules, I know that is quite important, because I saw that if you want set "0 foreigner goalkeapers" and set it as first rule, then game is blocking buying or contract any foreigner players.

There aren't rule to exclude Qatar players, the best will be if I could set 1 players from list of countries (or agreetment), because in Qatar could register additional foreigner player from UAFA countries (Algieria, Egypt, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia etc.). There is also 1 additional foreigner player from Asia and it's simple for set in editor (for example in Thailand or Vietnam i have this same and there is special rule for ASEAN countries). So, I don't have rule I need, so I try anything from another side.

Maybe I suggest to SI to make editionable rules: "Maximum foreigner players in squad (expect players from: (and there list of countries you could set yourself)".

I check this without waiting for registraton date, because I could click on registration panel in any club and there I see how it work.

So probably I will set 5 foreigners and 4 foreigner expect Asia and done, because I think file is quite good and this one little devation is acceptable.

Matteom82 what file you use? In my it's work correctly (Saudi Arabia I will be make, but I don't suppose any problem).

• 1 month later...

Normally played with 18 teams in Turkish Super League is played with 21 teams this season due to the corona.Next season, 4 teams will be relegated and 3 teams from the lower league will be promoted. The number of teams will be 20.
The registration rules of the super league in the game are changing in the coming years, in reality there is no such change.
I remove these rules from the editor, but when I do this, 3 teams are relegated, not 4, and the league continues with 21 teams.
I want to remove the rules and relegate 4 teams from the league, how can I solve this problem