Every Country? Are You Nuts?

smp20

I'll rank these and try to give some reasoning.

1. Spain

Spain easily has the most competition, as you'd have to overthrow both Barcelona and Real Madrid to win La Liga. On top of that, it's a generally fun league to compete in, with players like Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez. The players are top notch. 

2. Italy

Italy is a very interesting region that is very different from Austria, even if the competition isn't the greatest. It does have Juventus as a top-flight club, but it does have sneaky contenders with Roma and Milan. Plus, Italian names are fun.

3. France

French names are also fun. You also have to overthrow the powerhouse that is PSG, which would be very fun. Competition is also very stiff.

4. Portugal

I don't know why, but I just can't care for Portugal.

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ManUtd1 said:

Fine.  France, to take down the moneybag opposition.

Cheers, that would be quite a task! PSG, Monaco and now Marseille...Lyon can turn out pretty decent too.

Italy gets a vote from me.

Reason is I failled there with Sassari Torres and would like to see you do the same ( ahm, I meant succede) :))

Some great clubs also to pick from, like Ravenna or Triestina.

Anywhere you go it's gonna be hard, but in the same time easier than in a small country (like N. Ireland :p) cause you probably gonna produce quality youths fast and the money in the League are great.

5 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Italy for me. I've become quite fascinated with the Italian game, like the league structure a lot.

Thanks for voting :)

1 hour ago, Muttley84 said:

Italy gets a vote from me.

Reason is I failled there with Sassari Torres and would like to see you do the same ( ahm, I meant succede) :))

Some great clubs also to pick from, like Ravenna or Triestina.

Anywhere you go it's gonna be hard, but in the same time easier than in a small country (like N. Ireland :p) cause you probably gonna produce quality youths fast and the money in the League are great.

Oooh another Italian vote. They're looking odds on favourites now. Any more voters?

6ARj75Z.png

stWRA5k.png

A good last season to finish on at First Vienna - a club I will have very fond memories of. We managed to win 4 trophies this season, though we were unable to retain the Champions League. More on that later.

Bundesliga

VMlKu2S.png

We ripped the league apart this season, nearly getting 100 points!

Austrian Cup

B8LNgNx.png

An excellent campaign until the final, where we just couldn't score against nearly relegated St Polten and needed penalties to win. But who cares, another trophy and no goals conceded :).

Euro Super Cup & Club World Championship

S5Rt1mh.png

We won Europe's glorified friendly and we can now lay claim to being 'the best team in the world'

Champions League

rxQqBO8.png

We started so well but then fell away. I blame complacency - we'd already qualified for the knockouts after 4 games and put on two shocking displays in the last 2 games. I was delighted to grab a last minute equaliser against Porto, only to go and blow it at home. We were 2-0 down very quickly but brought it back to 2-2 before half time. We then went 4-2 ahead but we had a shocking 10 minutes of defending and Porto grabbed the 2 goals they needed for an away goals win. Porto went on to win the CL, beating Arsenal in the final.

Players

6eqE8ui.png

Facilities

czbIcfc.png

9 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

Spain here! Although Italy wouldn't be that bad either... :D Incredible progress here!

Cheers :) We've got a tie-breaker! Anyone want to vote to decide for me :p

World Cup 2026

awvXHyV.png

I just thought I'd post this up :D. Under the management of Thorsten Fink Austria won the World Cup!

v0PQMpc.png

kTC6L9j.png

t50Rp1x.png

HrcFbxX.png

VAcpwZv.png

I think this concludes my time in Austria nicely. Going to miss Diederichs and the gang :(

You sure N. Ireland should be colored there? Or was it all Britain a single shapefile...

Unfortunately I couldn't colour in the individual parts of the United Kingdom, technical error :D. Northern Ireland is still there to be done.

Vote Count:

Spain (5) - @R7Now & @Keano16 & @Cardiovascular & @nextqprmanager @The_Gato_In_Goal

France (1) - @ManUtd1

Italy (4) - @oriole01 & @Muttley84 & @Johnny-Trotter & @pezza96

Portugal (1) @cfkllasdfaslkdfj

A late twist in the votes leads to a change of plans. Spain here I come!

@Generation-Next Technical mistake. Should we always think the worst version of things first? :) Or is it better to give people the benefit of a doubt.

1 hour ago, Generation-Next said:

To be fair, I was joking. 

I've done it before. 

Should we always think that a person saying something is being serious? :cool:

I have no idea what this was about :lol: 

46 minutes ago, smp20 said:

A late twist in the votes leads to a change of plans. Spain here I come!

You misspelled "Sweden."

39 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Did my topic turn hot :lol: 

It's hot in the hot tub...hoo hah...burn the flesh...

Image result for castellon cd

C.D. Castellon - The Start

e17958faa792e0200a876173e92c43b4.png

58921fb2d982cc61f0d25d07a4b3bdca.png

So here I am with country number eight of this challenge, though number two of this thread. My team of choice is Castellon. They've got a bit of history, having played 11 seasons in the top flight and have spent the majority of their time in the second tier. They also made it to the cup final in 1973, only to lose out the Athletic Bilbao. We've already got some good rivalries to look forward to. This season we will be facing Heracles, but it's the rivalries with Villarreal and Valencia in the future that I am most looking forward to. That and taking on the big boys - Atletico, Barca & Real.

Image result for nou castalia

115cd359bb0f5f842a44a37b1fb0bb85.png

The Nou Castalia is situation on the outskirrs of Castellon in the north. Overall, we have a very good starting point for the challenge. I'm very excited about our training facilities. Update to come soon with a few players etc. once I've had a proper look. Oh I nearly forgot:

d87f64b23c0dfe8b5553e39392e103ff.png

Useless and accidently born in Madrid. 

20 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

The IFK Malmo youth academy save from '15 will always be one of my all-time favorites :D

Yes I remember it well, superb work!  Then you abandoned them for their bigger brother ;)

11 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

Nice selection to pick Castellon. It would be a perfect ride to compete for the Spanish League! Good luck in the second youth challenge!

Yes, I like to pick sides with a bit of history and with room to grow into a top side :) cheers

6 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Yes I remember it well, superb work!  Then you abandoned them for their bigger brother ;)

Hahaha...that I did.  I've tried to rekindle the magic, but it just wasn't the same.  Maybe when my current save runs out of steam.

It's like the old saying, you can never go home...but I guess you can shop there.

Archived