Every Country? Are You Nuts?

smp20

Related image

vUv2HQB.png

A superb season that was so close to being even better. We certainly gave Red Bull Salzburg a run for their money!

Results & Table

rlyPLGz.png

Npky6GG.png

We had some fantastic results along the way, including a 3-0 win against Red Bull Salzburg and a 5-0 win against Sturm Graz, the two other sides vying for the title. It was a great run, going into the final game we were 3 points clear of Red Bull. With a point needed, we ended up losing to SV Ried 2-1 whilst Red Bull won 3-0, meaning that they pipped us to the title. It was a gutting way to end the season. To be in this position is fantastic, but being so close yet lose out is always tough to take. Our 'B' team didn't make the most of the opportunity against SV Horn which was disappointing. In hindsight I should have played my strongest 11, but the fringe players had done me proud in the competition beforehand and I was chasing the league title.

Players & Awards

GFSCGvw.png

qEINwsL.png

Finn Frank was the fans favourite for the second season running. At the start of last season I made him our captain which was a bold move considering his age. Hakan Gokcek ended up as the 2nd top scorer in the league, while many of our youngsters are attracting interest from other clubs. Red Bull are the biggest culprits, while Mourinho has been in the stands several times looking at Thomas Finke.

tb79o99.png

nCLY3SP.png

Finn Frank and Hakan Gokcek made the team of the year, while I gained some recognition as manager of the year. Finn Frank was also named Austrian Player of the Year back in January, that lad is flying!

Facilities

247M9Z3.png

a5jlGoS.png

5mG9srh.png

Our facilities are looking good and our training facilities will soon be 'great' :D. Our stadium has only just been expanded, but it's going through another makeover and we will be sharing with Austria WIen again. 

Finances

53uSKpF.png

This screenshot was taken just before the training facilities upgrade cash was taken out so we're not looking quite as healthy. However, we do have another crack at Europe which will help us out.

Transfers

H454nGW.png

A bit of a clear out and I will be having another clear out over the summer. We're close to being able to field a fully HG at club side.

I'm looking forward to having our first chance at Champions League football, though I expect a tough tie in the Best Placed Qualifying stages. 

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

A complete English dominance! I think the next report would be how Austria did well in the Euro 2020 and will England going a royal flush in Euro 2020?

5da0d40f3cef425afe640779e69ef659.png

England weren't as strong in the Euros as their club teams in Europe. Belgium ended up the winners, with Divock Origi top goalscorer and Eden Hazard player of the tournament. Austria made it to the Quarter-final but lost out to the eventual winners. They were lucky to get there however, they drew all of their group games (Switzerland, Montengro, Germany) so scraped through as one of the besrt 3rd place teams. A fantastic performance against Ukraine, one of the few games Thomas Finke didn't play in - he's now up to 5 caps.

1 hour ago, cfkllasdfaslkdfj said:

Do you separate CDL/CDR and DML/DMR only by leading foot or by the subrole on the pitch like small and quick vs strong and big?

In an ideal world the centre backs will be one right footed, one left footed both with high pace/acceleration.  Though, I'd go for pace ahead of ensuring one left one right. In defensive midfield it's more or less the same, except I like to aim for one more creative and one more destroyer.

The good, the bad and the ugly

8d03db796392f25cb75ce6ffe5d6e973.png

b054f57171f6d6664bbcb2efec2f2f03.png

Starting with some good news, our youth setup is now up there with the best in the world :D

684585ed96bcfa60ccf8fe815f15eb0d.png2384f81a0e4cea0450f927c471ee3bf3.png

5689f828d6bb3e4f6deb1b1a95b5002f.png

The bad news, we've lost Thomas Finke. I know the board won't understand that I'm doing a youth challenge.....this is a big step back for the club. He was our best player by far.

57e58f821c36241b5e373e4b16cbede9.png

Finishing with the ugly, looks like a pretty hard Brexit! I wonder how much this will affect the English team's success in Europe?

08f9796d06efe7074bf80ac2673ddb82.png

An incredible result against Olympiakos. Darko Martinovic, already the clubs youngest goalscorer, smashed home 4 second half goals in emphatic style. Unless we capitulate in Greece, we should have a place in the Best Placed Play-off and therefore guaranteed at least Europe League Groups :)

2ee37883d6c3ee3d006f77da9371ff7e.png

Safely through to the best placed play-off :D

3126d53ef6e433ee9c7070674b0a22b8.png

This was the best draw we could have had considering Arsenal and Benfica were in the draw. I'm not expecting much, but at least we've got a chance.

20 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Keep up the good work. All that money from Europe should come in handy. 

Cheers @Muttley84. Though it seems that after losing our best player we've taken a huge step backwards :( update to follow.

Related image

2020/21 Mid-Season Review

Austrian Bundesliga

7145e39d022f98e8aa1c0840223a9164.png

The results are grim reading, particularly 5 losses to start with.

b441438c81cd48f485d90ed65ca10629.png

Accompanying our bad results is our league position. We need to have an outstanding second half of the season in order to push for European places. It would be disappointing to not finish top 4 considering how well we did last year. Austria Wien are taking the league by storm and it's no wonder when they've brought in 6 quality loan players from the likes of Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus.

Austrian Cup

a3990ee3bc295783d3f6d8ec5c899814.png

We've made it to the quarter-final where we have a re-match against SV Horn. This time, I hope a full-strength side will send them into orbit and I will be very disappointed if we don't. This is our only chance of silverware and Patrick Thomas has been promised some - I did say two seasons but in his promises he wants it this year :rolleyes:

e39be2abab6a1df9546f0b33d64f524a.png

The home leg against Olympiakos has been the highlight of the season. In the groups we kept it competitive in the first round of games, managed a draw against Lokomotive and beat Valencia with a late winner. By the last match, it was too late to qualify so a rotated side headed to Turkey for a heavy loss, but still a good effort considering.

Players

b1e9d3203745701763971ea38f8c8781.png

I will do a full squad update at the end of the season but here is how we are looking performance wise. Considering our league position the ratings aren't bad - Patrick Thomas and Anton Berisha are performing well together in DM. We're struggling in the back 4 however, in particular Kevin Krisch who's now our only natural right back.

Related image

Youth Intake 2021

c9742cf69efdc38b0f4702c0841a8515.png

A very interesting intake indeed, with 4 players coming from our feeder clubs. The RKC players all get contracts, while Jens Cools is released because of his slack personality. In my excitement I forgot to screenshot the report page because of this:

d917ee7524424e2aafe9ac31f06a968b.png

OMFG :eek:. Remember the name Jurgen Diederichs because he's going to be something special. He's already the best striker at the club but he will be limited to the cup because as normal we can't register our intake. I'm not sure how long we will keep him, but to have a player of his calibre come through is outstanding and gives me a lot of hope.

2dbf21ed31e4955af1e55d15cef269fe.png

Sabic is exactly what we needed, a replacement for Thomas Finke. He's got 20 determination and a professional personality so I expect him to go far in the game.

c4a04a3e8a9b37aaa971aedf2a241a4b.png

Highly rated by the HOYD, though he's got a lot of work to do.

773c52c612732ced47bd878002dfadf8.png

Another decent left winger with a good personality.

46cd3256ae766033776dda54f7f3a882.png

Dexl is tiny; 5'2 and 7st 7lbs!!! But he's got potential, lets see how he develops.

78e7da65f49e02ce5e90d88864f1bd74.png

The best of the bunch from our feeder club RKC, I think he could become a very tidy defensive midfielder.

Related image

THcylll.png

After a very poor start in the league we managed to turn it around somewhat and finish 5th. We managed to get some silverware for the first time since 2018, securing the Austrian Cup against our city rivals. This means that we will enter the  Europa League at the 3rd qualifying stage.

Austrian Bundesliga

P2eQ6E7.png

8zzz6of.png

The second half of the season saw us gain an 8-2-6 record, of which 5 wins were on the trot. We will have to improve if we hope to challenge for the title again any time soon. Last season's goal difference title loss seems like a distant memory now. Jurgen Klinsmann guided Austria Wien to the title in his first season there. He made full use of the loan market, getting in 6 high quality 19-22 year olds. Meanwhile, Red Bull spent close to £20m on players yet finished the season poorly in 3rd place.

Austrian Cup

rNVHHGN.png

P4eELTu.png

Finally something to be very happy about :D. Jurgen Diederichs did not disappoint, scoring twice against Sturm Graz and the winner in the final again Rapid. I'm very excited about him starting next season. Our third piece of silverware!

Players

915RGV5.png

The side is now dominated by academy-grown players. Finn Frank hasn't really improved much over the last 18 months, but he picked up the fans player of the year award for the third season running. Patrick Thomas has really started to boss the midfield, sometimes a little too physically given his 23 yellows and 2 reds. I was going to post players up now, but I've decided that now is the time to get rid of all the non HG at club players. We've got an abundance of youngsters waiting for their chance in the first team and I'm going to force my hand by giving myself no other option! I hope it doesn't come back to bite me, but I'd rather give the game time to a youngster than an older player who will never improve beyond Eerste Liga level.

bc1e10baca95fa2bf4402d783c032b45.png

b2381e97e7b4976025ca9849a4fcd245.png

Facilities

2Ot8fDt.png

Finances

29XfZmA.png

Transfers

lpsoZBV.png

Related image

Squad Review July 2021

a9aee6d2db2e9725c7f7271ac12a0c3d.png

My first task was to offer out all our non club grown players and to my surprise teams were interested in signing them, even if for slightly less than their value. Sutcu was the only player that we couldn't shift, so I paid him off instead. This crop of players have been the mainstay of the side since day 1, but it's time for a new era. The only player with real top league quality was Bostjan Bizjak, so it was hard to let him go. But, I knew it was time.

Goalkeepers

QZm1ChN.png

Eichammer has developed into a good top league keeper after taking the no. 1 spot from Kostner around 18 months ago. There's still room for a little improvement.

VatCafU.png

Abich is now our second choice keeper after Kostner leaving, and as you can see he's not really ready. However, a bit of first team action if needed will do him good, whilst being available for u18 friendlies.

Right Backs

SNasdFv.png

Sabic has got the potential and personality to go far in the game. I reckon he could become better than Thomas Finke, who incidentally went on loan to Nice. He's got the speed and the base attributes that a full back needs.

Yg4dyov.png

Fuchs. We did have two Fuchs, now we have one. Wolfgang, who is promoted to the 1st team to be our second choice right back. He's decent enough physically and he's hart working, but he's 7/8s across the board for everything else and needs to develop fast.

Left Backs

ABeRie1.png

Lampichler has already made over 100 appearances for the club and at a tender age of 20 could be deemed one of the side's veterans.

UCj3B6d.png

Fork gives us another good option at left back, one area of the pitch where we have depth. He's 2 years younger than Lampichler and not far off his ability so I reckon he'll become first choice in not too long.

Centre Backs

mCmsJ6u.png

Another player with 100+ appearances, Jung is now our leading centre back. His best attribute is his pace, but his anticipation and positioning need to be developed.

Yd2zZTe.png

I'm thinking that Vasic would be our best option to partner Jung at the moment. He's enormous, but also not really slow, so he should compliment Jung well and still be able to play a high line.

N4wwfD6.png

He's more likely to cover Jung than be a starter, but Bernhard is a player with great potential.

ltNEyIK.png

If you remember a while back, Ferstl had an off-field event which made him really determined. He's our only left footed centre back and a bit of an all-rounder. A decent back up option.

Defensive Midfielders 

2FXTLXY.png

Thomas is really starting to mould into a top quality player now. He had our best average rating last season and I like how well-rounded his attributes are. He acts like a box-to-box midfielder.

ycllSHP.png

One of three home-grown players that started in the squad, Berisha is the old man of the team at 30 :kriss:

ZUERLtf.png

Eisner was another youngster who became more professional off the field and he's come on leaps and bounds. He's been successfully retrained as a defensive midfielder after a couple of years in the B team. He made 9 first team appearances last year, 5 of which were in the league.

Hqkxhb4.png

He's not quite ready yet, but he should develop well with appearances off the bench. Bakker is hopefully the first of many to make it into our first team from our feeder clubs.

Right Wing

zRak2I4.png

Captain Frank is a key man. For what he lacks in technical ability, he makes up for with speed and grit. Ok, so he hasn't got much better since he was 17, but he's still a key player and the fans love him.

QM1yWUh.png

Heil is natural down both sides, but will be mainly cover for Frank. He has developed nicely, I'm not even sure he got an original screenshot as he didn't look anywhere near good enough to start with.

Left Wing

7Z20JTU.png

Wachter burst into the first team last season and improved a lot as the season went on. He's now a key player and I'm  expecting good performances from him.

AGSUqUN.png

Sahinturk was in the original squad but took a while to break in the team as first choice. He's now just a back up player, but does well when called upon.

Strikers

G2hobJC.png

Diederichs. He looks insane and has already made a good impression in the cup. I'm very excited about him leading the line next season, he'll smash our goalscoring record of 18 goals that's for sure!

AsNjsfC.png

Martinovic will be our complete forward. He was our top scorer last season, but struggled a bit in the league. I reckon he will bloom whilst feeding Diederichs.

0OMF1mF.png

Puchegger was ever-present in the league last season and he's a great option to have.

TuouSlo.png

Gokcek completes a quartet of strikers that are all god enough to play in the top league. Great depth. He's scored over 100 league goals for the club in his career, and spent just one season away in Turkey before returning.

Other News

fDxkyoh.png

Our ever expanding stadium is adding to our expanding debs, but in the long term it'll be worth it.

H2MzABT.png

A hefty chunk of money, but this is exactly what we need.

0IaIMvk.png

A new contract and improved youth recruitment. Up to well established :D

1IdTjBL.png

I fancy our chances here.

Related image

2021/22 Mid-Season Update

25dcdb400911cadc7e0ab03a8c3a9977.png

We're currently on a long unbeaten run and we go into the winter break 6 points clear at the top :D. Everything is clicking together this season and the lack of European football has been a blessing in disguise - no heavy defeats and a fit first 11.

227ac5efe966b495d9278fd28ca68b5c.png

We've made it to the last 8 in the cup again, though we have a tricky tie against Sturm Graz.

641b15b0f46cf32c7449aae15b35380c.png

Performances have been excellent, we've really shown improvement at the back despite selling our experienced players. Dzemo Vasic has been the surprise performer, topping the average ratings. The enormous centre back has been crucial in our mean defence. Meanwhile, Wachter has been superb on the left.

6fe3f9fdf0fa7fadfb56eaf6cb9fe70f.png

But of course there's one man who's made a real difference. Diederichs has already broke our goalscoring tally in half a season :lol:

Related image

Youth Intake 2022

jkroEvm.png

RmvIxEz.png

I will kick off my updates with something very positive. You see that line - "best of his generation" - that's one to get excited about :D

dXmy3QX.png

Deinert is touted to become one of the best right backs in the world. He looks good, but he's got plenty of work to do to get there. I'm hoping we can cling on to him. With his arrival, Sabic is being retrained as a right winger.

UOqwu2O.png

Another good full back, Rahn is already good enough to be given some first team action, though he's got Fork and Lampichler to content with. I'm tempted to re-train Fork as a centre back.

VEAahC6.png

Kupper is a decent right wing prospect. 

LKjNpLx.png

Another lad from RKC, Ilunga is a decent keeper, an excellent sweeper with his pace and rushing out. Obvious key areas to work on, but he's our no. 2 for sure.

QSwdBB5.png

A decent striker prospect in desperate need of tutoring.

2Sh4zxb.png

Another striker, who could be a first teamer with the right development.

Related image

Rii5R5T.png

This season was a bitter pill to swallow. Top of the table at the half way point, only to lose the title on goal difference. This has happened twice now! We did win some silverware to keep the want-aways a bit happier.

Austrian Bundesliga

DetTPTX.png 

lVeqKN9.png

So this is how it ended. Ignore the fact that we lost against SCR Altach twice and lost 5-0 at home to Sturm Graz (embarrassing), we went into the final two games level with Rapid and we were due to play them and Austria Wien. We only managed a draw at home, conceding a fluke own goal to add insult to injury. We also only managed a draw against Austria Wien in the final game. Meanwhile, Rapid drew 2-2 with Sturm Graz, equalising late from 2-0 down. It was a horrific way to end the season.

Austrian Cup

7fjMsuX.png

Our consolation came with a convincing cup win, our 3rd in 5 seasons. We looked very good throughout the campaign, including big wins against Sturm Graz & Red Bull. We faced 2nd tier Austria Lustenau in the final and it never looked in doubt.

Players

UBH6Vjg.png

A very solid all round performance this season, just a shame about the league ending. Diederich was league top scorer with 26 goals, earning him a call up for Austria's World Cup squad.

Facilities

xErndFu.png

We're looking like a great place to develop our players now, lets just hope we can keep hold of them.

Finances

9Yn7h3T.png

Solid enough, we're finally getting a decent sponsorship deal which helps. We should do well out of Europe money wise next season as we'll be starting in the CL 3rd Qual.

Transfers

6ueiVWd.png

No news to add since our clearout in the summer, fortunately.

12 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

Ouch, you're getting really unlucky here. Surely next season will be the one?

Here's hoping. The other sides seem to be improving each year so it's going to be difficult.

It seems that First Vienna 1894 is dominant in the league, but not in the Europa League. Now, reaching 2022, it's World Cup time and I also look out the winners of the Champions and Europa League. I expected Austria didn't qualify, but it would be lucky to them in the second place.

6 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

It seems that First Vienna 1894 is dominant in the league, but not in the Europa League. Now, reaching 2022, it's World Cup time and I also look out the winners of the Champions and Europa League. I expected Austria didn't qualify, but it would be lucky to them in the second place.

To be considered dominant we need to win the league first :D. We haven't made a mark on Europe yet, though we have managed to beat Liverpool and Valencia is the groups so we've got something to shout about.

Austria comfortably qualified for the World Cup hosted in Morocco, finishing with an 8-0-2 record in their group. They made it to the 2nd round before being knocked out by Holland. The final was contested between Portugal and Mexico, which Portugal won 3-0 to be crowned world champs.

Champions League Winners

c9ec0dab0502464cd6d70dc025e2cf4b.png

Europa League Winners

a7afeb63b289a33c048afc154a2d2bc8.png

There's still a strong English dominance in Europe. 

Related image

Champions League Qualifying 2022/23

EapHQVV.png

I facepalmed when we drew Sporting in the 3rd QR, they were the hardest side we could have drawn. However, a 2-0 away win and an exciting 4-4 draw at home saw us knock them out of the competition. What a way to do it!

qUvAqza.png

Dynamo Kiev are no mugs but they were the kindest draw. I wasn't expecting to run out 7-1 winners on aggregate, shows how far we've come in 2 years! Into the CL group stages for the first time :D

O4NttWX.png

Ouch :eek:. We might be able to scrape 3rd, but Barca and Chelsea will dominate.

15 minutes ago, clarkehwbu said:

Ouch tough group but I reckon you can scrape into the Europa League Knock outs, Heerenveen shouldn't put up much of a test.

Yeah I'm hoping we can finish above Heerenveen. Though they do have one key player - Memphis Depay!

Related image

2022/23 Mid-Season Update

Austrian Bundesliga

517ac5158404123a698ff8f1f5400766.png

We are looking very good in the league. We had a shock 4-0 defeat against SCR Altach who seem to be our bogey side followed by a loss at home to Austria Wien. Apart from these two games, we've looked very comfortable. I've been top at this point twice before and lost out on the title on goal difference, here's hoping for 3rd time lucky!

Austrian Cup

7427a03f5bbb5069eb92c3766fd45b10.png

With the exception of the first game which was used as final friendly, I will be using my second string throughout the competition. They've done well so far, though may struggle against Rapid.

Champions League

75d2046198819895aad47e6a207b58d0.png

41043ee0087025fca7d0b1d43266e801.png

I'm extremely happy with our first CL campaign. We beat Chelsea and Heerenveen at home, whilst picking up a point in Holland and only losing by 1 goal to both Barca and Chelsea away. We finished 3rd, securing a place in the EL knockouts for the first time.

05241280c9fdf6f42c1f5f5feb885051.png

A very tricky tie, but it could have been worse. Austria Wien got drawn against Man City :lol:

Players

d5832c12d4524ae85b1b7c11ed0adb0a.png

The old guard are barely used at all now, our first team is full of 17-21 year olds. Diederichs and Martinovic have created a wonderful partnership, closing in on 50 goals between them.

Related image

Youth Intake 2023

NOll9Yl.png

iBBzrL7.png

Another good intake including a couple of good prospects from our feeder clubs.

cA8WkHa.png

Auer looks set to become the long-term partner for Diederichs (if we can keep hold of him). He will excel in the advanced forward role.

vhRaQ8O.png

Winkler is already one of the best centre backs at the club and I expect him to be in and around the first 11 next season.

5z3QIkp.png

Another decent left back prospect, Silva comes from our feeder club Sacavense.

880QD01.png

De Laet is another prospect from one of our feeder clubs, this time Turnhout. He's got the right profile to become a good back-up striker.

Europa League 2023

hp50SzF.png

An excellent 3-0 home win set us up well for the return leg in Seville. We nearly bottled it, we were 3-0 down, but we managed to grab that all important goal tog through.

YD3JLTF.png

A superb 5-2 win in the first leg put us in a great position, 4 goals scored by Diederichs. A 2-1 loss in Napoli didn't phase us, through to the Quarter Final :)

qOjHlAX.png

A 2-1 away loss and 2-1 after 90 minutes at home saw this one go into extra time. A superb hat-trick from that man Jurgen Diederichs secured the win for us and a place in the semi final.

Cowb9Vq.png

So close yet so far. A 2-1 loss at home was always going to be hard to overturn. Even harder when your keeper scores a calamitous own goal. Out 3-2 on aggregate, but a fantastic run.

Atletico lost to Braga in the final, who beat Man City, Zenit and Leverkusen en route. Incredible run from them.

Related image

GY7rY6d.png

Finally I can say that we have won the league :D. Easily the best season so far in the save. Hopefully we can keep on improving.

Austrian Bundesliga

YxLw8hM.png

It was very comfortable in the end. In the last ten games or so we started fielding heavily rotated sides in the league to rest players for our EL run. We rapped up the title with 4 games spare in the end.

Austrian Cup 

dnSrV8W.png

We lost in extra time to Rapid. Even Diederichs starting couldn't save us. Nevermind, the cup wasn't a priority this season. Rapid won it on penalties against SV Ried.

Europe

MoDTTIK.png

Just as a reminder of our progress in Europe :D. Even against Europe's elite we kept it close.

Club Information

hfh92NY.png

I've made it to the icon stage, as has young Diederichs. Also it looks like our rivalry with Rapid has increased, they're now 2nd in the list.

Facilities

HPstd8u.png

cXb5kfg.png

dvt4ZWU.png

Solid steps forward for the club on the facilities side. Our stadium is being expanded yet again. This time we are sharing the massive national stadium.

Finances

7pPDPmS.png

We're in a solid position, which is just as well because very soon we're going to be offering contracts for players with proper wages. At the moment most of our players are still on their original contracts ranging from £80-£500 per week, but these run out soon and they're going to want parity with the league. Rightly so I guess, but I'm stingy.

Transfers

pN2HT8w.png

We say goodbye to Anton Berisha. He wasn't happy about a lack of first team football and I thought it was only fair to let him leave. Sahinturk and Gokcek will also be leaving at the end of the season, meaning that all of our original squad is gone.

Players

ffa19c4d3b5906b37c0b4b12213d81b9.png

A lot more rotation this season. Here's the key 5 players:

wzCWWio.png

Diederichs is bordering on world class - he'll get there if he continues to develop. He has been sensational for us this season, scoring 43 and setting up 20 in 51 appearances. He's made the complete forward role his own.

d5OXJOg.png

Sabic has come on a lot. He only took a year to become a natural winger from nothing, a testament to his trainability. He is exceptionally quick and will now act as a box-to-box type winger for us.

EXZ4LA4.png

Now a 'veteran' Patrick Thomas is a class act in defensive midfield.

egoepx7.png

Wachter is a key creator for us. He's developed very well, to be honest he didn't look like much of a player to begin with.

T52FNuI.png

Last but not least, Deinert is the man touted as the 'best of his generation'. He's been eased into the side and struggles a bit against the top teams, but I can't expect much more from a 17 year old.

55ca4a8b8b18b41a9f72ccd97e2d817c.png

This is superb :D. The option wasn't even available until I was offered a new contract and the board felt it was a reasonable request. Exceptional Junior Coaching - check. Extensive Youth Recruitment - check.

e51d7410df148ebd2c1ab074084614fe.png

Huge strides for Austria football as it leapfrogs the top flights of Ukraine, Holland and Turkey.

54cb705b69dfcecda0ab5e7f6bcc8baa.png

We're now inside the top 60 rankings, which should help us with our seeding.

6845a557b1a0ef6643f7fb122f8f8439.png

Most importantly of all, the Austrian league winners get to the group stages automatically.

:hammer:

Just now, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Too bad :(

At least you got decent money and a sell on clause

Yeah, I feel it could be the first of many though :seagull:

Diederichs has an asking price of £60m and I've got a contract extension waiting for him, so hopefully he'll stay. Patrick Thomas is precarious too.

Related image

2023/24 Champions League Qualifying

09MKaps.png

We had no concerns getting past Samtredia, champions of Georgia. Anyone ever heard of them? A 6-0 win away allowed us to play our second string at home.

hxRhJQL.png

Another very comfortable win and we're through to the group stages. Much easier than the best placed play-offs!

WNfH2bm.png

Ouch :( back down to earth with this group.

9rgUwJD.png

New chairman is in. He's actually one of our old directors and he's wiped off our stadium debts. So far so good...

Related image

2023/24 Mid-Season Update

Bundesliga

rNhVmeV.png

We've not done too badly so far, but Austria Wien are on fire :eek: - they've beat us twice already.

Champions League

HOHxJMc.png

bZfwT2j.png

A very good showing in the group stages where we finish 3rd and enter the EL KO's again. Leverkusen ended up as surprise whipping boys of the group. We went into the final game with a chance of clinching 2nd spot, but Napola kept us out.

C8QdqMg.png

A winnable tie against Anderlecht. I'm happy with this one :)

Players

GMyMzXz.png

Diederichs has been a goal machine so far!

Related image

Youth Intake 2024

UtTwTc5.png

yUabDlq.png

Another decent with 3 potential first team mainstays. Rocco Porro - I love his name!

lL3jakK.png

Thank you very much Livorno for Porro :D. We've struggled in the DM department a little. We've got Patrick Thomas, but our other options lack in quality and there's no depth. This all changes now with a creative type DM.

XPbW0WK.png

Zauner has all the right characteristics to become a key first team centre back.

ZWi0X9M.png

Forst is another striker with bags of potential. He might struggle to get first team chances soon.

0BxAPgr.png

Yet another decent striker, but he's got a lot of work to do to make the first team.

XVUfexg.png

A pacey winger with not much else going for him.

Related image

Europa League 2024

6g1mcKT.png

We managed to sneak past Anderlecht. I was happy with 2-2 away and a 1-0 win at home was a great way to consolidate our place in the next round.

VB98t7T.png

A superb 4-1 home win put us in a great position but Sporting really tested us in Portugal. It was a thrilling game but we were looking pretty comfortable - two of their goals came late on.

MHc6WS3.png

Another 7-5 aggregate win, this time via 4-3 at home 3-2 away. Spurs are a fantastic side who were runners up in the CL last season and won it twice in row in 2020 and 2021. This victory really shows we mean business.

9c2b28f6bdd781b432ba862fe9750b1d.png

Sorry for the different screenshot here but I must have forgotten to taken one originally. We won both ties against Porto to seal a place in the Final, being played at the City of Manchester Stadium :D :D. Here we will face Inter Milan, who beat Ajax in the semi-final.

jUlVmye.png

But this is the worst news ever :(. Our key man is out for the final. He'll even miss the European Championship with Austria. 

Image result for europa league

2024 Europa League Final  

2aOPODT.pngQSpcogu.png

The final where youth meets experience. Inter's front 3 are a force to be reckoned with; Icardi is the competition's top scorer with 20 goals in just 14 games! Jota and Asensio have 14 assists between them. Joao Mario and Brozovic will be a handful for Bakker and Thomas to deal with in midfield while Gai and Rizzo are the youth of the team at 22/23 years old. Their back line is very experienced - 33, 30, 34, 34 from left to right - so they are mentally strong. But, they lack pace, and that's what we need to exploit.

YICCuxK.png

VlcCzM5.png

ZH3KovQ.png

We only went and did it :D. Step up Dirk De Laet, Diederichs replacement. What a way to make a mark from the young lad. We were 2-1 down at half time and a kick up the backside worked. When we went 4-2 up from a corner we were celebrating, but it soon turned to squeaky bum time when they grabbed one back straight from kick-off. Another exciting game of Europa League football and we are crowned champions :D.

ELIhCEo.png

I thought I'd post up the match stats as a matter of pride. We limited Inter to shots from long whilst creating several clear cut chances ourselves, mostly on deadly counters. This is exactly how I want this tactic to work against the bigger sides.

Zak4Vkk.png

Hall of Fame

Goalkeeper

rKzbGlE.png

His goal was peppered with shots throughout the tournament and although he wasn't always great he did make some important saves along the way

Right Back

vtncAZv.png

He's been coming on leaps and bounds and is still set to become one of the best full backs in the World.

Left Back

Qyw6xPN.png

Perhaps the weak link of the side performance wise, but he's developing quickly.

Centre Back

i8ewkHM.png

Vasic was captain in the final and he was excellent. He grabbed the last minute goal that secured the trophy and I'm sure he thoroughly enjoyed holding it up!

Centre Back

3iUtU3E.png

He's not long sign his first professional contract and he scored the goal to put us in the lead. Good lad!

Defensive Mid

rl7y8Qx.png

A solid force as per normal. He ended up seeing out the match at right wing.

Defensive Mid

H9r3Z8s.png

He doesn't look amazing but he performs. A great showing in the final.

Right Wing

6szD0KD.png

Emerged as a first teamer after the sale of Sabic and leading up to the final he was in exceptional form. Ended up being subbed to enable Patrick Thomas to make our right hand side more solid defensively.

Left Wing

feybsxK.png

An excellent performer. He made a sensational assist, skinning 3 opponents on the counter before whipping a perfect ball in the box for the equaliser.

Striker

rRMpFro.png

Has been more of a rotation player this season but became regular first choice when Julian Auer picked up a long term injury.

Striker

xxl8qks.png

Wowzer what a performance in the final! 2 goals and MOTM, something for him to remember!

Substitute

NFpgGRq.png

Wallner was originally untagged but has found himself into the first team and made quite a few appearances. 

Special Mention

myjxekO.png

He might not have plated in the final, but he was instrumental in getting us there so I couldn't leave him out.

Archived