Every Country? Are You Nuts?

smp20

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image result for cd castellon

Castellon - Squad Assessment

hkGofx9.png

To point out the obvious, we have an old squad. Accompanying that age is a lack of pace in the side. I'm going to see how we go with my 4-4-2DM but I may have to make some changes for now.

Key Players

kcguWet.png

Creative and young, well 26 is young enough, but lacks pace.

XGBp6yw.png

Suarez is a superb creator and very technically gifted. To be fair for 38 he's got some pace. I'm re-training him as ML at the moment but this could well change.

2QIzeCk.png

Decent enough centre back, no real weaknesses.

isoVYoO.png

Another golden oldie - he isn't the type of advanced forward I'm used to.

6SXktVB.png

Decent all round keeper. As with many of our players, he lacks determination.

Lt8bZsP.png

He's the best 'destroyer' we've got.

YnqYzma.png

He's really started to struggle physically now but hopefully his ability will see him through.

0rCj3Mz.png

As above, sturggling physically but still has a bit of star quality.

Hot Prospects

39awjTD.png

He's the best prospect, well only prospect, who is first team ready. He's got a bit of pace, which is really needed in this side.

mftI9pl.png

My pick from the intake that came through before I started here. He looks like a reasonable all-rounder.

mtt7Lax.png

Technically gifted, but a lot of work to do before he can be consdered a 1st team player.

CTdDJUT.png

I don't really rate him to be honest, but my assistant does so he gets a tag.

77f5dc72a6ae0e4b1815e7d7d90da1c5.png

A few games in and I wasn't happy with how we were playing. I wanted to make the most of Ruben Suarez before his legs are gone so I switched to this for the last game:

570fe1082d835acd2d14c3d2dd4f2bea.png

Nothing major changed in terms of the system, but my god it worked with the front pairing, we were 5-0 up at half time. More of the same please!

22 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

The things that randomly pop into my mind!  Great scene, from a great movie!

If only I had such inspiration with tactics.

You seem to be doing pretty well judging by your career thread so far on all accounts!

19 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Is his name just Tariq? If so, that's the greatest name ever.

His name in full is Tariq Spezie Sevilla, but he just prefers Tariq :lol:. At the tender age of 37, he made his debut for the UAE. He's also Spanish and Italian...

27 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Hope you dont mind QQ

Ive just increased the youth coaching budget - board agreed

but they blocked me signing another coach? - is this not the same thing?

thx

Junior coaching budget is how much time/effort/money/expertise you put into coaching youngsters before they reach the u18s, i.e. before the intake. So it'll help you bring in better quality players in your youth intake. It's not related to your u18 coaches as such. You'll need to ask for more coaches if you want to get some more in over the current limit.

2017/18 Mid-season Update

League

c780b142c0d5e37a93b692a4e16abebe.png

0d41a7da8f201340c48d8a692c1c8693.png

I'm going to be honest, I'm struggle a little to find a system that I enjoy / is successful with this team. I've tried 3/4 different strategies. I've tweaked the  4-4-2DM but we just can't play it. I think if we had stuck with it, we'd be right down there in the relegation spots. We're lacking pace and it hurts me deeply :(. I will soldier on, it's not been a bad league campaign in all honesty.

Cups

b4384fef7048deb8c017cff0938803f3.png

Out of both in the first round. Oh dear.

Players

d3a7c9b2973126b2d0a18a95c3ec16b9.png

Some positive average ratings. Ruben Suarez can be outstanding at times.

Time to get to work!

14 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Junior coaching budget is how much time/effort/money/expertise you put into coaching youngsters before they reach the u18s, i.e. before the intake. So it'll help you bring in better quality players in your youth intake. It's not related to your u18 coaches as such. You'll need to ask for more coaches if you want to get some more in over the current limit.

Thx [ ok I understand now ] - I was hoping to bring in Di Natale as U18 Coach, Board refuse to increase staff, shall I let one go in the hope of getting him?

btw do you change tactics home & away?

thx

3 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Nube observation : Arturo is not a LB

ps. R U trying lots of formations / tactics?

He's definitely not a left back, but the only real left back we have is absolutely terrible, so Arturo has been playing there ahead of him. Hopefully I will get an ok one in the next youth intake. I have been changing tactics, though I think I'm just going to stick with the original now. Fed up with all the changing. This could backfire :idiot:

17 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Thx [ ok I understand now ] - I was hoping to bring in Di Natale as U18 Coach, Board refuse to increase staff, shall I let one go in the hope of getting him?

btw do you change tactics home & away?

thx

I don't change much when it's all settled. i.e. with First Vienna. Oh take me back there please :lol: 

2018 Youth Intake

TvnFNpe.png

Managed to sneak this one in before Christmas, up to average!

JlKBIBU.png

I thought I'd  taken the report screenshot but clearly not. Anyway, a good intake :)

4AoDmQX.png

Jimenez is a good attacking full back, just need to get his tackling up.

TdAy8Hf.png

Berna is a quality GK prospect with a good personality. Oh I've just realised his penalty taking :D - don't think I will be risking it.

FUCAOGd.png

Aroca is that typical pacey striker. Put your hand over his physical attributes and you'd imagine him playing in the upper echeleons of Sunday League football. But, with that pace he's going to be a right handful and a breath of fresh air compared to what we've got.

DUhu2YQ.png

Yessss - Mas is exactly what we needed. A centre back with decent physicals.

7nNvyI8.png

Quesada needs plenty of work, but a bit of physical and passing ability gives him a good start. He will be re-train as MR

QIRs4LU.png

Martinez will add depth to defensive midfield. His mental attributes are great, though with his 'dive into tackles' trait he's going to be a high-carded player...

Results

hvIpIPU.png

Next time I start to turn away from my tactic, can someone slap me? A bit of perseverance and it's really turned around. A 9-0 win against Llagoestera was just insane and that final game vs Badalona saw us beat the league leaders! Ok we're getting caught out more than I'd want because of pace, but we're playing the way I like and the results are good too.

hgWMb42.png

xXs6obZ.png

We're 4 points off the playoffs and we've got Ebro and Hercules, our rivals, at home. We could sneak in there if we continue our form!

April-May 2018 Update

8324cae6fd42ae033ab337d61d193e99.png

We started April off shakily with 2 losses, but really picked up after that. We beat rivals Heracles and Ebro who were play-off challengers too.

be78a5316f42bcb1be4f74cb49bed786.png

We've only gone and done it :D. We will now face a tricky tie against a 2nd placed side.

3a98b254ed48fa2f38782d0febc90bdd.png

Talk about taking your chances :D. 3-0 away from home is an insane result. Good old Tariq! We were 2-0 up in the first leg until the 76th min and I thought Mirandes would do us at their place but I'm very happy to be wrong.

24d66b62afcb74a9ca68a6389b8fa44b.png

No draw is easy now, but I really didn't want to face Barca B. We've drawn 1 lost 1 against them this season and they just look too good for us.

96f2780ec3190f59709f55109e6f5578.png

In other news, our top prospect from our intake is now one very ambitious young man.

bd0f4c937ef9083f172fdc6fe238068f.png

Tariq scored 2 in a 2-0 first leg and we managed to get an away goal. Despite a 3-1 loss in Sevilla, we are promoted :D. If you'd have said this 10 games in, I'd have laughed it off. But, it just clicked again. Note to self: never change your philosophy, it's in your blood.

8c6e85f85c73fcb7df4e517d8f1d527e.png

T

IuuO6Bj.png

Overall, a great first season. Very different to what I thought it would turn out like. It may not have looked too bad from the outside, but I was in despair in the first half of the season, clambering at any tactic going. Stick to what you know! I haven't SS the table again as it's a couple of posts up and we went out in the 1st round of both the Copa del Rey and the Federation Cup so nothing to shout about there. Castellon are in their rightful place in the 2nd tier of Spanish football, where they have spent most of their history.

Facilities

5kKdXpN.png

One upgrade to our junior coaching.

Finances

kEN2Mso.png

Not good at all! We've got a fantastic fanbase and sold 9,700 season tickets, but at £100 a pop they're pretty cheap. We then get crowds of just under 10,000 so we make next to no money on gate receipts throughout the season. Our wages are high, but I don't want to lose players. Fingers crossed it will look better in the 2nd tier

Transfers

HoSPdWw.png

All of these happened before I arrived on 10th July. Miguel Ledo has been a blessing!

Players

lbhvWhp.png

6Gh7fSb.png

The golden oldies, with a dabble of youth, did the business!

33gUpcX.png

Tariq was Player of the Season with 64% of the votes and there's no wonder why. He scored 7 goals in the play-offs, taking his league goals tally to 28 (play-off games not shown in the profile here). He's still got it :brock:

w4vkSel.png

Ruben Suarez is another player who's still got it. I tried to play him in his preferred AMC for a long time and although he did well, the systems didn't work out. Instead, he's been playing up top as a complete forward. Not his best role, but its an important cog of our system and he's been doing well. He's 39, but there's no hints of retirement yet!

hTbh6ee.png

Marenya is our other creator type and he's done well playing in ML. He's HG at the club which is a bonus.

2J4aCnP.png

Zarzo has performed and developed nicely over the season :)

WrPQ5U2.png

Another player born and bred in Castellon, Aaron is our captain and has done well in DM.

6OYhBeX.png

Last but not least, Ledo has been key at centre back for us and with his pace now in double figures I expect him to lead our defensive line successfully. 

a55f57d2d9b7fb660bb0901c7828b525.png

Thank you very much, we need it! The board slashed my wage budget which I then transferred the £370k budget into to make up for it. Could have just told me not to spend any money :idiot:

2 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

An Emirati player on your team! That's an awesome name for me!

Finally, Messi finally bring gold to home before his retirement plans. Nice work for the Spanish side, too.

Yes, Tariq is a hero :D

Messi helped them there of course, but he missed the final through injury.

Just now, nextqprmanager said:

So R U back to your previous Austrian team tactics ?

Yes, the tactic that's played 1000s of games for me over different FM17 saves :)

2018/19 Mid-season Update

Results

1fr1y0l.png

A much better start than expected, in fact we went the first 8 games unbeaten and we were top of the table. We were performing well above our means and reality dragged us back down and we've had mixed results of late. Still very happy though.

Unrelated - the 'real team/league names' pack I've downloaded seems to have bugged out with the league name here. It sould be the 'LaLiga 1|2|3' but I think it's messed with the coding and you can't click on the league. A bit annnoying having to find my way round it. Oh well.

League Table

d7Ei1R5.png

We're in a fantastic position, though I reckon we'll end mid-table which I'd be happy with.

Players

Ql9uAXe.png

At the tender age of 39 Ruben Suarez has taken the league by storm. He's joint top goalscorer and top creator in the league with 12 goals and 12 assists in 19 games.

la1lbGi.png

ypkXfXO.png

Suarez has been superb off the field too, tutoring young Fran Quesada. He's now moved on to tutoring his strike partner Javier Aroca.

Facilities

KS4Qabr.png

5605b54a8f060c0d1cc538f5caa8d51b.png

Our junior coaching is now up to good :)

Staff

ZYD2uu9.png

Staff are incredibly important to get right for any save, but even more so for a youth one. Here's the two most important ones:

ezd7EFW.png

Very happy with Mateo as my right-hand man, great attributes for an assistant. He bring in experience of managing Osasuna's and Alaves' B teams as well as a 2 month stint as manager of the former.

7f532567c805c0315957a16392458c67.png

Definitely lucked out with this chap! He started out at the aptly named 'Prat' who had just been relegated to the 4th tier. He's an excellent HOYD.

53 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Thx, I might try it if I get stuck - is it downloadable?

thx

I'd be happy to upload it somewhere, will post it up later.

Youth Intake 2019

oajeD7b.png

C7rZeeG.png

A good intake with three players that are more or less first team ready. Worrying that there were no strikers generated at all!

shbcA0d.png

Marin looks set to become a key first team player and he's likely to get plenty of action straight away.

1K9UMqc.png

Pastor adds more pace to our back line which is always useful.

9WLnzvN.png

We were desperate for a left back and we've finally got one, decent too!

PHfSQ9B.png

A decent right back prospect, but we've got two better ones already so will be a backup at most in the future.

37 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Mind showing Suarez's history screen?

Of course, here's the man as it stands with 4 games left:

6242fb81a7def2c06c774ff8acc7d939.png

And here's his history:

c435f62add664998907e22966b863b89.png7f388a01b03e6e1f697eb49e8be7400b.png

He didn't play top flight football until he was into his 30s at Levante being part of their 6th place finish in 11/12. 

Edit: rooting out his missing 14/15 &15/16 - he played for Castellon in 14/15 and Torrevieja - I don't even think he's at Castellon IRL :p

Squeaky Bum Time x1,000,000

d0fcee87fe9695da0b9d9ccded083818.png

5d063acabe2ea04f98f5c84d94fef495.png

Now this is what you call tight and just look at our fixtures list. That final game is against our rivals Elche! Don't let the nerves get to you...

4 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Wow...that's a run-in that makes mine look like nothing.

I have every confident that you'll navigate it, mind you :cool:

c6f70b94a5824f99bd1ecfeef8503730.png

Well whatever happens it's likely to be full of goals :lol: - lets just see what happens.

10 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

With Suarez and Tariq together leading the line, I think you should just turn this into a golden oldies save rather than a youth career.

Unfortunately Tariq had a very quick, steep decline so he's been demoted to the role of supersub:

cf81f34aff99fc3fc8a43c16d863d1e0.png

5faa43da309bdcdc0bf66b5ba26a20ab.png

Another draw, which is a decent result on the face of it but another game where we were the better side and failed to capitalise on our chances. The highlight was Suarez scoring after 30 seconds :D. So where does this leave us?

5f4d25f6b9e791533b4fee754c6b6513.png

1dd3312a8dc519cf6a5c5b086d01c2fc.png

Wow! It all rests on the result of the Elche game. Win and we're in the play-offs, any other result and we could slide down the table. Did I mention that they are our rivals :cool:

16 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

The tension is up to 11! Good luck on this one mate!

(Although, I'm pretty sure Albacete could still overtake you if they win by more goals)

Cheers we need luck! I'm mid-game now and you got me worried with the Albacete thing - just checked 4-0 win 2-4 loss so we've got a better H2H :brock:

6f578b29683a93ff83946ab52eed8939.png

24fa94be41c2e359ed12ba3c7dc3b4d2.png

05d31a011f839933cb42400adc2e081b.png

I'm absolutely lost for words. We did it! Incredible scenes. Also, I'm shocked that in such a game there wasn't 1 yellow card!

394d90d0542662f95b3bb6ae3de21948.png

This is how the table finished, which means:

21b37539807dd769bf373a0d2cf9f387.png

I fancy our chances, they finished the season poorly!

Archived