Every Country? Are You Nuts?

smp20

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image result for cd castellon

82f64d5e030aa462679431b2c46c9b85.png

A fantastic season overall. We pushed for the title until a late collapse and won the Europa League against a superior Man Utd side. A disappointing loss in the cup, but in the grand scheme of things I don't mind that too much

Facilities

2391951276948948e76948cccdfda644.png

No changes of note here - our facilities upgrade is actually happening this summer to October. We're just one year away from our brand new stadium :D

Finances

1b3ec8df5aaaa65929732ff3337f3e9c.png

Very healthy. New contracts for players just around the corner, but we can afford it now.

Transfers

20a01d2c34a48ed021002f04ec53a407.png

Lots of youth released as well as the experienced Aaron and Zagala, both now in the Terceira. We've made use of our feeder club Girona who when we created the link had my old assistant Jose Manuel Mateo as manager.He got sacked, but I've kept the link because the new manager plays an attacking 4-4-2 with a high press. Close enough.

Overall Best 11

52e765234918dfd667bef85e9be60b87.png

A look at some new and old faces in our overall best 11.

Player Stats

9abaa12956970d8d16d32c17f2badb6b.png4ce0d37c34bd3463034c65dc0cd0f748.png

I've decided to include every player that's made a first team appearance this season in the stats. Stand out performers - Torregresa, Marin, Zarzo and Vera. We're much better defensively now, but Aroca didn't live up to the height of last season so our attack wasn't quite as prolific

Staff 

c6907a6caad75d8064157faae57ceebd.png

c9cc7723a98012ee7769318aad07f937.png

This is my coaching backroom and it's one Im very happy with. As you can see from the training ratings, they are top class, whilst you can see the high determination and great personalities - 9 model pros and even a model citizen :). On most saves you trawl the world for players. In a youth save, I take that approach to finding the right staff and I think it makes a huge difference.

2 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Nah Eldense won`t affect you - fantastic season beating Barca, amongst strong teams, I know its a shame dropping down, better to rise up.

Ive got Kuki - 3rd goal scorer & relegated !

Keep going

Eldense might not end up affecting us, but it will be very interesting to see how far they get. Yes I'm very happy to finish above Barca, breaking the big :)

Kuki is class, I can see him going to a much bigger club.

1 minute ago, nextqprmanager said:

Win the Champions League?

That's the plan ;) La Liga too! We're close, but all it takes is for one of the big 3 to be on fire and there's no chance of catching them.

a0bdbb6b8709c685fbf1defd32b3c2c7.png

Two of my players in the World Cup squad. I doubt Marin will get game time but Torregresa, who's got 1 cap in a friendly so far, might break into the side.

0b1a329353904cd1ed16acac4270ed87.png

Argentina retain the World Cup, beating the European Champions Italy in the final. They also knocked my home country Spain out in the 2nd round. Torregressa scored in a build up friendly and made a couple of appearances from the bench, while Marin didn't play any WC games but made his debut in a friendly.

Just now, nextqprmanager said:

How much is / was your total wage bill?

depressing that Torregresa` value hasn`t really gone up

Last season it was just under £1m a year, the equivalent of a lower table league 2 club :D. It's now up to £9.3m, second lowest in the league ahead of recently promoted Leganes.

20 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

:applause:

I'm running out of words to express how impressive these runs you keep making are! So...monkey potato pancake to you, sir!

Haha cheers :p

19 minutes ago, LUFCspeni said:

Just caught up with this, breathtaking stuff! If you don't mind me asking, would it be possible to have a look at your tactics? What you're doing is really interesting me in taking a save up of my own.

Thanks @LUFCspeni - glad you're enjoying it. I uploaded the tactic a couple of pages back somewhere, feel free to download and have a fiddle with it.

d68152e1b13ca7ed5d09597b0f6196cf.png

A terrible first league game. The same result against the same team we played in the last game of 21/22.

ee15109a473dfba00cbeeceff910d4c6.png

A tough draw but as a 4th seed side, it could have been worse.

2 hours ago, smp20 said:

Thanks @LUFCspeni - glad you're enjoying it. I uploaded the tactic a couple of pages back somewhere, feel free to download and have a fiddle with it.

Ah yeah, just seen it! It's very similar to what another user on here was using for his Getafe save (I forget who). I emulated it a little but with a DLF instead of a CF and it was very effective! 

1 hour ago, LUFCspeni said:

Ah yeah, just seen it! It's very similar to what another user on here was using for his Getafe save (I forget who). I emulated it a little but with a DLF instead of a CF and it was very effective! 

That was me :lol:

4 minutes ago, smp20 said:

That was me :lol:

That explains it :lol: 

Definitely a very strong formation though, especially if your players have the mental attributes needed. Something very satisfying about a team overachieving via mental toughness, à la Leicester.

12 hours ago, LUFCspeni said:

That explains it :lol: 

Definitely a very strong formation though, especially if your players have the mental attributes needed. Something very satisfying about a team overachieving via mental toughness, à la Leicester.

Yes, it's been my 'Holy Grail' for several iterations of FM now, except a while where I dabbled with strikerless :p.

8 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

Fantastic read! Really impressive performances here, and I look forward to seeing you continue to exceed expectations!

Thanks for reading @hasdgfas, glad you're enjoying it :thup:

2022/23 Mid-season Update

La Liga Results

g7Aax37.png

Well, at the half way point it hasn't really gone to plan! Our form has been incredibly patchy and it's notably our away form that is letting us down. At home we're 6-3-1 but away we are 2-2-5 including losses against Espanyol, Las Palmas, Levante and Sporting. We've done well against El Classico at home though, a draw with Barca and a 4-2 win against Real.

La Liga Table

n0lnTIH.png

It's looking incredibly unlikely that we will push for the title this season, or finish ahead of any of the big 3. Barcelona are in top form this season! With a good run of form, I think we can clinch that 4th place CL spot. Deportivo are such a strange team 4th place, relegation, 7th place, bottom of the table.

Copa del Rey

swqgcow.png

We've done well in the Copa del Rey and we've got a winnable tie against Deportivo. Though, I've exclusively played my 2nd string so anything could happen. Celta should be suitably embarrassed :lol:

Champions League

5Eylz1W.png

A4GgYuM.png

Our debut in the Champions League started off pretty badly with back-to-back defeats against Benfica and Inter. Form picked up, and we won both our remaining home games and got points away. We've scraped through into the knockouts and very luckily so with just 8 points.

H0VnC83.png

2NkbZms.png

A very tough draw against Juventus, although as a 2nd place side I was expecting a rough deal. No surprising teams through, we're in with the big boys now.

Player Stats

c763a4895005a0ca6719c75101127513.png  

The usual suspects are performing well, though Muniz is really coming in to his own with 21 goals and leading the average ratings. We've had a few niggling injury problems so far which I feel has affected our form, including star man Torregressa missing 6 La Liga / CL games and key right back Jimenez missing around 10 games in total.

Image result for uefa super cup

32c01bf3202194569ba4047a78ebfe7e.png

I completely forgot to post anything about the Super Cup. The main reason for posting is to point out the insanity of Man City's team. You'll recognise their first 11 barring Kyprianou who is an incredible regen CB from their academy with 18 pace and acceleration...We kept it close and even missed a penalty but we had no right to. City gave us the run around and we ended up kicking lumps out of them, hence the 6 yellow cards. 

Hope you win the Cup!

The League is hard, esp. as you show - its the usual suspect rich teams spending money every season - you`re doing well keeping up!.

BTW - I`ve downloaded your tactic - surprising 70% familiarity straight away? - only used in an arranged friendly - was good [ I`ll need to find some wingers ! ]

I am using a 523 atm

QQ - do you have attacking on for all games?, fo you change at all home / away ?, & do you use shouts etc.?

thx in adv

5 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Hope you win the Cup!

The League is hard, esp. as you show - its the usual suspect rich teams spending money every season - you`re doing well keeping up!.

BTW - I`ve downloaded your tactic - surprising 70% familiarity straight away? - only used in an arranged friendly - was good [ I`ll need to find some wingers ! ]

I am using a 523 atm

QQ - do you have attacking on for all games?, fo you change at all home / away ?, & do you use shouts etc.?

thx in adv

The cup would be nice, but it's not a focus. I will continue to use my 2nd 11 in it.

It might be 70% familiarity, which is good, but I imagine when you look at the familiarity in full the 'formation' part will be really low and maybe a couple of others too. If you're used to an attacking mentality / very fluid philosophy then you've got that covered already. 5-2-3? With 3 STs? Very interesting.

I use 'Defensive Positioning' match preparation for every game. I rarely change anything at all in game. Sometimes I change to counter mentality in the last 20 mins or so if we look like we are being battered over the top. Good luck :thup:

d3c1edac3f1ed4371d52ec3c6a93a1ea.png

This is horrendous news. Both our strikers are out and Torregressa is out for a couple of months. Come on lads, look after your groins!

Edit: My left back, who has never scored a goal in his career, is a competent striker so he's starting up top against Atletico :lol:

That`s tough - injuries esp with a fixed squad

thx for advice [ yeh I`m using itsZdan`s Devil tactic ] difficult in Prem - has worked better away, but yes 3 ST`s - should be Complete Forwards - I have 2.

I will probably bring in your tactic at Christmas if struggling [ I`m 15th atm ] which I would settle for ; but I am attracted to your tactic because it would probably suit most teams - familiarity will go up if I change the individual training.

Thx again & good luck 

2 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

That`s tough - injuries esp with a fixed squad

thx for advice [ yeh I`m using itsZdan`s Devil tactic ] difficult in Prem - has worked better away, but yes 3 ST`s - should be Complete Forwards - I have 2.

I will probably bring in your tactic at Christmas if struggling [ I`m 15th atm ] which I would settle for ; but I am attracted to your tactic because it would probably suit most teams - familiarity will go up if I change the individual training.

Thx again & good luck 

Yes it's gutting. It's January, so in usual circumstances I'd just splash out on a striker to see us through! Deadline days are dreadline days in youth challenges, you hope that no-one tries to pinch your best players and no news is good news.

If I were to say two things about the tactic - make sure you have hard working, determined players and also a quick backline. We all know what happens when you don't (check the goals conceded in previous seasons here :lol:)

8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Damn! I mean, great that you didn't lose, but I wanted to see a surreal legend in the making.

He's just scored a brace in the following game, will that do? :p

Castellon vs Juventus, CL KO Round, 1st Leg

0275235c3b429b2f52625dc008411e46.png

af882bb2fa9890ebd951a7cad285945f.gif

Wow I was not expecting that :eek:. The game was destined for a 0-0 draw but Bernat came off the bench and scored a volley and as you can see Ismael 'Beckham' Garcia scored a free kick in the 89th minute. Delighted :D

1 minute ago, nextqprmanager said:

Great result - that`s what the Manager does - make the right subs

btw what is Garcia`s FK stat?

This is Ismael Garcia, the wondergoal king:

795f0796c0930604878b4391fa20fb9e.png

4fe73e7e4fa0cd4d7c1b794df6a638a0.png

Absolute f'ing bollocks. I don't think I've ever been so annoyed at a result ever. 6-1 at half time, what a joke of a performance.

EDIT: This is why:

76a7075a149e9971fde9a8f84ac8a5a1.png

They played 3 strikers, all of whom stayed high up the pitch and a creative middle three launched direct balls down the channel to them. A masterstroke from them, they usually play like this. Hats off to you Massimiliano Allegri, you broke my system :applause:

Here's an interesting one:

2a5bb1c8e2d06837ee345ddd24247c21.png

Ronaldo returns to Madeira to play for his boyhood club Maritimo :eek:. He's still class and going strong for Portugal. Just shy of 200 caps and 101 goals!

Youth Intake 2023

r5SfquD.png?1

N7AbBTZ.png

It's time to get very, very excited again :D. Mario Carrillo is touted as one of the best of his generation and on top of him we've got 3 more 5* potential players and 2 4* potentials.

8xR7vsy.png

Dear me. He looks insanely good already, straight into the first team, probably off the bench to start with. He's lightning and has good mentals to go with it.

UzdHqpL.png

Fuster is a Target Man who will add depth to our striker options. Fantastic potential and he will bully the U19 league for now.

xby7EPy.png

Wowzers, Pena is another great keeper we've brought through and he's probably the best one yet.

BsDhoE3.png

Ortiz is a bit of an all rounder. He'll be re-trained as a DM to fit our system.

wVAA9FS.png

It's a shame we don't use attacking mids as we've had a few decent ones through. Generelo will be re-trained as a right winger.

Vn46pVW.png

Salvador Pastor number 2 (we have a CB with the name already :p) looks like a fabulous box-to-box type midfielder in the making. He will be re-trained as a DM.

wvLqJ5Q.png

Prendes is another centre mid who will be re-trained as a DM.

What an intake!

La Liga Results

78bDYfm.png

We're in great form at the moment with 7 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss, with the loss being against Barca away.

La Liga Table

1e16e69d851daf465829520e1c9100d1.png

We're gaining rapidly on Valencia who are in the final CL spot and we need to make it ours. Barca haven't even lost a game yet and look to have one hand on the league trophy already. Rivals Villarreal have slipped into the relegation zone again.

Copa del Rey

bgw8emV.png

Incredibly, our second string side has navigated us to the final.

iURR88B.png

However, It goes without saying that we will be fielding a full-strength side for the final. It should be an exciting one!

Champions League

NWNmb8D.png

8ab22d3cf691146dfc7a1484c347ddc1.png

A reminder of our failings in the Champions League. A quarter-final tie against Real would have been next, but Juve outsmarted us.

d3e00100db9d6591d725d14d7689cbd8.png

So unlucky for our U19s. I attended the match and it was an incredible game of end to end attacking football. Bayern have won in 4 years in out of 5 and the season they didn't win it they were runners up.

@smp20 - Just wanted to congratulate you on your unbelievable progress.. it's been a pleasure to read and you've convinced me to start the challenge as well. 

Regrettably your speed of completion and success is putting me to shame, may need to take a look at your tactics as since FM removed the arrow system I've not taken much of an interest beyond altering my formation.

KUTGW!

Image result for copa del rey

Barcelona vs Castellon, Nuevo Mestalla

eViOCe4.pngNP6tlB8.png

7N1Suu1.png

YsrmFIP.png

10c5b133fa9ce2328be7f51a440e04ce.gif

What a game! It was an end to end battle where we went two goals up, only for Barca to come back to 2-2. Our right back Damian Jimenez was sent off and with the game looking like going to extra time, the extra man for Barcelona would have made them favourites. But no, in the 90th minute up steps substitute  Natalio Martinez who guides the ball into the back of the net from a blasting clearance a yard from his face. His 17 Bravery came in handy there :D. 3-2!!!

PlnkZ8U.png

I've become an icon, but most interestingly:

876ff71b1e341658b2a0eb3ac7e72bfa.png 

2202bb5b2974e57efee529044e46bc2e.png

A new rivalry is born. 

Archived