The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

Larry de Poopinho

He is Brazilian by birth and his mum was still a virgin when he was born (Hence the nickname ' Jeebus'). He moved to Italy with his mum when he was 7 and made friends with some local chef's. His favourite food is Pizza and Pasta. He was bored one day and saw a copy of a crappy little computer game on the floor (FM, in case you haven't guessed). He went to an internet cafe and played it. It was crap so he went to the editor and give himself all the best players. He won Serie A with Ascoli 37 seasons on the run. Later that night he went to play football in the local park. (Leaving the game on 'holiday mode') He had a shot like lightening.

Oh, and he smelt like poo.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Demir

Born in the plains of central Asia around the time of the fall of the USSR (for which he denies any responsibility). For now he's happy to stay at Ural until something better comes along. Ultimately, he wants to make Kazahkstan known for something other than Borat (but won't shy back from playing on that connection to get recognition in the meantime icon_biggrin.gif)

I see Ural missed out on promotion by 1 point icon_frown.gif And Kazahkstan missed out on Euro 2008 by several more! Still waiting for that first international goal though......

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

One goal for my club so far. \o/ Might be a while till I can get into the Germany squad though.

Actually, I was wondering if a player created in the editor can play for Germany. I know the current team don't play due to licensing issues, only regens can come in later. Are German players added through the editor classed as regens or not? For aaberdeenn's sake, I hope they are...

Originally posted by DodgeeD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

One goal for my club so far. \o/ Might be a while till I can get into the Germany squad though.

Actually, I was wondering if a player created in the editor can play for Germany. I know the current team don't play due to licensing issues, only regens can come in later. Are German players added through the editor classed as regens or not? For aaberdeenn's sake, I hope they are... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This problem has been solved, but we are not allowed to talk about it on this forum... so I won't! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Actually, I was wondering if a player created in the editor can play for Germany. I know the current team don't play due to licensing issues, only regens can come in later. Are German players added through the editor classed as regens or not? For aaberdeenn's sake, I hope they are... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This problem has been solved, but we are not allowed to talk about it on this forum... so I won't! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hadn't thought of that at all but I guess that's good news. \o/ icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

This problem has been solved, but we are not allowed to talk about it on this forum... so I won't! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk about what icon_wink.gif

January 2008 - Transfer Window Update

There has been a fair bit of activity during the transfer window and we now have a club with 2 superkids! Can they hook up and take their team to glory?!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Transfers

Ryan Andrews - Has moved to Hammarby for £0.3m.

Ben Arsenal - Has moved to Hammarby for £0.25m

Sebastian Skywalker - Moved to AEK Athens from Ionikos for £0.2m.

Ulf Chaoc - Moved to German 2nd Division side Hoffenheim from Nosta for £0.17m.

Jim Alex - Has moved up a step in the Romanian leagues, moving to Romanian top

division side Gloria Buzau from Jiul for £0.21m

Joo - Has stepped up to the Russian Premier League by joining Lokomotiv Moscow

for £0.24m from Shinnik.

Arthur White - Another to move to Germany, this time joining Hannover from Sibir for £0.575m

Suk-Yo Bum - Has moved to Spanish First Div side Getafe for £0.19m.

Adam Moxon - Signed for Anderlecht from Swedish side Oster for £0.675m.

Alexei Lloyd-Hooker - Moved to Zaragoza from Cadiz for £0.24m.

Steven Kemp - Moved to Sampdoria from Greek side Kastoria for £0.24m.

Jaradafred Zadabheer - Signed for Middlesborough for £35k.

In Der Van Dude - Is now co-owned by Napoli with Bari.

Pablo Gonzalez - Is now co-owned by Udinese with Pisa.

Injuries

Benjas Kyriagkos - Out for 2-3 months with a broken ankle.

David Pitt - Out for 1-2 months with fractured ribs.

Chu Haowan - Out for a few days with a damaged wrist.

Wanted

Robert Dillon is wanted by Schalke.

Pablo Gonzalez is wanted by Napoli.

Chu Haowan is wanted by Partizan Belgrade.

</pre>

However the news of the window was Bosnia U21 star Tyler Burrows moving to Bayer Leverkusen, after bids also from Juventus and AS Monaco, for an initial fee of £0.8m. The fee could rise to £1.6m.

In Other News

Was just looking at the height and weight characteristics to see if the people at any of the extremes have changed...

Ben Arsenal, the lightest player back in July at 9st 4lbs, has lost 3lbs in the last few months and now weighs in at just 9st 1lb!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Does this make a difference in the game at all? I'm sure SI have already made the claim that height means nothing as such but is proportional to the jumping stat.

Any such thing with weight people know of?

Ulf Chaoc - Moved to German 2nd Division side Hoffenheim from Nosta for £0.17m.

Hoffenheim, hmmm. Not exactly a dream move, but heck, there are advantages. I should have picked up some basic Russian by now, and in six months I'll know some basic German.

That means I can curse at a few more of you lads in your own language when you play against Georgia. icon_smile.gif

Pablo Gonzalez

Born in Mexico city into a very poor community on the outscirts, his family struggled for money. So bad was their situation when Pablo was coming up to 6 his dad made a deal with some gangsters to give them financial support, but after he struggled to pay them back he was gunned down whilst taking a routine walk to work. After the loss of Seniór Gonzalez the struggle became worse and Pablo became a troubled an angry boy and was repeatedly excluded from different schools for acts of a violent nature. No longer in education and with no dad Pablo did what so many children in poor communities did, turned to football. He quickly progressed into a very good prospect as a 13 year old but his violent outbursts on the pitch hindered his progress and stopped any scouts from the big mexican clubs picking him up.

Life wasn't great for the youngster until one day, the down right ridiculous happened. After getting the wrong bus he ended up in rich part of town and whilts trying to find a bus home he was stabbed in the right arm by a mugger. Lying in the street in a pool of his own blood he was discovered upon by one of the local residents.

The eccentric football loving business man felt Pablo's pain and saw his talent and decided it was time he was given a break. Paying for him and his mother to set up a new life in tax haven Switzerland. Life was finally looking up and as a 16 Pablo easily got into the local football team and his new life had calmed down his attitude on and of the pitch. After his turn around he was quickly discovered by a number of scouts and was eventually Snapped up by Italian serie b team Pisa. Pisa manager Ventura realised the talent straight away and wasted no time in telling Gonzalez how great he could be. Taking this on board young Pablo decided that when the chance arises he would represent Switzerland rather than his home country of mexico which bares so many bad memory's for him.

Damon Lowe

Born in a small country named Bermuda, Damon played football all day. Except when he was getting straight A's in school. He didn't have many friends due to his perceived 'geekiness' and it showed on the football pitch. He would play on his own team, and tackle the ball, no matter who had it.

He went on to play for his school team, and once scored 72 goals for the U15 team in the season while he was still 11!

He moved to Iceland when he 13 with his parents after the really bad governmant got re-elected. He was accepted into college at the tender age of 14, which 17 GCSE's to his name. He now has a Doctorates degree in 7 different fields.

During this time, he discovered the cure for cancer, HIV/AIDS, both types of diabetes, and the common cold. He also wrote a 17 book series, every book went on to become a New York Times Best Seller. he also recorded 2 Hip-Hop Albums and was featured by T.I., Akon, Green Day, Fergie, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. He also won the lottery...three times. Oh yeah, and he bought Google and Microsoft.

After graduating at 15, he started playing football for his local Sunday league team, and was a revelation for them, scoring 113 goals all season and winning them the league, he was spotted by Serie B team Ravenna, who quickly snapped him up.

He has set his sights on three targets in his footballing career:

<LI>Become Iceland's Top Scorer

<LI>Get Ravenna out of Serie B and

<LI>Play for Liverpool FC

Will he achieve his dreams? Will he continue his prolific scoring? Can he get any richer?

Find out by following the rest of the 'EUROVision Striking Contest'! icon14.gif

Originally posted by lfcfannic:

Damon Lowe

Born in a small country named Bermuda, Damon played football all day. Except when he was getting straight A's in school. He didn't have many friends due to his perceived 'geekiness' and it showed on the football pitch. He would play on his own team, and tackle the ball, no matter who had it.

He went on to play for his school team, and once scored 72 goals for the U15 team in the season while he was still 11!

He moved to Iceland when he 13 with his parents after the really bad governmant got re-elected. He was accepted into college at the tender age of 14, which 17 GCSE's to his name. He now has a Doctorates degree in 7 different fields.

During this time, he discovered the cure for cancer, HIV/AIDS, both types of diabetes, and the common cold. He also wrote a 17 book series, every book went on to become a New York Times Best Seller. he also recorded 2 Hip-Hop Albums and was featured by T.I., Akon, Green Day, Fergie, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. He also won the lottery...three times. Oh yeah, and he bought Google and Microsoft.

After graduating at 15, he started playing football for his local Sunday league team, and was a revelation for them, scoring 113 goals all season and winning them the league, he was spotted by Serie B team Ravenna, who quickly snapped him up.

He has set his sights on three targets in his footballing career:

<LI>Become Iceland's Top Scorer

<LI>Get Ravenna out of Serie B and

<LI>Play for Liverpool FC

Will he achieve his dreams? Will he continue his prolific scoring? Can he get any richer?

Find out by following the rest of the 'EUROVision Striking Contest'! icon14.gif

Thats almost as ridiculous as lithuania's 2006 eurovision entry..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puka5XaVIyI&feature=related

Suk-Yo Bum

The Bulgarian Enigma: Fame, life, and fortune.

It was a relatively unknown secret. Why was baby Vladimir stolen from his crib in Sofia? Why was he returned exactly 10 years later? We may have never known these answers without the testimony of Dong Wang Ho, former member of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea). Mr. Ho has gladly provided us with the inside story of what REALLY happened that rainy day in Sofia.

Kim Jong-il was angry at his country's fallen footballing glory. Long removed from their novelty in the 1966 World Cup, North Korea was very much hidden in the shwdows of the success of their Southern counterparts. Then Kim had a plan. North Koreans aren't the best at playing football, perhaps as a result of their outrageous povery, malnurishment, and fear. Nonetheless, Kim plotted to create his own North Korean Superhero, one who could lead North Korea to glory.

The target was random, North Korean angents were sent across the world looking for the finest footballing genes- after all, excessive steroids cannot do everything. Agent Phal-Ic Sim-Bol (put it together now) found a match in Sofia. The son of a Gypsy prostitute and Hristo Stoichkov would certainly make a fine match. Thus, baby Vladimir was "selected".

After a relatively painless extraction, Baby Vladimir began his daily routine of watching football youtube videos (North Koreans are more advanced that you'd think), eating steroids, and question his existence. He came to the conclusion, that because he could think, he did in fact exist. Kim Jong-Il disagreed and added tranquilizers to his dosage. Unfortunately (fortunately?), young Vladimir did not meet expectations. He was lazy, never worked on fitness, and as a result, and has a stamina that, if it was somehow ranked on a scale of 1-20, would be 1.

Luckily, Vladimir also grew to 6"11 and procured exceptional speed thanks to the steroids. Deemed a failure, Vladimir was exiled from North Korea and returned to Bulgaria. Determined to prove to the world that he could become a footballer, Vladimir sought one "goal": to seek vengeance on North Korea by helping Bulgaria qualify for the world cup. By the way, Vladimir also decided to use his Korean name of Suk-Yo Bum while playing- to show the Koreans what they were missing out on.

One thing held him back. He could never play more than a few minutes because of his stamina.

Can you help recognize Suk-Yo Bum's dream by increasing his stamina to more than 1?

Oh by the way, Suk-Yo Bum also won American Idol, wrote episodes for the TV show "Lost", is 50 Cent and Tupac (he's alive I say!), won the Superboal for the NY Giants, loves Fruit Loops but not Frosted Flakes, and his favorite book is "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. There's something about his last name that perked his interest...

(I'm so sorry)

In Other News

Was just looking at the height and weight characteristics to see if the people at any of the extremes have changed...

Ben Arsenal, the lightest player back in July at 9st 4lbs, has lost 3lbs in the last few months and now weighs in at just 9st 1lb!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Good lord. I don't need to lose anymore weight!

Move to Hammarby. icon14.gif

Ben Arsenal

Born to rich parents who preferred traveling the world to taking care of their children, the origins of Ben's conception was unknown. Various stories put it as between China and England, but more than likely he was conceived as a result of a few drinks and some randiness on a trans-continental flight.

Was lost on a trip to Norway as his parents were too drunk to know what's going on, and decided 'Bah, we'll just have another one'. Poor Ben wondered the streets of Oslo before ending up being picked up and sent to an orphanage up north in the very bitter cold of Tromso, which was populated with young, pretty Norwegian girls and not much else.

Picked his surname when flipping through a Premier League Season 98/99 sticker book and liked the first name he saw. For some reason was sent to Sundsvall in Sweden, where the women were not as friendly as those he were used to in Tromso.

icon_biggrin.gif

Gah, my info is crap compared to everyone else. I'll make it longer, and write it like i've seen before somewhere icon_wink.gif

Alexei Lloyd-Hooker

The bizarre love child of an affair of Sylvester Stallone and Courtney Love, Alexei was brought up by a pack of traveling clowns and eventually got ditched in an Andorran field at the age of 6. Luckily, he never turned out like his parents. (Influence 6)

During his time in the fields, he learn to chase the goats and tourists to keep himself busy, and often caught them for pets. (Pace/Acceleration 18). Also, using his clown skills, he learn to ride the goats while on his head. (Balance 18)

At the age of 10, he decided to find the nearest town, just down the road 100yrds away. It's the furthest he's ever walked. (Stamina 6)

Unfortunatly, his time in the fields made him not great with human contact. He was often nasty (Aggression 16), was deadly with his attacks (Free Kicks 20) and once tried to kill someone, but missed (Finishing 14).

He was picked up by Cadiz at the age of 12. Unfortunatly, he could of gone to Arsenal instead, but he made a crap choice. (Decisions 5).

Well, thats it. Just moved to Real Zaragoza, and has scored for Andorra, making the history books icon_smile.gif

Go bristol city

Sadly no european cup for us scots...

Next the world cup!!!

Jason Healy

Jason healy from the famous tree of healy footballers

was on the bench in his neighbourhood league until one day he went for a holiday and saw a notice that bristol city is looking for some youths so he applied and he had to score a Goal from anywhere before being able to be a striker and he did it somehow by flicking the ball and volleying past the keeper at 40 yards.The manager thus signed him ,and hoped he will be in the team which will play in premier league next season.

January 2008 - Transfer Window Update

However the news of the window was Bosnia U21 star Tyler Burrows moving to Bayer Leverkusen, after bids also from Juventus and AS Monaco, for an initial fee of £0.8m. The fee could rise to £1.6m.

Haha yeah, bloody awsome,

Tyler Burrows

Started playing football at the age of 13 after watching a school documentry on former Everton superstar Dixie Dean. He has tried to emmulate his hero ever since and dreams to one day lead his Bosnian side to the World Cup.

Arthur Li

Despite having an Asian surname, Arthur Li is actually a die-hard nationalist of Montenegro. It just happened that his family is a bunch of illiterate mountain people that only knew the letters 'l' and 'i', X numbers of generations ago. Arthur's footballing talents were not discovered until 1 month ago, when he single-handedly tackled and ran past the whole of his local club-Radnicki's team and scored. Great things are expected from him.

Also, in Chinese the translation for Montenegro is "Black Mountain". Did this come from Monte (Mountain/Mount) and Negro (Black) ?

Getting sent off on my international début isn't the best way to get yourself known either, but at least my name is out there...

Following Alexei's lead, I'm going to expand on mine as well. I thought we only needed a fact, not an entire backstory.

Ryan Andrews

Ryan was actually born in Canada, the son of a fur trader and a beaver snatcher, but tragedy struck. During a flight to Russia, for the Worldwide Beaver Snatcher summit, decompression in the aircraft blew the door off, and Ryan, the only one not wearing a seatbelt, was sucked out the door. He plummeted 30000 before landing safely in a massive pile of hay on a farm on the island of Streymoy. The farm couple found him with only the clothes on his back and the name tag for the convention, thus allowing him to keep his original name.

Seeing as football is the most popular sport on the Isles, his new parents enrolled him in one of their many football academies, and thanks to his strong Canadian genes, he was head and shoulders (literally, he was a tall kid.) above his classmates. At home he would practice even more by kicking soccer balls into an old fishing net his dad set up, past a cow that acted as goalie. When he graduated from the academy, he was picked up by Landskrona, easily the highest club anyone from the Faroes has started for. The island group has high hopes for their adopted son, and with his move up to Hammarby, the future looks promising for the 'fierce kick from Klaksvik'.

Originally posted by BenArsenal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arthur Li:

Also, in Chinese the translation for Montenegro is "Black Mountain". Did this come from Monte (Mountain/Mount) and Negro (Black) ?

Really? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From wikipedia:

The country's name in most Western European languages, including English, reflects an adoption of the Venetian term monte negro, also meaning "black mountain", which probably dates back to the era of Venetian hegemony over the area in the Middle Ages.

Originally posted by Arthur Li:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenArsenal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arthur Li:

Really? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From wikipedia:

The country's name in most Western European languages, including English, reflects an adoption of the Venetian term monte negro, also meaning "black mountain", which probably dates back to the era of Venetian hegemony over the area in the Middle Ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah.

icon_biggrin.gif

A move to Anderlecht the belgian leagues dont deserve a player of my quality.

Adam Moxon

Born to a Finnish Mother and a Danish Father jelous of his footballing talents knowing one day he would go on to play on the big stage for Sweden tried to put him onto the streets, though this only drove his desire to become the best of the best one thing Will desire be enough?

Juan king

His mother moved from Spain to England and met and married and English farmer Joe King. Sadly Joe died weeks before Juans birth leaving his mother to name him,which she did badly. Unfortunately neither Juan or his mother knew the consequences of this. Juans mother then died in a freak accident involving a hippo, a carrot and some paper clips (you don't want to know the details). Juan was then moved to a orphanage where the other kids made fun of his ridiculous name. One day Juan flipped and tried to go on a murderous rampage. Luckily for the other orphans (due to decisions of 3) his weapon of choice was a rusty butter knife. Juan was then due to be deported back to Spain but in the airport he escaped and hid in a large suitcase headed to Istanbul. Juan lived on the streets of Istanbul for 8 years earning money with his increadable tricks with a football (hence flair 20). One day a Greek business man on the way to a meeting spotted Juan doing some tricks and rang his goos friend the scout at Ethnikos. Juan went for a trial and was picked up by the club. He chose to play for Turkey as it's where he had his best memories and spent most of his time.

Right, next update coming soon. icon14.gif

Just to let everyone know that due to EURO 2008, there are effectively only 2 more rounds of int games (both friendlies) in which the top ranked players can score points - once in Feb and once in March.

Loving the back stories still, keep them up. Will do one for Brucie Bonus at some point. icon_smile.gif

February 2008 - News Update

Wages

Top Wage Earners

The ones in the middle

Poorest Earners

Under 21 Caps

Quite a few of you have not made your full senior debut yet, but have made appearances for the U21 squad. Here is an overview of the stats:

Under 21 Caps

3 people have U21 caps who are not on the list. They are:

Tyler Burrow - 1 cap, 2 goals

Pendros - 1 cap, 1 goal

Brendan Petersen - 1 cap

EURO 2008

EURO 2008 Group Draw

At the moment it looks like only Mini Saville of Austria is likely to make the tournament, can any of the other wonderkids make a late surge and be included in their national team squads.

World Cup 2010 Qualifying Draw

The draw has been made and now you can see who your nations have to play to qualify for the World Cup in South Africa. Hopefully more and more of you will get involved during the campaign:

Groups 1-3

Group 4-6[/img]

Groups 7-9

Updated Eurovision Striking Contest 2007/2008 table for February coming soon. icon14.gif

Archived