The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

February 2008 - International Round Up

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

2007/2008 Eurovision Striking Contest Points Table

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Robert Boyle Estonia 8 2 0 0 0 60 5 65

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Diego Polo San Marino 6 2 1 0 0 55 0 55

3 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra 7 1 1 0 0 50 3 53

4 Triple H Armenia 7 1 0 0 0 45 6 51

4 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 7 1 1 -1 0 47 4 51

6 Arthur White Azerbaijan 5 2 1 -1 0 47 3 50

7 Brendan Pietersen Liechtenstein 5 1 1 0 0 40 6 46

8 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus 6 1 0 -1 0 37 7 44

8 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland 3 2 1 0 0 40 4 44

10 Steven Kemp Malta 6 1 0 0 0 40 2 42

11 Felix Lithuania 2 1 0 0 0 20 3 23

12 Sneaky Ninja Moldova 3 0 0 0 0 15 4 19

13 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 3 0 0 0 0 15 1 16

14 Mini Saville Austria 3 0 0 0 0 15 3 18

15 Damon Lowe Iceland 1 1 0 0 0 15 0 15

16 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 2 0 0 0 0 10 0 10

17 Tom Healy Wales 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

17 In Der Van Dude Slovenia 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

19 dafuge Macedonia 1 0 0 0 0 5 1 6

Reminder of the Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus 25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments.

</pre>

Damon Lowe makes a good start to his Int career with a debut goal.

Robert Boyle makes a strong surge towards the end of the season. With only Mini Saville at of those in the table probably playing more than 1 game before the end of June, Estonia have took a big step forward to winning the crown of the Eurovision Striking Contest 2007/2008!

Other News

De Poopinho out for 2 months with a fractured hip.

Jason Demir out for upto 4 weeks with a twisted knee.

Chu Haowan has moved to Partizan for a fee of £475k.

Damien Lowe has moved from Hacken to Malmo FF for £1.1m, the largest initial fee for a transfer yet!

There are currently 16 wonderkids who have not played for the senior of U21 team - including Brucie Bonus icon_frown.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I may have been the most scoring striker in the sign-up, yet only called 4 times for U21 squad, scoring 3. Kapono needs to get his scoring boots on to get a full cap, I guess. It'd be really nice if me and Bentner would the striking force of Denmark in WC Qualifiers.

Julius Kapono

Born from a Danish football fan mother, Kapono grew up with the successes of Jon Dahl Tomasson. Yet his greatest idol was Alessandro Del Piero, known for his consistent form at Juventus. A Turkish boy and his family was his close friends in his small area and that is where comes his liking of Fenerbahce. When his mother decided to move to Sweden, she took Kapono with her instead of letting him to finish his education in Denmark. His habit of playing football never diminished, even in Gothenburg. A local, free-working scout sees his physical and technical advantage in his age group and recommends him to Örgryte IS, who is expected to mount a serious title challenge in Superettan. After 4 weeks of trial, he impressed the backroom staff of Örgryte IS and was signed immediately. For his chance, the manager of Örgryte was capable of seeing the talent in Kapono which leads to him playing directly, scoring well over 20 goals in his first season. His aim for now is to win some silverware, but the ultimate aim is to make the Denmark National Team squad and break the all time scoring record of 52. Yet he is compared to Nicklas Bendtner of Arsenal who has shown his potential in EPL, not some unknown Swedish second league. Hmm, we haven't talked about his mysterious father did we? In fact, no information was valid at that time but it is speculated that Julius is the son of famous NBA player Jason Kapono, famous for his 3-pointers, while the NBA's tour of European cities. This at least explains his familiarity with sports. It is just speculation but who knows?

March 2008 - International Round Up

The final round of matches for most international teams (especially the ones involved in this table) before the end of the season. Has Robert Boyle done enough to feel secure that no-one will catch him over the rest of the season or has someone come through with a late burst?

N Ireland 3 - Donaldson 1

Georgia 0 (Ulf Chaoc unused sub)

2007/2008 Eurovision Striking Contest Points Table

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

1 Robert Boyle Estonia 9 2 0 0 0 65 8 73

2 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland 4 3 1 0 0 55 7 62

3 Diego Polo San Marino 7 2 1 0 0 60 0 60

4 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra 8 1 1 0 0 55 3 58

5 Triple H Armenia 8 1 0 0 0 50 6 56

5 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 8 1 1 -1 0 52 4 56

7 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein 6 1 1 0 0 45 6 51

8 Arthur White Azerbaijan 5 2 1 -1 0 47 3 50

9 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus 6 1 0 -1 0 37 7 44

10 Steven Kemp Malta 6 1 0 0 0 40 2 42

11 Felix Lithuania 3 1 0 0 0 25 3 28

12 Sneaky Ninja Moldova 4 0 0 0 0 20 7 27

13 Mini Saville Austria 4 0 0 0 0 20 3 23

14 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 3 0 0 0 0 15 1 16

15 Damon Lowe Iceland 1 1 0 0 0 15 0 15

15 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 3 0 0 0 0 15 0 15

17 Tom Healy Wales 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

17 In Der Van Dude Slovenia 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

19 dafuge Macedonia 1 0 0 0 0 5 1 6

Reminder of the Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus 25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments.

</pre>

So it looks like Robert Boyle and Estonia are champions in waiting, with there being a lack of friendlies from now until August. Hats off to Robert Boyle and Estonia, although they will have to wait until after the EURO Championships to be confirmed winners.

A big well done to Magnus Donaldson as well, who if he had played more games for N Ireland would surely have won the trophy himself!!!

Injured icon_frown.gif At least it's only four weeks.

World Cup Qualifying group looks alright. Spain should be clear winners and Switzerland or Norway will probably battle for 2nd. Malta and Iceland should present good goalscoring oppurtunities though icon_biggrin.gif

dafuge

Just been through the initial sign up thread, here are the usernames of the remaining people who haven't responded to your request. Thought it would be good to have a complete table on the first page as we are almost there anyway (plus it helps me know who some people are talking about). icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Magnus Donaldson - MagnusD

Sebastian Skywalker - Liam =D

Alex Drew - wisla

Parker Reynolds - Parker

Bon Van Bob - Ruh Roh

Robert Dillon - Evil Dave

Steven Kemp - Spurs + Eastbourne 4eva

Brendan Petersen - BP Doosra

Niall O'Donnell - Everton_3_0_Liverpool

</pre>

Only 9 non-responses out of 53, not bad at all, especially as wisla isn't around at the moment!

Pretty delighted with the amount of responses I've had so far so the updates, especially as this has only been going a couple of day - keep it up - remember the more good quality posts you write about your player means I'm more likely to find something to say about them! Of course, if they are doing nothing at the moment, I can't really say much icon_wink.gif

Oh and finally, been meaning to do this. If you are not taking part at the moment (can't be many - there is 53 of you already!), but like the look of this, feel free to put your name to the reserve list below.

Reserve List

1. ridleys

Sorry if this isn't the most exciting story and i'm not sure if Azerbaijani is a real word but here is my back story

Arthur White

Born in the exotic lands of Surrey, England to an English father and an Azerbaijani mother who had met many years ago at university, Arthur became obsessed with football from a young age. After his parents died in a car crash when he was only 3 years old he was taken into care by his grandmother and grandfather on his mother's side living in Azerbaijan. He attended the Frankeouz Lampez school in Azerbaijan however was never interested in grades and his mind was always on the black and white. Once he left school he joined a russian sunday league team where he scored 39 goals in just 34 games. This prompted a Russian division one side called Sibir snap him up in their attempt to win promotion to the Russian premier league. He chose to play internationally for Azerbaijan as this is where he was brought up.

Originally posted by super_lampard:

Sorry if this isn't the most exciting story and i'm not sure if Azerbaijani is a real word but here is my back story

Arthur White

Born in the exotic lands of Surrey, England to an English father and an Azerbaijani mother who had met many years ago at university, Arthur became obsessed with football from a young age. After his parents died in a car crash when he was only 3 years old he was taken into care by his grandmother and grandfather on his mother's side living in Azerbaijan. He attended the Frankeouz Lampez school in Azerbaijan however was never interested in grades and his mind was always on the black and white ball. Once he left school he joined a russian sunday league team where he scored 39 goals in just 34 games. This prompted a Russian division one side called Sibir snap him up in their attempt to win promotion to the Russian premier league. He chose to play internationally for Azerbaijan as this is where he was brought up.

Andorran News

*Plays catchy jingle*

Alexei Lloyd-Hooker, the young Real Zaragoza striker, has had a statue put up today in his honour.

The Andorran youngster scored Andorra's 16th ever goal, and helped record only their 4th ever win.

Apart from Marc Bernaus, he's only player to play professionally, and with time on his side, the Andorran FA already decided that he's probably their best ever player, despite playing less than 10 games.

Derren Brown

Derren Brown Jr is in fact the son of the well known English magician, psychological illusionist and mentalist. Conceived on a drunken night out celebrating his 18th birthday Derren was blissfully unaware he had a son for some time. However 5 years later Derren found a Serbian woman on his doorstep claiming that she was the mother of a son he never knew he had, DNA tests proved she was telling the truth but before Derren could get to know his son, both mother and child were deported back to Serbia.

Jr and his mother lived happily in Belgrade for many years but as Jr got older and his father became more famous even people in Serbia began to make comparisons between the two, Jr looked almost identical to his father. He became obsessed with the man he believed to be his father and found out everything he could about him.

Jr even wanted to go and meet his father however the lack of money was a huge obstacle but Derren knew if he set his mind to it he could do anything, he soon decided that football was the best way to get his wish. He started playing late in life, 15 in fact but nonetheless he was talented, and he played for the local boys team scoring goals left, right and centre. Eventually he got his big break, well sort of, a small team in Belgrade offered him a trial but he was deemed not good enough. He was not put off (determination - 20) and continued to play and eventually was handed a contract out of sympathy (hence the low wage) on his 18th birthday with FK Voždovac, and the dream of a move to England.

Clearly Derren Brown is a fairly talented boy but not talented enough to get himself a contract so it’s hardly surprising his performances so far are a long way short of magical. icon_biggrin.gif

May 2008 - Player News & League Tables

League Tables

English Championship

German 2nd Division

Greek National B Division

Italian Serie B

Romanian 2nd League Group 1

2nd Group

Russian Premier Division

Russian 1st Division

Serbian 1st League

Swedish Premier Division

Swedish 1st Division Elite

Player Stats

Player Stats 1

Player Stats 2

Player Stats 3

Player News

Wanted

In Der Van Dude - Wanted by Piacenza.

Triple H - Wanted by Anderlecht & PSG.

James Knowles - Wanted by Valencia & Hannover. Has also rejected a contract from Aue.

Parker Reynolds - Schalke have made an offer of £400k + clauses.

Alex Drew - Wanted by Fulham, Norwich & Swansea.

Pendros - AEK have just had a £250k bid accepted for him.

Injuries

Tom Collantine - Out for a month with strained ligaments.

Benjas Kyriagkos - Out for a few weeks with a sprained ankle.

Brendan Petersen - Out for a month with strained ligaments.

All other injuries are only out for a few more days.

Adam Wilkinson - Considering his options.

Ben Arsenal has received alot of praise of late for his scoring prowess at Hammarby and good performances.

Ryan Andrews is also doing well as his striking partner.

</pre>

Wow, made it to Swedish Premier Division. Most probably the scoring is all up to me in the team by 4 goals of a grand(!) total of 12. I hope I can manage to hold them in the premier division. This way at least, I can build up some reputation to move elsewhere. Quality updates WW. icon14.gif

Originally posted by deadlydevices:

Sneaky Ninja raises his team Gaz Metan into promotion to the... 1st League? Confusing romans icon_razz.gif

And, he only needs 11 goals to bypass Moldovas lead scorer Serghei Clescenco, who has ten!

KUTGW, just out of curiosity, how long do you plan on running this dubdub?

Yeah its the Romanian First League.

dubdub - what now?! icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

If you mean, how long do I plan on running this sign up - as long as people stay interested. There's 53 people so in a few years time when everyone is playing for their countries, updates will take longer so the pace will slow down, but as long as people stay interested I'll keep on doing it. icon_smile.gif

Golden Boy - Piacenza finished 13th in Serie B. Bari finished 14th! icon_biggrin.gif

There have been 2 call ups to EURO2008, 1 you can probably guess, however the other is an uncapped player!!!

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Nice strike rate from myself in the games I did play. If I'd of played more games we'd of stayed up. icon_razz.gif And leaving my carp German club. \o/

Valencia please. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In your face aaberdeenn.

Oh sorry. You were in the German leagues too and my team beat your team postions wise. icon_razz.gif

What did I do? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by minisav:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Nice strike rate from myself in the games I did play. If I'd of played more games we'd of stayed up. icon_razz.gif And leaving my carp German club. \o/

Valencia please. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In your face aaberdeenn.

Oh sorry. You were in the German leagues too and my team beat your team postions wise. icon_razz.gif

What did I do? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I see. It was only because my manager was a silly billy and left me in the reserves until half way through the season, by then it was too late. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by jimalex:

Any chance of a screenshot from the Romanian top division, you said my guy had been transfered to Gloria Buzau.

Yeah sure, starting to forget who is in what league - will be better in a few years time when you are all in top leagues!

You might wish you hadn't asked though! icon_wink.gif

Romanian 1st League

Yhon Wi is being tutored by Darius Henderson.

Archived