dafuge's FM17 challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enfield_Town_F.C._logo.png

Enfield Town FC - Sky Bet Championship - 2030/31

After the playoff semi final defeat last season I thought we had a chance of making the playoffs again. We had a pre season in which we lost our best striker and central defender for combined fees of £33m to divisional rivals however this allowed me to bring in reinforcements. I didn't spend a lot but I spent wisely. £4.8m on 5 players whilst I brought in the rest on free transfers. We started pretty well but never put together a solid run until the 2nd half of the season. We sat in 3rd in the closing stages before on the 43rd matchday we played and beat Reading who were above us, we then drew to Sunderland as Reading also drew which saw us separated in goal difference heading into the final game. We faced 4th placed Palace whilst Reading faced runaway leaders Derby. We both lost which saw us promoted automatically by 8 goals. Premier League here we come!

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exits again but it allowed us to focus on the league.

Squad - Brought in some decent players to replace the outgoing. Made a huge profit on transfers this season. Needs some work to help us stay up next season.

Finances - Huge profit due to transfers this season. We have begun to work on the facilities and also built a new stadium.

New Stadium

Key Player Profiles:

Dean Smith - Another great season. Top scored with 24 and 14 assists also.

Donovan Edwards - Free transfer who replaced Chandler. 22 goals meant Chandler was forgotten easily.

George Deal  - Rejected £15m offers for him last summer to keep him. Had a great season.

Lea Stokes - Special mention as I bought this guy in the Vanarama South and I still have him now. History

Next Season

Survive

Improve Facilities

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18         Vanarama South              9th                  
2018/19         Vanarama South              7th
2019/20         Vanarama South              8th
2020/21         Vanarama South              2nd               Playoff Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           3rd               Playoff Finalist
2022/23         Vanarama National           7th               FA Trophy winners and FA Cup round 4
2023/24         Vanarama National           5th               Playoff Winner
2024/25         Sky Bet League 2            24th              Relegated
2025/26         Vanarama National           5th               Playoff Winner
2026/27         Sky Bet League 2            3rd               Automatic Promotion
2027/28         Sky Bet League 1            6th               Playoff Winner
2028/29         Sky Bet Championship        9th               
2029/30         Sky Bet Championship        5th               Playoff Semi Finalist
2030/31         Sky Bet Championship        2nd               Automatic Promotion

nawG7r0.png

2020 - 2021

Despite my initial bleak outlook on the season, with my already exceeded wage cap and struggle to find decent players loan or otherwise, the season somehow turned out to be a pretty miraculous performance. 

June was full of soul crushing player recruitment, which saw me not sign a single player. As I was staring down the barrel of the half strength team and the prospect of filling it with my youth, i bit the bulletin and request a wage increase from the board. Intail feedback was negative but when i pointed out that our rivals would out spend us and we could lose players to them, they bucked up their ideas and doubled the pot. Whilst my reputation as a newly minted L2 side dampened many of my transfer goals, eventually I started to find some who fit the bill and would help us at least stay up.

Pre-season went as to be expected, we let in 21 goals in 8 matches, winning only two of them. The season kicked off with a closely fought 0-1 loss, followed by a 1-5 thumping in the EFL Cup 1st round by Reading, then things just got crazy!! 3 wins on the bounce and 11 goals in 3 games including a hatrick from last seasons super star Ike Ugbo. For most of the rest of the season we yo-yoed around the top ten and going into the final few games a playoff spot was looking really likely. In the end the dream had to end and we finished in 8th, 16 places above our predicted spot.

Is evidenced by the EFL Cup, the cups where all a bust with me not wining a single cup game all season.

yMYbTpd.png

l45hmYi.png

WDmWh4q.png

Player wise their where three players that really stood out across the season and contributed to the overall success of the team.

oxmo9gW.png

PRsCYCB.png

KPwa4JJ.png

g5K1Lkj.png

oxmo9gW.png

vh4Sc6O.png

SEASON LEAGUE POSITION ACHIVEMENTS Top Scorer
17-18 VANARAMA SOUTH 3rd Promoted Via Playoff Bradley Bubb (24)
18-19 VANARAMA NATIONAL 19th   Bradley Bubb (16)
19-20 VANARAMA NATIONAL 5th Promoted Via Playoff Ike Ugbo (27)
20-21 SKY BET LEAGUE 2 8TH   Ike Ugbo (24)

7 hours ago, SuperSubFM said:

@michaeltmurrayuk is the customisation expert... what's the matter- Neon Pink kits melting your mind? :hammer:

nah pink is the best part. the ingame kits just arent correct. home kit is the old home kit from a few seasons ago, away kit is all blue for an unknown reason and third kit is green?

Their actual kit is navy with pink highlights for home, all pink with a bit of navy for away and no third kit. I created my own dodgy versions to use but they arent amazing plus I need to change ingame team colours which im not sure how to do.

Well, All good things and all that - I accidently deleted all my FM saves :( How did I do this? well I formatted my HDD... and apparently F and E don't look unique enough from one another (sadface)  That said I am restarting the save with Lowestoft and I will be doing a highly polished (he says) "Vlog" series with it

FsQ5Mcn.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama National League South - 2018/19 - Third (Playoff Promotion)

Overview
Ok so I really didn't see this coming. I actually hardly spent anything on my squad all season and was sitting at 200/500k wage budget for the first half of the season.
After a bit of a stuttering start, we barely looked back. After early January, we lost 2 games with one of them being against eventual winners Eastleigh.
For the second season in a row, It was 1 vs 2 in the last round with the Championship at stake. However this time I wasn't able to win.
In the playoffs, we had a basketball game against Aldershot away and won 5-3 then scraped by with a 1-2 loss at home. The final was a walk in the park with a 2-0 over Grimsby

FA Cup - 3rd rnd
My crazy season really got started here. We beat Sutton Utd, then somehow scraped past L2 Crawley in a replay to get past the first round. Next up was Gateshead who also beat an L2 team to get there and we took care of them.
Round 3 was coming and I was expecting another L1 matchup, even though PL teams were introduced here. Nope. Tottenham....At New White Hart Lane, 61k cap.
I mean, we ended up losing but it was only 2-0 and I think we did brilliantly.

FA Trophy - Champions
Chippenham were first to fall then we had Gateshead at home, who were still sore from us beating them in the FA Cup. They took us to a replay where we beat them 3-1.
Thrashed Maidstone 7-2 and Dover 4-1 to take us to the Semis. Grimsby were tough in the first leg at home taking us 1-1 but fell apart in the return leg where we dismantled them 4-1.
The final against National League North squad AFC Fylde was unexpected and we went in as heavy favourites. They scored first in the 69' so I pushed forward and replaced a few players. we equalised in the 85th and it was tied up going into ET.
Then in the 98th a deflected shot was put into the net by their keeper. poor bloke.
We win :)

Daniel Carr had another standout season, scoring 38 in 62 and setting a new Dulwich record of 20 assists.
Josh Morris, a left winger on loan from Colchester did real work and had the highest team average.
However I think the squad need a real talent injection if we are to stay relevant in the new league. We are pro now and can offer a little bit of cash so lets see what we can do with it.

Career Overview
Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017/18      Dulwich Hamlet             England            Vanarama National League South       1st                Champions/Promotion    
2018/19      Dulwich Hamlet             England            Vanarama National League             3rd                Playoff Promotion/FA Trophy Champions

Next Season

Mid table ? Honestly I have no idea
Rebuild the squad
Get a decent third attacking tactic in place which actually works

Facility News

Stadium is being expanded with 1750 seats

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City, Stoke

Sky Bet Championship - Sunderland, Aston Villa, Leeds

FA Cup - Man Utd

FA Trophy - Dulwich Hamlet

Champions League - Man Utd

Euro - Dortmund

A League - Brisbane/Perth

FFA Cup - Sydney

Season 2028/29 Review - Burgess Hill Town in the Premier League

League Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Season Review

I guess I was overdue a humbling season. As good as we are at soaking pressure, a lot of these Premier League teams are just too much. Not that I'll complain at avoiding relegation! We're making silly money and should move into the new stadium soon enough, so it's all about staying steady right now. 

Squad-wise Eyoma and Dunleavy leave a bit to be desired against world-class attackers, and short-term signing Mawson isn't overcoming his lack of pace the way I had hoped. If I want to build on this season, I think we're in for a major defensive overhaul! The midfield is looking better with Antonsen and Holt performing admirably for their ages, financed by the sale of Ibrahimovic after I just couldn't keep him happy anymore. Hopefully I can build the squad around these guys without bigger teams coming in and unsettling them. Up front Cohen has been nothing short of inspirational, finishing 3rd in the league goal-scoring chart. Not bad for someone playing for relegation candidates!

I think this is all about squad-building now.

Aim for next season: Improve the squad.

Season    League                 Finish   Achievements
2028/29   Premier League         14th     -
2027/28   Sky Bet Championship   5th      Promoted via Playoffs
2026/27   Sky Bet Championship   4th      Playoff semi-finalists
2025/26   Sky Bet Championship   7th      -
2024/25   Sky Bet League One     2nd      Promoted
2023/24   Sky Bet League One     9th      -
2022/23   Sky Bet League Two     1st      Winners
2021/22   Vanarama National      1st      Winners
2020/21   Vanarama National      8th      FA Trophy runner-ups
2019/20   Vanarama South         1st      Winners
2018/19   Vanarama South         4th      Playoff semi-finalists
2017/18   Vanarama South         6th      -

I haven't been giving updates, I was little lazy to write and do table, but anyways I have started with Cambridge City as I said days ago am now doing quite okay, just got promoted to league 1.

k3r4gT.jpg

oMkJ1a.jpg

Season    League                 Position   Achievements
2021/22   Sky Bet League Two     3rd        Automatic Promotion
2020/21   Vanarama National      4th        Promoted via Playoff
2019/20   Vanarama North         1st        Winners
2018/19   Vanarama South         4th        Playoff semi-finalists
2017/18   Vanarama South         18th       Avoided Relegation

24 minutes ago, Wells said:

I haven't been giving updates, I was little lazy to write and do table, but anyways I have started with Cambridge City as I said days ago am now doing quite okay, just got promoted to league 1.

k3r4gT.jpg

oMkJ1a.jpg

2021/22   Sky Bet League Two     3rd        Automatic Promotion

how the crap do you do seasons so quickly? do you quick sim games or something ?

The very first season I finished 18th was just through holiday mostly as I was bored with the poor players I had and no better players wanted to join my club.

The other seasons I do holiday through to next match and then play only commentary, no goal reply also I don't bother about press conferences or reading social media/news, only focus is just the players development, tactics, training and transfers.

IMG_0095.JPG

St. Neots Town FC 17/18 Season Review

After a promising first half to the season, we hit a really rough patch of form, dropping points left and right. With a few injuries hitting us, we lacked the depth to compete, especially up top. It seemed that teams caught on to us, and even with 2-0 leads going into the 60th minute, we would suddenly collapse and get rocked 5-2 by games end. Overall, we had a decent season, finishing in11th with early cup exits. Our Finances look good and the board has even decided to invest in some Youth development. Our Fans main award winners were our two forwards, Taylor and Macfoy-Johnston, with Taylor even winning the leagues top Goal scorer with 22 goals in 36. We got a measly 3 kids off our Youth intake, but Dan Frost looks quite promising! 

Super Saints of the Season

GK- Smith: pretty much our only goalkeeper but fairly reliable nonetheless. Hoping to invest in a solid backup next year to push him a little

DEF- Evans: a great find at this level. He is our most consistent defender and gives us some strength in the back

MID- Smith: while he's not unstoppable he does a great job creating out of nothing. He is one of our main assist men

FWD- Taylor: who else? Our best forward by far, he is not highly regarded by the scouts but he gets it done with 24 goals in all competitions

im hoping next season goes better, with playoff push our goal. It's hard as I only sign players whom my scouts recommend and don't look anywhere else. This will also be tough with Brexit causing us to require work permits and eliminating the Bosnian rule :( . Hopefully, we have a new sense of belief in ourselves next year and can change up some tactics. Until the next update...

Dulwich Hamlet - 2017/2018 - Vanarama National League South

Dulwichhamlet.png

League Table - Transfers - Season Review - Injuries - Finances - Players - Attendance

Expectations

Media - 22nd

Board - Fight bravely against relegation

Actual finish - 3rd (Promoted via playoff)

Overview

I can't say much right now except Wow!  This was so unexpected.  My expectation was to stay up and fight for a mid table position.  Instead, we get promoted.  It was really quite magical.  We stumbled at the beginning of the campaign as I was trying to find a system that would bring out the best in my two best players, Daniel Carr and Charlie Kendall.  I couldn't find adequate signings to continue using two inside forwards for my wide 4-3-3 so I decided to put Carr in his natural striker position and go with two strikers.  Without the best wide players and nobody to sign that could do the job, I spent the first half of the season trying 3 at the back formations.  We finally found the right balance playing a 5-3-2 counter to defend and 3-4-3 standard to attack.  We were fighting mid table until the last 12 or so fixtures of the campaign, where we went on an unbeaten run as everything started to come together.  We kept finding ways to win, sometimes ugly, but by the playoffs were becoming seriously tough to beat.  I'm elated right now due to the promotion, but completely frightened because I believe it's going to take a miracle to stay up in League 2.  Maybe I'm wrong, though, so we'll see.

Players

It was the same two players again this season, both were signed early in the campaign as they were showing immediately that they were effective in National.  I continued to lean on them and give them very little rest and they didn't let me down at all.

Charlie Kendall

Vanarama National player of the year nominee.  I played him the same way this season as the last campaign, DLF and TM depending on the situation.  Again, he didn't let me down.  His health finally broke at the very end of the season and he didn't get to take part in the promotion, but he played almost every game and did a wonderful job creating movement and scoring goals.  He has learned to play with his back to the goal and was almost done learning to shoot with power when we got injured.  I will be expecting him to lead us in our relegation battle in League 2 next season.

Daniel Carr

My decision to move him to striker with Kendall paid huge dividends.  This guy was an animal.  I played him as either AF or P and he scored goals like crazy.  He shattered the Dulwich Hamlet goal record for a season, which previously stood at 23.  His only bad run of form took place when he got the 23rd goal.  I believe he got mentally consumed with that record breaking goal and was over-thinking it.  I think he went something like 6 games without a goal before he got the record.  And once he did, he just started scoring again like crazy.  I really hope he can produce at League 2 level.

Unfortunately, there is really nobody notable for the 3rd mention.  Levi Rowley, who was my 3rd standout performer last year had a tough season.  He excelled as a midfield threat last season due to the space created in the middle of the 4-3-3 wide.  With two strikers now, I couldn't find a way for him to impose himself on matches better.  Before I could figure it out, he went down for 4 months due to injury and that was basically the season for him.

FA Cup

We were expected to reach the first round and that's what we did.  Our first match was against lower league Thurrock.  We got lucky with this being a home draw which helped our financial situation.  I played the reserve squad and barely beat them 1-0.  Our first round draw put us away to League 2 Coventry.  We put up the barricades and earned a huge 1-1 draw to bring us back home for the 2nd leg.  I was really only hoping to get the money from the home match which ended up being an almost sellout crowd to boost our finances further.  I actually played my best 11 but we got smoked 3-0.  We made a lot of cash, though, so I felt that our FA Cup was a huge success.

FA Trophy

The board expected us to reach the second round and we ended up going one further, which was nice.  The 1st round draw put us at home against Vanarama South Maidstone.  I played my best 11 and we still drew and I felt we were doomed going into the away leg but we put in a great performance and killed them 4-1.  2nd round against Vanarama South Chelmsford City at home and we took care of them easily, 2-0.  More home ticket sales and we were seeing our bank go up a lot.  We get National AFC Fylde in the 3rd round and it wasn't looking good.  We played Fylde 4 days previous on their ground in a league matchup and lost horrible 3-0.  We put in a better performance in the cup match, but still lost 2-1.  It was almost like the squad took a breather during these two matches, because our run before and after these matches were amazing, especially after.  After this match, we lost once during our next 17 matches to end the season.

Finances

We saw a huge uptick in attendance this year and with good home draws in the cups and the huge payday in the playoffs and promotion, we're sitting really strong financially.  Because of all the money we brought in half-way through the season, I decided to spend some money on transfers in order to get what I felt we needed immediately, otherwise we'd have a bit more saved up.  We have a stadium expansion to meet League 2 standards but I don't expect that to affect us that much.  I haven't reviewed the transfer market yet to assess what I'm going to do before the new season but most of my players contracts are up this year so there's room to work with.  Our supporter following is really strong so I expect another uptick in attendance this year which should continue to help us grow.

Season by Season Results

Season		League					Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017/18		Vanarama National League South	 	1st			Division Champion. Manager of the Season runner-up. 3 Manager of the Month awards.
2018/19		Vanarama National			3rd			Promotion by playoff. Manager of the Season. 1 Manager of the Month award.

ER9hQHp.png

Enfield Town FC

Sky Bet League One 2022-2023

Year-End Update

Calendar

itfimbv.jpg   hEKIC9d.jpg 

Competitions

Sky Bet League One

Our turnover on the first team this season was fairly similar to last season, and indeed we were planning on only signing 3 first team players had we not had received an offer for the younger Niall Mason early in the season.  Having acquired him for $4k, we ultimately sold him to Fulham for $1.8 million and 50% of his next transfer fee.  We also sold an 18 year old youth player named Ian Mitchell for $1 million and similar terms, having acquired him for $3k.  In the end, we signed 6 new first team players, in addition to promoting Pat O'Rourke (who started about half our games) and giving a little bit of playing time right at the end of the season to Oumar Abeid, the first player to come through our youth system to make it to the first team squad.  The first of our initial 3 captures were Savvas Mourgos, originally from Arsenal, who we got from Crawley for $35k.  He served as a backup central midfielder, primarily for Chettle (both playing an AP role); he only started 16 games and made sub appearances in 7 more, but he consistently gave us quality play and was a good depth investment.  Second, we signed fullback Rab McCullough for $14k from Portadown, who platooned with O'Rourke on the left side, and a couple of times played CM in a pinch; the two were pretty indistinguishable in quality overall and both were solid.  Third, despite the success of Davies last season, we once again signed a new starting striker, Ciaran Wade for $22.5k with a $45k due on 50 league appearances clause (which we've already paid) from MK Dons.  Wade ultimately led our team, and indeed set the team record, with 33 goals, and despite some inconsistency, substantially outplayed Davies.  Fourth and fifth, we signed two central defenders in the wake of Mason's departure - Lloyd Kelly and Perry Ng, both from Crewe, for a combined $300k.  Both were pretty consistent on the back end, the former slightly moreso than the latter, but it was youngster Tommy Smith, who came up from our reserves last season, who became our most reliable central defender.  Finally, in the January transfer window, we acquired goalkeeper Iain Loy from Partick Thistle for $110k, as things were looking good for us and I was a bit skeptical of McCracken's ability to play the the standard he has so far at the next level, and Loy looks like a promising prospect for the future - this proved a prophetic move, as the normally durable McCracken missed most of the final stretch of the season with a sports hernia.

We had a good preseason with the exception of a somewhat unlucky loss against Crawley.  In our last friendly, we actually substantially outplayed Swansea, who finished 10th in the Premier League this season, and were unlucky to end up with a scoreless draw.  We sold 1,246 season tickets, a modest increase over last year's 1,084.  We got off to an oddly slow start in our first game away at Peterborough, not managing a single shot until halfway through the second half, but a Chettle goal got us a 1-0 win and we started rolling from there.  A win over Luton in our 6th game in the league put us top.  We would lose that position in our next game, a loss to Millwall, but a subsequent 2-0 win over Bolton where both our goals banked in off the posts put us top again, and from that point on, it became a two team duel - from that point on, only two teams, us and Wycombe, held the lead, and the rest of the season featured 6 lead changes at the top.

Some other highlights from the middle portion of our season included a 6-0 home demolishing of Bradford City, featuring five different goal scorers, an 88th minute winner by Hooper (who would struggle with injures in the latter part of the season) away at Chesterfield, a 4-0 home win against Coventry in which we out-shot them 24 to 3, a strange 5-1 victory over Yeovil where we were out-shot 14 to 8, a couple of games which included bizarre plays where the ball bounced up in the air off the crossbar only to bounce a second time off the crossbar, once falling out of bounds and the other time falling back into the field of play.  The later portion of the season also featured a 5-game shutout streak by Loy, in relief of the injured McCracken.

After having been behind for a few games, a 1-0 win at Cambridge pulled us level with Wycombe with a game in hand.  That game was in fact our next, at Luton, in which Thorsteinsson scored twice to give us a 2-0 victory and the lead outright.  Then, in perhaps our most important game of the season, we defeat Wycombe 2-0 despite being slightly out-shot.  The only slight hiccup we had in our final 9 games was one 4-game stretch where we were 1-2-1, though the win was a 4-0 victory over Port Vale, who finished third, which featured a hat trick by Wade.  The loss wasn't even too bad, as we had clinched promotion 4 days prior in a make-up game Port Vale drew.  Finally, we clinch the title in a draw away at Rotherham, as Wycombe would lose the same day.  Not content to simply play out the string after clinching, we end our season emphatically with 3 wins, and finish as 2022-2022 Sky Bet League One Champions.

Final Table

b17OtXz.jpg

FA Cup

We went one round fewer than last season in the FA Cup, but it was still a successful run.  We started with a home game against Notts Co. that must have been torture for the fans - they only had 4 shots, 1 on target, the entire game, and we only had 5 shots, none on target, until stoppage time in the second half when Mourgos managed to score a winner to put us through to the second round.  In the second round, we found ourselves down 1-0 at the half away to AFC Fylde, but a Wade second-half hat trick secured a 3-1 victory for us.  A pretty evenly played game away at Leeds (who would ultimately secure automatic promotion to the Premier League this season) led to a 1-1 tie and home replay as both teams squandered multiple potential chances to win late in the second half.  While the road game was pretty even throughout, the replay was more back-and-forth.  We had a poor first half, but came out and controlled the play for much of the second half, until they came on strong toward the end, but hit the crossbar 3 times, and we ultimately went to extra time in a scoreless tie.  We got it together in extra time and had the better chances, but still no goals came, and we went to penalties.  Each team hit 4 of their first 5, and their next 4 as well, but McCracken saved their 10th penalty, and Smith tucked away the winner, sending us to the 4th round.  Drawing Sunderland at home, we gave up a penalty early in the second half to go down 1-0, but Cassian Thomas tied it up right away, and Ollie Bayliss, in one of his few appearances with Wade recovering from a minor injury and Davies playing poorly, scored to put us up 2-1.  Unfortunately, Sunderland managed to tie the game in the 89th minute, sending us on a road replay, where in a snow storm we gave up 3 first half goals on the way to a 3-1 loss.

EFL Cup

In our third attempt we finally manage to win our EFL Cup opener, this time away at Southend, winning 3-0 and not allowing a shot on target.  Unfortunately, despite taking a 2-1 lead into the half, we would lose 3-2 to Brentford in the second round, the same team who knocked us out in the first round last season.

Checkatrade Trophy

The draw saw us facing Arsenal's U23 squad along with League Two Southend and Colchester in the group stage.  In a game where all 3 of our starting midfielders were suspended due to yellow cards in our last match of the competition last season, we dominated the first half against the Arsenal U23s, but couldn't score, and as they gradually picked it up in the second half we were lucky to bring it to penalties.  Each team hit 3 of 5, but they missed their 6th, and Davies scored the winner for 2 points.  A strong defensive performance, allowing just 2 shots (1 on target) against Southend, gave us 3 points in a 1-0 win.  We were up 2 late against Stevenage, but they scored in the 88th and 90th minutes to force a penalty shootout (an optimal result for both teams, as 1 point for us put us at 6, 1 ahead of Southend, and 1 point for them put them tied with Southend at 5 but with a better goal differential).  Ultimately, we would win the group, as they missed their 3rd and 4th attempts, and Wright hit the winner for us.

In the second round, we played a back-and-forth game at home against Milwall, which saw us take a 1-0 lead, then fall behind 2-1, before ultimately winning 3-2, featuring a pair of goals by Hooper.  In the third round, after going to the break up 1-0 against Colchester, we came out firing in the second half and took a 3-0 lead in the first few minutes, hanging on to win 3-1.  In the quarter final against Gillingham, a fast start including 2 goals by Wade put us up 4-0 after just 27 minutes, and we coasted for a 5-0 win.  The semi-final away at Cambridge was a very evenly played game, 50% possession and 16 shots apiece, and we won 2-1 thanks to a fortuitous own goal in the second half.  Finally, in the final against the Stoke U23s, we dominated for much of the game, but weren't able to break through until the 75th minute.  We would ultimately add a second one, winning 2-0 while out-shooting them 16 to 5, and making us 2022-2023 Checkatrade Trophy Champions.  This is our second victory in the competition in 3 attempts.

Squad & Awards

M57hfn7.jpg

Aside from the aforementioned Wade, Brittain also contributed a lot this year, scoring 14 goals (second on the team) and creating 9 assists.  Hooper fell off a bit in terms of goals, but his 11 assists was solid and he missed some time due to injury.  Our central midfield was again the glue holding the team together, with Chettle, Wright, and Thomas contributing a combined 26 goals and 34 assists and, along with Mourgos, constituting the top 4 players in average rating on the team.  Both McCracken and Loy played well, but Loy proved to be slightly better when McCracken was injured, picking up 10 shutouts and allowing 11 goals in 18 games (McCracken posted 19 shutouts and allowed 34 in 41 games).

Statistically, as a team, we scored the 3rd most goals (second if you don't count the goals Bolton scored in the playoffs), and allowed by far the fewest (just 33).  We were middling in possession, but were 4th in cross completion ratio, 3rd in pass completion ratio, and 1st in shots on target ratio.  In terms of individual player statistics, we had 4 of the top 5 in the league in average rating (Chettle, Wright, Thomas, and Travis), and Smith made the top 20.  Wade led the league with 9 PoM awards, and tied for the 4th most goals at 24.  Despite only playing 26 league games, McCracken posted the third most shutouts at 13, and Loy contributed 8 in 16 games.

Our players (and myself as well) received a variety of awards, listed below.

Fans' Player of the Season: Callum Wright

Manager's Player of the Season: Callum Chettle

Fans' Signing of the Season: Rab McCullough

Manager's Signing of the Season: Ciaran Wade

Fans' and Manager's Young Player of the Season: Callum Wright

League One Player of the Year (Callum Chettle)

League One Team of the Year (Callum Chettle & Tommy Smith)

December Player of the Month (Callum Wright)

April Player of the Month (Callum Chettle)

Runner-Up for Player of the Month (Callum Chettle, September; Lewis Travis, November)

September Goal of the Month (Callum Wright)

Manager of the Month (September, October, March)

Runner-Up for Manager of the Month (August, December, and April)

Third Place for Manager of the Month (January, February)

(it should be noted that Wycombe's manager, Steve Cotterill, also won the award 3 times, and ultimately beat me out for the Manager of the Year award)

State of the Club

j4YLYLj.jpg

From a financial perspective, the club made a profit of approximately $1,000,000 last season.  The notable sources of revenue and expense other than the usual match income, media income, and salaries were income from player sales of approximately $2,800,000 and prize money of approximately $550,000, and expenses from a youth facilities upgrade of approximately $800,000 and transfer fees paid of approximately $650,000.  We are continuing to try to build a robust youth system, and aside from the player I mentioned early in this recap, we have a promising goalkeeper who came through this spring.  Our payroll budget has been increase from approximately $60,000 p/w to approximately $86,000 p/w/, and we've been given a transfer budget of over $3.6 million, as compared with $1 million last year.  We are planning on letting Melbourne, Thorsteinsson, Mason, Horsfall, and Willard leave at the end of their contracts.  While several of the other players don't appear optimal for competition at the next level, their level of play this season was sufficient that I believe they can at least contribute as backups to any new acquisitions.  Our average attendance in the league was 4,676, or 50% of capacity, an increase over last season's attendance of 3,593.  Of note, next season we will actually be playing two levels above the team we're renting the stadium from, Leyton Orient.

Goals for the upcoming season are as follows:

• Avoid Relegation
  • Reach the FA Cup 4th Round.
  • Reach the EFL Cup 3rd Round.
  • Look for potential upgrades at various positions.

Season	 League			Finish  Achievements
2017-18	 Vanarama  South	1st     League Champions; Manager of the Year
2018-19	 Vanarama National	10th    FA Trophy Champions
2019-20	 Vanarama National	1st   	League Champions; Manager of the Year
2020-22	 League Two		1st	League Champions; Checkatrade Trophy Champions
2021-22	 League One		7th
2022-23	 League One		1st	League Champions; Checkatrade Trophy Champions; Player of the Year (Chettle)

10 hours ago, LeProfIamNot said:

Dulwich Hamlet - 2017/2018 - Vanarama National League South

TLDR - Daniel Carr is the best :D I'm in League 2 and he is still scoring way more goals then the guy with better stats who I signed to replace him

Championship here we come, I was unlucky many of the games I lost in league 1 really, specially in first season, but I will say goodbye to it for now :p

2023/24   Sky Bet League 1  	 5th        Promoted via Playoff
2022/23   Sky Bet League 1       7th        
2021/22   Sky Bet League 2       3rd        Automatic Promotion

On 27/11/2016 at 23:12, deadfncat said:

nah pink is the best part. the ingame kits just arent correct. home kit is the old home kit from a few seasons ago, away kit is all blue for an unknown reason and third kit is green?

Their actual kit is navy with pink highlights for home, all pink with a bit of navy for away and no third kit. I created my own dodgy versions to use but they arent amazing plus I need to change ingame team colours which im not sure how to do.

Unfortunately the only way to change actual kit colours is to use the editor which is against the challenge rules.

ilk.badge.png

Season 3 - 2019/2020

Yet another slow start to the season with just 1pt from the first 5 games - I always seem to have players short on fitness, or having to find new staff and players at the start of the season. I really need to get the staff sorted out pre-pre season next year. Anyway after that dreadful start I found a formation to suit and went on a 9 game unbeaten run in the league picking up 25pts from a possible 27. I then stuttered again in January, before hitting another nice long unbeaten run - only losing the last regulation game of the season, after confirming 2nd spot, and giving the reserves a run out in an effort to keep the first team fit for the play-offs.

Best win of the season was a 6-1 defeat of Harrogate Town, who we had previously failed to beat in 5 attempts. Yet again one of last seasons relegated teams ran away with the league (AFC Flyde)

In the play-off semi-finals we overcame Boston 3-1 on aggregate after losing the first leg 1-0 and prevailing with a comfortable 3-0 victory in the return leg, then the final threw up Harrogate Town again - this time a comfortable 2-0 victory secured promotion to the National League. After only expecting a top half finish we did better than expected, and I was rewarded with a new contract, on £25 a week less than the old one !!

I also achieved a few new 'steam' achievements along the way with 'Goal Machine' for providing Khuis Metz as the leagues top scorer with 26 goals - although he went off injured after putting us ahead in the final, and is now sidelined for 4-5 months with shin splints .... we have also gained the 'Going Places' achievement as the club spend £2.25million on building a new ground which will be available in 13 mths, hopefully we wont be enjoying it back down in the Conference North. 

I lost track of all the job interviews I was asked to attend, with 3 from League 2 Teams (Forest Green, Mansfield, Bristol Rovers). I again performed atrociously in both cups - I wouldn't mind a bit of a run in one in the coming year, to at least give me a bit of light in what I expect to be a dark season. I did persuade the board to send me for a couple more coaching badges, currently studying for National A at seasons close

The squad definitely needs strengthening for the coming season, although money is tight with the new stadium build - my board aren't very ambitious and have refused my requests to turn professional and also to improve youth facilities - I really hope we can get a new more ambitious chairman at some point in the next few seasons

Player of the Year - Khuis Metz- 7.18 Avg Rating

Top Goalscorer - Khuis Metz - 26 Goals

Fans Player of the Year - Luke Foster

I think avoiding relegation is most probable this season, although I notice that it seems from other posts that the momentum from promotion usual bodes well for a better than expected 1st season in the National League

Season                    League            League Finish        Europe        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-2018    Vanarama North           15th                      N/A

2018-2019    Vanarama North            9th                       N/A

2019-2020    Vanarama North            2nd                       N/A                          Promotion via Playoffs

IMG_0095.JPG

St. Neots Town FC 18/19 Midseason Review

Its a season of deja vu for the saints as it seems we are determined to be on the fringe of playoff contention. It's as if the men are too scared of the step up and every time we look to continue a good run of form, we back off and decide to take our foot off the gas. At the beginning of the year, I made some free agent Transfers and loans to ensure that we would not suffer a similar Midseason slump as last year. We struggled at first to get results and last year's top scorer, Rob Taylor, seemed to have lost his form. I changed tactics to an aggressive 4-4-2 and started getting better results with everyone contributing on the offensive and defensive fronts. We went on two great cup runs, getting to the second round of the FA cup and were still in the FA trophy hunt. This has helped mightily with Finances and we seem to continue to please our board with these increases; hopefully they can return the favor in the near future with some upgrades. Overall, we sit in 7th at the start of the new year with Dion Macfoy-Johnston fulfilling our predictions as our best player, leading us in goals and assists. I hope to make a push for a playoff place during this period and maybe secure a promotion through this. It will take a lot on our end and we need to overcome this mental roadblock, especially as a young squad. Until next update...

What a season, start of the season in championship, I wasn't even thinking of making into playoffs, just to avoid relegation despite being predicted to finish 24th we have managed to get promoted to the big league :D

2024/25   Sky Bet Championship   3rd	    Promoted Via Playoff

51 minutes ago, Kimera56 said:

Hi everyone.I started with Weymouth FC but English is not my mother language and my writing skill is terrible. :) I'll try writing clearly.I hope i succeed in. :) 

Well good luck!

Kettering town F.C.

This season in the League 1 has been very hard and as a noob I overspend on wages all free transfers of coursen now I have too many players who I have to unload on loans.

Found some good players though.

On 22.11.2016 at 19:01, QSF25 said:

@dafuge You should edit the first post to put whos done the challenge or whos on the premier now.

I tried to look into this, is it true that there are a few in Premier League but no completions yet? Tried to read all 20 pages but went a bit fast.

I am planning to join this challenge soon, always played Journeyman games, but now its time to test this one.

As I actually hold the second post in the thread, I might be willing to update a "Leaderboard" but only if people want me to, and if its ok with @dafuge

15 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

I tried to look into this, is it true that there are a few in Premier League but no completions yet? Tried to read all 20 pages but went a bit fast.

I am planning to join this challenge soon, always played Journeyman games, but now its time to test this one.

As I actually hold the second post in the thread, I might be willing to update a "Leaderboard" but only if people want me to, and if its ok with @dafuge

yeah there's 3 in PL iirc and a couple in the championship too

Two boring seasons in prem already, it is killing me, the players I have are like league 1 standard , no good players want to join my club, so I expect relegation battle to continue for some years :rolleyes: 

2026/27   Premier League         16th       	
2025/26   Premier League	 17th       Avoided Relegation

FsQ5Mcn.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama National League South - 2019/20 - Fourth (Playoff loss)

Overview

So start of the season we were woeful. I was playing a more defensive tactic thinking that the higher class teams would attack and we could sit back and counter. Wrong.
They scored at will against us and I ended up in 20th position. I major rethink was required so I went for a narrow attacking control tactic in the hopes that Daniel Carr could score enough that some ping pong games would get us enough points to survive.
It ended up doing that and more. I ended up winning at ease when I attacked against teams higher than me in the comp and sneaking wins when playing defensively against poor teams.
This went amazingly for awhile and I ended up in 1st spot.....Then it all came crashing down. Awful awful defence all season, but compounded by some attacking injuries late in the season and I guess other teams countering my tactics, I couldn't buy a win.
RIP.
I was confident heading into the playoffs all the same since we had defeated 2nd place Blackpool a few weeks earlier and were still doing well against the good teams. 
An away 0-0 draw against the Posh was hard fought and we played really well in the return leg to get the win, so I had hope for the final.
They scored three really early goals and we were 3 down by 24 minutes. I was gutted and ready to jump off a bridge. However we took one back not long after giving me a tiny bit of hope.
The 2nd half was tough and we grabbed another back in the 60th, but it just wasn't to be. Our passing was woeful and couldn't string together anything at all. 

FA Cup - 3rd rnd

Tier 7 Weymouth somehow took us to a replay in the 1st round after an awful showing by us in mid season when we were actually in perfect form. We won the replay easily then disposed of poor L2 Eastleigh in Rnd 2.
The Draw day came around and.....Man Utd away. I actually couldn't have written it any better. We scored against them too!

League Cup - Groups

We played pretty poorly in our group and ended up on the bottom. Oh well.

Checkatrade Trophy - 1st rnd
Solid showing against CH Millwall but they showed class to sneak the game

Daniel Carr doing it again. I actually don't understand it now. All of my other strikers have better stats than him and he still scores way more.
My defence cost me the season though. We should have easily won the league, but inconsistent defence and passing from defence cost me badly.
Nana Owusu will be losing the captaincy and probably his job after a shocking season where I had to discipline him repeatedly like a naughty schoolboy. Just awful.

Career Overview
Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017/18      Dulwich Hamlet             England            Vanarama National League South       1st                Champions/Promotion    
2018/19      Dulwich Hamlet             England            Vanarama National League             3rd                Playoff Promotion/FA Trophy Champions
2019/20      Dulwich Hamlet             England            League 2                             4th                Playoff Final Runner Up

Next Season

Rebuild defence
Promotion!
Decent cup run hopefully

Facility News

New 6k Capacity stadium is being built after good crowds all season
Youth and Training facilities too

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham, West Brom, Liverpool, Stoke

Sky Bet Championship - Brighton, Burnley, Norwich

FA Cup - Tottenham

League Cup - Tottenham

Checkatrade Cup - Chelsea U23s

Champions League - Arsenal

Euro - Man City

A League - Jets/Mariners

FFA Cup - Mariners

Another season, this time 15th despite improving the team a little bit, nothing interesting to talk about so far... I need to overhaul the squad and everything next year.

2027/28   Premier League         15th

10 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Of course, that would be brilliant :thup:

6 hours ago, Wells said:

Another season, this time 15th despite improving the team a little bit, nothing interesting to talk about so far... I need to overhaul the squad and everything next year.

2027/28   Premier League         15th

Dude what the hell you went up so fast? Tactics?

30 minutes ago, QSF25 said:

Dude what the hell you went up so fast? Tactics?

Im taking a little break from Cambridge save, game feels very slow/lag because of many seasons played I think

There is no a single tactic I used through out all the seasons, constantly changing team instructions, tinkering with when a goal up or down, sometimes 4-4-1-1, other times 4-4-2, 4-1-2-3, 4-2-3-1... but base mentality and team shape is  counter - structured. 

Why I have gone little time in many seasons you can see some posts above I have explained already.

On 11/30/2016 at 02:26, deadfncat said:

TLDR - Daniel Carr is the best :D I'm in League 2 and he is still scoring way more goals then the guy with better stats who I signed to replace him

Yea as soon as I saw that he put up 30+ for you in League 2 I got excited.  I'm just finishing my preseason and he's looking good.  I only added 3 new players so I'm really hoping to keep the cohesion.  We'll see.

On 11/30/2016 at 11:35, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Unfortunately the only way to change actual kit colours is to use the editor which is against the challenge rules.

I hate these shirts too.  Honestly I don't know why I didn't make edits before I started.  I don't care about "challenge rules."  I mean, if I complete it, does that disqualify anything?  It's not like we win money for this.  Seriously I'm almost tempted to to purchase FMRTE just to change the kits.  

04N3Y9a.png

Weymouth FC | Vanarama South | 2017-2018

I think for first season we had very good performance.Until February we fight for play-off but then our performance dropped and we moved away from top of the league.

League Table

Past Positions

Fixture

Fixture 2

Squad - In my opinion this team did their best.Especially my full backs and central midfielders not suitable for this league.Hopefully i can strenghten this positions before the next season.

Finances - In dept as usual

Key Players

Nicke Kabamba - Top goalscorer with 12 goals and he had 13 asists.His physicals is monstrously.

Stephane Zubar / Moritz Jenz - Solid defenders.Their partnership is very well.

2017/18         Vanarama South              11th                  

Anyone running under a 'Hard Brexit' save by any chance? Would like one for a save I'm planning and seeing as all of you have Britain loaded, figured it was a good place to ask :D

Cheers in Advance :) 

Enfield_Town_F.C._logo.png

Enfield Town FC - Premier League - 2031/32

Our first season in the Premier League. I thought it was going to be a struggle and I am amazed to say it was fairly comfortable. With our hard Brexit making it difficult to find any foreign imports I had to rely on homegrown talent and although plenty of new faces arrived I wasn't convinced they were truly good enough. They did well enough and after a opening defeat to Stoke I was fearing the worst. We bounced back with a 4-0, 5-1 and 6-2 victory and I was in dreamland. I wanted to hit the 40 points as quick as possible. We has a bit of a sluump winning 1 of our next 8 matches until we hit form going unbeaten throughout December and most of January. We briefly threatened European places at stages but ultimately we fell away as squad depth and quality is nowhere close to being good enough. We finished on 48 points and in a respectable 12th position. Looking forward to spending the riches we ammased on some new talent for next season.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - The youngsters were knocked out in the League Cup and we made a run to round 6 of the FA Cup before losing to Southampton.

Squad - 10 new faces with 4 leaving the club at a total spend of £11.75m. A couple were panic buys who barely featured although some really shone despite not being the greatest players. Looking for some new players for next season in all areas to inject some much needed quality.

Finances - Premier League money is insane. £73.1m in the bank currently raking in over £53m in profit this season despite improving training and youth facilities.

Key Player Profiles:

Dean Smith - Suffered multiple injuries this season but still managed 19 goals and 13 assists.

Stuart Lucas - Signed fo £2m when in the Championship and came good this season with 18 league goals. 

Ken Collins  - Another Championship player who stepped up a level. Good performances.

Next Season

Consolidate

Improve Facilities again

Career Overview

2017/18         Vanarama South              9th                  
2018/19         Vanarama South              7th
2019/20         Vanarama South              8th
2020/21         Vanarama South              2nd               Playoff Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           3rd               Playoff Finalist
2022/23         Vanarama National           7th               FA Trophy winners and FA Cup round 4
2023/24         Vanarama National           5th               Playoff Winner
2024/25         Sky Bet League 2            24th              Relegated
2025/26         Vanarama National           5th               Playoff Winner
2026/27         Sky Bet League 2            3rd               Automatic Promotion
2027/28         Sky Bet League 1            6th               Playoff Winner
2028/29         Sky Bet Championship        9th               
2029/30         Sky Bet Championship        5th               Playoff Semi Finalist
2030/31         Sky Bet Championship        2nd               Automatic Promotion
2031/32         Premier League              12th

Kettering Town F.C.

PROMOTION!!!

exhx60t.jpg

It was a hard fought season and having a almost invincible last season did not help at all. I thought that it would be easy now that I had build a good team but I was so wrong. I had to bring new people until we could cope up with the other teams. After a bumpy start we were on a race to get on promotion places and the last 15 matches was a race to catch up to QPR who didnt budge. 

Finally in the last match I needed for QPR not to win and me to win in order to secure the second place.  We tied 0-0 against Sheff Utd and QPR lost 2-1 against Leyton who was seeking promotion playoffs. As you can see the table we were tied by points and GD but we scored the most goals in the competition with 79 so the rules were in our favor and thank god because the next rule to untie was matches between us and QPR had won their home match 4-2 and we won our home match 1-0 vs them.

They got promoted too in the playoffs but by then were already on vacation.

PTGqtM8.jpg?1

Q5jrtS1.jpg

hTXaX2y.jpg

NEXT STOP THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

2017/18         Vanarama North              18th              Avoid relegation.    
2018/19         Vanarama North              10th			  Mid table.	
2019/20         Vanarama North              11th	          Mid table.
2020/21         Vanarama North              1st				  Winners!, 4 Head coach of the month.	
2021/22         Vanarama National           6th               2 Head coach of the month.
2022/23         Vanarama National           1st               Winners!, FA Trophy Winners!, 2 Head coach of the month.
2023/24         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Winners!(only lost 1 match) ,2 Head coach of the month.
2024/25         Sky Bet League 1            2nd               Promotion!!.
2025/26         Sky Bet Championship        --                --

175px-CorbyTownFC.png

Corby Town 2019/2020 - Vanarama National League North

Ouch, major step back this season, barely avoiding relegation, finishing 18th  with 43 points and a -18 GD.

League Table

Rough offseason as I lost a starting centerback and goalkeeper without having replacements arranged. When the season began, we were completely unable to score and managed to go winless through our first 10 games. After the 23rd game, we were still dead last. About that time I had a bit of a revelation about giving our attack more punch and we managed to pull ourselves out of relegation, partially thanks to a few other teams being even worse than us. The second half was much better as we accumulated 27 points during that time. Anyway, we survived and continue on.

Key Players

Another season, another leading scorer, this time ST Marley Blair. We signed him on a free from Liverpool halfway through last season. He scored 11 goals with 4 assists. I teamed him up front with another free signing, ST Ant O'Flaherty from Chelsea. They formed a pretty good big man, little man partnership.

I lost the young defenders that I liked so much last season but I found a new one in DC Louis Coyne, who I bought for 2.5K from Burscough. 

Probably by my best new player though was a young goalkeeper I found, GK Andy Jeffs-Watts. Signed on a free from Tottenham about a third of the way through the season, he had 8 clean sheets in 23 games. Very excited about him going into next year.

Cups

For as bad as the season was, we did okay in the cups. We knocked off Marine on penalty kicks in our first matchup when we were still winless in league play. We then went to Royston and won 2-1 before losing at VNL side Gateshead 0-4. In the FA Trophy, we had our biggest victory ever, 7-0 over AFC Rushden & Diamonds before losing a competitive match at VNL side AFC Flyde 2-4.

Youth Intake

Added a potentially good striker in Kelvin Kearney, I'll definitely be looking to get him involved next season.

Finances

Not so good this year without as strong a cup run and with quite a bit more spending on salaries.

Upcoming Season

Need a strong bounce back next season. The defense is very strong though and I have everyone locked up there for next season. I also like my striker tandem and the depth I have behind it. Midfield is where I really need to strengthen the team as I've settled into a 3-5-2 WB Sweeper as my main formation. I need a better attacking midfielder, ideally a better option at defensive midfield and more, better wingback options.

I have made a provisional leaderboard on the first page (post number 2) now.

Its in progress, as I have worked backwards from the last page. Currently on page 16. 

Also the looks on the Leaderboards will be prettier in the future.

2 hours ago, TheEarl said:

I have made a provisional leaderboard on the first page (post number 2) now.

Its in progress, as I have worked backwards from the last page. Currently on page 16. 

Also the looks on the Leaderboards will be prettier in the future.

Good work! 

This could be a damn long first season.

First game is a pretty even affair against a fellow newly promoted team and it ends in a 1-1 draw.

Second game against newly relegated, and league favourites, Maidstone and this happens:

CIn758p.png

We boss the game from start to finish, keep them completely quiet for 89 minutes and 45 seconds of the match but they score with their only shot, my attackers have a mare of a game and we fail to win despite controlling the game completely from start to finish.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, and I've already suffered 4 injuries. All of them keeping the player out for at least a month and all happening to a goalkeeper! I've already signed 4 new keepers since taking over, it's getting a bit ridiculous now!

*EDIT 2* Yep, this is going to be a really long season...

AjYn9rh.png

Archived