what's the most you will spend on one player?

In my 3rd season with Arsenal and I'm really keen on signing Pogba, but looks like he'll cost me about 150 million pounds. I have about 200m in the bank and my team is pretty much how I want so he'd be my only real purchase for the next couple of seasons barring young players.

Another thing I worry about is in my experience if a player isn't very keen to play for you their performance can suffer. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Pogba is slightly interested I guess, but says "it'd have to be a special offer for me to consider playing for them".

IMO it;s relative, but in your case I'd say if you have a great XI and he will improve it then go for it, otherwise the money just gets eaten up in tax and share dividends anyway! 85m is my personal record but I'm tight and he was a player I wanted as it would weaken my main rival.

I always factor things out in terms of resale value down the line, and how many years I can get out of the player. I guess you can either sign him now for 150m or scout the hell out of the save looking for the next Pogba - and maybe sign 3-5 CM's for £40m total in the hope one develops to be as good.

I'd probably pull the trigger if you have 150m to spare AND are making substantial profit each year.

This is a question I'm always asking myself when the transfer window opens up, and it applies to both Worldies & promising kids. As the the game progresses the money received each season for prizes + tv rise, and the transfer fees reflect that...but even so, some of them are huge.

I have £40m sat in the bank and a weekly wage surplus of roughly 600k with Liverpool, which is obviously burning a whole in my pocket, but I am more frugal than I should be with pretend budgets; I would love to sign a player like Pogba (when he is interested), but I would die a little inside at having to fork out the transfer fee, plus the wages, plus the signing on fee, plus the agents fee, plus all of the little greedy add-ons. I would never feel like he's giving me any real value. I'd expect MoM performances every match, and then demand more.

I find myself preferring to sign the next generation of player for relative peanuts, still expensive peanuts mind you.

£150m for Pogba? I'm already mentally blocking myself from imagining doing this in a pretend world (help me). But saying that, I did sign a player on an earlier version, who's agent just wasn't interested in the slightest, but I max'ed everything out and he did sign (I was surprised), and he played just fine as I remember.

In my 3rd season with Arsenal and I'm really keen on signing Pogba, but looks like he'll cost me about 150 million pounds. I have about 200m in the bank and my team is pretty much how I want so he'd be my only real purchase for the next couple of seasons barring young players.

Another thing I worry about is in my experience if a player isn't very keen to play for you their performance can suffer. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Pogba is slightly interested I guess, but says "it'd have to be a special offer for me to consider playing for them".

After my 2nd season with Man U, the boards approves an absurd amount of wage budget and transfer budget...I mean absurd. So, what I did was sell some of my high contract players who I don't use as much, and then shift some of that wage budget over to the transfer fee and then I offered the minimum fee release for Neymar. Did it for Messi first and it went through, but Messi had no interest. So, I went after neymar and he signed. I believe in total I paid $260m+ for neymar...that includes the player and agent bonus for the contract. I think the fee release was like $218m or somewhere around that.

If you have the money, spend it. What value does it have for you just sitting there? if you have the rest of your squad squared away, and still have room in the wage budget to offer few contract extensions for those players, and you think you are missing 1-2 guys from absolutely dominating, then spend the money. So, that is what I did. And then the following year, the board once again approved an absurd transfer budget. I shifted some of that over the wage budget so that I have room to negotiate extensions in the future. But still have plenty sitting there to spend on a high profile player.

Yea normally I would never consider that fee and just move on, but I've been planning since I started the save to buy him at some point. Didn't think it'd be quite so much but in my mind I'm just sort of stuck on buying him. I think I'll pull the trigger and then immediately regret it :p

I got pogba for about 100 million pound. He's the highest transfer for me at Man City. I've also spent around that on neymar too.

Looking to sign Dybala next from Real Madrid and I imagine that will cost similar

If u have the money, who cares what a player costs. If u really want him and he is the best on his position, go for it! I would easy pay 150m for a player like Pogba, u wont find much better.

My brother spent 300m (euro) on Bellerin when he was playing with Man Utd. It went up so high since it's a rival. But he never really suffered from it. With TV and sponsor income u'll earn it back fast.

In FM15, Just out of fun sake,when I decided that I would no longer play after 2024, I payed CR7's release clause(1.12B), without going into debt. But I was Barca so he did not sign

Of course you didn't go into debt, the transfer didn't actually go through. Any club can offer that 1.12b release clause. Once you sign the player, then it is when your board will block it saying you don't have enough transfer funds.

60-80million.

I bought Neymar and Toni Kroos on FM15. - I had the option for Messi at 100million but I decided for the other two.

That left me with a line up of:

Neymar - Di Maria - Kroos - Mata - Nani.

Which I could jiggle around to be:

Neymar - Herrera - Kroos - Mata - Di Maria

Most ridiculous midfield I've had for a long while.

Relative to how much I have in the club's coffers, rather than the transfer budget, and how much I value the player at.

A previous FM needed a new world class LB between the age of 21-24 to be the main player for the next 8-10 years. Real Madrid had one and wanted (if I remember correctly) £125 million. Numerous negotiations, transfer clauses and talk to press options later and managed to get him on (my valuation) of £118 million including all the clauses.

So it's relative of how much I would spend. In my current game, never over £50K

I've built up a transfer budget of £200m+ over the course of a few seasons, through buying cheap, selling high, and promoting from the youth teams, but I can't ever see myself using it.

It's one thing to be able to break the world transfer record, but I'll probably end up breaking my wage structure too. The most I'll pay anyone is 150k pw - and that really is pushing it - and once one player's earning £200k+, everyone else is going to want that kind of money. It doesn't strike me as being financially sustainable in the long-term.

No, it is not that. I had a transfer budget of 1.2B and a Balance of 1.13B.

Note that I had won the La Liga, Copa del Rey, UEFA Champ League AND Fifa Clubs World Cup for 9 years running, and never bought any player for over 3M since 2017(when i got depay) and had a first team of 21 U23 players, the worst of whom were valued at 30M. Also was well below UEFA FFP(exactly equal to my transfer budget if I remember rightly). As a fact of matter, CR7 was at the time at man U.

All depends what club you're at. If you end up at a club that has massive financial resources, I've often found that you'll have to spend silly amounts. Both because the clubs know you have the money, and will demand more, and because you're presumably coming from a position where you have a very good squad already, so to improve them, you have to spend more.

So there isn't really an upper limit.

No fixed limit for me, always a matter of how much I have, how much I need the player and/or how much I want him.

That said, I'm yet to experience any situation in which I was ready to spend more than 40m Euros on any player and I usually buy cheap and young and sell for profit.

Archived