Tianxia - All Under Heaven for 16.2

Thanks dude,

I've been playing and testing a lot and can't find anything better so going to roll with it at least until the the next update (if there is one).

Concentrating on identifying exactly the right players to squeeze more out of the tactic and push me into the Champions League positions.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was there a Tweaked version of Tianxia, or just the normal one from the opening post?

Starting matches in the 2nd season: lost the Portuguese Super Cup vs Porto. won most other matches.

There were some suggestions for non league. Wouldnt apply to you :brock:

Thanks dude,

I've been playing and testing a lot and can't find anything better so going to roll with it at least until the the next update (if there is one).

Concentrating on identifying exactly the right players to squeeze more out of the tactic and push me into the Champions League positions.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it ;)

I had no budget so just played with what i had. I only used 21 players in the league all season. Still a few games left but only lost 3 in total so far.

The board and fans love me :)

Getting my hopes up there pal. I've always enjoyed the 4231 formation..

I normally avoid it as there's usually loads of them around, but as there's not much of anything around this year i will allow myself to use it ;)

I normally avoid it as there's usually loads of them around, but as there's not much of anything around this year i will allow myself to use it ;)

Yeah pretty much a ghost town around here nowadays. Even fansites seem more active, but that's for another discussion.

Look forward to any tactic you bring out, a portion of it is the top quality names you give them :applause:.

2nd season, 12 matches played, 2nd placed after Porto with 28 points vs 31 points. I had some pretty rough matches, especially in the CL where I was trashed by Spurs and Atlético.

I have some very good players, but I also have to many players at Benfica. I have almost 60 players loaned out at the moment. I haven't sold the lot yet, because my scout says they are good, or will be good, or are / will be excellent. That means a lot of players that have to be at a satellite team or loaned out to another and with a smaller squad left, still players that are not happy.

I am not sure about what players to keep or to sell and what players to have in my starting line-up.

So, long story short, my team is not performing at it's best and I have far too many players to choose from.

Glassy i think thats the ME, i did some research and it shows that the AI scores A LOT easier then the player owned teams.

Was it you who did the spreadsheets? I seem to have a mental image of spread sheets proving that.

Also have you brought it up anywhere else, seems to me to be a little bit more than just the way the ME is build, e.g. a bug

They're active alright, but flooded with average tactics claiming to be all conquering.

agree, none of the recent tactic is working with me. amazed at some of the postings about unbeaten and how good it is, whereas when i use it, it doesn't seem to work

Back to square one again.

4231 was ok but not better than the original 41221 so no point posting that up.

3rd season in the Prem, making steady progress 10th, 9th & currently 5th with 2 games to go.

However still can't average more than 1.5 goals scored per game.

The tactic is heavily influenced by using 'shoot less often' on attacking players to try and force them to play proper football and open teams up.

In reality were probably 'over playing' and allowing teams time to pack the penalty area.

Gonna run if for a few games with 'shoot less often' removed from front 5 and see what happens. Shot counts will likely go up but there will be a fair few longshots, which isnt all bad due to rebounds falling to your players as well as the odd shot finding the top corner.

3rd season in the Prem, making steady progress 10th, 9th & currently 5th with 2 games to go.

The tactic is heavily influenced by using 'shoot less often' on attacking players to try and force them to play proper football and open teams up.

In reality were probably 'over playing' and allowing teams time to pack the penalty area.

Gonna run if for a few games with 'shoot less often' removed from front 5 and see what happens. Shot counts will likely go up but there will be a fair few longshots, which isnt all bad due to rebounds falling to your players as well as the odd shot finding the top corner.

Do you have the modified for lower league version of the current tactic? Hope it will help turn my team around.

Thanks

Do you have the modified for lower league version of the current tactic? Hope it will help turn my team around.

Thanks

Lower league i would now suggest removing 'play out from the back', add 'pass into space' and remove 'shoot less often' from 'front 5'. Not tested myself, and a few people seem to be doing ok using the original but worth a go if your not getting anywhere.

Yeah i find that my players try to walk the ball into the 6 yard box at times.

They get into lovely crossing positions and then just stand with the ball and wait for a defender to close them down. Although I am in League 2 so players wont be as good!

Let us know how you get on in the National. I was using this tactic without the "LLM tweak", won the North easily, then first season in the National almost got into playoffs, but the third season it all fell apart. About 20 games played, I was on the brink of relegation zone and that was the end of the save.

Hey pal,

First season in Conference National and I set myself a target of reaching the play offs. Was looking nailed on for the title until I lost my 2 games in hand and ended up winning 3 and drawing 1 of my last 4 to grab 3rd spot - absolutely sailed through the play offs and comfortably won the final 3-1 against Bromley. 2 promotions in my first 2 seasons = happy days for me!! :lol:

I believe with FM16 a lot is to do with team talks, morale personal praise / criticism as this brought out some fantastic responses in the team and individuals. I do wonder what League 2 will bring me. I was very happy at achieving all this with a part time team. I turn FT in July which is goign to hamper my recruitment now as I can still only offer part time contracts until just before the season starts though. I will keep you posted.....

Lower league i would now suggest removing 'play out from the back', add 'pass into space' and remove 'shoot less often' from 'front 5'. Not tested myself, and a few people seem to be doing ok using the original but worth a go if your not getting anywhere.

Thanks i will give it a try!

Been using the formation for 8 seasons, done well with it up until now.....it just seems to be 'broken'.

I got relegated from the Prem with Notts County, was expected as the board had loaded the club with debt which made signing players a nightmare so when I surprisingly went up, I had no youth or reserve team.

Now life in the Champ is killing me. I have a decent side, decent enough to push for the top but I can't get a win or a series of wins going at all.

I'm in danger of losing the job and for me, will kill off the save.

The tactic just doesn't want to work anymore :(

https://www.mediafire.com/?9wtkx7itdpi428i

Tianxia 2.0

Tweaked version above.

Removed 'Shoot less often', from F9's, IF's and CM's.

Removed 'play out of defence' from Team Instructions.

Hard to prove it but i'd say the tactic is better with these tweaks.

Less frustrating to watch, slightly more direct whilst still dominating possession.

We're punishing teams when they overload in the last 10 minutes chasing a goal with much better counter attacks.

I'll be rolling with it from now on.

https://www.mediafire.com/?9wtkx7itdpi428i

Tianxia 2.0

Tweaked version above.

Removed 'Shoot less often', from F9's, IF's and CM's.

Removed 'play out of defence' from Team Instructions.

Hard to prove it but i'd say the tactic is better with these tweaks.

Less frustrating to watch, slightly more direct whilst still dominating possession.

We're punishing teams when they overload in the last 10 minutes chasing a goal with much better counter attacks.

I'll be rolling with it from now on.

Going to trial this with my league 1 Portsmouth team

Just a quick update on the trial of this tactic.

55FfT2m.png

The 2 league defeats were both due to having players sent off that hampered me and the cup defeat to Peterborough was just down to the tiredness of my players from the previous match only 4 days prior.

All in all I love the new tweaks.

I tried your new tactic fella, the one with the wide players set to inside forwards and it had an instantly positive effect. I went on a massive winning run and was clear ahead in the league, then again in the final 3rd of the season I was smashing teams all over the park and they would get 2-3 shots on goal and beat me. I went from 1st in the league to 3rd but some how managed to win the League Cup, FA Cup and CL in my 3rd season. Which is utterly ridiculous. The final 3rd of the season was all over the place though, look at this:

5c4faeabb17e01efaba568b1b27edf67.png

So as you can see, no complaints here. Managed to do the treble! With Spurs! If it wasn't for the ridiculous AI and the fact you can draw 0-0 or even lose 0-1 when you have 40 shots off target and 20 on target and the opposition can have none or one and manage a draw or 0-1 win then this tactic would be a Diablo tactic. Here's one of my favourite examples:

bbb82e4e179e239847f5f5589299b5e2.png

If that sort of thing was rare then fair enough, but this sort of thing happens regularly!

For scouts, I look for:

• Adaptability
  • Judging Player Ability
  • Judging Player Potential
  • Level of Discipline
  • Tactical Knowledge

Where I find Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential the most important.

This tactic definitely works for me, or better than any other.

Getting the key players or right one's for the roles helps (which is kind of obvious). Maybe the ME is less forgiving on just slotting in 'good' players at their position, but not necessarily their role than previously? You have to really think what kind of player you're asking to do which job.

I too go on nose-dive runs but I don't think that's anything to do with the tactic.

I don't think the ME is that pretty though, if something is not working it shows you creating many easy looking chances that just dink in to the keeper's hands, again that's not the tactic's fault?

But as I've built my squad concentrating on the attributes each role needs it's pretty enough to watch and definitely gets me results.

Thanks again Mr U Rosler, each version I prefer what you come up with more than anyone else and FM16 is no different (and I've tinkered a lot!).

I've abandoned version 2.0 and have gone back to the original version now.

Grrrrrr.

Interesting. I had tried the first version and didn't get it to work. I tried the 2.0 and have been very happy with it.

I've been doing ok in fm16 but I had to constantly look for new tactics and tweaks etc. I think this year's game demands constant fiddling, as small variances in tactics as well as personnel choices change quite a bit in the game. I think Tianxia is a good base and it's up to the manager to observe the games, even post match analysis AND the opponents. Even though it's much more demanding, I prefer this. The last couple of years I've had ridiculous success just plugging in your tactics. This year, I feel more like a manager than the football director :)

as previously posted I had made a few tweaks of my own including removing shoot less often before, with the addition of a faster defender and a more striker-like inside forward in the january transfer window, I'd really hit a stride, but then my problem was with getting far too many yellow cards, currently have two of my best players out with 2 and 3 match suspensions, that, and experimenting with removing get stuck in have halted my run of form, after 2-2 draws with 4th place ipswich and 1st place wolves, which are respectable results but we should've won, I then lost 1-0 at home to a relegation battling wigan and im currently 2-0 down at half time to an equally struggling MK dons.

So my main problems right now are finding a way to defend well but get less yellow cards

defend better from corners

squeeze a few more goals out of my team

Would also like to mention my top scorer is someone I initially brought in as a back up for an inside forward, turned out to be my best option for a false 9, he's currently out injured so another reason my form might be dipping

V2 definitely better for me as well, was struggling with Salford with the old version, took a new job with Accrington and the same issue.

Got sacked then took another job with Morecambe started using 2.0 and now i'm winning games comfortably, so great work with 2.0 Mr Rosler

Just a quick update on the trial of this tactic.

55FfT2m.png

The 2 league defeats were both due to having players sent off that hampered me and the cup defeat to Peterborough was just down to the tiredness of my players from the previous match only 4 days prior.

All in all I love the new tweaks.

I shall have to take it back a little....following the cup defeat, I went on a torrid run of form that cost me a play off place(maybe even automatic promotion). I shall see how I do in season 3 but may have to ditch V2

Last match of the season Sporting Lisbon draw, Porto draw and we (Benfica) won. Shame that I lost the championship by 1 point, so I finished 2nd. As I stated in pre-season that we would be champions again, my board was very disappointed...

Think of restarting again with full Football Manager instead of FM Touch, though I don't know yet which tactic I will be using for my next savegame. I want to choose between Fenech's Ultimate Doom, Tweebier's 1-2-2-3-3 and your Tianixia 2.0.

I must say it was fun to play the first season and always be 5-13 points in front of the competition and it was a very exciting 2nd season to be just 1-6 points behind Porto or Sporting.

What sort of impact have you been having Pompeyboyz with your changes?

I've only used what Mr Rosler did with v2. Started very well and then died a death. I am going to try LordAEM changes but need to know what he changed on the TI and PI

Archived