TESTUDO for FM16

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm just into pre season with Stalybridge in my 2nd season with this tactic. Finished 9th last year (predicted 21st) and I've took Mr Rosler's advice on board. Try and upgrade the striker and the wide midfielders. Squad looks a little stronger. Fingers crossed for maybe the playoffs this season. Bizarrely, I've made a profit throughout the season too.

Yeah you need to put him as a striker and then F9 for his role.

Mikenevo, is this is in the Testudo Standard or LL version, and did you only change the central midfielder of the 5 to a f9?

I am setting up a new game, and would like to try it with Evian in de Ligue 2 in France.

Ok Thanks so you play him next to the DLF? And what Duty do you put him on?

Thanks

Who should I give a new position?

mikenevo... you've taken the best tactic, and made it borderline perfect.

Played 10

Won 8

Lost 2 (1 in the league)

For 32

Against 10 (3 in one match to Villa in League Cup)

I'm Macclesfield in League 1.

Thanks :) I only made one simple change though so I can't really take any credit! Were you just using it in away matches because I use to original in home matches and this in away matches.

Mikenevo, is this is in the Testudo Standard or LL version, and did you only change the central midfielder of the 5 to a f9?

I am setting up a new game, and would like to try it with Evian in de Ligue 2 in France.

Who should I give a new position?

It's just the standard one because I'm using Manchester United. I've not looked at the LL version at all, so I don't know what the differences are, but if the formation is the same and you struggle in away matches, just do the same thing and see if it works. You remove the Central Midfielder (Atk) and put in another striker so that you have 2 and give him the False 9 role.

My feedback, for what its worth. Using the Standard (a) tactic. Im Crystal Palace and played about 14 games so far and I'm joint top with Arsenal (they have far better goal difference). Bolasie and Zaha are outstanding. Chamakh does ok upfront. Only lost twice, 2-1 to liverpool in the first game and then tore apart 6-1 by Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Mr U Rosler I have a question for you. I am using your tactic re premiership with slight variations and I am having a great deal of success so thank you. I have read extensively Cleon's stuff but I realise my understanding of football compared to some is very limited (even at my ripe old age)!

My question is how did you arrive at this tactic. It seems to deliver so much re possessions/shots and a winning formula. I am fascinated what the thinking behind it was. I would love to be able to create my own successful tactic but I suppose what I am looking for are any hints and tips you may have.

Thanks for the tactic, as it has, along with some great skins brought Fm16 to life for me. My beloved NUFC is doing considerably better in FM than RL!

:)

Hi Kazza,

Thanks for the interest.

There is no magic formula unfortunately.

I have no real world football experience (other than being an ex-Sunday League Right Back :lol:)

Basically its a lot of trial & error, generally you start to get a feel for what mentalities seem to work, then drill down a set a of team instructions, then comes formations & player roles and duties, sooner or later i find myself happy and stop tweaking before running it for a couple of seasons.

Like anything in life, experience counts for a lot and i've been doing this for a few years now which speeds the process up.

The danger is that creating tactics becomes the game, once i have a tactic i press on with my long term save now, i used to carry on making more and more tactics but its much harder now so i'm happy with one effective tactic per patch.

1st season in League 2.

4 games to go, back to back promotions a possibility.

Its very tight at the top, think i'll need 8 points from 4 games to go up automatically.

Have not really been able to strengthen this year due to poor cash flow, this league is real stretch for my squad, but picking up steady points and everyone is beating everyone.

N41xvAv.jpg

Quick question... what do you interpret as lower league? i.e., if you were rising through the divisions at what point should you switch to the standard tactic from the LL version. Thanks!

Good question that.

Not sure TBH.

I'm up into league 1 now, thinking i'll make the switch to Standard tactic in Championship.

3 Promotions in 5 seasons now, £0 transfer budget so will be rolling with same team in League 1 next season.

TLeTtTP.jpg

Mr U Rosler, what do you think to my tactic adjustment? Could possibly be worth adding to your links?

I've not used it TBH Mike, been making good progress with the 451.

Don't really want to confuse things, probably a few varients of the tactic that would work well, i'm sure a lot of people will read the thread and pick up and use your tweak if they prefer 442. :thup:

I've not used it TBH Mike, been making good progress with the 451.

Don't really want to confuse things, probably a few varients of the tactic that would work well, i'm sure a lot of people will read the thread and pick up and use your tweak if they prefer 442. :thup:

No worries, I just thought i'd mention it because it seems to have had really good feedback from people who've used it.

Early thoughts post patch, Lower League Version seems to be performing better than the standard for all teams.

Looks like i might have to come up with something new though.

To be fair I was finding this better with my Portsmouth Side in the Championship. But we are a weak side in the grand scheme of things.

Just finished my second season and I finished 14th P42 W14 D14 L14 so can't get more even than that! Not sure whether to stay with my favourite team. I do seem to get a lot of different job offers in this game from Scotland, Ireland and England. Some Conference National teams are interested in me but its the teams who are nailed on for relegation. However, they probably have more chance of getting straight back up with the infrastructure in place.

Started off with Basingstoke in the Vanarama South ten years on im in the championship through a combo of tactics, but once I added your lower league tactic in it really started to click, winning league 1 and currently in play off contention first season in the championship, but really struggling to survive, on crowds of 5000 (the max the staduim can be expanded to) and agents wanting 100k+ for contract renewals etc, anyone know how much the payment is at the end of the season in the championship?

@Mr U Rosler: how did you know if a player is good enough for the specific role? Eg. I have a player that is 3,5 stars for Left Midfielder, but only 2,5 stars for Wide Midfielder role. And I can't (or can I?) see that until I've bought him.

Thanks for suggestions ;)

if u scout them u can see that

Mr U Rosler, For lower league teams which role would you advice for the AMC as you don't really see players as Trequartista

The 'trequartista' is merely a set of instructions and behaviours you would like your player to follow given a 'fancy name'.

The same issues come up whenever you use a complete forward role.

As I will cover in a questions below, i largely ignore 'role suitability' as long as i'm happy myself the player can do the job.

@Mr U Rosler: how did you know if a player is good enough for the specific role? Eg. I have a player that is 3,5 stars for Left Midfielder, but only 2,5 stars for Wide Midfielder role. And I can't (or can I?) see that until I've bought him.

I ignore the role rating completely.

Use the positional rating and then make sure you yourself are happy with the attribute distribution for the role.

I've had great seasons from players apparently completely unsuited to the role i've given them.

You just have to be happy with the player being in that position. I have Jed Wallace in the right wide midfielder role and his rating is preety poor for it but he is still my top performer and had player of the month and runner up in consecutive months despite my team not doing all that great

It actually looks like the trequartisa role suitability function is broken.

Both mine show orange, but when i change to Enganche which is only 2 attributes different its green, and my players score highly in the 2 attribures that are different?

You can compare when you set individual traing to AMC and compare roles.

It actually looks like the trequartisa role suitability function is broken.

Both mine show orange, but when i change to Enganche which is only 2 attributes different its green, and my players score highly in the 2 attribures that are different?

You can compare when you set individual traing to AMC and compare roles.

Does that have any impact on the tactic itself?

My feedback after finishing the first season with Crystal Palace in 7th place. I used the standard Testudo but did go on a terrible run of 2 wins from 12, which ended my (unrealistic) title hope, then switched to the Lower league version with the Treq after the patch, which saw my results improve. Main problems were keeping Bolasie and Zaha fit, both keys players. Striker is priority in the summer, eyes on Woodrow at the moment.

Been enjoying updated ME.

Even on key highlights there are periods of total domination within some games for one side.

Just played Rotheram and they had us pinned in our own half for 20 minutes, highlight after highlight but we held firm before eventually getting them on the counter.

Goals change games and i went from thinking we were going to be on the end of a hammering to winning 3-0.

Very satisfying.

Post patch, after moving to the 4411 i would say my form has been maintained or possibly slightly improved.

With 2 games to go i'm 1 point off a play off spot in League 1, in the unlikely event of promotion it would be 3 in a row.

Sounds daft but i'm not sure i'm ready to go up, the Clubs infra structure is lagging miles behind and the squad shouldn't even be competitive in League 1.

I'm desperate to make the play offs though for the extra cash, especially from a Wembley final.

My feedback after finishing the first season with Crystal Palace in 7th place. I used the standard Testudo but did go on a terrible run of 2 wins from 12, which ended my (unrealistic) title hope, then switched to the Lower league version with the Treq after the patch, which saw my results improve. Main problems were keeping Bolasie and Zaha fit, both keys players. Striker is priority in the summer, eyes on Woodrow at the moment.

Get Zach Clough! Should be well within your price range :)

Archived