FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

Batman86

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone offer me some tactics advice please?

I'm in season 1 with United in October and having some LVG style results with almost as many wins as draws and defeats.

I'm trying to play more like the classic United way with fast attacking football but I've made a few mistakes so far which have seen me loose to Lazio, Stoke & Seville while drawing with West Brom and Watford at home.

I've listed too much to one of the coaches who after a defeat told me to make about ten changes so I did. I now realise it's probably better to go back to basics and have two or three key instructions and adjust in the match from there.

What I'd like to know is how can I get my team back on track with more classic United tactics? I'm about to go into the likes of City, Liverpool (twice) and Arsenal fixtures now and need a good run to save my job.

I've seen on here some people getting great results so obviously I'd like to reach that level but right now we're languishing in tenth in the league. How do I go from where I am now to this level?

Thanks

Does anyone else see these saves with 100-game unbeaten runs and win-every-game seasons and think, "Yeah, okay"?

Could anyone a few years into the save post a pic of Shaw's stats? I'm interested to see how much he actually improves.

I went 57 games unbeaten over 2 seasons... nearly a year unbeaten then lost 4 in a row...

I'm undergoing a mass clear out, at the start of the game, investing mainly in youth, selling off some of the older players.

Will probably do an update, with screenshots, at some point this week.

Sure mate:

X7ufRA.png

Thats my basic set up but tbh it changes on a match to match basis, the roles and duties depend on the match, the opposition and obviously the player but thats basically how i line it up, theres a few screenshots of my team instructions a little further up the page if you wanted a bit more detail if it helps at all.

You say youre losing the love for it this year may i ask why? is there something you're specifically struggling with? the most irritating thing i find with this version is the number of times the oppositions keeper will have a man of the match performance against you regardless whether they are even actually any good! at times it feels like you need to have 30 shots just to scored twice where as the opposition will score that many from 5 with vastly inferior players.

What are you team instructions? I'm curious as to how the 2 F9 operate together

I was tempted as his stats look really good, but Young has surprising done really well for me, might go in for him when young fades a bit. Anyone bought Ward-Prowse? Intrigued to know how he progresses and if he is a good addition?

so got fed up with rubbish away performances, and quickly threw this tactic together to keep defence tight and work from there

won 3-2.. but should have been 4 or 5.. they scored the first goal from a direct free kick. They were being destroyed on counter attacks, think of it as Leicester style get the ball out to the wingers sort of thing

05B280B88F249EABF4E7791C0A84B824E86F57CA

5 woodwork :lol:

and rare no bookings

02D42CDF18484C7DD69EB0850F20249C419CB11F

D2590307C53FDE411F4A3DE915C502E4F7B0A035

Finally managed to fire up a save on the new update, wanted some opinions on which right sided inside forward I should go for.

Narrowed it down to Yarmolenko (21.5m) and Volland (20m upfront + 6m in clauses).

There may well be better players individually for around the same outlay but these both have the pace, are left footed (no I'm not LvG) and most importantly have the workrate to fit my high intensity system.

Yarmolenko looks the more rounded player, though he does have three years on Volland. However the latter is also a great fit for the lone striker role, a position that will need filling once I manage to offload Rooney, and with Januzaj and Mata both options at AMR I'm leaning towards the German.

Anyone used either player in the game who could weigh in with an opinion? Yarmolenko was great for me pre-16.3 after a slow start.

Finally managed to fire up a save on the new update, wanted some opinions on which right sided inside forward I should go for.

Narrowed it down to Yarmolenko (21.5m) and Volland (20m upfront + 6m in clauses).

There may well be better players individually for around the same outlay but these both have the pace, are left footed (no I'm not LvG) and most importantly have the workrate to fit my high intensity system.

Yarmolenko looks the more rounded player, though he does have three years on Volland. However the latter is also a great fit for the lone striker role, a position that will need filling once I manage to offload Rooney, and with Januzaj and Mata both options at AMR I'm leaning towards the German.

Anyone used either player in the game who could weigh in with an opinion? Yarmolenko was great for me pre-16.3 after a slow start.

Just got Yarmolenko for my United team in January of the first year.....Class!

image.jpg

upload a gif

Tempted, actually trying to find websites that do a good in-depth tactical analysis of Sir Alex's tactics. Unfortunately, there isn't any, because the media and analysts appear to have convinced themselves he was crap at that and just motivated everyone to win. -_-

Look on YouTube for a guy calling himself 'The Reckonist'. He's got a few videos as United manager playing 442 the fergie way. His tactics are also available on steam.

Obvious to me Football manager is in on the campaign to have Giggs replace Van gaal...its a conspiracy.
If they replace Van Gaal with Giggs then theyll end up in league 2 or worse. No real experience. He would struggle I think.

If they replace Van Gaal with Giggs then theyll end up in league 2 or worse. No real experience. He would struggle I think.

I think he would do well, he knows what changes to make no doubt already in his mind of who needs to go already. Plus he would have Ferguson's backing along with support and advice on the running of the club/training and then buying and selling of players throughout his reign. With him being a player/staff for the last 25 years I think he would be like Ferguson and get the time to get them gelled after all Van Gaal has pretty much ****ed up onevery inch of the running of the club so far and spent £200+ million in two seasons and most have been flops big ones, I thought Di Maria was a mistake ofa sale though he needed more time and to be played in more of a familiar position.

Continued from post #547

Here is after 2nd season:

dr6zb9.png

17a4w7.png

A walkthrough how the season goes:

The tactics/formations was 4-4-2, I changed a bit more from my first season save. Attacking mentality.

------------------------------------De Gea(GK def)----------------------------------

--M.Fernandes(FB sup)--Smalling(CD def)--------Zouma(BPD cov)-------Shaw(FB sup)-

------------------------------------------Bazoer(CM def)----------------------------

----------------------Lemar(CM sup)------------------------------------------------

-Reus(WP att)-------------------------------------------------------Malcom(W sup)-

-----------------Rooney(DF sup)-----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Morata(CF att)------------------------------

Some highlights of the matches I won were 4-2 away Manchester derby, 5-2 away at Swansea, brilliantly won 3-0 at Santiago Bernabeu in Champions League Semi 1st leg against the superstars, and penalty shoot out win over Newcastle in the FA cup final.

We won 4-3 away in a nerve-wrecking match at Stamford bridge in the Champions League QF 1st leg, where Morata earned his hat-trick on the 92mins after we lost a man down on red card.

My biggest challenge was against Roberto Mancini and Brendan Rodgers. Both of them played 4-3-1-2 formations and it was hard to counter theirs. They gain more posssesions and created more chances and attackings and it was hard for me to stopped them.

Last game of the season was where I let AssMan Roy Keane took charge in Champion's League final against Juventus. We won 4-1 at Millenium Stadium. Rooney and Barbosa score a brace each.

Memphis Depay scored 31 goals, top scorer in BPL. Anthony Martial scored 20 goals, Alvaro Morata with 22 goals and Gabriel Barbosa 24 goals in a season.

I was very impressed with Thomas Lemar's goals. He scored 7 beautiful long shots.

Reus, Memphis, Morata and Barbosa were constant performers. Zivkovic, Carillo, Gimenez, Pjanic and Malcom played rotations. And they were brilliant, with top qualities.

Season ends:

2v3j6l4.png

The 2017/18 transfers:

2j17lax.png

I have decided to sell Reus (I know he's been brilliant for the team), Darmian, Herrera and Smalling. U know, I'm trying to concentrate on youths. Intend to bring up few of my U21 team players: Tielemans, Diakhate, Mammana and Passlack.

Intend to sell Fellaini and Pjanic.

I have 383 million in the bank and I don't know what to do. LOL. But my wish is bring in more top youths for the future.

If u guys have any young players to recommend, let me know. I'm starting my 3rd pre-season now.

Cheers...

T.B.C.

Has anyone managed to get the board to agree to a stadium expansion? If they have what size stadium did you get and how much more money did the club bring in from gate receipts?

On my save Old Trafford is being expanded from 75,635 to 91,635. Last season my highest gate receipts was £2.4m and the club brought in £27.7m in total.

I'd like to know if the board uses some of the extra income to pay off the loans or whether they let me spend it!

deadline day signings ftw \o/

F317C343BF2E317B0C8B8EB1A76529F38B29D817

will help me when i play 4-4-2 as the player who play wide midfield are not the best in that position

looking for a backup Right back.. tried Rodriguez at Wolfsburg, but his Agent is a pain in the butt, so didn't get him.

42DC1735492FFC9A247D9CF72A7625C1AD1C70BD

found this guy in the list of left backs, loads of development room, loaned him out anyway so I can assess.

Has anyone got any experience/thoughts on Gundogan. I've managed to get an offer accept for £21M for him with £130k wages, whilst Herrera may be on his way out to juventus at the same time for more money. Don't really which of the two I should go for and I think I'd probably be happy with either as it stands.

Currently got Pogba and Schweinsteiger in the two CM roles with Schneiderlin having a stormer of a season so far at CDM behind them.

Archived