My Development thread for FM15 - Let's get to work.....

I'm still currently using the more attacking 4-1-3-2 as a basis for what I changed into the 4-4-2 (same defensive set-up & instructions, generally followed the same principle with midfield and CF-Support front men) but a few games in and here's the result:

leaguetable_zpsf5cefbd1.png

Angel Di Maria has 15 assists in the league in 8 appearances.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would U be able to share some details Santy? I'm going to give Roslers a go, but I always prefer wingers, and really struggling right now to get them going!

I assume, you moved, DM and 1 MC to mL/R, as wide mid? Or Wingers?

Once again, thanks for this thread, bout the only thing keeping me sane is that other people seem to be able to have some success on this ME

That said, having gone back to the attacking version of Roslers tactic from post 99 but with a roaming play maker rather than deep (suits the CM I have available for that role a lot more) it's working quite well. So far 55-60% possession and around 500 passes per game so its retaining the ball well but still pushing forward.

An initial thing I'm seeing is that perhaps crosses have swung a bit too far back the other way, crosses aren't being defended any better than before but keepers are stopping the shots which doesn't look too realistic to see keepers plucking shots out of the air with ease that looked destined for the top corner. I watched Derby have a series of magnificent crosses against me in a cup game which De Gea saved with ease.

I haven't tried on the latest patch that just came out, but I have been having good luck with a 3rd division Norwegian team using the basic formation 4-1-3-2.

GK: GK(d)

DR: CWB(a)

DC: DC(d)

DC: DC(d)

DL: CWB(a)

DM: BWM(d) Sometimes I play with a Regista instead

CMR: BBM(s)

CM: AP(a)

CML: CM(s)

STR: DLF(s)

STL: AF(a)

The big difference from Rosler's original is I play Very Structured and Defensive. TIs are Short Passing, Play Narrow, Stick to Positions, Be More Disciplined, Drop Deeper.

I don't win every game, but for a team that was supposed to get relegated out of Division 3 I am 4th place and competitive every game. Again, haven't tried it with the very latest patch, but I think it will help because most of the goals I gave up were from crosses and it appears that is better now.

Just throwing out an idea!

New patch has changed a lot.

Back to drawing board for now.

Yes, since installing the patch 15.3 i have had a 5-1 defeat from stoke, 4-4 against chelsea and now just suffered a 7-2 defeat against swansea, was doing quite well before the patch aswell with my newcastle team

I've yet to try the new patch (time zone issues) but I think a bit of short term pain is worth it, although based on the description doesn't look like near post corners are fixed, they bug me. Lost 5-4 last night with 4 AI goals near post corners!

Guess it's back to trying out some of my own tax until Rosler figures it out!

After a couple of false starts i've got West Brom firing.

Early days but we've created more chances than every opponent we've faced which is a good sign with West Brom considering we've played some tough teams.

Lots of long shots, could add 'work ball into box' but the tactic is working well so i'm reluctant to change.

Not normally as bad as this, and we've been creating 4 or 5 clear cut chances in most games, but this is against Man City.

Putting our attack to one side we've restricted City to 1 half chance in 120 minutes.

cI14E66.png

H5FgdxA.png

Will plough on later to see how it goes longer term.

If you want any testing on the early release I'd be more than happy do some lower league testing (can't be worse than my own!)

Will see how it goes, will probably finish testing and they'll release another update and i'll have to start all over again :mad:

Following your 4132 with intrigue Mr Rosler. I was always rubbish on FM until I developed a 4132 on FM12 which was incredible. Got Fleetwood up the Premier League, dominatedEngland and Europe with Arsenal, then rescued my team Exeter from certain relegation to the Conference before returning to Arsenal.

I've struggled to replicate it on recent games without the sliders so may use some of your ideas. Keep up the good work!

Will see how it goes, will probably finish testing and they'll release another update and i'll have to start all over again :mad:

I hope not! I'm eagerly awaiting your release so i can kick on with my main save file! After Grasshoppers last year i wont do my career justice without your tactics.

Following your 4132 with intrigue Mr Rosler. I was always rubbish on FM until I developed a 4132 on FM12 which was incredible. Got Fleetwood up the Premier League, dominatedEngland and Europe with Arsenal, then rescued my team Exeter from certain relegation to the Conference before returning to Arsenal.

I've struggled to replicate it on recent games without the sliders so may use some of your ideas. Keep up the good work!

I do remember my 4132 on FM12, all 3 central midfielders were 'Box to Box', it worked a treat. I've tried it on every version of the match engine since and its never worked again :D

Bit of a mixed bag for me this time out as I've had a hard time getting the most recent incarnation working, but quite why I couldn't say. Just seems to be calamitous goals scored very late on against me, usually holding a 1 or 2 goal lead which will collapse quite quickly in later stages. Just a series of strange deflections etc which don't seem to be tactical issues. After 10 games with only victory in the capital one cup I called time on that save with Stoke but all the strikers were scoring well (including Bojan, who I hadn't really seen manage scoring regularly before on this FM) but yea, the last 20 minutes of games were destroying me and I'm not quite sure why, player conditions were deteriorating quickly to the point of being mid 60% conditions by the end of most games which may have something to do with it.

Bit of a mixed bag for me this time out as I've had a hard time getting the most recent incarnation working, but quite why I couldn't say. Just seems to be calamitous goals scored very late on against me, usually holding a 1 or 2 goal lead which will collapse quite quickly in later stages. Just a series of strange deflections etc which don't seem to be tactical issues. After 10 games with only victory in the capital one cup I called time on that save with Stoke but all the strikers were scoring well (including Bojan, who I hadn't really seen manage scoring regularly before on this FM) but yea, the last 20 minutes of games were destroying me and I'm not quite sure why, player conditions were deteriorating quickly to the point of being mid 60% conditions by the end of most games which may have something to do with it.

City test is going pretty well after a couple of early set backs, mainly as i was using the Home tactic Away at weaker/mid table teams before i realised that was not a good idea. Away games against anyone are not to be underestimated. Hope to get the tactic up tomorrow.

AI teams seem to be overloading with 10 or 15 mins to go if they are losing.

Defensively its been really good, only conceded 11 league goals after 19 games with City, 6 of them from corners :mad:

West Brom conceded at just over a goal a game but that included a couple of 5-0 hammerings away at the big boys (those games are a nightmare with a small team unless you can encourage complacency) so we actually had a good number of clean sheets.

Dont know if its specific to this formation or game wide but not creating a lot of clear cut chances, normally between 2-4 a game with City. But we're consistently getting 20+ shots away a game and thats been over 40 a couple of times so just by by hammering away we've been scoring a fair few.

Sounding good Mr Rosler!

Would that be tomorrow morning or evening for the tactics potentially being uploaded?

Looking forward to using them on my Blackburn FMC save I started during beta.

In my third season & still in the championship but have massively reduced my wage bill & started to pay off the massive debt we have focusing on youth products.

Hoping the tactic(s) will get me to the premier league & debt free sooner rather than later

Sounding good Mr Rosler!

Would that be tomorrow morning or evening for the tactics potentially being uploaded?

Looking forward to using them on my Blackburn FMC save I started during beta.

In my third season & still in the championship but have massively reduced my wage bill & started to pay off the massive debt we have focusing on youth products.

Hoping the tactic(s) will get me to the premier league & debt free sooner rather than later

Working tomorrow so will be evening, bit of a big write up to do as usual!

AVQWouL.png

On a nice unbeaten run with City.

Season coming to a climax, picked up League Cup, still in the other 3 competitions, Top of the league but not much breathing space.

Not a spectacular tactic in terms of goalscoring but a real 'grinder', great for putting runs together.

I've been able to get it working with larger teams but tried again with Stoke today to see if I could get closer to what you did with West Brom.

fixtures_zpsaa8a3ee0.png

As you can see, its going catastrophic. The long shots don't seem to be happening for me, only 2 long shots against Everton, 0 against Southampton, 0 against Leicester, 2 against Hull, 3 against Arsenal, 4 against West Brom and 4 against Man City.

I've been able to get it working with larger teams but tried again with Stoke today to see if I could get closer to what you did with West Brom.

fixtures_zpsaa8a3ee0.png

As you can see, its going catastrophic. The long shots don't seem to be happening for me, only 2 long shots against Everton, 0 against Southampton, 0 against Leicester, 2 against Hull, 3 against Arsenal, 4 against West Brom and 4 against Man City.

Its plays different than any of the tactics i've put up so far. Will be interesting to see how you get on with Stoke when its ready.

I've managed to resolve the long shot issues as well.

My left back clearly fancies himself as a Centre Back :lol:

Have exactly the same, defensiver Wingers tend to close down opposite midfielder leaving a massive gap behind. Stay wider and close down less as PI helped a bit.

I think SI is aware that this happens due to poor ME.

Archived