FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 9: 2023/24 Ligue 2

ac637648bc6f429c5e93321fad22e912.png

Really not promotion form material in our last 6 games but despite losing 3 we still managed to go up and finish 2nd. The 4-0 win over Chamois Niortais was a big win especially as we'd just lost to CS Sedan Ardennes, we did go into the game against Stade Brestois having to win after failing to get anything from our game against Clermont Foot, but it ended up being a pretty comfortable victory. Ultimately as I said in a previous update the quality in this league this year was pretty poor really, we weren't great this season nor as good/consistent as I would have liked but the rest were just as poor/worse which resulted in us getting to go up.

d1dae6d03501272a566b429021373232.png

Transfers

Only notable departure was Rojas to Tours FC, was a first team player that could have made the step up to Ligue 1 probably but at the time cheaper replacements were easy to come by and we needed the money really. Timothy Agu came in on a free to replace him and did well enough. Chaibi was a decent rotation/back-up striker, Marchand was a decent rotation/back-up CB/DM but i'm not sure how happy he is to sit on the bench long term. Samuel Ally came in and did a great job at CB, Jean-Jacques Boumal did well as a first team/rotation CM/CAM option. Nacer Barazite turned out to be a waste of a signing really, was very rarely fit and did pretty **** whenever he did play. Cesar Pavon the loan signing in January was great when fit, was signed on a BOSMAN/free and will be with us again next season.

Squad pt 1, Squad pt 2 =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]

Moussa Diallo was once again the stand out player, the 21 year old managed 10 assists and 20 goals from 42 starts, he also bagged himself numerous end of season awards including Ligue 2 Player of the Year. Cesar Pavon came in on loan from Atletico Madrid C and did a great job, ending up with 9 goals and 5 assists from 14 games, as said above we've secured him on a free transfer for next season. Bebeto Basilua and new signing Samuel Ally had decent seasons at CB. Abderrahmane Aichour did well at CM, as did his Algerian compatriot Ahcene Ziane at LB. Alpha Mbaye had another injury hit season, but did manage 11 goals and 4 assists from his 29 appearances, only 20 of them actual starts.

Finances

They don't look great at the moment but when all the Ligue 1 money kicks in we should be fine.

Ligue 1 Expectations

I'm not really too sure what to expect from Ligue 1 really, we've never beaten a Ligue 1 side in a cup competition but we have given a couple of them very close scares a few times. My main concern is how weak Ligue 2 was this season and that we could potentially found out a lot even by mid-table/relegation battling sides even when we do strengthen in the summer. Since the game started PSG have won 9 of the 11 titles, with Lyon and Monaco both getting one each. I expect to be outclassed by those 3 sides, PSG especially, but hoping we can avoid regular high losses to any other sides in the division.

One other cause for concern is our stadium. Our capacity is 13,966 with just 7,166 of this being seated. Ligue 1 regulations state that the minimum Stadium Seating capacity is 17,000 - our entire ground doesn't even cover that, let alone our seating capacity :D I assume long term they're going to have to build a new stadium as I can't see us being able to expand the stadium to the point of having 17,000 seats, perhaps they can but I think long term we're going to be in a new stadium. Obviously we'll be in Ligue 1 so can expect higher crowds but we actually only averaged even this season a crowd of 3,802 - we only managed 7,392 when we were drawn at home to Marseille in the French Cup last year and that's by far our record crowd. I assume we'll be ground sharing with another club that has a stadium that big in the mean time, the most logical one geographically would surely be Bordeaux - although who knows what might happen. That definitely seems like the most likely option though.=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2019/20    National    3rd       7th Round     N/A                 N/A       Promoted to Ligue 2! 
2020/21    Ligue 2    15th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A       N/A
2021/22    Ligue 2     9th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A       N/A
2022/23    Ligue 2     5th       8th Round     4th Round           N/A       N/A
2023/24    Ligue 2     2nd       10th Round    3rd Round           N/A       Promoted to Ligue 1!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

logo.png

Pau FC - Youth Academy

Ahcene Ziane, 23, D/WBRL

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

Season    Division   Appearances  Assists  Goals   MOTM  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   National      31           4       0      0
2018/19   National      37           2       1      2
2019/20   National      33           5       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       37           1       0      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       39           2       0      2
2022/23   Ligue 2       40           4       0      1
2023/24   Ligue 2       43           8       0      2
Total                  260          26       1      7    

International: 
Algeria U20: 4 caps, 1 goals

Summary: A good season for the Algerian LB, will be interesting to see if he can make the step up to Ligue 1. At worst long term he could probably be a rotation/back-up option for both full back positions.

Kevin Haller, 23, DC/DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=22"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

End of Season 8 Profile

2017/18   National      12           1       0      0
2018/19   National      39           2       0      0
2019/20   National      26           1       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       35           0       1      1
2021/22   Ligue 2       36           0       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2       36           1       1      1
2023/24   Ligue 2       37           1       1      0
Total                  221           6       7      3    

Summary: Decent season for the DM, obviously picked up his token 1 month injury again.

Abderrahmane Aichour, 21, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

2017/18   National      1            0       0      0
2018/19   National     25            2       4      2
2019/20   National     36            2       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2      32            3       6      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      40            3       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2      39            3       7      3
2023/24   Ligue 2      41            6       4      2
Total                 214           19      21      8    

International:
Algeria U20: 14 caps, 0 goals

Summary: An even better season for Aichour this season, hoping he can make the step up to Ligue 1 next season.

Karim Amroune, 22, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=18"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=23"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
2018/19   National      3            0       0      0
2019/20   National     18            1       3      1
2020/21   Ligue 2      25            1       2      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      29            3       1      0
2022/23   Ligue 2      45            4       0      0
2023/24   Ligue 2      34            5       0      1
Total                 156           14       6      3    

International:
Algeria U20: 4 Caps, 0 Goals

Summary: Decent enough season, didn't feature as regularly this season due to better alternatives - in Ligue 1 I can see him appearing even less and being much more of a back-up player. I'm not sure how happy/patient he'll be about this.

Gerard Vincent, DRC/DM, 21

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=15"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=25"]End of Season 2 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

2018/19   National      4            0       0      0
2019/20   National     21            3       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       7            0       0      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       2            0       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2       3            0       0      0
2023/24   Ligue 2      15           0       0      0
Total                  52            3       1      1    

Summary: His versatility saw him feature a bit this season, primarily at RB. I don't see a long term future for him here as anything apart from rotation/back-up, i'm happy to keep him as a utility player if he's happy to not play that often.

Others

• Lillian Gauthier saw 2 starts in the cup and 1 sub appearance in the league, not sure if he'll make it even as a back-up player, he's at that kind of age where he'll want to start playing regularly and unless I can sort a loan out he wont be.
  • Mamadou Diouf is somehow still here, 2 more appearances for him this season but he will finally be off on a free transfer in the summer.
  • Yanis Bats continued to be an emergency back-up/utility man, making just 1 sub appearance all season.
  • Armel Kabasele saw a start in the cup, he's replaced Bastian Bonnell as the most promising CAM in the Academy, still not thaaat great though.
  • Patrick Yidikes saw one sub appearance in the French Cup, he's got some nice stats and could potentially make it here in midfield.

Alumni

• Vincent Jardin played 10 times for Olympiakos this season, scoring twice and getting 4 assists. They then listed him for loan in January and despite my interest he went to Ligue 1 side Bordeaux instead, who only gave him 3 games ffs. Who knows what will be in store for Jardin next year, will Olympiakos finally start using him regularly? Another Ligue 1 loan? Maybe a return to Pau finally?
  • Sami Denis is still playing regularly for Genets Anglet in the CFA

Paul - Congrats on the promotion! Maybe Olympiakos have just been developing Jardin in preparation for his glorious return to Pau in Ligue 1?

Romanista1994 - Good luck for the new season, I can see you in Europe!

I'm not so sure, we've been terribly inconsistent so far this season, although I have now agreed our most exciting foreign signing since Ebwelle, Da Ros and Carlinhos. Meet Chilean youth international Nelson Delgado, who will be joining us when the January window opens. He is fairly consistent, enjoys big matches and has a good personality and thus perfectly fits the mould of foreign player I am looking to bring in. In addition to this, my assistant manager thinks he has the potential to be a star Super League player. This does bring us up to 6 foreign players, so I may look to move on one of the others (probably Zlomislic who has now been relegated to backup defensive midfielder, although I might cash in on Ebwelle who has been with his national team for the past month or so) as I want our foreign players to be stars for the team rather than being consistently out of the team, which at least one of them would be due to the match-day squad rules. January 2022 could be an exciting one for the supporters of Batman Petrolspor.

A quick question, guys. :) The OP says FMC is an option, but I don't really see anyone using it. Would this challenge completed on FMC still be recognized?

I would assume so- the rules state you can choose either one it seems. Maybe send him a PM if you're not sure, but I'd say you're fine if you were to use FMC.

3251c274e3b07fc074797899cb44d1c4.png

Well that explains that then. I'm a little confused by what our maximum capacity will be during the 12 months the expansion is being made.

061963f31803b167d0281f39d58d8353.png

So i'm not sure if this means during the work we'll have 11,725 - 2,241 which would be - 9,484. Or if Ligue 1 only lets you have seating, in which case it would be 5,877 - 2,241 which would mean 3,636 as our maximum capacity - despite this barely being different to our average attendance last season we will still lose a **** load of money from lost gate receipts if we're only able to have 3,636 people at our games this season.

Also...

d1d854f34a209be07eaebdc0e7eb84bd.png

:(

robur.jpg

Takeover News

As the headline indicates, in late August Siena were taken over by new investors. A rumour had surfaced earlier in the summer, but nothing further came of it. However just as I was looking to finalise the signings of four trialists I was placed under a transfer embargo. Two days later on the 27th August the consortium completed the deal and I had new owners. I have had the usual ‘chairman looking to bring in new manager’ message but for now he has invested over £3 million into the club which has improved our finances further.

What it did mean was that 4 days later as the transfer deadline passes I am still unable to complete signings whilst Mr Barilli considers whether I will keep my job. The 4 signings fell through and I think 3 have since signed for other clubs, which is frustrating given they’d likely have been first team starters. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that firstly I keep my job and that secondly I can bring other free transfers in of a similar quality to those I wanted to sign.

rlipscombe - That is a lot of money in the lower leagues and in your second season, enjoy playing around with it!

cheers. i think my transfer budget is about £1 million but with the transfer embargo i couldn't spend until January even if i wanted to. i've only ever signed frees or loans so far anyway. i just hope he lifts the embargo soon so i can sign dsome of my free transfer targets before other clubs pounce again.

Interesting little twist for us in Erzurum during the winter transfer window. Baris Ustun was plucked away from us by Akhisar as they fight to avoid plunging from the Super League all the way to League 2 in two seasons. Why Ustun chose to join them given the difference in our positions I have no idea but so be it. His replacement...Huseyin Avcu, back with us on loan. He was only too happy to return. Leave us a bit lacking for goal scoring from out central midfielders, but we should be rock solid on defense.

i'n thinking maybe Italy or Germany not quite sure

There is a lot of money in Germany once you are in the top two divisions and the fact there are no signing restrictions or need to gain work permits etc. is handy. As for Italy I don't know too much apart from co-ownership is really confusing :p

There is a lot of money in Germany once you are in the top two divisions and the fact there are no signing restrictions or need to gain work permits etc. is handy. As for Italy I don't know too much apart from co-ownership is really confusing :p
thanks bud decided to do Germany holidaying now will post once i have my team

So my chosen team is FC Viktoria Köln

Neue_Viktoria_zps3323d477.png

Club Profile - professional team with high ambitions.

General Info -SC Fortuna Köln our rivals so be looking to beat them when we play.

Squad- looks quite decent hope don't mess it up.

Domestic Leagues History1

Domestic Leagues History2- the team has not been in top flight so hope i can guide them there.

Manager Profile- going for a 4 4 2 diamond narrow formation as my default formation.

Manager information- set my playing level right down to the lowest possibly.

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2024/25 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile

Manager Info

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

Once again, Portugalete improved and moved from fifth place to fourth and our first-ever Champion's League berth. Perhaps it was because the season began on my 37th birthday, though I'm more inclined to believe that my youngsters are finally coming of age and performing consistently. We were fourth-placed in goals scored and had a respectable number of goals conceded. I made minor changes to my in-game instructions later in the season- I switched to a higher defensive line, which helped out a lot. Still, we were typically out-possessed and almost always out-shot by our opponents.

COPA DEL REY/SUPERCOPA

Results

The board upped their expectations for the Copa del Rey, now expecting us to reach the quarterfinal. We met that expectation, but Athletic Club (eventual finalists) barely beat us.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Group J table

Results

Like last year, we were not expected to get out of the group stage. We didn't dominate our group as we had last season, but still managed to get out. We got lucky in the first knockout round draw and defeated Standard Liege, though we probably should have won by more. For the next knockout round we drew Lille and just got by them as well, before Inter Milan dispatched us in the Quarter Final. We didn't play badly against Inter, and we may well have been able to reach the semis if not for a number of injuries.

Best Eleven (4-2-3-1 wide, 2DM):

Goalkeeper

Bobby van Putten- Bobby is growing into a world-class goalkeeper. He has showed continued improvement, and he made some spectacular saves. He's only 19 and already has seven caps with the Dutch national team.

Defense

Gary Baldwin (DR/DL)- Did well for us on both sides of the defense. Really hoping he can continue to improve and reach the world-class potential my scouts claim he has.

Guillermo Serrano (DC/DM/MC)- Did very well in the heart of our defense. His height and strength are invaluable.

Eugene Maa Boumsong (DC)- Had his best season ratings-wise since we were in Liga Adelante. He and Serrano make for a dominant defensive pair.

Konstantin Belousov (DL/DC)- Our best left defender, and he did what he had to over there. Unfortunately, he found himself on the injury table an astonishing six times over the season. Due to his injury proneness, I may have to replace him soon.

Midfield

Boris Feigenwinter (DM/MC, Fans' Player of the Year)- He was bought last year but didn't debut for us until this year due to a clause in his transfer that saw him loaned to Zurich for one more season. He played extremely well for us as a regista, and broke Stokholm's run as the fans' favorite. Already rated as a wonderkid and hopefully a star for many years to come.

Rodrigo Cartes (DM/MC)- Played as both an anchor man and a regista. Had another solid season.

Florin Muntean (AMR/MR)- Had another good year on the right wing, but suffered a broken leg in our second half match to Real Madrid and missed much of the latter part of our campaign.

Steffen Stokholm (AMC/MC/ST)- Played very well once again, but missed a number of matches due to injuries or fatigue. Hoping he can stay healthy because, when he is, he's still incredible.

Petar Dimitrov (AML/ML)- Played well, albeit inconsistently. I still see a place in the team for him, but I wouldn't mind bringing in somebody who can play more consistently.

Forwards

Bjornar Lynum- Played very well and scored a lot. But, because I have tons of money, I spent big on a world-class striker who will be coming in next year. Still, Lynum won't be leaving, but poor Inaki Altamira is now fading into obscurity.

TRANSFERS

Again, I refrained from making major changes despite it being a goal of mine. Brought in more prospects and Gareth Bale came in on loan; he did well but retired at the end of the season.

FINANCES

Still financially very healthy. We also made more money than ever from ticket sales due to our new stadium; we haven't sold it out yet, but with the Champion's League on the horizon and potential gains to our reputation, that's only a matter of time. Our facilities went up again and I immediately asked for further improvements which will finish during next season.

GOALS FOR 2025/26

- TITLE CHALLENGE?!: The board is expecting a title challenge. I don't know if we're quite ready for that, but I'll do my best.

- ENJOY THE RIDE: Because it's our first run in the Champion's League, I don't expect much on that front. I'm just hoping that we rake in more cash and that it gives me a better idea of how our team can do against Europe's best. I'm also hoping that we can at least reach the group.

- BUY AND SELL: An unfulfilled goal from last year, but with large budget increases and Champion's League football coming up I may be able to bring in a star or two. I especially want a left-back and wingers.

4th place and a Europa 1/4 final! Not bad ;)

Looks like you have an ambitious board if they want a title challenge, could backfire on you but with the CL i'm assuming you'll be able to get in some top quality to give yourself a chance at that - although easier said than done with Real Madrid and Barcelona to challenge for it :D

Enjoy the CL though, you've not done too bad in the Europa League so I assume your co-efficient points aren't thaaaaat bad so you might avoid Man City-esque group of deaths in your first few seasons in it?

becfef95ca1de6e0b12094e22b15e86d.png

Pretty damning odds :D

A quick look at the transfers that I have made, forgot to take one before my first set of games so will have to show them as they appear after our first 8 league games.

c2110c7ecc7c4bbc3d95b11d5da7f652.png

The only notable departure was El Hadji Douchier who was my first choice GK, he was very good and could have made the step up to Ligue 1 but he'd refused to sign a contract extension all season and even despite our promotion he left on a free transfer which was annoying - what made me laugh was he ended up at a Ligue 2 team on less wages than he was on here, let alone the ridiculous 12K he was asking for to renew.

Cesar Pavon joined on a free after his loan spell last season. He was joined by two more Spanish players, central midfielder Javier Galan from Bilbao's B team for £125K and Juan Jose a central defender who joined from Sporting for 550K. Louis Souchaud is our new first choice Goalkeeper arriving for 450K from Jura-Sud, he got injured in pre-season so he's literally only just made his debut. Makan Traore joined from Tours for 80K as back-up LB to Ziane. Haykeul Chikhaoui joined from ES Viry Foot for 600K to add depth at CAM, he's featured regularly due to injuries to Moussa Diallo. Jamal Thiare signed from Valenciennes for just under £1M to be a first choice striker, but due to unforeseen circumstances he hasn't played as regularly as I imagined. Finally we needed a better RB so Mauro Fontanella joined us on a free transfer. Not got time to post a review of my first results/table at the moment, its not been all bad news though ;)

dfs_wl_d_elversberg_sv.gif

Elversberg

Season 2024/25

The League

Fixtures I - Fixtures II - League Table

So, after last seasons 5th place finish I was looking to do a little better and maybe push for a Champions League spot. However, after games as we sat at the foot of the table with just 2 points even the most optimistic Elversberg fans would be thinking 'Maybe next year'. I completely re-modeled the tactics and came up with, if I'm honest, largely the same thing but a tad more attacking and slightly more compact. Results picked up quite dramatically and we went on to take 69 points of the remaining 87 which was good enough to see us climb the table to finish comfortably in 3rd position, our highest league finish to date. This also means that we will be in the Champions League next season and will enter in the best placed play-offs and I hope we can at least make the group stages.

German Cup

Fixtures

We had a good run in the German Cup this season making it all the way to the Semi-Finals where we played really badly and lost 3-0 to FC Schalke 04.

Europa League

Fixtures

Our European campaign this year was a huge improvement on our previous attempt. We took 18 points from our group, winning every game and finishing top, we progressed all the way to the Quarter-Finals where we came unstuck against Inter Milan and Lost 3-2 on Aggregate.

The Squad

Squad

As I said in my last update I felt that my team was much improved from last season and this was proved over the season as we gained 13 points more than the previous season. I feel that almost everyone in the squad performed well above expectations this season but there were a few stand out players.

Jerome David - The 24 year old Center Back had his best season yet at the club and was an eve present in both the Bundesliga and Europa League. It was in the Bundesliga where he shone the most making 34 appearances, scoring 7 and getting an average rating of 7.53.

Sami Remache - Our other French Outfield player had a fantastic season in the middle of the park and often ran games from Mid-Field and chipped in with 5 goals and 7 assists over the course of the season gaining a 7.44 average rating in the process.

Kai Koreniuk - In his second full season at the club he was by far the best player in the team making 48 appearances in all competitions and scoring 49 goals, 35 of these coming in the league. His performances lead him to a number of different awards including, Fans player of the year, Bundesliga Player's Player of the Year and the European Golden boot.

Transfers

Transfer History

Not Huge amount of activity to speak about really, just a bunch of young players going out on loan to gain some experience and some that will never make it leaving on frees.

Of the players coming in only Mika Makela come into the first team, the other signing I'm really excited about is Octavian Farcas, An 18 year old Romanian Center Back with the potential to become a World Class player who will make a handful of starts next season to help his development.

Finances

Finances

They are looking grim again, I think its probably because of the increasing wage demands of players which I can't really do anything about because the club has to keep progressing but the fact that we have a 15,000 capacity stadium and sell 13,000+ season tickets means that we get hardly any income from ticket sales and our sponsorship deals are quite poor, but with the new stadium coming at the end of the season and Champions League football to help raise our reputation hopefully these issues will sort themselves out. I may have to consider selling players to keep the club financially healthy over the course of this season thought which is less than perfect but if it has to be done it has to be done.

Oh, and my board in their infinite wisdom have given me just £5m to spend this season and expect me to manage to strengthen the squad sufficiantly to challenge for the title :(.

ArranoBeltza - Congrats on the season, I would say you're very close to becoming a "Big Club"! How are your facilities?

Here's a screen of my facilities as of the date I'm at right now. There are upgrades to the youth and training facilities due to finish later this month. Hopefully I can ask to improve my youth recruitment soon.

Enjoy the CL though, you've not done too bad in the Europa League so I assume your co-efficient points aren't thaaaaat bad so you might avoid Man City-esque group of deaths in your first few seasons in it?

I got drawn against AC Milan in the best-placed playoff and managed to beat them. I'm in Group B with ManU, Inter Milan, and Dinamo Zagreb.

chris: good season there; nice to know I'm not the only one who got undone by Inter! Must be something about the Europa League quarterfinal that gives boards confidence...

feac560a6fb1f0eb65fb01d32e959f79.png

Saved the best transfer news for last \o/ \o/

e244a2113728dd5e808dd0ed4df70307.png

Not the worst start that I could have imagined with 1 win, 4 draws and 3 losses. The highlight of the season was probably Jardin scoring to put us 1-0 up against PSG, was just a shame we couldn't hold out and ended up losing, but only losing by 1 goal against a team that good is still pretty good for our first season. You'd think the highlight would be our first win in Ligue 1 over AS Saint-Ettienne, but considering we were 5-0 up at one point, it said a lot about our defence that we still managed to almost not win the game. Jardin and Pavon have both been scoring and we've not done too badly against the better sides.

72a6076e542a610b26a2fc155baf3c97.png

9515966d7e039cd639eab5aa208fc5bc.png

We're not in too bad a position considering we've only won 1 game, getting the draw instead of losing against CS Sedan Arennes has helped us massively and I think as long as we can win against the other sides battling against relegation we can probably survive.

PaulHartman71 - That is a very good start mate, in my opinion the first season is all about survival!

chris11223 - Very similar season to ArranoBeltza, you're both in the right direction and its only a matter of time before you start to win the big trophies!

At about the mid-season mark of 2025-26. My $120mil luxury signing has won the Ballon d'Or:

goldenball_zps65456a3f.jpg

EDIT: Never mind. My computer crapped out during our first match of 2026. I had to restart from before the match prior to where I was, and now Simmonds finished third for the award :mad:.

Dj clark boy - unlucky in how it went in France. Good luck in Germany with Viktoria Koln.

ArranoBeltza - good to see more progress being made. CL competition should help you further. Hopefully your squad can cope with all of it. As for beating Barcelona and Real Madrid, I remember when I completed in Spain a few years ago with Real Oviedo it was the CL trophy I won first before I won the league. It is certainly doable though.

PaulHartman71 - I think it’s fair to say the bookmakers don’t fancy your chances! Decent start though as you say, and as for the return of Jardin, great news! :applause:

Chris11223 - good progress again, Koreniuk had a stunning season! Can’t argue with those awards.

Over in Siena, i have managed to keep my job and the recruitment process is back on. We have made a good start to the league with a 3-0-1 record. 13 goals in those 4 games but 9 conceded tells it's story! i am currently looking to sign a DM to toughen us up defensively as we currently have too much space between defence and midfield. i need to make sure it doesn't compromise our attacking potency though so it is a balancing act at the moment.

ArranoBeltza - good to see more progress being made. CL competition should help you further. Hopefully your squad can cope with all of it. As for beating Barcelona and Real Madrid, I remember when I completed in Spain a few years ago with Real Oviedo it was the CL trophy I won first before I won the league. It is certainly doable though.

Thanks for the encouragment! I saw your previous successes with Oviedo via the OP and commend it. Not quite the same, but I have lots of experience in La Liga- being an Athletic fan I have made them into Liga BBVA and Champion's League winners before. The difference- I didn't have the financial backing or the ability to sign foreigners as I do in this save.

Really, though, without our tycoon chairman I strongly believe we'd be around mid-table Liga Adelante.

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 10) - 2024/2025

Spor Toto Super League

LeagueTable-4.png

What a season, such a contrast to last season! I thoroughly enjoyed this season and the performances that went with it, however, the only negative from the League was our performances against the big boys where we got whipped irrelevant of whether it was home or away. Finally, we deserved our league position and possibly a maximum of 8th but nothing higher, we scored quite a bit which we struggled to do last season but we're still conceding a few too many, which I'll look to sort out next season.

Transfers

Transfers-5.png

Transfers In - My transfer record for a signing was last season at £30k which I smashed this season for £500k for a young Turkish striker. Further to this, we finally signed Oguz Cengiz who had been on loan with us for the past 6 seasons, a few other players arrived on free transfers whom were mainly Turkish and whom there contracts expired, I was also offered Abouna in the January Transfer Window by his agent and didn’t wait at all to snap him up, finally the others to arrive were players on loan to add some squad depth.

Transfers Out - Yes, the player I bought for £30k and whom was my player of the season last season was sold to Ajax for £1.2 million, and yes I was stupid enough to add a minimum release clause when I first bought him, lesson learned. I also sold another foreigner Ali Souissi who was a backup player, a foreigner (therefore eating up our limits on foreigners) and someone who never did well, managed to get £575k for him. A lot of players left on free transfers who were old XI players that couldn’t quite cut it in the top division and younger players who were never going to be good enough for the top division. The rest were players who went out on loan to gain experience.

Squad

Squad-4.png

Team Report

Super performance from the team all round, the GK had another superb season, the defence were much more settled with Emrah Aslan capturing the RB position again, I also brought in Franco Cardozo from our reserves to try him instead of his more expensive Argentinian counterpart Jose Fernandez (who I can’t sell) and it worked well in defence. The midfield and especially the wingers had a great season, the signing of Taylan Antalyali at 30 years old was a blessing in disguise in the middle of the park which worked really well. Finally, we're looking really strong up front with Abouna and Seyit Balci having a great first season with us in the top division despite being 19 years old, Samuel hasn’t quite made the cut at striker so was demoted to a sub AMC, where he has done OK.

Player of the Season Onur Yazici - His 8th season with us and his best so far, a true veteran at the age of 25, made a huge contribution with 13 goals, 12 assists and had the highest average rating in the team.

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Fixtures

GroupA.png

We made it through the qualifying rounds with ease but lost and drew against lower league opposition Inegelspor which meant we didn’t qualify from the groups, I wasn’t too bothered with this as we did well in the winter months due to less games played as a result of elimination from the Turkish Cup.

Finances

Finances-4.png

Don't let the screenshot fool you, I accidently continued and the game overwrote a week after the exact last day of the season where we were struggling with our finances and the board assisted with £1.1million in the bank, without a loan, so they just gave it out of their pockets. We're really struggling with the finances because of all the stupid contract decisions I made in the past two seasons especially with top league wage rise and yearly wage rise which I'm trying to fix now. We also don't receive money from the league at the end of the season and instead receive TV money throughout the season and money per league win or draw, which is decent during the season but doesn’t help the finances at the end of the season.

Next Season

SeasonREview.png

Another similar season next season wouldn’t go a miss!

Further to this, here is a pointless affiliate

ArranoBeltza - Good job securing CL football, seems like there's still some distance to the top teams domestically.

chris - Doing well to get CL football despite the board holding you back, good luck with the title challenge.

IOA - Very nice improvement in the league, just need to make sure your finances don't get out of hand. I also like that some of the other clubs that are in the Super League are 2 divisions below that in my game (and probably vice versa).

Good luck in Germany, Italy and Turkey respectively dj clark boy, duccio and @brenosantos!

That's terrible news ArranoBeltza, atleast you haven't got to re-sign all your players again so that's something I guess. Hopefully you'll do better second time around :).

Maybe this time I'll make it out of my CL group. In other good news, one of my big money signings won't have torn his hamstring. We made it to the Copa del Rey semifinal, maybe this time we can reach the final. Hopefully I can maintain the top three league position I had going...

Also, I'm definitely auto saving now. Been a while since I had a corrupted save (must have been FM10 or 11) so I guess I got a bit complacent.

Machico Season 8 - 2022-23 - March Update

ScreenShot2015-01-10at015219_zpsff39e641.png

We struggled in the early part of 2023, with a particularly poor loss to Fatima. Still, we recovered and put together four wins from five in a vital run that put us back on track and into the top half again.

Our defence has been the problem all season really and you can see in all those draws that we just cannot hold a lead. The loss to Porto was suffered in the last minute just as I thought we'd salvaged a draw - frustrating.

ScreenShot2015-01-10at015110_zpse3ed3e64.png

So 12 games on from December and we're still 9th, safe from relegation but too far from the top two to mount an unlikely promotion bid. But that's ok, I didn't expect it this year. This was all about consolidating our position in the Segunda, which we've done nicely. The state of our defence though. W're 9th and have conceded 70 goals :D (fifth worst in the division).

Elsewhere our latest batch of academy boys came through aaaaaand they're utter crap :(

Piacenza Calcio 1919

mMGWKoo.jpg

Piacenza - 2021/22 - Italian Serie A

Squad | Table | Transfers | Finances

Final position: 6th - Europa League qual

Coppa Italia: 1st Rnd loss to Inter, 1-6

Best result: 6-0 home win against rivals Piacenza

Worst result: 1-3 home loss to Atalanta

Top goalscorer: Izac, 24 (22 in the league)

Most assists: Freddy Jara, 8 (6 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Izac, 7.23(7.40 in the league)

2021/22 Quick takes:

- We've signed some youngsters who're really inspiring.

- Izac has been a monster. Also Lefenir the free wonderkid has been a brilliant signing.

- We gave up way to many goals to comepete along the top teams

Players of the season:

D C | Jacob Hansen | Has been brilliant.

AM R | Hernan Lefenir | Got this guy in the winter break. How often do you find a unattached wonderkid?! :-D

ST | Izac | This guy is gonna become unreal.

2022/23 Quick takes:

- We need to bolster the defence. Especially the RB.

- We've been hitting on a bunch of younger guys and need to continue to do so. We need depth for europe next year.

- Continue er positive trend!

2af3845737fa909f1048a72f8689a887.png

1 win, 3 draws and 4 losses from our latest 8 league games. Not the greatest of form, but this run of games did see a fantastic 6-2 home win over Toulouse in the Coupe de la Ligue, really not sure where that came from really. Our other win looks like a surprise in the sense that it was over Bordeuax but tbh they don't seem like they're that great this season anyway and might actually be fighting with us to avoid relegation. The amount of goals we leak especially in games we go ahead in is quite irritating, as against Evian TG we were at one stage 4-0 up, so to end up drawing it 4-4 was really frustrating. Goal scoring isn't all that big a problem as in our last 4 league games we've scored at least twice in each game, but have failed to win any of them and only got a point from 1 of them. I'm a bit worried that if I fiddle with my tactic to make us more defensive then it will cut out goals from our game, and that I might be better off just hoping we can outscore teams an get points that way. The 5-2 against OM probably will go down as the worst result as again we were actually 2-0 up at one point so to lose 5-2 was very gutting.

8abb2e5d5295671051d61da1bb5c6c6c.png

Archived