Personal Information

History Overview

Staff

Spor Toto Super League

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Past positions

LeagueTable-3.png

What a horrible season. We had a decent start (first three games) and then went on the most horrible of runs until I made some tactical changes and we actually starting play some positive football, in the end it went down to the wire and the last game of the season where we played Genclerbirligi and we had to win to survive, which we did but probably didn’t deserve to stay up.

Transfers

TRansfers-1.png

Transfers In - There’s no need to scout when agents offer you such brilliant players! Apart from the two Turks the others all went straight into the first team.

Transfers Out - A clearance of some ex-first team players and some clubs actually offered to loan my young players! instead of pushing them to my affiliated clubs.

Squad

Squad-3.png

Team Report

We struggled in general with most positions, a lot of players weren’t ready for the top division and some were never meant to play in this league, although there were some positive performances from the below players, our main problem was the inability to score!

GK - Sekou Coulibaly

DEF - Harun Golen and Jean Diego

MID - Oguz Cengiz and Onur Yazici

ST - Samuel

Player of the Season Lamisha Malltoli - Not bad for £30k eh?

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Fixtures

GroupB.png

In the end the only positives we had this season apart from not getting relegated were decent performances in the Cup which were a distraction from the league, we would have probably got out of the group if the general morale was stronger, although our better performances in the league came when we were eliminated from the Cup.

Finances

Finances-3.png

Finances are looking good and are growing year on year!

Next Season

Try and avoid getting relegated without leaving it to the last day of the season!

Just had a crash dump right after a 4-1 win where a young striker ended a long goalless spell after some well-timed words of encouragement. Weekly autosave put me back the day before, but still. :/

Nice to see people avoiding relegation in the last couple of updates though. :thup:

Edit: Replayed the game and we won 4-0 with the same young striker scoring twice. Saved the game right after exiting the match this time.

ScreenShot2015-01-02at000118_zps403cd8b5.png

So, as is customary, I used the Taca da Liga as our pre-season and we did much better than last year, just missing out on top two qualification on goal difference. The league was a different story though as it took us AGES to get going. The first game 1-0 loss was a pity and we didn't deserve that but the following five draws were just weird. It didn't matter if we led or fell behind, we were destined to draw :D

A home loss to Santa Clara didn't help but I was never really worried as we were playing well and it just seemed like we were suffering through a lack of cohesion in the squad. Thankfully we've started to gel and three wins from the final four games of September meant we began climbing the league while also making progress in the Taca de Portugal.

ScreenShot2015-01-02at000138_zps0014770e.png

Not an ideal start with six draws in there (we only drew seven all season last year) but we're finding our feet and should start climbing the table. We're not too far adrift yet so that's pleasing.

(template borrowed from Romanista1994...)

robur.jpg

Robur Siena

Serie C/A - Season 2015/16

Season Review

The Club

Serie C/A

Predicted finish: 17th

Actual Finish: 15th

League Table | Graph

Started poorly as my squad was not up to scratch in the early part of the campaign. Then improved, although our form was sketchy and we shipped goals for fun at times, not an uncommon issue in this thread early doors. We had a knack of doing well against the top teams but badly against our relegation rivals. Losses were made financially but for now we’re in a decent financial position.

Cup

Given our poor squad early doors I was amazed to make it out of the group and into the knockout phase.

Squad

Squad 1 | Squad 2 | Squad 3

Lots of players were tried during the season, and a large squad was the result. A bit of a purge is required this summer along with bringing in fewer, higher quality players.

Most Appearance: Fabio Tito (39 appearances)

Top Goalscorer: Fran Sol (15)

Most Assists: Silvio Pagano (11)

Highest Average Rating: Fran Sol (7.31)

Players

I’ll focus on the three players for now who performed the best given the depth of our squad and the fact that there weren’t many star performers:

Giovanni Federico - Our aging Attacking midfielder, I’ve never previously managed to get an AMC to play well but this year was much better and he weighed in with a number of goals. Also named fans player of the year.

Gustavo - Our on loan striker from Novara was out strike option until the new year, and he was decent in the goal scoring stakes. Subsequently became a back up to;

Fran Sol - Signed as a free agent after a scout found him along with a few other players from Spain, he averaged almost a goal a game in the second half of the season. It would be fair to say his goals kept us up.

Next Season Goals

- Improve the defence - we conceded far too many goals this season, and it was only our strikers that prevented us being relegated. Better defensive solidity is needed for next season.

- Squad Improvement - started on the back front in terms of squad ability, I spent most of the season catching up. Hopefully we’ll have a better standard of player quality come the start of the season.

- Finish higher in the league - I don’t fancy another relegation fight next season as my nerves can’t take it! Hopefully if I can tighten at the back without affecting out striking threat it shouldn’t be an issue

[/font]
[font=Verdana]|  Season  |    League    |  Position   |      Coppa Italia      |   Serie C Cup   |        Achievements       |[/font]
[font=Verdana]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Verdana]|  15/16   |    C/A   |     15th     |    N/A   |      ???      |       Survived                    |[/font]

[font=Verdana]

La prossima stagione, miglioreremo

There's one match left in the season, and it doesn't look like Portugalete will be higher than a mid-table side, however, we won the Copa del Rey and earned an automatic spot in the Europa League:

cupfinal_zps5c041b57.jpg

For sentimental reasons, I wish Altamira had been able to score. Also, a new addition essentially carried us through the cup stages but was injured for the final. More on that in my season update; it's late here so I'll play the final match of the season tomorrow and then post a full update.

Now I have FINALLY got my season review up....

Benroscrow - good first season there and plenty to build on next season.

Tecmo - seriously bad luck in the Turkish Cup there.

Iacovone - good squad development there and some promising signings too. Solid start and while there are a lot of draws, you’ve only lost twice which is positive. And talk about a one-sided match!

PaulHartman71 - good position to be in at the half way point. Easily within touching distance of the promotion spots as you say.

Muggert - solid finish there. Good luck next season. (Berardi’s stats are ridiculous too!)

IOA - that was a nailbiter! I feel your pain in that respect but you stayed up which is all that matters. Good luck next season.

ArranoBeltza - Congratulations on your Cope del Rey triumph! Enjoy Europe next season.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2020/21 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Team Report | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Not much to report here, although I did get linked as the leading candidate for the Galatasaray job following Prandelli's retirement, which was pretty pleasing. In terms of transfers the only transfer in during the season was former Roma player (and personal cult hero) Ricardo Faty, although I may have made a mistake offering a 34-year-old a 3 year contract. Meanwhile our finances are looking great and we got a nice £1M boost from the Super League Fair Play Award at the end of the season.

Spor Toto Super League

Predicted finish: 15th

Actual Finish: 10th

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

We started of pretty badly and it looked like we might again be embroiled in a relegation battle, but we improved nicely, getting some key wins against strong and weak opponents alike. What was also pretty pleasing was that we never conceded more than two goals until the second-to-last game against Kayserispor, where Andrej Kramaric ended up with 5(!) goals and a perfect 10 rating.

Cup

Fourth Round

We very nearly exited the cup in the first round we played, as our lower league opponents took us all the way to penalties. After that we improved quite a bit, making it to the 4th round fairly easily. Bursaspor were way too strong opposition for us though.

Squad

Squad Screen 1 | Squad Screen 2

Most Appearances: Gustavo Da Ros (42 starts)

Top Goalscorer: Yiğit Konuk (13)

Most Assists: Kemal Efe (7)

Highest Average Rating: Jules Ebwelle and Kemal Efe (7.24)

I think Konuk could have had a way better season had he not spent most of the first part of the campaign battling against various injuries. His goalscoring form was great when he was fit for more than a few weeks in a row and he is truly starting to look like a great player for us. Honourable mentions go out to Sebahattin Usta, Abdurrahman Aksu, Carlinhos, Tugay Dinç, Atınç Nukan and Burak Yurunuş, all of whom achieved average ratings above 7.

Previous Season Goals

-Survival - Success - We had a solid buffer for most of the season.

-Continue developing the club's infrastructure - Success - Our junior coaching was upped to a good level, in addition to facility upgrades.

-Continue giving our best homegrown prospects games - Success - Aksu developed wonderfully this season, but I may have to send Timurlenk and some others out on loan, as I don't fully trust them yet.

Next Season Goals

-Improve our league position - I reckon our squad is strong enough to do even better than we did this year.

-Retain our key players - Several of our players have attracted interest and I've promised to let them go should bids be made. The only one I'm seriously worried about is Da Ros, whose agent has refused to speak to me for the last 7 months after contract negotiations broke down.

-Develop our youngsters - We now have one of the brightest goalkeeping prospects in Turkey and I'll be looking to add other young players to those that we have coming through. I'm hoping this will set us up for success in the long-term and also that it will help save us money by developing our own Turkish talent.

Career

|  Season  |    League    |  Position   |      Cup      |   Avg. Att.   | Season Tickets (Change) |        Achievements       |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  15/16   |    2L Red    |     7th     |    2nd Rnd    |      959      |        623   (+90)      |                           |
|  16/17   |    2L Red    |     1st     |    3rd Rnd    |     1053      |        645   (+22)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  17/18   |    PTT 1.    |     2nd     |  Group Stage  |     2671      |       1527  (+882)      |          Promoted         |
|  18/19   | Super League |    18th     |    4th Rnd    |     6698      |       4570 (+3043)      |         Relegated         |
|  19/20   |    PTT 1.    |     1st     |    3rd Rnd    |     4447      |       3934  (-636)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  20/21   | Super League |    10th     |    4th Rnd    |     7545      |       6640 (+2706)      |                           |

rlipscombe - Good job staying up, I'm pretty surprised that your finances look as great as they do.

cheers. it was touch and go a bit at times but hopefully we can improve this summer. Finances are good for now thankfully which i think is helped a bit by attendances that we get.

IOA - What a great first season and exciting finish! I imagine you were predicted relegation at the start of the season so you did really well to survive.

rlipscombe - Like IOA, well done on staying up. Are you looking to add immediate quality to your team or going along the lines of youth with potential in mind for the future?

Romanista1994 - A successful 2nd season in the Super Lig and a foundation to build on. Some of your Turkish players are coming along nicely. I feel I'm along way away from where you are at in my game. I'll update this evening, still in the bottom tier and on for another midtable finish in the bottom league. Any interest from the bigger teams in your players?

cheers. it was touch and go a bit at times but hopefully we can improve this summer. Finances are good for now thankfully which i think is helped a bit by attendances that we get.

What were your attendances like?

Romanista1994 - A successful 2nd season in the Super Lig and a foundation to build on. Some of your Turkish players are coming along nicely. I feel I'm along way away from where you are at in my game. I'll update this evening, still in the bottom tier and on for another midtable finish in the bottom league. Any interest from the bigger teams in your players?

Thanks. No serious interest atm (Aksu asked to leave for Genclerbirligi after they showed some interest in him, but I refused to let him go and he has since signed a new 5-year contract). I actually think the top teams in Turkey are disappointingly passive. I mean, I'm really glad to be able to build my team around Turkish players that have developed with us for years, but it would be much more realistic to see the top level teams aggressively pursue Turkish talent. Foreign teams seem to have much more influence over my foreign players though, most of whom want to leave after having their heads turned by such powerhouses as Almeria and Cesena.

I think having a couple of seasons of midtable finishes in the lower leagues is fine btw, as long as you feel you are making progress in some area of the club (be it playing staff or facilities etc.), because it allows you to build the foundations for success in the long-term (especially in Turkey, where you can easily make money in the lower leagues).

817147b7f796ebd92a8a5e30bb2bd080.png

Our cup run was ended by Ligue 1 opposition once more, this time Bastia, was really gutting since we were actually 2-0 up then blew it late on, held out for penalties, thought we could do it cause don't think i've lost a shoot-out yet but it wasn't to be. Elsewhere in the league we've actually been doing pretty well, Diallo's stepped up once again and its no surprise that his improvement in form has seen an improvement in our team. 4 wins, 3 draws and just the 1 loss to Auxuerre in our last 8 league games. As our transfer budget retain percentage is so low despite getting that money in from Jardin's clause fee and a new chairman, we still didn't really have all that much to spend, we did need another striker though even just for rotation due to injuries, so Cesar Pavon a young Spanish striker from Atletico Madrid's C team was signed on loan - in his first game for the club he scored a brace to help us beat Nice 3-2.

0ed00218c53b58bfe0245d5bb008098d.png

The loss to Auxerre proved slightly costly but we're only 7 points off even the top spot, and Auxerre aside, we still have games against every other team that is above us, so it is in our hands if you look at it like that.

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2018/2019 Season Review

League Table

Well, 9th was not quite as high as I would have liked to finish. Had a bad stretch after the Turkish Cup that saw us win only 2 of 9 games and push use out of the playoffs. Still, we beat the 16th position where we were predicted to finish. And it's still two places and 7 points better than the previous year.

Finances

We're in great shape financially, up to 4.35 million in the bank. Now if only I could get the board to use some of that on facilities. They haven't been willing to upgrade the youth facilities again and upgrading the training facilities isn't an option. Might need to start raiding that transfer budget.

Squad

Jorris Romil led the scoring once again with 16 goals in 32 appearances. A little bit of a frustrating player though as he can run hot and cold. Really carries the team when he is on. Orazsakhedov did a nice job as our backup/2nd striker chipping in 7 goals and 7 assists when he wasn't hurt or with the Turkmenistani national team. Kemal Ekmekci was a pleasant surprise for us, scoring when given limited opportunities. I signed him on a free during last year's transfer window. He'll likely be Romil's backup next season with Orazsakhedov moving on.

Sefer Sever established himself as our best player once again with 10 goals and 16 assists from the right midfield position. He was once again named in the League 1 Team of the Year. Baris Ustun and Emre Yuksektepe continue to control the midfield for us while Orhun Ozturk and Yasin Yener split time at left midfield. Getting a bit tired of Ozturk, I might actively look to move him this offseason. Been getting hurt a lot doesn't seem to contribute like I'd hope, despite a 6.91 average rating.

Huseyin Avcu split time between defensive midfield and right back with an injury to the starter there. Had a mixed season with some brilliance and some bonehead plays. He was second in the league in mistakes, with 5 leading to goals. And then after the season, he got the rest of the team riled up about wanting to move to S. Urfaspor and he forced my hand, giving him up a rather paltry 23K. I think that placated the rest of the club, really hoping the situation doesn't snowball.

Hasan Erby proved to be a good acquisition in the defense, easily my best center back. The other spot rotated between Fatih Gultekin, Muhammed Bacli and Soner Ornek. Balci played the best of the bunch and is the favorite to take over as my starter there next season, but bringing in an upgrade is a definite possibility. Andrade anchored the left back position, usually as a complete wingback and was pretty solid in supporting our attacks. Youngster Taylan Ozturk got more playing time than I expected due to an injury to starter Onur Arikan and held his own. With Arikan leaving next year, I'll likely look for a stopgap over there so I don't have to rush Ozturk into the lineup quite yet.

Romain Carre saw the lion's share of the goalkeeping duties and ended the year with 9 clean sheets and 52 goals allowed in 35 games. Pretty solid, especially since we went more aggressive on offense quite a bit this year.

Youth Intake

Pretty underwhelming once again. Can Kucuk is likely the best of the bunch but with a lack of vision, tackling or finishing, I'm having trouble finding a way for him to be useful.

Transfers

Besides Avcu leaving, we've already lined up two new players to come in, one of them being his replacement.

Abdoulaye Diakhate is our first Kazakhstani player and, frankly, looks better than Avcu, at least at this point. He played in Turkey as a youth so he should be able to fit in easily although he doesn't speak the language.

Aqsin Qurbanli is a young international player I've plucked from Azerbaijan. He has been playing at Neftci in their premier league. 15 U21 caps to his name, I'm quite excited about using him in the midfield. Could very well end up taking Yuksektepe's place in the long term although he'll likely be my primary backup in the middle this year. Both players join as Turkic foreign players.

Looking ahead

Should be an interesting offseason with other players possibly following Avcu out. It seems that with a harsh winter, it's impossible to keep my field in good condition, so I'm going to have to move away from the possession based system that I've tried to use. That will likely mean more of an emphasis on tackling and stamina, especially in my midfield. To help the offense, I think I also want to make my left midfielder into a wide playermaker, something that my current players are ill suited for. My goal for next year is to either get in the promotion playoffs or past the group stage of the Turkish Cup. Preferably both. The best route to that is probably shoring up my defense. So probably looking for new starters at left midfield, center back and right back. We'll see, I may have to wait a year before some of my current contracts run out to fully implement my changes.

Think I've finally figured out my board is more interested in buying than developing talent. They've agreed to another training facilities upgrade. Guess it's time to start buying young talent

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2022/23 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile

Manager Info

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

Another strong season in the league. We didn't do to well from about October until January, but we recovered form and finished a more than respectable 10th. I wish we were better away from home, but I definitely like where we're going. I had completely remodeled my defense so we weren't leaking goals as we had before, but we also didn't score as much (I attribute this to injuries and geling issues with new team members). Maybe a few more pieces are missing from the team- we'll see. I definitely would like to see more consistency.

COPA DEL REY

Results

As I had mentioned before, the big news from the campaign was that Portugalete lifted the Copa del Rey. The board only expected that we make it up to the fifth round, but we shocked everybody and scraped by into the final. We also had a young striker new to the team who broke the record for most Copa goals, but he missed the final due to injury (more on him later).

Best Eleven (4-2-3-1 wide, 2DM):

Goalkeeper

Roberto- The veteran split time with one of the young 'keepers I have in the team and still did well at his age. He kept a clean sheet in the cup final as well. He'll play some next season, but with the quality of the young goalkeepers I have (including a 17 year-old Dutchman I just signed), I probably won't be renewing his contract.

Defense

Gary Baldwin (DR/DL)- Became our main starter at right-back and did fine. Hoping to see some more positive development out of this kid next year.

Israel Nangis (DR/DC)- Natural at both right-back and in the middle of defense, he mostly played a central role. He was one of the men brought in to rebuild my defense and did well.

Eugene Maa Boumsong (DC)- In my now crowded defense, Maa Boumsong still saw plenty of games and did well, especially in the cup.

Konstantin Belousov (DL/DC)- Left-back has been my weakest position for as long as I can remember now. Belousov came in during the summer window and played very well on the left as a limited full-back. He's also a natural DC so he adds plenty of depth.

Midfield

Diego (DM/MC/DC)- This year, Diego appeared in every single league game for us and once again was solid. Played mostly as a supporting defensive midfielder.

Rodrigo Cartes (DM/MC)- In his third season with the club, Cartes once again split anchor man duty with Kevin Paterson. This year, though, the fans rated him better. When will he get a call from Chile?

Florin Muntean (AMR/MR)- My most expensive signing this year, Muntean started off slow but eventually found his form and pushed Fabio Gaucho out of his starting role on the right wing.

Steffen Stokholm (AMC/MC/ST, Fans' Player of the Year)- His league goal total more than halved this year, but he continued to perform at an extremely high level and remains the undisputed star of my team. He scored our two goals in the cup final and also became the first player to achieve 'Icon' status on my club info screen.

Petar Dimitrov (ML/AML)- Had another solid season and earned a call-up to the senior Bulgaria team, but didn't get the cap. Hopefully he can develop more, though; he seems to be stagnating a bit attributes-wise.

Forwards

Inaki Altamira- An injury in early September kept him out for three months, and he didn't score again until February or March (until then he had only scored once). I actually considered selling him due to poor form, but fortunately he started finding the goal again and he'll remain in the team. We'll need him for a more congested match schedule next season!

TRANSFERS

I spent lots and lots of money this year, mainly to revamp my leaky defense. Let's review some of my new players:

Bjornar Lynum (ST)- A youngster with a high ceiling, he started out in the youth team but earned some matches when Altamira went down injured. Scored for fun during our cup run, but missed the final and our last month and a half or so of the season due to injury. Definitely going to keep an eye on this kid.

Fede Vico (AMC/AML/AMR/ST)- Seems solid across his attributes and was brought in for his utility. Did just fine for us and will help out a lot with European competition on the horizon for us.

Marko Djuricin (ST/AMC/AMR/AML)- Another depth signing who was supposed to help rotate with Altamira. Never found form and also struggled with injuries- he was very disappointing but fortunately wasn't too expensive.

Valerio Crucitti (ST)- I was made aware of him via an agent offer and I snapped him up after a trial. The promising target man started off in my youth team where he did incredibly well. When he was given sub appearances with the first-team, he immediately started scoring.

Guillermo Serrano (DC/DM/MC)- Even though four of the players I had brought in during the summer are capable (if not quite good) in the center of the defense, I couldn't resist signing Serrano in January. My scouts had a high opinion of him and just look how tall he is! As a bonus, he is capable of playing in the midfield as well. Might become one of my main defenders solely due to his height; he's dominant in the air.

FINANCES

There's still time left for us to improve the finances before the league reset, but we still have lots of money and are doing just fine. This announcement in February helped out a lot. Next year we should do better with income from the Europa League. Two new sponsors have just been announced amounting to a total of $1.6mil per annum, replacing two sponsorships previously worth a total of $96.72k per annum.

GOALS FOR 2023/24

- TOP HALF FINISH: We ended in 10th place on the table. Hopefully we can finish at least there again, if not improve.

- EVALUATE: I have a few transfer targets, but do not plan on making as many signings as I did this year. I'm going to watch the team over the year and see who will be going and who might have to come in.

As a personal goal, I want to make it to the knockout stages of the Europa League, but we'll see about that...

Machico Season 8 - 2022-23 - December Update

ScreenShot2015-01-03at111622_zps4d1271ab.png

Ok, ok, we've found our feet. After a slow start, I tinkered with our system a bit and simplified some of the roles and it seems to have got us moving. Problem is we're conceding waaaaaaay too many goals given the players we have at the back (all probably top players at this level).

The Feirense game was absolutely ridiculous. 1-0 up, 4-1 down, 4-2, 5-2, 6-5 UP, 6-6. Mad.

Also not the first time we've shipped a bucket load of goals as Leixoes again battered us and Nacional proved their title credentials despite a brave showing from my boys. Those last three losses make this stage look bad but they were three of the top four and largely expected results. I think we're just off promotion standard at the moment but positive signs are there for all to see. Including you.

ScreenShot2015-01-03at111658_zpse05fe105.png

So that set of results leaves us in 9th at the turn of the year. If we can hit the ground running in the January we might stand a chance of an outside promotion push but it won't be easy. Plus we'd get annihilated if we went up to the top flight this early :D

iacovone - I still don't understand the league rules but as long as you're not getting relegated it looks good!

rlipscombe - Once again, decent start, you didn’t get relegated which is always the main thing. BTW is this a new game for you?

ArranoBeltza - Superb Cup win, congrats and enjoy Europe!

Romanista1994 - Not sure how you had such a good first season not that I'm jealous especially with those finances :$ but congrats!

PaulHartman71 - You're getting very close to promotion, could this be the season?

Tecmo - Congrats on another successful season, any progress is better than no progress although I am surprised the board wont upgrade your facilities as me and Romanista1994 never had that problem.

Tecmo - Congrats on another successful season, any progress is better than no progress although I am surprised the board wont upgrade your facilities as me and Romanista1994 never had that problem.

Yeah, kind of surprised given how much money we have. Different board personality I guess, which is a good thing for variety. My board just doesn't seem to have interest in developing players.

Great job surviving your first season in the Super League. Doesn't need to be pretty, just survive.

Romanista1994 - Not sure how you had such a good first season not that I'm jealous especially with those finances :$ but congrats!

Ha, thanks! I think a big part of it is because I've tried to build my squad around players who are consistent and good in big matches, while part of it is also the system we play which helped us concede the second-lowest amount of goals as a newly-promoted team. As for the finances, I always negotiate everyone's wages down a lot by adding large performance-based bonuses to their contracts. My top earners are on £5k p/w atm and while I've missed out on a few targets I'm pretty happy with my squad and of course my finances.

Tecmo - Solid season there, shame your board doesn't seem to match your ambitions. Will you be getting elections soon? Could maybe help if you get a new chairman in.

ArranoBeltza - Good luck in the Europa League next season.

Benroscrow - for now I want immediate quality but I will also start to look for potential once I have stabilised the club.

Romanista1994 - crowds are around the 10,000 mark at the moment which is a big help to be fair.

PaulHartman71 - good luck for the run in. really tight and everything to play for. Good luck

Tecmo - progress is progress at the end of the day. Like the look of your two new signings too.

Iacovone - know where you’re coming from with the conceding of goals!

IOA *- new game in terms of this year? I did dabble with Germany a bit but this is my game this year. Just been making slow progress as not getting as much time as used to playing FM

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2018/2019 Season Preview

Transfer History

Well that was a tumultuous offseason. Avcu was the first to leave to S Urfaspor and they continued to be a pain, unsettling my players. They made a late bid for Hasan Erbey that I turned down, which has him concerned going into the season. They also expressed interest in Baris Ustun but a bid never materialized there.

But, Jorris Romil caught some bigger clubs' eyes. At first he expressed an interest in going back to France and USBCO, but they never made a bid. But Osmanlispor, just promoted to the Super League made a decent bid I had to accept. I also accepted a bid for Orhun Ozturk as I found a better option for his spot.

Altogether, we're going into next season with 5 new starters and 3 others new arrivals who should see substantial playing time.

GK Romain Carre - Surprisingly hasn't received much attention from other teams, he's quite solid. Seems like when he gets beat, it's usually on rocket shots from outside the box. Probably going to miss the first couple of games with an injury but we still have Yavuz Ozkan in what is likely his last season as our backup.

LFB Andrade - Usually functions in a complete wingback role for us, hoping with a wide playmaker on his side of the field he can make a big difference. Also will be my primary free kick taker with Avcu moving on.

LCB Hasan Erbey - In his second and likely final season with us, really nice, solid player, easily our best defender last season. Can also slide out to right fullback comfortably.

RCB Atakan Yigitoglu - Our second biggest buy of the offseason, played in League s last season with Manisaspor and was one of their best players, almost leading them to promotion. Born in Berlin and started his career in Germany. Should be a good upgrade.

RFB Okan Alkan - Also acquired from a League 2 side, Denizlispor, played a bit in the Super League early in his career as well as an appearance with the Turkey U21 team, never really panned out though. Some impressive ratings though, especially his crossing an acceleration, he should let me get a bit more out of the position. Probably just a one year stopgap until Taylan Ozturk is ready.

DM Abdoulaye Diakhate - Hate losing Avcu but Diakhate's experience might make him a better player at this point. One of three Russian speakers now on the team, also speaks French, Kazakh and Turkish.

ML Burak Sahin - My most expensive acquisition, bought from League 2 side Hatayspor, looking to use him as a wide playmaker, could also be a strong winger. He's had previous success at this level, only concern is keeping him healthy. But I still have Yasin Yener to back him up.

MC Baris Ustun - A do everything midfielder, I usually use him as an attacker.

MC Emre Yuksektepe - Sets the offense up. really helps us dictate the game when he's playing well. He's probably the one who ultimately gets replaced by Qurbanli though.

MR Sefer Sever - Heartbeat of the team and our captain, really drives the offense.

ST Evgeny Markov - Our new striker, acquired on loan from Zenit St. Petersburg. Never gotten much of an opportunity with their senior team but scored 22 goals in 33 games with Zenit-2. Has the strength I look for at the position and, coming from St. Petersburg, should be able to handle our winters.

Other notable acquisitions:

ST Sahin Aktas - Probably not the smartest buy on my part and he doesn't really fit my offense, being more of a speedy poacher type, but I couldn't resist the dribbling, finishing, flair and speed. If nothing else, should be a good change of pace from Markov and might play well with him if I use two strikers. Only 18, scored 9 goals in 5 games last year in League 2 on loan from Fenerbahce.

MR Sergen Ozturk - Must have two Ozturks on my team at all times! Will primarily be a backup for Sever, will get some early playing time as Sever is starting the season injured. Been very impressive during the preseason.

MC Aqsin Qurbanli - Our primary backup in the middle, he's going to get a lot of playing time. Love his vision and passing skills. Member of the Azerbaijan U21 team.

I'm currently studying for the National B License. We have a training facility upgrade under construction. That and our transfers took a bite out of our money, about 1 million worth.

We were pretty successful in our friendlies with 3 wins and 4 draws. It'll be interesting to see how this season goes. I feel like I've strengthened the team although striker could be a question mark with the loss of Romil. But we're predicted to finish 17th and still rated very low in most categories compared to our opposition. We'll see.

Bozüyükspor Kulübü

86dffd98-dce0-41c8-a6b5-4065d1289c43_zps87d13af5.png

Bozüyükspor - 2016/17 - TFF Second League

The Club

Manager Profile | Finances | Transfers | Staff

Second season completed and still struggling to get the chairman to agree to youth & training upgrades. Luckily the sponsorship deal in Turkey has once again boosted my finances at the end of the season. I have completed a coaching course though and i'm currently on another course now to further improve my coaching stats.

The Players

I won't talk about this topic for too long as I'll screenshot and comment on my first 11 in my pre-season post for 2016-2017. We were struggling for balance this season, injuries, unhappiness and contract expiry's. As you can see from my transfers i brought in a lot of youth on frees. Mainly 17-18 year-olds released by the Super League clubs. They have good potential, whether they will ever get near it remains to be seen (my poor training facilities / coaching won't help), but at least they are getting first team football already. The youth became first team regulars after the turn of the new year which coincided with a massive change in my form.

The League

League Table | Past Positions | Average Attendances

Predicted Finish: 12th.

Actual Finish: 7th.

An improvement on last seasons 9th spot! We started terribly. Only 1 win from our first 10 games. As the youth prospects bedded in and got familiar with the tactic we got stronger as the season went on. We only lost 1 game in the last 13 and it's made me optimistic for the season to come. I feel we can definitely challenge the playoffs at least presuming we keep hold of our current 11.

The Cup

Cup Fixtures

An improvement on last season. We got through the 2nd round only to be beaten easily by a Super League club in Genclerbirligi.

Summary

I'm happy with how the season went. My squad is as strong as I've had and managed to keep all players from leaving on frees. I'm going to aim for playoffs this season. Alongside the league it would be great to get a couple of favorable cup draws and somehow make it through to the group stage.

Club History

15/16 2L Red - League Position 9th - Cup 2nd round - Europe N/A

16/17 2L Red - League Position 7th - Cup 3rd round - Europa N/A

dfs_wl_d_elversberg_sv.gif

Elversberg

Season 2023/24

The League

League Table - Fixtures I - Fixtures II

We got 8 points more than last season which saw us finish in 5th (again) and qualify for the Europa League on 58 points. On the whole it was quite a frustrating season with too many games lost at crucial pats of the season, a run of 4 straight losses saw us drop off the pace of the top 4 and lose any hope of Champions League qualification. I am however pleased that the club has made some progress this season and I feel the squad is stronger than it was 12 months ago and given some luck we should be able to push for a top 4 finish next season.

A word on the league as a whole, Dortmund scored a record 107 goals this season, 27 more than any other team, and a massive 37 of those were scored by Vincent Aboubakar who has been nothing short of incredible over the last few years for Dortmund making 114 League appearances and scoring 127 goals. His 37 this season was more goals than what 3 teams in the league managed which is just insane.

Euopa League

Group Table - Fixtures I

Our maiden European outing didn't really go to plan as we Won 2, Drew 1 and Lost 3 games, picking up 7 points and finishing 3rd in the group and exiting at that stage. Hopefully next year we can do abit better.

German Cup

Fixtures I

We were poor in the cup this year losing 3-0 to Hannover 96 in the 2nd round.

The Squad

Squad

The team started pretty poorly as the new signings gelled into the first team but as the season wore on they gained confidence and got much better, I'm very hopeful for next season and as always here are a few of the top performers.

Kevin Ritchie - At only 23 he is the clubs new record league appearance holder with 195 and I can only see him building on this. He had another solid season making 31 appearances, missing the last few games though injury, and averaged a 7.14. I'm amazed that I have been able to keep hold of this guy while I was climbing the leagues and with him recently signing a new 5 year contract I hope he can stay at the club for a long time to come.

Daniel Gasperi - A very good season for my Argentinian Winger with 17 Assists and 6 Goals in 30 games. I thought I was going to lose him in January when Racing Club showed an interest and met his £7m release clause but he rejected their contract after asking me to accept a bid from them if it came in, so that left me a little confused why he asked to leave to only reject the contact but hey I'm not going to complain.

Kai Koreniuk - Our USA intentional had a fantastic season, finishing our top scorer with 22 goals in 29 games. He attracted the interest of Dortmund in January (I assume as a replacement to the aging Vincent Aboubakar) and if the match his release clause of £16.25m they are more than welcome to him, I will look to renew his contract at the end of next season when he has 12 months left on his current deal but he currently wants a £56.5k p/w wage rise which would mean he is earning over £40k p/w more than anyone else at the club and I'm just not willing to give him that...... Yet.

Transfers

Transfer History

I spent ALOT of money this year, If i'm honest probably too much but it should pay off long term.

The outs saw a whole bunch of youngsters going out on loan to get some first team football and players that just weren't upto scratch leaving on frees. The big sales were Thomas Rex, our promising Keeper leaving for Dortmund for £950k and 50% of his next sale and Frank Tobin leaving for Fulham for an initial £400k with a further £3.8m being payed in installments over the season, I will also get 50% of any money over £400k if Fulham sell him.

Of the players that came in there are 4 that are very exciting and I believe they will be with the club for years to come.

Anthony Rongpi - An 18 year old Canadian winger came in for £3m and I am hopeful that he will become a regular on the right over the next few years as he has the potential to become a star Bundesliga Winger.

Tunahan Arslan - He came in for £7.5m from Bursaspor and settled into the starting XI, he has a poor first half of the season making lots of mistakes but he picked up hugely in the second half of the season as he got used to the league, he again can improve alot in the future.

Xavier Philippe - Dubbed the next Hugo Lloris, this young keeper came in for £10m (I probably paid a tad more than I needed to), he was in and out of the Starting XI a fair bit as he made a few mistakes but I assume this was because it was his first full season in goal so it would be a steep learning curve but he too showed a big improvement in the last half of the season and looked much more solid, he looks like he could become one of the leagues best keepers over the coming years so should be a sound investment.

Jannik Benthaus - This is the one I'm most excited about, at 17 he is already considered a good player in the Bundesliga and he has shown that this year making 21 appearances with a 6.89 average rating and claiming German U17 player of the year. He has made massive improvements this season and he will be starting lots of games next year so should make big improvements again and he will hopefully fulfill his potential to be a World Class Attacking Mid.

I won't really be looking to make many transfers for next season other than the one that is already arranged, Jeffery Bruma is joining on a free at the end of his contract to provide some experience at Center Back.

Finances

Finances

The League prize money again came to our rescue and stopped the finances looking pretty poor and made them look good, I won't be looking to spend much, if anything this season to hopefully get some cash in the bank as a buffer so we don't go into the red at any point.

Admin

Manager Profile

My manager has made a few slight improvements since last year but nothing really to speak about.

Also my new stadium is apparently due for completion in 2 years time but since I am yet to be told anything about this by the board and the fact it's been in planning fo 2 years now I'm not sure this is ever going to happen.

rlipscombe - Apologies, I thought you already had a game running this year and you started again, my bad.

benroscrow - Solid season, playoff places next season? It took me 5 seasons so if you do it in three, superb performance!

chris11223 - Amazing season, whats your aims for next season? Champions League? or just another solid season in the league and Europa League? BTW Finances are looking noice!

chris11223 - Amazing season, whats your aims for next season? Champions League? or just another solid season in the league and Europa League? BTW Finances are looking noice!

Champions league has to be the aim but there was such a big gap between where I finished and the top 3 last year I'll wait till the winter break before I decide if that is realistic or not. The finances are up and down, I lose about £20m throughout the season and then get given £28m in league prize money.

bab23cabf2d86fc0c248817f8d0889c3.png

A pretty good run of form late into the season, 5 wins (including 4 in a row), 1 draw and 2 losses. Both 3-1 losses were very disappointing for different reasons, the 3-1 loss to Havre was bad as they're one of our main rivals for promotion, by beating us they've basically guaranteed promotion and since they're 10 points clear with 6 games to go they've pretty much gone up as champions barring a horrendous choke. The loss to US Concarneau was disappointing because whilst they're not thaaat bad its really a game we should at least be coming away with a draw from. Loan signing Cesar Pavon had a fantastic spell of form which saw him win Ligue 2 Player of the Month, when I noticed his contract was up at the end of the season I wasted no time in getting him to sign on.

4a205287f24e13c1630eee24c05c114b.png

9f378334cfa5f7a4ddf02df6aa9d511d.png

As for the league table...

3ee88533e99513cf70c23a64a743049b.png

Its tight. Very tight. Our last 6 games are by no means easy, but we play the 3 teams currently underneath us so at least its in our hands, if we can beat them then we can go up, pretty simple really. Our fixture list is:

CS Sedan Ardennes (A)

Chamois Niortais (H)

AS Nancy-Lorraine (A)

FC Lorient (H)

Clermont Foot (A)

Stade Brestois (H)

I'd usually take a point away from home against either CS Sedan Ardennes and Clermont Foot, but i'm not sure if we can afford to do so. Chamois Niortais we should be beating at home, would be gutting to lose it, I guess I would take a draw usually but in this late run in for promotion I don't think we can afford to just in case. FC Lorient and Stade Brestios are two must win games, both not great and at home, anything less than 6 points from those two and we probably don't deserve to go up. AS Nancy Lorraine away again isn't the easiest of games and usually a draw wouldn't be a disaster but i'm not sure how many games we can afford to drop points in. I think we need to win in at least 2 of the 3 games against the sides just below us, draw the other one, then beat FC Lorient and Stade Brestois then maybe a draw against AS Nancy-Lorraine would be enough to go up. 14 points from 18, easier said than done though right? :D I think realistically though anything less than 12 points and we probably wont make it, we can probably only afford to lose one game. Losing two out of the 6 would be pretty bad and losing 3 is an unthinkable disaster at this point, hopefully I haven't jinxed it!

Benroscrow - congrats on the improved league finish. Hopefully you can maintain the form of the end of the season and use it as a springboard going forwards.

Chris11223 - whilst not making the top 4 must be a bit frustrating, 5th is still a good finish again. hopefully your 1st experience of the Europa League will set you in good stead for next season. Love the look of Rongpi and Benthaus – hopefully they’ll be stars of your team for years to come.

PaulHartman71 - VERY tight run in there! Hopefully you can get the points you need to gain promotion this season.

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2023/24 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile

Manager Info

Manager of the Year

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

For the eighth season in a row, we improved upon our league position. We did well enough to finish fifth, qualifying us for a spot in the Europa League once again. To be honest, I am a bit surprised that we pulled it off- we hovered around 7th-10th for much of the season and terrible form in February-March had me worried that we wouldn't finish much higher than our predicted finish of 13th. Still, we went on excellent form late in the season; with more consistency we may well have been able to secure a top four finish and a Champion's League spot.

COPA DEL REY/SUPERCOPA

Results

Being the holders of the Copa del Rey, we earned a draw against league champions Barcelona for the Spanish Supercup. Unsurprisingly, we lost, but neither my board or I had put much emphasis on it so that's okay.

In the Copa del Rey, the board once again expected us to make the fifth round. We overachieved for a second year in a row and reached the semifinal, but Real Madrid was too much for us. I really hate being in a league with Real and Barcelona. Honestly, I don't think we would have won the cup at all last year had we been drawn with either of them.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Group B table

Results

Prior to the beginning of the season, I had set a personal goal of making it out of our group. The board, however, said that they didn't expect us to make it out of the group stage. Fortunately, we were given a fairly soft group and we not only made it to the knockout stage, but we topped Group B; the only blemish being an away loss against Basel. We dispatched AZ without much trouble in the first knockout round before falling to Stuttgart in the next round. I felt Stuttgart were beatable, but I can't complain about our first European campaign.

Best Eleven (4-2-3-1 wide, 2DM):

Goalkeeper

Bobby van Putten- I discovered this kid last season and had been heavily scouting him. I brought him to the team for pretty big money and, even at his tender age, he became our number one 'keeper over the course of the season. It looks like he'll become world-class.

Defense

Gary Baldwin (DR/DL)- My young Irishman had a decent season again. Will he reach the potential my scouts are saying he can?

Israel Nangis (DR/DC)- Once again, the Frenchman showed strong stuff for us in defense, especially in Europe and cup competitions. He got hampered a bit by injuries, but I'm hoping he can show some consistency next year.

Guillermo Serrano (DC/DM/MC)- The towering central defender also saw a lot of time as a defensive midfielder due to injuries. Showed solid play and positive attribute development- really hoping he develops into the star that my scouts claim he will.

Konstantin Belousov (DL/DC)- Did great on the left side of defense. Never seemed at the forefront of the games he played, but did everything he had to.

Midfield

Diego (DM/MC/DC)- My Brazilian workhorse started in every league match except one and played strongly in all competitions. He wasn't a star necessarily, but remains a stalwart in the first team.

Rodrigo Cartes (DM)- A solid year for him and my other DM, Paterson, but they may have competition on the way...

Fabio Gaucho (MR/AMR/ML/AMC/AML)- Fabio Gaucho wasn't guaranteed a spot, given our depth on the wings, but he did very well. His performances late in the season especially stood out.

Steffan Stokholm (AMC/MC, Fans' Player of the Year)- Another superb year, and he actually improved over last year. Still the obvious star of our team.

Petar Dimitrov (ML/AML/MR/AMR)- Did well, but I'm feeling that I might need a star winger for the future if he doesn't improve any time soon.

Forwards

Bjornar Lynum- While Inaki Altamira also had a solid scoring season, Lynum took him out of the best eleven with some excellent performances. He missed the first couple months of the season with injury, but was stellar once he regained fitness. He also won the young player of the year award.

TRANSFERS

I decided to keep the team largely intact, but spent big money on two young players I had been tracking for a while. Nothing too noteworthy on the outgoing front, except the transfer of Gonzalo Pace- he complained about playing time and then started missing training sessions left and right. I couldn't find a team willing to buy so I paid for mutual termination- good riddance.

My big signing Feigenwinter is a teenage Swiss DM I had been scouting heavily since last season. I finally got him, but didn't pay attention to the terms that Zurich offered so he spent the year on loan with them. He played well with them and earned his first few caps for Switzerland, and his value also increased to more than I initially bought him for. Excited to see what he can do and let's see how he does trying to win a spot against my other DMs, all of whom are quite good.

FINANCES

This screenshot was taken right at season's end, so may not depict that we're still rolling in dough. Facilities-wise, our youth and training facilities both saw upgrades and will be improved again soon. Meanwhile, we're supposed to move into a new stadium next year, increasing our capacity from 6,000 to 23,750. I expect better sponsorships soon as well, but no screens because of the date this was taken.

GOALS FOR 2024/25

CONSOLIDATE: We finished in a Europa League spot, and I'm expecting to at least achieve that again next year.

GET PAST THE GROUP: Once again, I personally want to get out of our Europa League group and into the knockout stages. If our draw is as easy as it was last year, this should be no problem- we'll see.

BUY/SELL: I have no major transfer targets as of now and nobody that I see as a must-sell. I also don't feel like we need a major makeover in the team, but at least expect me to buy some more good youngsters if I see them. Also, I wouldn't mind selling a few of my players, though there aren't any that I see as must-sells at the moment.

Bozüyükspor Kulübü

86dffd98-dce0-41c8-a6b5-4065d1289c43_zps87d13af5.png

Bozüyükspor - 2017/18 - TFF Second League

The Club

Manager Profile | Finances | Transfers | Staff | Facilities

Third season now completed and there have been many talking points. Firstly, i'll just touch upon the fact that both youth & training upgrades have been agreed. I've also had several coaching courses completed for both myself and the staff. The finances on the screenshot look fantastic for a club my size, but this hasn't deducted the youth and training upgrade costs so I expect this to dramatically lower.

I made a fair bit of money from transfers. As with most of you guys in the bottom tiers, I've yet to spend a penny on a player. All my incomings have been frees. On my season 2 post, i touched upon the fact that I went for youth players (the majority released from Super League clubs) with potential. A year on a few of them had to be sold. I'm a little concerned that a few more might want to leave this summer.

The Players

I said on my last post that i'd screenshot my first 11 and comment on each player on a pre-season post. Apologies, I didn't get around to doing this and will ensure I do it for this season ahead. I got carried away!

We have a settled squad now, a couple are wanting to leave for bigger clubs but i'll write up on each player on the pre-season 18-19 post to follow. I will mention my player of the season though Volkan Gokcan. This guy has the potential to be a Super League player and has performed admirably the past two season. Volkan Gokcan.

The League

League Table | Past Positions | Average Attendances | Playoffs

Predicted Finish: 6th.

Actual Finish: 2nd.

Another improvement on the season prior. So close yet so far though! I predicted we'd make playoffs and that's what we did. To lose in the final though was gutting. I just hope we can keep hold of all the important players and go one better next season. The league winners Osmanlispor won with relative ease and were by far the best side. We did well to oust Bucaspor on away goals before losing to the White Leagues Trabzon.

The Cup

Cup Fixtures[/url] |

An improvement in the cup also. Whilst it was brilliant for the players experience to make it to the group stage, it did cost us a lot of points in the league. We were nowhere near challenging the higher league clubs in the group stage merely just aiming to keep the scores down.

Summary

I'm happy with how the season went up until the last 90 minutes. My starting 11 is now strong enough to get out of this league presuming I can keep the majority of players. Promotion has to be my aim.

Club History

15/16 2L Red - League Position 9th - Cup 2nd round - Europe N/A

16/17 2L Red - League Position 7th - Cup 3rd round - Europa N/A

17/18 2L Red - League Position 2nd - Cup Group Stage - Europa N/A

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Season 7 Preseason Report

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

Kaplan was the biggest sale, while several youngsters left (all with 50% of next sale clauses). I think I'll be changing my transfer business model next season though, and only bringing in and developing players I feel could genuinely make it for us (alongside our academy players), rather than bringing in young players, loaning them out and selling them.

Friendly Results

Friendlies

Not the best performance in friendlies, we should be winning all of our games against weaker opposition.

Current First Eleven

GK: Harun Tekin - His performances will be key again after he only conceded 22 goals in the league last year.

RB: Burak Yurunuş - Fantastic rightback, whose consistency improved over the course of last season.

CB: Muharrem Barış - A new signing from Germany, he is currently only a rightback, but I will be retraining him here as I see him being more useful to us centrally.

CB: Atınç Nukan - I hope he can continue performing like he did last year.

LB: Gustavo Da Ros - Currently unhappy because he wants to leave for Zaragoza, I also made him captain which most of our players were happy about but he felt it was too much pressure.

DM: Tolcay Cigerci - Cigerci has been at the club for a while now, but I might start looking for an upgrade on him relatively soon.

RM: Kemal Efe - Last season's player of the year, once again on loan from Groningen.

CM: Jules Ebwelle - Spent most of preseason injured, but his performances will be key to us.

CM: Abdurrahman Aksu - He tore his hamstring on the final day of the season and is only now coming back.

LM: Carlinhos - Like our other foreigners he currently wants to leave to greener pastures.

ST: Yiğit Konuk - Another who has an injury that will keep him out for the start of the season, hopefully his fitness will be better than last year.

We've had a terrible start to the season, as I've already played the first game against Fenerbahçe and they beat us 3-0, with Barış being the only player to impress for us on his debut.

benroscrow - Getting closer now! You seem to have found a very nice business model there, I'm pretty sure I haven't managed such good sales yet in my save. What are you doing to get such high transfer fees?

chris - Seems like you've established yourself as a side which challenges for Europe now, hope you can push on next year.

ArranoBeltza - Still some way off from the top three, but I'm sure that gap will close once the youngsters you are signing develop.

Some good news for us just arrived, Da Ros, Ebwelle and Carlinhos all stopped being unhappy after the teams I promised them they could sign for did not make bids for them in the entire transfer window. I immediately moved to sign Da Ros and Carlinhos onto new contracts (they were expiring this season) and they are now the highest paid players at the club with wages of £6k and £8.5k, respectively. This still fits in with our current wage structure (I'd allow myself to go up to £10k p/w this season, but will obviously still negotiate everything down), though I could have been paying Da Ros much less if his agent had not walked away from negotiations the year before.

Player happiness is really screwy.

Last season, Fabio Gaucho complained about a lack of first-team time and I gave him games then kept him in the team because he did well. For the rest of the season, though, my promise to him kept getting extended until the end of the season. Even though he was playing...

This year, my young 19 year-old Italian striker complained about a lack of first-team action...after only our first match of the season.

My young DM, Feigenwinter, has started two of this year's four league matches and was subbed on in the other two. He was rested for our first Europa League match. A day or so after the fourth league match (which he started), he complained to me about not getting enough time in the first-team.

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

benroscrow - Getting closer now! You seem to have found a very nice business model there, I'm pretty sure I haven't managed such good sales yet in my save. What are you doing to get such high transfer fees?

I'm not doing anything different or special at all really. I continually get my scouts scouring the market for unattached 16-18 year olds following the end of season contract expiry date. I snap a fair few up each season and try and give them a handful of games. It seems to generate interest.

In terms of prices i'm getting, they include sell on fees, fees over 12 months etc. I negotiate high too. I can only speculate on just how good the players potential is as my scouts aren't the best. Maybe I got lucky with a few of the players. So far none of them have gone on to do anything special.

Doing quite well halfway through the season, sitting second in the table despite a small blip in performance the last few games.

League Table

18 year old Sahin Aktas has vastly exceeded my expectations with 9 goals and 4 assists in 10 games, 6 of those coming off the bench. He was also called up to the Turkey U19 team shortly after I signed him and he has found the net with them as well. Been taking it slow introducing him to the side but I'll probably unleash him more as we push for promotion.

Disappointing elimination for us in our first game in the Turkish Cup, losing at Bucaspor, but that was a pretty tough draw. I've never had much luck getting anything past their goalkeeper. It's probably helped not having to worry about the extra games actually as we are a bit thin depthwise. Unfortunately, we lost our new DM, Abdoulaye Diakhate, in the 2nd game to 6 months of knee tendinitis.

As far as the players who left us, I think they're all regretting their decision. Huseyin Avcu has been a backup watching his S Urfaspor team fall into the relegation spots. Orhun Ozturk has been getting sporadic play for 14th place Gaziantep Bld. And Jorris Romil has yet to score a competitive goal as he's been sitting on Osmanlispor's U21 team for the most part while they sit near the bottom of the Super League. They've scored 6 goals in 14 games, so maybe they should give him a chance.

PaulHartman71 - I expect the next update to be about your promotion!

ArranoBeltza - Another superb season, like Chris you both are getting closer to the top of the table and the Champions League!

benroscrow - Unlucky with not getting promoted this season, I can smell the sucess next season!

Romanista1994 - Good luck for the new season, I can see you in Europe!

Tecmo - Superb start, automatic promotion coming your way mate!

Superb to see most people in the upper divisions and doing well!

3ee88533e99513cf70c23a64a743049b.png

Somehow despite picking up just 9 points from our final 6 games from this position not only did we somehow still get promoted, but we finished 2nd ffs :D

d1dae6d03501272a566b429021373232.png

Blimey Le Mans blew that big time!! Sedan were nearly as bad but they got across the line too. congratulations on promotion!! time to play with the big boys...

Archived