FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 22: 2036/37 Ligue 1

b2a2f77ac41962c2ca354da27ef9ef45.png

A massive points total for us in a massive year.

7a365f99b677f99e90d4e103198edd02.png

It didn't start off so promising though as we almost lost 4-0 in the Champions Trophy final, we pulled it back to 4-2 late on but was still a poor start to the season.

4811c4db9e9e671a188f66ee858c31c0.png

A decent run but ultimately couldn't get past Lyon despite taking an early lead.

ed73bfbfdee0858fa4756881331b57f4.png

A fantastic run to the final with the 4-2 come-back victory away to PSG being the highlight. Sorensen was on fire in the semi and the final.

e9de8e4d7fee003e52726700f889aeb1.png

We made hard work of a relatively easy group but aside from Juve none of the teams really troubled us.

a79e4652fe66e6afa902312965ce8262.png

We sneaked past Atletico and had some hope going into our away game with Barcelona but they out-classed out at the Nou Camp.

599585970590a79fc0219fd5d0d561d7.png

Stock joined to be new first choice RB, Moyano came in as an exciting CM/CAM prospect, Westerlund came in as rotation LB/CB and Lashley came in as 3rd choice GK when our 1st and 2nd choice got injured over the festival period.

Squad pt 1, Squad pt 2

It was a pretty mad season. Olivier Da Costa broke his leg in pre-season which lead to the new RB getting even more games than I imagined, Da Costa only managed 2 games all season as a result of his injuries and subsequent inability to return to fitness. An injury crisis at GK saw us end the season having used 4 different keepers throughout a season that saw us do a domestic double! Overall though for the first time we had a great squad full of decent depth and cover options in all positions which was key in our success. The key players in this massive year for us were Daniil Prokoshin at CB; Paolo Coppo at DM; Dylan Gerrard at CAM, and then the two stars of the season were Vincent Jardin and Kent Sorensen. They've formed a sort of poor mans Bergkamp/Henry partnership up-front this season. Jardin finished the year with 26 goals and 20 assists, whilst Sorensen grabbed 31 goals and 15 assists.

Finances

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe                       Other
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A                         N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A                         N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A                         N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A                         N/A
2019/20    National    3rd       7th Round     N/A                 N/A                         Promoted to Ligue 2! 
2020/21    Ligue 2    15th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A                         N/A
2021/22    Ligue 2     9th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A                         N/A
2022/23    Ligue 2     5th       8th Round     4th Round           N/A                         N/A
2023/24    Ligue 2     2nd      10th Round     3rd Round           N/A                         Promoted to Ligue 1!
2024/25    Ligue 1    16th       Finalists     Qtr Final           N/A                         N/A 
2026/27    Ligue 1     8th       Semi Final    4th Round           EL Group Stage              N/A
2027/28    Ligue 1     5th      11th Round     3rd Round           N/A                         N/A
2028/29    Ligue 1     5th       Winners       Winners             N/A                         N/A
2029/30    Ligue 1     6th       Finalists     4th Round           EL Finalists                French Champions Trophy finalists
2030/31    Ligue 1     4th       Semi Final    Finalists           EL 1st Knockout Round       N/A
2031/32    Ligue 1     4th      10th Round     Qtr Final           EL Winners                  N/A
2032/33    Ligue 1     4th       Qtr Final     Semi Final          CL Semi Final               European Super Cup winners   
2033/34    Ligue 1     3rd       Winners       Finalists           EL 2nd Knockout Round       N/A
2034/35    Ligue 1     3rd       Winners       Finalists           CL Grp Stage/EL Semi Final  French Champions Trophy winners
2035/36    Ligue 1     2nd      10th Round     Semi Final          CL Grp Stage/EL Finalists   French Champions Trophy finalists
2036/37    Ligue 1     1st       Winners       Semi Final          CL Quarter Final            French Champions Trophy finalists 

[u][b]Trophy Cabinet:[/b][/u] 

Ligue 1                 x1 - 2036/37
Europa League           x1 - 2031/32
European Super Cup      x1 - 2032/33
French Cup              x4 - 2028/29, 2033/34, 2034/35, 2036/37
Coupe de la Ligue       x1 - 2028/29
French Champions Trophy x1 - 2034/35

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2025/26 SEASON REVIEW

(finally)

Manager Profile

Manager Info

I began this season back in January, while I was going through the game very quickly. Then, toward the end of the season, my save got corrupted so I began again. Due to that, plus general procrastination and getting sidetracked by other Steam games, I did not finish the season quickly at all...I just ended it today. Some of my summaries may be a bit shallow because I forgot a lot of what I had been doing four months ago!

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

An excellent season in the league saw us finish comfortably in the top three. For much of the season we even led the league. However, an over-abundance of draws saw us fall short of the title.

COPA DEL REY

Results

We didn't get very far at all before Barcelona sent us out of the competition. No big deal; the board didn't put any emphasis on this competition.

CHAMPION'S LEAGUE

Group A Table

Results

We easily qualified for the group stage after dispatching CSKA Moscow, but mixed results in the group stage knocked us out of this competition. Third was good enough to bring us to the Europa League.

EUROPA LEAGUE

Results

We scraped our way through the stages and into the final...where we scraped by Barcelona to take home the trophy! (NOTE: If anybody still remembers my players, check out who scored the goal to allow us to eventually win)

Best Eleven (4-2-3-1 wide, 2DM):

Goalkeeper

Bobby van Putten- Another solid season with more improvement from the wonderkid. Already an excellent goalkeeper before 21, he also had some excellent World Cup 2026 performances with the Dutch team.

Defense

Gary Baldwin (DR/DL)- I am weakest on my defensive wings, but Baldwin is doing quite well for a young player who was originally brought in for less than $2million.

Guillermo Serrano (DC/DM/MC)- Yet another young player who hasn't yet reached his prime, Serrano has nonetheless been great for me in the middle of my defense. Really love his height!

Eugene Maa Boumsong (DC)- In his sixth season with us, the Cameroonian remains a fixture in the team, but missed out on the World Cup.

Lucas Digne (DL)- Being relatively weak at full-back, the veteran was brought in as a stopgap and as a tutor for younger fullbacks. Started slow, but had a good season overall.

Midfield

Boris Feigenwinter (DM/MC)- Has all the makings of a star for many years to come.

Rodrigo Cartes (DM/MC)- Had a solid season in a position in which I have plenty of depth.

Aitor Eraso (AMR/MR/AML)- A new signing for me, Eraso was excellent playing primarily on the right wing.

Steffen Stokholm (AMC/ST/MC, Fans' Player of the Year)- Stokholm remains a fan favorite and with good reason. Excited to see this guy enter his prime years very shortly!

Petar Dimitrov (AML/ML/AMR/MR)- With the club's riches, I probably could go out and find a winger with better attributes. But, can I really argue with the results I get from my young Bulgarian?

Forwards

Jesse Simmonds (World Golden Ball, European Player of the Year)- Simmonds was brought in for my largest-yet transfer fee. He duly delivered, banging in goals for both club and country while raking in the accolades. At only 24, he should only improve from here.

TRANSFERS

Big money spent this year on two big offensive signings, Aitor Eraso and Jesse Simmonds. I wanted a superstar striker to challenge for the title, and Simmonds fit the bill. Meanwhile. Aitor Eraso was brought in from Athletic to further bolster my attack- I also really wanted to bring local talent so I looked to our regional rivals.

Left-back has been a constant problem for me, so veteran Lucas Digne was brought to the team to cover there. He's not a long-term option, but did just fine. Another PSG player, Suso, was brought in on a free and did well covering in the advanced midfield spots.

FINANCES

Awash with money....facilities improving.

GOALS FOR 2026/27

- RECOVER: I forgot what I had been doing! I will be evaluating my team and will come up with more concrete goals as the next season progresses...

• 2 months later...

Finished the challenge from last year since 3 months. Too lazy to post an update in the old thread. Hope i bring my lazy a** to post the screens.

Want to start the challenge again for fm 2015. Netherlands would be nice but without promotion is a little bit odd.

• 4 weeks later...

Really had fun with this challenge

Just completed it with Ecija in 27/28 season. We had won La Liga many times but had a few bad results in the CL.

updSsHv.png

ynMFyn3.png

I know it might not be accepted cos I didn't update it every season but I have a save at the end of every season so I am happy to provide more information if anyone wants it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 37) - 2051/2052

Club

General

Facilities

Affiliates

History

Manager

History

Competitions

Competitions.png

Spor Toto Super League

League%20Table.png

Champions League

Champions%20League%20Group.png

Fixtures

Turkish Super Cup

Super%20Cup.png

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Turkish%20Cup.png

Squad

Squad.png

Team Report

Player of the SeasonJuan Manuel

Finances

Finances.png

Yes I know I haven’t done the seasonal updates (was taking too much time and then my laptop broke for 3 months, which I have now fixed) but I have recently got back into the game and am delighted to have finally complete the challenge, which was a personal achievement for me, especially after not playing FM for years.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the game, especially managing my local team and hope everyone else has enjoyed this as much as I did and will look forward to it next year.

Feel free to ask any questions and I can load up the saved game at anyone’s request.

Take care all!

Hey Guys, as you have noticed I haven't reallybeen playing this year, all the extra bits in the game have made it hard for me, and I seem to have lost the time and motivation to play FM.

So in saying that I won't be purchasing FM16 at this stage, and think someone else should take over the running of the challenge. Sorry guys. If you need any help I am willing to participate where I can to help out, just give me a yell.

LLR - Sorry to hear that you're going to step back from this thread and challenge. I did this a few years back, and enjoyed the thread a lot. Also your first few posts are kind of the gold standard with the history, links and other helpful info. Your contribution to this whole CSE area has been huge and I want to thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Big Euro Challenge friends! As a frequent long-time lurker and sometime participant, I'd hate to see such a great challenge fall by the wayside. With that said, I know there are some people with a much longer history and much more claim to running the thing than I have.

So, having had a quick chat with LLR, I'm offering my services to get the FM16 version off the ground. But I definitely want to be respectful to all the challenge regulars, so if any of you want to take over, I'm happy to stand aside!

I'll give folks a little while to reply, so just reply in this thread if you want to go for it. If not, I'll get the new thread up and running in the next few days.:thup:

I have been an on-and-off participant in Big Euro Challenge for many years, so thank you to LLR for making it possible. I have had many enjoyable saves, though I couldn't really get properly going on FM15. If iseemonsters1 wants to take over the challenge and keep it going, I have nothing against it. :thup:

LLR - Thanks for all the work you've done on the challenge over the years, it's much appreciated!

iseemonsters1 - Glad to see you take over from LLR, as vikeologist said, the thread will be in good hands.

IOA - Congrats on completing the challenge in Turkey! I wish I had as well, but my computer issues meant I gradually lost interest in my save and FM in general.

Archived