FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

Muggert well done on getting back into the Seire A, hopefully you can stay there a bit longer this time round.

michiganhugefan good luck joining me in German, don't worry about finances too much the prize money saves you at the end of the year :p

ArranoBeltza, congratulations on the league win, it surely can't be long until you are looking towards Europe given the amount of financial backing you have.

iacovone as Paul said patchy form but it looks like you have enough about you to stay up..... hopefully.

Romanista1994, well done on another league win. Yiğit Konuk looks like he is turning into an incredible player for you!!

As for me i'm in mid February so not long till the youth intake which will no doubt have nothing in it again but I am thinking about doing a separate update about my youth players this year because I've brought quite a few good prospects in over the summer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

096ec1c562dd1876e05c1d2ce17d2236.png

Some bad news as i'm beginning to think that Mbaye might be a very injury prone player and will likely never live up to the potential my staff and I think he has. Bit disappointing really.

9c77f3254416e2465190c717d7bfbbd4.png

Some good news as despite our ropey form and less than impressive start to Ligue 2 this season we have been given the award for best team in Ligue 2 in the 2014 calendar year. Would've thought the French press would hate me/us as I never give them anything always just sending my assistant :D

And the most exciting news we've had in a long time...

59ea89159500b8090d997ecc9b1b815e.png

We've finally got a massive HOME DRAW in one the Cups. This game should surely see us break our gate receipts record and get at least 100/150K into the clubs finances which is much needed. Hopefully we can give Marseille a decent game as well, they're only sitting 13th in Ligue 1 and in dreadful form having scored the least amount of goals in the entire league, i'm hoping for a 0-0, keep them at bay for an extra half an hour and then knock them out on penalties, then get PSG at home in the 10th round :D I can dream right ;)

Thanks guys, had a bit of a panic moment today when my computer overheated during saving and the save wouldn't load afterwards. Luckily, the game had saved a backup around 20 minutes beforehand and I only had to renegotiate a few contracts with free agents.

iacovone - Looks tight there at the bottom, but with a couple of wins you could open up a nice gap to the relegation spots.

Paul - Nice cup draw, hope you beat them.

eabf69a806bddb54cdce9dce2080c76e.png

Absolutely gutting :D When they missed that penalty I thought for sure we'd hold them and that them missing the penalty in extra time would swing it my way. But to lose it in the 122nd minute ffs! I couldn't even argue against their being that much injury time because Qasmi was down for ages in the second half of the extra time. Still so gutting to not get to penalties though :D

Bozüyükspor Kulübü

86dffd98-dce0-41c8-a6b5-4065d1289c43_zps87d13af5.png

Bozüyükspor - 2014/15 - TFF Second League

Bozüyük is a town and district of Bilecik Province in the Marmara region (North West) of Turkey. It is the biggest town in the province with an estimated population of 62,000. Summers are warm to hot, humid and moderately dry whereas winters are cold and wet and sometimes snowy.

7378e799-2629-4884-9d43-51892f8dea5f_zps192c2767.jpg

The Club

Bozüyükspor is a Turkish sports club founded in 1973 and now playing in the Turkish second league. The highest achievement in the clubs history is that of playing in the old second league in the 1991-92 season, something we shall repeat this season.

The Stadium

Bozüyükspor play their home games at the Bozüyükspor Sehir Stadium. It has a capacity of 4,100.

18b45465-fabc-403a-9bcd-b7e4352d6dba_zps46eb82c5.jpg

My initial thoughts are towards that of a tricky start. I don’t have much knowledge of the Turkish football leagues and have discovered that no non-Turkish players can be signed. A complete overhaul of the squad is required along with staff recruitment.

Just noticed i've messed up and not taken screenshots after the 24th round of games had finished playing. I'm close enough to having played 32 league games now that I might as well just wait until a few more games when i've played the 32 to post my next update. I did manage to get one of yet another injury to one of my main strikers, this one being a really really bad one.

d06ff1ada72f34f9defc140aca4f8147.png

dfs_wl_d_elversberg_sv.gif

Elversberg

Season 2022/23

The League

Fixtures I - Fixtures II - League Table

My aim for this season was to improve on last seasons 9th place finish and push for a Europa league spot, for the first half of the season this looked easily achievable but a poor run of games around the winter break saw us drop down to 11th. I went away and made a few tweaks to the tactics to try to stop conceding as many goals and this worked as our form picked up and we climbed the table to our eventual finishing place of 5th. This brought with it a place in next season Europa League group stages and £28m in prize money.

German Cup

Fixtures

A run of favorable draws saw us go all the way to the semi final where we got beaten by 1. FC Koln, a game which we really should have won as they are a much worse team than us.

The Squad

Squad

The squad looks much stronger than it did last season but i'm still looking to improve in a few areas, mainly a new goalkeeper and a CM to challenge Marco Pardo for his first XI place. A few of the stand out performers were;

Jerome David - the young center back came in from OM for £775k at the start of the year and walked into the first XI where he quickly nailed down his place, he neded the season with a 7.33 rating from the 35 games he played. Hopefully more of the same to come from this guy.

Markus Grabowski - came in on a free from Eintracht Frankfurt and played at AMC for the vast majority of the season, he scored 3 goals and crated 14 more in the 29 games he played this season getting a 7.22 average rating in the process.

Transfers

Transfer History

I'll start with the outs, Kolke left for CSKA Moscow because he had dropped down the pecking order due to a new arrival and I figured I'd rather have a bit of cash for him than him hang around on the bench. Hwang Joo-Ho also left the club in January for a fee of £4.5m, more than double what we paid, this was mainly because he just wasn't playing well and when the bid came in he was a fringe player at best with a youngster I brought in getting starts ahead of him so he left.

As you can see I spent quite a lot of money on players coming in, most of the players that came in are between 16-20 and have lots of room for improvement but a few of the first team players that came in and impressed were Kai Koreniuk, a USA international that came in for £2m from Vitesse in January and went on to score 10 goals in the second half of the season. other players to impress were Jerome David and Markus Grabowski, as mentioned above.

I think I might do another update later on to go through some of my younger players who I am really excited about because there a quite a few.

Finances

Finances

As i'm sure you can guess we have a lot of money in the bank after the £28m prize money for our league position came in, one thing to mention though is some has already gone out because we are upgrading our youth and training facilities and I have already done all of my transfer business for next season.

Admin

Facility Upgrades - Manager profile

As I have said we are upgrading both our youth and training facilities as well as apparently planning to build a new stadium which I didn't know about until just now even though its been happening for about a year.

My manager is now the proud holder of a Continental Pro Licence so now the main focus is somehow raising some of the mental attributes of him which are still looking rather average.

The Future

As I've said next seasons transfer business has already been done and I'm pleased with that and I'm hoping to have another season where I finish around 5th in the league again and hopefully I can manage to progress in the Europe League, getting past the group stage is my minimum expectation, as long as I don't get a silly group draw :p.

7cb9e205e2a62fa39673fb24b7a59658.png

865a077a61290b97e7ba43aee372bf1f.png

I wont go into too much detail as their are a lot of games covered in this update but a relatively decent yet still somewhat inconsistent part of the season has lead to us being in an outside shot of promotion with 6 games left. We've got 2 massive games left, one away to Tours and the other at home to LEMANSFC, the other 4 games I all see as relatively winnable games so it will be down to how we fair against 2 other promotion rivals that determines whether we go up. I feel like we could do it but as we started the season so poorly we are relying on 4 other teams to slip up a few times which might not happen.

1f1ea2e39a01e1030c4b24333036eb67.png

The board still doing their best to keep us from being too much in the **** financially.

dj clark boy - Good luck in France.

benroscow - Good luck with Bozüyükspor. Nice to see your club already having adequate junior coaching, should help you get some homegrown talent early on, and since there's plenty of money in the Turkish lower leagues it shouldn't really affect your budgets too much.

chris - Great stuff! Europa League football so quickly after promotion would be great, but getting into the CL would be a fantastic development even just for the players you will be able to attract.

Paul - Good luck for the run-in, might be best to spend another season in Ligue 2 though and maybe make a serious promotion push when you get Vincent Jardin back on a free? ;)

He recently signed a 1 year extension on his contract despite still only playing like 4 games for them :thdn: I do think I would have to strengthen quite a lot if we were to stay up in our first season in Ligue 1, but I think I'd have to do that whether we go up this year or next year. Hoping for this year especially with our horrendous finances :D

benroscow - Best of luck with Bozuyukspor, should be quite a challenge. In my game they moved into League 2 the same season as my Erzurum team but only managed 10 points and a -44 goal differential.

chris - Great job getting to Europe!

Reached the halfway point in my season and we're sitting in 5th. Adopted more of an attacking so far this year to compensate for a couple injuries and poor pitches, both of which have been frustrating my efforts for a possession game. As a result we're leading the league in scoring while being a bit worse than middle of the pack on defense.

Made the Turkish Cup group stages again and managed to win our first game against S. Urfaspor, one of the teams relegated from the Super League last year. Lost our second game to Giresunspor, the team that finished second in our league last year and was promoted. Next up, Galatasaray. We may have a shot against them, they've been struggling with injuries and Europe play and only sit 12th in the Super League currently.

benroscow - Best of luck with Bozuyukspor, should be quite a challenge. In my game they moved into League 2 the same season as my Erzurum team but only managed 10 points and a -44 goal differential.

Thanks Tecmo. Yeah, 3 games in and I've been beaten comfortably in each.

The difference in quality of player between the top 3rd division clubs and me is huge. This is definitely a challenge with the club i've selected! Bring it on!

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 8: 2022/23 Ligue 2

e87768ea1c00ee17bbeb7d6db319f4af.png

Aside from the 3-1 away loss to Tours it was a fantastic end to the season with 12 points from our next 5 games and remaining undefeated in those last 5 games. Was it enough for us to get promoted?!...

665dad8e051feacdc87f39191f4c091b.png

Nope. It was the loss away to Tours that did it, if we'd won that game we would have done it. A shame but perhaps a sign that we're not quite there and ready for Ligue 1. In all fairness considering our resources, finances etc we've done pretty well to challenge for promotion, but I know with the starting 11/subs that we've got when everyone is fit that we're good enough to go up. If we had Jardin last season or especially this season I have no doubt we would've gone up, to see him barely even playing for Olympiakos makes this even more frustrating. A lot of injuries to our strikers didn't help our cause either.

Transfers

Two first team signings, with Mbaye becoming first choice, whilst not being better than the other strikers he has much higher potential and being so young I expected him to increase a lot throughout the season. More on that later. Douichier was signed to compete with Kouakbi for the number 1 spot in goal, but it wasn't much of a competition really with Douichier being comfortably better than him the moment he signed. Weber is an Austrian CM that has very high potential, probably won't see much of him for a few years yet.

Squad pt 1, Squad pt 2=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]

Moussa Diallo our CAM was by far the highlight of the season, 16 goals and 9 assists for him and he ended up joint top scorer, which probably says more about our strikers than anything else but was still a crucial part of team. Our best midfielder aside from Diallo would be Abderrahmane Aichour from the academy, scored 7 goals himself this season which is pretty good for a central midfielder whose primary strengths lie in defending and not attacking. Alpha Mbaye was very good when he was fit, which unfortunately was very rare. Constantly injured and constantly struggled to get match fit when he wasn't injured, is also a very inconsistent player - just a very frustrating player in general, hoping he can stay fit more next year if we are to go up. Fode Koita ended up joint top scorer with Diallo, decent player but is only getting worse with age and actually surprised me by scoring as many as he did. Mamadou Sambague's goal scoring record has always been remarkably average even for a 2nd choice striker, but one thing he does do is get a **** load of exists - 10 goals and 17 assists in 43 starts, not a fantastic record but he offers a lot more than goals which is important to the team. Robert Foulon had a pretty good goal scoring record himself until he broke his leg, hoping he can recover and chip in with a few goals from the bench again next season.

Finances

Just so so bad :D=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2019/20    National    3rd       7th Round     N/A                 N/A       Promoted to Ligue 2! 
2020/21    Ligue 2    15th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A       N/A
2021/22    Ligue 2     9th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A       N/A
2022/23    Ligue 2     5th       8th Round     4th Round           N/A       N/A

logo.png

Pau FC - Youth Academy

Ahcene Ziane, 22, D/WBRL

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

Season    Division   Appearances  Assists  Goals   MOTM  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   National      31           4       0      0
2018/19   National      37           2       1      2
2019/20   National      33           5       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       37           1       0      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       39           2       0      2
2022/23   Ligue 2       40           4       0      1
Total                  217          18       1      5    

International: 
Algeria U20: 4 caps, 1 goals

Summary: First guy to break the 200 appearance landmark. Does his best to limit the amount of games he plays by constantly getting suspensions through too many yellow cards.

Kevin Haller, 22, DC/DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=22"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

End of Season 7 Profile

2017/18   National      12           1       0      0
2018/19   National      39           2       0      0
2019/20   National      26           1       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       35           0       1      1
2021/22   Ligue 2       36           0       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2       36           1       1      1
Total                  184           5       3      3    

Summary: His standard 1 month injury prevented him from featuring in more games.

Abderrahmane Aichour, 20, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

2017/18   National      1            0       0      0
2018/19   National     25            2       4      2
2019/20   National     36            2       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2      32            3       6      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      40            3       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2      39            3       7      3
Total                 173           13      17      6    

International:
Algeria U20: 14 caps, 0 goals

Summary: A great season for Aichour, added 4 more caps to his U20 Algeria collection

Karim Amroune, 21, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=18"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=23"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
2018/19   National      3            0       0      0
2019/20   National     18            1       3      1
2020/21   Ligue 2      25            1       2      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      29            3       1      0
2022/23   Ligue 2      45            4       0      0
Total                 122            9       6      2    

International:
Algeria U20: 4 Caps, 0 Goals

Summary: Pretty sure he featured in every single game of our campaign. Definitely room to improve for him but my staff do reckon he has the potential to do so.

Gerard Vincent, DRC/DM, 20

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=15"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=25"]End of Season 2 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

2018/19   National      4            0       0      0
2019/20   National     21            3       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       7            0       0      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       2            0       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2       3            0       0      0
Total                  37            3       1      1    

Summary: Injuries meant he barely featured, although even if he'd been fit more he'd only have been on the bench anyway.

Bastian Bonnel, 18, MC/CAM

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=26"]End of Season 1 Profile

End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

2019/20   National      7            0       1      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       5            1       1      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       1            0       0      0
2022/23   Ligue 2       0            0       0      0
Total                  13            1       2      0    

Summary: Wasn't good enough to warrant inclusion in any games, even in the cups. I'd be amazed if he made it now, not really improved physically from when he was 14, 2 strength is just awful even for a 5ft 2 and 9 stone guy. Needs to hit the gym.

Others

• Emergency back up utility midfielder Yanis Bats got a start in the French Cup and then a start and a sub game in the league, he actually scored and got MOTM in 1 start and iirc he scored the winner. Took him off the actual updates a while back as expected him to want to leave when there was no first team football on offer but if he's happy to stay as a pretty cheap back-up player i'll probably keep him around.
  • 21 year old DM Jonathan Lebrun started 2 games in the league when we were desperate and he was painfully average.
  • 21 year old DLC/DM Maxime Huguet also saw 1 start in the league when we had an injury crisis, wasn't great really although he does appear to have a pretty sweet lip piercing.
  • I'm not really sure why Mamadou Diouf is still content to stay at the club, he's 23 now and has barely played any first team football in his tenure. I suppose the 600p/w wages for being nothing more than a back-up bench player might be why, but still seems odd that he hasn't requested first team football at all. Got 8 sub appearances when I was looking to close games out and make defensive subs.
  • Lillian Gauthier an 18 year old DM prospect saw 1 sub game in the league and 1 in the Cup, he scored in the Cup which might also have been a winner iirc.

Alumni

• Vincent Jardin started 4 times for Olympiakos and got 2 sub games, getting just an assist. Had an average rating of 7.22 though which is pretty decent, I think they might be playing him at AML or CAM. Disappointing that he's still not getting the first team football he needs to develop especially when we're crying out for a striker as consistent and good as him at this level.
  • Sami Denis did actually manage to find a club, Genets Anglet of the CFA C. By the looks of it he is a regular starter for them which is nice to see, though it looks like he's been pretty crap really judging by his stats and average rating

Well there’s a lot to catch up on over the last few days.....

Virilem - solid finish of 9th in Ligue 2 there. Good luck making further progress next season.

Iacovone - Decent performance all things considered against Porto. Must have been nice to play one of the big boys. Solid in the league, plenty to play for.

ArranoBeltza - congratulations on the title and promotion to La Liga. Great to see Altamirs still performing.

Chris11223 - well done on promotion. Tough not being given money to spend. Even more praise due therefore for the 9th place finish and the following finish of 5th.

Romanista1994 - well done on the league title and a swift return to the top division. Nice to be linked with one of the top jobs too.

Muggert - well done on promotion to Serie A

Paulhartman71 - solid progress still. That was a big wage budget drop to contend with mind! Nice to see your performances recognised and I feel your pain with the Marseille result. Gutting. Great job finishing 5th though. hopefully you’ll soon make it out of that league and give yourself half a chance managing the finances!

Michiganhugefan - welcome to the challenge and good luck with Rot-Weiss Essen.

DJ Clark Boy - welcome and good luck in France

Benroscrow - welcome and good luck in Turkey.

As for Siena, I finished the season last night and will hopefully have a season review up tomorrow.

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 8) - 2022/2023

League Table

LeagueTable-2.png

We did it! We didn’t deserve to be in the top 2 as they were consistent whereas we weren’t and missed many chances to win the league and/or achieve an automatic promotion. However, when it came to it, we were successful in the playoffs, whom weren’t in the same quality as myself and the top 2. We didn’t score as much as we usually do but in the end we were defensively solid and that’s what helped us the most.

Transfers

TRansfers.png

Transfers In - Thanks to agents offering us superb players, I managed to snap up 4 foreigners, even though I already had 3 and I could only register 3! In the end I registered the 3 I bought from this season, whereas the others were sent to the U21 or out on loan, however, with Coulibaly he was just too good not to sign and I signed him hoping that I would be promoted and then I could take advantage of the rules which meant I could use additional foreign players. Two other players arrived on a free transfer, and they were the two best performers from last season when I had them on loan, their contracts expired so I didn’t hesitate to snap them up on free transfers, the other loans in were to strengthen the squad.

Transfers Out - Just more of the usual, youth players sent on loan to my affiliate clubs.

Squad

Squad-2.png

Weirdly average ratings were low this season, despite our achievements. I will be looking to take advantage of Coulibaly in GK next season and will need reinforcements in defence and maybe a few more loans to increase the squad depth, as none of them impressed apart from Harun Golen.

Player of the Season - Jean Diego - Without a doubt my favourite transfer so far and best performer of the season, he was consistent throughout and as I did not have a LB, I managed to retrain him as a LB and he has not disappointed and despite learning a new position since the start of the season, he continued to be the most consistent and best performer.

Team Report - 2nd tallest in the league and no longer the worse team with the lowest work rate. Highest Average Rating was my sub ST - Burak Atik and most assists and goals came from Onur Yazici and Mushin Bulut who continued to have consistent seasons.

Turkish Cup

TurkishCup-4.png

The complete opposite of the season before, we lost in the first round we played in against an opposition in the same league as us 3-1 away.

Finances

Finances-2.png

The finances weren’t as good as previous seasons, I think the players I signed this season and in general the new contracts I offered to players and staff were higher than before and we didn’t have the additional funds that the cup run gave us, hopefully we should be able to make more money next season in the Super League where we are given money per game if we win or draw.

Next Season

Stadium.png

First things first, the minimum stadium size in the Super League is 10,000 so our stadium will be increased in size and I will not contribute a single penny towards it! In the meantime, we will be playing in a 20,000 seated stadium!

Ouch 1

Ouch 2

Ouch! Doh! Let’s hope our finances don't get hit too much as a result of the above.

Finally, the aims for next season will be to survive in the league at any cost, which means I do not care about the Turkish Cup as long as we survive, so I may therefore try my best to be eliminated as early as possible as I don’t think my team can cope with the additional games of the Cup and the League.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Season 6 Preseason Report

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

Several money transfers out, Arslan only leaving because his release clause was activated. I had a tough time finding a replacement for him, but eventually settled upon Nukan, breaking our transfer record with a £400k transfer fee.

In terms of transfers in I think the most promising is Hakan Bülbül. He is a Turkish U19s international at the age of 17, who was released by Göztepe. After a brief trial we snapped him up and he is currently being tutored by Harun Tekin, which has led his attributes to shoot up. I think he could well become the long-term replacement for Tekin, so I'm very glad to have gotten him in on a free.

Friendly Results

Friendlies

Once again we didn't concede a single goal in friendlies.

Current First Eleven

GK: Harun Tekin - Last year he managed to keep 17 clean sheets in the league, while only conceding 18 goals. To say that he will be vital to us this season is an understatement.

RB: Burak Yurunuş - A good, attacking fullback with nice defensive attributes. Unfortunately he is inconsistent.

CB: Cenk Kaplan - He is slow, but he is also our club captain, so I couldn't leave him out.

CB: Atınç Nukan - A new addition to our defence, whose height could be very useful both in defence and in attack.

LB: Gustavo Da Ros - Da Ros continues to develop and I've now made him vice-captain, I'll have to sort his contract out soon, as I feel vultures will begin to circle around him before long.

DM: Damir Zlomislic - A new foreign addition, he should provide an excellent shield for our defence.

RM: Kemal Efe - His runs on the right flank will be very important for us.

CM: Jules Ebwelle - Ebwelle is now rated as a Super League star, while he continues to improve his attributes.

CM: Abdurrahman Aksu - This could be a very important season for him in terms of development, as he is getting close to being a Super League level player.

LM: Carlinhos - He has the ability to be a star player for us, but his injuries cost him last season. Keeping him fit will be vital, especially for big games, where he thrives.

ST: Yiğit Konuk - Konuk is developing into an excellent player.

Avoiding relegation will be the aim, as our squad should be strong enough for that. There are at least a couple of teams which seem weaker than us, so I'm fairly confident we can stay up.

RW Essen - German 2nd Division - 2016/17 – 2nd season - 7th Place

Manager

Profile - Information

Squad

Transfers

Quite a few transfers including the spending of money. Shame both turned out to be not worth paying for but not the end of the world. We did also sell 2 15 year olds with a chunk of potential for around a million up front for the pair. Still more to come if they become successful. Offer too good to turn down but the squad didn’t see it that way. They were not happy! No option to tell them that either which is frustrating.

Transfer History

Squad - Tactics

Goalkeepers

Niclas Heimann/Niklas Lomb

Heimann was again first choice and I never gave Lomb a chance. Like a bit of stability and wanted my strongest team for the cups. Heimann made some crucial penalty saves.

Future Plans – Looking for a replacement as neither are great. Will sell one if I do. Not an urgent priority as of yet.

Right Backs

Mahmut Oezen/Jens Janse/Max Dombrowka

A bit of a weak link in my side. Spent a lot on Oezen and he was poor. Was dropped after a stupid red card in the cup.

Janse isn’t much and saw some action. Ever the dependable Dombrowka played most games. Solid but nothing special.

Future Plans – Definitely get someone in as first choice. Sell Janse. May give Oezen another chance. May flog him whilst he still has value. Dombrowka is versatile so will stay in the squad.

Left Backs

Juan Carlos Garcia/Patrick Huckle/Max Dombrowka

Garcia is a solid at the back but not great going forward. Huckle is rubbish. Both I set as limited full backs to try and keep them to just defending. Let the guys ahead of them do their job. Dombrowka played one or two matches here.

Future Plans – Just like right back this is a priority. Sell Huckle.

Centre Backs

Florian Krebs/Tim Kister/Andrea Accardi

Krebs and Kister were the main pairing until Accardi got the chance due to a suspension. Rotate between the 3. Accardi I tended to leave out of the bigger matches as he can be a bit reckless. Still young so has time to improve.

Future Plans – Currently looking at 2 guys who appear to be better than all 3. Might sign both and sell Krebs and Kister. Definitely at least one of those is going.

Defensive/Central Midfielers

Kai Nakowitsch/Adil Aussar/Benjamin Baier/Tim Treude/Daniel Grebe

Nakowitsch and Aussar are amazing. Great players. Shame the get booked so often! Both managed to get suspended at the same time for too many bookings. Left my midfield a bit barren. Baier didn’t play that much but going by how he played when he got on, I’ll be giving him more chances next season. Treude is versatile and Grebe is rubbish.

Future Plans – Get rid of Grebe. Get in at least one player to give competition. Play Baier more.

Attacking Central Midfielders

Melvin De Leeuw/Francesco Ortalano/Ceibo Soukou

All 3 were not great with De Leeuw being the best but he did cost money and definitely hasn’t shown his worth yet.

Future Plans – Ortalano will return from his loan. Get rid of Soukou. Get in someone good. De Leeuw can be back up.

Wingers

Luka Sliskovic/Tobias Steffen/Furdjel Narsingh/Lukas Arenz

Sliskovic was immense. Second top scorer from the wing and scored important goals too. Best loan signing I’ve had in a long while. Steffen was main first choice until Narsingh got in and registered (had some issues). Narsingh was good until he got injured and Steffen stepped in. Arenz is back up at best.

Future Plans – Sliskovic will sign on a permanent transfer which is great news. Sell Arenz. Get someone else in.

Strikers

Sven Kreyer/Marc Brasnic/Konstantin Sawin

Kreyer was top scorer last season and repeated the feat again. Great player. Brasnic a very good back up who was also great to take on as a 2nd striker. Grabbed himself more assists than goals but that isn’t too bad. Sawin is ok. Quite young and also got a few games at CAM.

League

This turned out to be a very good season. I exceeded my expectations last season by winning the league and we exceeded expectations yet again. I was prepared to face a tough season of avoiding relegation and after a dodgy start it looked to be that way. Things picked up and by the winter break I was in contention for a play-off spot. I changed my expectations to midtable and we stayed in the hunt until fairly the end of the season. Very happy with 7th place.

Table - Graph - Fixtures

Cup

I was also glad to be involved in the cup. I have previous for cups on FM and I do like a good run to improve the finances.

1st Round

I wasn't exactly delighted to get a 1st Divison side in my opening game but a visit from Freiburg wasn't the end of the world. As expected they dominated but weren't threatening too much. However, a very disappointing end to the 2nd half saw 2 goals in 3 minutes left me pretty furious with the defence.

At the hour mark I decided to throw caution to the wind and went 2 up top. It looked to have paid off when Kreyer was put in by his strike partner to grab one back in the 75th minute. It looked as though it would be for nothing as nothing of note happened again until the 89th minute when Tobias Steffen received the ball on the edge of the box before pile-driving it into the the top left corner. There were suspicions of offside but I'll take it! I thought we'd grabbed a replay but forgot that these go to extra-time.

After 11 minutes of nervy and tepid stuff a slack back pass allowed Kreyer in to round the goalkeeper and put us in the lead! We then sat back and dealt with a barrage attacks from them we nicked the ball outside our box, launched it forward and their defence again tried to get it back to the goalkeeper but left it short. Kreyer latched onto it and lashed it home!

RW Essen 4 - 2 Freiburg AET

2nd Round

Expecting another 1st Division side we were instead given top of the table and eventual Second Division Champions, Nuernberg. Facing a side that good away from home was always going to After taking the lead inside 10 minutes through Sliskovic I was majorly upset to see us 1-1 and facing a penalty after 21 minutes. Luckily it was saved but I was still furious with right back Oezen as he lost the ball for the first goal and he didn't track the runner for the penalty. He then added to that by managing to get himself a straight red card a minute into the 2nd half.

Considering he hadn't played greatly in previous games this was the final nail in his coffin. We bravely held on and with 15 minutes to go and not fancying our fitness at the time I again gambled and went 2 up front. With 10 minutes to go and their defenders occupied Sliskovic sneaked in behind the defence and was laid in by Brasnic before firing in the winner. Again we appeared to be the beneficiaries of an offside decision gone wrong but again I don't care!

Nuernberg 1 - 2 RW Essen

3rd Round

Again we were drawn a Bundesliga side but this time it was away to Borussia Moenchengladbach. 3-0 down on the hour mark I again threw caution to the wind but this time went 3 up front. It quickly paid dividends as we grabbed one back. Sadly we then went 4-1 down. We scored in the 81st and 88th minute to make it 4-3 but despite a late chance to equalise we unfortunately lost.

Borussia Moenchengladbach 4 – 3 RW Essen

A bumper introduction to my squad due to my very brief update last time.

Aiming to actually participate in this thread outwith my updates and to also play the game a bit more as this season took ages.

Chose RW Essen because red and white are the colours of Aberdeen, my real life club.

And as always, if you want to know more/want any other screenshots just ask.

Well done all. Paul - glad to see I'm not the only one with diabolical finances!

Romanista - love Jules Ebwelle. Such a strong name too!

As for Machico, we're in a serious relegation battle with just seven games to go. I genuinely don't think I could cope if we got relegated. It'd be so devastating :D

Romanista - love Jules Ebwelle. Such a strong name too!

As for Machico, we're in a serious relegation battle with just seven games to go. I genuinely don't think I could cope if we got relegated. It'd be so devastating :D

You've picked the right player to love! He was having a slow start to the season and then he did this.

Good luck in your battle against relegation.

5afdca26a2946c57d81333a4b7980700.png

4286ff48d5b09d09246a65b56fae4b62.png

Quick look at the transfers I made. Despite their massive decrease of my wage budget they actually put it back up to 90K or so when I told them I'd challenge for promotion. These weren't the best players I found, more the best I could afford. I had so many players on trial that were better than what I ended up with but I just couldn't afford either their wages or their agent fees/signing on fees. Another "big" boost to our measly transfer and wage budget was the departure of Gonzalo Rojas who has been first choice right back/left back cover for a while now. He was/is a quality player and I knew I wouldn't be able to replace him with someone of equal quality, but 275K was too much to turn down for a right back in our financial situation, got the potential to go up to 500K in clauses and that.

Timothy Agu was the best RB I could get in to replace/cover with Qasmi, he's not great but he'll do. Ilyes Chaibi is a striker, he's chipped in with a couple of goals but whether he will continue as first choice remains to be seen. Samuel Ally is a CB, at a first glance at our fixtures you'd have probably assumed he was a striker, he's got 3 goals in 7 games, his 16 heading coming in handy! Jean-Jacques Boumai was signed to add a bit of depth to CM and CAM. Mattheo Marchand to add depth to DC/DM/MC and finally ex-Arsenal man himself Nacer Barazite to provide competition for CAM, he's only made 1 sub appearance so far though as he got injured in first match.

e03258c79ba9f003dacfcf9116594cf8.png

We've yet again progressed through the first two rounds of the Coupe de la Ligue, under very jammy circumstances I will admit. A penalty shoot out victory after a very uneventful game with Bastia, and then a 1-0 win in extra time over FC Istres who finished the match with 10 men, had 1 player sent off on the 70th minute and then another hobbled off with an injury in the 104th minute - would've been pissed if we still hadn't got the win :D

3 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses from our first 8 league games isn't terrible form and isn't terribly good either. We've not really found a consistent goal scorer and i'm actually struggling to pick 2 strikers to start, Sambague hasn't been assisting like last season and Diallo hasn't stepped up in the same way he did last season either.

401ab97053f403880d0e661cefcd4d4c.png

We sit 10th place but I feel like its almost worthless looking at the league table so early into the season as this league is so open it can all change in a few games anyway.

Oh and...

706a5485368f62e84eb92e5ca8aad7d6.png

My Chairman is looking to step down, it doesn't appear to be anything exciting as rumour has it a director will take over, but if it results in some of the debt being cleared then its certainly win win :D Just hope i'm not sacked!

IOA - congratulations on promotion. Those contract clauses are going to hurt though! good luck surviving in the top division.

Romanista1994 - good luck for the new season. I love Ebwelle as a player, who definitely has great potential to get even better. Nukan is certainly a giant too!

Minisav - great first season in 2. Bundesliga. Some really good cup performances too which must give you more confidence for next season too.

PaulHartman71 - solid start to the new season. Hopefully the takeover will ease the financial burden a bit. Hopefully he’s still willing to bail you out when necessary too!

First Super League scalp as we knock off Giresunspor with a brilliant 3-2 come from behind victory! Down 2-0 at halftime, got aggressive and it paid off as we dominated them in the second half. To be fair, they were just promoted to the top league this year, so not exactly a premium scalp but we'll take it. Two games left in the Turkish Cup group stages and we're in 3rd, a point behind Galatasaray and tied with Giresunspor with 6 points but down two in goal difference. Still 5th in the league but looking like we're going to be in a fight among a half dozen teams for the last two playoff spots.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 7 -- 2021-22 |

Segunda Liga

Table | Results | Results 2 | Results 3

With promotion coming last season, this year was all about survival and that's exactly what we achieved. Just. There was a time when I was genuinely worried we'd go down but a couple of consecutive wins right at the tail end of the season ensured we kept far enough away from danger.

High point: 2-0 win at 1st place Chaves

Low point: 7-1 loss at Leixoes

Squad

We only ended up with two players averaging over a 7 but Amaro Neto continued to prove he has what it takes at this level, ending the year as the fans' player of the year. At the back only Claudio Martins deserves a mention and even then he was far from impressive. Plus we lose him in the summer as he returns to Maritimo.

Augusto Rodrigues may have conceded 92 goals in 46 games but he did score EIGHT from the spot, so there's that :).

Moving further forward Aldair's form was something to shout about as he collected eight goals and 15 assists from mainly the right flank. There's a good chance he'll be the new club captain next year. Sapalo was integral in CM and I'm pleased we managed to keep him fit for most of the season.

Up top we have two 4.5 star strikers but they didn't quite find the consistency I hoped they would. Oliver Sarkic went through a bad goalless spell and although Pedro Figuero found the net 15 times he regularly went missing. Hopefully by improving the rest of the squad these two will excel next year.

Finally, a mention for Sergio, our academy graduate who scored the goal that took us up last year. On paper he's not great technically or physically but he's mentally resilient and is a favourite of mine. I can see him slipping down the pecking order but he's a popular one of mine.

Squad Stats[/url]

Admin

We were given £280k for finishing 15th in the second division, which was surprisingly high IMO. It means they club have doubled the wage budget I have to work with in the summer which is absolutely MASSIVE for us. I've got a long list of a load of quality players I want to bring in and that's more than achievable with this budget (£23.6k from £10.6k).

Won the fair play award didn't we?

Best XI

All-time Best XI

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2021/22 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile

Manager Info

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

Expected to finish dead last, we ended in 12th place and survived without having dropped into the relegation zone all season.

The first half of our season was strong, having pulled off a number of fairly impressive wins and went into the second half in eighth place. In February, however, we began slumping and never really recovered form. Fortunately, we still had enough about us for a respectable mid-table finish. On one hand, we scored the fifth most goals in the league. On the other hand, the only team that conceded more than us was last-placed Almeria.

Best Eleven (4-2-3-1 wide, 2DM):

Goalkeeper

Roberto- Because of poor defensive performances, Roberto was one of three goalkeepers bought in January in an attempt to stop leaking goals. Roberto played well, but needs more help from the defense. Also, at 36 years old, he will not be a long-term option.

Defense

Gonzalo Pace (DL/DR)- A really disappointing signing, but one of the best out of a few bad options. Played on both sides of the defense and never really got going. Luckily, he didn't cost me much money. I'm looking to sell but if he's around next year I'm not trying to make him a regular starter.

Eugene Maa Boumsong (DC)- Our most consistent defender, Maa Boumsong wasn't great but was fairly consistent and didn't make as many blunders as the rest of our defense. Also our sole representative at the 2022 World Cup.

Julio Cesar (DC)- Didn't play well and has stopped developing as a player, but still played a lot due to a lack of options. Is leaving at the end of his contract.

Mikel Balenziaga (DL/DR)- The Athletic Club veteran was brought in on loan to provide veteran know-how to my defense. Played fairly well and actually had a few excellent games. I offered him a Bosman and he'll be returning to our team next year, but is not a long-term option for obvious reasons.

Midfield

Diego (DM/MC/DC)- Diego Rodriguez (formerly Diego Osia) has been a fixture in the first-team since our days in the third tier and continues to play well. He managed five goals, at least one from a stunning free-kick, while the others were knocked in when he found himself in good position on other attacking set-pieces.

Kevin Paterson (DM/MC)- When you don't score goals regularly, what can you do to set yourself apart? Either perform with relative consistency or show positive development. This young Scot did both.

Fabio Gaucho (AMR/AML/MR/ML/AMC)- Our young Brazilian winger gave us a solid season, but a three-month long injury to him exposed a lack of quality in depth at this position. Fortunately, I've already lined up some players who can cover across the attacking midfield slots. Hopefully, though, Fabio Gaucho can remain healthy.

Steffan Stokholm (AMC/MC/ST, Fans' Player of the Year)- What can be said about this guy? He played extremely well all season. Contributed an impressive 16 goals and 10 assists. His goal tally and overall rating both went up from last year, which is impressive given the fact that our team didn't change a whole lot and that we're now playing in the top tier. He earned his first caps for Denmark and won the 2021 European Golden Boy award. Trouble may be brewing, however, with AC Milan, Liverpool, and Man United all allegedly interested in signing him now. He's currently unhappy that I told him I will not let him leave for Liverpool. I am expecting a long fight to keep him this summer.

Petar Dimitrov (AML/ML/MR/AMR)- Still in his teens, the determined Bulgarian perhaps had no business performing at this level. Still, he was our first-choice on the left wing and did just fine, also showing more upside in training over the year. Next year, though, I have reinforcements coming that may see him relegated to a rotation option. Still, I'm glad to have him around and anxious to see if he can reach the potential my scouts say that he can.

Forwards

Inaki Altamira- Wasn't quite as convincing as seasons past (for the obvious reason that this is the top flight), but still led the team with 18 league goals. He was our clear first-choice as the teenage strikers in the team haven't developed quite as planned, but there is a Norwegian youngster on his way in next year who may well give Altamira some competiti

TRANSFERS

As you can see, things were relatively quiet on the transfers front. This was largely intentional- I felt that our team was good enough to meet our goal of survival and wanted a year to evaluate them before dipping heavily into the market. I also gambled that survival would mean increased budgets for next year (I was right), allowing me to bring in much better players than I could have this time around. Here are a few new signings worth mentioning:

Marcos Solalinde (GK)- Brought in mid-season as a long-term GK option. Only played for the youth team, but showed positives in his attributes and already debuted for his national team. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Gary Baldwin (DR)- A low-risk investment brought in from Ireland. Gary Baldwin was discovered as a 'potential good Liga BBVA right-back in the future'. He made some appearances already due to how ****** my defense was and actually played okay. He developed well since his arrival and my scouts now say that he has world-class potential. He has a long way to go before he reaches that, but if that turns out to be true he could turn into perhaps my most brilliant signing yet.

FINANCES

Another season operating at a loss, but nothing to worry about with our tycoon chairman. On the positive side, we have signed a number of new sponsorship deals which will bring our sponsorship revenue up from $1.42mil to $3.8mil. We also sold out nearly every game this season and had our highest average attendance yet. Because of this, I asked for a new stadium to be built and it was granted- we'll be moving in to a 23,750 capacity ground in the summer of 2024.

GOALS FOR 2022/23

- IMPROVE DEFENSE: A goal from last year, I failed to accomplish it. I've already lamented about our leaky defense so going forward this is my #1 transfer priority.

- ESTABLISH THE TEAM: With the right signings, I could see us potentially challenging for a Europa League spot. Still, I'm aiming for an improved mid-table finish; I won't go all-out with my expectations just yet.

- IMPROVE DEPTH: Another unfulfilled goal from last year. The only position where I have quality in-depth right now is DM and I suppose in-goal. I'm looking to buy and to sell; we could potentially see the largest team makeover yet.

: "Stone Cold Crazy" by Queen. It was crazy not to dip into the market more. Also, the frantic energy of the song kind of captures our own bipolarity and scrappiness over the last year.

Bozüyükspor Kulübü

86dffd98-dce0-41c8-a6b5-4065d1289c43_zps87d13af5.png

Bozüyükspor - 2015/16 - TFF Second League

The Club

Manager Profile | Finances | Transfers | Facilities

My finances looked fine ending the season. £300k prize money boosted the accounts. I've yet to get the chairman to agree in upgrading the training and youth facilities.

The Players

Gurler | Aday | Erenler | Colak | Fatih Aydin

I signed almost a complete new squad. With odds of 2000-1 at the start of the season, the low number of players i did inherit were not good enough.

Screenshots are of some of the better players i signed. The stats aren't exactly impressive.

The League

League Table

Predicted Finish: 18th.

Actual Finish: 9th.

We only managed 1 win in our first 9 league games. Things were desperate. We tried a few of the younger players and as they got familiar with the tactics things picked up. We did amazingly rise up to 7th at one point but ended up in a much more than expected 9th spot. Hopefully we can consolidate next season, keeping hold of the staff and strengthening the playing squad. Also crossing my fingers that not too many of the ‘bigger’ PTT1 clubs come down.

The Cup

Cup Fixtures

Unsurprisingly we were knocked out of the cup in the first round. Something I’m definitely looking to improve on next season.

Summary

I’m delighted with how the season went. We are in positive money and more than exceeded the expected league position. I’ll be looking to improve both youth and training facilities this upcoming season.

Oh so close to moving on in the Turkish Cup

Turkish Cup Group Stage

We lost our 5th game to S. Urfaspor on a 94th minute own goal on a corner and went into the last game at home against Galatasaray needing a win and a tie between S Urfaspor and Giresunspor. We managed a well deserved 2-1 win but Giresunspor also won 2-1 and we fail to advance on goal difference.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Pre-Season 2022-23 |

Segunda Liga

| Transfers |

There are now 5,500 players interested in joining Machico (up from about 3000 this time last year) so our 15th place finish last year clearly boosted our reputation. With a number of players' contracts expiring in the summer I had loads of room to manoeuver in the market and with the board more than doubling the wage budget I went to town.

Manuel Martins (GK)

Claudio Martins (DC/DM)

Diogo Pereira (DC)

Emmanuel Baffoe (DC) - loan

Clecio (DLC)

Filipe Lucas (DL/R)

Samuel Diallo (D/WBR/C)

Taubate (D/WBR/C/DM/MRC)

Fabinho (DM/M/AMC)

Antonio Rodrigues (DM/MC)

William Jose (M/AMC)

Pedro Jesus (M/AMRC)

Antonio (M/AML)

Fabio Balsamo (AM/ST)

So plenty of men through the door and I only had 11 players from last season's first team squad registered as we kicked the first ball of the 2022-23 season.

So to go through the list. Martins is a superior keeper to our goalscoring shot-stopper and Claudio Martins returns after Maritimo released him.

Baffoe is by far and away our best defender, while Pereira should compliment him nicely. Clecio, Taubate and Lucas will provide good depth and Diallo has the makings of an excellent wing-back, so long as he improves his marking.

Fabinho comes in as vice-captain while Antonio Rodrigues is a brilliant destroyer for this level. Jose has potential, Antonio and Jesus are new first-choice wingers and Balsamo adds competition up front and in behind the strikers.

Squad Numbers

Season Tickets Sold: 190 (up from 173)

Romanista1994 - Good luck for the season mate, the Super League is a joke lol

minisav - Congrats on a successful season

iacovone - Congrats on a midtable(ish) position and with the changes for the next season I'm sure you'll have a even better season!

PaulHartman71 - Didnt you call me jammy? You're the jammy so and so with the new chairman :D

ArranoBeltza - Superb first season, possibly the best first season in the top division so far?

benroscrow - Great start to the challenge, good luck

95e3190ba407f890103b8fc2200f2277.png

Went out to Ligue 1 opposition once again in the Coupe de la Ligue, losing 2-1 to Evian TG. Got an easy draw in the French Cup, only managed to win 1-0 which was a bit scary, serves me right for putting a heavily weakened team of youth/fringe players out! 3 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses in the league, the highlight definitely being the comeback win against Valenciennes, we'd been 2-0 up, looked like we blew it to 3-2 but then pulled it back to win 4-3 late on.

a794bb21dcd79927b153e8d12729b19a.png

This run of games now puts us in 9th place, 5 points off the 3rd place we'd need to gain promotion. Lost more games than I would have liked at this stage but the league does look the weakest i've seen it so far in relation to teams that are significantly stronger than us, we were comfortably better than Havre last season and finished a place above Chamois Niortais and neither of those teams particularly scare me. LEMANSFC the main threat, the 3 that came down from Ligue 1 - Stade de Reims, Metz and Dijon have all started the season terribly and don't look like Ligue 1 quality sides which is massively beneficial in our promotion bid.

iacovone - Good job surviving, with a bigger wage budget next season I'm sure you'll be fine.

ArranoBeltza - That's a good first season in the top league, that sort of financial backing will certainly help you push on to challenge for Europe.

benroscrow - Nice job defying those terrible odds and staying up.

Tecmo - Good stuff in the cup, even if you didn't qualify winning against giants like Galatasaray will stand your players in good stead for the future.

Paul - A decent balance sheet at last, hope it allows you to strengthen in the winter transfer window for a strong promotion push.

Piacenza Calcio 1919

mMGWKoo.jpg

Piacenza - 2020/21 - Italian Serie A

Squad | Table | Transfers | Finances

Final position: 14th

Coppa Italia: 4th Qual Rnd loss to Avellino, 1-4 away AET

Best result: 2-2 draw away against Milan

Worst result: 1-4 away loss in extra time to Avellino

Top goalscorer: Bira, 11 (8 in the league)

Most assists: Freddy Jara, 8 (8 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Freddy Jara, 7.20(7.20 in the league)

2020/21 Quick takes:

- Berardi from Juve. 35(3) games, 42 goals, 18 assists, 13 MoM, 8,07 AvR

- While we ended up 5 points clear of relegation, we were confident in staying up all season long.

- Our finances are great, and we've revamped the entire backroom staff

Players of the season:

D C | Jacob Hansen | Bought in the winter and made an instant impact.

M C | Tommasso Arigoni | Our leader who's leading by example.

ST | Freddy Jara | The speedster fitted our playstyle well.

2021/22 Quick takes:

- We'll continue to find bargain youngsters with potential, also one world class player.

- We'll be trying a new tactic in the next season.

- We have some nice talented youngsters coming through.

Archived