FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

Yeah, hopefully I can go straight back up. I'm 4th favorite to win the league so I'll be there or there abouts come the end of the year.

As for Regens the three good ones I've signed are

- Marco Pardo who you have seen before, he'll come in at the end of the year and has the potential to be a good Bundesliga midfielder.

- Cristian Alvarez is a Colombian who can be a decent Bundesliga winger but I will have to wait 2 years before be can join at the age of 18.

- Kevin Ritchie who is a Scottish right back with the potential to be a good Bundesliga player, he's at the club now but can't play until he is 17 in November

All three of them like to play in big matches and Prado and Ritchie are consistant performers so hopefully big things can come of these three :).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, hopefully I can go straight back up. I'm 4th favorite to win the league so I'll be there or there abouts come the end of the year.

As for Regens the three good ones I've signed are

- Marco Pardo who you have seen before, he'll come in at the end of the year and has the potential to be a good Bundesliga midfielder.

- Cristian Alvarez is a Colombian who can be a decent Bundesliga winger but I will have to wait 2 years before be can join at the age of 18.

- Kevin Ritchie who is a Scottish right back with the potential to be a good Bundesliga player, he's at the club now but can't play until he is 17 in November

All three of them like to play in big matches and Prado and Ritchie are consistant performers so hopefully big things can come of these three :).

I really like those kids and I wish I had them! :thup: Though, I've picked up a Brazilian kid and the story of how I found him is kind of hilarious.

Regardless of attributes, consistency is one of the most important things I look for when trolling for those newgens. For example, my boy Altamira is rated as consistent- even though he's not my best striker attributes-wise, he kills it.

Yeah I tend to look more for consistency but I find that it is something that players develop over time like in real life and youngsters who are 'consistent' are few and far between.

One of my current strikers has the consistent 'trait' thing, the only problem is it would appear he is consistently poor :p.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2016/17 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

I like that my best coaching attribute is defending. Our staff will need some fleshing out, especially in the scouting department. Also, very pleasing was that we had by far the highest possession in the league, as my approach focuses on slowly getting the ball forward to provide support for the lone striker.

Turkish 2. League Red Group

Predicted finish: 9th

Actual Finish: 1st (Champions!)

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

We won it! A fantastic season all-round as we quickly made our way up the table and maintained that position for long stretches of the season. Later on we faltered a bit as the players were struggling with the pressures of the title race, so I changed my motivational strategy and eased the pressure somewhat with teamtalks. This approach proved succesful as we went on to win five games in a row to claim the title.

Cup

3rd Round

First we faced a team in our league, and duly dispatched them with a 3-0 scoreline. In the 3rd round we were up against a Superleague team, and actually took the lead against them. They upped their game in the second half, however, and ran out 3-1 winners.

Squad

Squad Screen

Not visible above Solak are our two goalkeepers.

Most Appearances: Emre Karaman (33 starts)

Top Goalscorer: Fırat Akkaya (13)

Most Assists: Gökhan Sazdağı (8)

Highest Average Rating: Sebahattin Usta (7.37)

Players

Since this season was so successful, I will give an overview of all the players who played a role in bringing the Turkish 2. League Red title to Batman.

GK: Eray Birniçan, Ufuk Ceylan - At the start they rotated, each getting half of our games. Later in the season Ceylan's performances slightly dropped, while Birniçan continued his amazing form keeping 12 clean sheets in 19 league games (to Ceylan's 8 in 15).

RB: Hakan Ateş, Kadir Solak - Ateş did great in his "new" position, but when he got injured Solak proved to be an able replacement.

CB: Emre Karaman - Did great, probably doesn't have what it takes to make the step up.

CB: Civar Çetin, Cemil Vatansever - Çetin was another clear starter, but Vatansever was an able backup for him. Neither may be here next season, although I'm tempted to renew Çetin's contract to ensure that we have at least one centreback at the club and then possibly sell him later on.

LB: Onur Kintaş, Hüsnü Başkurt - Kintas started off really well, and until he got an injury Başkurt wasn't getting a look-in, which led him to want to move.

DM: Cihan Yildiz, Abdülkadir Kayalı - Yildiz is a great player, and was pivotal in shielding our defence and ensuring that we had the defensive record that we did. Kayalı played here mostly against midfield 2's, often also playing in the two CM positions.

RM: Serkan Şirin, Halil Pekşen - Both players here did really well at different times of the season, and both contributed a lot to our success.

CM: Sebahattin Usta, Kuray Arıkan - What to say about Usta? FM thought it would be funny to call him Usta-tuesque. He was easily the player of the season again, though it remains to be seen whether he has what it takes to do it at a higher level. Arıkan is a great prospect and grew nicely despite only playing a marginal role in the first team.

CM: Gökhan Karali, Zekeriya Kacaroğlu - Karali was again Usta's partner in crime, while Kacaroğlu somewhat struggled to find his feet in his first season at the club.

LM: Gökhan Sazdağı, Emin Yalın - Sazdağı's assists (read: dives) were vital to our good form. When Yalın wanted more games he got some and scored in a decisive match against Sarıyer, who were 5 points ahead of us at the time.

ST: Ergün Çakır, Fırat Akkaya, Yiğit Konuk - Çakır and Akkaya had fantastic seasons ending up with 12 and 13 goals respectively. Konuk mostly played for the youth team, but developed greatly and scored in the last game of the season. Our HOYD rates him as a future leading Superleague player, so I might have to give him a larger role next season.

Previous Season Goals

-Build a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs - Success - We won the league with 2 games to go.

-Continue making a profit - Success - We now have over £550k in the bank, with a lot of prize money yet to come.

-Improve the club infrastructure - Success - I had to insist a lot, but the board agreed to relay the pitch and improve our youth facilities for £85k for the next season.

Next Season Goals

-Stay up - Relegation would set us back massively, so I have to ensure our squad is strong enough not to go straight back down.

-Continue developing the club's infrastructure - We have to grow as a club to be competitive at a higher level, and I foresee lots of board requests in the near future.

-Start turning our young players into stars for the club - Konuk and Arıkan have the potential to play in the top league, so I have to ensure they get enough games to continue developing.

Career

| Season  |   League    |  Position  |      Cup      |   Avg. Att.   | Season Tickets (Change) |        Achievements       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 15/16   |   2L Red    |     7th    |    2nd Rnd    |      959      |        623 (+90)        |                           |
| 16/17   |   2L Red    |     1st    |    3rd Rnd    |     1007      |        645 (+22)        |   Promoted as Champions   |

Iacovone - a tough season there, but you managed to keep your job at least. I can empathise with the defensive issue. I’m in mid-October and I’m only just beginning to sort the defence out.

Muggert - congratulations on the title and promotion!

Tecmo - welcome and good luck in Turkey

ArranoBeltza - great season there, just a shame you missed out in the play-offs. Hopefully you can go the next step this season.

Chris11223 - unlucky with the relegation. From past experience the standard in 2. Bundesliga is good so not great shame in that. good luck next season.

Romanista1994 - congratulations on winning the title! Good luck next season.

eae098148d4faacdcdaeef464d721cbf.png

I wasn't really sure what to expect from the first few games as whenever we've played Ligue 2 sides in the French Cup we've lost quite comfortably. I'm glad to see that so far we haven't been really outclassed in any of our games aside from our first ever Coupe de la Ligue game at home to Stade de Reims, a result that was disappointing considering we'd drawn with them a few weeks ago, even if it was only the result of a last gasp equalizer. Ultimately 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses out of our first 8 games is more points than I could have hoped for and expected. We've not been conceding a massive amount of goals but we've also not been scoring a massive amount either. I'm hoping we can at least start scoring a few more in the next few months. Hopefully some Cup games against crap teams can boost the teams confidence a bit more, I'd be happy with anything apart from relegation though really, so, so far, so good!

f6a17b0294df60d67eb70d72bae5a693.png

Thanks guys!

I've been busy in the post-season, now at the end of May I've been able to convince the board to increase investment in our junior coaching and youth recruitment (in addition to the youth facilities upgrade project which was also started). These are now adequate and fairly basic, respectively. That's one of the goals for the coming season already done, which I'm very happy about. My hope is that growing the club in this area will help make the most of of the city's 300,000+ population (one of the reasons I chose Batman was the relatively large city population), as we are by far the dominant club in the city, with all other clubs at amateur level. There are also not many big clubs to compete for in our region, so if our reputation and youth recruitment network improves far enough we might even start taking in young players from other large cities in the area such as Diyarbakır.

In the same period I've also looked to improve our backroom staff, with a new physio who looks far better than our old one. Recep Karatepe also joins as my new assistant manager. He is pretty much a perfect fit: his preferred formation is the same as the one I use, he is young enough to remain at the club for many years to come and he is great at motivating and working with youngsters. He also has a professional personality which, coupled with his good scouting attributes, means that he will be taking over in recruiting youngsters from within the club.

Hopefully these improvements to the club's infrastructure will pay off!

Nicely done Romanista. Looks like you're using a tactic similar to what I'm planning so it's encouraging to see it working so well. Batman was another team I considered. Really wanted Van but couldn't get them to come up.

Nicely done Romanista. Looks like you're using a tactic similar to what I'm planning so it's encouraging to see it working so well. Batman was another team I considered. Really wanted Van but couldn't get them to come up.

Thanks! Hope that approach pays off for you as well. I did try for Van as well for a bit before discovering Batman. It's pretty funny that I only chose Batman because I clicked on them and saw the full name, B. Petrolspor doesn't sound very inspiring. Pretty happy with my choice of club, despite not having the massive stadium Erzurum has.

On another note, going back to the loaning tip IOA gave (might be back a page): I tried extending Fırat Akkaya's loan, and much to my surprise Rizespor extended his loan until 2019 - so basically I'm getting one of the best young strikers in Turkey for three years for zero(!) wages. So for anyone playing in Turkey, make the most of those free loans!

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

Season 1 Preview

Transfer History

Not too busy with the transfers, only one likely new starter from the team I've inherited but a few players to build up my youth.

Our friendlies were low scoring and ugly as we went 2-1-3, neither giving up nor scoring more than 2 in any game.

Starting 11

GK Ramazan Kursunlu, 34 year old veteran who has been everywhere including time in the Super League as a backup and playing for the Turkish U21 squad. Had 6 shutouts in 16 games for the team last year.

LFB Ekrem Vatansever, is our one new starter, a 32 year old we signed from Bucaspor after he played in the second level last season. Looking for him to be an aggressive wing back, great speed and crossing ability.

CB Fatih Gultekin, 28, should be a solid all around center back, this is his 4th season with the team and he was a key player in earning promotion last season.

CB Kursat Duymas, 36, will start as my 2nd center back but I have a feeling this spot will rotate heavily between a few candidates. Slow, but I'm planning on playing fairly deep most of the time. Actually played in the Super League as recently as two seasons ago.

RFB Onur Arikan, 24, will act as a more conservative fullback, likely in a support role. Played with the Turkey U21 and started his career at Galatsaray although he never played a game for them. Made a huge impact last season with a 7.55 average rating.

DM Huseyin Avcu, 21, is our best young player. Looking for him to be a rock spearheading our defense and recycling possession, although I don't want to see him get too creative. Had an almost ridiculous 7.75 average rating with 7 goals, 4 assists and 8 PoM last season.

ML Orhun Ozturk is probably our best current player. 23 with a loads of speed, dribbling and technical skill. Actually grew up and was trained in Germany.

MC Mikail Uzumcu, 35 is out captain and going to be used in attack. Given his age, I'm just trying to get one season out of him after which I already have his replacement signed.

MC Emre Yuksektepe, 23, will be our primary playmaker. Great vision and passing skill. Another former Galatsaray trainee.

MR Sefer Sever, 24, should provide a serious threat as a winger from the right side.

ST Ersen Martin, 36, is a strong header who would probably be best suited in a two striker system but we're going to see what he can do by himself up front. We also have a younger, faster option we can potentially use.

We're going to play a 4-1-4-1 and try for a possession game, playing out of the defense and hopefully wear out the opposition, making them chase the ball all over. My team's passing skill is it's best attribute so this should work well. I don't think we're going to press too hard as I don't want to wear my team out trying to make tackles, something they're not especially strong at. Eventually I'm going to want more emphasis on stamina and tackling skill so we can win the back back quickly. But that has to wait until the team gets younger.

Our midfield looks very good and judging by the number of transfer offers I've turned down for Avcu, Ozturk and Yuksektepe, other teams agree. The board is also expecting results, looking for a top half finish. The season preview pegs us at 33-1, tied with 5 teams in the middle. Here we go!

ArranoBeltza – Congrats on a great season, hopefully you can get promoted next season…that’s if you want to!

iacovone – I thought I had congratulated you for not getting relegated! I really don’t understand the league format of Portugal lol

chris11223 – Unlucky mate, hopefully you can bounce back next season. Do you think promotion was too quick in your first season?

Romanista1994 – Congrats mate! Looks like starting the game for a second time worked very well for you!

PaulHartman71 – Solid start mate, looks like you have no problems keeping your own in Ligue 2!

Tecmo – Welcome to Turkey and good luck! You have some very experienced players, especially in Ersan Martin, can’t believe he’s still playing!

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Pre-Season 2019-20 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao

| Transfers |

So, the key signings from this summer:

Simao Coutinho (DC)

Diogo Meneses (ST)

Pedro Chixaro (M/AMC)

Tiago Meneses (D/WB/ML)

Ok so as you'll know from last season, my focus was on finding a centre-back this summer and in Simao Coutinho I think I did that. In that screenshot his stats have dipped ever so slightly but overall he is well rounded and good technically in the stats that matter.

Both Meneses's were with us on loan last season and I've managed to re-sign Diogo on a free transfer, while Tiago joins us as our first-choice left-back. I'm still not happy with my options down the left though and that's my next focus.

Chixaro comes in as a hot prospect and one I hope I can improve. If we can get his passing up to about '10' he'll push for a start.

ScreenShot2014-12-09at014834_zps3cd6e215.png

Slightly longer pre-season this summer (back to a 7-weeker, rather than 6) and despite a couple of losses we generally played well and found the net with regularity. I've changed formation to an unsymmetrical 4-4-2, using Joao Aveiro as a raumdeuter!

And may I just point out how happy this made me. Kevin Da Silva only just received a new contract in the summer and it was almost entirely because of his first three seasons, not the 29 goalless appearances last year.

And what does he do in our first game of the season?

ScreenShot2014-12-09at004753_zpsd5289a65.png

ScreenShot2014-12-09at004809_zps4b264991.png

:)

Having missed the promotion stage by 1pt and into relegation stage we are thumping teams, this could be another 14 straight win Phase (Would make 28 straight wins in the relegation stage), it is pretty clear we are good enough for the promotion phase, but had a downturn in form at the wrong time.

On a positive front, Luis Rodera started the season as an injury replacement, he got subbed out for 4 games, but the starter played poorly and Rodera back in scoring goals at about 1 in 2 from the Left Wing, he is a young guy (I think he was at the club when I joined, but pretty much a superstar at this level)

And may I just point out how happy this made me. Kevin Da Silva only just received a new contract in the summer and it was almost entirely because of his first three seasons, not the 29 goalless appearances last year.

And what does he do in our first game of the season?

ScreenShot2014-12-09at004753_zpsd5289a65.png

ScreenShot2014-12-09at004809_zps4b264991.png

:)

That's what I call faith! 29 matches! You have a lot of patience mate, I couldn't have waited that long lol

[quote name=IOA;10052672

Welcome to Turkey and good luck! You have some very experienced players' date=' especially in Ersan Martin, can’t believe he’s still playing![/quote]

Don't know if I've ever played with so many older players in key roles before, will be interesting to see how they hold up. Came through with flying colors in our first game though as Vatansever had an assist less than a minute in, Duymas and Uzumcu both scored and Kursunlu only allowed one goal.

Piacenza Calcio 1919

mMGWKoo.jpg

Piacenza - 2017/18 - Italian Serie B

Squad | Table | Transfers | Finances

Final position: 1st - Promotion

Coppa Italia: 4th Qual Rnd loss to Empoli, 2-3 away

Best result: 7-2 home win against Vicenza

Worst result: 1-6 home loss to Albinoleffe

Top goalscorer: Frederico Ricco & Teemu Pukki, 15 (both 12 in the league)

Most assists: Frederico Ricci, 12 (12 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Maicon, 7.49(7.48 in the league)

2017/18 Quick takes:

- 2,4 point per game in first half of the season. 1,5 in the second half.

- 86 goals was by far leaue best.

- Even though our saviour Radja Nainggolan was brought in. It was still Della Penna that bossed the midfield!

Players of the season:

M C | Nicola Della Penna | Nainggolan who? I love this guy! Just keeps performing over his level.

AM L | Frederico Ricci | Really a great winger. Should be our go-to offensive guy in the Serie A.

AM R | Maicon | When in top shape a great player. Unfortunately hampered by small injuries much of the season.

2018/19 Quick takes:

- Damn... Serie A looks like a tough test for our team. We definately need a lot of strengthening.

- Hopefully the top-tier trip will strengthen the economy

- We specificly need to upgrade most of our defensive line.

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 5) - 2019/2020

This update will be a bit bigger than usual as it’s my 5th season in charge and we finally have some success to talk about!

Manager

Profile - Some of my coaching attributes have gone up and I'm glad to see some of my mental attributes have gone up considerably, it's also good to see that I make time for my players despite more pressing concerns.

History - Surprisingly or not, I haven't been that active in the transfer market, probably because of my method of loaning players. Unfortunately, I've still lost and conceded more games and goals than I've won and scored!

Badges - The board would not allow me to take part in a coaching course as they needed me on the training ground, I therefore asked for more coaches for the club which was granted but my request to go on a course was again rejected as they wanted me on the training ground, therefore I took myself off the training schedules and asked again, and this time it was granted!

Staff

All Staff - A decent bunch which I am happy with, unfortunately I've got two fitness coaches, my current one wasn’t a good Fitness Coach but was a good Coach so I decided to sign a new one but the board would not allow my Fitness Coach to sign a new contract as a Coach! In other news, my new Fitness Coach is an old player who wasn’t great and he's actually listed as one of my Worst Opinion individuals...great.

Selcuk Sahin - My £80 per week Assistant Manager is a brilliant Ex-Turkey international who has spent most of his career at Fenerbahce, he's also on a long term contract, bargain!

League Table

LeagueTable.png

Superb season where we started at the top and actually managed to finish top! We scored the most goals, conceded a bit too many but in the end won more games and lost less than anyone else! Our players also finished with the highest average ratings, top goalscorer and most assists!

Transfers

Transfers-2.png

Transfers In - As you can tell, I went crazy with the loans, I had enough of no decent players wanting to sign for me, so I decided to loan all of the decent players from the Super League! The only two players I signed on a free transfer were actually two players I loaned in last year and whom did well.

Transfers Out - I took a huge risk by letting go of a lot of the first teamers from the previous four seasons as the players I loaned in were considerably better and to protect myself I took off the recall loan option, as a result I managed to make a bit of money and drop the wage budget even further.

Squad

Squad.png

GK - The regular GK's for the past 4 seasons were injured at the beginning of the season so I decided to give Onur Ozdemir a chance, and boy he did not disappoint, just hoping he can make the step up to PTT 1. League.

DEF - Solid performance once again from my main CB Suheyl Cetin and my RB/RWB Emrah Aslan who enjoyed his second season on loan with us, his contract expires in a few weeks so will definitely try to snap him up.

MID - Superb performance from the Midfield this season, Mehmet Kan ended the season with the highest average rating in the team and the league and another solid season from Oguzhan Ozturk.

ST - Burak Atik once again repaid the faith I placed in him by scoring 16 goals from 27 games, he did get injured for 3 months this season, which is one less than last, so I may be putting too much pressure on too young a player.

Player of the Season - Oguz Cengiz - 23 goals and 7 assists from 36 games! Superb season for an 18 year old!

Team Report - A very young but strong team who don't work too hard, probably because they don't need to!

Turkish Cup

TurkishCup-1.png

We actually managed to go past the second round! We had only managed that once previously, which was in our first season, in the end we lost fair and square to a team in the division above us 2-0 at home.

Finances

finances-3.png

Despite spending around £600,000 on upgrading the youth and training facilities and relaying the pitch, we still have over £600,000 left in the bank. We've also been given huge transfer and wage funds to play with for next season, which I doubt I will use as I'm too tight.

Next Season

Do not get relegated and try and go past the third round of the Cup!

So, I just faced my old club, Gernika, once again; this time in league play. Inaki Altamira absolutely destroyed them.

After 16 matches we're sitting in first place and have made the fourth round of the Copa del Rey. For some reason, though, my team doesn't generally seem as sharp as they were last season. Also we're having some issues with tiredness so I might try to bring in a couple more reinforcements in January. It sounds like I'm complaining but I'm not...

e6ec608d3b214a6c411bf8f310a74713.png

We've not carried on our relatively good start to the season, but tbf I wouldn't say we've been completely dire and in relegation form either. Whilst 1 win from 8 is pretty poor, we did get 4 draws, the 3 losses were poor but its not like our team is good enough yet to be comfortably winning games at this level. I rotated heavily and played quite a few youth players in our Cup game against lower league side Stade Montois, this nearly came back to haunt me as it went all the way to penalties, luckily we saw it out.

d164383dea3f9eb05110c3335a8908e6.png

So its not looking particularly pretty admittedly, but I take some good from the fact we've only lost 5 times, and there's teams below and around us that have lost a lot more than we have. If we can turn some of those draws into wins and keep narrowly drawing games rather than losing them, and if our strikers can find some form, we should hopefully have just about enough to stay in the division.

Muggert - Making it look easy with the ex-Roma contingent.

IOA - Great stuff, congrats on the promotion! You'll be getting a £3.5m (iirc) TV deal for next season, which should enable you to spend more. Lots of money to be made in Turkey. :thup:

Paul - Seems like the league is pretty tight throughout, so a couple of wins could see you shoot up the table.

150px-UD_Lanzarote.png

UD LANZAROTE - First Update

Manager Information

I'm starting this challenge with UD Lanzarote, from Spain. We're a club from Las Palmas, Canary Islands, founded in 1970. Our stadium is the 'Ciudad Deportiva Lanzarote', with 6900 all-seated spectators and a synthetic pitch.

We're completely outsiders in the Second Division B4; our odds are 501.00 and our media prediction is to finish in the last place. Our squad isn't good, we have good defensive midfielders but the rest of the squad is awful.

I'll try to survive in the first season, but will be a difficult job, because there are four seats to relegation in the league.

IOA - Great job on promotion!

Brenosantos - Good luck with Lanzarote. Toyed around with them during the beta and it was tough. Pretty limited pool of players and staff, I think because of the island location.

It looks like the latest patch has fixed the problem with promotion from Serie D. Now 1 team from each Serie D group will be promoted every season. I have run a holiday test, and it seems that clubs that are relegated from Serie C will not be quickly promoted back. It means that if you holiday for a few seasons you can manage a club with very low reputation. If the relegated clubs will never be promoted back, it will also mean that the game will run out of clubs to promote to Serie C. :confused:

I will leave my game on holiday to see what happens, but so far no relegated team has returned to Serie C...

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Season 3 Preseason Report

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

If I had known what kind of players I would be able to attract later on in the window I would not have bought Özbey for £25k, as it was kind of an early panic buy. However, what was very pleasing was that I managed to recoup most of his transfer fee through sales of players who had played a role last year, but I felt were not good enough to make the step up.

Friendly Results

Friendlies

We did well again, holding our Superleague parent club to a draw.

Current First Eleven

GK: Eray Birniçan - Will continue as first choice after the wonderful season he had last year.

RB: Caner Arıcı - A very good attacking fullback from our parent club.

CB: Yasin Arslan - Probably our best player, also on loan from our parent club.

CB: Gökhan Sinanoğlu - Will hopefully complement Arslan nicely.

LB: Caner Bulut - A third loanee from Urfaspor, Karali is being retrained here in case he doesn't perform.

DM: Cihan Yildiz - Did great in this role last season, I hope he justifies the £10k transfer fee and high wages I gave him.

RM: Berkin Arslan - Very quick and a good dribbler, we are well stocked in this position.

CM: Sebahattin Usta - He has been fantastic in the last two seasons, so hopefully he can do the same at a higher level.

CM: Kerem Şeras - Signed to add steel to our midfield, we also have another player at his level on loan from Urfaspor.

LM: Gökhan Sazdağı - Will rotate with some of our other wingers who are more suited to the role I use here.

ST: Fırat Akkaya - The topscorer of last season has two more years on loan with us, and he will be rotating with Yiğit Konuk, who has developed very quickly indeed. They are both rated as future leading players for the top league.

Most of these players are rated as either decent or good for this level, so hopefully we can stay up this season. The board just expects us to fight bravely against relegation, but I wouldn't mind spending a few seasons in this league as we are going to be making a lot of money. This should help fund an expansion to our current stadium or a new stadium as the top league requires all clubs to have at least 10,000 seats.

Off to a good start in Erzurum, 3-1-1 so far. Got unlucky in the Turkish Cup, drawing Super League side Gaziantepspor. We set a new Turkish Cup record by scoring 13 seconds into the game, but ultimately fell 2-1 in a fairly even game. Very encouraging. And we're making money as well. Feeling optimistic about getting into a playoff spot although we're racking up injuries.

796e168a49c0459ff8e108b961b6e054.png

A fantastic run of games recently which has only seen us lose twice, once away to Nancy-Lorraine in the league, and to Ligue 1 side Bordeaux in the 9th round of the French Cup, we did put up a good fight though almost equalizing late on. Elsewhere in the league its been great stuff, 4 draws and 3 wins has done wonders for our morale and confidence and has seen us go all the way up to 12th in the table. It is of course worth noting how open the league is and and that even a run of two losses could easily see us bottom. Yet a run of 3 wins could potentially see us very close to the play-offs. I'm not actually thaaaat optimistic and would happily take anything above 18th but this season has certainly shown us we're not out of our depth at this level. Vincent Jardin has shown recently that he too isn't out of his depth at this level, even scoring a hat-trick in our 4-1 demolition of Auxerre.

57e848e799213b6dfa042e8b6bcc9005.png

Now (15.2.0) is an opportune moment to start a save if you want to manage an Italian club with very low reputation. Clubs that are relegated from Serie C will not be promoted back until Serie D groups run out of clubs that have not played in Serie C during the save. That means promoted clubs will be of lower and lower reputations for 18, 19, 20 or so seasons into the future. :D

Doing well Tecmo and Paul!

We're kinda over-performing for a newly-promoted side: in the league we're joint 2nd on 24 points after 11 games (only eight goals condeded which is the lowest in the league), while we have progressed to the group stage of the cup and will face Galatasaray, Sivasspor and Balıkesirspor over six games. I'm expecting to lose all of those, which might also have an impact on our league form (this could be a blessing in disguise as getting promoted this season would be way too early). It is, however, a great opportunity to see where we currently stand compared to clubs in the top league.

We're also making a profit of about £100k-£200k every month, and the board agreed to improve our training facilities for £750,000 at the end of the season. Life is good in Batman atm.

Decided to take on a French side and go for the 'French Hero' achievement on steam, so I present my chosen side:

USConcarneau.jpg

Union Sportive Concarneau

French National

Season 1: 2015/16 New Beginnings

The Club

League History | General | Profile | Squad

Club History:
Having been founded in 1911 and having no achievements of note besides their promotion to the French National, the club is basically a clean slate.

Squad:
There are a couple of stand out players in the squad (Deichelbohrer and Charruau stand out to me), but there are also a number of older players that need to be released so that I can clean up the wages and make room for new players I want to bring in.

The Manager

Manager Profile | Manager Information

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2017/18 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile

Manager Info

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

Another superb season for Portugalete. We were predicted to finish 8th, but once again exceeded expectations and found ourselves in third place for the second season in a row. We started off in good form, but (at least to me watching the matches) did not seem quite as on top of things as we had in seasons past. We did manage a number of impressive results, though, and found ourselves in first place for much of the first half. We suffered a slight dip in the second half which eventually saw us fall to third, but, on the other hand we once again showed superb form at home and did not lose until we had already secured our playoff spot (in the last few matches I tinkered with tactics slightly and rotated players more).

The important thing is that we are moving on to greener pastures!

After losing our last three matches, we bounced right back into top form for the playoffs- we won every single home match and drew away in the first two legs. And then came Real Union. Real came into the match as league winners as well as the first team to beat us at home in seemingly forever. We scraped away 1-0 at home and then pulled off a 2-1 loss in the second leg. Away goals knocked us out of the playoffs last year, but saw us through to Liga Adelante this year.

In player news...

Inaki Altamira (ST/AML): To begin the season, Altamira was the subject of interest from a number of teams, and I fought off bids from Tenerife and Mallorca in particular. Granted, I could have used the cash, but I wanted to at least make back the money we had paid to Sestao to acquire him and neither team was doing that. Needless to say, the player got pissed and requested a transfer and generally was petulant the entire pre-season. After the window passed and he had played a couple games, however, interest subsided and he was happy.Soon enough, he could not stop banging in the goals. Altamira ended the season as the league's top goalscorer, as well as continuing his development attributes-wise. I could still use the cash, but I really want to hang on to this kid and see how he'll do at the next level or, with any luck, a level higher than that.

Aritz Solabarrieta (DM/MC): The old workhorse was back for another season and continued to play well. Still, you'll notice that he did not play as many matches. He suffered a few injuries and was eventually pushed out of his regular starting spot by a new signing (more on him later). Solabarrieta decided to call it quits after the season- on one hand, I am happy that he will be retiring as a Portu player. On the other, I wish he would have stuck around to see a few matches with us at the next level, even if he weren't the first-choice.

Maybe it's because they're my favorites, but that's all I will say about players for now. A few more to come in the transfers section.

Federation Cup Results

Once again, this competition was not a priority for the team and we failed to mound a successful defense of last year's title. It may be worth noting, however, that Alcoyano also were promoted via play-offs so perhaps I should already worry?

Copa del Rey Results

With the board expecting we reach the second round of the Copa del Rey, we did well to reach the fourth round, where we fell to top-division Almeria. Still, we managed to put up a good fight against them and I can be pleased with how we played. It was also nice to play them due to a gate receipts high and one of our few match sell-outs.

TRANSFERS

Our promising midfielder Garijo got snatched up. Sad to see him go, but, we did need the money and I have a number of good newgens in central midfield.

I feel my most important piece of business was Diego. Funny how I found him, actually- I was searching for players when I was testing the "Eneko Osia bug". When typing "Osia" in player search I found a player named Diego (full name- Diego Osia, dual BRA/ESP nationality). Since he originally came from Brazil, I couldn't scout him but offered a trial. He looked excellent so I gave him a contract. So, no, my scouts didn't find him- I just thought he looked interesting and really did not even expect him to accept the trial...

Anyway, he is capable of playing at DC, DM, and MC (natural DMC), and he saw time at all positions- mostly as a ball-winning MC in my typical 4-4-2 or occasionally as a DC, while rarely as a DM when I would tweak my formation. Due to his advances during training I rotated him with Solabarrieta, and he eventually won a more full-time spot after some injuries to my work horse. He played quite well over the season and I am extremely excited to watch his development.

NEWGENS UPDATE

Altamira and Diego are what's important. Also, I'm running on less than four hours sleep right now and my eyes hurt.

FINANCES

Another really bad year financially. I also had gone over my wage budget (thankfully not by much) before it was adjusted by the board when they announced expectations for next season. Hopefully playing a level higher can help things, as well as our new reputation- we have gone up to 1.5 star "Regional" reputation up from 1* "Local". Still, if the budget that the board announced for our inaugural Liga Adelante campaign remains the same, we could be in trouble...

Hoping for more sponsorship and still have my fingers crossed for that tycoon to come along...

EDIT: I know we're just complying with league requirements, but a loan is not what we needed right now.

GOALS FOR 2018/19

- SURVIVE: Isn't this obvious?

- EVALUATE: Portugalete has never played at the level we will see next season (IRL). As such, I will have to make more careful transfer choices and possibly (probably) fiddle with the tactical setup. I already have an idea of which players are going to be capable at the next level and which ones will either be on their way out or warming the bench. A number of players will not be returning next season and we will need replacements. I'd like to bring in at least one or two decent to good players at this level while also shoring up our roster overall.

- LOANS: In the past two years, I have made many loan offers with either the player refusing to join or the club refusing to accept my offer despite the player being listed and/or them having already accepted bids. Our increased reputation should help us attract a wider variety of loanees and, therefore, free players that could help us toward survival.

-SLEEP: Seriously, I'm ****ing tired. I may edit this review because I kinda breezed through it due to fatigue. I'm also willing to show other screens I may have missed on request!

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 5 -- 2019-20 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao - First Phase

ScreenShot2014-12-11at235320_zpsab8b9f00.png

ScreenShot2014-12-11at235232_zpsf8b2ae50.png

We're back to season 3 form! Hurrah! After last year's disaster I'm so happy to be able to report that we've rediscovered our touch. A 14-game unbeaten run ensured we topped group D and soared into the promotion phase. Our only defeat was at home to second place Lus. Vildemoinhos and that was in part due to me having to play my third-choice keeper.

But to the positives! First up we have Paulinho, our club captain and iconic figure since season 1. He truly is a star of the team and really leads by example. He seems happy here too and keeps signing new one-year contracts making him every inch a cult figure.

Out on the left of midfield is Amaro Neto, who has performed very well as second top goalscorer, as well as delivering a healthy number of assists. He doesn't want to sign a new contract though, so we may not see much more of him beyond this season.

Shout outs to the youth team graduates Joao Aveiro and Bruno Adriano. The former has held down his position as a raumdeuter at AMR and contributed nicely, while the latter is our No.1 right-back and a dependable presence at the back.

Finally a nod to Kevin Da Silva who just about continued scoring after that opening day hat-trick. I'll be honest, he's not good enough for this level but he's another iconic figure down at Machico!

As for my hopes for the promotion stage, we avoided Casa Pia, who were the only team to go unbeaten in the first phase so I'll give us a decent chance of making the top two. If we avoid injuries we could make a push for the playoffs...

Wish me luck!

USConcarneau.jpg

Union Sportive Concarneau

French National

Season 1: 2015/16 Pre-Season

Transfers

History

M/AM®: A young pacey winger who I have loaned in from Stade Brestols in Ligue 2. Has had a decent pre-season, but has been injured in 2 of the 3 games he has started so hopefully that doesn't become a trend.

DM,M©: Didn't get a lot of game time in the pre-season but has the attributes to hold down one of the two central midfield positions in my tactic so should be in and around the first team for most of the season.

D(RC): I brought Ciréfice in on a trial and he surprised me with his performance so I signed him up. Despite no particularly outstanding technical skills he has been one of the better performers in the pre-season, surprisingly popping up and scoring 4 goals in 4 games from centre-back (for some reason they didn't show up in his stats, possibly because of his trial?).

DM,M©: Another decent midfielder to hold down the middle of the park, but is also capable of playing at centre-back in a crisis. Had some short cameos in the pre-season, but nothing of note.

Future Transfers
: I have a loan lined up for another young winger which will hopefully go through and will be looking to improve the depth in the fullback and wing positions on both sides of the pitch. On top of that, possibly another centre-back and striker just to be safe with injuries.

Pre-Season Matches

Tactic | Results | Team Report

Tactic
: The tactic has worked nicely so far. It aims to get a lot of crosses in and that appears to be working as is evident in the team report with or most common assist type being a cross at 47%.

Friendlies
: Some good performances in our friendlies. Beating Ligue 2 side Stade Brestois in our first game was a nice surprise, and the clinical finishing (11 goals from 15 shots on target) against the much lower ranked AS Guilers is good to see. Hopefully the team can take their form into the start of the season.

Key Players

Squad

ST©: A fantastic pre-season for Charruau in which he scored 11 goals in 6 games.

M(L),AM(LC): Looks to be the creator within the team racking up 11 assists in 6 games and a single goal to top it off.

D/WB(L): Some solid defensive performances from the left-back. Also managed to achieve 5 assists in the 6 games, making our left wing look dangerous with Martin and Arguilhé achieving a combined total of 16 assists for the pre-season.

Sorry for the long pre-season update! I won't be doing these each season, but I just wanted to keep track of how the club progresses early on. Next update will be at the end of the season, as is per usual.

82a8fac169263ca64fb478bd040abbac.png

I was actually pleased to see our good form continue and we managed to grab another 3 wins against LEMANS, US Orleans and Havre respectively. Our form in our last 5 games as dropped off however as we've failed to win all of them, losing to Lorient and Stade Lavallois, and without late equalizers we would have lost to US Avranches and FC Istres as well. The league is so tight we could theoretically still very easily go down if we don't win at least 2 or 3 of our remaining 6 games. Hoping our good form in the middle of the season will have paid off and we can stay up!

d8eaad0b804ffce10c5c5989cdfe7a64.png

Archived