FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

Cobh Ramblers

MZ2RFCR.png

Irish First Division | 1st

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Before the season started, we got rid of some dead wood to stabilise finances a bit more and I even managed to bring in some reinforcements for the left wing and a creative midfielder in Deery we desperately needed. We were title contenders from the very start of the season, just as last year. This time, we did not give up in the second halfa finally went above Waterford with two games to go. A couple of results came out in our favor and we managed to win the league and gain a PROMOTION!! In the cups, it was the same as last year, apart from the loss to Limerick in Munster Cup. I really hope I can get a solid squad together to stay in the Premier Division for at least a season and garner some reputation and income to get us out of the red numbers as quickly as possible.

Season | League            | Position | Munster Cup  | League Cup | Chal. Cup | Avg. Att.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2015  |  First Division   |   6th    |  Semi-final  |   2nd Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |    216
 2016  |  First Division   |   3rd    |  Semi-final  |  Qtr-Final |  3rd Rnd  |    265
 2017  |  First Division   |   1st    |  Qtr-final   |  Qtr-Final |  3rd Rnd  |    249

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD_Gernika_Club_zpse071bbb4.png

2016/17 MID-SEASON UPDATE

The players are on their winter break. How are things looking at Gernika lately?

League Overview

I expected our team to improve upon last season...but not nearly as much as we have. We're sitting in ninth place with a full 18 points separating us from Real Sociedad "B" in the relegation play-off spot, while we're nine points outside of the top four. I've switched to mostly playing a fluid 4-4-1-1 and this has resulted in fewer goals scored for us, but also much stronger defensive performances (we actually have a positive goal difference as of right now).

If you notice in the overview screen, my youngster, Jose Felix Goni, is among the league leaders in assists. While he hasn't really increased his attributes since we last saw him, I have been happy with his performances and haven't had much of a reason not to give him time on the pitch. My other youngsters, though, have been struggling with fitness and, while a few have been given some playing time none have truly shined so far.

There were two signings from my mid-season update that I believed could be difference-makers this season, and they have each played well, but find themselves in very different places:

Veteran midfielder Juan Jose Alfaro has played rather well for my team and is a regular in the center of my midfield.

Kiowa, too, has played well as an AMC shadow striker and has improved his attributes. On the other hand, he recently picked up his second injury of the season and is expected to be out for up to six weeks. Given the part-time nature of our training, it could be quite a while before he's able to return to full fitness.

Two pleasant surprises as well: Mikel Garmendia (DR) and Aitor Cordoba (DC) were both with us last season (with Garmendia actually being a player I had let go before deciding to re-sign due to depth issues) and both were fairly average defenders. So far this season, though, they've become the heart of my defense.

Overall I'm pleased with my team and don't have any major goals for the January window, except for maybe picking up a better left-sided defender. My biggest issue is with fitness- no matter how many games I make my youngsters available for, they are always "severely lacking in match fitness" (regardless of natural fitness level).

In 19 days we'll be hosting Huesca and hopefully beginning 2017 on the right foot!

Well we've had a board takeover which is far earlier than I expected. However (as expected) there was no additional investment and they actually took out a £130k bank loan to cover our debts so we're now repaying that... :mad:

I had the same end of my 2nd season, they took a loan out for £350k I think which costs £2.5k p/m and the interest is £75k.

ff6bf5c74979ce8c2aed097477906b0b.png

Manager Information

Domestic Leagues History

General

Overview

Squad

Decided to give it a go with the first update, but it's all such a kerfuffle to do that I may update slightly less often than required and just play for enjoyment.

Anyway, quite excited when I saw that Vikash Dhorasoo was the club chairman (after I signed for them no less). Loaded all African top division players so I'll be looking to get some on trial I think.

I had the same end of my 2nd season, they took a loan out for £350k I think which costs £2.5k p/m and the interest is £75k.

Had this twice now plus a £2M loan to install undersoil heating that I never asked for but without expanding the stadium at all!!!

I'm so short of cash I'm allowed to spend on the team that I've never been so desperate for a team to come in a buy one of my best players.

Annual salary | Attendance % leaves me still over wage budget, no chance to give people new contracts.

Wick Academy

2024/2025

tumblr_ne0uw0cHV11u29ayro1_250.jpg

Scottish Premiership | 2nd

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

The league went fine, one better than last year. I'm very pleased with the improving defence but the gap to Celtic is still enormous. Most of our financial issues have been fixed though, Haukur Ingi Sveinsson is joing Leeds for £5M and the board finally are increasing the stadium capacity, not by much but in % terms its a lot. Meanwhile in Europe it was over before it started against Feyenoord and we annoying lost the Scottish League Cup final on penalties.

Top players: Les Bell | Haukur Ingi Sveinsson | Jere Pasanen | Pauli Johansson

Other stuff: Next season Scotland will get 2 champions league slots, mostly thanks to Celtic getting out of their champions league group.

Season | League | Position |   Cup   | Leag. Cup | Chal. Cup | EURO Cup | Champ. Lge. | Avg. Att.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16 |  Two   |   8th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    233
16/17 |  Two   |   9th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    190
17/18 |  Two   |   3rd    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    263
18/19 |  Two   |   1st    | 2nd Rnd |  2nd Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    268
19/20 |  One   |   9th    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    434
20/21 |  One   |   5th    | 4th Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    439
21/22 |  One   |   3rd    | 4th Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  Winners  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    765
22/23 |  Champ |   3rd    | Qtrs    |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |  N/A     |  N/A        |    1317
23/24 |  Prem  |   3rd    | 5th Rnd |  2nd Rnd  |  N/A      |  N/A     |  N/A        |    3121
24/25 |  Prem  |   2nd    | 5th Rnd |  Final    |  N/A      |  2nd Qfy |  N/A        |    3090

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

Manager

Manager Profile

Manager Profile Information

Club

Club General

Club History

Domestic League History

Squad

Prediction - 18th, which is last.

The Big WHY?

Basically...I was born here and it is still where I have a considerable amount of family living, oh and to make it even more emotional, it's the clubs 50th year.

Finally, it's also because the last two games I played on FM 15 I got sacked twice and got relegated with two clubs and resigned from the third before they also sacked me.

A relatively decent month or so for us, topped off by a fantastic unexpected 2-0 win over Auxerre. It feels like we've been doing alright this season with all the draws but we still only sit in our usual 14th place. However the league is very tight and a win could take us up to as high as 8th.

c3cc3aacd173961150c11c40858c3712.png

50be37f5f36b5f7788f7367e200b9c71.png

@Suggy33 - just noticed your post, nice to see someone else joining me in France

@Quacky - they've actually predicted me to finish 18th, which is ridiculous considering some of the teams that have come up. even despite our poor financial situation, there's literally no chance we'll finish below AS Moulins ffs, i've looked at their team and its awful, they're 100 percent going down. AC Ajaccio look dead certs for going down as well, their finances are awful and even though they're a side that have just been relegated from Ligue 2 I reckon they'll go down again this season, whether they're docked points for going into administration or not.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 2016-17 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao - First Phase

ScreenShot2014-11-20at121240_zpsb643a913.png

ScreenShot2014-11-20at121338_zpsbdb6b146.png

It's a familiar story for us and pretty much an identical first phase as last year! We started very brightly, had a wobble, got back on track, bottled it in the run-in. It meant we finished fourth for the second consecutive year which although definitely a positive, means we'll be heading to the relegation phase again. I think we'll be fine but it's a bit frustrating - with two games to go we were still well in the hunt for the top two but that 1-0 home loss to Salgueiros killed us. Shame.

Star men were Nuno Corte, who sadly won't sign a new contract (he's too good for us) and Kevin Da Silva, who again leads the way in goalscoring. Shout out to Boakye Panin, who came in and was by far our highest rated player and under-performed massively. Won't be sad to see him leave as he's our highest paid player.

So the plan: survive relegation (should be easy given the strength of our squad), pray we get a couple of useful youth products and rebuild ahead of season three!

IOA: Welcome and best of luck! I'm a fan of your chosen club's badge (actually one of my favorite criteria when choosing lower-league clubs, though not the main reason why I picked Gernika. Also, are you yourself actually Turkish and from there, or your manager is?

Cheers mate,

I was actually born in that borough where the team is from and still have my grandparents, aunts and uncles that live in the same borough!

A very good month for us really, aside from the disappointing 3-0 loss to Stade Lavallois we won four times and drew twice in the league to take us up the table a bit. We were also lucky in the Cup as we continued to draw weaker sides until yet again we were eventually put out of our misery by Toulouse. In our most recent game, Bouscarrat was injured which meant 16 year old youth player John Tagoe got a rare start and he ended up getting the winner in a 1-0 win. It seems strange being so high up the table this late into the season, half expecting to get a nose bleed :D

24b607967c2c9bbadfc6d2bb41760232.png

9535973decbf1498bc8d88c2a0fa85cc.png

I reached my 100th game in management in one of the Cup games.

6cc6e48d0da7382d455c2490b2044dec.png

Another very pleasing Youth intake, two more defensive midfielders though, not sure what i'm gonna end up doing with them all :D, at least one of them looks pretty versatile. Vincent Jardin can hopefully kick on as he could probably get a few games as a striker even at 15 next season.

c456fe43c883c32cf4cb231da2fc3286.png

still plenty of time for a collapse and another 14th finish :D though we do generally seem to have been a much better side this year, I think the transition from a lot of much older mid 30's players getting a lot less game time this season, with me "giving youth a chance" has actually seen us do a lot better. We've managed to turn out losses into draws, hopefully we can build on that next season and turn the draws into more wins to mount a proper promotion push as I doubt we have enough to do that this season.

A pretty inconsistent run of games with 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses. We still sit quite comfortably away from the relegation places in 10th place with a game in hand on a few of the teams above and below us.

ae25698eed210f92538e957b759f8cbb.png

c57c1238c04b4afc1aff84a7b10ccd5c.png

Got offered a contract extension a few months earlier than usual and even managed to negotiate myself a 2 year extension rather than the usual 1 year one. I must be doing something right!

54020b913bb324fdbadc2835038ed817.png

Maia Lidador end of 16-17 season update

The second half of the season went horribly for us, so much so that I thought we were going to get relegated. Luckily we manager to pull out of it near the end of the season and finish a couple of places above the relegation zone. This means that there was a slight improvement on last season, which I was hoping for, but that huge decline in the second half of the season was very disappointing indeed. There weren't really any first teamers that were outstanding, so I've highlighted a couple of youth players below that look like they could be really good. Rui Cunha in particular looks like he might actually get some first team games next season.

Transfers

League first stage

League relegation stage

Squad

Manager info

Manager profile

Club info

Rui Cunha

Jose Tavares

Youth intake

My goals for next season are to improve again, ideally I would like to be pushing for a top two finish which will see me in the promotion group. I'm not necessarily wanting us to get promoted this season coming up as I don't think we have the quality to survive, but I want to see improvement again. I'm not planning on making too many changes to the squad unless I can get players who are an improvement on what we already have. I'm hoping that a settled squad that is pretty young will step up to the mark

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 3: 2017/18 French National

2c4ed998a9e08f409e4bfde21a8723ed.png

A pretty decent end to the season really with 3 wins, a draw and 2 losses, with the only really disappointing part being the bad 4-1 away loss to US Dunkerque.

c6750a93b4a74cf1c827497bed1657e8.png

Overall a promising season compared to the last two. 11 points above relegation is definitely progress and 9th place instead of the usual 14th place is definitely a welcome sight. Still seem quite a way away from the better teams in the division and the promotion to Ligue 2 that comes with that, it seems relatively unlikely we'll be challenging for promotion next season as our wage budget is only going to decrease leading to even less chance of me being able to improve the side, I'm relying heavily on youth players now for back-up which you'll see in more depth in my youth player update.

1243eefec69f17c50958c8abd0f0e086.png

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4"]Transfers

I got in 3 players on free transfers from Tarbes Pyrenees, all 3 were only really brought in as rotation/back-up options and I think all 3 are actually leaving the club this summer as a result of them only being on a one year contract and none of them being happy with lack of playing time, despite having 'back-up' stated in their contract.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1"]Squad pt 1, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]Squad pt 2

I think our squad ability/depth is probably reflected in our final position, we have some good players for this level scattered about, some handy players and some decent youngsters coming through to provide rotation/back up and in a few cases they've actually broke into the first team. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5"]Alexandre N'Gadi did relatively well at CAM with 9 goals and 12 assists from 31 games, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=8"]Floreal Nivert was our best central defender despite being ever so slightly injury prone, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=6"]Minka Camara had a very good season at CM with 10 goals and 9 assists from 39 games and last but definitely not least the star of the season was =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=7"]Sebastien Bouscarrat who finally showed how good he could be with 27 goals and 8 assists from 40 games, 21 of those goals came in the league and he actually finished as top scorer in the league.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]Finances

Obviously still not looking too good but they're actually about 100K better off than we were this time last season, mainly as a result of our reduce in wages, pretty decent cup run and the fact we've been having slightly increased attendances as a result of slightly improved performances.

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A

logo.png

Pau FC - Youth Academy

My third season at Pau FC lead to a lot of the older players getting ready to retire/becoming so bad that it made more sense playing youth players that were about as good as them that at least have the potential to be a lot lot better than them in the future. The main guy to benefit from this was left back Ahcene Ziane, he was knocking on the door for all of last season but I never had the balls to play him, he'd improved a hell of a lot in the U19's throughout last season and after a few games into this season I gave the 17 year old a go and never looked back. He's not amazing technically, but he has impressive mental and physical stats especially for his age for this level. Sami Denis didn't see as much first team football in the way of starts, but he was an ever present on my bench and regularly came on in games, ended up starting 4 games. We saw many injuries to our main defensive midfielder, luckily we have a seemingly never ending conveyor-belt of defensive midfielders being produced by the academy, Kevin Haller ended up with 8 league starts at DM and was impressive enough for me to consider him being our first choice DM next season - he's got room to improve technically, mentally and physically but I like his work rate, positioning, tackling and stamina stats and feel he will only improve elsewhere with more game time. We're not blessed with a massive amount of depth or decent striker back-up, this lead to 16 year old John Tagoe getting some games and sub appearances - his only goal actually came in a 1-0 win in the league, he also did well to chip in with 4 assists. This season also saw debuts for two of our defensive midfielders as substitutes - Karim Amroune and 15 year old Abderrahmane Aichour. The final debut of the season, also coming from the sub bench was for versatile 15 year old Yanis Bats who can fill in anywhere from CM to CAM to even up-front apparently, though with rated 2 finishing he aint playing up-front for me any time soon :D

Sami Denis, 17, MRC/AMRC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

Season    Division   Appearances  Assists  Goals   MOTM  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   National       8           1       2      0
2017/18   National      27           2       0      0
Total                   35           3       2      0    

Summary: Featured heavily as a substitute. He's not kicked on massively from last season but I suppose this is as a result of only being a sub rather than starting all that many games. I'd like to loan him out but as I've said nobody ever seems to want any of my players on loan. Hopefully he can kick on through the sub appearances as he's not good enough to be first choice CAM at the moment, has 4* potential and is only 1.5* rated at the moment so room for improvement.

Ahcene Ziane, 17, D/WBRL

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 2 Profile

2017/18   National      31           4       0      0
Total                   31           4       0      0    

Summary: Quickly managed to establish himself as first choice left back. He'll remain first choice left back as long as I can't get anyone better in over the summer, the fact he can also fill in reasonably well at right back is quite pleasing as well. Currently 2.5* rated having started the season as 2* rated, has potential to be 4 or 5* rated so hoping more first team football will make him improve even more next season.

Kevin Haller, 17, DC/DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

2017/18   National      12           1       0      0
Total                   12           1       0      0    

Summary: Filled in as back-up DM late in the season, performed well enough to convince me to play him in the last few games despite my DM being back and fit. He's currently 2.5* rated with 4* potential, you'd think that would give him a good chance of making it at the club but I actually have 5 other DM's in my academy that have higher potential ratings than him as crazy as that is :D His ability to play DM, MC and even at CB gives him a good chance of at least being a rotation option if and when the other defensive midfielders in my ranks catch up with him.

John Tagoe, 16, CAM/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 2 Profile

2017/18   National      13           4       1      0
Total                   13           4       1      0    

Summary: I'd say wrong guy at the right time springs to mind with this guy. He's really not thaaaat great and only got games because my 2nd choice striker got injured and my depth at ST is really terrible outside of the main 2. He actually did do well though with 4 assists and a goal that won me a game 1-0. He's -0.5* at the moment with a potential rating of 3* which isn't awful but i've had a striker come through in my latest youth intake who is already rated better than him at 14 and has a 4* potential rating so next season he will probably be playing instead of Tagoe. Tagoe does have the benefit of being able to fill in at CAM but he's not amazing there so I doubt i'd play him there anyway.

Karim Amroune, 16, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]End of Season 1 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
Total                   2            0       0      0    

Summary: Another one from my conveyor-belt of defensive midfielders. He's currently 1.5* rated with 4* potential, he benefited from Aichour (see below) being injured on a few occasions where Aichour would have made my bench but as he was injured I put Amroune there instead. That's not to take anything away from Amroune though as he does have some very nice mental stats and room to improve in other areas. He could definitely be good enough to be a rotation option at DM/MC if he can continue to progress and improve, if he doesn't make it will be because of our ridiculous amount of defensive midfield talent rather than him not being good enough to make it at this level.

Abderrahmane Aichour, 15, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 1 Profile

2017/18   National      1            0       0      0
Total                   1            0       0      0    

Summary: In terms of potential he is the best player we have in our academy. 1.5* rated at the moment with 4.5* potential. Seems to be slightly injury prone which is a cause for concern but has impressive mental stats and is very good physically for his age with decent technical stats, also has a fantastic moustache for a 15 year old! Will probably feature a bit more next season and definitely has the potential to make it here, most likely at the expense of Haller.

Yanis Bats, 16, MC/CAM/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]End of Season 1 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
Total                   2            0       0      0    

Summary: He has some very nice mental stats whilst being okay physically aside from his terrible natural fitness, and he looks okay technically. He's got -0.5* ability at the moment with 3* potential. I don't think he'll make it at the club but his versatility is quite nice and he probably will see a few more sub appearances at some point.

also has a fantastic moustache for a 15 year old!

The most remarkable part of this, no way I could pull off the 70's porn star look at 15. The reason I haven't done a post like this is simple, the past 3 seasons I haven't had anyone come through with more than 1.5 star potential.

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 1) - 2015/2016

Transfers

transfers.png

Plenty of players came in as we surprisingly had a huge wage budget? However, we just didn’t have any decent players wanting to join us, in addition to that, not many players wanted to leave and not many managers wanted our players!

Squad

squad.png

GK, MID and ST did very well, I will need to strengthen in defence.

Player of the Season - Superb player and captain, well deserved.

Team Report - Worst attributes for passing :(.

League Table

league.png

Stressful season, went up and down like a yo-yo, however, when it came to the business end of the season we went on an unbeaten run and managed to get quite a few points against our main relegation rivals, in addition to that, we scored a decent amount but conceded too many, which we will look to improve for next season.

Other Competitions - Only one domestic cup in Turkey, we beat the league leaders in the second round and then lost to a far superior team who are a division above us in the third round.

Finances

finances.png

Wages are our huge problem as no one wanted to leave, however, with many contracts expiring in a few weeks, I should be able to get rid of a few dead wood!

Future

Hopefully a more solid mid-table finish next season with a few decent transfers!

SD_Gernika_Club_zpse071bbb4.png

2016/17 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile--Manager Info

TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

It was a season to remember! We were predicted to finish 16th, but pulled of a surprising 11th place finish. We never really looked like getting relegated and hovered around 9th-11th place all season. I had switched from using a fairly rigid 4-4-2 to a more fluid 4-4-1-1 (occasionally reverting to a modified 4-4-2 as well) and, as a result, we played much more consistently. We did seem to dip a bit in the latter part of the season, but I attribute that largely to some late-season injuries as well as some overall fitness issues.

Curiously, my team did not participate in the Spanish Cup or the Federations Cup this year.:confused:

TRANSFERS

Unlike last season, we had a few new faces come in and do quite well for us. Also being that I paid more attention to my team and played less desperately, I have a lot more to say about this year's activity!

As predicted, both Kiowa and Alfaro came into the team and performed well for us. Kiowa looks like he could be around for a few seasons to come, while I re-signed Alfaro to another one-year contract and will evaluate him on a year-by-year basis moving forward. I had mentioned Patxi Mediavilla as a signing with some potential- he wasn't a starter for me and didn't really improve his attributes, but I can't complain about three goals in 12 (sporadic) appearances. He'll remain with the team...for now.

As you can see, I had also let a few players go before bringing them back. A few were let go because, while I wanted to bring them back, the fact that I could only register six U-23 players made it so I didn't see a place for them in my team. However, in the second season I was allowed to sign up to 16 U-23's. Also, in most of those cases, I was unable to sign a better player in that position. Still, I have a clearer idea of who will be remaining in the team going forward, and hopefully our reputation has improved enough that I can bring in some fresh faces. On top of that, I signed a number of highly recommended youngsters from free agency. Here are three that got a taste of the first team:

Pedro Eguizabal (ST/AMC)

Ibon Monasterio (MC/DM)

Cesar Lapena (AMC/MC)

Of course, not all of my transfers were successful; there are two veterans in particular that will not be returning next season. Carlos Merino is a veteran midfielder who I had actually signed for depth in a save as Athletic Club a few years back (must have been FM10 or FM11. Being that I needed midfielders and that he seemed good enough to achieve my personal goals, I grabbed him. He was our highest paid player and did put in decent performances but, unfortunately, he never gained full fitness so did not play as often or as consistently as I believe he could have. I signed another veteran, Gaizka Bergara, to help us out in defense and figured he could be a leader there. Unfortunately, I failed to pay attention to his stamina and natural fitness and he too struggled to be a regular starter. Even when he did start he usually had to be substituted in the second half and never performed as well as he probably could (should) have.

NEWGENS UPDATE

My young right winger and Gernika academy product, Jose Felix Goni, was easily my young player of the year. He contributed 13 assists, 4 goals, and a solid overall match rating. Unfortunately, though, he suffered two latter-half injuries- a gashed leg in January (2wks) followed by another gashed leg (2wks) in March- which limited his playing time and never really saw him return to full fitness (I blame my semi-pro status and crappy facilities, but more on that later perhaps). He also never really seemed to improve his attributes, which makes me suspect that my scouts overrated his PA. I suppose time will tell.

Neither of the other two cantera products I had mentioned after last season's update played too much or improved enough to be worth mentioning. In fact, Adrian Zabalza found himself injured on three separate occasions and consistently seemed to be declining during training. Given the fact that my young signing Eguizabal (see above) seemed to improve a lot, Zabalza didn't feature as often as I had hoped he would.

Two players I will be keeping my eye on from this year's youth intake:

Mikel Velez (DR/C 4*PA)

Aitor Bergara (DM/DC, retraining to MC 4*PA)

A few more with 3*-3.5* PA that I will look at, but don't expect too much from at this time.

GOALS FOR 2017/18

- FINANCES: I kept tight control over our wages and we made a nominal overall profit (so far), which would have been higher had I not paid out $20k to an unhappy player for mutual termination (NOTE: we are projected to lose $321k overall at the time of reset). My goal is just to continue bargain hunting and, with the board already having announced an improved budget for next year, this shouldn't be an issue. We're also helped out a little bit by a recently announced new sponsorship- I have no control over it but I have my fingers crossed for more of these. With any luck, maybe somebody will actually pay money for one of my players! I also wish I could request a feeder club. EDIT: This will not improve our finances and annoyed me. ...And then this is nice but not enough to make up the difference.

- NEW GOALKEEPER: Not my first priority, really, because Aitor Vitoria has solid attributes and played remarkably well considering how often our opponents dominated shots on goal. Still, though, the goalkeeper is (IMO) one of the most important positions to improve on in LLM- if I can find the right 'keeper at the right price I'll take him. Even if not a regular starter, I would be happy with a youngster with a high PA that I can bring in at least against weak opposition.

- NEW STRIKER: Josete has been a regular up front for me these past two seasons and I cannot complain about his output, especially this season. The problem is that his attributes declined over the season and he's only rated at 2* by my scouts. I had no intention of re-signing him but only did so late on precisely because of his ultimate goal tally. I hope I can bring in a better striker who can be my line-leader and mentor my younger strikers.

- CEMENT OURSELVES: We performed above expectations. I do not expect to gain promotion next season, nor do I feel that my team is ready for it yet. I'm hoping to bring in a few more players here and there while hopefully improving our youngsters so that we can finish mid-table once again. My personal goal is 9th, because that's where we sat for most of the season, but I'll be happy if we finish 11th again. I expect our reputation to get another uptick, and I suspect this could help attract some better players. It would at least be nice if somebody at least wanted to join us on loan...

-FACILITIES: My Youth and training facilities are poor. Our pitch quality is poor. We're still semi-pro. These factors contribute to both poor development of our players as well as our continued fitness issues. I know our finances need to improve a lot for any of these to be considered, but I can dream!

And now, a question for my fellow challengers: should I continue to look for signings, or should I give my youngsters more first-team time in hopes that they improve?

I hardly have time to play the game, let alone post updates as good as yours gentleman.

Does anyone mind if I use their season updates as templates as I feel mine looks a bit bland at the moment.

Cheers

I wouldn't mind, and I doubt the others would. In the past I've blatantly ripped off formats without even asking and never got into trouble ;)

7eb28043e1ce076879d90a51717fad1f.png

I literally got so confused when this message came up in my inbox. I read it and was just like "YES WE'VE FINALLY BEEN GIVEN A FEEDER CLUB", took me like 3 or 4 minutes to clock that FC Libourne wasn't the team that I was managing and A - they're now in the same division as us and B - we've still not got a feeder club to loan players to. FC Libourne news comes to my inbox from where I had them as Jerome Hebert's favorite team, never expected them to get promoted and join us in the French National :D Gonna be a bit strange making my return to the Stade Jean-Antoine Moueix in opposition colours.

Sorry for double post.

I got to October of season 3, still winless and damn near goalless. I was extremely frustrated and got angry with my board for not relaying the pitch or making us professional...so they fired me (I blame beer). I loaded and holidayed a new save, and I'm keeping it Basque still:

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

CLUB PORTUGALETE 2015/16

Manager Profile

Manager Info

Club League History

Club General Info

Squad Overview (SO FAR)

Good news is that our reputation is higher and our facilities are better than Gernika's, which will likely help me out. Also, the club's IRL kit colors seem to be reflected in the game, and that really frustrated me in my Gernika save.

IMMEDIATE GOALS

- Improve the squad, especially if I can bring in younger players.

- Avoid relegation!

- Save the game and switch to Netflix if we're doing badly and I'm drinking beer.

I learned a lot from my first go-round with Gernika. Honestly I wanted to continue, but after stupidly getting myself fired I didn't want to re-load from where I had last saved (which was before my last screenshot) and make it look like I was attempting to cheat. Oh well, I'll apply the lessons (especially from my first season) in this new save.

Maia Lidador Season 17/18 update

So, my hope for this season was to improve a bit on last season and try to get close to making the promotion group. We started off with 2 wins over 2 very tough teams, both of whom have caused me problems in the past. The most pleasing aspect of this season, apart from the number of wins, was the fact that we scored in most matches which is vastly different from last season

Stage 1 results

All of this resulted in me making it to the promotion stages courtesy of being top of the group :) This was very pleasing indeed and also very surprising

Stage 1 league standings

The promotion stage started off very badly indeed, I got completely outclassed in my first two matches, although I lost both by 3 goals it could easily have been a lot more than that. Whilst I was happy to not have a relegation battle I didn't want to get completely destroyed every match either for fear of the effect it may have on my players. I made a few tweaks to the team instructions and some player instructions and things then improved. The 3-3 draw against Maritimo C was frustrating as I was actually 3-1 up, at the end of the match we were hanging on and I was glad when the whistle went.

Stage 2

The 3-5 loss angered me a lot, although Mirandela were top we went in at half time 3-1 ahead and then promptly conceded 3 goals in the first 10 minutes of the second half with what can only be described as absolutely ridiculous defending

The rest of the matches were actually pretty decent, a 0-1 loss to Felgueiras who got promoted automatically really wasn't all that bad. The end result was.....

A playoff place for promotion!!

2 very tough cagey matches saw me get promoted via the away goals rule

The second leg at home saw us break our record attendance by nearly 1,000

As a result of promotion the board have announced that we are going to turn professional which will be interesting as our finances are terrible. We have received a hugely improved sponsorhip deal which will help a little bit.

The board also announced that the scouting network has been upgraded and I managed to put some pressure on the board to find a senior affiliate

This season's heroics also saw me get the manager of the year

Player profiles

Ogana - His stats aren't amazing and he was a little hot and cold at times, but a 1 in 3 goal ratio isn't to be sniffed at and he's still only 22 so hopefully can improve further. I'm not sure at whether he will be able to score 1 in 3 at a higher level though.

Pedro Sa - Did well in a central midfield role and showed some ability taking free kicks

Costinha - Again the heart of the defence and did a pretty good job, it's possible I may need to upgrade him next season though

Roberto - Performed well on the right wing and contributed a handy 9 goals too

Rui Cunha - A very good season for a player who made his debut at just 15 years old. He played more games than I had intended, partly due to the fact he can play more than one position

Cláudio Marafona - I brought him in on a free in January and only played a couple of games towards the end of the season, but has shown some good signs and I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses

Next season goals

I haven't reached the reset point yet so I don't know what my board goals are, but avoiding relegation has to be the plan. I feel that I will need to improve several players to compete at this level, so some wheeling and dealing will be required with what will likely be a minimal transfer budget again. I'll post a further update once I get to that point, I also forgot to screenshot my manager profile so I will do that at the same time

A pretty good start to the season with the exception of the narrow opening day loss to FC Mulhouse and the 4-1 loss to Le Poire. Sebastien Bouscarrat has carried on his fantastic form from last season with 6 goals in our first 7 games. A fantastic end to this run of games came with a last gasp winner from Florian Carnevale against FC Gueugnon, that was the kind of game we would have drawn last season so i'm hoping this is a sign that we're turning a few draws into wins this time around.

74e82592131e27e7b0bb170bc83848ee.png

The league table is very tight as we currently sit in 7th place, just 3 points off the playoffs.

15ce1ea692ef8586ae50bbfda10d3a66.png

Even the TV companies know that my first game against my old club is a big deal :cool:

8f81ed54680316cb0479cf8903fd98f1.png

I suppose our reputation barely changed; to begin the third season hardly any players wanted to talk to me (still) and our predicted finish is 18th. Pre-season saw a number of injuries and the worst overall fitness I've seen thus far to begin the season. We also can't seem to find a goal anywhere right now!:mad:

...likewise.

With every new season I have the false hope that the new season will be better than the last...but it just seems to get worse :(

Good luck with the new team.

Misterjokerboy, I envy you, congrats on a great season and good luck for next!

Paul, surely you won't end up THAT many places above 14th!? :)

Have been a lurker around this thread since the early days and have always kept a close eye on the goings on but have never managed to start a save due to me probably being to young and impatient for lower league management. However now I've got more time on my hands I thought I'd give it a go. Starting in Italy with Sorrento.

Severino Costa - Sorrento - 2015/16 Serie C

Manager Information - Manager Profile - Sorrento Overview - Sorrento Profile

The club are predicted to finish 18th out 20 teams. The team has no staff and no real quality throughout the squad. First task is to sort out the backroom staff and get some scouts out there to buff up the team for a long relegation struggle. Set up a nice little 4-1-4-1 Defensive tactic which I hope will be effective in soaking up pressure aand hitting teams on the counter.

I don't know an awful lot about the club and the wikipedia page doesn't really elaborate any more than found in-game. Therefore it is left to my quite frankly useless Italian alter-ego to create a legacy at Sorrento.

Wish me luck.

Well, I am still a little angry with myself for losing my patience and half-drunkenly getting myself fired at Gernika, but the new save with Portugalete is going swimmingly so far. The team is 3-1-1 after five matches and looking excellent (except for in the Copa del Rey where we fell in our first match to Barakaldo). I was able to attract better players than Gernika could have dreamed of, my facilities are better, and I'm actually able to make loan signings. The downside is that, since we're professional, wages are slightly more difficult to manage but I'm not having budget issues yet.

Also, for the sake of full disclosure, I used to in-game editor to make my team's kits reflect the real-life ones. No funny business though; this is the only thing I have edited and don't plan on making any more changes unless I get tired of the away strip or feel like adding in a third kit.

channel4news: Welcome and best of luck in Italy! As far as impatience for lower league management goes I have one suggestion- stay away from beer while playing.

...likewise.

With every new season I have the false hope that the new season will be better than the last...but it just seems to get worse :(

Good luck with the new team.

Misterjokerboy, I envy you, congrats on a great season and good luck for next!

Paul, surely you won't end up THAT many places above 14th!? :)

Thanks very much, have spent a ton of time so far checking out the quality of players in this league compared to mine and trying to find upgrades for free. I think it's going to be a very tough season indeed lol

Wow struggled a bit in the First Phase of the Championship ending up 4th, but went into the Relegation stage 2pts behind the top team, well halfway through the relegation stage I think we may have survived...

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Team[/TD]

[TD]W-D-L[/TD]

[TD]+/-[/TD]

[TD]Pts[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Carregado[/TD]

[TD]7-0-0[/TD]

[TD]+18[/TD]

[TD]35[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Quarteriense[/TD]

[TD]2-3-2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Atl Reguegnos[/TD]

[TD]2-3-2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Louletano[/TD]

[TD]0-3-4[/TD]

[TD] -6[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]O.Azores[/TD]

[TD]2-3-2[/TD]

[TD] -2[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Moura[/TD]

[TD]2-2-3[/TD]

[TD] -4[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Aljustrelense[/TD]

[TD]1-4-2[/TD]

[TD] -3[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ferrieras[/TD]

[TD]2-2-3[/TD]

[TD] -3[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We are 19pts clear of relegation with a possible 21pts available. We are also a massive 13pts clear at the top (And Louletano who started this phase ahead of us are now 16pts back (Having dropped a massive 18pts on us), hopefully this is a sign of good things to come in the following season.

Very nice indeed, surely this means you should be able to kick on next season and make the promotion group

I'd hope so, I have signed everyone except my goalie up for the next season (He refuses to even discuss a contract). Of course if some big teams come into the group I could be in trouble, also the two above me from this group were Vit Guimaraes B & Maritimo B which is not helpful (God I wish it was regional as it should be :p)

With 2 more games played we have built a 16pt gap, guaranteeing we will top the group come the end of the season, we have also won 10 straight, unbeaten in 11.

Really enjoying this period of the save, and there are contributions from all over the team: We are the top scoring team in the National Championship with 67 goals in 27 games.

Though no individual of ours is in the Top 10 (15G) scorers in the league: Lopes (AMC) 13, Petit (AML) 12, Andre (AMR) 11, Robert (ST) 11 & our back-ups Caramelo (ST) 7 & Dieb (AML) 7.

Archived