FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so i couldn't get a copy of the game today despite going to 5 shops..... So i've downloaded it from Steam. holidaying now.

Wow lack of boxed copies? Crazy, boxed release is two weeks away here. The whole shipping time doesn't stand up with me when it needs an update from Steam anyway to work, just send it to the shops with the CD version of BETA and then give the same update as the download versions...Ugh what do I know.

Ok, I must be being thick because when I go to the season preview for the Portuguese national championship, it doesn't tell me who was promoted. It just has Predicted finish and it's blank. Have tried on the 30th June and also just before and after it

You have to click the Portuguese overview then season summary.

Ok, I must be being thick because when I go to the season preview for the Portuguese national championship, it doesn't tell me who was promoted. It just has Predicted finish and it's blank. Have tried on the 30th June and also just before and after it

Season Review, not season Preview...will load a screenshot showing how to get there :)

It's funny because I seem to remember it being fixed at some point.

Maybe it still has something to do with the league structure changes in Italy. The teams that are promoted are not placed in correct geographical Serie C groups either. Some are, but it may be a coincidence.

Is the same in Portugal, not promoting correctly, as both Alverca & Carregado shouldn't be able to come up in one season, and then not assigning them to the correct groups based on region either.

With travel being factored into costs maybe this is one of the major issues causing terrible lower league finances for the users.

I didn't even think about travel costs. That makes the bug worse than I originally thought.

What it comes to Portugal, it looks like all the clubs at the level below the National Championship are in one giant group the same way the French CFA 2 clubs are. High reputation "Regional Division" teams will have a good chance of promotion regardless of geographical location. :/

I didn't even think about travel costs. That makes the bug worse than I originally thought.

What it comes to Portugal, it looks like all the clubs at the level below the National Championship are in one giant group the same way the French CFA 2 clubs are. High reputation "Regional Division" teams will have a good chance of promotion regardless of geographical location. :/

Yup just noticed that, missed that the Third Division Groups have been made extinct...disappointed, guess it is to do with lack of researchers...

It should be split into 20 Regional Divisions with 1 winner from each promoted...grrr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_District_Championships

Of course there is no info on Wikipedia about teams at that level, but given the names, and them knowing the teams it shouldn't be hard to put it together.

Couldn't find the club badge, but I am now proud to be the manager of Maia Lidador. I have no transfer budget and £2200 p/w available for wages. I do have a 16000 all seater stadium with a grass pitch though and good training facilities which was the main reason for taking this club. I would in the future like to upgrade the youth facilities as they are basic at the moment

Wick Academy

2021/2022

tumblr_ne0uw0cHV11u29ayro1_250.jpg

Scottish League 1 | 3rd

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

The full version patch has basically made my defence much better and I always had some of the best strikers in the league so we were on excellent form after the update. We won the league challenge cup with a victory over our parent team, Cowdenbeath, and maintained good league position all season until we dropped to 3rd near the end. Alloa were always too good except for the last time I playerd them and won 4-0. The playoffs were tricky, coming back from first leg deficits both times, first against Morton (3-5 L and 3-0 W) and then over Forfar on penalties (0-2 L and 4-2 W, 5-4 P) to win promotion!

Top players: Shane Sutherland | Steve Leishman | Michael Cameron

Other stuff: On loan winger Jamie Naismith won an u19 cap, which is odd because Michael Cameron is a better player in the same position.

Season | League | Position |   Cup   | Leag. Cup | Chal. Cup | Avg. Att.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16 |  Two   |   8th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    233
16/17 |  Two   |   9th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    190
17/18 |  Two   |   3rd    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |    263
18/19 |  Two   |   1st    | 2nd Rnd |  2nd Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    268
19/20 |  One   |   9th    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    434
20/21 |  One   |   5th    | 4th Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    439
21/22 |  One   |   3rd    | 4th Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  Winners  |    765

Thanks, two very important changes now though on the reset date.

1. Turned professional

2. Can scout all of europe

I feel there will be a lot of transfer action this season. Already the list of possible transfers has gone from about 300 names to 3000 players.

Yup just noticed that, missed that the Third Division Groups have been made extinct...disappointed, guess it is to do with lack of researchers...

The line of what is in and what is out has to be drawn somewhere, but if it's merely a question of placing clubs into different groups, then surely it would not be all that big of a task.

The line of what is in and what is out has to be drawn somewhere, but if it's merely a question of placing clubs into different groups, then surely it would not be all that big of a task.

Especially as they already have the locations of 90% of the clubs in there by Longitude & latitude, and the regional sorting is used elsewhere as well, in Portugal it is based around what FA they are part of, which I believe means there is a bit of movement in the size of those divisions down below...which could cause issues I guess.

So admendment coming...

After discussion with Gundo, we are dropping Ireland & Scotland, but picking up Netherlands. If you are already posting in here under Scotland or Ireland am happy for you to continue posting in here. But you can now also play in the Netherlands (No Relegation this season due to changing rules within their set-up (Expected to be completely different in 2015)

Brora Rangers

2015/2016 Mid-Season

Brora_Rangers_FC_logo.png

Scottish League 2 |

Table | Squad | Transfers

As you can see, we are proving to be a nasty surprise for the established order in SL2 - and have been a handful in the cups as well.

I'm enjoying season one, taking plenty of time to tinker with tactics and getting very satisfactory results from the players. Managed to cobble together a fairly decent coaching setup by persuading our senior players to turn player/coach - the board even allowed me a Physio! (In fact, he's insisted rather pompously on being 'Head Physio', but he's got skills in double figures so I'm happy.)

My trials unearthed a couple of half-decent kids and a thorough raid on the Highland League produced some remarkably reliable goal threats. It's the ex-Premier League core who were already at the club who are making such an impression on the league though. I'm all too aware that puts me on borrowed time - two of my key men are over 35!

Here are the Key Players:

Grant Munro | Ross Tokely | Gavin Morrison

And here is the One Who Got Away - was at the club last season, but left before I was in post, and has remained stubbornly unattached ever since, insisting that there is no way he would stoop to our level. :mad:

Stuart Kettlewell

Although the most glorious result was forcing a cup replay against the mighty Partick Thistle,

the most important match so far occurred in pre-season, and ended satisfactorily:

Brora_hammer_wick_zps8b8ccef1.png

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2, align: center]125px-A_D_Carregado.png

AD Carregado

Season 1: 2015/16 Preseason[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Players

| Transfers | Squad | Tactics |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30][/TD]

[TD]Transfers: Starters, Bench, Youth

Bruno Cardoso (DR) - Not exactly incredible, but he should be pretty good for this level.

Tiago Lopes (AM) - Had an up and down Preseason, but will be a good Shadow Striker (I hope)

Cesar (DC) - The youngster has some potential, will be on the park at the start.

Hugo Amado (MC) - This guy has some stunning free kicks, and pretty solid through the middle, could be a star.

Pedro Branco (DL) - A great Preeason for Branco on the left.

Diogo Carmelo (ST) - I had wanted to sign him for Alverca, but he has agreed to come for Carregado.

Diogo Andre (AMR) - A bit of an assist machine early in the preseason.

Paulico (AML) - The star left wing, but out for another 5 days, then will need to get match fitness.

Wilson Silva (DC) - Yeah, I over spent to get the best DC available.

Luis Goncalves (DL) - A back-up Left back

Magano (MC) - Will probably rotate with Xano, not 100% sure though.

Sylvain Petit (AMRL) - Cover for both sides of the park.

Marcio Deib (AML) - A good inside forward who will start the season through injury.

Pedro Amendoeria (DC) - A general back-up

Luis Rodera (AML) - A younster who can play pretty well when needed.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Friendlies

|Fixtures |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]We started with 6 friendlies to try and build match fitness (It never happened), but all were against lower teams who we should beat easily, wanted to make sure the team got their goalscoring boots on, in a couple of games it took the reserves to make sure we got the win, but in the end we got the win in all 6 games and are in good form going into the season.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

In the first game we scored first for 1-0, then they scored 3 times before halftime. Thought we were done for, but an injury saw our sub come on at Left Wing, and he scored 2, got an assist, had another disallowed for a foul, and a fourth hit the post. 5-3 the final score with a great win.

Archived