FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

The last game of Irish "First Division" takes place on the 10th of October 2014 if there is no play-off afterwards (which I really doubt).

The last two were Shamrock Rovers B (not sure if I can manage them, @LowerLeaguesRule?) and Cobh Ramblers, so Ramblers it is! I will post opening update later this evening.

--EDIT-- actually there is promotion playoff, but that won't change much on the bottom of the standings :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this in the youth challenge, but it might come in handy for this challenge as well (pretty sure the optional part is valid for this challenge as well):

Holidaying in Scotland:

The last game of the regular season is on 2 may. This is also the day the team from the lower league that gets to play the bottom team for promotion is chosen. Save on 1 may and holiday untill you like the team that is selected (It's visible in the league screen, and the fixtures of the team that finished last.) Reloading a couple of times gave me about 5 different teams. Cove Rangers is the most likely, followed by Brora. The game is scheduled for 16 may. Save before the game and reload untill the bottom division team wins. Actual reset date is 20 june. (optional: look at the facilities of said team and realize Scotland might not be the best option for this challenge )

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2, align: center]Logo.png

Alverca SAD

Season 1: 2015/16 A Beginning[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Club

| Overview | League History | Squad |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30][/TD]

[TD]Club History: The club was originally founded in 1939 as Alverca FC, but after spending several seasons in the top division in the 90s & 00s the club went bankrupt in 2005 and collapsed, the club was removed from the league. In the 2006/07 season the club was reformed as Alverca Futebol SAD and started in the lower divisions and have made attempts to work their way back up the leagues.

Club Information: The club is based in Alverca do Ribatejo near Lisbon, in the 90s & 00s the club spent most of it as a feeder club for Benfica, the Director who was largely blamed for the financial collapse of the club has since taken a major role in the running of Benfica, and some members of the club are concerned about this. The clubs stadium can fit 20,000 fans and has good training facilities.

Squad: The biggest issue here is the amateur status of the majority of the players, I need to extend these contracts and dow

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Manager

| Overview | Information | Nationalities |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jono Newton: The 32 year old New Zealand/Scottish Manager has returned to Portugal the home of his greatest triumphs to take on Alverca. He is a fully tactical genius with a specialty in Man Management, he enjoys working with youngsters and an attacking 4-2-4 with an offset ST/AMC combo leading the line an inside forward and winger supporting them.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

After way too many sims, I finally settled on a team.

150px-UD_Lanzarote.png

Union Deportiva Lanzarote in the Spanish Second Division B1, based out of Arrecife in the Canary Islands.

Manager Information

Team Profile

Manager Profile

Team History

Pretty much looking at this as playing around with the beta while hopefully getting a few seasons in and making more teams available.

TARANTOFC-logo1.png

TARANTO FC

Profile | Information | Facilities

Manager Profile | Information

Ok then! I'm back, I've taken over Taranto and I'm going to spend plenty of time having a look around at the new features in the game. As for the club, we've experienced something of a nosedive in recent years following administration in summer 2012 where the club refused to enter the Liga Pro. As such AS Taranto folded and Taranto FC were formed in placed in Serie D.

We've got very good facilities for this level, although I'm not sure why our capacity is set at 27,584 but reduced to 12,154 for 'normal matches'. Eh?

In terms of my abilities I went for a mix of tracksuit and tactical but almost totally reduced goalkeepers and adaptability to spend points elsewhere. As a tip I'd recommend doing the same with adaptability as this only affects your ability to adapt to a new league. Given we're not doing that in this file it made sense to me to reduce that and up points elsewhere. Similar thinking for goalkeeping coaching as I'll have my own coach. Stats.

That's all for now. I'll update when I can :)

cobh.png?w=470

COBH RAMBLERS FC

Profile | Information | Squad | League History

Manager Profile | Information

This is my first time doing this challenge and I hope to make it memorable. Decided to start in Ireland, last team in the standings was Shamrock B, only two points behind Cobh Ramblers. Star-wise the squad is solid, although compared to league standard, it is crap. Most of the current squad is on ending contracts so it will take some re-evaluating. We are £200 over our weekly wage budget with £-90,000 in bank. This will be difficult.

First two things.

I can't find any staff. I've approached everyone, even literally the worst candidates, and no one is interested. Going to try giving my team president the responsibility of signing staff.

And my first offer for a friendly comes from Manchester City. Hopefully the slaughter will be worth the 60K euro we receive.

Not a problem I have found in Portugal, in fact I have been able to sign some pretty good staff. Added some good players as well as contracts to the teams amateurs that I needed to keep. Looks like the situation here is better than it was last year. 4k wage budget with a formerly amateur club means I have full control of where I spent the money....

Also while here, what is everyone's thoughts about the blue in my updates? Is it too much?

Piacenza Calcio 1919

mMGWKoo.jpg

Piacenza - 2014/15 - Italian Serie C/A

Squad | Table | Transfers | Finances

Final position: 14th

Serie C Cup: Group Stage Knockout

Best result: 7-1 home win against Siena

Worst result: 0-2 home loss to Torres

Top goalscorer: Giuseppe Cozzolino, 26 (26 in the league)

Most assists: Nicola Della Penna, 11 (11 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Danielle Frabotta 7.40(7.40 in the league)

2014/15 Quick takes:

- After a slow start we consolidated ourselves at the position just above the relegation zone

- We managed to get by with the signing of a couple of loanees

- Our home form was impressive. Away from home not so much

Players of the season:

D/M R | Danielle Frabotta | He really lifted our right side in the second half of the season

M C | Nicola Della Penna | The new guy played really well.

AM R / ST | Giuseppe Cozzolino | 26 goals from a position as winger. Very well indeed!

2015/16 Quick takes:

- We've signed the first 3 men for next season and have 2-3 more in our radar

- The finances are in shambles and we're forced to sell if we get offers for our players.

- With the abovementioned additions we could be battling for a top-half finish.

Wick Academy

tumblr_ne0uw0cHV11u29ayro1_250.jpg

Manager 1, 2 | Club Information, History

The mighty Wick Academy beat Montrose in the playoff to join the Scottish League 2. Unfortunately for them they handed the reigns to the unknown, unqualified and frankly useless manager, Dr. Duck.

The only thing of note is that Wick is the northern-most team in the league, I made a little map (I like maps) to demonstrate my point. As such I will try to do this challenge with only signing British and Scandinavian players but in all likelihood I'll be sacked before I even have a chance to sign anyone foreign.

P.S. Can anyone make the logo file for them for me please :)

P.P.S. I just found a picture of my ground, behold Harmsworth Park! 1, 2, which frankly doesn't look like the pitch is especially flat...

Wick Academy

2015/2016

Scottish League 2 | 8th

Table | Squad | Fixtures | Transfers

I arrived in Wick and saw I didn't have enough footballers, 1 centre back isn't going to cut it. I looked at who would actually agree to sign for me, there were only 25 players on that list, all of them were at best rejects from Elgin City and they finished 9th in the league. Slowly throughout the year the number of players that thought I was a real club steadily increased to about 80 hence my constant free transfer signings thoughout the year.

The year started quite well with a lot of draws in the league, I was wondering if actually winning a game was possible. This was clearly ill advised as then I started losing every game, after some tactical changes I went on a good run and took a manager of the month award, this patch was enough to secure our place in the league. The less said about the cups the better, 3 cups entered, 3 games played.

Top players: Stephen Gauld | James Mackay | Colin MacLean

Other stuff: Spare a thought for 34 year old right back, David Hind, he was 1st choice until he lost 7 months to knee tendonitis and it has ruined his stats, career killed.

Season | League | Position | Cup     | Leag. Cup | Chal. Cup | Avg. Att.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16 |  2nd   |   8th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    233

Holiday(man) in Rimini - A.C. Rimini 1912 - Serie C - 2015/2016

130px-Rimini_Calcio_Logo.png

stadio-romeo-neri-di-rimini-1.jpg

Rimini is an idyllic seaside resort on the east coast of Italy and is more famous for its sunny beaches and being the birthplace of famous movie director Federico Fellini than its actual football. Ten years ago Rimini gained an unlikely promotion to Serie B and took a point off newly relegated and controversial Italian champions Juventus. The future looked bright for this little coastal club. However the honeymoon period was not to last as long and the club sound found itself back in Serie C. After dabbling around Serie C for a few years, the club fell into financial ruin and were relegated to Serie D at the end of the 2013/14 season.

However under the leadership of manager Marco Osio, the club has sparked a change in fortune with the club dramatically sealing promotion back to Serie C at the first attempt. However once again happiness would turn to sadness and then to bitter disappointment as manager Osio was found in bed with the owners daughter after the club's annual promotion party and was promptly issued his P45.Now chairman Fabrizio De Meis was at a crisis point. What should have been a glorious return to the 3rd tier of Italian football had become a PR nightmare. What he needed was a fall-guy. An idiot, a buffon, an ugly son of a bitch who would never sleep with his whore of a daughter. A hopeless foreigner who he could deflect any blame onto should things go wrong.

After a day of long soul-searching and walking down the beach he stumbled into a cosy little seaside bar, set up by Winston Kasbarian - a former English teacher and entrepreneur in Rimini who had arrived in town 3 years ago and decided to stay after his flight from Ryanair was delayed and his luggage was sent to Barcelona. One thing led to another and after several cocktails, Kasbarian was appointed in true Italian Cellino-Hockaday fashion because according to De Meis "he's a pretty cool guy" and "knows his stuff about the Serie C set-up."

So let's see what we've got;

Information

Club Overview

Squad

Facilities

Finances

Prediction: 18th. Avoid relegation!!

First two things.

I can't find any staff. I've approached everyone, even literally the worst candidates, and no one is interested. Going to try giving my team president the responsibility of signing staff.

And my first offer for a friendly comes from Manchester City. Hopefully the slaughter will be worth the 60K euro we receive.

Well MC only beat us 3-0 despite outshooting us 17-0 so that's encouraging. I suspect our defense will be our strength.

And the president did find us an assistant coach. He's Turkish, doesn't speak Spanish and is the under 19s assistant but at least he gets rid of unrealistic options so I can complete my staff.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2, align: center]Logo.png

Alverca SAD

Season 1: 2015/16 A Preseason[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Friendlies[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]fixtures.png

Games: They pretty much went as expected, in the middle we played two games against similar opposition the 4-4 draw, and 3-1 results being those two, the rest were against easier teams as I wanted to get some happiness flowing and hopefully find some goalscoring options throughout the team. Now looking forward to getting into the games.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Players

| Transfers | Squad | Tactics |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Signings:

Andre Fojo (GK) - I signed him as the new starter (Best I could find), but he is now the 3rd Keeper

Bruno Barros (GK) - Our back-up, he was my first pick for starter, but with a long term injury I couldn't sign him straight away.

Bruno (AMC)* - Currently our lead for the Shadow Striker role, hopefully see him popping up with the goals soon.

Diogo Mauricio (AML) - Our young back-up on the left wing side.

Eduardo Bonetti (DC) - One of our younger back-ups, could play a role if injuries affect our core DCs

Filipe Paiva (DC)* - It took several attempts to complete this signing, as his club that he was with kept offering new contracts to him (I assume amateur/non-contract ones)

Francis (AMR)* - I had some concerns about To Jo as I started to sign players to other roles, but could only find youngsters, now I have three guys battling for the role.

Ivo Fernandes (MC)* - He will play as our Box to Box Midfielder to start the season

Joao Martins (MC)* - Martins will pair with Fernandes, he will play as the Ball Winner to start with.

Luisinho (AMR) - The other young right winger bought in to compete for the role, slightly behind Francis right now.

Mauro Mesquita (DL)* - Our starting Wing back, he will be looking to get involved up the left, Jonnhy his back-up will do the same.

Naldo (AMC) - Signed as the starter, but dropped behind when we added Bruno.

Nuno Silva (GK)* - Our starter between the sticks will do his best to try and keep the ball out of his own net.

Pedro Ferreira (DR)* - Our starting right back, he will be in a more supportive role, and more likely to be back in the caser of a counter attack.

Ruslan Padnevych (ST) - The Ukrainian will play as the back-up to start the season, but given his skills I feel he could end up in the role by the end of the season.

Sergio Nunes (DC)* - The next best DC, will probably start the season on the bench as he recovers from injury giving Bonetti the start for now.

Tiago Lopes (AMC) - I love my younger guys, and this was another one for some depth.

Tony (DC) - A youngster who will look to be the second back-up

Yan Zihao (AML)* - The Chinese left winger will get the start out there, looks very useful, learning the language is the first challenge though.

I didn't sign this guy, but I really did think about it after seeing his name.

Starting XI:

I will be playing a sort of 4-2-4 this season, standard mentality and fluid positioning, could also be labelled a 4-2-3-1, but the front 4 are more likely to work as a unit. The Right winger is an Inside Forward, the Centre AM is a Shadow Striker and the ST is Deep Lying, this results in a front line which is sort of angled across the field and should hopefully get goals from all of them, with assists if not from the front coming from the Box to Box midfielder and the Left Winger (S). The Ball Winning Mid helps to protect in front of the back line while the left back is likely to get up the field as well in his attacking Wingback role, if we have overlaps it should be on that side of the field.

GK: Nuno Silva

DR: Pedro Ferreira

DC: Filipe Paiva

DC: Sergio Nunes

DL: Mauro Mesquita

MC: Ivo Fernandes

MC: Joao Martins

AMR: Francis - For now (To Jo could win it back)

AMC: Bruno

AML: Yan Zihao

ST: Jordan - The only starter who was with the club when I joined[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hey. Just stumbled across this and thought I would like to join in. Never played any of the betas but have played FM on Steam since 2009 and played Championship Manager before that as a kid. WIll a save on the beta continue after full release?

It is looking like it is related to Match Fitness, once the levels get up to max the players stay fit :)

Also about that, on previous years if your training regime workload was "high" your players were more likely to pick up injuries. Is that helpful?

Wick Academy

2016/2017

Scottish League 2 | 9th

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Second season, so of course I pushed on and was fighting for the title... or maybe not. On the 8th game of the season I got my first point, on the 19th I finally kept a clean sheet. If I was 1-0 up I was going to lose, if I was 2-0 up then I'd probably get a draw, my team loved to see goals even if that meant letting a few in their own end.

Top players: Colin MacLean | Graham Hay

Other stuff: I came within a whisker of being sacked if I lost to Queen's Park in the penultimate game of the season.

Also in a financial mess, the picture only looks OK because you get paid ~£40K league prize money that month

Season | League | Position |   Cup   | Leag. Cup | Chal. Cup | Avg. Att.
16/17 |  2nd   |   9th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    190

iFzSGPx.jpg

The locker room has turned against me because I needed money and sold a starter for seven times his value :-(

The big problem is that in the conversation with my concerned player did not have the option that he was sold because of our insecure finances.

Ouch, hopefully that will blow over fast.

Players seem a lot whinier in general, I forever have backup players demanding first team football but there is no option to say, you're not good enough that why your contract says backup.

Brora Rangers

Brora_Rangers_FC_logo.png

'mon the Cattachs! As the second-most-northerly league club in the British Isles, all right-thinking Brora fans

hate the dirty Wickers with a passion which keeps them nice and warm throughout the bleak Sutherland winters.

They play at the marvellously spacious Dudgeon Park, which has... erm... vertical potential:

301222-dudgeon-park-brora.jpg

I have no idea what the hell that thing on their badge is, but I'm going to damn well find out!

I'm also going to actually start the game up and add a manager, but not tonight - small person to look after :mad:

So after some bad games to start, we have now played 13 games, so 5 games left in the first phase and we have climbed to 4th having played the top 3 twice each already. This means the remaining 5 games are against teams below us, though we are 9pts from 2nd, so the chances of catching up and making it into the Promotion Playoff is unlikely this season.

Wick Academy

2017/2018

Scottish League 2 | 3rd

Season 3 started badly in the way of the first two seasons, then I finally hit on a tactic that worked. It seems the same happened to Stranraer and we both climbed up the league together eventually finishing in 3rd place. Sadly for me the playoff was against Clyde and I have an abyssmal record against Clyde, lost both matches 3-1 better luck next time.

Top players: Colin MacLean | Lee Fraser | Graham Fraser

Other stuff: I got two confirmed kills this season, bosses of both Ayr and Albion Rovers were sacked immediately after losing to me.

A fan consortium took over the club (and took out the loan that is making my finances look artificially better)

17/18 |  2nd   |   3rd    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |    263

Im really getting tired of the locker room drama....

Case 1: I sell a first team regular valued 110K for 750K to Lazio to garner some income.

Case 2: A youth prospect won't renew his contract and signs with Parma

Case 3: A youth prospect is poached by Perugia and they pay the compensation.

In all cases my team is bitching about me selling our brightest talents... I'm growing more and more tired of not being able to tell them I couldn't do anything or that we needed the money.

It hasn't showed on the pitch yet, but I hate seeing those slt's on the players!

Case 1: I sell a first team regular valued 110K for 750K to Lazio to garner some income.

In all cases my team is bitching about me selling our brightest talents... I'm growing more and more tired of not being able to tell them I couldn't do anything or that we needed the money.

It hasn't showed on the pitch yet, but I hate seeing those slt's on the players!

With the new additions to training in FCM I might convert this year.

What team are you?

Sounds like a great academy, even though they're not staying with you lol

Waterford_United_FC_logo.svg

Waterford United

Club Profile - Club Information - Squad - Recent League History

Manager Profile - Manager Overview

It turns out that Waterford United were once the dominant team in Ireland, in the mid 1960's to the early 1970's. They won the league in 1966, 68, 69, 70, 72 and 73 but haven't had too much success since, we have a good few players with a strong youth team (in my opinion). We have £200 spare wage budget so hopefully I can get some good freebies in. In the 1st season they finished dead last with 20 points with Cobh Ramblers finishing 7th with 27 points.

Cobh Ramblers

MZ2RFCR.png

Irish First Division | 6th

My first season in charge we tried our best not to make a fools of ourselves. We had a good start but then a seriously bad run of form saw us drop into the middle park. Very inconsistent performances meant that we were jumping up and down the table whole send half of the season and finally settled comfortably at 6th place. Cup-wise there was only one team we beat and it was a non-league club in Munster Senior Cup. Surprisingly, we more than satisfied our board with this "achievement". At the end of a season, I signed new two year deal with The Club.

Top players:

Stephen Kenny | Robert Waters

Season | League            | Position | Munster Cup  | League Cup | Chal. Cup  | Avg. Att.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2015  |  First Division   |   6th    |  Semi-final  |   2nd Rnd   |  2nd Rnd  |    216

P.S.: Post design borrowed from Quacky's Wick Academy. Hope you don't mind.

Nairn County

nairn.png

Club Overview League History Club Background

With the club recently turning 100 years old and the last competition win over 30 years ago, the history pages are a blank canvas for young talented manager Adam Banks to fill. With players experiencing their first foray into Scottish League 2, a "bare bones" backroom staff team and very basic facilities, will County manage any success at all?

Manager Profile Manager Info

Wick Academy

2018/2019

Scottish League 2 | 1st

Almost the same team as last year but this time I didn't screw up the first 10 games of the season so promotion was quite straight forward :)

Top players: Colin MacLean | Lee Fraser

Other stuff: Ross Paterson, possibly a decent youth player!

17/18 |  2nd   |   3rd    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |    263
18/19 |  2nd   |   1st    | 2nd Rnd |  2nd Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    268

Archived