FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

Yeah, I'm absolutely delighted! Look at the respective numbers of clear cut chances as well!

Edit: Good stuff in the league, well on your way to becoming a Pauwerhouse. :o

I hadn't even noticed that stat, incredible! Although Arsenal's recent CL games with them IRL have shown that Galatasaray really are pretty terrible anyway ;)

Pauwerhouse! Awesome pun :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking strong there iacovone, do you think this is the season you manage to get promoted?

I hope so mate, but as I suspected a glut of injuries may stop us in our tracks. Amaro Neto and Tiago Meneses have been laid low for 4 and 2 weeks respectively and that's my first-choice left flank gone. Update to follow over the weekend I reckon.

Noticed recently that the game isn't auto-saving any screenshots that aren't from the schedule menu, squad menu or the transfer menu. Wont let me screenshot the league table or players which is irritating. Anyone else having this problem or experienced it before? Tried adding another shortcut for screenshotting and the same thing has happened. Obviously can Gyazo them but much easier especially when screenshotting player screens to just auto-screenshot within the game.

edit: ah never mind apparently its a known issue they're looking into :(

I hope so mate, but as I suspected a glut of injuries may stop us in our tracks. Amaro Neto and Tiago Meneses have been laid low for 4 and 2 weeks respectively and that's my first-choice left flank gone. Update to follow over the weekend I reckon.

Ouch. Injuries do often seem to affect either several key players or several players in the same position at the same time.

Noticed recently that the game isn't auto-saving any screenshots that aren't from the schedule menu, squad menu or the transfer menu. Wont let me screenshot the league table or players which is irritating. Anyone else having this problem or experienced it before? Tried adding another shortcut for screenshotting and the same thing has happened. Obviously can Gyazo them but much easier especially when screenshotting player screens to just auto-screenshot within the game.

It's the new patch I think, hopefully they sort it soon, because it's pretty annoying to take screenshots atm.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 5 -- 2019-20 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao

First Phase |Table | Results

With the horror of last season behind us, I was honestly just hoping for any improvement on our first phase woes. What happened was way beyond my expectations as we romped to the top of our group, losing just once along the way!

Full report here

Promotion Phase | Table | Results

So this was our second journey to the promotion phase and frankly I thought we had a chance of promotion. And we did! A couple of draws too many, a few injuries here and there and an incredibly tight group saw us just miss out but it was a massive improvement on the seven points we accumulated last time we were at this stage.

A shame, but we're making progress. Just need to make sure we don't go backwards again.

Squad

After breaking his 29-game duck, Kevin Da Silva actually had a good season for us, scoring 13 in 30. He wasn't our No.1 striker though; that fell to good old Paulinho, who once again provided goals and assists from the DLF position.

In midfield Amaro Neto had a sterling year off the left flank, and I'm pleased to say I convinced him to sign a new deal. Great news :). Elsewhere Dhiego led the midfield productively - just need to improve his stamina so that he can complete 90 minutes more often! Young Joao Aveiro had more competition from loanees this season but continued his steady rise, while fellow academy graduate Bruno Adriano had similar concerns at right-back. Both did well though.

The centre of defence was our big problem last year and I'm pleased to say I finally solved it thanks to the work of young Igor Carvalho and the elder statesman Simao Coutinho. We can still improve in this department though.

Squad Stats

ScreenShot2014-12-13at085242_zpsd98ff4b8.png

I really like this graphic. Gives you a feel for who the fans connect with.

Admin

The financial situation gets worse and worse but until I gain promotion there's basically nothing I can do...

Best XI

Previous Seasons

ScreenShot2014-12-13at091429_zps5d43a271.png

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2017/18 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Team Report | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

We made a huge profit this season, mainly due to the league's TV deal. I also managed to get transfer fees for most of the players who weren't good enough for this level, wanted to leave or simply didn't work out during the season.

PTT 1. League

Predicted finish: 17th

Actual Finish: 2nd (Promoted!)

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

I did not expect this. At all. I thought I had built a squad good enough to stave off relegation, but we soon found ourselves climbing very high in the table. What is worrying is that the winning team scored 7 goals past us, which contributed to our relatively poor season at the back. However, we managed to fend off several competitors despite me frequently playing a 16 year-old youth academy graduate in midfield, and managed to get automatic promotion with one game to go. This means that we will be playing at a level where Batman Petrolspor has never been before.

Cup

Group Stage

Progress on last season, as we managed to overcome a team in the league below and one in ours to reach the group stage. Here we faced three Superleague teams, and despite not finishing 4th we put up a good fight, which culminated in a 3-1 win over giants Galatasaray. We also took a point off Sivasspor when they played a frankly ridiculous 4-0-1-2-3 formation, before switching to a more standard 4-2-4.

Squad

Squad Screen 1 | Squad Screen 2

Most Appearances: Sebahattin Usta (37 starts, 3 sub)

Top Goalscorer: Yiğit Konuk (12)

Most Assists: Sebahattin Usta (13)

Highest Average Rating: Sebahattin Usta (7.31)

Usta dominated in almost all departments this season to once again be our best player. I'm hoping the guy becomes a legend for the club this season, having already become an icon. Yiğit Konuk became top goalscorer after struggling for goals at the start of the season. He really stepped up in the latter part of the season, scoring some vital goals along the way.

I would usually give a full squad report here, but I am not going to be taking and cropping that many screenshots again until FM's screenshot problems are sorted.

Previous Season Goals

-Stay up - Success - We exceeded this by far, getting promoted with the smallest wage budget in the league.

-Continue developing the club's infrastructure - Success - As well as the improvements agreed earlier, I managed to convince the board to improve our youth and training facilities at a combined cost of £1.4M.

-Start turning our young players into stars for the club - Success - Yiğit Konuk was the topscorer, while Abdurrahman Aksu played a lot of games in midfield.

Next Season Goals

-Enjoy the ride - I still think it is way too early for us to get promoted, and I think we might be going straight back down.

-Continue developing the club's infrastructure - We've made some marked improvements to our facilities, but this year's youth intake was still decent at best. We will also be forced to expand our stadium to at least 10,000 seats. Hopefully this expansion will not cost too much, so that we can still get other projects going.

-Hold on to Konuk - This season he has developed into a brilliant young striker, and several clubs already took notice in the summer. I ended up rejecting bids upto £195k because we do not need the money, but I'm sure they'll be back the coming summer.

Career

| Season  |   League    |  Position  |      Cup      |   Avg. Att.   | Season Tickets (Change) |        Achievements       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 15/16   |   2L Red    |    7th     |    2nd Rnd    |      959      |        623  (+90)       |                           |
| 16/17   |   2L Red    |    1st     |    3rd Rnd    |     1007      |        645  (+22)       |   Promoted as Champions   |
| 17/18   |   PTT 1.    |    2nd     |  Group Stage  |     2369      |       1527 (+882)       |          Promoted         |

Just had the stadium expansion announced as expected, and the £4,25M cost will be covered entirely by a grant from the authorities. So even with the £1.4M expenditure for improving the youth and training facilities we still have £1.7M in the bank. We will be playing at Diyarbakır's Yeni Diyarbakır (33,000 seats!) until the expansion is complete, before we move back to our 10,000 seat stadium.

I also got our junior coaching budget upgraded (it is now average). All in all I'm pretty pleased with my various boards, which change every two years due to elections.

Edit: New sponsorship deals for around £450k, up from £79k. :cool:

Romanista1994

- Superb season, good luck in the Super League, I'm sure you'll do well once again.

Edit: There is so much money in Turkey! Like yourself I am making a decent profit and the board have agreed to upgrade my facilities again!

Romanista1994

- Superb season, good luck in the Super League, I'm sure you'll do well once again.

Edit: There is so much money in Turkey! Like yourself I am making a decent profit and the board have agreed to upgrade my facilities again!

Thanks you, I'm not too sure about us doing well this season, but we've been able to add a few decent Super League players (our parent club helping massively in that regard) which is reassuring. I've also managed to persuade the board to upgrade our youth recruitment (now average). This bodes well for the future, as we already have two academy graduates who are rated as future Super League players (Aksu and another whom I didn't screenshot because of the issues with screenshot), so with the growth in this department we might see some very good intakes in the future.

I do quite like how much money there is in Turkey, if it is still the same next year I might give a youth only save a try (provided Batman are eligible), as you should be able to improve the facilities enough in the lowest tier to get some quality youth players through.

Thanks you, I'm not too sure about us doing well this season, but we've been able to add a few decent Super League players (our parent club helping massively in that regard) which is reassuring. I've also managed to persuade the board to upgrade our youth recruitment (now average). This bodes well for the future, as we already have two academy graduates who are rated as future Super League players (Aksu and another whom I didn't screenshot because of the issues with screenshot), so with the growth in this department we might see some very good intakes in the future.

I do quite like how much money there is in Turkey, if it is still the same next year I might give a youth only save a try (provided Batman are eligible), as you should be able to improve the facilities enough in the lowest tier to get some quality youth players through.

Great job Romanista. The money definitely is making things easier in Turkey. I'm not at all used to actually making money at the lower levels, it's a fun change.

We have plenty of time to still do a youth challenge, however, the only issue is that in Turkey the youth candidates arrive after the player registration window, so you can't actually play them and therefore struggle!

Great job Romanista. The money definitely is making things easier in Turkey. I'm not at all used to actually making money at the lower levels, it's a fun change.

Thanks, Tecmo.

We have plenty of time to still do a youth challenge, however, the only issue is that in Turkey the youth candidates arrive after the player registration window, so you can't actually play them and therefore struggle!

True, but that still is nowhere near as bad as Germany, where iirc players can only play when they're 17 and the youth players come through at 14-15. And in the long run the facilities upgrades make all the difference.

dfs_wl_d_elversberg_sv.gif

Elversberg 1907

2017/18

Sorry about the distinct lack of screenshots I can't for the life of me work out how to do them now :(.

The League

We were predicted a 4th place finish which was looking optimistic when we went into the winter break in 8th place and the board were getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of results but a run a 10 straight victories after the break saw us climb up into the automatic promotion spots. Going into the final day of the season we sat just 3 points behind the league leaders Darmstadt and with a better goal difference, we won our game comfortably 3-0 and a Darmstadt conceded in the 93rd minute to lose their game 3-2 which saw Elversberg crowned champions of the 3.Liga, their first piece of silverware since the 1995/96 season.

I won Manager of the Year too!!

The German Cup

We managed to get the the 3rd round beating Hannover and Borrussia Monchengladback before getting beated 2-0 by SC Paderborn. The cup run surprised me a little as we managed to beat two Bundesliga teams but the main thing I was pleased about was the £1.8m of TV Revenue that the club received for the three games.

The Squad

On the whole I'm pleased, we won the league I can't be unhappy with that really :p, but I know we will have to strengthen the core of the squad quite significantly to hope to survive in the 2.Bundesliga. I've arranged a few players to come in on a free already, A GK who is a huge improvement on our current first choice and a new left winger with huge potential. I'll be looking for more young players with big potential to bring in in a few more positions and then one or two players to act as cover, because I cant put any shots in I can't show you all the players I'm looking at but as soon as I work it out I'll put links in.

The Finances

They are still in poor shape, currently about £1m in debt, but they could have been much worse if it wasn't for out little cup run. Again, the prize money at the end of next season should bring us back to somewhere around £0 so I'm not too worried about them just yet.

The Future

As I said I'm looking at bringing in a bunch of 18-21 year olds with some decent potential to hopefully form a core of the team for years to come but getting hold of the right players for a decent price is always a struggle but I think we are in a much better position going into next season than we were last time we got promoted and I'm expectant not hopeful that we will stay up this time.

My manager is currently studying for his National C Licence which I should pass sometime over the summer hopefully I can get the board to pay for my B Licence sometime over the next year too.

This is a somewhat rushed update so if I have forgotten anything please mention it and I'll rectify it, thanks :).

Virilem - great first season in the National there! Looking forward to the review.

ArranoBeltza - well done finally gaining promotion to Liga Adelante. Like the look of Altamira

Iacovone - that’s some turnaround! Unlucky in the play-off phase but hopefully that form will kick on into next season.

Romanista1994 - Not a bad result that against Galatasaray! Awesome stuff gaining promotion too. Good luck next season – looking forward to more Gala victiroes!

Chris11223 - well done on the title and good luck in 2. Bundesliga next season.

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2015/2016 Season Review

League Table

A quite fantastic season for us as we finished first by 11 points, scoring the most goals and allowing the second fewest for a +40 goal differential. We started out a bit slow (6-2-3) as I was figuring out the team but then went on a 19 game unbeaten run before finally losing to Ankaragucu and then winning our last 3 games. We were undefeated for the year at home. We ran a 4-1-4-1 possession based formation 95% of the time.

The actual team I ended up using was much younger than my anticipated starters at the beginning of the season.

MR Sefer Sever lead the way as my captain and was named the Spor Toto 2 League Player of the Year. He was our main catalyst, wreaking havoc from the right side and leading the team in assists with 13 while also scoring 14, good for second on the team.

DM Huseyin Avcu was named the Spor Toto 2 League Young Player of the Year, scoring 4 goals and netting 7 assists, both mostly on free kicks, and spearheaded the defense.

St Yilmaz Taskiran started the season as Ersen Martin's backup but took over the starting job right about when we went on our run. He ended up being our leading scorer with 21 goals in 19 appearances (7 on penalty kicks) and he added 4 assists.

MC Baris Ustun ended up being our 3rd leading scorer with 12 goals and 6 assists after taking over when Uzumcu suffered a major injury early in the season. He was named in the League Team of the Year along with Sever.

MC Yasir Yener was our 3rd member of the League Team of the Year while playing as a supersub in our midfield. An afterthought to start the season, he just kept performing when given the chance whether lining up in the middle or out on the wing. He had 7 goals and 10 assists to go with a 7.41 rating.

I also took home Manager of the Year :)

Cup

Nothing to speak of this year, lost in the first round to Super League side Gaziantepspor 2-1. Gaziantepspor was relegated so we'll be fighting them in league play this year.

Looking Ahead

Financially we're in great shape as I kept us well below our payroll budget. We were also given 675K for winning the league so we now have 611K in the bank. We will also be given 2.78 million for TV rights from the upcoming season. I need to convince the board to spend some of that on our youth recruiting. Our youth intake was essentially worthless, I don't foresee anyone making a contribution. They have agreed to let me take a coaching course during the offseason.

I don't think we'll be making huge changes with the step up in competition. I want another striker to push Taskiran as I'm not convinced he can perform at the next level. But most of my changes will be on the defensive side. I have one center back I think I can count on in Fatih Gultekin but he needs a high level partner. I'm also going to look for a new left fullback as Ekrem Vatansever, while he performed well, is on the decline so I don't want to count on him stepping up. Goalkeeper will be the biggest change though. Ramazan Kursunlu did a good job for us but he's 34 and declining so I'm going to look elsewhere.

We are absolutely stacked in the midfield though. I have 6 players for 5 spots, most of whom my scouts think are good enough for our new level. and then I also have 2 promising youngsters behind them. I may actually try a strikerless formation to take advantage of my depth there.

We have the worst odds in our new league at 50-1 and our board is just looking for us to avoid relegation. With a doubling payroll budget and 155K available for a transfer budget, I don't think we'll have any trouble staying up.

Tecmo- congrats on promotion in the first season! The odds are against you to win it, but that shouldn't be your goal. Plus, you've already proved yourself to be a good tactical manager in season one.

And, as I always say, there is only one important question: where are the newgens????

USConcarneau.jpg

Union Sportive Concarneau

French National

Season 1: 2015/16 Review

Competitions

French National

|

A very unexpected result in our first season as we are able to achieve promotion to Ligue 2 despite being predicted to finish in 17th at the start of the season. Our chance of promotion came down to the very last day as we needed to beat 1st placed Nîmes Olympique and hope that 3rd placed FC Istres OP would drop points against their opponents. Luck was on our side that day however as we managed to grab a
and FC Istres OP only managed a 1-1 draw against 10th placed GF 38, allowing us to leapfrog them in the table and claim that last promotion spot.

French Cup

No exciting cup run this year. The board expected us to get to at least the Eighth Round and we got there and then dropped out with a pretty poor performance against a team we could have easily beat.

Players

Transfers | Squad | U19s

Player of the Year

Matthieu Le Roux

What a season for Le Roux. He was a menace playing behind the lone striker and racked up a total of 15 goals and 13 assists in the league. Opposition defences struggled to deal with him as evident by the massive 193 fouls against him. He also achieved the
award as well as being the only player from US Concarneau to be named in the
. He won the
by a landslide with 76% of the votes.

Runner-up

Third Place

U19s Player of the Year

Nicolas Josse

Not a lot of quality in the U19s Squad yet. Josse is our best prospect, and while he is a natural defensive/central midfielder I think he has the stats to be better utilised on the wings so I currently have him training on that.

Transfer of the Year

Matthis Jourdan

Brought in on loan from Stade Brestois, Jourdan made a great impact on the right flank, an area where we don't have a lot of depth. Made some good runs up the wing and provided some good crosses which helped him to get 13 assists (only topped by Le Roux with 14). He's young and has great potential, so I'd love to bring him back to the club next season and possibly sign him up when his contract ends at the end of next season.

Admin

Finances | Facilities | Manager Profile

Our finances are in an okay position as it stands (we're not in the negatives so that's always good). Hopefully we will get a huge cash injection from playing in Ligue 2 and that should easily be able to support us for the season.

During the season the board announced upgrades to our
, and at the end of the season the board announced the construction of a
(I assume this is to meet the stadium requirements of Ligue 2, although I am not sure why we couldn't have upgraded our current stadium)

And to top of this season I also won the
award.

Career

p7Aenot.png

Romanista1994 - Not a bad result that against Galatasaray! Awesome stuff gaining promotion too. Good luck next season – looking forward to more Gala victiroes!

Thanks! Hopefully my record against Gala will be more like the 3-1 than like the 4-0 beating they gave us in the first game. How's your season with Siena going? They're a club I'm pretty fond of, having managed them years ago, was sad to see them go bust.

chris - Great to see you bounce back immediately and win the title!

Tecmo - Congrats on the first season league win, Sefer Sever is some player.

Virilem - Good job sneaking into the promotion spot on the last day.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 6 -- 2020-21 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao - First Phase

ScreenShot2014-12-16at153935_zpsb229e913.png

ScreenShot2014-12-16at154303_zpsa0111df5.png

Right then, after a summer with little movement, logic suggested we'd be right back up near the top of the first phase. It was incredibly tight this time around as Oliveirense ran away with the group but we just about scraped into the promotion phase. Phew!

So what was different this time? Our forwards (Paulinho particularly) didn't bang the goals in like last year and our top goalscorer ended up scoring just nine times.

Daniel Carlos (DLC) arrived in January and he immediately becomes our best defender - he's great for this level. Scored on his debut too!

Amaro Neto again thrived on the left but a late switch to ST saw him carry us into the promotion phase. He'll most likely be kept up front where he combined well with Arilton Ebo, our top goalscorer.

I don't think we're as strong as last year so I'd be surprised if we go up but you can't knock momentum and those final three wins could have us heading into the promotion phase as the team to beat!

Tecmo - Congrats on the first season league win, Sefer Sever is some player.

Great player. I'm really having to fight teams off for him this offseason though and he's grumbling because I didn't let him go to a bigger reputation team in the same league.

dfs_wl_d_elversberg_sv.gif

Elversberg

Season 2018/19

I am still Unable to get screenshots of some things, including player profiles! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The League

Fixtures I - Fixtures II - League Table

We started the season really badly with only 1 win in out first 11 league games but a few slight changes to the tactics and with some of the new guys settling in well our form picked up, bar a spell after the winter break. Relegation never looked like it was on the cards this season which was very pleasing as we managed a 10th place finish, solidly in the mid-table area.

The Squad

Transfer History - Squad

As you can see there were quite a few new faces coming in at the start of the season, this showed in our results in the first half of the season I think as they settled at the club. The best of the new players has to be Markus Kolke and Farid Abderrahmane. Kolke was an ever present between the sticks and is one of the big reasons we finished where we did this year. Abderrahmane was brought in as cover for the left wing but I gave him a go up front when my forwards stopped scoring and he played his way into the first XI scoring 14 in his 20ish games up-front.

Transfers

I've brought in a few players on frees for next season most of them will act as cover for players as I'm comfortable with my stating XI at the moment. There is one player that will be going straight into the first team and that is Choi Hyun-Ki, at 21 he's a current South Korean international and has been scoring goals for fun at Seoul but I assume he wanted more money than they could offer and he left on a free and I snapped him up. He'll be our top earner on £9k p/w but I'm confident that he will justify the wage in the coming years.

Admin

Finances

The award money for the league put is back into the black for the time being, which is nice, but I'll look to improve our revenue in the coming years now that there are youngsters that are starting to come through and are attracting interest so hopefully we will become less reliant on league money to keep going.

I managed to convince the board to send me on another coaching course over the summer too so I will soon be the proud holder of a National B Licence :).

As Always If I have forgotten anything just say and I again apologize about the lack of screenshots but I just can't figure them out.

Thanks! Hopefully my record against Gala will be more like the 3-1 than like the 4-0 beating they gave us in the first game. How's your season with Siena going? They're a club I'm pretty fond of, having managed them years ago, was sad to see them go bust.

Yes my progress is slower than i'd like but we're in early December now. Started really badly as the squad was inadequate really and although it's still in development we're getting better which means form has picked up. hopefully with further tinkering in a few areas we'll improve more and continue to climb up the league. Just beat league leaders which is hopefully a good sign ad not a fluke result!

Sad to report I had no youth candidates through the academy this year worth their salt. Best prospect has 3 star potential :(

In more positive news I just received my first job offer from a club in the Segunda Division, so I'm getting recognition at least!

Some bad news and some good news in Batman as we prepare for the next season. The bad news is that goalkeeper Eray Birniçan tore his cruciate ligament in training and will in all likelihood never play for us again. The good news is that I was able to bring in a new goalkeeper who is by far our best player. However, I did have to break my self-imposed wage structure for the first time in this save to sign him (gave him £3k p/w, while I didn't want to go above £2.5k p/w this season).

As Always If I have forgotten anything just say and I again apologize about the lack of screenshots but I just can't figure them out.

The screenshot thing is quite annoying, but sounds like it's been fixed in today's patch.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Season 4 Preseason Report

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

Spent some money again, and parent club Urfaspor continues to allow us to get good players in on free loans.

Friendly Results

Friendlies

Not our best pre-season in terms of results, a couple of worrying losses against lower league opposition in there.

Current First Eleven

GK: Harun Tekin - Our new number 1, signed after his predecessor got a long-term injury.

RB: Rıdvan Şimşek - Pretty bad at defending, pretty decent going forward, which hopefully suits the role he will play for my team.

CB: Yasin Arslan - A strong centreback all-round, I expect his marking skill to be vital this season.

CB: Cenk Kaplan - Very slow, so much so that even if we normally defend pretty deep he might have trouble when we lose the ball.

LB: Sakib Aytaç - Solid fullback, whose height might be useful in defence.

DM: Cumhur Yılmaztürk - We had him on loan last year, and he was solid enough for me to sign him permanently on a free transfer.

RM: Kenan Özer - One of our best players with great mental attributes and speed.

CM: Sebahattin Usta - The only starter to have come with us all the way.

CM: Cihan Yildiz - I moved him up to central midfield as I feel his defensive vulnerabilities will be less exposed the higher up the pitch he plays.

LM: Halil Tuna - His speed should allow him to get into dangerous positions, which is pretty important in the role he plays for my team.

ST: Fırat Akkaya - Last year he ended the season as backup to Konuk, but he's still the better player, although he is also more inconsistent than his rival.

I don't know if we're strong enough to survive, as I've only been signing Turkish players so far in the save, but we'll give it our best shot. We're predicted dead last and the board only expects me to have the team put up a brave fight against relegation. We also have a lot of money in the bank, and every point we take will go a long way to adding to that, with £386k and £184k prize money for wins and draws respectively.

just caught up on about a weeks worth of updates.

iacovone - well done on almost going up, looks like you have some decent prospects in Pedro Ferreira and Ricardo Martins

Romanista - congrats on the promotion and the fantastic new sponsorship deals and the stadium expansion!

Tecmo - congrats on winning the league!

Virilem - well done on getting promotion from the French National at your first go. alright for some ;)

iacovone - great to see you finally getting that promotion!

Romanista - that's one hell of an injury crisis at GK :D

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 6 -- 2020-21 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao

First Phase |Table | Results[/url]

We cut things fine in the first phase, just about holding onto second place and narrowly ensuring the second half of the season wouldn't be wasted.

Full report here

Promotion Phase | Table |

After last season's flirt with promotion I entered this phase thinking we were weaker than that year's crop but we started promisingly and although we lost to St Eulalia Vizela and Oliveirense we continued picking up valuable wins.

The 3-3 draw in the return game against Olivereirense displayed just the resilient characteristics I felt we would need to get out of this division (down to 10 men after 10 minutes, 2-0 down after 20) and we carried this through to the finale against Gondomar, where we had to avoid defeat to make the playoff.

The actual playoff against Maritimo started dreadfully and we were totally outplayed at home for the most part. Loads of tinkering went on during the game and Dhiego rescued the draw late on, giving me a smidgen of hope for the second leg.

Amazingly we fell behind inside 5 minutes again but when Arilton Ebo equalised moments later I was hopeful. We missed two CCC from there, while we were on top and naturally fell behind, again just minutes after half time. The desperate surge for an equaliser began once more and when all hope looked lost Sergio, an academy product who featured off the bench regularly, tapped in his first goal for the club with five minutes remaining.

And we held on! Unbelievable to go up in such tight circumstances. Away goals, MY WORD.

Squad

There wasn't really a standout performer this season to be honest. Carlos coming in helped shore up the defence but the other three were in and out of form.

Aveiro's pretty much reached his ceiling already and although Brandao is now our record appearance holder I'm not sure if he's good enough in the second division. Neto's actually been the standout but even then he's not been as dominant as last year.

Ebo flitted betwen good and terrible while Paulinho dropped off the radar.

First XI

Ricardo (GK)

Bruno Adriano (DR)

Igor Carvalho (DC)

Daniel Carlos (DC)

Tiago Meneses (D/WB/ML)

---

Joao Aveiro (M/AMR)

Ricardo Brandao (MC) - set an appearance record

Dhiego (MC)

Amaro Neto (ML) - Fans' POTY---

Paulinho (ST)

Arilton Ebo (ST)

Kevin Da Silva (ST) - honourable mention to the club's leading goalscorer at this time. Sad to see him go but there's no way he'll be good enough in the Second Division.

I've kept the first XI on for next year but the squad players will leave, with me only handing out new deals to a few youth-teamers.

Squad Stats

Admin

Finances are looking woeful but we have moved to professional status! HOORAY! It meant that overnight we went from 190 interested players to 2,900! This will have huge implications for our squad building this summer.

Our scouting range has also been improved to allow trips around central Europe.

Picked up the manager of the year award which was delightful!

Best XI

All-time Best XI

Previous Seasons

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 6: 2020/21 Ligue 2

e80d876e36715670d610b290a9eb2acd.png

A relatively poor end to the season saw us win just one of our last 6 games, draw 3 and lose 2, including a terrible last day of the season 5-1 loss to Stade de Reims.

ed9baa98bb51a474aef3670f0e10c1ee.png

In the end we survived with relative comfort finishing 4 points off of 18th place US Avranches. It is worth noting how tight the division is, we could have finished as high as 6th with just 9 more points. We did well to avoid defeat as much as we did, we drew far more games than we lost which helped us stay up in the end.

Transfers

Despite having a decent transfer budget I stuck to free transfers and increased wage budget. We needed to bring a lot of players in for depth as we only had around 12 senior players at the start of the season which was definitely not enough.

Squad pt 1, Squad pt 2=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]

Our squad is okay and has enough quality to at least finish mid-table in Ligue 2 next season. If a couple of players have very good seasons we could very well challenge for promotion next season. Clement Castelli had a good season at CB as did captain Floreal Nivert, Xavier Mercier did well at CAM and new versatile RB Rachid Qasmi looks like a good signing. Samir Kouakbi is our new GK and did alright as did our new 2nd choice ST Nadir Bendahmane and we signed a pretty promising young Argentine Agustin Zanello who is very good but also very slow. Academy players worth a mention in the actual season update of course our top scorer yet again this season, 17 year old Vincent Jardin who stepped up to Ligue 2 scoring 25 goals and 10 assists from 42 games, Abderrahmane Aichour did well as did Ahcene Ziane and Kevin Haller.

Finances=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]

Yeah still really not that great, if anything they're worse with our promotion to Ligue 2 due to our higher budget that has let our wage budget almost triple. I'm hoping at some point we'll get some TV money or increased sponsorship that will significantly help our finances but i'm not sure that this will happen.

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2019/20    National    3rd       7th Round     N/A                 N/A       Promoted to Ligue 2! 
2020/21    Ligue 2    15th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A       N/A

logo.png

Pau FC - Youth Academy

Ahcene Ziane, 20, D/WBRL

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

Season    Division   Appearances  Assists  Goals   MOTM  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   National      31           4       0      0
2018/19   National      37           2       1      2
2019/20   National      33           5       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       37           1       0      0
Total                  138          12       1      2    

International: 
Algeria U20: 4 caps, 1 goals

Summary: Did well making the step up to Ligue 2. Added 2 caps to his Algeria U20 collection and even netted a goal for them.

Kevin Haller, 20, DC/DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=22"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

2017/18   National      12           1       0      0
2018/19   National      39           2       0      0
2019/20   National      26           1       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       35           0       1      1
Total                  112           4       2      2    

Summary: His lack of games compared to last season is only a consequence of him picking up injuries. He had a pretty good season at DM and i'm hoping he can make the step up to Ligue 2 level next season.

Sami Denis, 20, MRC/AMRC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 4 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=24"]End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

2016/17   National       8           1       2      0
2017/18   National      27           2       0      0
2018/19   National      33           5       1      0
2019/20   National      19           1       2      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       25           4       2      0 
Total                  112          13       7      0    

Summary: Still isn't as good as I would like him to be. He saw a lot of game time this season as a result of injury crises at CAM and CM throughout the season. His contract expires in the summer and he is very adamant that he isn't renewing so he may very well have played his last game for us.

Vincent Jardin, 17, AML/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 2 Profile

End of Season 3 Profile

2018/19   National      18           0       4      4
2019/20   National      37           7      31      7
2020/21   Ligue 2       42          10      25      4
Total                   97          17      60     11    

Summary: Another fantastic season. Managed to successfully make the step up to Ligue 2, banging in 25 goals in 42 games in all competitions. He is attracting interest from Ligue 1 FC Nantes and Olympiakos who have the appeal of Champions League football which could well sway him into leaving.

Abderrahmane Aichour, 18, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

2017/18   National      1            0       0      0
2018/19   National     25            2       4      2
2019/20   National     36            2       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2      32            3       6      1
Total                  94            7      10      3    

International:
Algeria U20: 3 caps, 0 goals

Summary: A good season for Aichour, would have played more if he hadn't been injured as much as he was.

Karim Amroune, 19, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=18"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=23"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
2018/19   National      3            0       0      0
2019/20   National     18            1       3      1
2020/21   Ligue 2      25            1       2      1
Total                  48            2       5      2    

International:
Algeria U20: 2 Caps, 0 Goals

Summary: Had somewhat of a breakthrough season as he got more first team football than ever before and became the 3rd member of our Youth Academy to become capped at U20 level for Algeria.

John Tagoe, 19, CAM/ST

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=17"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=27"]End of Season 4 Profile

2017/18   National      13           4       1      0
2018/19   National       8           2       2      0
2019/20   National      15           2       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2        1           1       0      0
Total                   37           9       3      0    

Summary: Barely played and will probably leave next season. I don't have a screenshot of him due to the kerfuffle caused by the screenshot glitch.

Gerard Vincent, DRC/DM, 18

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=15"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=25"]End of Season 2 Profile

End of Season 3 Profile

2018/19   National      4            0       0      0
2019/20   National     21            3       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       7            0       0      0
Total                  32            3       1      1    

Summary: Still on the fringes of the first team despite the promotion to Ligue 2. Will need to kick on a bit to become first team material at this level. Could do with a loan but nobody seems to be interested.

Bastian Bonnel, 16, MC/CAM

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=26"]End of Season 1 Profile

2019/20   National      7            0       1      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       5            1       1      0
Total                  12            1       2      0    

Summary: I gave the technically gifted young CAM a couple of starts in our cup games against lower league sides, during which he scored and became our youngest ever goalscorer in the process. Definitely has the potential to make it at the club one day, with Sami Denis potentially leaving his rise to the first team could come quicker than expected.

Due to the confusion/kerfuffle caused by the recent screenshot bug/issue a lot of screenshots I thought I "had" I actually don't have. So the update isn't as concise and as in-depth as I usually like to do but hopefully by the next one its either fixed or as i'm aware of it I can make sure I get the shots I want.

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2018/19 SEASON REVIEW

EDIT: Just realized that I forgot to put in my manager profile and info. Nothing has really changed...

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

We accomplished our goal of staying alive in Liga Adelante. We weren't outstanding, but we did put in a few impressive or at least very promising performances and never slid into the relegation zone, even though we were rarely too far away from it. We were predicted to finish dead last so I will take our final position as an accomplishment of sorts. We ended the season in place out of 22 and could have done better if we saw out a few of our draws and didn't suffer a few bad runs of form.

Best Eleven:

Goalkeeper

Diego Gutierrez- Our clear first-choice once again, Diego played every match for the club. While he didn't seem to perform quite at the level that he had in previous seasons, that doesn't surprise me much given our recent promotion. He'll remain my #1 for now until I find a good reason to replace him.

Defense

Julio Rivera (DR/DC/DL)- Signed initially for depth reasons (natural at DR and DC, accomplished DL) and his high potential, Rivera saw much time as a substitute and earned most of his starts by complaining about a lack of first-team action (this happened twice over the season). Performed fairly well and could develop into a great player...though I wish he'd be at least a little bit more patient.

Jose Carrillo (DC)- In his third season with the club, Jose played just fine for us. However, I feel like he's largely reached his potential and doesn't appear to be a clear starter going forward.

Unai Bilbao (DC/DL/DR)- Unai has been with the club since my first season when he initially arrived on loan. Unfortunately, while he has always put on solid performances, he seems to be performing at about the same level as he was in the previous division; his match ratings largely remained the same and he didn't show a whole lot of improvement in his attributes. Additionally, he suffered four separate injuries throughout the season. Even if his starting roles are diminished, I'll probably hang on to him due to his durability.

Jose Joaquin Matos (DL)- Also did okay during the season, but was my best option at DL. Possibly could have done better if he wasn't unhappy to begin the season due to my sale of a certain youngster (more on that later). If I can replace him, I will, but it's not urgent.

Midfield

Luis (ML)- Another long-standing servant of the club, I was actually prepared to let Luis go when his contract expired at the end of the season. However, he started performing quite well around February/March, so I offered him another contract. Ended the season with two more goals, one more assist, and a higher match rating by .10 as compared to last season (in the league at least, where he played the same number of games).

Omar (MC)- Appears to be good enough for this level and had an alright season. Biggest concern with him is that it seems he almost always is very tired before the close of a full 90. I'll replace him when I can and, while it's not urgent, it would be nice to not have to almost guarantee taking him off in the second half.

Diego (DMC/MC)- My go-to ball-winning MC in my 4-4-2, Diego had another good season, showing positive attribute development and delivering a few beautiful set-pieces. It helps a lot that he's a natural DM who is also very capable at DC. He's definitely one that I want to keep around.

Fabio Gaucho (MR/AMR/AMC/MC/ML)- Brought in after an agent offer and subsequent trial, this is one of my promising signings thus far. Either footed, durable, and with a solid season under his belt, I cannot wait to see what's next with him. Don't let the screen fool you, either; Gaucho largely improved his attributes over the year.

Forwards

Santiago- Originally my third-choice striker, Santiago saw many games largely due to injury woes for my old poacher, Gorka Laborda. He did fairly well and most of his goals came in the latter part of the season. Given Laborda's injury issues and decline in attributes over the season, Santiago could see much more of the first team next year if another striker is not brought in.

Inaki Altamira (Fans' Player of the Year)- Given my love for target men and how much I love this player, I was so happy to finally go to a league where I can assign numbers and therefore hand Altamira the number nine shirt. This year, he played almost every match for us and, while he (unsurprisingly) didn't come off as dominant at this level, he still scored a very healthy 19 goals in 43 appearances (all competitions). Led the team in goals and overall match rating and was (rightfully) voted the Fans' Player of the year.

COPA DEL REY

Won't lie about this one: the board didn't care much about the competition, so I holidayed both of these matches. They were happy that we reached the third round, though. While I didn't manage these games, it's nice to see my team can win in extra time and move on to lose on penalties...especially when both of our opponents were stronger teams in our current division. Perhaps next year I'll actually play the Copa matches, even if for no other reason than to give some of my non-regulars a shot at competitive play.

TRANSFERS

Another profit on the transfer market, and now, with our ability to scout Europe and increased reputation, I was able to bring in lots of promising youngsters either offered to me by agents (in the case of non-Euro players I brought some in on trial just to see, and a few were signed) or spotted by my scouts who can now roam. A few notables (unless already mentioned above):

Petar Dimitrov (ML/AML)- Offered by his agent and signed after a trial in march, the Bulgarian is highly rated by my scouts. Showed improvement in training and was given some minutes after we'd already mathematically secured promotion.

Iker Undabarrena (MC)- I'll admit; I may have signed him primarily because his name is familiar being an Athletic fan. Did okay for us, but not as good as my scouts suggested. Also showed slight decline in attributes.

Ryan Fisher (MR/AMR)- Might have seen more games if not for the rise of Gaucho, the former Mansfield and Derby trainee did see some sporadic time with the first-team. Seems to have some good attributes in key places, let's see how he develops. Can he change the perception of Englishmen in foreign leagues?

Tome Halme (DC)- A Finn who began with no club, Halme is another agent offer turned trialist turned signing. I began him in the youth team and he continually performed badly in training. After survival was assured, he got a few first-team games and continued his slow decline. Hopefully he can adjust and reach his (what seems to be) excellent potential.

NEWGENS UPDATE

I finally have a player indigenous to my youth system who has a decent rating from my scouts:

Endika Zubillaga (AMC/AMR/AML/MC)- A player who seems to have decent utility, some nice attributes, and is highly rated by my scouts, but I don't know where he might find games because of my depth of youngsters and because I do not play with attacking midfielders. Any suggestions as to where to put him and/or retrain him so he might see some action?

FINANCES

Overall, we made a profit this year and finally have a bank balance not in the red. On the other hand, the board took out another loan to expand our ground's capacity to comply with regulations. Also, I had (slightly) spent over the wage budget this past year but, with our club becoming profitable, I expect budgets to improve and this to no longer be an issue.

Still hoping for more sponsors....

GOALS FOR 2019/20

- DEVELOP: I have so many young players. I'll be watching them all quite closely.

- TRIM THE FAT: I have a few players leaving when their contracts expire and that's fine, but at this point only a few of my brightest starlets are safe and I may dump off a few players over the course of the coming season. In the same vein...

- HOLD ON TIGHT: I have a few youngsters who have either proven themselves in the first team or whose development I am too interested in to let go just yet (you can probably guess a few of them). I will do what I can to hold on to them.

- CONSOLIDATE: I'm personally shooting for a mid-table finish next year. It seems doable especially if I can improve in just a few positions and my kids continue their positive growth.

Congratulations on promotion iacovone and the best of luck in the next tier up, how do you feel about your chances of survival?

Both good solid seasons after promotion there PaulHartman71 and ArranoBeltza, hopefully you can both build on it next year! Also Jardin looks to be turning into a very good goalscorer, 25 in a season at 17!! He might be very difficult to keep hold of if he keeps going like that.

Not going too well so far in the Super League, 7 defeats in 7 atm. Not helped of course by the goalkeeper injury crisis. Luckily we got two very easy draws in the cup, which has seen us qualify for the Group Stage and means that I am at least meeting the board's expectations there.

Hopefully we can pick up some points in the league sometime soon.

Archived