FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

736a3b4bba81143bc761f568e69d8a42.png

Very saddening to see him leaving especially after he made the step up to Ligue 2 so comfortably, but a 17 year old scoring 25 goals in a season is always going to attract some attention and despite dismissing interest from Ligue 1 FC Nantes, when Olympiakos showed interest it was the Champions League that understandably turned Jardin's head and with his contract expiring in the summer it seemed to make sense to sell him and make £1.1M which will potentially rise to £2.1M after appearances and goals, rather then risking him becoming unhappy and leaving for nothing in the summer. I also managed to put in a 50 percent of next transfer fee in there, so if all goes well and he becomes a success story at Olympiakos and they sell him on then we can profit even more from the deal.

8ec944ce2136c36558dd480770b75f6b.png

Some good news though as our season ticket sales have more than doubled from last season, they were worrying low last season and considerably worse than anyone else in Ligue 2. Whilst they are still pretty poor hopefully they can keep on increasing as we spend more time in Ligue 2 as I believe with the transfers I've made after securing some funds by selling Jardin, we should be more than capable of staying up. Even managed to get in a 33 year old Nolan Roux :cool:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations on promotion iacovone and the best of luck in the next tier up, how do you feel about your chances of survival?

I feel relatively confident. For a start there's 46 games in a 24 team division. There's three of us new to the division and turning pro has helped us out so much, my squad looks amazing in comparison to last year. I can pretty much only see 2 or 3 players from last year in with a chance of the starting XI so that's great.

Also the two strikers I've signed are gonna be monsters at this level. Will be screenshots in my next update (probably over the weekend).

Iacovone - Well done on finally achieving promotion. Really happy for you. Talk about cutting it fine though! not quite sure what you’re going to do being able to scout all those players!

Romanista1994 - that’s some tough luck there with the keeper injuries!

paulHartman71 - tough end to the season but the objective of survival was achieved and that’s not to be underestimated. It was a great season for Jardin and I’m not surprised the big boys came circling. Hopefully you’ll earn more money down the line.

ArranoBeltza - well done on surviving. I do like the look of Altamira as a striker. Hopefully you’ll get plenty more seasons from him.

d798f1b6d3ca389e671a9f9662eef7e0.png

A quick look at the transfers I have made following Vincent Jardin's departure to Olympiakos. The first thing to address was of course actually replacing Vincent Jardin, I got in a number of strikers on trials and through doing so discovered that pretty much all of the remaining strikers at the club weren't really that good. As a result of this I actually brought in 3 strikers over the summer, 2 on free transfers and 1 of them I actually paid money for! Mamadou Sambague joined us for £40K following US Avranches relegation, last season Sambague got 18 goals in 29 games at the same level as we are, so hopefully he can repeat this feat again for us. He hasn't exactly been on fire in his first 9 games for us, but he's still got 2 goals in 9 games and 4 assists, showing he has more to his game than just goals - there's certainly more to come from him.

I got in a few CAM's on trial as I needed one as back-up/rotation to Xavier Mercier, however it turned out I found 2 players that were significantly better than him. One of which Sunday Mba I wont show just yet as he's mainly a rotation option, but new first choice CAM is 19 year old Moussa Diallo who has some very nice technical attributes. I've got in a few new CB's to add depth as despite my two CB's having a good season last year they're not really thaaat good and Basilua and Monfay are both probably going to be first team throughout the season, again I don't have screenshots of them as don't feel showing off CBs at this stage of the season is that exciting. Fode Koita and Nolan Roux were both signed on free transfers to battle it out for a place in the first team at ST, at the moment Roux is edging it.

I'll get the main negative out of the way first as once again we've crashed out of the Coupe de la Ligue at the first hurdle, a disappointing 4-2 home loss to LEMANS FC, we'll try again next year! However in the league we've got off to a fantastic start despite not really actually looking all that good at all :D We were terrible at Bastia on the first day of the season, never really looked like getting anything from it when Sambague popped up with an 85th minute equalizer. Against Dijon again we didn't look all that good, went behind to an early goal and even with Moussa Diallo's 65th minute equalizer we were still getting dominated and I expected us to concede and lose when substitute Nolan Roux got on the end of an 89th minute cross to give us our first win of the season! In our games with OGC Nice and Chamois Niortais we were very poor, struggled to keep possession and never really looked like scoring, OGC Nice especially were so unlucky not to win as they had a ridiculous amount of chances, it wasn't even one of those games where your GK puts in a 10 out of 10 performance to give you the points, they just bottled their chances even missing an 80th minute penalty to give them the win.

Against Tours it looked like a similar story, we went behind to an early goal and looked absolutely terrible until Fode Koita headed in from a corner in the 88th minute to give us what looked like a late equalizer. Yet Sunday Mba had other ideas as the substitute netted a 94th minute winner to send our few away fans absolutely mad. We went 1-0 down EA Guingamp very early on and it seemed at times in the first half that we wouldn't score unless we were given a penalty, thankfully we were given a penalty in the 28th minute and Sambague obliged by putting us level. It looked for most of the second half that we would come away with a point, until the 83rd minute when Nolan Roux put us 2-1 up, we were hanging on and hanging on until Xavier Mercier scored in the 93rd minute to confirm yet another comeback win.

At home to CS Sedan Ardenne, who its worth noting before this game we'd lost on all 4 occasions we'd played them in the French National. Our first Ligue 2 meeting and it looked like a similar pattern would repeat itself, at half-time we sat 2-0 down and could easily have been 3 or 4 down. Again it looked like we wouldn't score unless we got a penalty, luckily again, we got one and in the 61st minute Fode Koita got one back from the spot. In our previous game Xavier Mercier popped up with a goal in the 93rd minute, this time he popped up in the 91st minute to bring us level and I was glad to steal a point from the old National enemy. However there was more drama to be had as in the 94th minute Moussa Diallo smashed one in from a scramble during a corner to gift us a magical 3 points! Our latest game against US Orleans had considerably less late drama, but still despite being 1-0 down at half-time, Nolan Roux equalized, this time as early as the 70th minute to give us a point.

f3820b8e43d25e8230951a041c1c4642.png

c27565c08e3e7d09e5dc0f377167c9ad.png

So yeah i'm really confused as to how good the squad is/how well we're actually playing. Of course looking at our results we're in absolutely fantastic form and are actually level on points with the league leaders, only 2nd place by goal difference which is amazing considering its just our 2nd season in Ligue 2. But pretty much all of our points and wins have come from late heroics almost all the time completely against the run of play. I know the saying is that to win ugly is the sign of a good team, but this is something else and is really not good for my health :D

Piacenza Calcio 1919

mMGWKoo.jpg

Piacenza - 2018/19 - Italian Serie A

Squad | Table | Transfers | Finances

Final position: 20th - Relegation

Coppa Italia: 3rd Qual Rnd loss to Verona, 1-4 away

Best result: 3-0 away win against Parma

Worst result: 0-5 away loss to Cagliari

Top goalscorer: Bira, 9 (9 in the league)

Most assists: Frederico Ricci, 9 (9 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Bira, 7.22(7.22 in the league)

2018/19 Quick takes:

- Just horrible. I think this might be the worst season I've had in FM ever.

- At least our finances benefitted from the trip in the top-tier

- Also we've completely revamped our staff, helping our world knowledge as well.

Players of the season:

M C | Radja Nainggolan | Put in some great performances. Inconsistent though.

M C | Tommasso Arrigoni | Finally someone knocked off Della Penna. For now...

ST | Bira | Singledhandedly kept us alive in many games.

2018/19 Quick takes:

- After struggling to find consistency tactically we need to find an offensive tactic.

- Our squad should be good enough for a quick bounce back

- We'll be looking for youngsters to supplement our current squad.

Unlucky getting relegated Muggert, at least now you will have significant financial backing to hopefully go straight back up! How do you feel about going striaght back to Serie A

Looks like you've had a busy summer of transfers there PaulHartman71, how is everyone settling in? Hopefully your team can start getting some more goals outside of 'Fergie time' if only for the good of your health :p.

11d6fe93405cdaea9c9dac814980ad82.png

It looked like we'd run our luck and that our early form was a fluke as we lost 3 in a row to begin this stretch of games, however we bounced back and got 2 consecutive 3-2 wins over AS Nancy-Lorraine and Stade de Reims respectively. We followed this up with a 3-1 loss to LEMANS FC, but then managed to win 2-0 twice in a row, including away to Valenciennes in the French Cup. In our latest game we drew 2-2 with Creteil which was disappointing considering we were 2-0 up at half-time.

6f1cf57e131d4c875b2dc22d31fd8571.png

An inconsistent month but a few good wins have seen us remain as high as 5th place, still only 2 points off of the last promotion place. I think our next 8 games will give us a better indication of what level we're at this season and whether we are actually good enough to challenge for promotion already.

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2016/2017 Season Preview

Transfer History

I think we filled in the holes we wanted pretty well and without costing too much.

GK Yavuz Ozkan - The one transfer we actually paid for, a sum of 23K to Fatih Karagumrukspor, a team relegated from the League 2 White Group after last season. Don't think the relegation was his fault though as his team only managed 25 goals in 34 games. 31, looks like an upgrade from last year's goalkeeper if he stays healthy.

LB Andrade - My one non-Turkic foreigner transfer. A 24 year old Argentinian signed on a free from Bucaspor, I don't think he was allowed to play with them last year in League 2 given his foreign status. Excellent overall skills, should make a great wingback at this level.

CB Fatih Gultekin - One of the best center backs in League 2 last year, hoping he can make the step up successfully.

CB Ahmet Ozcan - Another foreigner, this a 21 year old Swiss defender from Super League side Kayserispor, attributes pretty much look like a younger version of Fatih. I'd take that.

RB Onur Arikan - Returns at right fullback, I play him in a more limited support role. Did fine last season, my coaches seem skeptical about his ability to play at this level.

DM Huseyin Avcu - Our defensive rock and now our vice-captain, the one player our staff thinks will be a decent Super League player eventually.

ML Orhun Ozturk - I use him as a wide midfielder in support generally, basically helping to control the game without getting too creative.

CM Baris Ustun - My best attacker in the middle, I used him as a Central Midfielder on attack duty last year but I'm thinking I'll make him an Advanced Playmaker on attack this year to take advantage of his passing and vision.

CM Emre Yuksektepe - Led League 2 in passing completion % last year but only 2 assists and 1 goal, so I'm a bit skeptical about his value. Going to play him as a Deep Lying Playmaker in support, tell him to try some risky passes, see what happens.

MR Sefer Sever - Our captain and star, I had to bump up his contract during the offseason to keep him happy. Hoping he can keep producing at this level.

ST Yilmaz Taskiran - Was remarkably productive when given the chance last year with 21 goals in 28 appearances. Don't know if he can keep it up but he did score 2 goals against Super League side Kayseri Erciyesspor in a preseason friendly.

MC Yasin Yener - He's going to rotate with my other midfielders and step up to AMC if I decide to go strikerless. I'm intrigued by the idea of using him as a central winger. I'll be thrilled if I get last year's production out of him again. My staff doesn't like him at this level.

ST Vakhyt Orazsakhedov - My striker to push Yilmaz and my one international player, Vakhyt plays for the Turkmenistan national team, having scored 6 goals in 16 caps. Rating wise he's better than Yilmaz and he's being paid 6 times as much despite accepting a role as a backup. I like bringing in these players from small nations, hopefully I can find more from the area. Vakhyt played in Russia and Moldova before coming to Turkey last year to play (well, sit on the bench) for League 1 side Osmanlispor.

We're able to scout all of Europe now and the board agreed to improve our youth facilities so that will be done in November. I think this season will be a fight for survival. We're pretty much bottom half in ever rating, absolute bottom in many. 40-1 odds to win the title, worst in the league. If nothing else, I have plenty of money available to strengthen the team during the winter transfer window if necessary.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Pre-Season 2021-22 |

Segunda Liga

| Transfers[/url] |

With almost 3000 players interested in a move to Machico now, it meant for a busy summer. Firstly I stepped in and grabbed a host of new staff members, including three new scouts. Their reports were vital in my transfer strategy, and Sapalo came in almost entirely on the basis of one recommendation (trial then signed)

The two keepers I signed are big improvements on what we had but in terms of the divisional standard, maybe not that great. We'll see.

Pereira and Goncalves will compete at left back, while some of you may remember Claudio Martins. I've managed to get him on loan for the season and he'll be our best CB I reckon.

In midfield Sapalo will be our playmaker, while Aldair should give us some penetration from wide.

Then we have the frontmen. Sarkic is waaaaaaay too good for us, while Figueira should compliment him nicely as the spearhead. If we keep those two fit we should be just fine this year :)

Augusto Rodrigues (GK)

Andre Silva (GK)

Ruben Pereira (D/LR)

Goncalves (DLC)

Claudio Martins (DC)

Sapalo (MC)

Aldair (M/AM/LR)

Oliver Sarkic (AMC/ST)

Pedro Figueira (AMR/ST)

We also eclipsed our season ticket record as the fans flock to see the mighty Machico

ScreenShot2014-12-19at123148_zps077637fa.png

ArranoBeltza - Good first season in the Liga Adelante.

Paul - Sad to see Jardin leave, but you have plenty of other homegrown prospects to develop into the next star. Very jealous.

Muggert - Serie A is tough, but you'll now be the financial heavyweight in Serie B, so you can strengthen in preparation for the next time you go up.

iacovone - Nice to see the difference in quality you're able to attract now you've been promoted. I expected Sarkic to be in his mid-thirties when you said he's way above your level, so his age was a pleasant surprise.

Tecmo - Nice to see you keep the core of last year's team. Hope you do well in the PTT1.

I've decided to move away from only signing Turkish players in my own save now, and Cameroonian youth international Jules Ebwelle will be the first foreigner to join us in my tenure as manager. He was offered by his agent, and a trial quickly showed that he is already way above the level of most of my team at the young age of 20. His wage demands weren't too unreasonable (managed to get him down to £2.5k per week), but his agent did insist on a relegation release clause and a general release clause of £1M and £1.5M respectively. Additionally, he should have room to improve, which he might well do with his resolute personality. The only negative in his reports is that he doesn't enjoy big matches, but his ability should see him through regardless of that minor weakness.

I think results in the Super League have showed me that there is no chance for us to be competitive at the top level (4 points in 11 and 18th is not good enough, and we're probably going down) if we don't expand our horizons, so for now I think I'm going to amend my policy to only signing foreigners on free transfers (possibly only those offered by agents, but we'll see) and no restrictions on Turkish players. I do want to keep a strong core of Turkish players, but with the rules in place in the league we'll be doing so anyway.

Edit: Make that 5 points! We drew 2-2 against none other than Fenerbahçe! Konuk scored both goals, and Aksu assisted one! Woo!

Edit Edit: New record attendance in that match, up by 23,000 from the previous record (also a new gate receipt record £120k up from £12k previously). The perks of groundsharing with a team that owns a 33,000 all-seater stadium. :D

Grabbed one more interesting player on the last day of transfers.

GK Romain Carre - 21 year old keeper from FC Nantes in France, snatched him up when his agent offered him. Not sure how this will work out as he speaks French and the only other person on my team that does is Ozcan, our on loan defender from Switzerland. He's being mentored by our starting goalkeeper and coached by a goalkeeper coach who both speak only Turkish. Fantastic ratings for this level except for a lack of anticipation. I figure he's a low risk for what we're paying him and a step up from what I had as a backup. We'll give him a run in the Turkish Cup and see how he does.

9365f7596a2312926005beb20d2b1139.png

Not the greatest run of games - 2 league wins from 8, with 2 draws and 6 losses. Also went out of the French Cup in the 9th round yet again getting a terribly unlucky draw with Marseille away, pity with it not being at home is that we didn't even really pocket any money from it. Biggest disappointment from this run of games is we haven't been scoring that many which is something we were pretty good at last season, losing a consistent scorer in Jardin has hurt us despite Fode Koita and Mamadou Sambague both being decent strikers that pop up with goals sometimes.

3d9658554a025d7e1a344858841752d8.png

Dropped off the promotion places but still comfortably mid-table.

cbd5472a640562f22be01428b2645589.png

A decent youth intake but I doubt any of them aside from Josh Darrieux have a chance of making it. Jean Fofana looks kinda average and I actually already have a 16 year old German left back (offered to be by his agent, not from the academy) who is meant to be proper good and will easily get games over this guy. Mallory Parra probabaly wont make it either, he's got some nice stats here and there but I especially don't like that 1 finishing stat, the 3 concentration or the 5 team work.

USConcarneau.jpg

Union Sportive Concarneau

Ligue 2

Season 2: 2016/17 Review

Competitions

Overview

Ligue 2

|

We've managed to stay up in our first season which is great news! Especially since the media predicted us to finish dead last. However we had a very up and down season, starting off our first four games undefeated with three wins and a draw we then went on to lose our next seven. Luckily after that we had a good patch of form which helped get us into the safe position in which we finished the season. We had quite a few games where we threw away our leads, so if I can prevent those kind of games occurring as often next season I think we could achieve a comfortable mid-table position which we would be able to build off in future seasons.

French Cup

A very disappointing effort in the French Cup this season. A poor performance against a team we should have easily beaten meant we were knocked out in only the eighth round.

Coupe de la Ligue

Knocked out in our first ever game in the Coupe de la Ligue. We had a disastrous game. Started strongly with a goal in the second minute, then had a player sent off in the 17th minute and it was all downhill from there. Hopefully we can put in a better performance next season.

Players

Transfers | Squad | Best XI

Player of the Year

Jérémy Drouglazet

After being runner-up in the award last year, Drouglazet continued his form with another solid season despite the step-up to Ligue 2. Always one of the first picks in the midfield and bagged himself four goals this season as well as six assists. Although he did lack some discipline this season picking up seven yellow cards, but so did a lot of the squad. Hopefully he will continue to carry this good form into future seasons.

Runner-up

Third Place

Transfer of the Year

Frederik Lauenborg

Lauenborg was a bit of a surprise purchase this season. I originally bought him as a backup player, but his form during the season was solid enough to earn himself a start in 33 games this season. He was our second best midfielder in terms of performance behind Drouglazet.

Stat Toppers

Top Goalscorer
-
(19)

Most Assists
-
(7)

Player of the Match
-
(5)

Average Rating
-
(7.05)

Admin

Club Information | Finances | Facilities | Manager Profile

We are very stable financially since our promotion to Ligue 2, just as I expected we would be. We made £1.6m profit, largely thanks to the £3.6m of income from TV revenue. Relegation would clearly be a big problem, but I don't expect that we'll get relegated now that we have survived our first season.

Our stadium construction was delayed by three months and so we won't get into it until October. This isn't really a big deal though since we're not even close to selling out our current stadium anyway with our average attendance percent only 17%.

During the season my manager completed a National C Licence in coaching, and now is studying for a National B Licence.

Career

h80FeqV.png

Nuova_Cosenza_Calcio_zps3c7640df.png

Nuova Cosenza - Season 2033-34

Super Cup

Juve's again.

Cosenza 1-2 Juventus

Italian Cup

With the Cup not being a priority, rotated squads tended to be used. Goals from Gioele Corradini and a penalty from Alen Puljic got us past Nocerina in the first round, and the Croatian got us through the quarter final against Juventus, striking in the 70th second match, despite a Juve penalty which Marley Wallace managed to turn away from the goal. Iyo Panayotov and Peter Cech got us two goals in the first leg away to Atalanta, but we started the second leg poorly, falling three behind. With Atalanta looking in control of the tie, Libis Romana broke through to equalise, and Panayotov scored a free-kick to put us through to the final. Alain Serre gave us an early lead, but Roma equalised, and managed to get a winner in extra time, to leave us runners-up.

Cosenza 2-1 Nocerina

Cosenza 1-0 Juventus

Atalanta 3-4 Cosenza

Cosenza 1-2 Roma AET

UEFA Champions League

Target: First Knockout Round

The draw stuck us up against the Belarussian champions BATE, the Scottish runners-up Celtic and a second consecutive year against Barcelona. BATE were first up, and Maddox gave us an early lead with a shot from the edge of the area, before Emanuel Deiana scored two penalties to give us a three goal lead at the break. We got complacent at the back in the second half, but managed to survive with the win. Events at the Nou Camp proved less positive, with poor defending leaving us 4 down at half time. Chris Hancock and Frane Gabric did manage to get a couple of conciliation goals, but the result was clear.

Better was to come as we returned to Italy to play Celtic. Panayotov opened the scoring after just six minutes, and Deiana double the advantage 12 minutes later. Cela headed in a third before Onana ran from the half-way line to make it 4. Serre scored a fifth with a free-kick, and a long ball fell to the feet of Maddox for a sixth. The return fixture in Glasgow was a more even affair, but another Cela header and a goal from Frane Gabric gave us the win.

Qualification was confirmed with another big win, this time in Belarus. Panayotov got it started again, finishing a cross after 7 minuites, before Deiana headed in off a corner in the 14th minute. Iyo got a second goal before half-time, and although BATE managed to pull one back, Deiana and Gabric got us two second half goals to confirm the result. In the final match, Gabric got us an early lead, but Barca got an equaliser before securing the points with a late free-kick.

The draw gave us Atletico Madrid in the knock-outs, with Steven Klose returning to San Vito a decade after leaving us. Hancock gave us a quick lead on the counter-attack, but an awful backpass from Edmond Cela allowed Atletico to equalise. Maddox managed to grab us a winner early in the second half, and we took an advantage to Spain. However, Atletico managed to get two goals, one a controversial penalty, and it looked like we were going out. In the 94th minute however, with everyone up for a corner, Markus Hamann headed in an equaliser. We held out to penalties, but Ricardo Monteiro was the only one of the 10 to have his penalty saved, knocking us out.

Group D: Cosenza 3-2 BATE | Barcelona 4-2 Cosenza | Cosenza 6-1 Celtic | Celtic 0-2 Cosenza | BATE 1-5 Cosenza | Cosenza 1-2 Barcelona

Cosenza 3-3 At. Madrid (At. Madrid won 5-4 on penalties)

Serie A

Target: UEFA Champions League

The main problem this season was striking, with lengthy goal droughts and injury damaging our chances. Frane Gabric and Zach Maddox both got their last goals of the season in February, Ricardo Monteiro did not strike between November and April, and Deiana was goalless from mid January to mid March. With such difficulties getting the ball over the line, we were unable to mount a serious challenge to Juve, finishing the season in second place.

Table | Graph | Fixtures

Squad

Transfers

Team of the Season

GK 13 Hassan Olaleye (GER) - Strong goalkeeping performances saw him rewarded with Team of the Year and Goalkeeper of the Year

DR 22 Emanuele Ferrigno (ITA) - Looking strong at right-back

DC 4 Markus Hamann (GER) - First Cosenza player to make the Ballon d'Or longlist, strong defensive performances earned him a place on the Team of the Year and won him Defender of the Year and Cosenza Fans Player of the Year

DC 5 Edmond Cela (ALB) - Good defensive partnership with Markus

DL 3 Nahuel Sanchez (ARG) - Played well at left-back

MR 16 Chris Hancock (ENG) - Good debut season for the new signing, bagging five goals

MC 6 Michel Onana (CAM) - Regular in the midfield, looking strong

MC 7 Jan Meisel (DEN) - Injuries made him miss a chunk of the season, but he looked good when he played.

ML 8 Alain Serre (FRA) - Improved season from the Frenchman, one of our best players and named in the Team of the Year

ST 9 Emmanuel Deiana (FRA) - 27 goals for the young French-Qatari, earning him Young Player of the Year and Cosenza Top Goalscorer.

ST 10 Zach Maddox (ITA) - England's failure to call him up saw him switch nationality, and it took advantage of that to win Italian Player of the Year

S GK 1 Marley Wallace (BRA) - Cup keeper

S DR 2 Peter Cech (SVK) - Provides experience in defence and midfield.

S MC 18 Ivo Panayotov (BUL) - Useful in the midfield

S DL 12 Vinko Bago (CRO) - Good as a back-up to Sanchez

S ST 19 Frane Gabric (CRO) - Club captain, grabbed nine goals

S DC 20 Frank Rossl (GER) - Disappointed season from the new signing, made some errors and ended up being replaced as first back-up by youngster Jose Molina.

S ST 15 Ricardo Monteiro (POR) - Fourth choice striker.

Best XI: Wallace, Cech, Roberto, Cela, Toth, Luperini, Agaliotis, Meisel, Facchinetti, Yaran, Gabric

Subs: Trini, Solini, Gomez, Maddox, Oddi, Kraus, Gillespie

Me

Club

Good season Virilem, never easy to be consistent in the first year at a higher level.

And nice to see some FM14 updates still, GwilymJJames, hopefully you can push on to completion over the next few seasons.

Romanista - Ebwelle is amazing! What a signing

Yeah, I'm really happy with him, he's easily our best player in terms of ability. He got an assist in his very first game, and has been pretty solid if unspectacular since. Hopefully he'll stay with us next season even if we go down, as he should absolutely destroy that league.

dfs_wl_d_elversberg_sv.gif

Elversberg

Season 2019/20

Manager Profile

The League

Table - Fixtures I - Fixtures II

On the whole it was a good season, I expected to improve on last seasons 10th place finish and we did finishing 6th. Even though I am happy with this I know it could have been better, we picked up just 4 points from our last 5 games in the league and they were for the most part against clubs around us so a few wins there would have moved us up in the league to 4th or maybe into the play-off spot in 3rd, but as I said on the whole a lot of positives to be taken.

German Cup

Fixtures

We won our first round tie comfortably 4-0 before meeting Borussia Monchengladbach for our seemingly annual cup tie (this is the 4th time in 4 years we have met them) and lost 2-1 in a game we really should have taken more from.

The Squad

Squad

Everyone played really well this year and the new signings bedded in really well but a few stand out players were.

Kevin Ritchie - Even at only 19 this guy looks like he could be a player who is around for a long time to come, he played all but 6 games in the league this year with an average rating of 7.14. This form got his first call-up with the Scottish national team although he was an unused sub I expect him to go on to be their starting right back in the coming seasons, as he is still improving and has time on his side. One of my main concerns with him is keeping other teams away as he is attracting a number or Bundesliga teams but i've recently got him to sign a new long term contract so that should act as some kind of deterrent.

Sinan Keskin - I brought him in on a free just after the transfer window closed. he is an ex Ajax player with some really good technical attributes, he played most of his games at AMC and linked the midfield and attack together nicely with 8 assists and 4 goals for the season, Hopefully he will get some better numbers next year as I will be looking to bring in a few better midfielders.

Choi Hyun-Ki - He came in to rotate in the striker postilion with Farid Abderrahmane, but with the departure of the latter in the January window he was propelled into the starting XI as our new first choice and he did really well after a shaky start scoring 13 and assisting 6 in his first year at the club. He will only improve too with him being only 21.

Transfers

Transfer History

Of the players coming in you have seen the best in Sinan Keskin and Choi Hyun-Ki and going out the only things to mention are Marco Pardo went out on loan to Colo Colo to get some first team football that he just wasn't going to get here this season but he looks to have come on alot this year and might find himself a place in the squad next season. The other notable player leaving was Farid Abderrahmane who left for Dresden for £1m, at the time he left he had scored 10 goals in the first 15 games and was keeping Choi Hyun-Ki out of the team but Dresden came in with a bid on the last day of the January window and the money was too good to turn down given the financial position of the club at the moment, I am quite happy to say he has gone on to score just once in 11 games for Dresden.

Finances

Finances

We got £5.675m for our 6th place finish in the league which once again covered any losses from the season and left us with just over £1m in the bank, our wage budget for next season is the same os it was for this at £92k p/w and we have £150k to spend but I think I'll just put all of this into wages and look to bring in a few free transfers.

The Future

We already have a few players leaving with Marius Wolf, Andreas Geipl and Malte Berauer leaving for either very little money of nothing but all have 50% of next transfer fee clauses which means I should see some more money from the at some point in the future. They are all going because wither they weren't seeing enough football to justify their wages or in the case of Geipl they just didn't justify their wages at all, he had somehow ended up earning £7.5k p/w as a player who was at best rotation (I'll be keeping a closer eye on contracts in the future).

Next season hopefully we can compete for a top 3 finish and maybe even look to get promoted, I honestly thing with a few additions I will have a squad that is more than capable of this.

I have also got the board to agree to send me away to get my National A Licence which is good and FM admitted it was wrong by rescinding a red card one of my players got 24 seconds into a game, the first time I have ever seen a successful appeal!!

6dce312ad4399457d2e57ed9f86a4173.png

Looking at it, 2 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss isn't all that bad of a run of form, but FIVE games without scoring a single goal ffs?!

feb1e5c0007d829a80030f814b88cd2e.png

With 6 games to go this leaves us in 9th place. We should do better than our 15th place finish last season and it is definitely a gradual improvement, but its so frustrating how we could be properly challenging for promotion if we turned some of these 0-0's into 1 or 2-0 wins especially with some of the chances we get. Definitely lacking a consistent scorer and will look to get a new striker in next season.

Just reached the halfway mark of the 2019-2020 season.

halfway_zps5f9198ae.jpg

Oh boy, everything is very close. Expected to finish dead last (again), we currently sit in a very respectable 10th place. Six points set us apart from 19th place and relegation, while six points also separate us from a sixth-place finish and therefore a relegation spot. Also worth mentioning: we're 5-3-0-9 results away from having the catchiest performance on the table.

Transfer-wise, I once again brought in more newgens but also grabbed a couple of veterans after very poor performances at the season's opening (specifics will come at my end-of-season update). Meanwhile, a few youngsters are out on loan and my boy Inaki Altamira is currently leading the league in scoring. Financially, we're back to the red which I blame on three main things:

1) Yet another loan taken out, increasing our debt to $4.9mil. Annoying but, unfortunately, necessary to comply with stadium regulations for Liga Adelante.

2) We're currently sharing our stadium with Eibar. While attendance is okay, I expect it to go up once we move back to La Florida; last season while playing at San Mames during rennovation we were averaging around 1,500 fans per game, but that went up to about 2,200 when we moved back. Right now we're averaging 1,519 in attendance and I assume we'll see a similar uptick when we return to La Florida (which will be at a new 6,000 capacity) in late March.

3) Our sponsorship was signed back when we were still a very low-reputation team, and it's expiring this year. Given our increased stature, I fully expect a better sponsorship at season's end (hopefully two or more).

Well....back to it!

EDIT: Played a couple more matches, still doing fine. And then....I received this message

Got back from the store. Haven't even cracked my champagne yet before I asked my new sugar daddy for more Hanukkah gifts:

youthfacilitiesupgrade_zpsf0c36bf9.jpg

trainingfacilitiesupgrade_zpsf88586f7.jpg

Also, my new chairman is Lithuanian so hopefully we don't end up like Heart of Midlothian.

Well it looks like you won't have to worry about your new board taking out loans to expand the stadium when you go up again ArranoBeltza :p

You're right- my days of worry are gone (for now).

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 6) - 2020/2021

League Table

LeagueTAble.png

Personally, I think we had a very solid first season, finishing in a respectable mid table position of 10th with a goal difference of 0! Looking at our goals scored and conceded we probably deserved to finish mid table, further to this, we weren’t able to finish many games off so drew a grand total of 10 games! If we can win a few of those games we drew, we may have a chance of sneaking further up the table, however, despite all that, the 3 teams to get promoted were regular top division teams anyway.

Transfers

Transfers-3.png

Transfers In - I signed Emrah Aslan who was my only target from the season before on a free transfer and a few other players returned back to us for another season on loan, while others were loaned in to strengthen the squad depth.

Transfers Out - Nothing special here, just got a new affiliate club who I sent out a number of young players.

Squad

squad-3.png

Decent performances all round, although some players struggled to make the step up into the stronger division and will have to be let go and some will not be coming back on loan.

Player of the Season - Onur Yazici - Despite only being 21, he's a veteran at the club and enjoyed his best season in his four seasons at the club, contributed to the team with 14 goals and 14 assists in 37 games.

Team Report - We're once again a very young team who score mostly within the first 15 minutes, but can't keep our concentration and concede mainly in the last 15 minutes, we're also the strongest but the laziest!

Turkish Cup

TurkishCup-2.png

I actually managed to get into the group stages which brought in a great amount of money, but in the end I finished 3rd which was a deserved result, the highlight was beating the Super League team 4-2 away but the low point was losing to a team in a division below us at home 3-2.

Finances

Finances.png

Another strong financial season, which isn’t that difficult in the higher divisions in Turkey! The finances would be higher but I am currently increasing every and any facility I can!

Next Season

Strengthen our position in the league and aim for another spot in the group stages of the Cup.

ArranoBeltza - That takeover certainly adds an interesting twist to your story!

IOA - Good first season at that level. Digging the feeder club choice as well. :cool:

I finished my 4th season, btw, and should have the report up later tonight or tomorrow. Ended up getting relegated with two games to go, but our finances got a massive boost from playing in the Super League and hit a high of £7.71M. Our initial transfer budget for next season has been set at £4M, and I'm hoping to bounce straight back up. I've managed to sign two more foreign stars for next season, but it looks like Ebwelle might push for a transfer sooner rather than later, which is unfortunate but if he does go he will free up another foreign player spot and I have a few targets in mind already.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2018/19 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Team Report | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

The club is growing, and the finances have only dropped because we are upgrading our youth and training facilities again in preparation for next season.

Spor Toto Super League

Predicted finish: 18th

Actual Finish: 18th (Relegated)

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

While I didn't expect last year's promotion, this year's performance was fully expected. We had some terrible runs and never managed to exit the relegation zone. What was pleasing though was that we managed some good results against the likes of Galatasaray and Fener, so while it was a long, frutrating season there were still some very bright spots.

Cup

Fourth Round

A great performance in the cup this year, as we managed to get through a group stage featuring two other Super League teams after beating two lower league opponents.

Squad

Squad Screen 1 | Squad Screen 2

Most Appearances: Halil Tuna (32 starts, 8 sub)

Top Goalscorer: Yiğit Konuk (14)

Most Assists: Abdurrahman Aksu (5)

Highest Average Rating: Engin Bekdemir (6.97)

It feels weird to not have Usta featuring here and while he didn't stand out, he was very solid still. Konuk was perhaps our most impressive performer, as his goals were decisive in several games. This saw him win the Super League Young Player of the Year award, which he dedicated to me.

Previous Season Goals

-Enjoy the ride - Fail - I went through the season way too quickly at times, and had a few moments where I felt like quitting the save, but thankfully these were followed by better moments.

-Continue developing the club's infrastructure - Success - Upgrades in almost all departments, we are definitely growing as a club.

-Hold on to Konuk - Success - This proved easier than expected, as nobody came in with any serious bids.

Next Season Goals

- Promotion - I want us to go straight back up again, regardless of what the board expect.

- Continue developing the club's infrastructure - Some upgrades have already been announced, hopefully hopefully this will put us at a level similar to that of our competitors.

- Continue giving our best homegrown prospects games - Aksu very well this year, while Timurlenk developed brilliantly, so with additional game time these guys might well become Super League level players.

Career

|  Season  |    League    |  Position   |      Cup      |   Avg. Att.   | Season Tickets (Change) |        Achievements       |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  15/16   |    2L Red    |     7th     |    2nd Rnd    |      959      |        623   (+90)      |                           |
|  16/17   |    2L Red    |     1st     |    3rd Rnd    |     1007      |        645   (+22)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  17/18   |    PTT 1.    |     2nd     |  Group Stage  |     2369      |       1527  (+882)      |          Promoted         |
|  18/19   | Super League |    18th     |    4th Rnd    |     7042      |       4570 (+3043)      |         Relegated         | 

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 7) - 2021/2022

League Table

LeagueTable-1.png

We did a bit better than last year and actually managed to creep into the playoff places, this was because 1461 Trabzonspor were not eligible as their Senior Club Trabzonspor were already in the Super League (Come to think of it, this is why they weren’t in the PTT 1. League as Trabzonspor was!). We were then drawn against our bogey team Elagzispor who were 1st for most of the season and as predicted they were the winners over the two legs, 4-2. Other than that, we scored the second most in the league but we're still conceding too many and had the 3rd best goal difference, our current biggest problem in the league is taking points from away games and maintaining our form during the winter months.

Transfers

Transfers-4.png

Transfers In - I signed three foreigners on a free transfer after they were offered to me by their agents and signed two players who were on loan to me last season and had a good season with myself.

Transfers Out - More youth players left, a few players went on loan to my affiliate clubs and Halil Pehlivan was forcing a transfer so I just let him go.

Squad

Squad-1.png

The GK's did well, the defence really struggled this year and will need strengthening for next season, the midfield did their job as did Muhsin Bulut once again upfront, although I need my sub striker Burak Atik to perform better when called upon.

Player of the Season - Abdulkadir Ozgur - He only made it to the first XI as I had to sell Halil Pehlivan and this was a blessing in disguise, 8 goals and 14 assist from 43 games, he also managed the highest average rating while playing the most games, consistent season from him.

Team Report - A reverse of last season, we concede early on and scored after the second half, our average age has gone up by one to 22 and we are once again a lazy strong team. Mushin Bulut once again topped the team’s goalscoring charts and even shared the most assists for the club at 14 with Abdulkadir Ozgur.

Turkish Cup

TurkishCup-3.png

Not sure why it isn’t in order, but what a season in the Turkish Cup!

After easing through the earlier rounds (except the first game!), we had a decent group in which we finished 2nd and then were drawn against Besiktas whom we destroyed 3-0 away. We were then handed Bursaspor away which went perfect after we beat them 5-0 away and then at home we struggled but kept our nerves after we lost 4-0, and went through to the semi-finals 5-4 on aggregate.

We were handed the toughest draw in the semi-final after we were paired with Galatasaray whom we lost 2-1 at home, we then went to their stadium and beat them 1-0 away but were out of the competition on away goals.

A superb run in the Cup and don't think I'll be repeating that for another few years, the only negative was that it made my schedule very busy!

Finances

Finances-1.png

Despite it being under a £1million, we have just once again started work for our training and youth facilities, and I've lost count how many times we've upgraded. Further to this, the board have been superb in granting everything I have asked for, from number of staff to increasing the wages I can offer them! The foundations of the club look solid.

Next Season

I'm not sure if I'm ready to be promoted, I don't think the team is, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be promoted. In the Cup, I'd appreciate another decent run and will be content with making it out the group stages.

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 7: 2021/22 Ligue 2

504d928efc9a2fef2d6e02af22fc2a71.png

We ended the season pretty well tbf, 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss from our last 6 games and none of them were 0-0 draws which is always a bonus. Highlight probably being our late winner against Montpollier which more or less sent them down to the National, not got anything against them or anything but was nice to win late as we've done so many times this season.

aae1976b9e689669490d487b5315c3ae.png

Ended up 9th which is pretty decent, only 6 points off of 3rd place and the promotion that would come with it. Amazing really to think how close we were to getting promoted considering how badly we played and the amount of terrible 0-0 draws we took part in this season. Gives me some hope that we could maybe get promoted next season if we get a consistent goal scorer in the side and keep players fit all year.

Transfers

Already explained most of the signings. Malaury Martin joined in December to add more depth to our central midfield department, Robert Foulon joined in January to give us another option up-front as Nolan Roux slacked off from his early form. Notable departure obviously being Vincent Jardin leaving for Olympiakos - more on that later.

Squad pt 1, Squad pt 2=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]

Decent squad depth, few players that I signed didn't perform as well as I'd hoped. Got a lot of players leaving on frees in the summer so can hopefully get some more players in on frees to add better depth to the team with money in wages their departures will make. Fode Koita probably our best player, 17 goals and 11 assists from 31 starts which was a pretty decent return. Mamadou Sambague the other main striker, started 41 games and got 15 goals and 12 assists - he's pretty good but reminds me of Bouscarrat's first season in the National, he's got an okay amount of goals but can score so many and misses so many easy chances, could easily be a 30 goal a season guy if he took his chances, its not even like he's got bad composure or finishing so i'm not sure why he bottles so many chances all of the time. Moussa Diallo is my new CAM, the 19 year old had a pretty decent first season.

Finances

Less said about this the better really. It is worth noting that if Vincent Jardin had played 30/40 games for Olympiakos and scored 10+ goals we would actually have an extra £1M and wouldn't be in the red, instead Olympiakos haven't even given him a competitive debut, despite turning down my offer for a loan back clause. ********.=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2019/20    National    3rd       7th Round     N/A                 N/A       Promoted to Ligue 2! 
2020/21    Ligue 2    15th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A       N/A
2021/22    Ligue 2     9th       9th Round     1st Round           N/A       N/A

logo.png

Pau FC - Youth Academy

Ahcene Ziane, 21, D/WBRL

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=9"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

Season    Division   Appearances  Assists  Goals   MOTM  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   National      31           4       0      0
2018/19   National      37           2       1      2
2019/20   National      33           5       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       37           1       0      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       39           2       0      2
Total                  177          14       1      4    

International: 
Algeria U20: 4 caps, 1 goals

Summary: Another good season at left back for Ziane. One step closer to being a potential club captain as our former #1 GK Petit has now been stripped off the vice-captaincy, leaving Ziane essentially next in line to be vice-captain as he's the next best choice.

Kevin Haller, 21, DC/DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11"]End of Season 3 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=22"]End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

End of Season 6 Profile

2017/18   National      12           1       0      0
2018/19   National      39           2       0      0
2019/20   National      26           1       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       35           0       1      1
2021/22   Ligue 2       36           0       0      0
Total                  148           4       2      2    

Summary: Decent season for Haller.

Abderrahmane Aichour, 19, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=10"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

2017/18   National      1            0       0      0
2018/19   National     25            2       4      2
2019/20   National     36            2       0      0
2020/21   Ligue 2      32            3       6      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      40            3       0      0
Total                 134           10      10      3    

International:
Algeria U20: 10 caps, 0 goals

Summary: Another good season for the Porn Star moustache himself, stayed injury free more than any of the other academy players this season and thus got the most games. Also now on 10 caps for Algeria's U20 side.

Karim Amroune, 20, DM/MC

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=18"]End of Season 2 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=23"]End of Season 3 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

End of Season 5 Profile

2017/18   National      2            0       0      0
2018/19   National      3            0       0      0
2019/20   National     18            1       3      1
2020/21   Ligue 2      25            1       2      1
2021/22   Ligue 2      29            3       1      0
Total                  77            5       6      2    

International:
Algeria U20: 4 Caps, 0 Goals

Summary: Injuries prevented him from featuring more. Got 2 more caps for Algeria U20 side.

Gerard Vincent, DRC/DM, 18

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=15"]End of Season 1 Profile

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=25"]End of Season 2 Profile

End of Season 4 Profile

2018/19   National      4            0       0      0
2019/20   National     21            3       1      1
2020/21   Ligue 2       7            0       0      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       2            0       0      0
Total                  34            3       1      1    

Summary: Very rarely got involved this year. He was actually on the bench like 25/30 times but I rarely make defensive substitutions or if I did I brought on the more experienced player which was never him.

Bastian Bonnel, 17, MC/CAM

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=26"]End of Season 1 Profile

End of Season 3 Profile

2019/20   National      7            0       1      0
2020/21   Ligue 2       5            1       1      0
2021/22   Ligue 2       1            0       0      0
Total                  13            1       2      0    

Summary: Very rarely featured due to a fair amount of depth at CAM.

Others

Lillian Gauthier was used sparingly as back up for DM and CM, he started in a French Cup game against one of the lower league sides and actually scored. Jorge Pereira the center back and Gauther's back-up Louis Lavie also featured in that game.

Alumni

• Vincent Jardin hasn't played a single competitive game for Olympiakos, absolutely criminal from them to waste him like that, haven't even loaned the guy out to anyone else. Be interesting to see what happens if they don't play him again or loan him out next season, will be keeping tabs.
  • Sami Denis is still a free agent and will most likely retire shortly as a result of not picking up any interest from other clubs

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2016/2017 Mid-Season Report

League Table

We're in a battle for survival, suffering through a bad stretch of 6 games where we have managed 3 draws and 3 losses. But we haven't lost a single match by more than one goal as our defense has been outstanding. Struggling offensively though as we've been injury plagued all season. Sever was injured for 2 months, last year's top scorer, Taskiran, has been injured, sick and ineffective when he has played with no goals scored yet. The second striker I brought in to push him was playing well, scoring 4 goals in 5 games, but tore his calf muscle and is out for 3 more months. We're just trying to hold on until we can bring in some help in January.

But on the positive side, we're doing great financially and the board gave me a new 2 year contract. Our youth facility upgrade is complete and we'll be relaying the pitch after this season. In the Turkish Cup, we knocked off League 2 side Adana DS 2-0, then beat League 1 side Bucaspor in the house in extra time 2-1. So we're into the group stage. Unfortunately, I think we drew the group of death as ours is the only one without a team below League 1. We have Super League sides Besiktas and Kayserispor as well as Osmanlispor in our league. With 4 cup games coming up in the next month, I'm not sure how seriously I'm going to take the games.

Hi guys, thought I would join in the fun in this thread. I holidayed until 2016 to try and get a team I was interested in. Eventually I came across Lyon-Duchere who were formed in 1963 and of course share the beautiful city of Lyon with their vastly more famous neighbors Olympique Lyonnais. As well as completing this challenge I would also love to knock OL out of their complacency. The Lyon Wiki page dosent even list us as a club in the city!

Profile - http://imageshack.com/a/img540/3556/Q3ikXo.png

Manager Information - http://imageshack.com/a/img673/3389/pvQ0HJ.png

Club Competition history - http://imageshack.com/a/img673/5219/sPEOc0.png

Club General - http://imageshack.com/a/img661/3351/GhISA8.png

Club Facilities - http://imageshack.com/a/img540/7222/5uk2JJ.png

Interestingly enough we are not favorites for the drop and the season preview has us finishing lower mid-table but we shall see! The squad looks like it has some strength in the wing back area so we will start with some kind of 5 man defense formation but with the pitch description listed as terrible I'm leaning towards a direct style.

edit - tried to get a club logo at the top but I managed to stuff it up..

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

PORTUGALETE

2019/20 SEASON REVIEW

Manager Profile

Manager Info- finally earned my National "C" license and am studying for the "B".

COMPETITIONS OVERVIEW

LEAGUE TABLE

First Half Results

Second Half Results

Predicted to finish dead last (again), we started off the season carrying over our poor from from the end of last season and looked like we may be relegation candidates. Because we were doing so badly, I made two signings of veteran players near the end of the window and we started to recover immediately after they came into the team.

Overall a good season in the league where we finished in a quite respectable 12th place- this is even more notable when you take into account that my team's average age is 22. We could have done better if not for a dip in form in the second half of the season; we were particularly bad right at the end. Hopefully the team doesn't start off poorly again, but there are a few factors in particular that lead me to believe we could do quite well.

In the Copa del Rey we were knocked out immediately by Zaragoza. That's okay- the board put no priority on that competition and, because I am more concerned with establishing us in the league, I didn't particularly mind that we were out early.

Best Eleven (I stuck with the 4-4-2):

Goalkeeper

Diego Gutierrez- Once again was a clear first-choice. Performed well and trained well for yet another season. While I still like him, I might look to replace him within the next couple of years.

Defense

Marcelo (DR/DL)- Played fine for us at right-back, however, he is leaving when his contract runs out. I have a few promising newgens who can play here and I may look for a better clear starter for his preferred position.

Unai Bilbao (DC/DL/DR)- Played entirely as a central defender, Bilbao put in another solid year for us, but it looks like he's reached the peak of his ability. While I'm not looking to sell him due to his utility, he may start to see his match tally go down if I can find another defender and/or rotate the newgens.

Julio Rivera (DR/DC/DL)- My scouts rate him as a right-back, but he is also a natural DC and that is where he played for us. It appears he'll be the replacement for Unai Bilbao; he can play across the defense and puts on solid displays while also still developing as a player.

Eneko Satrustegui (DL/DR)- One of my two emergency signings due to poor early-season performances, Satrustegui came into the team and performed exceptionally. However, he suffered a few injuries and his performances were not quite as epic after that. Still worth keeping for this coming season, though.

Midfield

Fabio Gaucho (MR/AMR/AMC/MC/ML)- Wasn't as good as he was last season, but not by much. Gaucho consistently improved in training and he's a player who could probably continue with us if we make it to the next level. He'll either amount to a hefty profit or a continuing star for us; expect to see him on this list again, hopefully for seasons to come.

Adrian (ML/MC/AML/AMC)- Like Satrustegui, Adrian was an emergency signing after our terrible opening. He became a starter and also performed very well early on. Also like Satrustegui, his performances leveled out over the season and he continuously declined attributes-wise. He'll be around next season, but given his age and training level he's definitely not a long-term option.

Diego (DM/MC/DC)- My ball-winner was a workhorse yet again and continued positive development. Definitely a player I have no intention of letting go anytime soon, he should play a key role in the midfield next year as well.

Luis (ML/AML/AMR)- Luis didn't play as much as seasons past due to the rise of some of my newgens, but still put in strong performances when he did play. I don't see him as our best option moving forward due to his attributes, but how can I resist when he gets results?

Forwards

Inaki Altamira (Fans' Player of the Year)- If you have been following my Portugalete career at all, you should have seen this name coming. Altamira once again improved as a player and once again led my team in goals. He also led Liga Adelante in goals. Downside: at the halfway mark of the season, he led the league with 15 goals. He ended with 26, so, his production decreased as the season went on. Still, I really love this guy.

Indra Hendrawan- I took this kid on loan from Inter until the end of next season because he looks promising and because I think it's kind of cool to have a player of a weird nationality (though his second nationality is Italian). I didn't expect to start him much, but my other main striker suffered an injury and never quite regained fitness. Hendrawan did well in training and, while he wasn't bad during games, he was very inconsistent. His loan ends at the same time as his contract so, who knows, if he performs/develops well next year I might sign him permanently.

TRANSFERS

In

I once again focused on signing newgens but did bring in two veterans that were mentioned earlier. Here are some of the other notables

Pat McArthur (MC/AMC)- The former Celtic trainee came in after an agent offer and was almost immediately loaned out to give him first-team experience. He did fairly well for his loan club.

Albert Andries (MC/AMC)- Saw some time with the first-team, but also got loaned out for more experience.

Radim Kocourek (DL)- Continuously trained well and improved as a player over the season. I gave the young Czech one sub appearance in our final match to reward his hard work. Keeping an eye on this kid.

Ralf Fanz (ST)- Signed late in the season due to an agent offer and did very well with the youth team, scoring seven goals in four matches. I named him as a sub in the final league match, but he did not appear.

Out 1

Out 2

You may notice that my 'Out' list is significantly larger than normal. The reason for this is that I used to "sign recommended players" from my youth trialists. I released all of those that got automatically promoted to my first team.

Biggest piece of business was offloading striker Gorka Laborda for $6.5K. As mentioned last season, he had struggled with injuries and was on the decline, so I took what I could for him.

NEWGENS UPDATE

Three decent looking guys came into my youth setup, but with the quality of the kids I have been bringing in it's doubtful they'll ever really amount to much with me.

FINANCES-----FACILITIES

Financially we began operating in the red again but, in case you missed it, we underwent a tycoon takeover. I'm no longer all that worried about money.

For the first year, I included a link to our facilities in this section. Worth mentioning because our stadium increased to 6,000 capacity and because my now-rich chairman allowed upgrades to both my youth and training facilities for next season when I asked for them. He also agreed to relay our pitch, which was in terrible condition. These should help both our development of players as well as our reputation.

GOALS FOR 20120/21

- DEVELOP: Again, I want to see positive development from the youngsters. The aforementioned upgrades should help out a lot with this

- IMPROVE THE SQUAD: Given our new-found wealth, I can actually afford to buy worthwhile players. Our massively upgraded budget should help out a lot (in fact, I've already signed a good newgen 'keeper on a free and bought two midfielders, but you'll have to wait to see them!)

- CONSOLIDATE: I don't expect a promotion fight just yet, but I want to finish at least mid-table once again; hopefully in the top half this time. However, if I can bring in the right players we might be able to earn a promotion playoff slot.

Tecmo - Good luck with the rest of the season. Fwiw, the prize money in the group stage of the cup is pretty damn good.

IOA - Amazing cup run! What are your facilities like now? I like how your club is growing slowly but surely, should help a lot with establishing your presence in the Super League one you get there.

Paul - Your league positions seem to be progressing slightly quicker in Ligue 2 than in the Nacional. Should we expect promotion next season?

Wizard of Oz - Good luck in France, I like that your club already has a fierce rivalry with Lyon, will make things interesting in the top league.

ArranoBeltza - Solid season there, I love the jump your balance graph though. Will you be using those riches to considerably strengthen the squad immediately, or will you keep wages relatively low and build a solid base for the future? Also, what are the expectations of your tycoon chairman?

USConcarneau.jpg

Union Sportive Concarneau

Ligue 2

Season 3: 2017/18 Review

Competitions

Overview

Ligue 2

|
|

After a horror start to the season that saw us sitting in last place after five rounds we managed to achieve my goal of getting a mid-table position this season. We had some good patches of form, especially towards the end of the season, and we're always a chance to score ending the season with the second most goals scored in the league. If we can continue to improve our performances and consistency we should be looking to push ourselves higher up the table, and with a bit of luck we may sneak into a promotion spot in a few seasons.

French Cup

A much better performance in the French Cup this year as we made it to the 11th Round (one round short of the Quarter Finals!). The highlight was our penalty shootout win over Ligue 1 team FC Lorient in the 9th Round. We were unfortunately knocked out by a goal in added time against Vendée Poiré-sur-Vie Football who we had never won a match against before.

Coupe de la Ligue

Once again Vendée Poiré-sur-Vie Football popped up to knock us out of the cup in the 1st Round this time.

Players

Transfers | Squad | Best XI

Squad Details

I'm pretty happy with the squad I have at the moment, the only real addition I'll need to make is a backup left back as my current one is leaving for first team football. I could potentially sign a new centre-back, but I think I'll just leave my current centre-backs as they are and see how the season progresses. I also have some good young players that I've bought in the reserve team so I'll bring them up to play in the first team when necessary.

Player of the Year

Franck Julienne

Easily the best player at the club this season as shown by the fact that he was at the top of the goal scoring, assists, PoM, and average rating stats at the seasons conclusion. Showed great form towards the end of the season, a period during which he scored 7 goals in 4 matches. Came in third place for the Ligue 2 Star of the Competition award.

Runner-up

Third Place

Stat Leaders

Top Goalscorer
-
(17)

Most Assists
-
, Franck Julienne, and
(11)

Player of the Match
- Matthieu Le Roux, Franck Julienne, and
(4)

Average Rating
- Franck Julienne (7.37)

Admin

Club Information | Finances | Facilities | Manager Profile

We had a loss of £942,917 this season largely due to increasing wages (moving players from part-time to full-time contracts and renewing contracts with key players). TV Revenue was again our biggest income by a long way at £4,174,838. If we could increase our attendance (current average attendance percentage is 14%) this would help reduce our projected loss, but we probably won't get a big increase in attendance until we are pushing for promotion or have been promoted.

We moved into our new stadium during the season and we're upgrading our
again which is good news, the board wouldn't upgrade our training facilities though.

My manager now has his National A Licence so I'm slowly improving my coaching.

Career

14yciHr.png

Paul - Thanks, I've enjoyed reading your updates and I love how you are showing such steady progress. It seems so realistic

Romanista - The fierce rivalry was one of the reasons I chose my club. I am looking forward to becoming a noisy neighbor

Virilem - Great recovery to finish mid-table after a horror start. Franck Julienne looks like a beauty, where did you get him from?

Edit - Haha actually it is a small world, http://imageshack.com/a/img538/8793/Roiu9S.png, he signed for us a couple of years ago http://imageshack.com/a/img537/2479/X3wrmn.png

ArranoBeltza - I can see why you love Altamira. At 21 he still has time to develop further as well. Have any bigger clubs been sniffing around him?

Wizard of Oz - Good Luck in France, always nice to have a new face around :).

PaulHartman71 - You are making some good progress in Ligue 2, a few more goals in the right places and you could be pushing for a promotion spot next year.

ArranoBeltza - Another solid season there, hopefully the new board don't get too demanding now they are throwing money at you so you can enjoy the money a bit more, Altmira is turning into a very good little player and with a few years of development left you could have a real long term goalscorer in him.

Virilem - A good 2nd season in Ligue 2.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Season 5 Preseason Report

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

Some nice sales, with a youngster who had played well on loan but ultimately wouldn't be good enough going forward leaving for £25k to a divisional rival. He should do well there, as he is one of those rare players who have are both great in big matches and consistent. Plus, with a professional personality he should develop into a very useful player for them.

Friendly Results

Friendlies

No goals conceded in pre-season this year.

Current First Eleven

GK: Harun Tekin - Last season he did pretty well despite our relegation and I expect him to do better still this year, as he's way too good for this level. Also, I'm hoping he'll get injured less, because we spent over two months without him last season.

RB: Deniz Aslan - Probably our weakest position, but Aslan is better than the players that were starting for us in the Super League last year.

CB: Yasin Arslan - Our best defender, should dominate at this level.

CB: Sadettin Timurlenk - I'm putting him here over Cenk Kaplan because I am ready to be openly biased towards one of our better youth products. He has developed wonderfully since coming though (for example, his positioning was 5 when he came through) and I'm hoping that he can continue growing at a good rate with more consistent game time.

LB: Gustavo Da Ros - The young Argentinian will hopefully take over our leftback spot for years to come. He still needs some work to fit into the role he'll play in my team, but he has all the tools to become a fantastic player.

DM: Cihan Yildiz - This is probably Yildiz's level, although he does have some room for improvement still.

RM: Kemal Efe - Loanee from Groningen, who is a bit of a physical beast. That alone should see him dominate at this level, but he also has the technical tools to perform so I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays. If he doesn't perform we always have Engin Bekdemir (best average rating last year) to back him up.

CM: Sebahattin Usta - He might not be very highly rated by our coaches, but that doesn't mean he can't still perform. The club icon has developed his game mentally and should still be very effective, as he fits the advanced playmaker role almost perfectly.

CM: Jules Ebwelle - Our best player. Ebwelle was briefly considered a leading Super League player by our coaches, which should tell you all you need to know about how much better he is than anyone else at this level.

LM: Carlinhos - A third foreign star, who is unfamiliar in the position he is going to play, but will learn it as the season progresses. I'm expecting big things from this guy.

ST: Yiğit Konuk - Konuk was the only player to hit double figures for us in the Super League. He's a pretty complete goalscorer, with a lot of room for growth still.

This is by far the strongest squad I've had so far; we have several good Super League players and most of our backups would be good players for most PTT1. teams. We do have a pretty young team, but I'm confident I can manage the pressure of a title race should we get in it. The board expects at least a playoff position, but with the players at my disposal I'm definitely aiming higher than that.

Virilem - Nice progress, quite like the way you use an in-game screenshot to show how your career has gone.

Romanista - The fierce rivalry was one of the reasons I chose my club. I am looking forward to becoming a noisy neighbor

I found this quite interesting and it made me wonder what, if any, criteria everyone used to choose their club?

Mine were the following:

1. I wanted a club from a city where there have been no top division title wins, because I wanted us to be the first.

2. The club had to be from a large or reasonably-sized city, so that we could progress in terms of attendance and youth recruitment within the city (and truly become a "big club", because after all this challenge was originally called "small club to big club challenge").

(3. Cool name. Yep, nailed this one. :cool:)

Archived