Si making a blatant attempt to deceive us?

DS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

Why should i put effort in prooving something everyone with common sense knows already </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice.

With that arguement you're claiming that everyone who has a different opinion than yours has no common sense.

Not only going in against good manners but also against forum etiquette.

*ploink*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Out of interest, how many people who experience a poor shot to goal ratio have gone back through the match report to look at all of the shots and see if there is a reason why so many are being missed? It is incredibly boring, but I found it worthwhile.

I have created one tactic that was seeing my team creating chances but not taking them, so I decided to go through the match reports and look at the shots I my players were having. It turned out many of the shots rushed, blocked or from poor positions. One thing I considered is that perhaps my high attacking mentallity was causing my players to shot on sight instead of trying to carve out a decent oppurtunity. As a result, I decided it may be better to to reduce my mentallity a bit. As a result, whiolst my team were creating fewer chances, they were of better quality, and more were going in.

I'm not going to say that there is no issue here (I am undecided as of yet) but surely it would make more sense to try and find a solution to the problem rather then to continually whinge about it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found that whilst playing as Aldershot in the Blue square Premier I was getting a large amount of shots compared to goals. I was using a tactic set I imported from my FM2007 game which needed a bit of tweaking. After looking back through match reports and highlights I started noticing that my wingers were getting a lot of chances one-on-one with the keeper after beating the full back with sheer pace and cutting in from the wing. However, so many of their chances were from such bad angles, which combined with their poor finishing, meant they were blazing them wide. I changed their crossing slider so that they would square it for a striker rather than take it on themselves and my team started scoring goals for fun.

I think that a lot of people who complain about things like this have never even has a look at their tactics, let alone try to adjust them to sort out a problem with their team. The logic that "I've got better players, so I don't need tactics!" has been proven to be flawed. Stand up Mr Eriksson and McLaren!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And there are still nincompoops who look for things that don't even exist. They fall inbto the same stupid category as conspiracy theorists. Roll Eyes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can you say this when you have admitted that you have not played 08?????

It has been shown in many threads already that the shots/SOG ratio is accurate to real life.

What hasn't been explained is why human players need 15 shots 7 shots on target to get a goal when the AI only needs 4 shots and only 1 on target. That is what i have in my game.

Of course it is a case of my tactics but what exactly should i change when opposition does not get any good chances but score goals and i have average 5 1&1 + 4 clean shot chances per game and walk away with 1-2 goals??? This is the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nymanr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And there are still nincompoops who look for things that don't even exist. They fall inbto the same stupid category as conspiracy theorists. Roll Eyes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can you say this when you have admitted that you have not played 08?????

It has been shown in many threads already that the shots/SOG ratio is accurate to real life.

What hasn't been explained is why human players need 15 shots 7 shots on target to get a goal when the AI only needs 4 shots and only 1 on target. That is what i have in my game.

Of course it is a case of my tactics but what exactly should i change when opposition does not get any good chances but score goals and i have average 5 1&1 + 4 clean shot chances per game and walk away with 1-2 goals??? This is the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! icon_biggrin.gif ...Intresting to read that there are no problems from the guy who has stated that he doesn't even have FM2008!!1 icon_biggrin.gif

No FM2008 = No problems... well I cannot say that mr. Gavnoble is inccorect with his statement.

Allthough it is somewhat hilarious to get these expert comments from him after that statement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nymanr:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the AI generally knows how to create better chances, in the same way that Bongo-Bongo and Gypsum have shown how a human manager can do the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

WTF Gavnoble doesn't even have the game, what the heck is he coming to this forum saying i'm wrong. little show of respect, let alone knowledge.

I wonder which clinic he is in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You complaining about someone not showing respect is the pot calling the kettle 'grimy arse'.

You already have a warning to your name. I suggest you start to take notice of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glyn:

WTF Gavnoble doesn't even have the game, what the heck is he coming to this forum saying i'm wrong. little show of respect, let alone knowledge.

I wonder which clinic he is in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You complaining about someone not showing respect is the pot calling the kettle 'grimy arse'.

You already have a warning to your name. I suggest you start to take notice of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he hadn't opened his mouth about something he doesn't know about in the first place, nothing would have happened.

I would agree with you, but i made Milan better in the database so it is not really an issue. Also Gilardini is good enough for Milan in that way. Also i use the real-time editor to fix the dropping mental stats, because it is unrealistic.

So it are not the players, it's the complet ****ed up, prehistorical, screwed match engine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I was implying, it's ridiculous to claim that AC Milan can't score and this often. It was just directed to those fools who simply deny FM is having any kind of problem. Be it then the crap from anti-SI-Bashing gang.

But it really is funny that so many lack the brain or anything to see that there are clearly things wrong which can't be explained with "it's your team and tactics"-things. If these guys know that much about football they would realize that the problem is either A) FM is greatly flawed because it is very random whether you succeed or not even with best teams or B) FM is flawed because AC Milan is incorrectly presented in the game if it sucks that much.

Whatever the case is, I really don't get why people bother arguing and defending FM here because they have absolutely no evidence how these things work. But if someone feels there is something wrong and they want clarification, why can't they post here? People who don't have these problems aren't doing anything here because very seldom seem even willing to understand, not to even mention being able to. Sure, everyone has the right to say their thing but don't then blame complainers about making these forums bad or anything as the only problem is opposers being intolerant and selfish.

Why don't everyone feeling the game is great create their own threads to hail SI and FM and leave people who don't think that way alone and let SI to answer? What on earth you think you are gaining? You are doing nothing but making these discussions very unpleasant to read as they are dragged from valid arguments and questions to abusing etc. Nobody is going to change their mind if some fanboi comes here blindly attacking everyone who criticize FM. Why do you bother? Answer is that you are yourselves more stupid than people who complain.

If he hadn't opened his mouth about something he doesn't know about in the first place, nothing would have happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So because someone says something you disagree with, it gives you the right to be offensive and say it's their fault? What a charming world you live in.

Stop trying to blame others and take responsibility for your own actions instead.

eXistenZ - Are you incapable of disagreeing with someone without resorting to petty insults and name-calling? It's so juvenile. I actually tend to come down on your side of the argument. But surely you'll have a better chance of being taken seriously if you behave in a more respectful manner.

Srry but he comes ramping about something where he obviously doesn't have a clue about.

If you run in at for example Ford motors and say " i know how you have to make cars" and you haven't actually seen a car from close range, you don't only get verbal abuse, but you get kicked out by the security.

He doesn't have a foot to stand on. he doesn't even own the game for heavens sake

If i would come to SI tomorrow, and say "you have to do this and that", and i actually can't program i think i will also get abused.

Srry but he comes ramping about something where he obviously doesn't have a clue about.

If you run in at for example Ford motors and say " i know how you have to make cars" and you haven't actually seen a car from close range, you don't only get verbal abuse, but you get kicked out by the security.

He doesn't have a foot to stand on. he doesn't even own the game for heavens sake

If i would come to SI tomorrow, and say "you have to do this and that", and i actually can't program i think i will also get abused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really don't have a clue, do you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

So you're claiming to be the 'security' for these boards? They have mods for that. All opinions are welcome, as far as I'm aware. Abuse, however, is not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

N i'm not claiming that.

Apparently i am the only one who find it a bit weird that someone who hasn't the game can make so much noise about something he doesn't have a clue about

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

So you're claiming to be the 'security' for these boards? They have mods for that. All opinions are welcome, as far as I'm aware. Abuse, however, is not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

N i'm not claiming that.

Apparently i am the only one who find it a bit weird that someone who hasn't the game can make so much noise about something he doesn't have a clue about

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Your valid point has gotten lost thanks to your childish attitude in delivering it. I'd think on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

Gav is a fanboy? icon_biggrin.gif you mean the bloke who has been one of the biggest critic of FM (the only person I know who had openly refused to buy a new release because he felt it wasn't good enough) is now a fanboy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, I'm a fanboi icon_wink.gif

Played CM/FM since the beginning. Always loved this game. Actually the only game that I've stayed loyal to *LOL*

N i'm not claiming that.

Exactly. Your valid point has gotten lost thanks to your childish attitude in delivering it. I'd think on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most important thing in a discussion is the argument itself, not how the speaker brings it.

N i'm not claiming that.

Exactly. Your valid point has gotten lost thanks to your childish attitude in delivering it. I'd think on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most important thing in a discussion is the argument itself, not how the speaker brings it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True in theory. But in practice, the presentation of an argument often overrides the actual message.

What one can not speak, thereof one must be silent

Interesting eulogy there, but the person you question has examined a number of aspects of a number of releases in detail. I would be more likely to understand and comprehend his posts on the matter, given the basis of a well presented argument and critique, without the apparent need to be abusive or offensive to other forum users.

There are issues with FM08, which I'm sure will be fixed at some point.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but what gives people the right to be abusive or offensive to others? If someone simply disagrees with your opinion, that's their opinion, there's no need to blast them for it!

Perhaps if you are handy enough to criticise, yet unable to accept it in return, you should perhaps consider your own eulogy, which by the way, is not as "hooded" a sneer posting in another language as you think. We do live in the age of online translation tools you know... icon_wink.gif

Well whilst the majority of people on the boards, and more importantly the mods, prefer it that we refrain from abuse, it might be wise to consider arguing your points like an adult in future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most people also would like that everyone who doesn't know what he is talking about, keeps silent

It's like this every year with people complaining.

If you don't like it, don't play it, it's that simple really.

I've won loads of matches were I had 1 or 2 chances, while my opponents had 10-20.

You don't see me coming here complaining about winning a match I should have lost.

Sorry to say this, but this is the way football is.

eXistenZ : Id advise you to stop this silly tirade as you obviously dont understand how gavnoble can have a very concise input into FM08 even though he doesnt own it (given his prior work).

Take your own advice in your last post eh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

eXistenZ : Id advise you to stop this silly tirade as you obviously dont understand how gavnoble can have a very concise input into FM08 even though he doesnt own it (given his prior work).

Take your own advice in your last post eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew what i was talking about. he didn't. who get's the warning? me. it's obvious he provoced me.

eXistenZ - it might be worth listening to the moderator.

People are'nt disagreeing with the problems you have with the game and discussing the matter. People just have a problem with your attitude or approach to the matter.

We can help you only so much, and the mod is being very patient.

Let it go and continue presenting your argument in a more constructive manner. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

Take your own advice in your last post eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew what i was talking about. he didn't. who get's the warning? me. it's obvious he provoced me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you didnt (well not articuatly anyway)

Yes he did

Yes you did

No he didn't

In that order.

I knew what i was talking about. he didn't. who get's the warning? me. it's obvious he provoced me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should try to be mature enough not to be "provoced" (sic) by other people.

Listen, people don't like being given abuse for no reason. I didn't even disagree with what you were saying, and I got accused by you of talking BS (just because I had the audacity to ask if the figures you'd quoted were guesses or if you'd actually gone through and done the number crunching).

I've no time for people who act idiotic and can't make their points - however valid - without being abusive. icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The human controlled team's goalkeeper always gets higher ratings to make it look like he is playing better. Why would Si do that? Because the AI keepers are always performing better and this is used to disguise that fact. Si really need to fix this blatant attempt to deceive us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds to me like you're just reaching for things to complain about, because this point is stretching it.

If you yourself saw the performance and think it was only worthy of a 2, then why are you believing the 7 that the game gave out? Aren't you capable of avoiding deception by siding with your own judgments?

• SI Staff

To answer a couple of points on the front page, the reason we don't answer posts like this is firstly because it's a duplicate of something mentioned often, and secondly because we have answered on others on the same subject.

As for the person who mentioned last weeks FA Cup stats, I haven't seen those, so can't comment on them. However, and somewhat ironically, the game that I watched live on TV last week was the Real Madrid v Real Zaragoza game, a game where Zaragoza had 20 odd shots, and didn't score, whereas Madrid had only a few shots, and scored 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavnoble:

Obviously I must be, after all I keep looking at the same stupid comments about problems that do not exist.

Try going away and looking at some stats from real life football matches, compare the goals to shot ratios and then come back and tell me if there is a problem. The results will surprise you but of course this would involve you actually making some sort of effort on your part, which I doubt you actually want to do because you don't wish to be proved wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a ridiculous post.

Why as somebody who isnt even playing FM08 you feel you can be so condescending to somebody regarding a known and very annoying issue that you obviously are unaware of (or just do not even want to consider may exist) is beyond me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

What a ridiculous post.

Why as somebody who isnt even playing FM08 you feel you can be so condescending to somebody regarding a known and very annoying issue that you obviously are unaware of (or just do not even want to consider may exist) is beyond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, GN was right - FM stats do broadly mirror IRL stats. There seems to be a misconception on this forum among many that there aren't that many shots in football matches, or that the percentage of shots on target to goals is higher IRL than it actually is.

Having looked at a number of IRL games and compared them to AI controlled matches in the game they are about right (with the right proportion of 'crazy' matches too, IMO).

The difficult comes when looking at human teams - now, I'm not the best FM manager in the world by any means, I'm normally rubbish. However, by assessing the match engine I've created a tactic which suits my Gillingham team very well. I'm not experiencing any of the problems reported in this post - sometimes I dominate matches and the other team wins, sometimes the other team dominates and I win, that's football.

The point is, I'm not alone in this so at least some of this widely reported issue *has* to be down to user error in not fully understanding the game, or using the wrong tactics and/or personnel. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

To answer a couple of points on the front page, the reason we don't answer posts like this is firstly because it's a duplicate of something mentioned often, and secondly because we have answered on others on the same subject.

As for the person who mentioned last weeks FA Cup stats, I haven't seen those, so can't comment on them. However, and somewhat ironically, the game that I watched live on TV last week was the Real Madrid v Real Zaragoza game, a game where Zaragoza had 20 odd shots, and didn't score, whereas Madrid had only a few shots, and scored 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as i have stated earlier this is one game in 40 odd league games. In FM it happens every single match !!! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jazzysheff:

And as i have stated earlier this is one game in 40 odd league games. In FM it happens every single match !!! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO IT DOESN'T!!!!! It really, really doesn't happen in every match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GillsMan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jazzysheff:

And as i have stated earlier this is one game in 40 odd league games. In FM it happens every single match !!! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO IT DOESN'T!!!!! It really, really doesn't happen in every match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does in my game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

As for the person who mentioned last weeks FA Cup stats, I haven't seen those, so can't comment on them. However, and somewhat ironically, the game that I watched live on TV last week was the Real Madrid v Real Zaragoza game, a game where Zaragoza had 20 odd shots, and didn't score, whereas Madrid had only a few shots, and scored 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and it happen hell a lot more than one game in 40 in real life

Guest andygregory

I think oldsoldier did a good job of explaining what is happening here..

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...492012273#2492012273

Paul C has already acknowledged the problem and agreed with some of the findings about the way the match engine handles shots and goals etc. Looks like there will be something to fix this problem in the next patch.

The reason not everyone is coming across the problem is because it only seems to happen if you don't play with any width.

So for those who were saying it has something to do with tactics, are half right. However having to play a certain way every game to avoid a 'bug' isn't quite what we'd expect from a game of this caliber.

Andy

Guest andygregory

oh and I agree that there are far too many posts on this subject. In a way it's good as it highlights the problem. But bad, because it is drowning out the other bugs people are finding eg. lower league club managers being berated by the board and fans for not beating a premier league side in a cup match etc.

It most definitely does not, and I'm 3 seasons in on several games with Liverpool, Carrarese, Belchatow, and AIK. It hurts when it does, but honestly, I'm winning that many games it's not really an issue.

There are many variables to take into consideration:

Pre-game tactics

In-match tactics

Team Talks

Player Stats (Physical and Mental)

Player Relationships

Quality of Staff

Club Conditions

Media

Transfers

Quality of Manager

Just recently I finished 6th in my first season with Atletico Madrid. It was really tough, but we rarely got thrashed even by the big teams. However, Ageuro scored most the goals.

1st game of the 2nd season attempting to finish in the top 4, Villareal thrashed us 4-0 and we were playing like amateurs. The 2nd game we escaped with a draw against a poor team.

Only a tactic I found in the 2nd season changed things around. I swear I would have sacked if I'd continued the same way. We ended up finishing 3rd, though I had to sell Aguero because he didn't fit the new system.

You can't play well all the time! Back in 2000 or whenever it was IRL, Manchester United ran away with the league, and then got complacent and were terrible for several seasons. It happens!

In my view I do believe the end results are acceptable (I’ve been playing on 08 for three season in a clan game) however it is the manner that the end result is achieved that has me most puzzled I think,

All real stats! Taking say the Champoins league games this season say for the group stages for actual mmatches we see a pattern like this

Chelsea had 18 shots wide to Rosenborg 4, but looking closer the actual shots on goal were 5 for Chelsea & 3 for Rosen which actual works for this 1-1

Chelsea Rosenborg

63'-1

1-1

24'-1

Chelsea Statistics Rosenborg

1 Goals scored 1

1 Yellow card 2

0 Red card 0

5 Shots on goal 3

18 Shots wide 4

19 Fouls committed 19

8 Corners 2

3 Offsides 1

37' 9'' Ball. Poss. (time) 21' 52''

62% Ball. Poss. (%) 38%

[\code]

Again the score with this Milan game relates to 10 shots on goal with 4 being scored, Shak had even more shots on goal but only scored once

Milan Shakhtar

69'-1

62'-1

14'-1

6'-1

4-1

51'-1

Milan Statistics Shakhtar

4 Goals scored 1

2 Yellow card 3

0 Red card 0

10 Shots on goal 11

5 Shots wide 8

10 Fouls committed 13

7 Corners 9

4 Offsides 2

24' 52'' Ball. Poss. (time) 32' 55''

43% Ball. Poss. (%) 57%

looking at stat after stat you seem to relise that shots on target often than not are low in number.

taking the whole group matches into account in group B for all the matches played for the four teams it looks like this and remeber thats six matches......

Group B

Club

shots wide 48 32 41 32

shots on goal 42 24 30 20

fouls committed 88 95 97 78

corners 30 26 39 17

offside 21 11 13 9

ball. poss. time 37 Min. 28 Min. 30 Min. 35 Min.

ball. poss. perc 53% 47% 48% 52%

goals scored 9 6 5 2

goals conceded 2 10 4 6

yellow cards 3 8 13 8

red cards 0 0 0 1

Here are some IRL stats for Spain this season

Played matches 182

Remaining matches 198

% played 47 %

Home wins 47 %

Draws 25 %

Away wins 28 %

Goals 468

Goals p. match 2.57

Goals p. match (H) 1.48

Goals p. match (A) 1.09

Over 2.5 goals 46 %

Under 2.5 goals 54 %

Most frequent scores Score Matches Percentages

1 - 1 23 12.6 %

2 - 0 19 10.4 %

0 - 0 16 8.79 %

2 - 1 14 7.69 %

0 - 1 14 7.69 %

1 - 0 14 7.69 %

0 - 2 12 6.59 %

3 - 0 12 6.59 %

1 - 2 9 4.94 %

3 - 1 9 4.94 %

0 - 3 7 3.84 %

2 - 2 6 3.29 %

4 - 1 6 3.29 %

4 - 3 4 2.19 %

4 - 0 3 1.64 %

Other 2 1.09 %

1 - 4 2 1.09 %

2 - 3 2 1.09 %

4 - 2 2 1.09 %

3 - 2 2 1.09 %

3 - 4 1 0.54 %

2 - 4 1 0.54 %

3 - 3 1 0.54 %

1 - 3 1 0.54 %

4 - 4 0 0 %

0 - 4 0 0 %

League Progress Total %

Matches played

182 47.9 %

Matches remaining

198 52.1 %

Outcomes Total %

Home team wins

85 46.7 %

Draws

46 25.3 %

Away team wins

51 28 %

Goals Total Per match

Goals scored

468 2.57

First-half goals

206 1.13

Second-half goals

262 1.44

Home goals

269 1.48

Away goals

199 1.09

Cards Total Per match

All Cards

975 5.4

Yellow cards

901 4.95

Double-yellow cards

40 0.22

Red cards

34 0.19

Giving the opinion that yes high shots on goal does not guarantee success or that low shots on goal does not necessarily mean you’ll loose in real life football – we can all point to games we have seen that the result has astounded us – that’s the joy of it but it is the frequency that in the game as Human Manager and considering some of the time they are playing world class teams very high shots on goal or even wide are produced. And I have to say playing in spain nearly every second match and I’m being kind here produces very high shots on goal and even shots wide with little reward.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just don't see it as the huge problem as everyone else does - but then part of that is that I'm still playing FM 2007 and not FM 2008, so can't really comment on that match engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't intended to be inflammatory in the slightest, but I simply must comment on this reply from you, Gav. How on earth are you going to come on here and argue about something you know little or nothing about? This ignorant blindness is exactly what we don't need on these forums. Are there too many complaints? Yes. Are they founded on hearsay or is there some kind of mass hysteria infecting these here parts? NO!

SI have been desperately trying to release a patch to fix the patch of the patch due to there being a rather significant problem with the match engine if you haven't heard or noticed. The fact that a patch is due to be released in February months after the original release clearly constitutes a problem, I'm sure you will agree. Do I think SI are deceiving us? Not directly no, and not in the same context of the original post, but there IS a problem — it's been highlighted in numerous posts in this forum, and as it happens, the findings/complaints, whatever you want to call them, are well founded and fit in well with my game world and game experience.

I've gone off topic slightly and I apologise, but please don't come on here and involve yourself in a debate you know nothing about, mate. Not only do you make a mockery of your own thoughts and opinions, but you too make a mockery of the folks on here that have played the game, experienced issues, and feel very let down by this version thus far. The least you can do is inquire yourself before posting on the matter — it's common decency, mate, that's all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavnoble:

How about because every single year you get the same posts from people kmoaning about something that I just don't see as being an issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wouldn't see it as an issue if you don't have the game.

I'm not a 'the games against me' person because I am pretty successful at the game anyway, it is not a hard game at all.

People are rightly concerned with some of the issues though.

This is not about 'it's your tactics' or 'your strikers obviously are crap' either. I know my tactics and player attributes well enough to win a lot more than I lose but there are some dodgy stats that come about because of the 1 on 1s issue. It's not our tactics or players fault that SI toned down the conversion rate of 1 on 1s because there were far too many of them.

Obviously I must be, after all I keep looking at the same stupid comments about problems that do not exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif How would you know if you don't have the game?

Archived