Mon, 19/8/2013 20:00 Swansea TV H 0-0 Premier Division

Sat, 24/8/2013 12:45 Chelsea TV A 0-1 Premier Division

Wed, 28/8/2013 19:45 Blackburn TV H 0-0 p Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd

Sat, 31/8/2013 12:45 Newcastle TV H 2-2 Premier Division

Sun, 15/9/2013 16:00 Hull TV A 3-1 Premier Division

Sat, 21/9/2013 17:30 Arsenal TV A 1-1 Premier Division

Sun, 29/9/2013 16:00 West Brom TV H 1-1 Premier Division

so far this tactic works like ****.

7 matches, 1 victory, 1 loss and 5 draws. swansea, blackburn(cup), newc and WBA home all ended draw.

I've been following this tread with great enthusiasm – thx for a great tactic Mr U Rosler.

I’m managing Swansea atm; we had an immense start of season, but are struggling to keep morale high and consolidate our mid table position.

When trying to find new signings I wanna stick to the formula by having 15 in the key attribute and 12 for other attributes. But I only seem to find a very limited amount of players either very old players or expensive (unrealistic transfers are excluded). Am I missing something here ? What values do you guys have for the 4 key attributes ?

Mon, 19/8/2013 20:00 Swansea TV H 0-0 Premier Division

Sat, 24/8/2013 12:45 Chelsea TV A 0-1 Premier Division

Wed, 28/8/2013 19:45 Blackburn TV H 0-0 p Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd

Sat, 31/8/2013 12:45 Newcastle TV H 2-2 Premier Division

Sun, 15/9/2013 16:00 Hull TV A 3-1 Premier Division

Sat, 21/9/2013 17:30 Arsenal TV A 1-1 Premier Division

Sun, 29/9/2013 16:00 West Brom TV H 1-1 Premier Division

so far this tactic works like ****.

7 matches, 1 victory, 1 loss and 5 draws. swansea, blackburn(cup), newc and WBA home all ended draw.

What team you are?

How are you using the tactics (for example Rainmaker v2 @ home and Silk & Steel v2 @ away)?

Are the tactics fluid or even near there?

How is your team working together, is assistant saying in match analysis that there are players trying to blend in to squad?

Fed up with people having a go at other peoples tactics on here, you should be grateful that these people have taken the time to help others out by posting there tactics, and this particular set of tactics are the best for this years game by far. So please don't blame other people if you can't 'manage' the tactics properly.

Oh and by the way I have used these tactics for 6 seasons with Liverpool, won the PL 6 seasons running, won the CL 5 years in a row plus many other trophies along the way.

I don't buy the premis that tactics don't work with some teams, like in real life you have to mold your team around your tactics and thanks to mr rosler you have a detailed explanation as to suitable players for each position.

hahaha Way to jump into a thread and randomly moan about something that really hasn't been an issue. If anything, I'm sure the OP would prefer to hear the negitives along with the positives because like any good tactic out there, well rounded feedback helps an already good tactic get better. Yeah, there's been some people who have added little beyond throwing their toys out of the pram, but they seem to be in the minority.

Life yourself, I've found Mr R's tactics superb, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't give constructive criticism if they come across something they think can be improved.

hahaha Way to jump into a thread and randomly moan about something that really hasn't been an issue. If anything, I'm sure the OP would prefer to hear the negitives along with the positives because like any good tactic out there, well rounded feedback helps an already good tactic get better. Yeah, there's been some people who have added little beyond throwing their toys out of the pram, but they seem to be in the minority.

Life yourself, I've found Mr R's tactics superb, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't give constructive criticism if they come across something they think can be improved.

Its a public forum so you are wide open to anyone posting anything they like.

However its pointless defending 'pertomet' on the basis that he provided constructive criticism as he didn't, all he gave was the results of 7 games, nothing about how the tactic played out, how it could be improved or any observations at all.

This was simple criticism with nothing constructive added on, sure he's entitled to vent, no problem with that and as you say these people are a small minority.

That was exactly my point, people saying tactic is **** after trying with a couple of games doesn't help and there is no need, I am all for people trying to help by posting constructive ideas and problems but the amount of people come on just to moan and say its rubbish but offer no insight is just poor behaviour in my opinion

Moving on.......

***THE IMPORTANCE OF CHOOSING THE RIGHT TACTIC!***

Following promotion into League 2 with Tonbridge I had a very poor squad that I couldn't improve due to my low reputation as highlighted earlier.

Moving towards the end of the season i was firmly rooted to the bottom of the League and heading for relegation.

I had been sticking to Rainmaker Home - Silk & Steel away, after all i'd won back to back league titles doing this so it should be fine...right??

Er, no.

I took a look at what was going on.

HOME FORM

ubjv.png

AWAY FORM

mbsq.png

So, using Rainmaker at home was killing me. Silk & Steel was successfully bridging the attribute gap, Rainmaker was not.

Easy to forget about the 'Fundamentals', Rainmaker when favourite, Silk & Steel when underdog. I wont make that mistake again.

Switched to S&S for all games and pulled clear of relegation.

So, using Rainmaker at home was killing me. Silk & Steel was successfully bridging the attribute gap, Rainmaker was not.

Easy to forget about the 'Fundamentals', Rainmaker when favourite, Silk & Steel when underdog. I wont make that mistake again.

Switched to S&S for all games and pulled clear of relegation.

That's exactly why i used S&S in most games with Stockport in Skrill Premier (if you remember, i mentioned it at some point).

I noticed the same thing, team wasn't strong enough so Rainmaker just didn't work, even when favorite.

At the end of the season i did use more Rainmaker at home, as i got some decent reinforcements to squad in january transfers.

My current season is so far looking very bright.

I have now played 4 Italian Serie C Cup matches with Piacenza and won them all.

On Serie C1/A we have played 11 matches so far. First game at home we drew 0-0, but after that we have won every match.

I predicted earlier that the team i was able to build, could be very strong for Serie C and so far it is looking exactly like that. Of course, a lot of things can change still.

One thing i did differently than i have done before.

Usually if my media prediction is at the bottom of the table, i select the "avoid relegation talk" in the pre-season team meeting.

However, this time i choose the "we can finish top half" option (it was the highest i could claim at pre-season meeting).

First comment from team was very negative, but then i choose the "with hard work we can do it" option and it ended up having only 7 players with negative response, rest of the squad were positive.

The reason i did that was that i want too see if i can prevent the "oh my god, we are overperforming, time to panic" effect at later stages of season...

Mr Rosler

Ive posted my first season in which i won the prem with Southampton but i could do with your advice on the CM role.

Last year i retrained Lallana who did average.

5akv.png

The second season ive managed to bring in Marchisio who isn't contributing to the goals our assists.

gtto.png

Can you recommend some players or even give advise on how to get the best out of them both.

Thanks in advance

Just finished my second season with West Ham (1st season back in Premiership). After a nightmare start with 4 losses in a row we managed to climb the table and made an unexpected run at the European qualification places. Due to winning the FA Cup last year we also played in the Europa League. Unfortunately, playing in 3 competitions (Prem, FA Cup, Euro) proved too much for a team that was only one season removed from playing Championship football. We had a great run in March/April but the team broke down at the end of the season in May. Within ten days we lost the FA Cup Final to Man City, lost our final two Premiership matches at Chelsea and at Fulham (which meant we missed out on Champions League qualification and only finished 5th) and lost the Europa League Final to Wolfsburg.

All in all we've had a great season but we had a bad start and a bad ending, losing everything we were playing for within the final 4 games.

Thought I would put my four pennies worth in. I am using a Level 10 update so I have been able to run with my home team Weymouth. First two seasons using Silk & Steel V2 I got straight promotion first from Southern Premier and then Skrill South.

Now in my third season and in the Skrill Premier it's been a season so far of two halves in my first 20 competitive games 19 League and 1 FA Cup game my record was 8 wins, 3 draws and 9 defeats. Now the next 20 games have turned right round. 15 League games and 5 cup games FA Trophy only. 16 wins, 3 draws and only 1 defeat. So what happened well I decided from game 21 to use Silk & Steel V2 with Counter instead of control and that really main the difference, but I am not sure why. Anyone have any thoughts.

So what happened well I decided from game 21 to use Silk & Steel V2 with Counter instead of control and that really main the difference, but I am not sure why. Anyone have any thoughts.

I know exactly why. ;)

Before that, a brief update in my game: I started with Rimini in Serie C2 Italy, and climbed quickly to the top, finishing 3rd in Serie A in my first season. All that using S&S(v1, then v2 when it was released). Rainmaker used in rare occasion, but never as a starting tactic.

Now, in my second season in Serie A, things are weird. Using Rainmaker at home is working well, but S&S stopped working when away...which was the only thing that never failed in the previous 4 seasons. My reputation has increased, I have some very good players for Serie A. I am now seen as a danger and S&S is not working anymore.

So, AI teams now prepare better to face me. As Rainmaker and S&S are possession-based tactics, with short passing, the AI "learns" that after a while and their counter-measure is to push up their defensive line, compressing the lines and congesting the midfield. This disrputs possession-based/short passing game.

The solution: Switch to a counter+direct passing model. I have a S&S_counter, which is helping me a lot in these first half of the season. Playing away, I defeated Inter away 5-1, defeated away CSKA 4-1 (Euro cup) and other good results. By switching the mentality to counter, you bring their forward line into your field, increasing the space between their offensive and deffensive lines. This gives more space in the midfield. With direct passing, as soon as you steal the ball (S&S defensive mechanism continues working greatly), the ball goes from defenders to midfielders, which connect immediately to strikers who outrun defensive lines which are standing almost in the kick-off circle.

I can upload this S&S_Counter later, in case someone wants to try (other people in the thread reported bad results with S&S away as well). If someone wants to try by themselves, apart from using Counter Mentality+Team Direct Passing, it is important to remove "short passing" from the individual instructions of everyone except the DCs and the DMs. This will avoid looooong passing, if you know what I mean. Direct passing will be left to the guys who know it.

Another thing. If you employ this for some time, the AI will push back their defensive line, nullifying direct passing. Time to switch back to S&S and make good use of all space available in the midfield. ;)

PS (edit): Even though I am not happy with the away performances and results, I am sitting 3rd in the Serie A, 4 pts behind Juventus, in early December, which is great! But I know it could be better!!!

Mr Rosler

Ive posted my first season in which i won the prem with Southampton but i could do with your advice on the CM role.

Last year i retrained Lallana who did average.

5akv.png

The second season ive managed to bring in Marchisio who isn't contributing to the goals our assists.

gtto.png

Can you recommend some players or even give advise on how to get the best out of them both.

Thanks in advance

Around 10 league goals and 12 assists is about a 'par' return for the CM/A excluding assists from corners.

The only times i've ever really exceeded that was when I had Hazard in the role at Chelsea where he got 20 goals one season.

The CM/A do a lot of good work that can go unnoticed, but I also have the feeling they should score more goals but I have been able to get it to work, obviously the temptation is to move them to AMC but that messes up the Box to Box guys as they sit too narrow.

I think all you can do is accept that 'return' of goals/assists or get an absolute monster in there like Hazard.

Second seasons a charm again.

Won the budesligia by 9pts from Bayern. Final record was P34 W22 D5 L4 For 63 Against 24

We got knocked out the champs league by porto in the last 16 which was poor, and it came amidst a dec/jan slump predictably.

We had built a strong squad, but no one individual really starred. All round good squad and team performance. My CF got 20 goals in 36 games, both fullbacks were also key and outstanding for me. My DL was a guy called Santiago Garcia, signed from Werder Bremen. He had 8 goals in only 27 games (had some injuries) and averaged 7.48. On the other side a fantastic Ukranian regen had 9 assists in 37 games and averaged 7.24 (he is only 22yr old).

So in 4 seasons, since a disaster at Liverpool, i have 3 league titles (Serie B, Serie A, Bundesliga) and a 3rd place in Budesliga. All using these tactical sets. You clearly do have to build a squad/team around it, pay attention to the key attributes and consider training/gelling/morale.

Part of me thinks there are things that could be tweaked to slightly improve this. The problem is, the current ME is so poor, that i just dont trust it. There are changes which look like they might improve it, but its hard to analyse games properly with the gaping ME holes. Lets hope the new patch addresses it, without totally changing the basic engine.

Going to continue this career, I could probably build Wolfsburg as the money Germany is great, but i want to try and win all 4 top leagues, so hopefully a job in Spain will come up over this summer! Easy to see what tactics i will be using :D

So, eyeing spain, i had a look at La Liga which was due to finish a couple of weeks after my Season.......cant help but notice Barca languising in 6th...........surely that must be a sackable position!.

Then Man City sack Bielsa and offer me an interview.....decided to go with the interview, not really wanting to return to England yet tho. They offer a transfer budget of £7million and i tell them need much more, so i dont get offered the job which i wasnt too unhappy about.

Then after the final la liga fixture, the ineviatable happens. Martino is sacked and i get my application in almost before he has closed his office door. A straightforward interview and its mine :D I am now the manager of Barcelona. A quick look back shows that Real have won La Liga every single season since the game started, so i have a job on my hands......

The squad is very much ageing, and not many top talents seem to have been bought by Martino over the last 5 years, so work might be needed. Xavi is 38 and still going strong, but hasnt the legs for this tactic.

Interested in how others woudl play Neymar and Messi this system, both are still world class 5 years in. Feels like both could play in either forward role, maybe even swapping to confuse the opposition?

So, eyeing spain, i had a look at La Liga which was due to finish a couple of weeks after my Season.......cant help but notice Barca languising in 6th...........surely that must be a sackable position!.

Then Man City sack Bielsa and offer me an interview.....decided to go with the interview, not really wanting to return to England yet tho. They offer a transfer budget of £7million and i tell them need much more, so i dont get offered the job which i wasnt too unhappy about.

Then after the final la liga fixture, the ineviatable happens. Martino is sacked and i get my application in almost before he has closed his office door. A straightforward interview and its mine :D I am now the manager of Barcelona. A quick look back shows that Real have won La Liga every single season since the game started, so i have a job on my hands......

The squad is very much ageing, and not many top talents seem to have been bought by Martino over the last 5 years, so work might be needed. Xavi is 38 and still going strong, but hasnt the legs for this tactic.

Interested in how others woudl play Neymar and Messi this system, both are still world class 5 years in. Feels like both could play in either forward role, maybe even swapping to confuse the opposition?

Nice career you got going there :brock:

You cant swap forward players anymore...:(

You cant swap forward players anymore...:(

Not sure if i understood this correctly, but i swap them quite often.

If strikers are not scoring, i go to tactics mid match and manually switch their positions F9 to CF and vice versa.

It often helps as it at least temporarily breaks opponents marking on strikers.

Not sure if i understood this correctly, but i swap them quite often.

If strikers are not scoring, i go to tactics mid match and manually switch their positions F9 to CF and vice versa.

It often helps as it at least temporarily breaks opponents marking on strikers.

Used to be able to set the strikers to swap positions automatically a few times during the match. you can only do it with wide players now.

Yeah i would have to do it manually sadly. Another great ME enhancement that one...........not like Brendan Rodgers, say for example, would be able to say to Suarez and Sturridge to swap everu 15mins or so before he sends them out.........oh wait, he does that every week............

Yeah i would have to do it manually sadly. Another great ME enhancement that one...........not like Brendan Rodgers, say for example, would be able to say to Suarez and Sturridge to swap everu 15mins or so before he sends them out.........oh wait, he does that every week............

Dont you have some unfinished business at Anfield? maybe after Barcelona :D

Used to be able to set the strikers to swap positions automatically a few times during the match. you can only do it with wide players now.

Right, last FM game i played before this one was FM2011, so don't really remember what was possible and what was not :)

Would be useful to get the swapping automatic, weird that such option has been taken away.

struggling in second season with this tactic started off so well now jst cant keep a clean sheet beat the likes of spurs then next two games lose to wigan and Huddersfield 19th n 20th?

I was having the exact same problem against small club whilst hammering large clubs, but in Serie A. Someone [Ackter] posted this:

basic problem run into by many. Caused by your tactic being unable to break down rigid defensive, usual counter, shapes. Need to change up your system for these kinds of matches. Try and goad the opposition into attacking more or leaving more space. The more varied your attack, the better chance you'll have of breaking them down.

It worked.

I have now reached January in my first season with Piacenza.

The autumn season was absolutely outstanding, probably the best i have ever had in any FM game.

I have used tactics in the following way:

Rainmaker v2 always starter @ home.

S&S v2 always starter @ away.

Rainmaker overload when chasing a lead. This is something i created myself. It is otherwise just like Rainmaker v2, but mentality is "Overload" and Full Backs are on Attack Duty.

This is how the autumn went:

jbsh.jpg

7nps.jpg

January has often been the time of season when problems start, interesting to see how it goes this time.

Just finished our first season in the skrill premier. tipped to be relegated at the start but after a strong start to the league it set us up for a top half finish and nearly a place in the play-offs. onwards and upwards next year, a few new players to strengthen the team and add depth we should push for the play-offs again

20ucoar.png

I have now reached January in my first season with Piacenza.

The autumn season was absolutely outstanding, probably the best i have ever had in any FM game.

I have used tactics in the following way:

Rainmaker v2 always starter @ home.

S&S v2 always starter @ away.

Rainmaker overload when chasing a lead. This is something i created myself. It is otherwise just like Rainmaker v2, but mentality is "Overload" and Full Backs are on Attack Duty.

This is how the autumn went:

jbsh.jpg

7nps.jpg

January has often been the time of season when problems start, interesting to see how it goes this time.

That's plain ridiculous!

That's plain ridiculous!

I have to agree on that :D Your tactics have always worked well for me, but this time they are perfect.

The midfielder i posted earlier in this thread (Gastón Brugman) has been absolutely brilliant. He has created a lot of goals, scored some also and almost never gets under 7 rating.

Just played first match for spring season. 4-1 home win against Pro Vercelli. Gastón Brugman got 9.0 rating on that one :D

Funniest news clip was on December, apparently we already broke the Serie C1/A goal scoring record on December...

One thing to note on my current team.

My team has only 4 players with acceleration lower than 10. And two of those players are goalkeepers. So, my field players are all pretty quick to get in to pace. That has certainly helped with defending and also creating opportunities. I have 6 players with acceleration 14 or more, which is pretty lethal for Serie C.

attacking corner near post put player list as follows gk default dr &dl stay back cd attack near post & near post flick on dm on goal keeper midfeild 3 go forward,lurk outside and attack ball from deep then 2 strikers stand on far post and attack far post now defending corner dr&dl on posts 2 cd on mark tall player dm also on tall player 3 cm on go back cf on close down corner and stay forword

After losing my save game with Anderlecht close to the end of the 1st season (which happened to me twice now :s) I'll give this one more try, this time with Boston Utd in the Skrill North. I'll start with a pilgrimage :D

Good luck, mate. I'm currently in the Championship, about to finish mid-table in my first season. I'm a Boston fan, in fact I'm the Boston researcher :D

Having my best season yet with this tactics set now with Barca.

Now before anyone says "its barcelona", this is not the all conquering current Barca side. This is season 6 in the game, Barca have not won a single title since the game started and the squad was rotten when i joined. Barely a single big name signing in 6 years (Lloris in goal the only worthy of mention), lots of huge earners who have aged and dropped off massively (Mascherano and Fabregas were barely championship level and earning £375K per week between them). Busquets and Pique are on the wrong side of 30 but still good enough.

I brought in £80million through player sales and spent £109million rebuilding the team, and with this tactics set my current season record stands at:

League:

Played 16

Won 15

Drawn 1 (v Real madrid, away, first game of the season!)

Lost 0

Scored 47

Conceded 9

We are 11pts clear at xmas

Cups

Played 10 (super cup, Europa, Spanish Cup)

Won 8

Drawn 2 (both with my reserves in Europa v a polish team!

Scored 22

Conceded 3

In summary, we havent lost all season.

Messi has 28 in 22 games now, clearly he is absolutely key but you do need a tactic to get the best out of him, and this one does. Even Xavi, who is about to turn 39 and physically shot, has scored 2 and assited 3 in limited (euro and cups) gametime!

So I'm 11 games in since "returning to the fold". So far, 7 wins, 4 losses. An ok record, but I can at least understand how the losses came about. 1 was using a different tactic (forced by injuries and suspensions, meaning I couldn't get 3 CM's out!), 1 was an FA Cup game to QPR (1 league above), lost 2-1 at home, their goals being an absolute world-class shot from about 25 yards out by Taraabt, which I can't begrudge, and the other one of those stupid own goals from a corner. The other 2 were losses away to the teams that were 2nd & 3rd at the point I played them (and of those, one was only lost because of that thing the ME does where the keeper runs out miles, passes it the FB, who miscontrols into the path of the opposition striker who then takes full advantage of the open goal gaping in front of them).

As it is, with about 17 games to go, I'm sitting 5th - I think the games against the top teams have shown there to be a bit of a gulf in ability between them and my cash-strapped Scunthorpe squad. I'm hoping to stay in the play-off hunt, and either squeak promotion that way, or if not, a bit of summer rebuilding, and go again next season.

That said, the financial position of the club is very poor, still can't get the board to offer me a new contract, so if I get linked with any higher division jobs that come up I may investigate the opportunity further........

can i ask what is your preference for free kick takers ie inswinger right hand side left foot, left hand side right foot, or outswinger right hand side right foot and left hand side left foot, same goes for corners?

I personally prefer outswingers, just not sure if tactic suits one or the other?

Finished my first season as Mallorca using solely these two tactics, and well, these screens speak for themselves:

1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage

Brief background: I started unemployed with no rep. Mallorca hired me halfway through the first season. Got them up right away, and barely survived the second year. Then 3 straight years at 5th before falling off to 10th. I felt like I had a really good team but no tactics (downloaded and cusom made) were really able to unlock this team. Well, this one did. Went on a run of 10 straight wins at one point.

This is my team, with my first choice players filled in:

1024x640.resizedimage

My CF scored the most goals and what I loved was how awesome my FBs were. I had two more than good ones, I thought, (Mendy, Medaglia) but they always under produced. Not anymore. The CF(A) always was constantly getting forward and was at the start of a large percentage of scoring moves.

Overall I loved it and I look forward to taking it to the CL.

First season with Piacenza in the bag.

Spring season had a bit more challenges as we were hit by pretty bad injury streak. Had to pull some of my "not needed" players from the reserves to get enough players to fill the squad.

That didn't seem to have much effect on results though.

This is how the spring season went:

soee.jpg

Here is the final league table:

xa5d.jpg

And here the season stats:

xqct.jpg

It seems that my prediction about team strength was pretty accurate pre-season. I have quite many players with current ability "good for Serie B", even a few "leading for Serie B".

So, it seems that for next season i can go pretty much with the same team, only a few additions needed.

Thanks Uwe, after 3 seasons in the prem with Truro(4th,1st,1st) using rainmaker v1, other top teams have started using 4-1-3-2 against me and a lot of games seem 50/50s, will give v2 a go and will let you know how it goes after a full season.

Archived