FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adnan Januzaj

You've all got your own games and would love to see how you're playing him, where, what roles and how he is performing for you.

I've been playing him as an 'enganche' in a two AM set up and he's incredible. I'm into the 4th season and he's performing better than ever, has 17 assists so far in the BPL after 16 games, he's going to smash the assist record :D.

Not sure how link images in here anymore, not done it in a few years :D

Attributes - http://gyazo.com/7006f4ad8810e62d9320556af24204b3

History - http://gyazo.com/5d265853468e8de26b70b1865f302183

Could always set yourself the challenge that you're only allowed to use players generating from the youth system?

----

Ended up started again after having a play around to get used to the feel of the game again!

Signed Mitrovic, Balanta, Souttar and Zivkovic - shipped out Cleverley and a whole host of players on loan.

Into October at the minute but performing really well. Gave James Wilson his debut in a Champs League Group Stage game against Basle; he came on at half-time and finished with a hat-trick! Will post an update at the end of the season!

nice !

I started again and tried not sign the same players like i did the first save.

Sold Lindegard, Amos, Buttner, Valencia,Young, Varela

Bought Zivkovic and Cerci for the U21/19

Bought Romero , Perrin(GK) , Balanta, Hughes, Werner and Volland

All under 21 players so i'm rebuilding.

Now trying to sign Barbosa and one player with expierence : Khedira

Missed out on Bazoer and Nouri (ajax) and the young player from Schalke .

Fired up a Utd Save and will focus on youth players. But it appears that none of the actual Utd youth players will be apart of my plans going forward. They all look average at best, I will loan most of for the first season and keep track of progress but I don't hold much hope.

I would there is about 3/4 players that I might keep but the rest not too sure. James Wilson, Josh Harrop, Tyler Blackett and Anderas Pereira. Is there any others that develop well?

Just out of curiosity, how much do United start with? Also, can you sign Doria/Balanta etc or is that problem still there where they won't talk to you once having a bid accepted?

I was given 12m to start but asked for more and they gave me over 30

I signed Balanta for somewhere about 10m

I think the last patch tweaked the AI where a player would want to join but then not discuss a contract.

I was given 12m to start but asked for more and they gave me over 30

I signed Balanta for somewhere about 10m

I think the last patch tweaked the AI where a player would want to join but then not discuss a contract.

Cool, thanks for that, I'm 7 seasons in so far (spanning back from an early patch), but tempted in re-starting on the latest update.

Cool, thanks for that, I'm 7 seasons in so far (spanning back from an early patch), but tempted in re-starting on the latest update.

No problem at all. I must admit i am enjoying playing my man u game that i have started. Mata is good and Januzaj has been beefed up quite a bit. It was the moyes sacking that made me think about doing another Man U game haha !

yea I made a new save with January update, because my main was broke and enjoyed having Mata, problem has been that a lot of teams want more mony for thier players, shaw was quoted £53m Alaba was a no go, Bernard was £50m....

The quotes on FM14 are crazy! Even for average players ..

Fired up a Utd Save and will focus on youth players. But it appears that none of the actual Utd youth players will be apart of my plans going forward. They all look average at best, I will loan most of for the first season and keep track of progress but I don't hold much hope.

I would there is about 3/4 players that I might keep but the rest not too sure. James Wilson, Josh Harrop, Tyler Blackett and Anderas Pereira. Is there any others that develop well?

Janko and Ben pearson developed quite well in my save. Janko my first choice right wing back ranked above Rafael after 6 seasons. Obviously you will need tutoring

yea I made a new save with January update, because my main was broke and enjoyed having Mata, problem has been that a lot of teams want more mony for thier players, shaw was quoted £53m Alaba was a no go, Bernard was £50m....

Yeah they seem to have upped the asking price for a few , i was quoted about 50m+ for shaw but managed to get him signed in the first window for a 26m deal eventually .

2014/15 REVIEW

Line up (Tactics used from Seatons invincibles)

GK - De Gea

DR - Rafael

DC - Caulker

DC - Ferdinand

LB - Shaw

CM - Verratti

CM - Romero

AMR - Chamberlain

AMC - Rooney

AML - El Shaarawy

SC - RVP

Transfer Window in January:

Out: Jones, Welbeck and Januzai a bunch of loans total 73mil

In: El Shaarawy, Mandzukic, Batshuayi £171mil.

I picked up El Shaarawy in excess of 100mil mainly over installments as the long-term successor for Mata, I anticipate losing Mata and RVP over the summer!

Pre-season given 87mil and 3mil for wages

Performance:

Premier League - Champions

Champions League - Champions

FA Cup - Winners

Capital one Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners

World Club Cup - Winners

A clean sweep this season my aim for 2015/16 season is to win the champions league and the league 3 years running!

Giggs now under 21 assistant manager and now retired from playing!

Zouma will be replacing Rio this season in defence.

I will preview 2015/16 season once pre-season is over!

yea, my scouts told me that, they keep asking for 50m

93B8002B2ACB5B8B7AE1EAD2A118912F861DE6E7

Balanta had a shocker, conceded the pen as well, the OG was from thier Free kick... which is annoying. was an odd game. not much happened, then Suddenly 2 3 and 4 went in.

he got dropped for the next game

2346BE3B4174C728F649035B3389CF2CEA963DE5

destroyed Watford at home. once Lars scored a worldie all was fine.

well apart from this Injury

stupid game keeps throwing them at me, Robben injured and Diego costa, Kagawa overexerted himself in the weights room, Pjanics shoulder dislocated, couldn't even play DDG cos he got food poisoning....

98850885FBDEBB56929BA39EACCBFCD27B4EE06C

also gave a Debut to Zivkovic, he had one dissalowed for offside at the end though :(

still there is Mata and Gauld to go on the right, and Valencia to cover the right until Adnans gash is healed.

How do you actually manage to sell players? I've got Young, Nani and Cleverley all on transfer list but no one interested. Surely someone should be?

If PSG and Chelsea don't don't spend much Cleverley normally goes for very decent money. A loan for young is the best you can hope for some times. Is Nani injured that could be why but I've never tried to sell him.

Newcastle usualy come in and take one of them off your hands.

yea Nani is injured, which doesnt help.

although so far I have told PSG and Monaco to go away

33m each on Rafeal and Januzaj, PSG keep trying to buy Evra, got an offer of over 20m for Jones as well.

yet they wont bid on the rubbish.

more wins. team seems to be getting these.

1C679D345344B5CC7085087B6AF42308D739CAB6

great win, game was tight until that 2nd goal

and after that thrashing..... Wigan.....

A0FA5F8356E9DA65B1A6428F19CD1693F8883228

2 set pieces they score from, a telling off at half time and 45 minutes later :D

D712F055F5B22B562E5B9075925391242F8A84AF

class of 92 as coaches.

A3B2C3BFBC9EE5D9350F2D3CA156A5F1F3FF1AEB

RvP had some fun.

242A6E34C481837CB4CBE4B8DA849B901C908F78

played the away tactic by mistake, which is usualy bad at home, fortunatly scoring after 18 seconds gave me control of the game, before they could get a foothold.

Is there any way at all to convince Vidic to stay since the patch ? There seems to be no option to chat to him and ask him to stay.

He has done brilliantly , is my captain and likes me but it seems hardcoded or something now that he leave no matter what.

I upset Evra for fining him.

1B2D40C60958A90DAD05337B5207307B4B93A84B

dunno what he has to complain about, he clattered the guy after the ball had gone by a good 2 seconds for his 2nd yellow.

I came to realize fining players will only cause more unrest. Decided to stick with issuing warnings from then on :)

sell, its Nani ffs.

Haha , i ALWAYS sell him as fast as possible normally but he has been really good in this game for some reason .

However i accepted it and sold him while bringing in Tom Ince for free as a young english backup instead.

onwards into december I go, me and Chelsea steamrolling the league

steaming through my Champions league group as well

244C01C62F36AFC6BB57695516634E4B1F33A2BC

6C1BEFB7B7690E8C929832230F64C22D0CD4F595

had to rest players and my long winning run came to end with a 1-1 at Anfield, where I played Gauld and Zivkovic (who scored)

BDF426DA3804DEEC156184AD12C78F2388FE9694

stupid OG, Rafeal cleared the ball off the line... into Fellaini, had complete control of the game.

still a win and 4 points clear of Chelsea after 15 games. they had got to within a point of me because of the Anfield draw :(

0DF291B74082096E37F3A2F61DFC9E0C91BB93F4

2E36A62AFEC24654605E2C6D2355642FE9EEA579

won this

2464E873CA74E9DD301D948EBA79CBE42FACD34D

so yea, Transfer window...... and nothing to spend :(, still told FC Bayern to shove off, after bidding £32m for Balanta and £10.5m for Doria, as good as that cash is, I would rather have the players

after a 0-0 draw with cardiff made me lose the lead in the League, was not holding much hope for these cup games.

981E14ED67275063BDB4248F08EBD60F2FE0C309

E76046682F15DF106AEB927EE90C01A3808DA09C

o and :D

7D16C1A650DA992BDE1583B83F8973E6C81B8648

brought RVP off at 60 minutes, was avoiding him getting a 2nd yellow as he had 2 players tight on him all game, brought on Diego Costa... so it paied off, completly destroyed them

932262423947EB11956BFE5154218B6A90A7CCE5

half season(ish) table, and do not adjust your eyes, that is Wigan in 5th (they beat City to get there as well :lol:)

To give myself a challenge with Man U i had set myself some rules about how i would manage them.

First season i could only sign 4 players and all had to be under 20.

I bought fairly well here i feel

Luke Shaw

Balanta

Jonathan Silva

Timo Werner

I won the league by beating 2nd place Chelsea with 3 or 4 games to go which confirmed me as champions ( nice way to do it )

Second season things are tougher, i am only allowed to spend upto 4m and the players players must be English.

Gareth Barry

Tom Ince

Phil Jagielka 3.8m ( Everton got Vidic on a free :( )

I think for the foreseeable future now it will be only players who come through my own youth academy for the next 4 or 5 seasons, maybe i will allow one signing from somewhere every 2 years, not sure !

Sadly with these rules i have imposed on myself i don't see me being able to defend my crown this year, we are 24 games through and Chelsea have won every single match apart from 1 draw !!

I am 10 points behind after a couple of poor draws and a shock 2-1 defeat to Nottm Forest that saw me have 28 shots at goal and they had 4 !!

The only bright side to this season was PSG bid me 32m for Nani so that was a nice bit of income even though i won't be spending it!

Ferdinand and Giggs have both announced their retirements at the end of the season and with fletcher/carrick etc again there will be lots of football for the youngsters in the next couple of years.

I sort of dipped out of this save for a while, but am back in again now.

Now in February of season six, and I've reverted to a very normal 4-1-2-2-1.

My policy of kicking out "real" players was accelerated by Balanta wanting "a new challenge". Paris St-Germain and Everton (!) vied for his signature, with the Paris outfit winning. That's £35m for a guy we paid £8m for at the start - a fair return.

We still have 8/9 real players who I want to get rid of, but I don't actually have many newgens lined up to replace them at the moment.

Bayern are sniffing around Januzaj and I've batted back a couple of £40m+ offers so far, and have increased his asking price to £60m.

I'll happily let him go for £50m or so, as I've got a kid on loan at Fiorentina who can replace him.

Barbosa is playing phenomenally well, but has Madrid and Barcelona interested.

Again, I've got a replacement lined up (on loan at Premier League Brighton, and scoring relatively freely in spite of them being rooted to the foot of the table).

Where I'll struggle to replace, is at full back.

I've still got Peruzzi, Rafael and Grimaldo here.

I've only seen one decent CWB newgen in my six seasons (La Foglia, who alternates with Grimaldo). I might have to scoop up a couple of "less decent" ones, and hope that first team exposure sees them develop well.

Doria and Jones are still in the squad, but I'm pretty confident about replacing them in time, as we're already using two newgens to rotate with them, plus have one on the bench. DCs don't seem hard to come by on my save, and I make sure that they are all-rounders - capable of playing up in the Anchor Role as and when required.

well a turn around, was behind Chelsea, they lost 2 games, so I'm top by 3 points, I was behind them by 3 points with a game in hand and on goal differance, I won 6-0, Chelsea lost 3-0

keep turning down Bids on Doria and Alveraz Balanta from Real Madrid and F.C Bayern of 31m and 32.5m

they dont match my asking price yet continue

9777A4703FADBFDC4857D2FB1BDF7F5B26C01910

good enough i would presume

7CC15CA32DCB1FB23E4853695B7D8CEAA5B4F1BE

What's people thoughts on Adnan's best position/role? I play a 4-2-3-1 with the AMC being an adv. playmaker and AMR as inside forward and Adnan can fit into both I'm just wondering what's best to train him as? I'm currenlty thinking AMC and training him as an adv. playmaker as I want him to be the focal point of my team, any thoughts?

My reserves have just lost the 2014/2015 FA Cup semi-final after 21 penalties each lol !!!!

Final score was 19-18 against Swansea , Ben Amos appeared to get beaten through his legs from the spot an astonishing 4 times!

I dunno, Adnan does well wherever i put him, so hard to tell where exactly is a good place for him.

037338CA2F141E3FE48314020150A14844393201

Fellaini doing what he should be doing IRL, and powering in headers :D

BD29A2AEC42D13406A69A03FF9641B1477FDC1E6

earlier on in the season i was wonderign why I signed Lars over Sven... now i see why.

2013/14 REVIEW

Regular Line up

GK - De Gea

DR - Rafael

DC - Jones

DC - Vidic

LB - Evra

CM - Carrick

CM - Fellaini

AMR - Valencia

AMC - Kagawa / Januzaj

AML - Mata

SC - Rooney /RVP

Summer Transfer Window:

Out: Tom Cleverley £13m (Chelsea), Javier Hernandez £20m (Spurs), Alex Buttner £7.5m (Southampton), Ashley Young £5m (Newcastle). Total: £45.5m

In: John Souttar £2.5m, Ryan Gauld £7m, Michy Batashuayi £6.75m, Andrew Robertson £6.5m, Jordy Clasie £9.75m, Jon Williams £10m. Total: £42.5m

First window I tried to get rid of as many players as I could that I had no plan on using and that were on quite high wages and bring in young replacements who would fill the bench just as well. As well as signing a few new centre mids that I planned on bringing through in to the first team gradually over the first 2/3 seasons.

January Transfer Window:

Out: Anders Lindegaard £2m (Kuban Krasnodar)

In: Oliver Berg £600k (5* regen striker)

Sold Lindegaard as he hadn't played a single minute for me in the league and at £40k a week I could definitely have been doing with the money in the bank rather than his..

Performance:

Premier League - Champions

Champions League - Semi Final (5-2 agg loss to winners Barcelona)

FA Cup - Final (2-1 extra time loss to Chelsea)

Capital One Cup - Fourth Round (2-1 loss to Chelsea)

Community Shield - Winners (3-1 win over Wigan)

Pleased to have won the league this season as it was fairly tight until the last two weeks when runners up and long time leaders Spurs crumbled. Although we had a very poor performance in the League Cup I will still take positives out of the cup runs we had and in season 14/15 I plan on bringing home more than just the league title...

How often does the debt amount get updated on the Information screen? Is it monthly or annually, like around new financial year time? Just wondering as the club are paying £10.7m a month but the debt amount is still at £300m.

How often does the debt amount get updated on the Information screen? Is it monthly or annually, like around new financial year time? Just wondering as the club are paying £10.7m a month but the debt amount is still at £300m.

I'm in June 2015 and my debt shows to be at 193m if that's any help !

I'm in June 2015 and my debt shows to be at 193m if that's any help !
You're 10 months ahead of me I think. £193m sounds about right. Just wondering when the figure actually changes. :)

I decided to liven my save up, by kicking out good "real" players far too early, and replacing them with "potential".

Here's my transfer window at the close of season five:

man-utd_-transfers-transfer-history.png

Rafael leads the exit list, and he's replaced by Cleitinho. He's an Anchor rather than a CWB, but he can and will become very good, and has all the core attributes I need.

Unfortunately, he has played for 2 teams in Brazil this season, so I can't use him until December :(

rafael_-comparison.png

Peruzzi was kicked out too, meaning I need two new right backs, and his replacement is more controversial.

Lopez is a winger who needs to be retrained, and his marking and positioning are dreadful. Probably dropped a ball by picking this guy, but time will tell.

gino-peruzzi_-comparison.png

ter Stegen was still young, but I really wanted to make stuff difficult, so he followed Rafael to P-SG.

His replacement was signed last year, and whilst he is inferior to the German at first glance, when you look back, you realise he has a chance to kick on and do well.

marc-andrc3a9-ter-stegen_-comparison.png

I'm tempted to really make things hard, by offloading Pogba and Jones too. Indeed, Jones would have gone were Cleitinho not ineligible until December. His replacement has been signed, and is coming off the bench regularly. Yet again, he is inferior to his "original", but this guy has bundles of potential and will be fine.

paupol-kawende_-comparison.png

Pogba is a huge guy to replace, but this chap was picked up for big bucks from Anderlecht. More of a DLP than an Anchor, but arguably already better than Pogba for the Role I want to use him in. Pogba is still with us and still starts, but Menard is coming off the bench each game.

stc3a9phane-menard_-comparison.png

EDIT - Have just sold Gabriel Barbosa to Bayern, for the biggest amount I can recall having in FM. £12m upfront, £60m over 30 months (!)

Another "real" player sold :D

nice sale.

A393F601666BAFB06B3D29B45853ECEB15A9DCC7

not a player I wanted to sell, but that sort of money for him won't come around again, I have no shortage of strikers, although Henriquez got a broken leg right after the sale, while on loan at West Brom :( shame, he was looking good development wise, still Have Rooney, Diego Costa, Zivkovic, and Welbeck Available, with Hernandez, Barbosa and Henriquez on loan

Huge strain on my wage budget and Transfer Budget cleared though.

D9D382527618E787AC9BDD237C6425D3A3199BED

no real harm done

I retrained Adnan to AMR/AML... the guy is unstoppable as an inside forward. I can never get AMC's to work :( So don't use a formation with them.

Just had a quick check, in 24 games so far this season... Adnan as 21 goals and 16 assists (no set pieces). Happy with that from a wide man.

Triple Adnan post... but couldn't resist :D (He was obviously in the team as well)

41fffbfcac630d1df361693850e436eb.png

EDIT: Oh and this :D thanks Adnan, I appreciate all of those dedications.

b62b6cd805cbced6275848d3ee7a83a1.png

I retrained Adnan to AMR/AML... the guy is unstoppable as an inside forward.

Same here, causes all sorts of bother from the left for me.

He's next on my culling list. Bayern were interested and offering £50m regularly, but I reckon I can push them higher.

However, they have just bought Barbosa from me for £72m, so they might be strapped for cash for a while :D

My policy of replacing wheat with chaff is making season six more interesting.

In season four, we conceded just 15 goals all season. After 10 games in season six, we've already conceded 11 :)

On the plus side, we've netted 31 times, which is a good average by my standards.

The main reason for the dip in defensive performance is Lopez in post #1735. His marking and positioning are awful, and it's great to see me getting punished by him being out of position so often. He is improving slowly, and in spite of his defensive deficiencies, his attacking prowess (remember - he is a natural winger and still incompetent as a CWB) is leading to numerous assists.

I must be getting to the point soon where I can finally select Cleitinho. He's still ineligible having played for 2 Brazilian sides this season.

Unlike Lopez, he will have no issues slotting into a CWB Role, though he'll need to play a few games there to become familiar with the position (he's actually an Anchor Man). When he's available, I'll offload Jones. He's still only about 28, but is another "real" player I need to get off the books.

dunno, clubs just seem to filled with money, Real Madrid spent way over £100m, including the £35m all upfront, payments for RvP

still only got £12m of it as some went to fixing the stupidity of my DoF offering contracts to first teamers putting me over 100k/w over my wage budget.

B1A1B1931EF27C4234BC1A2F00070491091BE2BB

his 8th appearance and he scores.... 2... and then misses a Penalty

Archived