Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

katwijk_zps8c522447.jpg

Eredivisie - End of Season Update - 2015/16

2015/16 (Transfer screenshot taken straight after season was over)

Five players left the club on a free as they had no future at the club and it would not be beneficial to keep them here even as last resort players.We bought in seven players who are really young and were already better than the majority of the squad.Bakker was the big money signing and he was already ready for our 1st team.The others were borderline first team players but most of them are going to get 1st team action this season. (I didn't realise signings at the end of the season also come on this seasons transfers so I will show our new signings for next season in a separate post.)

Competitions

Eredivisie

League Table

What a phenomenal season as we came in 2nd place and clinched a Champions League spot despite finishing 20 points behind the champions PSV.Our defence was a bit dodgy at times but it improved as the season carried on,I think we were also helped that teams took their foot off the gas against us as we probably had the most late equalizers as eight of the eleven draws came from a losing position!We had a good attack which will be better next season and I've already scouted out my targets for next season which will improves us defensively so PSV better watch out in the future!The most surprising thing was the underachievement of AZ and Vitesse (Eredivisie Champs 2013/14 and 14/15!)Everything is to play for in the future and I reckon we will be real challenges for the title in 2-3 seasons time!

Dutch Cup

Quarter Finals

We had a much better run this season as we made it to the quarter finals.We beat Heracles 2-1 in the 2nd round courtesy of a late goal,the 3rd round saw us easily win 7-0 against Naaldwijk who were one of the weakest teams left in the competition.We beat Eredivisie competition in the form of NAC Breda as we ran out 4-1 winners in round 4.The quarter finals saw us up against PSV who fielded pretty much their B team but we gave them more of a battle and were pretty unlucky on the night.

Top Players

1.Jos Bakker - Golden Boot Winner

2.Mustafa Inan

3.Rene Schreuder

Youth Prospects 2015

Hakim El-Akchaoui

Aims For the Season

1.Strengthen the squad - Achieved

2.Upgrade facilities - Achieved

3.Increase scouting range - Achieved

4.Survival - Achieved

Aims For Next Season

1.Strengthen the squad

2.Upgrade facilities

3.Close the gap on PSV

4.Continental qualification via the league

5.Make some sort of impression in any of the European competitions!

Season       Division          League        Cup        Continental       Avg.Att         Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Jupiler League       1st        2nd Rnd         N/A             1714        Title Winners
2015/16     Eredivisie          2nd        Quarters        N/A             5371       CL Qualification!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers mate,he is going to be a star in the future if the teams interested are anything to go by!

Quite a tough start to our CL campaign

a8d05e2c-1f11-4827-b7cb-59fe67046325_zps9ed64606.png

At least it won't be freezing cold when we have to travel there!

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Season update 2027/28

League Final Standings

Well we finally confirmed our absolute dominance of the Bundesliga, with a perfect season :o and the top three goalscorers in the league to boot. Can’t ask for more and that’s all the domestic aims met for myself this challenge. Now to focus on Europe and play the kids in the league.

The cup wasn’t quite as successful, but we still made it to the semi final where a run of a game every two days finally caught up with us against league runners up Wiener Neustadt.

Here were our results:

Round 1: ASK Hirm 0-4 FAC – Stanojev, Gmeiner, Lange

Round 2: Austria Klagenfurt 1-4 FAC – Schwarz, Serna, Pingoto, Gmeiner

Round 3: FAC 3-1 SV Ried – Grafl, Pingoto, Gmeiner

¼ Final: FAC 2-0 RB Salzburg – Grafl, Schwarz

½ Final: Wiener Neustadt 2-1 FAC -- Gmeiner

We’re getting dominant in the Champion’s League Group Stage now, with a perfect group taking us into the knockouts, with some fantastic results along the way.

Our results:

FAC 4-0 Galatasaray – del Real, Martinovic, Serna, Gmeiner

SLB 1-4 FAC – Lopez x2, Martinovic, Serna

AC Milan 1-5 FAC – Serna, Marcao x2, Bayer x2

FAC 2-0 AC Milan – Martinovic x2

Galatasaray 1-6 FAC – Serna, Marcao x2, Lopez x3

FAC 5-0 SLB – Marcao x2, Martinovic x3

Completely unsurprisingly, this took us into the knockout stages, where we would face Shakhtar in the first round, one of the weaker teams, which was nice. First up was the away leg, which thanks to Martinovic, Djordjevic and a Dahm penalty, we won 3-1 and took a handy lead back to Vienna. The home leg was even more comfortable, with a 5-2 win putting us through, Serna (x2), Djordjevic and Jhonatas getting the goals in addition to an OG.

Next up were the boys of Atlético Madrid, with the away leg again coming first. Another 3-1 first leg win put us in command, with Dahm, Lopez, and del Real giving us the lead. A 2-2 draw at home put us through but the interesting thing was that this was our first game that didn’t end in a victory all season. Lopez and Martinovic’s goals were enough to see us into a semi final against Man City though.

Sadly this is where the adventure for this season ends, again undone by an oil rich team. They smashed us 4-1 at home and a 3-2 away defeat just wasn’t good enough.

Transfers:

Big moves in: Adan Lopez on a free turned out to be a great signing up front, but the rest of the signings were mainly for the future.

Total spent: €23.5M

Big moves out: Nobody big moved out as we kept a relatively stable squad.

Total gained: €400k

Net profit: -€23.1M

The first XI at the end of the season:

GK: Nilo Eduardo (€2.4M from Pumas, 196 appearances, 73 clean sheets)

DR: Antonio (€165k from Fluminense, 252 appearances, 10 goals)

DC: Erik del Real (€8.75M from Monterrey, 203 appearances, 29 goals)

DC: Andrija Djordjevic (€3.5M from Lokomotiv Moscow, 319 appearances, 43 goals)

DL: Juan Manuel Fuentes (€30M from Chivas, 121 appearances, 2 goals)

MC: Jürgen Dahm (€34M from HSV, 120 appearances, 20 goals)

MC : Christopher Bayer (€725k from SV Ried, 331 appearances, 42 goals)

AMR: Marcao (€15M from Monterrey, 136 appearances, 77 goals)

AML: Alfredo Serna (€29.5M from Getafe, 130 appearances, 53 goals) rotated with Miroslav Stanojev (€10M from Inter, 48 appearances, 21 goals)

ST: Nikola Martinovic (€900k from Maribor, 311 appearances, 139 goals)

ST: Adán Lopez (Free transfer, 37 appearances, 25 goals)

Top scorer: Nikola Martinovic. The Slovenian striker is back on top of the goalscorers list but it was a tough fight between him, Marcao, and Lopez for the top scorer prize. 28 goals was a great return considering the way the goals were shared. Notable mentions: Marcao (24), Adán Lopez (25), Stanojev (16) and Serna (13).

Best player: Marcao. Setting all kinds of records this season, with an average rating of over 8 in the Bundesliga. In addition to his 24 goals he got an incredible 38 assists, a truly ridiculous amount considering he doesn’t even take most of the set pieces.

Youth prospects:

Felix Flechl: 16 appearances and 6 clean sheets for the young man mostly at the end of the season deputising for Nilo Eduardo.

Josef Bader: Made 13 appearances for us in the first half of the season with 1 goal, before moving to Sturm Graz on loan where he made a further 15 appearances. Looks like he’ll be a solid Bundesliga player but not much more.

Felix Horn: 20 appearances and 2 goals, but his potential isn’t fantastic. He’ll do as a Bundesliga backup though.

Marco Gmeiner: 18 starts, 23 sub appearances and 11 goals to go with 8 assists. He’s still one of the more promising players in the team.

Finances: Not looking fantastic as the prize money isn’t keeping up with the high wages we have to pay to compete.

Average attendance: 30563 (of 31750) with 4 sellouts. Similar to last year basically,

Next season: Start to bring in more youth players into the league team and hopefully pull off a Champions League.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup          |  Europe  |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15  | Erste Liga|   5[size=1]th[/size]     | R2           |   N/A     |    Ingo Klemen (10)
2015/16  | Erste Liga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3          |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (25)
2016/17  | Bundesliga |   8[size=1]th[/size]     | R2         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (17)
2017/18  | Bundesliga |   3[size=1]rd[/size]     | SF         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (30)
2018/19  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3         |   EPL      |   Pedro Goncalves (20)
2019/20  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F         |   CG      |   Pedro (30)
2020/21  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK1      |   Pedro (31)
2021/22  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | SF        |   CG      |   Pedro (24)
2022/23  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3        |   CG/EK2      |   Pedro (41)
2023/24  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK2      |   Lukas Höhn (37)
2024/25  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F        |   CSF               |   Nikola Martinovic (22)
2025/26  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CQF               |   Nikola Martinovic (27)
2026/27  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CF               |   Marcao (28)
2027/28  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | SF        |   CSF               |   Nikola Martinovic (28)

BK_Olympic.pngBK OLYMPIC (2016, Swedish Second Div. SG - fourth tier)

After last season's heartbreak (losing out on the title by a goal difference of one to the rivals with a home loss in the last round...) the board wanted us up. I knew we'd better go up otherwise we're in deep crap financially.

Otherwise we're just in mid-deep crap.

My backup right-back was bought (money! \o/), the off-season deals were not too dramatic - I signed a striker and a universal defender. The latter was the final jigsaw as he instantly gelled with the other defenders and they formed a mean backline, which was a foundation of success. As our strikers failed to have any impact, this was vital in the first part of the season - we were grinding out victories and went on top after 7 rounds. We lost the top spot for one game but regained it and stayed on top from round 9 to the very end, securing the title with a 5-1 victory with one game to go. \o/ Out of this frozen hell!

The special feature of the season was that any time a striker of mine had a good burst of form, he was duly injured after scoring 3 times in a row. I was pulling my hair out. This meant my left winger was the top scorer with a grand total of 6 goals :D The revelation of the season was my right back, Michael Werner, whom I signed for his good physical abilities back when he was 16 - he had a breakout season and was absolutely immense in the attacking full-back role.

Patrik Burda watch: he struggled with injuries, couldn't hit a barn from 2 yards out and when he finally got in form he duly broke his arm.

THE SQUAD (starters in bold)

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD=width: 120]Position[/TD]

[TD=width: 78]Games[/TD]

[TD=width: 78]Goals[/TD]

[TD=width: 78]Assists[/TD]

[TD=width: 78]Avg. Rating[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Johan Mårtensson [/TD]

[TD]GK [/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.91 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Patrik Jackiewic[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]1 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mikael Werner [/TD]

[TD]D ® [/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.00 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Adam Johansson [/TD]

[TD]D (RC) [/TD]

[TD]25 (1) [/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.94 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mirza Bergqvist [/TD]

[TD]D (RLC) [/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.95 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Alex Berlin[/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]2 (5)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.50[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Filip Jankulovski[/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]13 (3)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.81[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Erik Persson[/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Johan Falkesäter [/TD]

[TD]D/M (L) [/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.92 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tommi Saarinen[/TD]

[TD]D (L)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.60[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Samuel Brännvall[/TD]

[TD]M (RL)[/TD]

[TD]6 (11)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.58[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Milan Sekulic[/TD]

[TD]DM, M ©[/TD]

[TD]8 (7)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.66[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fredrik Crépin [/TD]

[TD]M © [/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.07[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Joakim Persson [/TD]

[TD]M © [/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.94 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rickard Rosdahl [/TD]

[TD]DM, M/AM © [/TD]

[TD]16 (6) [/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.73 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Axel Marklund[/TD]

[TD]M/AM ©[/TD]

[TD]2 (2)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Andreas Ohlsson[/TD]

[TD]DM, M (RC)[/TD]

[TD]0 (2)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jens Barchan[/TD]

[TD]M ©[/TD]

[TD]4 (4)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.72[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tommy Nilsson[/TD]

[TD]M/AM ©[/TD]

[TD]0 (3)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.63[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Robin Kjellberg [/TD]

[TD]M (L) [/TD]

[TD]23 (2) [/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.00 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Roman Barbaric[/TD]

[TD]M/AM (L)[/TD]

[TD]2 (2)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.60[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Blerim Mullici [/TD]

[TD]AM (RC), ST © [/TD]

[TD]24 (2) [/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]6.96 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Pontus Larsson[/TD]

[TD]AM (L), ST ©[/TD]

[TD]4 (10)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.80[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Patrik Burda [/TD]

[TD]AM (RL), ST © [/TD]

[TD]7 (7) [/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.00 [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kim Jeppsson [/TD]

[TD]ST ©[/TD]

[TD]9 (5)[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.79[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Romario Hulea[/TD]

[TD]ST ©[/TD]

[TD]10 (8)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.71 [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Cup: Lost a good match against 3rd div. opposition with a back-up team on penalties. I wasn't bothered.

TABLE

PAST POSITIONS

TRANSFERS

Season | League | Position | Cup | Europe | Top scorer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 | SWE 2nd Div SG | 3rd | N/A | N/A | Patrik Burda (14)

2015 | SWE 2nd Div SG | 2nd | R1 | N/A | Blerim Mullici (7)

2016 | SWE 2nd Div SG | 1st | R1 | N/A | Robin Kjellberg (6)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After several lower league games in England (with minimal success) I need to get out of there so am going to give this a crack I think.

Will likely be starting as IK Tord in Sweden. I have actually visited IK Tord's town of Jonkoping and have a family connection there so they seem like a good fit. Also not many seem to be managing in Sweden this year and from what I can tell no one at all is managing IK Tord so that makes them unique I guess.

After several lower league games in England (with minimal success) I need to get out of there so am going to give this a crack I think.Will likely be starting as IK Tord in Sweden. I have actually visited IK Tord's town of Jonkoping and have a family connection there so they seem like a good fit. Also not many seem to be managing in Sweden this year and from what I can tell no one at all is managing IK Tord so that makes them unique I guess.
Sounds like great reason to pick Tord. Best of luck in Sweden.

elACULc.png

Korsvoll - season 2019

League - injuries were a problem this season, still we finished 5th place and advanced to the promotion playoff where we weren't able to hold a 2-0 lead.

Cup - a disappointing performance since I didn't even field a weak lineup.

Squad (Transfers) - the squad is good for this level, but in order to push for promotion we need to bring more quality.

Finances - stable, although the stadium is finally being expanded due to league regulations and that will cost us almost €800k.

Key Player Profiles:

Leif Arne Luhkkár - our investment in junior coaching and youth recruitment is starting to have results at first squad level, with this youth product having an impressive season.

Thomas Jacobsen - he wasn't always at a good level but his goals and assists were precious.

Emmanuel Amarh - somehow he managed to be our top scorer despite two periods of 10 straight hours without scoring.

Career Overview

Season    Division        Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------
2014      2. Divisjon     4th
2015      2. Divisjon     3rd
2016      2. Divisjon     2nd
2017      2. Divisjon     1st          Promotion
2018      Adeccoligaen    10th
2019      Adeccoligaen    5th

Next Season

The stadium will be a big step for us, invreasing our capacity from 300 to 1700. In the meantime we have to carefully manage our finances and bring in some good players to help us get into promotion places.

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Season update 2028/29

League Final Standings

Not as strong in the Bundesliga this year but in fairness, I’ve achieved everything I can there so a lot of the kids got lots of playing time, plus because of our Champions League run everything sort of got sandwiched in at the end so I had to play the kids. Still a comfortable title win though.

The cup was another casualty of the Champions League run. We made it through to the semi finals easily, and then to the final, but with so many kids playing the final was a step too far. A good achievement though considering our quarter final team was made up of about 5 players making their debut.

Here were our results:

Round 1: SV Neuberg 0-6 FAC – Gaucho, Adam, Fuhrmann, Hintersteiner x2, Horn

Round 2: FC Bergheim 0-3 FAC – Martinovic, Sadjak, Brezina

Round 3: FAC 3-0 SCR Altach – Stanojev x2, del Real

¼ Final: FC Admira 1-2 FAC – OG, Braun

½ Final: RB Salzburg 0-8 FAC – Marcao x3, Martinovic x2, Schwarz, Brezina, del Real

Another dominant group stage performance, even in a group containing the likes of Lyon and Bayern put us through to the knockouts.

Our results:

FAC 2-0 Dinamo – Dahm, Stanojev

Bayern 2-5 FAC – Lopez, Marcao, del Real, Dahm, Schwarz

Lyon 1-4 FAC – Ernst, Marcao, Martinovic, Schwarz

FAC 6-1 Lyon – Marcao x3, Stanojev, Dahm, Fuentes

Dinamo 1-4 FAC – Dahm, Marcao, Bayer, Lopez

FAC 2-2 Bayern – Dimov, Brezina

Into the Knockouts again then, which is kind of the minimum expected now. First up were the surprise package of the group stage in Feyenoord. A strong 4-1 away win (Dahm x2, Marcao x2) followed by a 3-0 win at home (Martinovic, del Real, Marcao) made for a simple progression to the quarter finals.

We would play Real Madrid in the quarter finals, a tough ask but one I think we could meet after handling equivalent teams with ease in the past, albeit with a stronger team. A wonderful 2-1 win away from home, including the above linked wonder strike from Bayer put us in a good position, and we pulled off a great 4-2 home win thanks to a double from Martinovic, Bayer and a late goal from Marcao to put us into the semi finals.

FACTeamfuumlrWienvRMadrid_OverviewOverview_zps480247ff.png

Next up, Arsenal. The English giants were in a fierce title race with Man City so it wasn’t going to be easy, and after going 1-0 down early in London I was worried. Luckily Silvino Mercado managed to sneak in at the near post to equalise and give us a precious away goal in a 1-1 draw. I think it’s fair to say the home leg went better, as despite missing Dahm from an injury sustained before the Real Madrid games, we went 2-0 up thanks to Martinovic and Stanojev, before Arsenal pulled one back close to half time. In the second half Stanojev again gave us a two goal cushion, with Dahm’s replacement Peter Brezina getting the important 4th goal and a place in our second final!

FACTeamfuumlrWienvArsenal_OverviewOverview_zpscd666802.png

The final was against the oil giants of Man City, with PSG falling victim to Arsenal. I was worried, to be honest, as City had dominated against us every time we played them. Here was the starting line up:

GK: Nilo Eduardo

DR: Antonio

DC: Erik del Real

DC: Silvino Mercado

DL: Juan Manuel Fuentes

MC: Christopher Bayer ©

MC: Gabrijel Dimov

AMR: Marcao

AMC: Jürgen Dahm

AML: Miroslav Stanojev

ST: Nikola Martinovic

This was the formation we adapted midway through the season and it had worked well, but City still started the brighter and only a series of wonderful saves from Eduardo kept them at bay. We had our own chance as Mercado hit the post from an Antonio long throw, but in the main it was City making all the running.

City were finding tons of space through the middle and in answer to that, I made probably the change I am most proud of in all of my FM playing- Dimov dropped back to a Ball Winning Midfielder role in DM, with Dahm coming back to MC as a Box to Box Midfielder, hoping to provide more stability. This ended up effectively stemming the flow of City attacks, although Eduardo still had to make the odd great save.

With Dimov doing a brilliant job breaking up play in the middle, effectively nullifying City’s World Player of the Year AMC, they couldn’t get anything going and we nearly went ahead, Marcao going through and squaring for Dahm, but his shot was brilliantly saved.

After 90 minutes it was 0-0, so we’d go into extra time. A far cry from our last final where we were 5-1 down at this point. City nearly went ahead early on too, a corner being saved wonderfully by Eduardo. That was actually the last meaningful chance of extra time, as we more or less Chelsea’d our way to a penalty shoot out by parking the bus.

Penalty Shoot Out

City to go first…

First up is Herceg, a right winger, straight down the middle and parried away by Eduardo! I always like a goalkeeper with nil in the name…

For FAC it’s Dahm to step up…and he puts it right into the corner, you can always trust a German! 1-0!

City’s striker next, a great player, and he opts for power too…but again it’s right at Eduardo! 2 misses in a row and FAC are in the driving seat!

Gabrijel Dimov up next, the young man from the FAC academy who’s been a regular this season…goes for the opposite corner that Dahm tried, but same result. 2-0 to FAC!

Big penalty now for City, this could be all over soon…but it’s put into the net, no worries. Now that’s composure. 2-1 FAC and the fans from Vienna behind the goal are getting tense in Cardiff.

Peter Brezina now, a brave call considering the lad is only 18, but he looks confident. And he puts the ball into the net despite the keeper guessing right! It’s 3-1 and FAC are on the brink of history.

It’s David Ramsden, World Player of the Year…if ever there was a time to prove it this is it. If he misses, FAC win, if he scores…well FAC probably still win but it’ll be delayed. Here’s his run up, Eduardo goes the wrong way…but it’s past the post!!!!! FAC win!!!! Eduardo’s being crushed in a pile of blue shirts, the fans are going wild behind the goal, and are joined by half of the players in a mass of bodies. Eduardo Man of the Match for being a one man team at times as City pressed, but he kept a clean sheet and pulled off two saves in the shootout…can’t ask for more than that.

FACTeamfuumlrWienvManCity_OverviewOverview_zps3be3fe3d.png

Transfers:

Big moves in: Only one player in: potential world class left back Scharf from Rapid Wien for €7.5M

Total spent: €7.5M

Big moves out: Lots of players leaving us this year, including Serna, who joined Man City (and luckily didn’t come back to haunt us) for €17.5M. A few youth players also left for decent fees, Hintersteiner for €1.8M to Southampton and Hamader for €1M to TSV 1860 being the main ones. In January we made some serious money though, Jhonatas joined Flamengo for €9.25M, Djordjevic left for €2.5M, Pingoto (a free transfer which didn’t pan out) went for €4M, and the big one was Adan Lopez, whose €24M transfer fee was too good to turn down considering we had changed to a 1 striker formation

Total gained: €62.5M

Net profit: €55M

The first XI at the end of the season:

GK: Nilo Eduardo (€2.4M from Pumas, 229 appearances, 84 clean sheets)

DR: Antonio (€165k from Fluminense, 285 appearances, 13 goals)

DC: Erik del Real (€8.75M from Monterrey, 243 appearances, 39 goals)

DC: Silvino Mercado (€17.25M from Monterrey, 146 appearances, 9 goals)

DL: Juan Manuel Fuentes (€30M from Chivas, 148 appearances, 3 goals)

MC: Gabrijel Dimov (Youth system, 66 appearances, 5 goals)

MC : Christopher Bayer (€725k from SV Ried, 370 appearances, 46 goals)

AMR: Marcao (€15M from Monterrey, 179 appearances, 107 goals)

AMC: Jürgen Dahm (€34M from HSV, 155 appearances, 40 goals)

AML: Miroslav Stanojev (€10M from Inter, 86 appearances, 36 goals)

ST: Nikola Martinovic (€900k from Maribor, 354 appearances, 159 goals)

Top scorer: Marcao. Another dominant year for the Brazilian/Italian. 30 goals and 30 assists for the right winger is ridiculous, and he ended up top scorer in the Champions League too Notable mentions: Martinovic (20, Dahm (20), Stanojev (15), Brezina (12), Gmeiner (10) and del Real (10)

Best player: Antonio. He missed 3 months of the season, which was a shame as he’s really an important part of our game thanks to his long throws (the Brazilian Rory Delap) and his pace down the wings which helps Marcao out.

Youth prospects:

Felix Flechl: Supplanted by another youth keeper as backup and was therefore SOLD for €500k

Josef Bader: Went on loan to Wacker Innsbruck where he made 35 appearances and scored 4 goals. Won’t be much better than a backup so I might sell him.

Felix Horn: He’s falling down the pecking order due to the emergence of new talent so will be sold.

Marco Gmeiner: 17 starts and 19 sub appearances, the primary backup for Marcao and in the mix for the striker position too. Another 10 goals for the young man.

Jürgen Fleck: The new keeper I mentioned, who could be a good Bundesliga keeper for us but might not do so well at continental level. He made 22 appearances this season with 5 clean sheets.

Hermann Ernst: Really looking like a prospect, he was 3rd choice centre half all season and made 34 appearances thanks to our strength in the league.

Finances: Way better thanks to transfer income and the Champions League run.

Average attendance: 30514 (of 31750) with 3 sellouts. Similar to last year basically,

Next season: Challenge completed, so I suppose the next step is to get a squad of entirely FAC youth players doing stuff in Europe.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup          |  Europe  |      Top scorer        
2014/15  | Erste Liga|   5[size=1]th[/size]     | R2           |   N/A     |    Ingo Klemen (10)
2015/16  | Erste Liga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3          |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (25)
2016/17  | Bundesliga |   8[size=1]th[/size]     | R2         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (17)
2017/18  | Bundesliga |   3[size=1]rd[/size]     | SF         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (30)
2018/19  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3         |   EPL      |   Pedro Goncalves (20)
2019/20  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F         |   CG      |   Pedro (30)
2020/21  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK1      |   Pedro (31)
2021/22  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | SF        |   CG      |   Pedro (24)
2022/23  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3        |   CG/EK2      |   Pedro (41)
2023/24  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK2      |   Lukas Höhn (37)
2024/25  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F        |   CSF               |   Nikola Martinovic (22)
2025/26  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CQF               |   Nikola Martinovic (27)
2026/27  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CF               |   Marcao (28)
2027/28  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | SF        |   CSF               |   Nikola Martinovic (28)
2028/29  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F        |   W               |   Marcao (30)

Season 1

Player of the year : Olejniczak

Good season we survive so its allways best for new teams in league .

Season 2

Player of the year : Spiaczka

Amazing season for a lot of reasons . From Ekstraklasa dispromotion got Ruch Chorzów everything would be ok if not fact that they got new chairman from France and they are like PSG or Man City in Poland now al lot of great players with so big salary i cant even belive that if i can even give so much to my players in Jarota xD Anyway they have 2 point over me on leader but i was 2 and played with Garbarnia 17 in league so i jsut need win that match to get promotion and I did it and Ruch (i dont know what they did ) didnt get promotion <sick> Some upgrade on my stadium after all , scouting reserch upgrade . My budget for new contract sux so im not able to sing any players ;( but i will try find some players like 16-18 yo with cheeps salary to join me mby it would work . Ofc Spiaczka mvp of everything free transfer that give us so much goals just amazing . Now i got like 1,5 ml E in bank so if i will able to avoid relegation it would be fantastic :) Cheers to all from Poland :)

Killyleagh 2027/28

Table | Transfers | Squad

This was a backward step as the team could not defend and lost a lot of matches at the start of the season. From then on it was all about trying to get a euro spot.

The cups were a disaster as the team barely won a match.

In europe the team faced Valur of Iceland and won the first leg at home 3-0. By half time of the away leg the team was 3-0 down before scoring 10 mins from time to finally win a euro tie. The reward was to be hammered 7-0 on agg by Djurgarden.

On the squad front Teggart was injured for 5 months but Meechan and Carey stepped up, Carey was my player of the season.

Devine (132 apps, 52 goals) had refused a contract almost from the moment he came through so it was no surprise he left, he then went to Linfield to be the league top scorer.

Callaghan (133 apps, 39 goals) and O'neill (167 apps, 30 goals) left as the wing positions needed strengthening.

2028/29

Table | Transfers | Squad

Changed squad with quite a few players out and gave chances to some younger players, the gamble payed off as the team kept up with Linfield until about mar when they opened up a 10 point gap. A poor finish however meant i went into the last game against Linfield only 3 points behind and a chance at the title, there was also the small matter of a 44 goal difference :D

It ended 0-0. In the cups the team reched the league cup and Irish cup finals losing both times to Linfield, the team also lost in the semi-finals of the all-ireland cup in spite of winning the away leg 1-0. A 3-0 drubbing by Shamrock in the 2nd leg was disappointing. In europe the team drew 3-3 at home before losing 2-0 away against Cherno More of Bulgaria.

Finances really seem to go down this year as increased wages start to bite, finished with 100K at the end of the season.

The players leaving with Reid (100 apps, 3 goals) and youth product Foster (235 apps, 6 goals) who where both inconsistant FB's. Canning (136 apps, 9 goals) was poached away when he was becoming my best defender. Signed McGoona even though i can't scout wales as Linfield were trialling him and my scout spotted him

Another youth product Mackin (267 apps, 27 goals) was let go even though he always did a decent job often as sub. This was to give Uprichard more game time which seems to result in an upturn in performances. Meechan has established himself as the 2nd striker, coming through a year before Devine he has taken a long time to get into the first team but was my best player this year.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists

SV Spakenburg

Starting a game with SV Spakenburg in Holland.

Manager | Sunday League

Club Info | Facilities | History

The club is based in Spakenburg and city rivals with IJsselmeervogels. Not much history to speak of, never been in the top 2 divisions. Most interesting fact about the club is that Joop van Basten, Marcos father, was their manager back in 1970-71.

Will get going tomorrow, for now just signed an assistant manager as we had none to start with.

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2014/15

As my first season in charge, the job was going to be assemble a squad of players together and making them into a team to be fighting relegation this season and try and avoid relegation along the way.

League Table -

Past Positions-we took a few games to get used to the League was quite nice to finish were we did.

Irish Cup -not botherd about this as i knew we would not win this .

Intermediate Cup -Again not focussed on this as i know we wont win it.

Mid Ulster Cup -A thought we could went all the way but we got beat in the semis.

League Cup -A was not sure to play my first team or second string.

Transfers - there's no money on this league so it's all about buying free transfers for now.

Squad - Not the best squad ive had but they did well.

Finances- still not grate but hope the League Finnish helps us a bit.

Key Player Profiles:

Charlie McFarland - he was the best forward at the club.

Dean Walker - our captain had a decent year this year .

Arron McKeown_ A decent goalkeeper had good season.

Geoff Brown - our top scorer from the middle of the park.

Ciaran Hyndes second highest scorer at the club this season.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  3rd        

Next Season

I think next season is just going to be a case of trying to go one step better than this year and try to start getting better players into the team.

Hi guys, back for this year's challenge and taking a break from my other one (lost my motivation for it when I found out the Asian coefficient is static). This time round, I'm travelling to Norway, because it's the only one with kits for the lower league (one of my personal criteria), and will be managing Steinkjer FK, due to the better club logo, acceptable kits design and it's one of the few clubs in Norway I can actually pronounce (not sure whether it's correct though).

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Geraint Alacarde has just been hired as the new manager of Steinkjer FK. The team plays their home games at Guldbergaunet Stadion.

The transfer budget is £11.38k, while the wage budget is £3.56k, and current wages are at £562. Seems like there's some room to maneuver, though I'm a bit worried about the wage budget. The club balance is £113k. The team plays in the Guldbergaunet Stadion with a capacity of 500.

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2015/16

Last season we managed to finish in third place which was a surprise to all of us so this season i wanted to try and avoid relegation.

League Table -

Past Positions-we finished in third place in a tight finish to the league the closets finish i've had to a season i think.

Irish Cup we did a lot better this season we managed to get to the quartar finals this season.

Intermediate Cup -Again we were decent in this years competition played my first team players.

League Cup - was not botherd about this this season so decided play the reserves and youth team players to give them some experience.

Transfers - there is a bit money but do not want to use it as want get the clubs wage bill and spendings better, also i got rid of the deadwood.

Squad - Still not to how i want the squad to look but still looking good.

Finances- still in the red but seam to be getting worse rather than better.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Brown - top scorer again had decent season.

Sam Marshall - one my new players i bought in to tighting up the middle of the park did well.

Raymond Harpur A decent defender only played a hand full of games but was decent.

Arron McKeown - our number one goalkeeper did it again had an awesome season.

Andy Telford one of the youth prospects i promoted from the under eighteens did not play any first team football but will be next season.

Career Overview

2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd

Next Season

The only sensible aim for next season try and rebuild and push for the championship.

SV Spakenburg 2014/15 (Season 1)

Table | Playoffs | Transfers | Finances | Cup

Season started with a bang as we went 5-2-0 in the first 7 matches. This actually gave us a playoff spot already as there's some weird system in this league with 4 "periods" where the winner of each one gets a playoff spot. I guess we were lucky with the teams we played in that 1st period though as the 2nd and 3rd period was fairly bad. We still stayed well in the top half all season, but could do nothing about VVV in the end. Just to inconsistent.

The playoffs were intense. We had a loss and a draw against Dordrecht in the season so i wasn't to optimistic, but we managed to only lose 1-0 away and kept a clean sheet at home to go through with a 2-0 win. GA Eagles were very effective at our ground and going to the away game with just 2-2 I wasn't very confident. 25 minutes into the away game we were 3-0 up though and it was all about hanging on after that. They needed 4 goals, they got just 2, and we won promotion.

A couple of highlights of the season was holding Ajax to extra time at their ground in the cup. We lost 2-1 in the end though. Also hammering the league winners VVV 6-0 at their ground in the final game of the season. Although they were already winners so I have a feeling they didn't really care.

Not many players really stood out, but Dominique Scholten did well in midfield and Danny Menting was at times lethal up front. We already lost Menting as he didn't want to sign a new contract.

Finances are good and we've been given a preliminary transfer budget of £1,74M for the next season. At the moment we are still a semi-pro club though, so not sure what good it'll do me. I asked the board to make us a pro club and they said "sure, next season". Hopefully that means after the league resets. Goal is just to stay up anyways.

Season 2014 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: It's a season for the underdogs, as the top 3 positions were taken by teams predicted to be 13th, 9th and 7th respectively, with yours truly ending up in 1st place and securing promotion to the First Division, by 1 point. Definitely a pleasant surprise, because I was kinda expecting to be at best 4th placed, but a drop in form from some teams helped. Was a bit scared that we would throw away our lead (and we kinda did drop quite a few points in the later part of the season), but managed to win our last match to end the season.

Board expectations:

Second Division Group 1: Avoid Relegation

Media prediction: 13th

Norwegian Cup: First Round

Results:

Second Division Group 1: 1st | League Table | Positions Graph (Top 3)

Norwegian Cup: Quarter Final

Season Summary:

Transfers (Only from 9 January)

Finances

Key Performers:

Emil Totland: Our main goalscorer, leading the club and league scoring charts this season. Was about to lose him because he did not want to sign a new contract, but it looks like he's willing to now, since we have secured promotion. Phew...

Petter Bratsve: Our 2nd striker playing in the DLF role. With 13 goals, he's our 2nd top goalscorer, but 4th in the league. Not bad I guess, but he did save our skins whenever Emil was off form. Could probably have done more, if he wasn't injured a few times in the season.

Thomas Sivertsen: Although his average rating wasn't that impressive, I chose him as one of our key performers because of his number of assists. Leads the number of assists in the club and the league.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2014

Oivind Hermstad | Year 1

Next Season's Goals:

1) Avoid relegation.

2) Improve my defense by bringing in a right/left back and a centre back.

3) Develop Oivind although I think he might leave the club.

4) If possible, go pro.

Year   Division                Position      Norwegian Cup         Notes
2014   Second Division         1st           Quarter Final         Promoted

Larxus, well done on promotion, are most of the 1st div teams pro?

dj clark boy, keep at it, all teams in N Ireland are very similar as shown by Armagh getting into Europe. I thought Dollingstown didn't have any youth recruitment, i have never seen a youth player with 1 for pace, shame as his other attributes look good.

SV Spakenburg 2015/16 (Season 2)

Table | Transfers | Finances | Cup | Squad

Well we stayed up, but I'm absolutely disgusted with the performance, especially the defense. Conceding more than 2 a game is just shocking. Worst I've ever seen from any team I've ever managed. There'll be some changes in personnel and tactics before the next season for sure. Stayed up though, that was the goal after all.

130px-Veszpr%C3%A9m_FC.png

Veszprém FC 2023-24 Season Review

The League

This was a wretched season. It started off like a normal season, but a loss to Videoton in the first half of the season when we had been 2-0 up was devestating, and then they did exactly the same to us in the second half of the season, with us going 1-0 up, but then going on to trounce us 4-1. They were properly back to their best this season.

Final Table

The Cups

We progressed to the Champions League group stages fairly easily, beating Shirak, ÍA and Hapoel Tel-Aviv, although Hapoel took away goals. We then drew Real Madrid, Olympiakos and Shakhtar in the Group Stage. Woo, we made it. My aim for the group was to finish 3rd and have a Europa run again, but we went into the last game needing to beat Olympiakos at their place to secure 2nd spot in the group. We smashed them 3-0 in one of my finest matches to date. We then drew Manchester United in the first knockout stage and they swiftly saw us out of the competition.

Videoton also did well in Europe getting out of their Europa group and then going out in the first knockout round. All this means that as of next season the league champions would go straight to the group stage. Excellent news if we can recover our domestic clout.

We did terribly in both cup competitions exiting quickly after the midseason break.

Cup Matches Pt. 1

Cup Matches Pt. 2

The Future

We are rich and have a lot of players who were with us when we were qualifying for the Europa league and not where we want to be. It's time to shed a few players. Bye bye Celestine Isaac, club legend Gabor Kiss, Sandor Kovacs (who has been with us since the start) and Andras Kalnins. We need to take this up a level. In the summer I spent some BIG CASH bringing in Real Madrid's Hungarian striker Roland Anda for £6.5m plus some others. Time to make progress.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2016-17 OTP Bank Liga - 9th

2017-18 OTP Bank Liga - 5th, Magyar Kupa Finalists

2018-19 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2019-20 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2020-21 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners

2021-22 OTP Bank Liga - 2nd

2022-23 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners, Europa League Semi-Finalists

2023-24 OTP Bank Liga - 2nd, Champions League 1st Knockout round

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2032/33 - Ukrainian Premier League

League: 5th (Positions)

Europe: CL-groups 4th

It has been ages since my last update. Not easy to get some playing time. That said, not the best of seasons. I don't know if I ever get the hang of this version of FM. We qualified for Europe and that is the positive. An away win against Juve in the CL was also good, and that we reached the group stage for the second year running.

Best player and top scorer: Leandro: Finally I have a top class striker. He managed 24 goals and 5 goals in one game.

Youth prospect: Danylo Kiva: No world beaters this time.

Economy:Solid. But we need to get into Europe every year.

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 11063 (10379)

Next season: Improve, improve, improve.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 
2025/26   |  Prem    |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   ( 7) 
2026/27   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 7) 
2027/28   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 9) 
2028/29   |  Prem    |   11[size=1]th[/size]    | Final |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (10) 
2029/30   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (12) 
2030/31   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Ivan Krumov        ( 9)
2031/32   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd | CL-groups |     Leandro            (17)
2032/33   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl | CL-groups |     Leandro            (24)

Season 2015 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: It's a great season for us, sure. But I'm not sure if I should be happy or unhappy at not being promoted. Reason I'm unhappy is that we were comfortably sitting in 2nd place (which would mean an automatic promotion) for quite a while, and then we self-destructed in late season, to settle in 3rd, which meant we qualified for the playoffs. We lost in the 2nd round against the 4th placed team, but well, can't really complain, what with our woeful form of late. But part of me is relieved that we weren't promoted as it meant more time to establish a more solid foundation.

Board expectations:

First Division: Avoid Relegation

Media prediction: 16th

Norwegian Cup: Second Round

Results:

First Division: 3rd | League Table | Positions Graph (Top 3)

Norwegian Cup: Third Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Emil Totland: Didn't disappoint us this year. Our main goalscorer, leading the club scoring charts, but missing just 1 goal from tying/winning the top goalscorer award for the league this season.

Roberto Giacomi: Our main problem this season has been our defense, particularly in the full backs. Had it not been for this guy, we would definitely have conceeded more, and lost a lot more games.

Fredrik Pettersen: Was quite consistent most of the season but declined in the last few games. Nevertheless, 9 goals and 9 assists were definitely helpful.

Youth Prospect:

I had actually forgotten to take a screenshot of the intake, so I took it when the youths were in the U-19 squad. Those that were highlighted were the youth intake for this season, and the two other youths were signed to the first team for development.

Batch 2015

Oivind Hermstad | Year 1 | Transferred

Tor Stian Olsen | Year 1

Ragnar Opsal | Year 1

Next Season's Goals:

1) Top-half of first division.

2) Improve my defense by bringing in a left back and maybe a centre back.

3) Develop the two youth strikers.

4) If possible, go pro or get promoted.

2015   First Division          3rd           Third Round           -

Great to see plenty still playing this.:)

larxus - Highly impressed with your progress after just two seasons in Norway, certainly puts me to shame haha!:lol:

Not had much time this week to play, but a few days off on the horizon.:p

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2016/17

Last season we managed to finish in third place so a set target finishing higher in end our form was below par we were terrible.

League Table -

Past Positions-we were struggling for form all season but i managed to keep my job.

Irish Cup we wanted to do well nut we got knocked out in the filth round

Intermediate Cup- wanted to do well in this years competition but got knocked out in the first round.

League Cup - we did rubbish this year first round knock out.

Transfers - still no funds to buy players so was all bout free transfers again.

Squad - Still trying to find right balance of the squad.

Finances- still in the red hopefully someone will buy the club put more money into it to help us.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Brown - he had a poor season so im hoping for a better season next season from him.

Robbie Lucas - a new player did well for his first season.

Kevin Acheson back up player did well.

Career Overview

2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd
2016/17  9th

Next Season

Try and learn from this seasons mistakes and build better squad, also aim for next season try and rebuild and push for the championship.

Season 2016 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: Woah... We are promoted. Honestly, I have no idea how that happened. Hahaha.. Spent half the season tinkering with the tactic from last season, trying to make it less leaky without compromising on the firepower. Was having some short-term success, until I decided to try something so obvious, that I overlooked because I was afraid it would backfire instead, which was to remove the offside trap and to drop deeper. Less leaky I guess, with a goal difference of 29 vs the 18 last season. Anyway, we could have won the First Division, but again, self-destructed in the last few matches, and drew the last match to give the lead to the other team.

Board expectations:

First Division: Avoid Relegation

Media prediction: 14th

Norwegian Cup: Second Round

Results:

First Division: 2nd | League Table | Positions Graph (Top 3)

Norwegian Cup: Quarter Final

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Asgeir Snekvik: My personal buy of the season. Almost single-handedly carried us when we had a drop of form mid-season. Scored some nice goals from direct free kicks as well.

Daouda Bamba: I'm actually suprised he made the list, because he frustrated me quite a few times, missing clear cut chances. But 11 goals 11 assists is not bad I guess.

Roberto Giacomi: Our guardian deity is back on the list. Our defense is still quite prone to errors, so it's really thanks to him that we only conceeded 31 goals in 35 games.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2016: Might seem like a good haul, but it seems like only Kristen Sundnes is worth developing, although my backroom also recommended Jostein Olaussen.

Tor Stian Olsen | Year 1 | Transferred

Ragnar Opsal | Year 1 | Year 2

Kristen Sundnes | Year 1

Next Season's Goals:

1) Avoid relegation.

2) Probably need to revamp the whole squad. Need to be less attached to the players.

3) If possible, go pro.

2015   First Division          3rd           Third Round           -
2016   First Division          2nd           Quarter Final         Promoted

Congrats larxus. Great news, both the promotion and turning professional.

Thanks. But having a bit of a problem maintaining form in the premier division. The gap in quality is still wide. Doing alright, but could have been a lot better.. should be able to end the season and update by end of tonight (which is in a few hours time)..

Hi, everyone.

Im going to attempt my first ever Gundo challenge. Have read all the stories from other players adventures abroad and has given me the appetite to give it a go myself. I have decided to go to Ukraine and will post my starting club very shortly... and once ive got to grips with posting screenshots and creating links! lol

Hope people dont mind me joining too late but played my previous fm save to death and dominated with Bayern Munich, and want a fresh challenge until fm15 comes out

Im off to start my adventure in Ukraine and have been appointed manager of Ukraine first league side Obolon-Brewer Kyiv.

The club recently formed in 2013 and manager Lee Fellows can hopefully give the fans a very successful future and bring trophies to the club. The club has a decent 5000 all seater stadium and boastgood training and great youth facilities. The manager will hope to tap into the youth potential at the club and unearth a few gems who will become the foundations at the club for many years.

First impressions of the squad are that there are a couple of players to build the team around but am wanting to put my own stamp on the side if i can.

Got a bit of wage budget to spend if needed but with a projected loss of nearly £500k over the season, a bit of balancing of the books may be required. Also my only staff member is a GK coach, so one of my main priorities is building up the backroom staff as having decent training facilities without any coaches is a bit pointless really.

One postive is that i have Dynamo Kyiv as an affiliated club so may be able to get some of their decent fringe players on loan and use that avenue wisely. Have challenged the squad to aim for mid-table and with the media predicting a 10th place finish, only time will tell for the newly-promoted outfit.

Will post my manager screenshot as soon as i can work out how to do it :confused:

Im off to start my adventure in Ukraine and have been appointed manager of Ukraine first league side Obolon-Brewer Kyiv.

The club recently formed in 2013 and manager Lee Fellows can hopefully give the fans a very successful future and bring trophies to the club. The club has a decent 5000 all seater stadium and boastgood training and great youth facilities. The manager will hope to tap into the youth potential at the club and unearth a few gems who will become the foundations at the club for many years.

First impressions of the squad are that there are a couple of players to build the team around but am wanting to put my own stamp on the side if i can.

Got a bit of wage budget to spend if needed but with a projected loss of nearly £500k over the season, a bit of balancing of the books may be required. Also my only staff member is a GK coach, so one of my main priorities is building up the backroom staff as having decent training facilities without any coaches is a bit pointless really.

One postive is that i have Dynamo Kyiv as an affiliated club so may be able to get some of their decent fringe players on loan and use that avenue wisely. Have challenged the squad to aim for mid-table and with the media predicting a 10th place finish, only time will tell for the newly-promoted outfit.

Will post my manager screenshot as soon as i can work out how to do it :confused:

Good luck in Ukraine. I play there myself this year an I have to say it is a great experience. I am still struggling with knocking Shaktar and Metalist off their perch but really enjoyable all together.

The quality of the players are good, so if you get to Europe, you should be able to compete.

Archived