Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

Season 2017 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: I did expect to stay clear of relegation, but was quite surprised we did well enough to be 6th in the league (resulting in us being the top 4 club in Norway somehow) and even bagged the Norwegian Cup to qualify for the Euro Cup. At the beginning and mid season, it was difficult to get the team going, because I literally revamped almost the whole squad, so it took some time for the team to gel. Only when I decided to change the match day prep focus to teamwork, did we start performing better. Tinkered with the tactic again, but decided to stick to it when I realised we were making a quite a few CCCs but just lack the quality to finish them.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Avoid Relegation

Media prediction: 16th

Norwegian Cup: Third Round

Results:

Premier Division: 6th | League Table | Positions Graph (5th - 7th)

Norwegian Cup: Winner

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Roberto Giacomi: 3 times on the list!! Very consistent (or more like one of our few consistent players). He did concede 22 goals in 18 matches but you can't really blame him when most of the goals are because the defense line decided to grab their popcorns from the bench, lie down on their sides on the feel with their partner, and cuddle while watching the opponent play through balls behind them.

Oystein Ovretveit: Yes. 2 of my most key (keyest?) players are both goalkeepers. Gives you an idea how bad my defense is huh? I brought him in to prepare for Roberto's retirement/decline (a bit early, I know), but he seemed to slot right into the team, establishing himself. Now I kinda regret bringing him in, because lo and behold, I got a goalkeeper regen who "has the potential to be a star" of High School Musical!!

Daouda Bamba: Yes, still missing those CCCs but I'm happier with him this season. He wasn't my 1st nor 2nd choice striker, and to say he was the third, was kinda 50-50 as well. But he stepped up when the first 2 strikers were off form and injured, and is the top goalscorer for the club. Don't think it'll happen next season though.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2017: Starting to think that my team is so bad that regens easily get a 5 star potential rating. Hahaha. But to be honest, it's better than the previous years'.

Ragnar Opsal | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 - 4-5 months injury hurt him bad. Hope next season is better for him.

Kristen Sundnes | Year 1 | Year 2 - Bad last 5 games rating, I know. But to be honest, he did alright in the season. Capped at the U-19 level and I'm fighting hard to keep him next season

Ottar Bjornstad Haugen | Year 1 - I'm starting to love this guy!! Apparently, our best AMC at the moment and I don't dispute that. Was instrumental in the Finals of the Norwegian Cup against Haugesund which beat us 3-0 a few game days back. We were down 0-2 after just 12 mins, when he provided the first assist which started our comeback to a 6-3 win. Assisted twice and scored one himself. 2 goals in 4(1) games.

Jorgen Berg | Year 1 - The keeper regen I was talking about. Hasn't made his debut, but will be debuting as subs next season.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Mid-table position, hopefully.

2) Already got a centreback for next season and he seems fast enough, so I might be moving up the defense line and playing with offside trap again. Trying to get a fast striker/creative DLF because the one I got this season was hopeless..

3) Maybe get an older AMC to tutor Haugen and be the first choice AMC.

Year   Division                Position      Norwegian Cup         Notes
2014   Second Division         1st           Quarter Final         Promoted
2015   First Division          3rd           Third Round           -
2016   First Division          2nd           Quarter Final         Promoted
2017   Premier Division        6th           Winner                Qualified for Euro Cup

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A quick question, ive worked out how to do screenshots but how do you convert the links into a single name? eg 'manager' first team' etc instead of a long URL link? Thanks

type the name, highlight and then click on the link button. paste the link address into the box

Killyleagh 2029/30

Table | Transfers | Squad

This season started badly as i changed the system to hassle opponents which backfired as i lost 3 of the first 5 games to end my title bid by sept. I later won 10 games in a row to get 2nd.

I won the County Antrim shield but otherwise the cups were poor. Got through the 1st Euro cup rd against Racing FC and drew 1-1 away with Gothenburg in the 2nd Rd but then lost the home leg 4-2.

Another reason for the start was that a few long time players were moved on such as Garrett (552 apps, 146 goals) a youth player who was still playing well but increasingly on the sidelines. Murdock (336 apps, 18 goals) and Behan (262 apps, 3 goals) were another 2 who wanted to go due to lack of playing time. Mcdowell (176 apps, 11 goals) had always been a backup but often came on as sub to make a difference, midfield looked a bit crowded and his future chances were slim.

Meehan is still improving and showing real quality as the player of the season.

2030/31

Table | Transfers | Squad

This season started a lot better as the team only drew 2 of the first 11 including beating Linfield to go top by Oct. Unfortunately a few more draws and losses crept in to leave the team trying to catch Linfield who only drew 2 of the last 29 games to win the title again. My team only got 5 points from the 6 games to make the gap look bigger.

Beat Linfield in the Irish cup qtr-final only to lose on pens to Glenavon in the semi-final. My history of just 1 cup win and 1 minor cup win is not good and the reason i'm not making progress in the save. i have been runners-up 4 times in the irish and all-ireland cups and runners-up 5 times in minor cups.

In europe i against faced minnows in the 1st rd and beat Haverfordwest 12-1 on agg. I was well beaten 8-3 on agg by Rosenburg in the next rd.

Finances improved hugely mostly as a result of scottish clubs pinching my youth players, i also sold on the clauses, a balance at a healthy 600K.

Mcdonagh (50 apps, 6 goals) was let go as he wanted too much money for a backup player. McGoona (79 aps, 5 goals) would not sign a new contract and left which was a real blow.

As a result of the defence looking a bit bare i played my best rated midfielder Fulton there with great results. Central midfield is my strongest part of my team and i only play 1 player there.

Meechan again showed class although has got to a point where he is talking about moving on

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists
2029/30         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2030/31         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None

So tough to try and break a team that's just so dominant, when they're racking up 100+ points every season there's not much you can do, but keep trying thebaker. Question - have Linfield had any (by N.Irish standards) success in Europe?

No success at all, maybe 1 round at most. Another problem is that i can't sign decent Irish players or some N Irish players who then go and join lower rep teams in N Ireland (only Linfield is higher 2 stars to my 1.5, all others 1 star or less). I can't understand this since most are listed as having less finances so it can't about money.

Sorry for being a bit thick, but wheres the link button?

Just sorting through my squad at the minute and trying to bring players in etc but should start my season tomorrow when i have time. Really looking forward to it and will update on here asap.

Thanks for the replies to my 'links' question

I do believe it's time to try this again, which will hopefully go on for longer than last time when i promptly forgot about it after starting it :o

and this time i shall be starting in Slovakia!

and the team i shall be using is...

o3h8a3Q.jpg

Manager: Profile | info

Club: Finances | Staff

Hopefully i'll keep this one going longer than the last one and not let my ditzy mind get the better of me :p

Season 2018 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: Great season, I believe. Finally had the players to finish off the chances we had been creating last season. Took a bold move to sell off my two main strikers even though they had only been in the club for a season, but seems like it paid dividends. Only problem is the defense which is still prone to errors, so I hope I can get someone off the market for next season. Oh, and I'm the Norwegian Manager of the Year!!

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Mid-table (Chosen by me)

Media prediction: 14th

Norwegian Cup: Fourth Round

Euro Cup: Competitive

Results:

Premier Division: 2nd | League Table | Positions Graph (Top 3)

Norwegian Cup: Runner-up

Euro Cup: Playoff

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Anders Naes: Great guy! Think I'm gonna make him captain next season, because he sure seems like one. Consistent in midfield, and pulls through for us when the team doesn't. 13 goals to make him one of the top 3 scorers for our team, and 15 assists to make him the player with the second most assists in our team. Named in 2018 Norwegian Players' Dream Team of the Year and the 2018 Norwegian Midfielder of the Year.

Goran Sculac: My scout said that he was injury prone, and I was debating whether to get him or not. Decided to take a leap of faith with him and the gamble paid off!! Had a great start to the season, but then started to normalize, until I switched him from a DLF(S) to a DLF(A). With 21 league goals, he broke the Steinkjer record for league goals scored in a season and named the 2018 Norwegian Premier Division Top Goalscorer.

Yannick Songo'o: The guy who tries to get to the end of passes behind the line. Although Goran got the broke the Steinkjer record for league goals in a season with 20 goals, he broke it first with 19, along with the Steinkjer record for assists in a season with 16 assists. Named the 2018 Norwegian Premier Division Top Goalscorer Runner-up, he should still be proud as he's the player with the most assists in the club and the overall top goalscorer for Steinkjer, with 29 goals versus Goran's 28.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2018: Not that good of a harvest this year, but I finally got a regen from the same nation as I am!! I'll only keep track of 5 stars progress. Those that dropped, will be removed next season.

Ragnar Opsal | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4

Kristen Sundnes | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3

Ottar Bjornstad Haugen | Year 1 | Year 2

Jorgen Berg | Year 1 | Year 2

Next Season's Goals:

1) Told my players we can win, but gonna need a stronger defense.

2) Need a first team centre back to replace Rasmus Isegran who is error-prone.

3) A centre midfielder to replace Okland who has requested a transfer.

Year   Division                Position      Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup       Notes
2014   Second Division         1st           Quarter Final      -              Promoted
2015   First Division          3rd           Third Round        -              -
2016   First Division          2nd           Quarter Final      -              Promoted
2017   Premier Division        6th           Winner             -              Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Premier Division        2nd           Runner-up          Playoff        Qualified for Euro Cup

Larxus - Good season, looks like you are close to a title win.

Hope so. But laden with debt. Had to sell Jorgen Berg for 5.5 mill. Haiz... But current champion is too strong. I've hardly won against them.

130px-Veszpr%C3%A9m_FC.png

Veszprém FC 2023-24 Season Review

The League

Back on fire - we carefully despatched most teams. The crowning glory was a 4-1 away win against Videoton, who again were our nearest competitors for most of the season, but surprisingly ended up third. They won the cup in the end, but they were competing on way too many fronts and it killed their league form. The best thing about all this is that it means we have an automatic berth for the Champions League Group Stage next season, which means we can concentrate on the league in the very early season, rather than resting players for crucial matches

Final Table

The Cups

Having finished second I was very sceptical about making the group stages as we were in the best runners-up pot. We drew Standard Liege in the first round and smashed them in the first leg 8-0 at their place. Roland Anda had an incredible debut scoring four! In the next round we played L'OM, and comfortably beat them, setting us up into the CL Group Stage. We drew Arsenal, Basel and Zenit. Some topsy turvy results gave us a chance of qualifying going into the last game again, but a limp loss away to Basel saw us relegated to the Europa League. There we drew Porto, again a team who'd dropped out of the Champions League, and we easily beat them. In the next round we played Leverkusen, this wasn't such a happy experience and they played us off the park.

The Magyar Kupa becomes a bit of a joke when you're in the Champions League as the fourth round always becomes a four game (Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Saturday) week. We played a near youth team and got knocked out on penalties against a non-league team. Ouch. Possibly my worst ever result. The Ligakupa was again an escape from the group stages followed by some limp performances against Puskas Academia.

Cup Matches

The Future

Keep plugging away and try and win back-to-back titles. At the end of the next season we move into a new ground that we can woooo hooo use for Champions League games.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2016-17 OTP Bank Liga - 9th

2017-18 OTP Bank Liga - 5th, Magyar Kupa Finalists

2018-19 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2019-20 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

2020-21 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners

2021-22 OTP Bank Liga - 2nd

2022-23 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners, Europa League Semi-Finalists

2023-24 OTP Bank Liga - 2nd, Champions League 1st Knockout round

2024-25 OTP Bank Liga - 1st

Season 2019 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: Manager of the Year again, and expected the award, with Steinkjer winning a double. League title and Norwegian Cup ensures we will be competing in the Champions League next season. Season was pretty straightforward, although we did have injury problems like the previous seasons. Nonetheless, we managed to lead from pole-to-pole, sort of. As mentioned in my other post, I had to sell Jorgen Berg, the young goalkeeper. We needed the money for the club. I hate seeing red figures in the club balance. What did u expect from a finance student?

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Top-Half

Media prediction: 11th

Results:

Premier Division: 1st | League Table | Positions Graph (Top 3)

Euro Cup: Third Qualifying Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Goran Sculac: Another 21 goals in the league for Mr Sculac, but this time not enough to secure the league's top goalscorer award. Nonetheless, he broke the record for most PoM for Steinkjer and has been consistent all season, except for a slight drop in performance in the late season, when goals came few and far in between for his standards. Having a hard time holding on to him. Named the 2019 Norwegian Premier Division Top Goalscorer Runner-up and Norwegian Player of the Year Runner-up.

Yannick Songo'o: Goran's partner in crime. Had a good season, except for the drought in mid-season. Managed to pull himself together and went on a vengeful mission for goals afterwards. Named the 2019 Norwegian Attacker of the Year and one of his goals was awarded the 2019 Norwegian Premier Division Goal of the Year, unlocking that achievement for me. Hahah..

Ottar Bjornstad Haugen: I'm surprised he made the list! I mean, he missed half the league games due to injuries and you can see the drop in his attributes. Awarded the 2019 Norwegian Players' Young Player of the Year. So does that mean he's just popular?

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2019: A potential 5 star defender? I'll take that.

Ottar Bjornstad Haugen | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3

Kristian Aae | Intake | Year 1 - I like everything about him, except 3 things: His speed, his jumping reach and his height. Letting him train his quickness first and hope to raise it to 12 before training his jump. Is he gonna grow in height though?

Next Season's Goals:

1) I'm thinking of changing the formation to make use of more wing-play. Just an idea at the moment. Not too sure if I should since we are playing well at the moment. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. But if we keep saying that, we won't have smartphones now.

2) If we change the formation, gonna need some wingers.

3) Will need an AMC to cover for Ottar for his injuries.

Year   Division                Position      Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup      Notes
2014   Second Division         1st           Quarter Final      -             Promoted
2015   First Division          3rd           Third Round        -             -
2016   First Division          2nd           Quarter Final      -             Promoted
2017   Premier Division        6th           Winner             -             Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Premier Division        2nd           Runner-up          Playoff       Qualified for Euro Cup
2019   Premier Division        1st           Winner             3rd Q.Round   Qualified for Champions League

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2033/34 - Ukrainian Premier League

SUCCESS!! THE DOUBLE!!

League: 1st (Positions)

Cup: Winners!

Europe: Europa league quarter final

Yes!! The wait was long but worth it. In a season where the big teams were a bit off their normal pace, we took advantage and clinched the title on the last day. We could win it at home the round before but nerves got us and we lost. That meant we went into the last day needing a draw to get the title. We went 1-0 down in the second half, and simultaneously Metalist were 5-0 up in their game. We had to throw the kitchen sink to get a draw, and fifteen minutes before the end our top scorer Leandro poked in a great cross and we were level. We held on to the draw and our first title ever. Wonderful.

Even better, a few weeks before we were in the cup final. After an abysmal first half we were 2-0 down. I had to give the team a hairdryer treatment in the dressing room and it worked. After 60 min we went level. From then it was all about chasing the winner. Two minutes into overtime we got a corner that caused a scramble and were cleared out to another corner. The next corner, in the last minute of overtime fell to Leandro who forced it in to the net and we were cup winners.

A magic season for us, and a watershed moment for the team. Hopefully we can build on this success and collect more trophies in the future.

Best player: Marko Zigante:I accidentically found the role for him, an AMC-playmaker. He has been immense.

Top scorer: Leandro: He is beast. And a match winner. Last year he scored 24 goals, this season 26. And what vital goals.

Youth prospect: Victor Polyakov: Decent potential.

Economy: Worrying. Went all in to get good players on big wages and it paid off. Fortunately we are in the CL next year.

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 11222 (11063)

Next season: To complete this challenge I need to win the Champions league. Hopefully it wont take as long as winning the title.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 
2025/26   |  Prem    |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   ( 7) 
2026/27   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 7) 
2027/28   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 9) 
2028/29   |  Prem    |   11[size=1]th[/size]    | Final |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (10) 
2029/30   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (12) 
2030/31   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Ivan Krumov        ( 9)
2031/32   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd | CL-groups |     Leandro            (17)
2032/33   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl | CL-groups |     Leandro            (24)
2033/34   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  | EL-Qfinal |     Leandro            (26)

Congrats on your titles sebs, larxus and Taunton! Now for the Champions League!

Thx! In Group Stage now, surprisingly. And more surprisingly, won against CSKA Moscow, and scored 3 against Barcelona (though they whacked in 5).. Hahah..

Season 2020 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: Pretty interesting season. Had a rough start as opposing AI either got used to my tactic, or my AI getting dumber. But we held on, and the title race was only settled on the final day. Didn't change the tactic as I initially planned because A) I had reached my max non-homegrown quota, and B) Norway does not have any good wingers or potentially good wingers. At all. Champions League was interesting, but we exited the Group Stage being 3rd in group, so now we'll begin 2021 with the First Knockout Round of the Euro Cup.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Respectable

Media prediction: 5th

Norwegian Cup: Quarter Finals

European Champions Cup: Third Qualifying Phase

Results:

European Champions Cup 2020/21: 3rd in Group C

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Goran Sculac: Was away on international duty most of the time, but did enough to be named the 2020 Norwegian Player of the Year and Attacker of the Year.

Yannick Songo'o: He did alright, but kinda expected slightly better. Still the 2020 Norwegian Player and Premier Division Top Goalscorer of the Year Runner-ups.

Ragnar Opsal: Pulled through for us when Goran was away. For that, he was named the 2020 Norwegian Players' Young Player of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2020: None worth mentioning.

Ottar Bjornstad Haugen | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4

Kristian Aae | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2

Next Season's Goals:

1) Same as last season's.

Year   Division                Position      Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup      Champions Cup      Notes
2014   Second Division         1st           Quarter Final      -             -                  Promoted
2015   First Division          3rd           Third Round        -             -                  -
2016   First Division          2nd           Quarter Final      -             -                  Promoted
2017   Premier Division        6th           Winner             -             -                  Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Premier Division        2nd           Runner-up          Playoff       -                  Qualified for Euro Cup
2019   Premier Division        1st           Winner             3rd Q.Round   -                  Qualified for Champions League
2020   Premier Division        1st           Fourth Round       -             3rd in Group C     Euro Cup First Knockout Rnd

129129.png

HIFK - 2019 Veikkausliiga

Veikkausliiga

Media Prediction: 2nd

Board Expectation: Qualification for Europe

My Target: Qualification for Europe

League Table: 1st ǁ Position Graph

We blew everyone away this season and finished well ahead of the chasing pack. We need to improve in the games against the bigger sides (Honka, HJK and FC Inter), but our consistency against the smaller sides ensured it was a very comfortable season.

Suomen Cup

Fixtures

We had an easy ride to the final and beat third tier Gnistan in the final..

Veikkausliiga Liigacup

Group Stage ǁ Knock-Out Stages

We cruised through the Group Stages again, but lost out in the final to Honka.

Europa League

Fixtures

We managed to win our first European tie comfortably against Maribor 6-1, but then were disappointing against Dinamo Misnk, drawing 0-0 at home and losing 2-1 in Belarus.

HIFK

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

Finally cleared the squad a little bit as the financial aspect of the club is getting worrying. Was able to replace key players with free transfers though and managed to sign a few good young Danish players.

Key Players

Ulan Konysbaev: Brought him in on a free at the end of last season and he has been great ion the Box to Box role.

Pascal März: I was so glad to renew his loan agreement, another excellent season by the German.

Joonas Jokinen: I think he was a bright prospect but injuries hampered his career. Has been doing alright with us and scoring important goals.

George Berglund: Had to bring him in on loand after selling Johanson, was excellent at creating chances and I was glad to be able to renew his loan agreement.

Other News

Finances – Very worried now, had to sell players just to make sure with keep within FFP, the board has been quick to cut budgets so we will have to get by with a similar squad.

Next Season Targets

1. Try to retain the title.

2. Try to reach at least the group stage of the Europa League, we surely need the money.

3. Start signing young players to comply with HG rules.

I was delighted to have stormed away with the title, but I think next season will be tougher as the harsh reality of no money is hitting us. I am looking to Europe for an exit.

Career Overview

Season     League          Pos       Suomen Cup          Liigacup        Europe         Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014       Ykkönen         6th       Seventh Round       N/A             N/A            N/A
2015       Ykkönen         3rd       Fourth Round        N/A             N/A            N/A
2016       Ykkönen         4th       Fourth Round        N/A             N/A            N/A
2017       Ykkönen         1st       Winners             N/A             N/A            Promotion and EL Qualification
2018       Veikkausliiga   2nd       Semi-Final          Semi-Final      EL 2nd Qual.   EL Qualification
2019       Veikkausliiga   1st       Winners             Runners Up      EL 3rd Qual.   Double and CL Qualification

wlyqs9.jpg

I had a break from playing the game. Decided to carry on where I left off.

Second season 2015/16

Finished 16th again League Table

Still very weak team compared to others in the league. Lots of close games leaves us some hope though.

Made a couple of transfers and loans, but they didn't really work. The players I bought in were worse than what I already had.

Managed to get an improvement in the youth facilities, they are now classed as poor, which is progress.

Veszprém FC 2024-25 Season Review

The League

We had a poor start to the season, losing two of our opening four games, but then went on an amazing run winning our next 17 games, including every team in the league, and that run pretty much secured us the title. A huge backlog of games meant it wasn't secured until the last week, and we almost certainly would have had a lot more points if it wasnt for games where we had to play almost whole teams of unblooded players.

Final Table

The Cups

Due to our new found glory in Europe we went straight into the Champions League and drew PSG, Atletico and Shakhtar, we were lowest seeds but only just. We got dominated by PSG in the opening game, but then beat Atletico at home. Back-to-Back wins over Shakhtar put us into a great position, and then we fought back from 2-0 down to PSG to draw 2-2. In the final game against Atletico we needed to avoid losing by two goals. In a topsy turvy game they scored a last minute goal after a defensive mix up and that left us in 3rd place by the narrowest of margins.

Again we drew and dispatched Porto in the Europa League, but this time we had an easier tie in the next round in Rubin Kazan. We destroyed them 10-3 on aggregate. Next round was old foes Celtic. Away from home in the first leg we suffered a late goal and no away goals, which felt pretty bad, but a battling performance at home saw us run out 2-0 winners and we were in the semi-final against.... old foes Basel. Again we went away and lost 1-0, but we dominated them 4-0 at home and we were in the Europa League final against... old foes Leverkusen.

Leverkusen took the lead midway through the second half, but we quickly equalised to take the tie into extra time. Patrick Ladwig our German left winger headed home in extra time and we were Champions. An unbelievable, unbelievable victory.

In the other cups we were beyond terrible. We were dumped out of the cup at the same stage as last year to a similar team to last year and the Europa League run damaged our chances in the League Cup.

European Results

Cup Matches

The Future

New ground wooo. Gotta be getting out of our Champions League group and winning the league again. I would like to return to winning domestic cups.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2025-26 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Europa League Winners

Season 2021 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: Spent almost the whole season experimenting with a 4-2-3-1 formation. It's not bad, but there's not much improvement from the 4-1-2-1-2 formation we used the previous seasons. Same goal difference, so kind of no point for it. So I'm gonna try an assymetric formation (one of my favourite types because I can have a player of every position) the coming season. Interesting fact: Difficulty of my season depends on Haugesund's performance. Always have troubles beating them.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Qualify for Euro Cup

Media prediction: 3rd

Norwegian Cup: Semi Finals

Results:

Norwegian Cup: Runner-up

European Champions Cup 2021/22: 3rd in Group A

Euro Cup: First Knockout Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Goran Sculac: Now I finally understood why my scouts say he is injury prone. His injuries are relatively short, usually lasting 2-3 weeks, but they are quite often this season. He didn't win any award, but is still the top scorer for the club this season.

Tokmac Nguen: He's the winger I brought in. Initially wanted him to play as an inside forward, but changed my mind. Anyway, great season for him at the club. 17 goals and 22 assists is no mean feat. His volleys are just O_O. Named the 2021 Norwegian Midfielder of the Year and placed third for Player of the Year.

Chompoo Rattana: Quite a solid defender and looks like he has finally reached his potential. A great season which I feel is his best yet. Named in Thailand Seasonal Best Eleven and 2021 Norwegian Defender of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2021

Ottar Bjornstad Haugen | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4 | Year 5: He's already 21, so I will remove his entry next season. If it were not for his injury proneness, I believe he would have developed a lot more. Too bad, I'll just develop him as much as I can and maybe sell him off when I get a good offer. Named the 2021 Norwegian Players' Young Player of the Year.

Kristian Aae | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3: OMG!!! Can you see his development over the years?!?! Already our 2nd best central defender and I predict he'll be much better next season! AND HE GREW!!! By 1 cm. Only worry I have is his jumping reach. Focusing on that didn't help much, so I decided to put him on the central defender training instead.

Halvor Loberg | Intake | Year 1: Looks good, but I don't use an MR in my tactic. Part of the reason why I decided to go assymetric next season.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Retain the league.

2) Build a working assymetric strategy

3) Get past group stage for ECC.

4) Strengthen my midfield.

Year   Division          Position   Champions League   Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup          Notes
2014   Oddsenligaen      1st        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2015   Adeccoligaen      3rd        -                  Third Round        -                 -
2016   Adeccoligaen      2nd        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2017   Tippeligaen       6th        -                  Winner             -                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Tippeligaen       2nd        -                  Runner-up          Playoff           Qualified for Euro Cup
2019   Tippeligaen       1st        -                  Winner             3rd Q.Round       Qualified for Champions League
2020   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Fourth Round       -                 EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2021   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Runner-up          1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd

Killyleagh 2031/32

Table | Squad | Transfers

This was an opportunity missed as the team started well and coupled with Linfields poor start led the league up till dec. A 5-0 defeat to Linfield in mid dec led to a decline with draws and the odd defeat creeping in as Linfield just kept winning to go clear. The team ended the season by picking up just 5 points from the last 7 games.

No success in the cups and the team reached the 2nd Qf rd of the euro cup before losing to Grasshoppers 6-3 on agg.

The board agreed to improve the training facilities and spent £750K which was most of the budget.

Also got a brazilian youth player through, the first player not from Northern Ireland, Eire or England

Linfield pinched my best player Fulton (66 apps, 8 goals) from me as he was on N/C terms and would'nt sign a new contract. Magee a youth player i had been training up was pinched by Blackburn (and then lent to Linfield!) which left the team short in midfield. I ended up resigning Dunne who i had just let go.

Club legend Donaghy (563 apps, 206 goals) was let go after having arrived in my first season. Also going were Kelly(188 apps, 1 goal), Spence (265 apps, 14 goals), and Keily (245 apps, 47 goals).

Meehan was once again a class apart.

2032/33

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season by tweaking the FB's putting them on defensive duties rather than support which worked well as the team conceeded a record low goals. The title was never an option as Linfield started on fire averaging 4 goals for the first 16 games. They declined but not enough to get beaten, Killyleagh ended the best points total yet.

The cups were again a disappointment as no progress was made. In europe the team again reached the 2nd Qf rd losing to Stromsgodset 6-5 on agg.

Made some more money from Magee as Blackburn sold him for £2.8 million and i got 15%.

There was not much transfer activity this year with only Gallen (288 apps) let go as he was 2nd choice and i wanted to give Kennedy more games. Flynn (327 games, 7 goals) wanted to move so i sold him when a offer came in. Meehan had his best season in terms of goals scored and made as many assists. Reynolds was the recipienct of many of the corners as he kept scoring, he also defended well.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists
2029/30         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2030/31         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2031/32         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2032/33         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None

Thebaker, good steady progress again. How are your finances looking overall? Think you're getting close to turning professional?

Finances are at 850K, board have approved another training upgrade at 750K so this will decrease. my best net worth was at 1.4 million. The 2 pro clubs have net worths over 4 million so not very close, Glenavon is about 2 million and still semi-pro.

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2019/20

this season was my worst season as a manager

League Table -

Past Positions-we were terrible and that's why we were relegated.

Irish Cup this wanted to rotate the squad big mistake.

Intermediate Cup-i played the kids in this and got a battering.

League Cup - we played well in this years competition.

Transfers - still not much going on here.

Squad - the squad was poor this year no real depth.

Finances- they were not grate again.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Brennan- top scorer this season had good season.

Levi McMullan -my best player in the whole team

Craig Sheppard -club captain did well.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd
2016/17  9th
2017/18  7th
2018/19  8th 
2019/20   15th Sacked

Next Season

so going to re start another challenge

Season 2022 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: The assymetric formation is doing well! We beat Arsenal both times in the group stages and tied with Inter Milan, but still got eliminated by being 3rd in the group. Anyway, I deviated a bit from the standard assymetric when I realised my inside forward wasn't scoring much, so I moved him up to an advanced forward position instead. Worked pretty well, I must say. Pretty happy with the tactic since it's my first one with a standard mentality.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Title Challenge

Media prediction: 1st

Norwegian Cup: Finals

Results:

European Champions Cup 2022/23: 3rd in Group B

Euro Cup: First Knockout Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Goran Sculac: A bit of a shame for him to miss out on the later part of the season due to a long term injury. But his performance in the first part was still worthy of recognition.

Daniel Berntsen: Seems like I'm good at signing good players. Hahah. This guy came in, and scored 13 goals and assisted a whopping 27 times to be awarded the 2022 Norwegian Player of the Year and Midfielder of the Year runner-up.

Brian Holm-Nielsen: Another of my awesome signings. 22 goals and 22 assists, and this coming from an AMC as his primary position. Named the 2022 Norwegian Midfielder of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2022

Kristian Aae | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4: Why is he still not a wonderkid?!?!?!

Halvor Loberg | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2: His progression's been a bit slow.. But his performance is not bad at all. Gonna give him more playing time next season.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Retain the league.

2) Get past group stage for ECC.

3) Strengthen my midfield.

Year   Division          Position   Champions League   Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup          Notes
2014   Oddsenligaen      1st        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2015   Adeccoligaen      3rd        -                  Third Round        -                 -
2016   Adeccoligaen      2nd        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2017   Tippeligaen       6th        -                  Winner             -                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Tippeligaen       2nd        -                  Runner-up          Playoff           Qualified for Euro Cup
2019   Tippeligaen       1st        -                  Winner             3rd Q.Round       Qualified for Champions League
2020   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Fourth Round       -                 EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2021   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Runner-up          1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2022   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Winner             1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd

Norway is great for these challenges. Good quality in players, relatively low wages, and financial stability which is a big plus for me. And the seasons are short which I like since I can roll by them very quickly. In fact I'll have season 1 finished tomorrow :D

Another impressive season.:thup: How are the other Norwegian teams doing in Europe larxus?

Hmm, not doing too good actually. They've not been that impressive in Europe, though to be fair, neither have I, since we always get eliminated in the group stages of Champions League and first or 2nd knockout round of Euro Cup. Usually they don't qualify for group stages of the Euro League. Seems like I'm on a one-team mission to improve Norway's coefficient so that we can get more teams into the Champions league to improve the league overall.

Their Norwegian youths are quite average, usually a 4-star potential at most. And their foreign transfers are usually above 19, so they can't get the home-grown status, making it difficult to poach home-grown players from them. Hahah.

Norway is great for these challenges. Good quality in players, relatively low wages, and financial stability which is a big plus for me. And the seasons are short which I like since I can roll by them very quickly. In fact I'll have season 1 finished tomorrow :D

It's true about the low wages and short season, but the quality of players only makes a difference in the local leagues, at least in my save. They still fall short when compared to the youths from countries like Iran and South Africa (I'm excluding obvious Brazil and Argentina and the likes). So ya, you'll find it relatively easy to get to the top league and maybe win it, but Europe's a whole different ball game.

Oh, and financial stability?!? Hahah either you are a pro at managing finances in a club, or I just suck at it. Was in the red almost every year even with great wage management, until I got into Champions League regularly. Small stadium and small fanbase didn't help.

Fancy a break from my main save and haven't even touched FM for about 3 weeks and this is always the challenge that gets my motivation to play back. My first intention was to try and repeat my FM12 adventure with YF Juventus but after looking at the first page i've decided FM08 is far too long for Holland to go without completion so hoping to get one of Amsterdamsche FC (who seem to be eligible) Leonidas or Be Quick 1887

Larxus, another very good season. Kristian Aae is possibly not a wonderkid since the club rep is not high enough, even though he may be high enough in terms of CA.

Fantastic looking player and progress, can you keep hold of him?

Larxus, another very good season. Kristian Aae is possibly not a wonderkid since the club rep is not high enough, even though he may be high enough in terms of CA.

Fantastic looking player and progress, can you keep hold of him?

Yup, lucky he's not the kind that keeps asking for a better contract. Clubs are making bids for him regularly, but seems like it's easy enough to hold onto him.

It's true about the low wages and short season, but the quality of players only makes a difference in the local leagues, at least in my save. They still fall short when compared to the youths from countries like Iran and South Africa (I'm excluding obvious Brazil and Argentina and the likes). So ya, you'll find it relatively easy to get to the top league and maybe win it, but Europe's a whole different ball game.

Oh, and financial stability?!? Hahah either you are a pro at managing finances in a club, or I just suck at it. Was in the red almost every year even with great wage management, until I got into Champions League regularly. Small stadium and small fanbase didn't help.

The league prizes from the top two divisions are enough to break even in the first seasons, and the cup prize money can be massive when starting the game. After you reach european competitions then it becomes peanuts but in the early stages of the challenge especially the cup can be a huge boost to the finances.

HqDtgax.png

Stord - season 2014

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

In our first season we had a good start finishing in 7th place far from relegation.

The squad quality is good but I'll look to bring in one or two players that can make the difference.

Career Overview

Season    Division        Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------
2014      2. Divisjon     7th

Does anyone know how is chance to get team with reputation to lowest league ? I mean I wanted just play Polonia Warsaw in Poland its club in 4 teams that theyr never generated afterall even if they got same reputations starts like all got promoted?

Wanted to test this Challenge for a long time, so finally amde an account. Seems like I will start with Boldklubberne Glostrup Alberstlund in Danish Second Division East. (Third tier)

638.png

Boldklubberne Glostrup Alberstlund

Manager |

Amsterdamsche_FC_logo.png

Amsterdamsche FC 2014/15

History - Manager Profile - Facilities - Club Overview

Transfers - Table - Finances -

Happy with our first season overall. We struggled until late September time mostly due to a couple of injuries but also the fact we were lacking quality all over the place so we were constantly signing players right through to march. Bahtiri, Kippersluis and Veerman were our key players over the season providing a huge goal threat.

At one stage of the season our form was so good that it managed to seal us a playoff place which was a nice bonus but we went out to NAC Breda at the first hurdle. I am not too disappointed about that though as it would have meant a hard slog in the Eredivisie and thankfully the club makes a profit of about £120k a month which means that I don't need a quick promotion to make money at the moment so I build a team ready for promotion at a sensible pace. That said I will be looking to improve as much as possible this year and do want to be in contention for the playoffs again this year.

Niere welcome to the challenge and the forum, good luck in Denmark :thup:

Amsterdamsche_FC_logo.png

Amsterdamsche FC 2015/16

Transfers - Table - Finances - Veerman - Kippersluis

I was aiming to compete in the top 5 this year so we certainly exceeded that and without the need for too many new faces in. The start of the season seen us turn professional which I think was a great help to us. Two of last seasons stars (linked above) went up a level above last year and were fantastic for us, whether they can do it a higher level I doubt, which is why I have been careful for a change in this save and haven't offered anyone ridiculous contracts rather than pay over over the top in wages.

Training, youth, youth coaching and the youth recruitment network were all extended once the league was won but there is a lot of work that needs doing long term, as was our scouting range to all of Europe but so far every signing has been Dutch so it will be interesting to see if we can attract players from elsewhere.

Year      Division                Position      Dutch Cup         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Eerste Divisie           8th           2nd RD            -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Eerste Divisie           1st           3rd RD            -

Veszprém FC 2026-27 Season Review

The League

Again a slightly poor start to a season, losing to Debrecen, but despite another loss to Videoton it was clear we were hard to live with this season. We were at a record number of points going into the midway point of the season, but Videoton were living with us. However they buckled under the pressure of matches in the second half of the season and we kicked on. An incredible 78 points and only 11 goals conceeded!

Final Table

The Cups

Not great in Europe, third in the CL group again after some terribly limp performances against Benfica. However in the domestic cups we were dominant and secured a treble.

Cups pt 1

Cups Pt 2

The Future

New ground is already being extended. Progress in the Champions league has to be a priority and a goal.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2025-26 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Europa League Winners

2026-27 OTP Bank Liga - 1st, Magyar Kupa Winners, Liga Kupa Winners

feeling some world cup related FM desire so giving this a shot. Will be playing in Serbia, but wont be posting here for a few season until I get it up and running

Will start reading through everyone else's reports etc :D

Archived