Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

Officially the most played FM for me now with 707hrs game time.:o:cool:

Well, that's more than me, I "only" have 424 hours, nowhere close to the 732 hours I had on FM13.... :o

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, that's more than me, I "only" have 424 hours, nowhere close to the 732 hours I had on FM13.... :o
My previous record was 600 odd on FM12. Think the struggles I have had on this years version kept me determined to succeed. If I do manage to win one single major trophy it will feel as though I've really achieved something this year.

HBS Den Haag - Jupiler League (Netherlands) - 2019/20

2lrcb1s.png

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Transfers

Last year was disappointing. This year was worse.

I got fired after failing to qualify for the play offs. :(

This is the end of my journey in the Netherlands.

At the beginning of the season I really thought we had the team to get promoted though.

I brought in three good strikers which was our weak spot the previous years.

We started the season with a lot of injured players, including my goalkeeper. We lost a lot of tied games.

Then we had a good sequence and we were back into the discussion for the playoffs.

The end of the season was hard to watch. We kept losing games that we were dominating. Missing a lot of opportunities

I don't understand what happened. We had the same team as last year + 3 qualiy strikers.

Maybe those players needed more time to adapt. But it does not explain why we dropped from 78pts to 53pts in a year.

Maybe i should have changed my tactic or recruit dutch players to cut down the adaptation time.

I don't know.

Our field was in terrible condition but the board would not want to improve it. That may have hurt our playing style and increase the risk of injuries.

Best players of this season

Abdellah Daouadji - One of my new strikers. The only one who delivered.

Worst player of this season

Dimitris Klis - A big recruit that was injured all season. A bust.

Season   |      League     | Position  |     Europe    |      Top scorer        
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  |     Jupiler     |   11st     |     N/A      |  Shane Parris (19)
2015/16  |     Jupiler     |   10th     |     N/A      |  Shane Parris, Robby Holder (12)
2016/17  |     Jupiler     |   2nd      |     N/A      |  Roy de Ruiter (23)
2017/18  |     Jupiler     |   4th      |     N/A      |  Roy de Ruiter (25)
2018/19  |     Jupiler     |   2nd      |     N/A      |  Roy de Ruiter (13)
2019/20  |     Jupiler     |   13th     |     N/A      |  Abdellah Daouadji (11)

I got to admit, I'm getting bored in Hungary, I'm winning most domestic matches by 5-6-7 goals. While that is fun for a while, I'm still not getting any further in Europe. I think I'm gonna put the save on hold and start up somewhere else. Not sure where yet, but I'll find out.

Ok, I've started again. This time in a country no one has finshed yet(according the opening post). Belarus! I'm also going to do this a bit differently. I'm only going to use players coming through the academy. Gonna be tough, but should be very fun. Profile of the new manager of Partizan-MTZ Minsk. I chose this club because it has a decent youth setup. It should be possible to survive the first season and build for the future.

I got to admit, I'm getting bored in Hungary, I'm winning most domestic matches by 5-6-7 goals. While that is fun for a while, I'm still not getting any further in Europe. I think I'm gonna put the save on hold and start up somewhere else. Not sure where yet, but I'll find out.

Thats what can make it tough in those countries, dominating the league doesn't take too long but in europe it can hard. Especially if you think the side is good enough but keeps getting narrowly beaten in the KO rounds.

I think that's why I put certain conditions on my saves in this challenge; like only signing Norwegian players and not allowing myself loan signings or players who I have signed in the past.I did consider doing a yth only save but what puts me off was the fact I have never completed this challenge yet!Good Luck, anyhow. :)

Thats what can make it tough in those countries, dominating the league doesn't take too long but in europe it can hard. Especially if you think the side is good enough but keeps getting narrowly beaten in the KO rounds.

Yeah, that's kinda what happened to me. I guess I just need a new challenge for now. If I get tired of losing I can just load up the save and enjoy some big wins! :D

I think that's why I put certain conditions on my saves in this challenge; like only signing Norwegian players and not allowing myself loan signings or players who I have signed in the past.I did consider doing a yth only save but what puts me off was the fact I have never completed this challenge yet!Good Luck, anyhow. :)

Yeah, I have completed it twice before so I don't mind jumping ship when I'm rather close, but I really need to enjoy the game more. It felt more like work than play the last season. I tried Belarus a couple of years ago, but couldn't get into it because of the strict rules regarding non-Belorussians, but with a youth challenge that don't really apply. Also, the fact that no one have ever completed it in Belarus talks to the completionist in me. :cool:

After looking at my squad I see we have some horrible players, as well as some talent. I have singled out 4 youth players I think will have an impact on our club in the long run. First out, Iliya Polyakov (YP0a) have just about everything I look for in a good defender, and my coaches rate him. Of course he is young and lack a lot, but still a great talent for this level. Other teams have already noticed him and I've gotten in some bids up to £10k. I'm not selling though.

Mechislav Kravchuk (YP0b) is a very talented goalkeeper. My coaches think he could be a leading top tier player, and I have high hopes for him. A good goalkeeper is often something that I struggle with in youth challenges and now I have a good starting point in him.

Our third talent is a versatile offensive player. Mikhail Lomako (YP0c) can play both up top and on both wings, and should fit into my planned tactics though he needs to work on his finishing.

Our final talent is Vladimir Bykov (YP0d). Another talented defender whom I hope can contribute and my coaches rate very highly. Though I usually don't like that low bravery in a defender I need to work with what I have.

Now onward to the season!

Edit: Fun fact from the second tier of Belorussian football. You can do 5 subs!

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2024 Adecco Season Review

League

Virtually identical season to last, but at least managed to progress to the third round of the cup before being dumped out by Aalesund. Very disappointed to have thrown our play-off chances away with a poor run of form towards the end of the season.

Brynjar Samuelsen

This home grown youngster did really well in the number ten role after making it his own.

Mathias Grorud

Best player again and top scored with 9 in the league.

Next season; Just gonna play in out in the hope we sneak in the play-offs.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]  [color=#000000]
2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]  
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2019   Second Division (3) 1st      1st rd.        Promotion!          N/A       (11)[/color][color=#000000] Kenneth Småge/[/color]Kjetill Hansen [color=#000000]
2020   Adeccoligaen         6th      1st rd.        Play-Off defeat     N/A       (11) [/color][color=#000000]G[/color][color=#000000][size=2][color=#000000]ø[/color][/size][color=#000000]ren Andreassen
2021   Adeccoligaen         10th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Christensson[color=#000000][color=#000000]
2022   Adeccoligaen         12th[/color][/color]     1st rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2023   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (12) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2024   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     3rd rd.            -                   N/A        (9) Grorud

XaW - Partizan-MTZ - Persha Liga (Belarus) - 2014

According to the media we were doomed before the season even started. We were projected to go straight down, no questions. Since I have adopted a policy of not buying any players(the transfers in the screenshot were done before I took over the club) it should be even harder, but after reviewing the squad I felt we had a decent chance of survival. Some great youngsters, some of whom got a YP-tag from me, and some senior players who are capable along with the usual dead weight were what I had to work with. But since I only had a total of 23 players even the dead weight had to get some matches. The season started great as we won our first two matches and managed to keep picking up points against better teams. Throughout the season we hovered around the promotion spots and overachieved a lot compared to what I thought were possible. In the end we finished on 4th place, just a spot below playoff for promotion. I'm more than happy with how we played and since we got in some much needed talent from the youth intake I hope we can do the same next season.

We had a shot in the Kubak Belarusi, but failed horribly at the first hurdle against Smorgon in the 1st round.

Just after the season ended we got the message from the board that we are building our own stadium! We have rented the stadium this season and the board obviously wanted us to have our own. While I applaud this we are still struggling financially and I can't really see this helping in the short run. Hopefully, the increased cap of almost 1000 seats will help out towards the loan.

Youth players:

New players:

We had a great youth intake, but I'm not sure why everyone are rated 5 stars by my assistant, since some of them are clearly poorer than that in my opinion. Still, everyone got a youth contract to bolster the squad.

Maxim Bykov (YP1a) - Report - A great talent. Would have used him if not for the registration rules. Going to get loads of matches.

Alexey Evseenko (YP1b) - Report - Speed and technique in heaps, should slot right into the team.

Alexandr Novik (YP1c) - Report - Talented attacking midfielder.

Konstantin Shuneiko (YP1d) - Report - Another attacking midfielder, but he also has talent.

Original Players:

Iliya Polyakov (YP0a) - A solid season, but the main thing is how much he improved compared to before the season. He also got his debut for Belarus U19!

Mechislav Kravchuk (YP0b) - Gave him some matches and he didn't fail to impress. Fights for the spot as main GK.

Mikhail Lomako (YP0c) - Played mostly on the wing. Did good.

Vladimir Bykov (YP0d) - A good season from the youngster.

Season   |      League     | Position  |     Europe     |     Cup     |      Top scorer        
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014    |   Persha Liga   |   4th     |      N/A       |   1st rnd   |   Alexey Litvinko (12)

Good first season XaW. Looks like you should be able to push for promotion next season.:thup:

Thanks, I do think I have the possibility, but I don't think the squad is ready yet so if I get it I'm afraid we'll go straight down again. Still, I'll take the promotion if I can! :cool:

XaW - understand your decision to go somewhere and solid first season in Belarus.

I am due a couple of updates and unlock XaW I am not getting bored of our domestic dominance :D We have been able to get to the group stages in Europe three seasons in a row and got some good results. The quality of the Finnish league is improving too, now 11 out of 12 teams in the top flight are fully professional and quite a few players from central america and south africa are playing in the league.

Even though I am massively enjoying the game I am not able to play it too regularly.Therefore I wanted to ask whether any FM14 completions still count even after FM15 is out? I am some way off completing the challenge but am really enjoying this save and am thinking of skipping FM15 if I am still into the save.

Hopefully I will be able to post the updates today!

XaW - understand your decision to go somewhere and solid first season in Belarus.

I am due a couple of updates and unlock XaW I am not getting bored of our domestic dominance :D We have been able to get to the group stages in Europe three seasons in a row and got some good results. The quality of the Finnish league is improving too, now 11 out of 12 teams in the top flight are fully professional and quite a few players from central america and south africa are playing in the league.

Even though I am massively enjoying the game I am not able to play it too regularly.Therefore I wanted to ask whether any FM14 completions still count even after FM15 is out? I am some way off completing the challenge but am really enjoying this save and am thinking of skipping FM15 if I am still into the save.

Hopefully I will be able to post the updates today!

I dream of domestic dominance.:rolleyes:

Yeah sure it still counts, there is no time scale in completing. All I ask is you continue to document it in this (FM14) thread and not the FM15 one, as it becomes abit confusing other wise.:thup:

I'm currently at the end of the third season of a save that was originally a youth challenge, but after a horrendous first half of the season that saw us in the relegation zone, I was forced to bring some players in during the January window to try and stay up, and as the save meets all the rules for this challenge I thought I'd just continue the save and try and complete this one instead. :)

Will just copy across all my updates from the other thread now and work on one for my third season.

SVV Scheveningen

89d01d4e4b7824767fe40664dfba2bba.png

Manager Profile

The reason I picked them immediately after they came up is that I had many summer holidays in Holland as a child during during which we visited the beach front at Schevening a lot times, so I have plenty of nostalgia for the place.

My immediate thoughts are currently on signing up the current squad who are currently all amateurs, and I've also noticed that the board are giving me the option to ask for an improvement in youth recruitment, although I might have to get the 'Develop Young Players' board expectation first before they'll improve it. We're the only Semi-Pro side in the league, yet predicted to finish 19th ahead of one of the pro teams. Only one side gets relegated, but none of the B teams can, so we'll have to better one of the 'proper' teams to stay up. Feeling fairly confident though as the squad looks okay and we have 20 'decent' players.

SVV Scheveningen - Season 01 Review (2014-15)

SVV-Scheveningen-Logo.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers ** | Finances

Competitions

Jupiler League : 16th

Dutch Cup : Fourth Round

Season Review

​Well we did it! Just about. A very long, nervy season though. FC Emmen got off to an awful start, so we were always ahead, but the gap to them over the course of the season was down to 3 points multiple times. Thankfully we hit our straps in the last 15 games or so, managing 5 wins. Emmen did also pick up their form, so it was very much needed and it still took us until the penultimate match weekend to secure our safety. In the Dutch cup we recorded a remarkable victory over Ajax in a tense penalty shootout, the greatest win in our history no doubt.

Youth Intake

Pretty disappointing in all honesty, in fact I only signed one player.

Stefan Zwiers YP01a - He would have been a very good player to get, if I didn't already have an established young striker in the starting squad, will probably develop into a good backup though.

Miscellaneous

Early Youth Recruitment(To basic) and Junior Coaching (To Average) upgrades and training & youth facilities upgrades planned for the summer.

As Braumiller said, the Finances for this League are very good. I haven't played through the summer yet, but I doubt we have quite enough in the bank to turn Professional, but even so I imagine it's inevitable in the future that it will happen.

Season 02 (2015-16) Goals

* Survive relegation, although I'm hoping it will be easier if there's a newly promoted semi pro team. Then again I already lucked out with Emmen being awful, otherwise we could have easily gone down...

* Improve infrastructure, should be relatively simple with the money in this League.

* Go Professional

Season      Division        Position      Dutch Cup       Top Scorer (Goals)  Highest Average Rating (Ave Rating)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2014/15   Jupiler League       16th        4th Round       Danny Menting (16)       Patrick Gerritsen (7.05)

SVV Scheveningen - Season 02 Review (2015-16)

SVV-Scheveningen-Logo.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances

Competitions

Jupiler League : 12th

Dutch Cup : Second Round

Season Review

A much improved season for us this time, and we were never in any danger as newly promoted EVV were even worse than FC Emmen. It'll be interesting to see how we cope if one of the original Jupiler teams that got relegated return to the league, as the game coding seems to let them stay professional. We were so comfortable in fact that we looked like we could snatch a playoff spot at one point, but that wasn't to be.

Youth Intake (No screenshot as I accidentally deleted the one I took)Woeful, I don't want to talk about it :(. Didn't even tag anyone. I'm struggling to see a way forward for us at the moment, other than a fluke season of scraping into the playoffs and somehow winning the 3 games for promotion. Only a handful of players with 1.5* PA were kept on.

Tagged Players

Stefan Zwiers YP01a - Got some game time at the end of the season when safety was assured. Hasn't really improved as of yet.

Miscellaneous

More upgrades to the youth and training facilities, but I haven't had the chance to improve Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment.

The money is still coming in, but it may be another year before we can afford to go professional.

Season 02 (2015-16) Goals

* Survive relegation - SUCCEEDED

* Improve infrastructure - SUCCEEDED - Youth and Training facilities improved

* Go Professional - PENDING - Probably not this season, but I haven't played through the summer yet so you never know

Season 03 (2016-16) Goals

* Finish above 3 sides (exlcuding B teams)

* Get more upgrades

* Go Professional - If it doesn't happen this summer, next season is a must if we are to progress

Season      Division        Position      Dutch Cup       Top Scorer (Goals)  Highest Average Rating (Ave Rating)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2014/15   Jupiler League       16th        4th Round       Danny Menting (16)       Patrick Gerritsen (7.05)
  2015/16   Jupiler League       12th        2nd Round       Danny Menting (16)       Leroy Resodihardjo (7.17)

c08349eb30f32cfb2882f97ab5e5999d.png

:cool: That wasn't expected.

Oh, and following this, they proposed we entered talks over a new full time contract. So I proposed that I would be happy to sign a new deal if the board increased youth recruitment (even though I didn't have the option to ask this in the normal boardroom option!) and they agreed, so I now have a new professional deal and our YR is now up to Basic :cool:.

c08349eb30f32cfb2882f97ab5e5999d.png:cool: That wasn't expected.Oh, and following this, they proposed we entered talks over a new full time contract. So I proposed that I would be happy to sign a new deal if the board increased youth recruitment (even though I didn't have the option to ask this in the normal boardroom option!) and they agreed, so I now have a new professional deal and our YR is now up to Basic :cool:.
Welcome ri916.:)Can I ask how much you had in your bank when you turn professional? Abit of a sore point for me at the moment, looks like it won't happen until we gain promotion.

Welcome ri916.:)Can I ask how much you had in your bank when you turn professional? Abit of a sore point for me at the moment, looks like it won't happen until we gain promotion.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it was approaching the £3m mark. As you seem to have found out, it's basically a no goer unless the club is making a load of money.

Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong thread but it is slightly related.

I want to start off at Belarus side RGUOR Minsk who play in the Belarus 4th tier and try this challenge with them. I want this team specifically as they boast one of the best youth set-ups in the game and i want to complete the challenge using the youth set-up.

Is there anyone who has loaded this team up in one of their saves and if so, could you up-load the save for me? :)

Thanks in advance

I dream of domestic dominance.:rolleyes:

Yeah sure it still counts, there is no time scale in completing. All I ask is you continue to document it in this (FM14) thread and not the FM15 one, as it becomes abit confusing other wise.:thup:

Perfect, will do! Gone are the times I had hours and hours to play FM, this is what marriage does to you lol

Solid first couple of seasons ri916 and congrats on turning pro! I had around £4M in the bank when HIFK turned pro.

I have played another 2 seasons i need to update - not much success mind.

I think it depends on the board. I had a change of board and the option to turn pro was available. I had £2.5 million in the back and the board agreed to turn pro at the start of the next season. they decided to build 600 new seats for 750K at the end of the season which took the finances down to 2.1 Million and the club hasn't turn pro :(

Partizan Minsk - 2014 - Persha Liga - 1st

140px-FC_MTZ-RIPO.svg.png

A great first season in charge and the title at the first attempt. My revised tactic worked well and was distincly more gung ho than my previous 4-4-1-1 that I used doing the dafuge challenge. I built the team around two promising 16-17 year olds from the youth academy Alexandr Bykov and Igor Hleb who were with the club when I arrived. They were augmented by experience journeymen to the most part but were joined later by a number of other up and coming youngsters. The most exiting of these is Valeriy Savon who signed in July from Rechitsa for £13k and looks like he can turn into a quality player. I will be sticking with these young players next season but will need to plug gaps in a number of positions. A new centreback and a striker will be vital.

Persha Liga

The Team

GK Igor Dovgyallo

RB Alexey Khaletskiy

CB Alexandr Bykov

CB Evgeniy Snopko

LB Nikolay Osipovich

BBM Egor Zhavnerchik

DLP Igor Hleb

RW Valeriy Savon

TRQ Vyacheslav Hleb

LW Alexandr Makovskiy

AF Alexandr Makas

Ok here we go,this will be my last save i reckon until FM15,Couldnt work out how to get the teams up that were promoted hence why the slightly later date sorry....

Im the manager at Svilengrad 1921 media prediction of 15th.

qEsCl9Z.png

I have played another 2 seasons i need to update - not much success mind.

I think it depends on the board. I had a change of board and the option to turn pro was available. I had £2.5 million in the back and the board agreed to turn pro at the start of the next season. they decided to build 600 new seats for 750K at the end of the season which took the finances down to 2.1 Million and the club hasn't turn pro :(

In the process of a take over now, so fingers crossed.

Killyleagh 2040/41

Squad | Table | Transfers

This was a better season than recent ones as the team started well before tailing off in nov/dec. Against Kilbide and Linfield the team did very well with a few wins and generally being close games against them, unfortunately it was against other teams that the squad appeared to struggle.

Lost the last game of the season 6-3 to Kilbride who won the title and are as close as i am to completely the challenge :o. However beat theM in the next match to win the Irish cup, my first in 20 seasons. Lost to Linfield in the all-ireland cup final, thrashed 5-1.

In europe reached the 3rd qualifiying rd, in the 1st leg beat Real Betis 2-1 away to raise hopes of progression. In the home leg the team were 6-0 down after 19 minutes :eek: and lost 7-2.

The board decided to increase the capacity by 500 seats at the end of the season as the average capacity was 1640, 140 more than the stadium held. Kilbride by comparison averaged just 270.

On the squad front youth product Dunne (370 apps,73 goals) was let go, re-signed when i missed out on a LM and let go for good. Folan had a terrible season and appears in decline suddenly, luckily Neill stepped up even though his attibutes don't look much. Smyth was again fantastic as was Davidson who is the 2nd striker. He is much more prolific than the other Davidson who played LM this season but has much better attributes and ability.

2041/42

Table | Squad | Transfers

Struggled in this season and only sneaked a euro spot in the last game, miles off Linfield and Kilbride, only managed 1 draw against them. No cup success, in europe the team reached the 3rd qualifying round again and faced Braga. Lost the 1st leg away 3-2 but could only draw the 2nd leg 2-2 to go out.

A new board come in at the start of the season so i missed out of the decent free transfers but they did agree to go pro at the start of the next season. They then announced at the end of the season to build 600 seats for 775K, although a grant reduced the cost by 300K.

My previous transfer record was just £1K which i smashed by paying 64K for Trainor (pic from following season) as none of my midfielders are great tacklers. Disappointed really and only played so many games as folan got injured for 5 months after being in great form and Neill also struggled for form.

O'Neill is my best defender, his injury for 3 months showed how bad the rest are, as a result i let McMullan (276 apps, 11 goals) who had proved good backup go, along with Gray (129 apps). Gray had good attributes and potential but never played well and was mostly restricted to the cups.

Marks (191 apps, 53 goals) was another decent backup player i let go. Davidson equalled the club record for most league goals in a season.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists
2029/30         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2030/31         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2031/32         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2032/33         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2033/34         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2034/35         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2035/36         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2036/37         Premiership       1st       3rd QF-rd EL    League Winners
2037/38         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd CL    None
2038/39         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2039/40         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2040/41         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    Irish Cup winners
2041/42         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2025 Adecco Season Review

League

Another season, another 7th place finish and if it wasn't for our horrendous start to the season we could have comfortably made the play-offs.

In the end our late run wasn't enough and as Moss won their final game, that result meant we couldn't make it. Awful first round exit at the hands of Pors Grenland (0-1).

Kjetil Hansen

Great season in a deep lying play-maker role as he went on to make his 262 appearance in the final game of the season, his best goal return with 4 since the div2 winning season when he notched 11. Also everyone at the club seems to love him.:cool:

Terje Stokka

Player of the season at full back for the most athletic player in the squad.

Fredrik Jonassen

Not many goals about this season and it was pre-season signing Jonassen who prevailed narrowly.

Brynjar Samuelsen (History)

Had hugely disappointing season and I just couldn't put my finger on why. Did my best to try and play him ahead of the ageing Christensen, but he never took his chance. Hopefully this home grown youngster can step it up for the upcoming season.

Next season; on the lookout for some quality wingers to add to the team. Sneak in the play-offs!

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]  [color=#000000]
2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]  
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2019   Second Division (3) 1st      1st rd.        Promotion!          N/A       (11)[/color][color=#000000] Kenneth Småge/[/color]Kjetill Hansen [color=#000000]
2020   Adeccoligaen         6th      1st rd.        Play-Off defeat     N/A       (11) [/color][color=#000000]G[/color][color=#000000][size=2][color=#000000]ø[/color][/size][color=#000000]ren Andreassen
2021   Adeccoligaen         10th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Christensson[color=#000000][color=#000000]
2022   Adeccoligaen         12th[/color][/color]     1st rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2023   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (12) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2024   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     3rd rd.            -                   N/A        (9) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2025   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     1st rd.            -                   N/A        (8) Fredrik Jonassen

Gundo, a similar season again, looks like you need to find a bit more in either attack or defence to make the difference.

Have you thought about using Stokka as a winger? Also Jonassen has odd attributes, rare to see someone with a lot of pace but much lower acceleration.

Gundo, a similar season again, looks like you need to find a bit more in either attack or defence to make the difference.

Have you thought about using Stokka as a winger? Also Jonassen has odd attributes, rare to see someone with a lot of pace but much lower acceleration.

I started to train him for a Winger position at the start of the season and played him there too, however he did disappoint alot due to his poor finishing; regularly missing chances. If I can't secure a better option before the season, then he may well be played as a winger.

Jonassen grabbed the most goals and the most assists, without ever really exciting me. I don't what's next for him, hopefully with an increase in acceleration he will perform better.

As like me you must be frustrated with finishing in the same position season after season. You sounded unlucky v Braga, hopefully next year you can progress beyond QF.:thup:

As like me you must be frustrated with finishing in the same position season after season. You sounded unlucky v Braga, hopefully next year you can progress beyond QF.:thup:

Turning pro is the key, i have been promised again that the club will turn pro at the start of the next season, since i'm still near capacity i expect i will end up with more seats instead.

I did get further in europe losing in the final qualifying rd, lost 2-1 after drawing the 1st leg away 0-0. Linfield got even closer, lost in the EL final Qf-rd to Rangers on away goals after Rangers scored in the 92nd minute!

Still this season is closer, after 20 games the top 3 are just 2 points apart with Killyleagh ahead

I've created 2 or 3 succesful tactics... And then i just stick to them :-D

At this moment my challenge is on standby due to my inability to improve facilities.

which facilities? I found changing my philosophy to develop young players meant the board were more than happy to upgrade all the time

Partizan Minsk - 2015 - Vysshaya Liga - 11th

A reasonable first season in the top flight. My team contains a large number of raw promising youngsters so avoiding relegation was the only realistic aspiration. A season of development will have done my youngsters some good and I am looking to bring in a few more players this summer as I'd like to have the whole team made up of young Belarussian players I can develop on a conveyor belt, selling them on for big fees once they peak.

I should have enough talent for a finish in mid-table next season with the aim being to start challenging for Europe the season after as my first generation of young players hits the 20-21 year old age bracket.

Vysshaya Liga

The Team

GK Andrey Scherbakov - 24 year old keeper picked up from BATE last summer.

RB Andrey Bazey - New signing arrives for £100k from Torpedo Zhodino.

CB Alexandr Bykov - 18 year old centre back was a youth player when I arrived 2 seasons ago. A regular in the Belarus u21 side.

CB Roman Morozov - A free transfer from BATE in pre-season. Didn't have a particularily good year. Liable for replacement.

LB Denis Obrazov - 27 year old picked up from Dinamo Minsk on a free.

BBM Egor Zhavnerchik - Promising youngster graduated from the youth side last summer.

DLP Artem Kubarev - Youngster picked up from Dinamo Minsk last summer and went straight into the first team.

LW Valeriy Savon - UP and coming 18 year old winger was part of my promotion side. Attracting interest from the likes of Monaco and PSG.

TRQ Anton Bubnov - 27 year old playmaker arrived from Gomel last season. Was the star player this season with 16 goals.

RW Alexandr Makas - Played as a striker in the team that won promotion in 2014. Moved to the left wing this season and did okay.

AF Pavel Pavlyuchek - Arrived in pre-season for £12k from Lida. Suffered a bad injury and might lose his place to one of a few good young strikers I have signed.

Forgot to add this guys report in my last update, probably due to the fact he had a stinker of a season. :lol:

Brynjar Samuelsen (History)

Had a hugely disappointing season and I just couldn't put my finger on why. Did my best to try and play him ahead of the ageing Christensen, but he never took his chance. Hopefully this home grown youngster can step it up for the upcoming season.

B]Partizan Minsk - 2016 - Vysshaya Liga - 8th[/b]

The season started with a bang, two days after my last update PSG bid £5m for right winger Valeriy Savon. These funds should allow us to push on and develop as I want.

A 8th place finish looks comfortable but for the first two thirds of the season we were definately in a relegation battle. I resorted to using my more defensive 41221 formation which allowed us to grind out some impressive points including a 2-1 win away at champions BATE. I think the way forward will be a mix of my two tactics (the 41221 is a variant of my 4231 with the AMC moved back into a DMC role). Even when we are strong enough to dominate the Belarussian league we will need to be more pragmatic in European competition.

Outside of the league, we enjoyed a run to the cup final. A win would have given us European football but it was not to be. We lost 1-0 to Neman Grodno.

The team is now healthily made up of teenagers with a handful of veterans. Some of the youngsters are starting to assert themselves and the likes of Pavlychek and Kubarev are stars in their own right.

Vysshaya Liga

The Team

GK Andrey Scherbakov - Decent keeper, one of the better performers this season.

RB Evgeniy Yurchak - 17 year old rightback broke into the first team mid-season.

CB Alexandr Bykov - 19 year old came through the youth system 3 seasons ago. A fixture in the u21 side.

CB Igor Aleinikov - Signed from RUOR at the start of the season. Went straight into the first team. Very promising.

LB Qara Qarayev - Azerbaijan internation left back. Signed on a free at the start of the season.

BBM Egor Zhavnerchik - 18 year old improved a lot this season and performed much better this season.

DLP Artem Kubarev - One of the key players and developing very well.

RW Anto Skramchenko - Signed on a free from Dnepr Mogliev to replace Savon.

TRQ Sergei Mosnikov - Estonian international playmaker. Had a decent season but I might have expected more.

LW Vladimir Schegrikovich - Promising left winger developed well until he suffered a broken arm late in the season.

AF Pavel Pavlyuchek - 18 year old star striker. Improved his performances on last year but still not delivering just yet.

Partizan Minsk - 2017 - Vysshaya Liga - 2nd

Vysshaya Liga

A much improved season saw us finish second to an impressive Shaktar Soligorsk side. Progressing and winning the league will be difficult as frankly, Shaktar have a much stronger squad than I do. We will give it a good go next season.

The team is built around young Belarussians still. Some of my clutch of youngsters have developed better than others but the core I have developed. I have augmented them with a couple of players from ex-Soviet Union nations and my maverick Iraqi playmaker Hadi who has won all my awards this season.

The Team

GK Jairo Quionez - Young Columbian keeper. Promising and did well after a free transfer from Pasto.

RB Evgeniy Yurchak - 18 year old fullback. Progressing, may make the grade.

CB Alexandr Bykov - 20 year old centreback was once the star of the team having come through the youth side. Not developed as well as I'd have liked.

CB Igor Aleinikov - Star centreback. Only 18 and a commanding precense at the back. Scored 10 goals.

LB Qara Qarayev - Azerbaijani left back. Bad a decent season.

BBM Egor Egor Zhavnerchik - Yound midfielder, Doing well but needs to impact games more.

DLP Artem Kubarev - 20 year old midfielder anchors the midfield well.

RW Alexandr Cherepanov - 18 year old Kazak winger. Adds pace up the right, added 7 goals and 9 assists.

TRQ Hoomoodi Hadi - 20 year old Iraqi playmaker had a fantastic season with 14 goals and 18 assists. Won the leagues best foreigner award.

LW Igor Stasevich - Veteran left winger. Picked up on a free from Arsenal Kyiv

AF Pavel Pavlyuchek - 19 year old striker, finally proving his worth. Scored 17 league goals, double his previous seasons best.

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2035/36 - Ukrainian Premier League

At last. Been ages since my last update.

League: 1st (Positions)

Cup: Lost the final to arch-rivals Shaktar.

Ukrainian supercup: Winners!

Europe: Champions league group stage. Last 16, lost to Manchester City.

After a sloppy start we found our feet and won the league comfortably in the end. It is now three in a row for us. Domestically I think we will dominate now, all we have to do is to strengthen the team for Europe.

We did fairly well in the CL, but are som way behind the top teams in Europe. We are bleeding money as well, so it will be a long, patient approach to get better players. We got our stadium upgrade, but it is not enough to earn money. We need the CL-money every year,

Nice to get back to the save though, and I will persist until I have finished this challenge.

Best player: Ilya Bilyk: Ukrainan and a great player. Work tirelessly up and down the wing.

Top scorer: Filip Stancic: Really talented, and a great player. Most important player in my team.

Youth prospect: Anatoliy Koleda: It has been a long time since my youth players broke in to the first team. Could this one make it?

Economy: Worrying. As the saying goes: "It is not easy to make money in Ukraine:lol:"

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 14760 (13428)

Next season: Progress in the CL.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 
2025/26   |  Prem    |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   ( 7) 
2026/27   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 7) 
2027/28   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 9) 
2028/29   |  Prem    |   11[size=1]th[/size]    | Final |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (10) 
2029/30   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         (12) 
2030/31   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Ivan Krumov        ( 9)
2031/32   |  Prem    |    2[size=1]nd[/size]    | 3.rnd | CL-groups |     Leandro            (17)
2032/33   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl | CL-groups |     Leandro            (24)
2033/34   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  | EL-Qfinal |     Leandro            (26)
2034/35   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    |  Win  |  EL-Final |     Filip Stancic      (21)
2035/36   |  Prem    |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | Final | CL-last 16|     Filip Stancic      (15)

129129.png

HIFK - 2021 Veikkausliiga

Veikkausliiga

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Expectation: Win the Title

My Target: Win the Title

League Table: 1st ǁ Position Graph

This was quite a comfortable win, it is becoming easy to win the league now.

Suomen Cup

Fixtures

A relatively simple path to the final, with a tight 1-0 over second division side MYPA.

Veikkausliiga Liigacup

Group Stage ǁ Knock-Out Stages

We have finally won this one! After getting through the group stages comfortably we beat Honka on the way and our rivals HJK easily in the final.

Champions League

Fixtures ǁ Champions League Group Stage

We made it to the Champions League Group Stages for the first time! We did it quite comfortably, beating Jeunesse Esch, Elfsborg and BATE without major problems on the way. We didn't disgrace ourselves completely in the group stages as well, getting a win over Galatasaray and a draw with Ajax, but ultimately coming last in the group. Ver y happy with the money we got!

HIFK

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

A lot of movement again as I tried signing good young players, extending the loan deal of Coquinho was excellent. I was very happy to sign an excellent Finnish player in Kim Iljäs from Schalke and I think he could become our next DM for years to come.

Key Players

Niklas Friberg: Solid right back bought from FC Inter.

Colin Mason: Managed to pick him up on a free, very good signing.

Ezequiel Moyano: Excellent striker brought in on a free from Agentina.

Kim Demir: Another good season from the Swede.

Other News

Finances – Champions League money is awesome.

Next Season Targets

1. Retain the title.

2. Reach an European Group Stage.

3. Start signing young players to comply with HG rules, failed to do so last year.

I think that domestically we are starting to dominate now, so our focus has to be in Europe. Reaching the Group Stages will be vital for our finances and the nations coefficients.

Career Overview

Season     League          Pos       Suomen Cup          Liigacup        Europe           Other Achievements
2014       Ykkönen         6th       Seventh Round       N/A             N/A              N/A
2015       Ykkönen         3rd       Fourth Round        N/A             N/A              N/A
2016       Ykkönen         4th       Fourth Round        N/A             N/A              N/A
2017       Ykkönen         1st       Winners             N/A             N/A              Promotion and EL Qualification
2018       Veikkausliiga   2nd       Semi-Final          Semi-Final      EL 2nd Qual.     EL Qualification
2019       Veikkausliiga   1st       Winners             Runners Up      EL 3rd Qual.     Double and CL Qualification
2020       Veikkausliiga   1st       Winners             Semi-Final      EL Group Stage   Double and CL Qualification
2021       Veikkausliiga   1st       Winners             Winners         CL Group Stage   Treble and CL Qualification

Archived