Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2022 Adecco Season Review

Brief update. We survived - just! Our form tailed right off again second half of the season, I can't really put my finger on what is going wrong with that?? :confused: Oh and our Cup form still tends to suck.

League

Squad

Not many players worthy of a mention here.

Kjetill Hansen

Played his 184 match in the final game of this season for Staal and in truth he probably wouldn't have made it to that many but we can't attract anyone better.

Mathias Garud

Top scorer, but not the most determined of players.

Next season; Get bored of saying this but... Safety again.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]  [color=#000000]
2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]  
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2019   Second Division (3) 1st      1st rd.        Promotion!          N/A       (11)[/color][color=#000000] Kenneth Småge/[/color]Kjetill Hansen [color=#000000]
2020   Adeccoligaen         6th      1st rd.        Play-Off defeat     N/A       (11) [/color][color=#000000]G[/color][color=#000000][size=2][color=#000000]ø[/color][/size][color=#000000]ren Andreassen
2021   Adeccoligaen         10th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Christensson[color=#000000][color=#000000]
2022   Adeccoligaen         12th[/color][/color]     1st rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Grorud

And apologies for being overly negative.:)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HBS Den Haag - Jupiler League (Netherlands) - 2016/17

2lrcb1s.png

Table | Past Positions | Squad | Transfers

The club reputation is growing, the finance are OK and I am allowed to scout in France.

Therefore I was able to made great signings at the DM and CB spots.

I brought in a lot of french players. Maybe too many. The team suffered from a lack of cohesion at the start of the season.

We had a rough start but quickly the team became solid. Everything was going well, very well.

We were on top after 25 games. Even crushing VVV (the eventual winner of the league) 0-8 !!??

The last part of the season was more difficult but we managed to finish 2nd.

Unfortunately this 2nd position does not secure a promotion. Had to participate in the promotion play-offs.

...and we lost in the last round of those play offs. It was not even close. Got destroyed by the team from one tier above (Eredivisie).

This is a little bit dissapointing as we were so close to the promotion.

But it's clear now that we'll play to win the league next year.

We need maybe a little bit of firepower from my forwards and the right midfielder position.

We Lost in the third round of the Dutch Cup to AZ. But managed to beat a team from Eredivisie in the second round which shows that the team could already compete at a higher level.

Best players of this season

Roy de Ruiter - Our best forward. 23 goals. Breakthrough year. Took Shane Parris' place. Scored 5 goals in the same game !!!

Diego Karg - Played along side de Ruiter. His best season. 14 goals and 8 assists in 28 games.

Maikel Lange - A newcomer. Plays on the left wing. He provided a lot of assists.

Mike Koenders - My german left back. 13 assists this year. Played well with Lange on the left side.

Season   |      League     | Position  |     Europe    |      Top scorer        
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  |     Jupiler     |   11st     |     N/A      |  Shane Parris (19)
2015/16  |     Jupiler     |   10th     |     N/A      |  Shane Parris, Robby Holder (12)
2016/17  |     Jupiler     |   2nd      |     N/A      |  Roy de Ruiter (23)

Brilliant season XaW! That should really help with your group stage seeding. How big is your stadium now?

Thanks. Next season (after the one I have started now) Hungary have 2 team in the CL one of them directly into the group. I still have a very small stadium at around 5k (all standing), so we usually use Videotons stadium when playing in Europe.

Nice win and really impressive season.:thup: In Diakité it looks like you have found the next Drogba. :cool:

Thanks, I sure hope he'll keep delivering.

Great season Xaw, the profits problem with the shareholders taking it is one i hate, keep spending it on upgrades. I agree with Gundo, Diakite is a beast, if you could get his mental stats up further :eek:

Yeah, they've taken the profits from us the last few seasons now, but as long as I can keep getting better facilities, youth coaching and recruitment each season, I'm happy. I hope Diakité will be a great part the next years. I don't have any great mentors for him, so I might get in a veteran with great mental stats just for that.

HBS Den Haag - Jupiler League (Netherlands) - 2017/18

2lrcb1s.png

This season looked a lot similar as the previous one. Unfortunately. :(

We had a bad start once again, then climbed up to the 1st place after 17 games and stayed in the top-6 all season.

We eventually finished 4th with 73pts (had 75pts last year).

Then in the promotion play-offs we got killed. A very poor performance in that game as we were not able to beat a team that got a player sent off at the home and away games...

This is becoming frustrating.

If I look back at the previous years 73pts would have given me the win in 2014 and 2015 seasons. It's only good for 4th place this season.

I did not change the squad a lot on purpose but we still had a poor start. And my new players were awful, all season long. Opoku was a huge disapointment.

As only the top spot secures a promotion we have to go through those play-offs each year and we have been terrible in those games.

Now I am not sure I will be able to re-sign all my players. They are asking for a lot of money now. I don't know what kind of team I'll be able to build for next year. :(

We lost the first game of the Dutch Cup

Roy de Ruiter - Was still fantstic this year. 25 goals in 33 apps. Our key player. Too bad he was injured for the play-offs. :(

Maikel Lange - Still very active on the left wing. A lot of assists from him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  |     Jupiler     |   10th     |     N/A      |  Shane Parris, Robby Holder (12)
2017/18  |     Jupiler     |   4th      |     N/A      |  Roy de Ruiter (25)

Season Review 2020/21

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2020/21 - Superliga

Squad - Fixtures Fall - Fixtures Spring - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 11th - Relegation

Danish cup: 1st Rnd away loss to SønderjyskE, 0-2

Best result: 4-1 away win against FC Nordsjælland

Worst result: 0-3 home loss to OB

Top goalscorer: Jacob Jensen, 9(9 in the league)

Most assists: Jacob Jensen, 6(6 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Kasper Bredal, 6.98 (6.98 in the league)

2020/21 Quick takes:

- We dominated the bottom 6 in terms of possesion, shots (excl. long shots) and CCC's

- The efficiency in the penalty boxes made us go down.

- While Jensen became our topscorer he missed a ton of open chances.

- We were naive and attacking when playing the top-4 and never was close to winning against them most of the time.

Player of the season:

Kasper Bredal - GK - We could have fared a lot worse if it wasn't for Bredal

Other Key Players

Casper Sørensen - D/DM/M C - The loanee had a pretty good season.

Mads Jessen - M/AM C - Late addition. Played well but couldn't do it alone.

Bo Hansen - DM - Hope I can keep him. Played okay, but will excel in the 1st division.

Season Review 2021/22

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2021/22 - 1st division

Final position: 1st - Promotion

Danish cup: 2nd Rnd home loss to Veje, 0-1

Best result: 6-2 away win against Frem

Worst result: 0-0 home loss to Vejl (In the cup)

Top goalscorer: Kim Schæffer, 22 (22 in the league)

Most assists: Kim Schæffer, 16 (16 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Rodney Richardson, 7.56 (7.56 in the league)

2021/22 Quick takes:

- Schæffer dominated. Unfortunately he's leaving this summer. He was on the bench for most of the spring.

- Impressive 92-22 goal difference. Bredal and the defense have been excellent.

- New record in points in the 1st division.

- Apparently our finances are insecure? We have 2 million in the bank? Must be the debt from the stadium building.

Player of the season:

Tadhg Gallagher - D L - Exciting play from the young irish back

Other Key Players

Emilio Marcondes - AM C / ST - Late addition. Played a variety of positions, but overall did well.

Rodney Richardson - ST - Signed when Schæffer announces he was leaving. Gonna be a beast even in the Superliga. This guy is a monster aerial presence.

Kim Schæffer - AM RC / ST - Showed his true potential. Benched when he found a new club.

Season Review 2022/23

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2022/23 - Superliga

Final position: 6th

Danish cup: Quarterfinal away loss to AaB, 0-1

Best result: 4-2 away win against AGF

Worst result: 1-3 home loss to OB

Top goalscorer: Rodney Richardson, 12 (12 in the league)

Most assists: Michael Munk, 18 (17 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Michael Munk & Emiliano Marcondes, 7.08 (7.00 & 7.07 in the league)

2022/23 Quick takes:

- 3 games against rivals AGF. 3 wins :-)

- We had a rough patch early in 2023 but changed it for the better

- Offensive trio Marcondes, Munk and Richardson played well, without being extraordinary.

- Farewell Bredal. You've been a loyal servant. Untill you signed for 6-time consecutive champions FCK.

Player of the season:

Emiliano Marcondes - AM C / ST - Was crucial in some important games

Other Key Players

Kasper Bredal - GK - Club record in apps. Farewell Bredal. Once again a solid season.

Joe Taylor - DM/M C - Sad to loose this guy. He has been a fearless fighter on the midfield.

Michael Munk - AM C / ST - Played well. Should have scored some more though.

HBS Den Haag - Jupiler League (Netherlands) - 2018/19

2lrcb1s.png

Another disappointing season. With a brutal finish. :(

Once again we missed the promotion. Finished 2nd in the league. Only 1 point behind the first place. So close...

Then we lost in the promotion playoff playing very poorly. Losing 0-3 at home... This game is vicious.

Our team played pretty well this season though. Our recruits on the right wing were great.

I'm only frustrated by our strikers at this point. Except Roy de Ruiter of course. I need upgrades at this spot.

Now I need to calm down, strengthen the team once again and hope that we'll finally get that top spot.

We had a good run un the Dutch Cup. We even beat powerhouse PSV in an epic game !

Bassou Boulghalgh - A newcomer. Right-winger. Played well with Rivieyran.

Cyriaque Rivieyran - Another recruit. A french right wing back. Good first season.

Maikel Lange - Still solid on the left wing.

2017/18  |     Jupiler     |   4th      |     N/A      |  Roy de Ruiter (25)
2018/19  |     Jupiler     |   2nd      |     N/A      |  Roy de Ruiter (13)

Season Review 2023/24

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2023/24 - Superliga

Final position: 2nd - Champions League qual.

Danish cup: Semifinal loss to FC Midtjylland, 3-4 on aggregate

Best result: 2-0 away win against OB

Worst result: 3-4 home loss to FC Midtjylland (Cup)

Top goalscorer: Michael Munk, 24 (22 in the league)

Most assists: Julian Schultz, 24 (22 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Julian Schultz, 7.42(7.44 in the league)

2023/24 Quick takes:

- We lost the championship by loosing all three games to 4th place Brøndby. Without even scoring a goal :-(

- We were very good untill injuries put out our first and second choice AMC at a crucial time.

- Topscorer Michael Munk is leaving after the season. He's off to Rayo Vallecano. On a free... grrr...

- Our full backs have been playing particularly well and is a big part of the succes.

Player of the season:

Julian Schultz - M/AM C - The Austrian international fits perfectly in our newly adjusted system

Other Key Players

Kristoffer Bulterud - GK - Has been amazing. Conceding only 30 goals and keeping 14 clean sheets.

Tadhg Gallagher - D L - Played all but two games in the league. Very consistent.

Michael Munk - AM C / ST - Gutted to see him leave. But he's wasn't interested in renewing. Not even talks of renewing.

Things have started very well this season, 4 games in and we've had 3 wins and 1 draw. I've changed our tactics to a more attacking 3-5-2, in the style of LVG's United style. Having dumped the rather rigid 4-4-1-1 that seems to have become quite stale past few seasons.

Season Review 2024/25

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2024/25 - Superliga

Final position: 1st - Champions!

Danish cup: Win! - 4-1 against AaB in the final

Best result: 4-1 win against AaB

Worst result: 1-2 home loss to rivals AGF

Top goalscorer: Marino Perisic, 19 (17 in the league)

Most assists: Janik Fischer, 18 (14 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Billy O'Halloran, 7.36(7.46 in the league)

2024/25 Quick takes:

- Once again our fullbacks have been amazing, but even though they have potential they're not evolving :-(

- Winning the double has sparked interest in several players.

- Simply a great season.

Player of the season:

Billy O'Halloran - D R - Breakout year for Billy after being overshadowed by Gallagher

Other Key Players

William Morin - DM/M C - Really good at DM. Few cards.

Janik Fischer - ST - Great Target Man! The loanee goes back to Dortmund. We have his replacement ready.

Marino Perisic - ST - Surpassed Duda as Fischers partner early and didn't look back!

timo, very unlucky not to get promoted. Fingers crossed for a 1st place finish next season and avoiding those playoffs!

Muggert, great season! Shame you couldn't clinch the title, but I'm sure it won't be too long until you do!

You were right!!

Muggert, flying through the seasons, great double. Were you disappointed not to do better in europe?

Yes I was... I'm having trouble finding quality players... And I haven't had the expansion to our training ground I wanted. The screen said they were planning but after three years I was still on the same. So i tried once again, and now I finally am getting my improvement.

It set us back some years though. I need to develop my own talent. That's difficult with rubbish facilities.

I tend to use instant result button against the bottom 6. That combined with the holidays for me has meant I'm flying through the seasons :-)

Yes I was... I'm having trouble finding quality players... And I haven't had the expansion to our training ground I wanted. The screen said they were planning but after three years I was still on the same. So i tried once again, and now I finally am getting my improvement.

It set us back some years though. I need to develop my own talent. That's difficult with rubbish facilities.

I tend to use instant result button against the bottom 6. That combined with the holidays for me has meant I'm flying through the seasons :-)

Not this time either. It's a bug.. Not really motivating ;-)

This game is sent to try us, I can never remember struggling as much as I have on FM14. Can't attract players of good enough quality and I think that in some part down to not turning pro, which in a division below the the top flight when the top 5 or 6 are big clubs and professional is hard work.

Oh well back to another season of meritocracy in season four in the Norwegian first division.:o

This game is sent to try us, I can never remember struggling as much as I have on FM14. Can't attract players of good enough quality and I think that in some part down to not turning pro, which in a division below the the top flight when the top 5 or 6 are big clubs and professional is hard work.

Oh well back to another season of meritocracy in season four in the Norwegian first division.:o

Being pro seems to make a huge difference. Pro clubs can attract far better players even if lower in reputation.

I know how you feel with FM14, i have struggled with everything especially tactics and defending. For me its all to do with the removal of sliders and the inability to set up each player

Being pro seems to make a huge difference. Pro clubs can attract far better players even if lower in reputation.

I know how you feel with FM14, i have struggled with everything especially tactics and defending. For me its all to do with the removal of sliders and the inability to set up each player

I have struggled with tactics too, but then I think is it the tactics or the crap players I have at my disposal.:lol:

My plan for this version was to get this challenge completed finally and as quickly as I could. But that hasn't worked out and after relegations/sackings I am still struggling.

I will however plod on for abit yet, in the hope I can escape this division and than I can at least say I achieved something on FM14.:)

I have struggled with tactics too, but then I think is it the tactics or the crap players I have at my disposal.:lol:

My plan for this version was to get this challenge completed finally and as quickly as I could. But that hasn't worked out and after relegations/sackings I am still struggling.

I will however plod on for abit yet, in the hope I can escape this division and than I can at least say I achieved something on FM14.:)

I don't think i'm going to achieve anything on FM14, 26 seasons on this challenge and just 1 league win and 1 cup win (when i was in the league below!). Haven't even managed to get to the final qualifying round in europe.

Doing it more to see how many apps the team can get for ackters challenge and in the vague hope i can stumble on a winning tactic in time for FM15 :)

Oh my god.. Been so busy with work and the festive season recently, I just managed to finish up the season.

Season 2024 Review

Logo_zps9bf6c956.png

Steinkjer FK

Season Review: Unbeatables. We went through the season undefeated in the league, with only 3 draws. A great performance from the team, even qualifying from the death group of the Champions League, beating Barcelona 4-1 and 0-5, and FC Bayern 4-1. Hope this coming season will be our season to win the Champions League.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Champions

Media prediction: 1st

Norwegian Cup: Winner

European Champions League 2024/25: Playoff

Results:

Premier Division: 1st | League Table | Player Stats

Norwegian Cup: Winner

European Champions Cup 2023/24: Semi Final

European Champions Cup 2024/25: 1st in Group D

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Yannick Songo'o: The departure of Goran Sculac has spurred this lad to secure his place as a permanent striker in the team. Picked up the role of goal-getter when Bravo was off form. For that, he was awarded the 2024 Norwegian Premier Division Top Goalscorer.

Halvor Loberg: A new entry, but I doubt it to be his last. He's really starting to mature into the role of a winger for my team, be it on the right or left. Wish he could pick up a bit more speed though, but showing a real eye for important goals at the moment, so I'm not complaining too much. Named the 2024 Norwegian Midfielder of the Year, third placed for Player of the Year and runner-up for Players' Young Player of the Year.

Gaston Bravo: Started off real strong but kinda drop in performance towards the end of the season. But after a little bit of warning, he bucked up and picked up the pace in the last few Champions League matches. Nonetheless, he is still named the 2024 Norwegian Player and Attacker of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

Batch 2024

Per Magnus Hauge | Intake | Year 1: Our new gem. Wish I could get a good keeper regen though. But well, gotta be thankful. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this boy's growth. Scored in his debut, and if I can just get his determination to go up a bit higher, I'm sure he'll train better.

Halvor Loberg | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2 | Year 3 | Year 4: Hmm, a bit afraid to get him tutored, lest I reduce his determination.

Jan Inge Steinkjer | Intake | Year 1 | Year 2: Has a new competitor in Per Magnus Hauge, so he has to show he can improve, or out he goes when I get a good enough price on him.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Retain the league.

2) Quater-Finals for ECC at least?

3) Strengthen my defence/goalkeeper.

Year   Division          Position   Champions League   Norwegian Cup      Euro Cup          Notes
2014   Oddsenligaen      1st        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2015   Adeccoligaen      3rd        -                  Third Round        -                 -
2016   Adeccoligaen      2nd        -                  Quarter Final      -                 Promoted
2017   Tippeligaen       6th        -                  Winner             -                 Qualified for Euro Cup
2018   Tippeligaen       2nd        -                  Runner-up          Playoff           Qualified for Euro Cup
2019   Tippeligaen       1st        -                  Winner             3rd Q.Round       Qualified for Champions League
2020   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Fourth Round       -                 EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2021   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Runner-up          1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2022   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Winner             1st Knockout Rnd  EL 1st Knockout Rnd
2023   Tippeligaen       1st        Group Stage        Winner             2nd Knockout Rnd  ECC Qualified from Grp
2024   Tippeligaen       1st        Semi Final         Winner             -                 ECC Qualified from Grp

Killyleagh 2038/39

Table | Squad |Transfers

Not much to say about this season, started quite well but kept drawing games which meant the team fell further and further behind. Lost a number of games in mar and Apr to finish 3rd. No cup success, in europe reached the 3rd Qualifying rd before being beaten in both legs by Nantes.

Finances are about the same, around 2 million.

The defence was poor and the midfield inconsistant. James signed for Kilbride on a bosman and was released on the same day :confused:, i resigned him a few months later as i was short on the right hand side.

Up front alan davidson was injured so Smyth and Meehan led the line. Meehan scored a club record number of league goals in a season, not bad for someone who may be the 4th best striker after the arrival of James Davidson.

2039/40

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started this season well again, winning all 7 games games to go top. A nightmare nov and dec where the team lost almost every game meant that the title was gone by xmas. I fiddled with the defensive setup for the rest of the season as the team generally floundered unable to string a series of wins together. No cup success. In europe i faced Helsingborg in the 2nd Qfy rd, the team won 2-1 in the home leg and scored an early away goal, that was as good as it got with the team losing 7-3.

Club legend Meehan (599 apps, 287 goals) left on a bosman as he wanted far too much in wages. Mullan (186 apps, 6 goals) also left having been a useful backup player for many years.

Smyth has another great season and took over the captaincy from Meehan as well. The defence was poor again so i ended up putting in O'Neil who i had bought at the start of the season, he performed great and his attributes shot up, could be the first choice for years if i can keep hold of him.

Season            League    Position        Europe           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Championship 2    3rd                       None
2015/16         Championship 2    9th                       None
2016/17         Championship 2    2nd                       Promoted
2017/18         Championship 1    5th                       None
2018/19         Championship 1    3rd                       None
2019/20         Championship 1    4th                       Irish cup finalists
2020/21         Championship 1    1st       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup Winners,Intermediate Cup winners, Promoted.
2021/22         Premiership       5th       1st QF-rd EL    None
2022/23         Premiership       4th                       None
2023/24         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2024/25         Premiership       3rd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2025/26         Premiership       4th       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, All-Ireland cup finalists
2026/27         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    None
2027/28         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2028/29         Premiership       2nd       1st QF-rd EL    Irish cup, League cup finalists
2029/30         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2030/31         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2031/32         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2032/33         Premiership       2nd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2033/34         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    None
2034/35         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd EL    CAS winners
2035/36         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd EL    None
2036/37         Premiership       1st       3rd QF-rd EL    League Winners
2037/38         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd CL    None
2038/39         Premiership       3rd       3rd QF-rd CL    None
2039/40         Premiership       3rd       2nd QF-rd CL    None

Solid seasons TheBaker.:thup: Crikey what did James do to annoy Kilbride to be released so quick.:lol:

I think i know what happened, he signed in Feb on a bosman. I noticed however midway through the next year 39/40 that due to their poor finances (-55K value on the club finance screen)they had turned back to semi-pro on the season start (20th jun). So James had been signed on a FT contract and that was somehow invalided by them being semi-pro. The chairman has obviously pumped more money in as they have gone pro again with 4 million value at the start of 40/41, which is also i guess the magic number for turning pro.

I'm getting a deju vu feeling about this game, started another season well, leading after 10 games inc beating Linfield 5-2 away. Lost to Kilbride in the next and kept dropping points, now 8 games later i'm 8 points behind.

In europe (3rd Qf -rd) i beat Real Betis 2-1 away, in the 2nd leg at home i was 6-0 down after 18 mins :eek: losing 7-1.

staaljorpeland_zpsac994bea.png

Staal Jørpeland IL 2023 Adecco Season Review

What can I say? Well the players did brilliant this season and that after ropey 1/3 things picked up and we went on a great run of form. The defence was unrecognisable compared to last few seasons and in the league only conceded 28 in the 30 games.:thup: Narrowly missed out on making the play-offs by two points. One thing to note about the league and my struggles, were that the six teams that finished above me happened to be the only 6 professional clubs in the division. Cup form sucked again and getting used to being knocked out in the second round.

League

Tactics wise I tried something new with 4-2-3-1 that after a brief experiment with 3-5-2 at the start.

Squad

Alot of good solid performers this season and I couldn't knock most of them as they all played there part.

Kjetil Hansen

Reverted to right back now and he still had a positive effect going forward as he continued to play his part by marauding forward at every opportunity.:thup:

Mathias Grorud

Best player again and bagged top scorer with 12. Very important player in the lone forward role.

Next season; Recruit better quality players in key areas and try to scrape in the play-offs. Integrate more youth players into the first team squad.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
2014   Second Division (3) 7th     2nd rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Erik Jøssang[/i]  [color=#000000]
2015   Second Division (3) 6th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (13)[i] Arne Dalehaug[/i][/color]  
[color=#000000]2016   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (12)[i] Arne Dalehaug [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2017   Second Division (3) 5th      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (15)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2018   Second Division (3) 2nd      2nt rd.           -                  N/A       (11)[i] Stian Sleveland [/i][/color][color=#000000]
2019   Second Division (3) 1st      1st rd.        Promotion!          N/A       (11)[/color][color=#000000] Kenneth Småge/[/color]Kjetill Hansen [color=#000000]
2020   Adeccoligaen         6th      1st rd.        Play-Off defeat     N/A       (11) [/color][color=#000000]G[/color][color=#000000][size=2][color=#000000]ø[/color][/size][color=#000000]ren Andreassen
2021   Adeccoligaen         10th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Christensson[color=#000000][color=#000000]
2022   Adeccoligaen         12th[/color][/color]     1st rd.            -                   N/A        (10) Grorud
[color=#000000][color=#000000]2023   Adeccoligaen         7th[/color][/color]     2nd rd.            -                   N/A        (12) Grorud

Something more positive for a change.:)

I think i know what happened, he signed in Feb on a bosman. I noticed however midway through the next year 39/40 that due to their poor finances (-55K value on the club finance screen)they had turned back to semi-pro on the season start (20th jun). So James had been signed on a FT contract and that was somehow invalided by them being semi-pro. The chairman has obviously pumped more money in as they have gone pro again with 4 million value at the start of 40/41, which is also i guess the magic number for turning pro.I'm getting a deju vu feeling about this game, started another season well, leading after 10 games inc beating Linfield 5-2 away. Lost to Kilbride in the next and kept dropping points, now 8 games later i'm 8 points behind.In europe (3rd Qf -rd) i beat Real Betis 2-1 away, in the 2nd leg at home i was 6-0 down after 18 mins :eek: losing 7-1.

That's good to know about turning professional. Is that same with human controlled clubs; you'd have to have close to 4 million in the bank before the Board would consider it?

I hope things get better in Europe next season. Europe seems a million miles away for me currently.

That's good to know about turning professional. Is that same with human controlled clubs; you'd have to have close to 4 million in the bank before the Board would consider it?

I hope things get better in Europe next season. Europe seems a million miles away for me currently.

Thats a value which i assume takes into account facilities and player value. Kilbride have a smaller stadium but slightly better training facilities. player values are probably more. Killyleagh value is 2.6 million with 2.4 million in the bank.

Well done on your season, tough to just miss out on the playoffs. How close do you think you are to turning pro?

Cheers. Yeah well I fear it might not happen until I gain promotion, which I think it'll be a case of us scraping into the playoffs and going up that way. Feeling quite positive now about the new season after the decent season we just had.

anybody reccommend a nation i could start with quite fancy this..
Depends what you are looking for, Most will have positive things to say about the nations they are managing in. I'm in Norway, have a crack every year with a Norwegian club as it's a nice league set up. Always fancied an Eastern European save though.

XaW - Veszprém - OTP Bank Liga (Hungary) - 2023/24

We are a very dominant force in Hungary now, and we proved ourselves by going the entire season unbeaten this time around. Retaining the title turned our to be very easy for us, but Debrecen put up a good fight before failing in the final matches to try to keep up. An amazing season by the whole team, and I'm confident of going further than 6 in a row.

Before the season started we played in the Szuperkupa against Debrecen, and we won it again after an easy 3-0 victory. In the Magyar Kupa we won against Ferencváros, MTK, Pacs and Pápa before going up against Debrecen in the final. If was 1-1 at full time, so we went into extra time. We managed to get in two more goals to win it 3-1. In the Ligakupa we got past the group stage ahead of Győr, Ajka and Siófok. We also beat Pápa, Puskás Akadémia and Újpest before playing against Videoton in the final. We struggled a bit, but managed to hold on to a 2-1 win and a full domestic clean sweep.

We also had another try in the Champions League. Once again we started in the qualifying rounds and in the 2nd qualifying round we were up against Sheriff of Moldova. We beat them with ease to progress to the next round. In the 3rd qualifying round we got FC Inter of Finland and once again beat them quite easily to go to the playoff. There we met Dinamo of Croatia. A poor 1-1 at home got better with a 2-0 win away to go the group stage. We once again got a tough draw in Real Madrid, HSV and Benfica. Still, we somehow managed to go through after placing on top of the group! In the 1st knockout round we got drawn against Manchester City. A very close 0-1 loss away got followed by a 2-2 at home to end our European campaign this season. Still, a great effort.

We have finally gotten the board to improve the stadium, and finally some seats. Not sure about the final capacity yet, but it should be better than it is. I've also gotten an improvement to the youth and training facilites through.

Instead of showing the best players I though I'd post the profile of my first 11 and some of the subs who have had an impact this season.

Paul Murphy - Our main GK. Solid and rarely makes mistakes.

Olexandr Makarenko - His 7th season with us and are one of the experienced players.

Tadeusz Szafran - A very good left back.

Benjamin Van der Ackerveken - Our captain and the longest serving playing in my squad.

Luís Silva - A great defender, also a goalscoring threat at corners and freekicks.

Vaclav Urbanek - Our main pivot in midfield, controls our entire offensive play.

Paul Florea - Partner in crime to Urbanek in central midfield.

Ștefan Constantin - A great season on the right wing.

José Manuel - Plays on the left wing as an inside forward and does great.

Camilo Hernández - Our offensive midfielder who's main job is to provide the striker and score himself. Did great, but a bit injury prone.

Christian Diakité - Finally! The big man up top. An amazing 67 goals this season!

The usual subs:

Slavko Saric - Versatile, and usually the first to step into the defense.

Jon Ommundsen - Gets some playtime, both as striker and right winger.

Miklós Csoór - Big talent, and got some games.

Győrgy Császár - Another good season.

2014/15  |        NBII     |   1st     |     N/A        |  Richárd Horváth (19)
2015/16  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   7th     |     N/A        |  Attila Osváth (18)
2016/17  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   4th     |     N/A        |  Richárd Horváth (25)
2017/18  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   2nd     |  EL play-off   |  Alexander García (33)
2018/19  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   1st     |  EL play-off   |  Richárd Horváth (37)
2019/20  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   1st     |CL grp/EL 1st KO|  Alexander García (35)
2020/21  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   1st     |   CL group     |  Pavel Bondarev (37)
2021/22  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   1st     |   CL group     |  Alexander García / Paul Florea (28)
2022/23  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   1st     |   CL semis     |  Christian Diakité (39)
2023/24  |  OTP Bank Liga  |   1st     |   CL 1st KO    |  Christian Diakité (67)

I'm going to have another crack at this challenge. Spent a few hours looking around the leagues I fancied, decided on the Slovakian league.

Going for FC Petrzalka 1898, probably a popular choice I would imagine what with their history as Artmedia Bratislava. For me, I like teams playing in white and they have a B team so that made my mind up.

I'm going to have another crack at this challenge. Spent a few hours looking around the leagues I fancied, decided on the Slovakian league.

Going for FC Petrzalka 1898, probably a popular choice I would imagine what with their history as Artmedia Bratislava. For me, I like teams playing in white and they have a B team so that made my mind up.

Good to see you back. Best of luck in Slovakia.:thup:

Good to see you dominating in Hungary XaW and no shame going out in Europe to Man City.:thup:

Yeah, it's getting easy in Hungary now, but I still lack that last push for Europe. City were just that bit better than us, but I hope for next season.

Archived