dafuge's FM14 challenge

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Truro-city-football-club_zps4c0ce5fd.png

Having got lost when wandering through BBC television centre, Lewis Rowden found a blue telphone box, abit late for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary, I know, but having entered and not panicked when the inside was larger than the outside, he set the controls for the 24th of July 2014, and appeared again at Treyew road during the 125th anniversary celebrations of Truro City, (obviously being careful to cross timelines.) (The scriptwriting team can work out the pseudo-science stuff to make it plausible. :D)

He was glad to be back, but knew there was work to be done. So as promised now the new patch is out, this is me reporting for duty on a second Truro attempt, one that from a slight spoiler I can tell you is looking more hopeful this time.

Great intro post. :D Good luck with Truro.

I find squad building to be incredibly difficult in the basement league. If you don't go up in the first two or three seasons it just turns into Groundhog Day. If/when I do get sacked/resign, I'll definitely try again. Next time, I'll make sure I don't pick a team with the worst pitch known to man.

I find squad building to be incredibly difficult in the basement league. If you don't go up in the first two or three seasons it just turns into Groundhog Day. If/when I do get sacked/resign, I'll definitely try again. Next time, I'll make sure I don't pick a team with the worst pitch known to man.

I hired a great Assistant who brought a lot of good youngsters in, 2 of them are first team regulars in my second season. I also noticed squad building is difficult so hoped to do it this way. I also don't need to spend too much on wages, because that brought me almost into bankruptcy the first season. If I need them to sign a new contract, it costs much less too. Maybe you can try that?

Tough run in for the end of the season...

SkyBetLeague2_OverviewStages-2_zpsd0ce23d5.png

Recent form has been awful (3 defeats in last four games) primarily due to my best centre-back getting injured. Got the chance to postpone two games due to three players getting international call-ups, so I decided to go for it. The fixture congestion may hurt me in the end, but the team could do with a break and we'll get a few injured players back.

I hired a great Assistant who brought a lot of good youngsters in, 2 of them are first team regulars in my second season.

I've brought in a good few youngsters myself, many of whom are 5 star potential, but they all moan about not getting a game after around 2 months despite the fact they are clearly backups. And when they do get a game, there are nearly always awful.

My team should be doing a lot better, but it's the same every season. Start off well before whatever tactic I'm using completely collapses with no indication why. I'm totally scunnered with it, in all honesty.

My last season was (except for the cup run) not that great either, but my youngsters are getting gelled, getting playtime and progressing well. This season I'm bringing in some tutors so hopefully next season we can be champions. I'm doing it at a very slow rate, so I needn't worry too much about that collapsing issue. I have the same problem and guess it's down to low hidden mental attributes. Some model professionals are almost out of contract, going to poach a few of them.

badge_zpsc9c9e333.png

Premier League - 2020/21 Season Review - http://wp.me/p3hURZ-5C

Year        	League       Position     	Achievements
2014/15	        TSS	     1st		Promoted
2015/16         TSP          2nd                Promoted, won FA Trophy
2016/17         SB2          7th                Promoted
2017/18         SB1          1st                Promoted, won JPT
2018/19         SBC          1st                Promoted
2019/20         PRM          7th                Europa League qualification
2020/21         PRM          3rd                Qualified for UCL, won Europa League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup

I've finally done it. I've put an end to this misery. After another devastating loss in the league, it was well overdue...

leCbGBD.jpg

:(

Probably start again with a new club, but it'll definitely be in the Skrill South next time, couldn't handle playing all those same teams again!

Dave, this time it wil happen for you. I can feel it. :thup:

Hope so, I'm now the new manager of ST ALBANS

:D

Using my own name this time rather than a fictional half-Swede. (And no, I'm not really called 'Dave').

Annoying that despite having badges and kits for a few levels down, this lot don't have them on this. Anyone know where I can get them from?

Anyway, we start again. The pitch at the ground is listed as 'perfect', so that's a good start already :)

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2018/19 - League 2

League position: 3rd (Position graph)

Media prediction: 23rd

Our season got off to a fantastic start, the signings of Jim Lawless and Barry George Bowen were excellent additions, and we found ourselves comfortable in the automatic promotion places for much of the season. Our form floundered a bit towards the end of the campaign when injuries and suspensions built up and a place in the top three slipped away. A fortunately timed intentional break gave me the chance to postpone two matches and regroup before securing promotion. The title came down to the very final day, my two rivals in the top three played each other, while we faced mid-table Rochdale. But we bottled it, losing 2-0 with an exhausted squad, and sunk to 3rd. But that didn't tarnish an exceptional season.

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players;

Ian Dorey - Striker - The Lynn legend continues! Another exceptional season saw Dorey score his one-hundredth league goal at the tender age of 20. Fantastic in teh trequartista role. It will be interesting to see how he handles another step up.

Sergio Sanchez - Centre-back - An integral part of our squad. It is no coincidence that our late slump in form was while he was injured.

Ryan Neil - Striker - Burst on the scene with sensational performances to get us promotion from the Skrill premier, but failed to find form last season. But given a regular chance in the first team this campaign he really proved his worth, linking up brilliantly with his fello Lynn youth product Dorey to latch on to the end of his creative passing.

Barry George Bowen - Centre-back - Signed from Aberystwyth (the club who also produced Sion Stephens for me!) Bowen is a great prospect at centre-back. If I can fend off the interest from a host of Premier league clubs then he will be a star for me for many years.

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners
2016/17           Skrill Premier                 2nd                Playoff winners
2017/18           League 2                       10th               FA Cup 3rd round
2018/19           League 2                       3rd                Automatic promotion

Using my own name this time rather than a fictional half-Swede. (And no, I'm not really called 'Dave').

Annoying that despite having badges and kits for a few levels down, this lot don't have them on this. Anyone know where I can get them from?

Anyway, we start again. The pitch at the ground is listed as 'perfect', so that's a good start already :)

Good luck pal, you can do it

I can die a happy man. Padders won promotion... but more importantly he won our hearts.

Please change your team logo to this Padders:

winning-hearts-and-minds-with-winning-brand-strategy-300x272.jpg

Also, does anyone have standard kits for the lower league teams? I'd really love to have a Weymouth kit before I hit the EPL. If not I'll just design my own.

With 11 games left in League 2 AFC Fylde have secured our league future for another season (with more points than we got last season already) which is a good as since we went top of the league after winning our game in hand we have fallen apart, not helped by the AI teams kicking the crap out of my players :( We have conceeded 19 goals in the last nine games which is more than we'd conceeded over the rest of the season and have lost five in the nine which is as many as we'd lost in the rest of the season.

Though we are somehow still in the playoff positions, however I'm not really sure I want us to get promotion this season as my players aren't really ready for League 1 (especially with it's four relegation spots).

I can die a happy man. Padders won promotion... but more importantly he won our hearts.

Please change your team logo to this Padders:

winning-hearts-and-minds-with-winning-brand-strategy-300x272.jpg

Also, does anyone have standard kits for the lower league teams? I'd really love to have a Weymouth kit before I hit the EPL. If not I'll just design my own.

Sent you a PM mate

Is it possible to boot up FM and play it without the internet?

I'm getting my eyes lasered on wednesday and i have to wait around after for like 3 hours. Seems like a good opportunity to get season 1 finished at Lewes

You can put Steam into Offline mode (from Steam Menu Steam -> Offline Mode) though you need to have your login details saved to the computer, it's also a good idea to test to make sure it works before hand as it can be fickle.

Is it possible to boot up FM and play it without the internet?

I'm getting my eyes lasered on wednesday and i have to wait around after for like 3 hours. Seems like a good opportunity to get season 1 finished at Lewes

yeh throw it into offline mode before you leave. I play on my laptop offline quite a bit

We have finally won a game after drawing our last six games (and only our second win in 14) and with four games left we cannot win the title but are somehow still in a playoff spot - six points from the automatic places and four points ahead of the sides outside of the playoffs.

I've also managed to snatch up a Bermuda Centre Back Keithyn Coddingtown on a free when he turns 18 who's PA is off the scale with my rubbish judging coaches reckoning he'll be a Leading Prem Player with the better one's not even listing a division :cool:

Going into the last game and I am still in the playoff spots, with the last two spots up for grabs - We are sat in 6th ahead of Barnsley on Goal Difference who have the last spot going into the last day, however Wycombe are just one point behind us and Port Vale and Newport are three points behind but with worse goal difference (ten goal shift needed for us to drop below them, five for Barnsley).

In the Final games I am away to Middlesbrough who are having a poor season and are 15th, Barnsley are home to Plymouth who need to win to stay up, with Wycombe home to Southend who need a win to claim an automatic promotion spot.

And two late tap-ins from Guthrie give us a 2-0 win over Mboro to secure a playoff spot, though we had to do it the hard-way as my left back got sent off for the third time this season with a two footed lunge after 10 mins and in the second half I lost my Keeper to an injury which rules them both out for the playoffs.

However my result didn't matter in the end as Barnsley could only draw to Plymouth (sending Plymouth down as Rochdale won) and Southend thrashed Wycombe.

EDIT: The top of the table has got a little complicated, York, Chesterfield and Barnet (3rd to 5th) have all finished on the same points and goal difference with York and Chesterfield on the same goals so it looks like we have a playoff to determine who gets the last automatic promotion spot :D

Yes we win the Second Leg, however we did it the hard way we scored with our first two shots with Guthrie opening the scoring within a minute and by half-time Barnet hadn't even had a shot, though we did lose French Midfielder Kieffer to injury at the end of the half. The second half didn't start off well as we gave away two early goals with Barnet also scoring their first two shots though they were the only shots they managed on target the whole game, but we just couldn't add a third and the game went into extra-time where at the start of the second half of extra-time Guthrie slotted home his second of the game to give us a 3-2 win :)

In the Final we will face Barnsley who beat York (who lost to Chesterfield in the pre-playoff playoff). Our record against Barnsley dead even in five games we have won one each and drawn the other three scoring six goals each.

Well the Final was easy, Barnsley were reduced to 10 men after just 4 mins after their defender tripped Guthrie twice, and we raced into a 2-0 lead within 12 mins again scoring our first two chances - Midfielder Pilkington scoring a long range effort that went in via the post and keeper, fellow Midfielder Wilson then made it two with a cheeky chip and there was to be no repeat of the semi-final as Pilkington made safe with his second in the second half to send us up to League 1 :cool:

The Playoff Final also earned us another £500K to further enhance our bank balance.

Good luck fella.

Well the Final was easy, Barnsley were reduced to 10 men after just 4 mins after their defender tripped Guthrie twice, and we raced into a 2-0 lead within 12 mins again scoring our first two chances - Midfielder Pilkington scoring a long range effort that went in via the post and keeper, fellow Midfielder Wilson then made it two with a cheeky chip and there was to be no repeat of the semi-final as Pilkington made safe with his second in the second half to send us up to League 1 :cool:

The Playoff Final also earned us another £500K to further enhance our bank balance.

Congrats on the promotion!

Stockport in the 2nd Qualifying round of the FA Cup! To be fair we struggle in the cups against woeful teams, but im gutted by this.

EDIT: We actually won! It was a bad tempered game with 10 yellow cards and two reds and they scored all three goals but we ran out 2-1 victors!

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

So we finally got promoted out of the Skirll North over the weekend. It only took 14 seasons! That must be some kind of record!!!??? We had a really good season we went up only losing six games.

I got the pitch replayed in the pre season before the Skirll Premier season started as it was in a terrible state. I actually started brillantly and was top of the table after 15 games (think there is a screenshot further up), then we couldn't buy a win. Very lucky I had such a good start as the second half of the season was really poor. I won 3 games in 22. If it wasn't for the great start I would have been relegated. I had a good cup run and beat Forest Green who where a League One side in the 1st round of the cup, before being thumped by Millwall in the second round.

The club has been taken over again (I think thats the third new owners, defintely at least two). Unfortunately it was a local business man who hasn't done anything to the finances. At least I kept my job.

Thank you for all the support. It really has kept me going.

Olympic Rushall

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2014-15        TSN        4th         QUAL
2015-16        TSN        7th         QUAL
2016-17        TSN        6th         QUAL
2017-18        TSN       16th         QUAL
2018-19        TSN       15th         1st
2019-20        TSN       11th         QUAL
2020-21        TSN       11th         QUAL
2021-22        TSN        8th         1st
2022-23        TSN       15th         1st
2023-24        TSN        3rd         1st
2024-25        TSN        2nd         QUAL
2025-26        TSN        9th         QUAL
2026-27        TSN        2nd         1st
2027-28        TSN        3rd         QUAL
2028-29        TSN        1st         1st
2029-30        TSP       13th         2nd

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

2018/19

Table | Squad | Transfers

FA Cup - 3rd QRd

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

Nothing much to say about this season, since the patch my team had a problem scoring but still conceeded plenty usually via a long punt down the middle. Started well with only 1 defeat in the first 7 games but then only managed 1 win in the next 14 games. Midtable is where the team spent the rest of the season with poor draws or losses puncturing any winning run or momentum.

Lost 3-0 to Workington in the FA Cup, a team in the division below. lost 4-0 to skrill prem Chester in the fa trophy.

Club favourite Goddard (92 games, 20 goals) never seemed to recover from 3 months off last season and was again poor so was moved on when an offer came in. North and Greenway didn't manage to nearly match last seasons form. Saraiva was brought in at the start of the season and was outstanding especially from set pieces, he ended up with the top assists for the division.

Season            League              Position               Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15         Conference North        19th                   None
2015/16         Conference North        16th                   None
2016/17         Conference North        9th                    None
2017/18         Conference North        10th                   None
2018/19         Conference North        12th                   None

No update for a while as hven't had time to play.

Continuuing my third season (First in TSP) and battling low to mid table, board keep droppin wage budget :(

Played 4 games then fm crashed :( just before my monthly save :(

Ahh well...bed then try again toomorrow night

Since it's awfully quit down here, might as well make an intermidiate update.

So far we've been doing well. So far we've been awful and need to improve a lot in order to gain anything out of this season. :D

Fixtures - Skrill North

I need only 200K extra out of this season to remain in the positive, financial-wise. I hope the game(s) against Welling will help us achieve that.

Where's Padders? We miss the Rushall games man. Go team Padders!

Archived