dafuge's FM14 challenge

Just dropping in to say that due to an inability to sign anyone even CLOSE to good enough for League Two, I resigned as Bury Town manager to avoid the inevitable sack. The final straw was getting an awful FA Cup draw against same-division Oldham.

Sad to see you go. My 1st season in L2 wasn't easy... I managed to survive the relegation battle and things started to get easy during the 2nd season in which I managed to win the league.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats nao, i predict you will be first to finish with 2 teams....plus you will probably beat it with both before i get to the premier league with one haha

I reloaded a lot to get a nice team, wanted a team that was formed recently... decided to go with FC United because I want to bring it to BPL so that I can laugh at Man Utd and Man City. :p

I don't think I'll be that quick to finish this challenge on FC United :p. Unlike my Ilkeston save which I finish 1 season a day... I wanna take this slowly now. Although when I start to play, I just can't stop so I don't guarantee anything xD!

This game drives me absolutely mad at times

I was top of the league, lost ONE game in 14 when I finished playing last night

Switch it back on tonight, drawn 2 and lost 2 in the first four games I've played tonight!

Nothing has changed! Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RushallOlympic_FixturesSchedule-5_zps7b153763.png

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Sky Bet League 2 - 2021/22

Overall I'm very pleased with this season. We finished a very respectable 9th after a good run at the end of the season. We nearly sneaked into the playoffs. With 3 games remaining we sat 1 place and 3 points outside the playoffs with a match against the team above us. If we had managed to win we would have made it into the playoffs. Unfortunately we lost 1-0 to Carlisle and with that the chances of us reaching the playoffs was over. In the end we missed out by 3 points which is a good achievement considering this was our first season in league football.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - JPT I wasnt interested again and we swiftly went out. The FA Cup we got past 2 teams from the same division before we went out 4-2 to Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

Squad - Squad needs plenty of work still. Our best players were the loanees we brought in. We unfortunately lost 2 of these players in January and failed to replace them. The 2 I managed to keep for the entire season were fantastic.

Finances - Slight profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Mark Mason - Star Loanee, 24 goals from 38 games. Great return.

Andy Caroll - Brought in and he played 12 games scoring 9 goals. Better return than I thought.

Ricky Shirra - Not a great average rating but played well in the holding role scoring 7 goals in the process.

Great season and I am looking forward to improving my side over the summer months for a promotion push next season.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                9th 
2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2017/18         Skrill Premier              17th              Survival
2018/19         Skrill Premier              18th              Survival
2019/20         Skrill Premier              16th              FA Cup 3rd round.
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round.
2021/22         Sky Bet League 2            9th               

hhhhmmmm not sure it's good turning professional

As usual in pre season my players are having contracts offered from other clubs and I can't afford to pay the wages that they want. They no longer want non contracts

Come on, the Padders I know has a solution for any problem he might face. Go Padders!

Mid way through my second season and we have been amazing not lost in the league yet! sitting top by 10 points hope we dont have a repeat of last season where we only won 4 games after christmas! Got to the 1st round of fa cup lost to Forest Green. Disappointed to get knocked out of the fa trophy by non league hendon! Here is my current fixture list http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3199/ufz6.png

With four games to go we sat top of the table. I thought I'd be doing a promotion jig right about now. But instead im doing the 'threw it away cheaply against relegation fodder and then went out in the semi finals' shuffle.

A fifth season in the Skrill North awaits...

With four games to go we sat top of the table. I thought I'd be doing a promotion jig right about now. But instead im doing the 'threw it away cheaply against relegation fodder and then went out in the semi finals' shuffle.

A fifth season in the Skrill North awaits...

Harsh mate...always next season

Pretty pleased I've just requested an additional coach, my board said no so I accused them of having a lack of ambition, they've now agreed to an additional one plus I guilted them into improving my training facilities, I was quite surprised as I've never managed to force that whilst still in the Skrill North.

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Sky Bet League 2 - 2022/23

Last season we just missed out on the playoffs and this season my aim was to make the playoffs. In the end we exceeded all expectations and ran away with the league title. We hit top spot on the 4th week of the season, we briefly lost it but regained it on week 7. After we regained our position we stayed top for the rest of the season. We won promotion with 5 games to go and then we just had to confirm the league title which we did in the penultimate game as Leyton Orient dropped points allowing us to win the title without playing. Really pleased to reach League 1. The fun now starts with improving my squad so we can survive in League 1.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - In the JPT we lost in round 2 to Bournemouth 4-3. and in the Capital One Cup we made a swift exit to Ipswich losing 3-2. In the FA Cup we had our best run as we reached the 5th round for the first time. We got past Torquay, Morecambe, Yeovil and Cheltenham before getting a repeat of last seasons tie with Tottenham at White Hart Lane. We were battling at 1-0 until they scored a 85th minute goal to kill off the tie. We went out 2-0.

Squad -My fullbacks need to be replaced but the rest of the side was good for this level. hopefully I can strengthen throughout the summer and survive next season.

Finances - Slight profit again.

Key Player Profiles:

Mark Mason - Managed to sign him on a free after last seasons loan spell. Scored 24 in 46. Great return.

Alan Muirhead - I played him on the wings and he scored 14 goals and set up 7 goals.

Robbie Paul - My other winger and best player this season. 11 goals and 9 assists.

Amazing to take the title and the FA Cup 5th round. Its all about survival next season.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                14th              Survival
2015/16         Skrill South                9th 
2016/17         Skrill South                2nd               Promotion and FA Cup 3rd round
2017/18         Skrill Premier              17th              Survival
2018/19         Skrill Premier              18th              Survival
2019/20         Skrill Premier              16th              FA Cup 3rd round.
2020/21         Skrill Premier              1st               Champions!! & FA Cup 3rd round
2021/22         Sky Bet League 2            9th   
2022/23         Sky Bet League 2            1st               Champions & FA Cup 5th round            

Year        	        League       	Position     	Promotions	Cups/Achievements
2014/15			Skrill South 	4		none		FA Cup 4th qualifier
2015/2016               Skrill North    11              none            FA Cup 3th Round
2016/2017               Skrill North    4               yes!            Fa Cup 2nd round

The Skrill North

We where expected to achieve a safe mid-table position. Halfway through the season though I had high hopes of achieving the direct promotion. Two bad runs at the end of the season made that an impossibility. Still, we achieved a promotion playoff place rather easily, with striker kyle Riley being the topscorer of the league. he even broke the previous record wich now stands at 33 goals. Ofcourse, this was all too good to be true so he managed to injure himself in training, missing the first two play off games. We had some problems scoring without him but managed to reach the final without his presence, be it with penalties. When he got back for the final, the game was already won. He managed an assist in the first five minutes and scored on the counter in the second half. Hyde was finished, and we went on to the sKrill Premier.

our fixtures, season opening excluded

FA cup

Like last season we needed a good run in the FA cup to keap our head above water. We got to the 2nd round, beating two Skrill Premier teams on the way. Preston was too much for us to handle, though we managed to play quite well for over 45 minutes. Our lack of stamina proved to be our downfall.

FA Cup Run

FA trophy

Same as last season. This cup had absolutely no priority, so whe went down 1-0 to Havant & Waterlooville at our first and only game in the third qualifying round. Because of the high mount of reserves and youngsters in our team, this was no surprise.

The board and my job

The board are quite happy with me. Not only because I give youth a chance, like we already discussed alst season, but also because I manage the finances well and ofcourse our consecutive overachieving during my three year spell at Redditch.

The team

It is no surprise to anyone that Kyle Riley is our best player at the moment. He is a crowd favorite and the divisional topscorer, player of the season, and my absolute phenomenon. If it weren't for him, we would have been relegated last season. if it weren't for him, we would never have been promoted this year. The best part is, there's absolutely no one interested in signing him!

Edwin Ahenkorah is a surprise to me. I didn't think he would be capable of being so well-rounded. He scored a decent amount of goals for us but aslo managed a good few assists, most of them on Riley. He still has potential though his lack of growth is a cause for concern.

Our keeper, Niall Conroy, had a solid season, he managed to get an average of 7 over the course of the whole season and never looked bad in defending his goal. He improved a lot too, so he will stay our main choice next year.

Nathan Millan, our hope for the defence had a solid year too. Still 18 years old he could be our rock at the back for another year or two, he improved a lot over the course of the season and will be our main choice at the back next year.

We also loaned a few players, though only one for the entire season: Bill Moon. Because he hasn't the potential to be any good for Stoke in the future, i hope to have him at the club again next year. He did link up quite well with Riley. If it wasn't for his injury halfway season, he would have played the bulk of our games.

Last but not least: our assist king, Aman Verma. Last year the supporters thought of him as our worst signing, this year he proved his use for the team in some solid attacking play. I'm glad I stuck with him during his troublesome first year at the club.

Looking forward to next season

We need to build our finances and our team for the 2018-2019 season, so we can keep improving our setup here. With a lot of quality youngsters there's hope of achieving that.

My reputation increased over the last season, so now I'm considered to be regional quality. I have a lot of proffessional staff around the club with a great assitant, Michael Dawson and former Liverpool heroes Jamie Carragher as U18 Manager and Michael Owen as coach. Let's hope their attitude rubs off on our players.

canvey-island-fc-logo-primary.jpg

Canvey Island - 2014/2015 - Skrill South

My first foray into this challenge has started solidly enough. Lots of ups and downs and changes of system/tactics over the course of the season to try and find something that works but we ended up in a very respectable 12th place. Scoring goals wasn't too much of an issue - we got 70 in the league which was equal 6th best but conceded 66 which is something we need to improve on next year.

League Table

The cups were pretty much non starters, we lost in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup to some lowly team and in the first round of the FA Trophy to Forest green in a replay that I could have done without.

Players

I brought in a LOT of players over the season and my lineup changed quite a lot to cover various systems and fitness issues of some players so I didn't work out my best side until the second half of the season. Not many people stood out although one who did was Jay Nash, a player already on the books when I took over, who scored 24 goals in his 47 games.

My best signing was probably a 19 year old centre back - Marvin Ekpiteta - who had a pretty good first year for us averaging 6.80 and who will hopefully improve next year.

Next season

The aim is to try and improve in a few key positions but keep the core of my best 11 together if possible and go from there. At the end of the season we had a run of 1 defeat in 7 and we won 5 of our last 6 away games so hopefully this can continue into next season and with a bit of luck we'll be hunting down a playoff spot in April 2016.

(This would be where the summary box goes but I don't know how to do it :))

Solid, monkey_Pill, solid. Those players will be important for another year or two I guess. 't Was the same with mine: they can't do anything, but they are the best you have. :D

You could copy an other post by quoting it, then deleting all info that's not yours. That's how I did it.

Go Swindon69!

Nantwich – 2017/18

Club Information | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

General Comments

Well well well. That was a turn-up. An impressive pre-season and a solid start to the season, which has become the norm, continued well into the festive period and we were rarely out of the playoff places. With four games to go we were top, but just 4 points separated us and missing out on the playoffs entirely. Unfortunately 4 draws in our last 5 games saw us drop to 3rd and the agony of the playoffs.

To be honest though, it felt as though the game was going to promote me no matter what, for much of the season. Whenever we slipped up, so did everyone else which led to such a close finish. Sadly we were plagued with injuries throughout the season and at one point we had 3 wingers and 2 strikers out for over a month, which at this level leaves you woefully exposed.

Some great signings in the close season though. Robbie Threlfall, the former Liverpool academy full back was a revelation (and the first time ive seen a left back play well in FM14). The best signing though must go to my Director of Football. With no wage budget left, I couldn’t offer Ricky Modeste even £1 appearance fee so I asked my DoF to sign for me. To my amazement, not only did he bring him in, but did so on a non-contract with £0 appearance fee. Ricky would only just miss out on Top3 players for the season.

Players

Danny South top-scored for the 4th straight season with 18 goals and 8 assists. He missed large chunks of the season through injury though, which did give academy prodigy Colin Stonhill a chance to shine.

Ollie Devanney once again bossed the midfield, but possibly for the last time as he has so far rejected a new contract. 14 goals and 7 assists from midfield made him second top goalscorer again.

Former Liverpool academy full back, and former England youth international Robbie Threlfall replace outgoing Matt Doughty at Left Back and scored 4 and set up a further 10 goals, mostly from set-pieces.

Awards

Manager of the Month for March

League Results

League Table | Position Graph

Cup Results

FA Cup | FA Trophy

My Top 3 Players

Danny South | Ollie Devanney | Robbie Threlfall

Most Promising Youth Prospect

2014/15 – Charles Cotton

2015/16 - Martyn Jordan

2016/17 – Colin Stonhill

2017/18 - Alan Hulme

Aims For Next Season

More of the same, and hopefully more success in the playoffs

Nantwich

Season        League      POS          FA CUP     FA Trophy

2014-15        TSN        7th         4[sUP]th[/sUP] QUAL    2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Round
2015-16        TSN        9[sUP]th[/sUP]         4[sUP]th[/sUP] QUAL    1[sUP]st[/sUP] Round
2016-17        TSN        11[sUP]th[/sUP]        2[sUP]nd[/sUP] Round   3[sUP]rd[/sUP] Round
2017-18        TSN        3[sUP]rd[/sUP]         3[sUP]rd[/sUP] QUAL    1[sUP]st[/sUP] Round

Harsh mate...always next season

Thanks bud. Still not really sure how we did so well. One game we would boss the team at the top and score five, and the next game we couldn't find a cows backside with any kind of stringed instrument, let alone a banjo...

iuSrTJs.png

Grays Athletic - SkyBet League 1 - 2026/27 - Third - Promoted

Another wierd season where I wonder if the game just likes messing with me.

We were utterly unstoppable. A 10 game winning streak interrupted by the December curse. A crazy run of draws then a rubbish run through April really put us in doubt as we dropped out of automatic promotion spots. The Playoffs were looking scary after a poor effort against Luton, but we thrashed them in the second leg. Chesterfield didn't put up too much of a fight in the final.

League Table

Games

Finances - Another season with no money spent. We need a stadium soon.

FA Cup - A decent run but were smashed against Premier League battlers Sheffield United.

Capital One Cup - Beating Brentford and Ipswich were great highlights. We really should have won against Peterborough though.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - What a run. Another trophy for the cabinet. It was really quite easy until we got to the South Final against Brighton, but we inched over the line. Wrexham weren't too hard in the final itself.

Squad - The squad was pretty well rounded and we really should have won more games tbh. Will struggle next season for sure.

Key Player Profiles

Tom Hamilton - An ok season, but he is getting a bit above his station now. He will probably need to be let go once I can find a Championship level replacement. Still one of our best though

Player of the Season

Warren Kelly - On loan from Norwich. Quality defender who I will look into signing next year.

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9104610&viewfull=1#post9104610"]2014/15[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South       18th                 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9116552&viewfull=1#post9116552"]2015/16[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South        2nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9128581&viewfull=1#post9128581"]2016/17[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9156295&viewfull=1#post9156295"]2017/18[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th                        FA Trophy Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9172908&viewfull=1#post9172908"]2018/19[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     18th                        FA Trophy Semi-Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9196746&viewfull=1#post9196746"]2019/20[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     19th                                    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9213236&viewfull=1#post9213236"]2020/21[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier      5th                         Promoted!/FA Trophy Win
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9220113&viewfull=1#post9220113"]2021/22[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   22nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9230480&viewfull=1#post9230480"]2022/23[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   15th  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9240272&viewfull=1#post9240272"]2023/24[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2    4th                    Promoted via Playoffs  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9244958&viewfull=1#post9244958"]2024/25[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    7th                    Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9252661&viewfull=1#post9252661"]2025/26[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    15th
2026/27       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    3rd                    Promoted/Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Next Season

Stay up

Build a Championship team

Facility News

nil

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet League 1 - Charlton, Brighton, Grays

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Man City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Grays

English Premier League - Southampton, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsneal, Newcastle

Championship - Reading, Swansea, Stoke

Champions League - Juventus

Euro - Newcastle (Norwich runners up)

Hyundai A-League - Victory/Wanderers

Andy Carroll in League Two. Well he finally found his level then... :-P

How is he getting on for you? Congrats on the promotion too!

Thanks. He did pretty well in his first season. In his second season I had better strikers and he was well down the pecking order. He eventually threw his toys out of the pram so I let him go.

2015-16 Cambridge City

Skrill North - 2nd lost in play-offs semi-final.

Both teams that finished 2nd and 3rd got knocked out.

No real highlights, had a long run of draws that almost pushed me out of the play-offs.

Matthew Reece had another decent season 28 goals in 50 games, ably supported by Felipe Barcelos with 15 in 20(20).

On the plus side both my training and youth facilities are being upgraded and the play-off against North Ferriby broke my attendance record.

Gypsum's End of season update - King's Lynn - 2019/20 - League 1

League position: 8th (Position graph)

Media prediction: 22nd

I made few new signings after getting promotion, and had an almost mirror image of our first season in League 1. My faith in the exsiting squad, particularly my all-youth product strikeforce of Dorey and Neil paid off as we spent the whole season flirting with automatic promotion and the playoff places. Unfortunately, mounting injuries and suspensions exposed our lack of squad depth towards the end of the season and our promotion challenge trailed off. But we finished in a very respectable 8th, and a few new signings could improve us significantly, even if we do lose Barry George Bowen to the sustained, and deserved, interest from Premier league clubs.

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Star players:

Ryan Neil - Striker - Neil showed fantastic development from last season, using driving pace and a borderline psychic link with Dorey to score 30 goals. The all-Lynn youth product strikeforce was amongst the best in the league.

Ian Dorey - Striker - The legend continues! Despite the step up Dorey remains a consistent force up front, creating chances by the bucket-load and scoring his fair share too. Now with 264 league games for his only club, Ian has bagged 120 goals and forged 81 assists at just 21 years old!!

Philip McKenna - Central-midfielder - Signed at the start of last season, McKenna made himself a regular starter with his fine form in central midfield as our deep lying playmaker alongside the no-nonsense, yellow-card magnet Sion Stephens.

Barry George Bowen - Centre back - An incredible talent, the young Welshman was a wall at the back and is clearly destined for a higher level of football. Hopefully that will be for King's Lynn, but a host of Premier league clubs have shown interest but have yet to make a bid.

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill North                   7th
2015/16           Skrill North                   4th                Playoff winners
2016/17           Skrill Premier                 2nd                Playoff winners
2017/18           League 2                       10th               FA Cup 3rd round
2018/19           League 2                       3rd                Automatic promotion
2019/20           League 1                       8th          

SIktI8s.jpg

Including the saves at Lowestoft and Droyslden, this is now NINE seasons in a row where I've failed to reach the 1st round proper of the FA Cup. What's worse is that in six of those nine failures, I've been knocked out by an unplayable side with greyed out players. :(

Does anyone else have a worse cup record than this?

An OG with 2mins left this time, at least they're giving me new and exciting ways to shout at my laptop.

Damn, unlucky. Will you stay on if they don't sack you?

Yep. Hoping we can go straight back up. About to play first pre season friendly.

Hopefully i lose them all (Last season i most of my pre season friendlies, even against the likes of Preston in L1, but still got relegated from the Skrill Premier.)

Anyway quick recap if anyone is wondering (Haven't done updates quite yet for the last two seasons)

1st season - 4th and promoted via playoffs with Blyth Spartans

2nd season - Avoid relegation, 18th

3rd season - 23rd and relegate back to Skrill North

Well played first two games of Skrill North and got a win and a draw (Due to a last minute goal :() but still very insecure....

then lost 4 on the trot....thanks forum curse!! Still in a job, although i am sure i am in for the chop soon.....ahh well

Corby Town

CorbyTownFC.png

Club Overview 15/16

Transfer 15/16

Current Squad

League Table

General Comments

Started the season fairly well, winning 7 on the bounce early season. Then after Christmas we couldn't string a consecutive run of games together. Fighting for the play offs till the very last two games, but missed out.

Players Worth A Mention

Fabio Sarvia, a class act in midfield scoring 10, and setting up as many, great set play specialist. Would put a picture of his season and attributes on but he left for Bury on a free, hes dead to me.

Mikel Suarez, again my top scorer but only with 14, average rating of above 7.30.

Aims For Next Season

To be more consistent hopefully and battle for promotion. Try to be more solid at the back too. This little gem has come through my youth system, big hopes! -> Paul Butcher

Year        	League       Position     	Achievements
2014/15	        TSN	     13th              FA Cup Qualifying Round 4, FA Trophy Round 2
2015/16         TSN          9                 Out both rounds of both cups, rubbish!

Next update. Enjoy.

Top tiger, shame about Saraiva, proved to be a class act for me. Still proving it in Skrill prem with an average of 7.34, even though my coaches only rate him as 3.5 stars. The player who they claim is my best player is averaging just 6.36!

Good season, 70 points is the usual mark for the playoffs. Butcher looks good, surprised you haven't played him in the next season, he must be not far off the first team in ability judging by his attributes.

ffs my central midfielders just scored a 40 yard og

Following on from my loss in the play-offs last year, with pretty much the same team after winning my opening two games my sides just falling apart.

i'm struggling to work out how you scored an 40 yard og, was it a chipped backpass that lobbed the keeper?

Archived