There and Back Again. A Football Manager's tale by SRL88

SRL88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You should be very happy with last season in my opinion, and you've started this campaign excellently. Keep it up dude. :thup:

Cheers fella. Things have been going very well indeed.

nice job so far

Cheers dude.

Not too bad so far,keep up the good work.Hopefully you can clinch a playoff spot this season.

Fingers crossed. Its an odd league to clinch a play-off place in.

Kutgw :)

Cheers dude :thup:.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - December 2013 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-12.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-4.png

To be fair, this was a pretty solid month considering the fixtures we had. We put a very good performance in against Huy and thoroughly deserved our 2-0 win. The game against Patro Eisden was much different. Their class showed as they bossed the game but we held firm. We took the lead twice in the game but both times we were pegged back. A point was probably unfair on our opponents though so I was pleased to come away with that. We then faced a tricky trip to Union but managed to show our battling spirit once again to snatch another 2-2 draw.

Very close to the top,hopefully some of the teams slip up so you can get the playoff spot.

As strange as it may sound, Tienen are actually occupying a play-off spot as they are top of the second period.

Good work so far. Keep it up :thup:

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - January 2014 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-13.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-5.png

A brilliant month, not only result wise but also performance wise. A very comfortable and confident performance kicked us off in the new year as we beat OC 3-1 at home. We travelled to Kelmis in our next game where we were given a tough encounter but we flew out the blocks and into a 2-0 lead. Kelmis battled on and pulled one back, but as they were pushing for a second we hit them on the break to seal the win. The month was rounded off with a very solid 2-0 win at home to Bertrix.

Transfers - Out

Just the one departure and not one I am pleaed about. It wasnt really anything I could help due to the amateur contracts so it was always going to happen. We lose a brilliant right-back in the process.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - February 2014 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-14.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-6.png

A pretty solid month, but I am left a little frustrated that we didnt pick up a few more points. We kicked February off with a good performance away to Bocholt but they battled their way to victory, literally kicking lumps out of us. We followed this up with two brilliant wins. The first, at home to La Louviere saw us control the game for the most part and we finally took the lead in the 51st minute. Tuta added a second not long after and despite conceeding a late penalty we held on for a solid win. A week later we travelled to Tienen and put an excellent defensive display, really limiting them to shots from distance. Right on the brink of half-time we scored the only goal of the game to give us a massive three points. The month rounded off with a disappointing draw at home to Ath.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - March 2014 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-15.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-7.png

Our solid run of form continues with another solid month as we pull a couple of points clear at the top. Against RJSHL we completely dominated the game but failed to take our chances. We took the lead in the first half and looked set for all 3pts, but a last minute goal denyed us, much to my annoyance. A lackluster performance against Bornem followed but we got the job done with a solid win. The month was rounded off with an excellent performance away from home as we grabbed a massive 2-1 win.

Finally had time to catch up and actually read the thread, great work. Good luck with holding your nerve in the final few games :thup:

I think it is going all the way down to the wire and we have a very, very tough final fixture away from home.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - April 2014 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-16.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-9.png

Well its going to be tight in the final two games but we're closing in on promotion. We kicked the month off with a defeat but put in a very good display. Despite a solid display we were frustrated in front of goal whilst Rupel Boom scored mid-way through to the second half and hung on for all three points. We followed this up with a fine display at home to Ciney as we completely dominated proceedings. Our attacking trio each grabbed a goal as we comfortably grabbed all three points. The month was rounded off with an excellent win away from home. We fell behind very early in the game but hit back straight away as Tuta levelled things. We just continued from there with wave after wave of attack as we tore their defence apart.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - May 2014 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-17.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-10.png

Well we got the job done in our final two games of the season with two very professional performances. The game against Tournai was a cagey affair, but a goal early in the game settled our nerves. Hamza Mourchid added a second in the 23rd minute and we comfortably saw out the rest of the game. I was really nervous against Patro Eisden in a massive final day (La Louviere were playing Bocholt), but a draw was enough to see us over the line as La Louviere were beat 3-0 on the final day.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - May 2014 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Champions Play-Off

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-18.png

Two excellent performances in the Champions Play-Off. I still havent got a clue how this league works, but how ever it does, we are definitely promoted now. We took the lead in the first leg early on through Tuta, and despite controlling much of the first half we found ourselves going in level. The second half was tight, but we found the winner late on thanks to a wonderful strike by Sheriff Haidara.

The second leg saw us start slow as Aalst as they pushed to get back in the game, but we held firm and started to grow into the game. In the second half we got the run of play as they had a man sent off and that is when we started to control things. Ibrahim Some gave us the lead in the tie before we sealed the game 17 minutes from time.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-19.png

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2013/14 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

Results 1 - Results 2

Final League Position: 1st

A truely fantastic season for the club. We cut out some of the draws and turned them into wins which was massive in our push for the title and scored a lot more goals in the process. It wasnt as though we fluked it either as we were with the pack for most of the season, finally clinching the title on the final day.

Cofidis Cup

Competition Performance: Knocked out in 4th Round

Exactly the same as last season. I was hoping to go further based on the draw but it wasnt to be. We comfortably booked our place in the 4th Round, and despite a dominant performance we went to the lottery of penalties where it just wasnt our day as we exited the competition.

Squad

I had to settle for a pretty thin squad this season really so it makes the achievement even better. What is going to be tough is the fact that a lot of the squad have already agreed to leave due to being on amateur contracts and I can't compete with other clubs, so building a new squad will be tough.

Transfers - Finances

We bought well this season in the transfer market, and also got rid of the rubbish players, although we did lose one or two key players along the way.

No real change in the finances, although we may be stretched having to pay back the loan for the new stadium.

My Top 3 Players

Ibrahim Some - A brilliant signing and just what we needed upfront. Really pleased with this guys performances.

Cedric Tuta - Another excellent season from Tuta, made even better as he was played on the wing all season. Top, top player.

David Triantafillidis - Brilliant at the back, really brilliant. It is such a shame he will be leaving the club.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13 | FC Bleid-Molenbeek | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 4th | - |
| 2013/14 | FC Bleid-Molenbeek | Derde Klasse B | Belgium | 1st | Derde Klasse B Winners - Promoted |[/Code]

[center][size=3][b]What's Next?[/b][/size]

I honestly dont know. The obvious thing to do would be to stay and have a crack at a higher level, but I sense it is going to be a long old season. Time will tell[/center]

What went on Elsewhere?

Major Leagues & Competitions Only

If you wish to see results from other leagues, please ask

English Premier League

2012/13 - 1st Chelsea 2nd Man City 3rd Liverpool 4th Man Utd - Relegated Sunderland, Norwich, Wigan

2013/14 - 1st Man Utd 2nd Chelsea 3rd Man City 4th Tottenham - Relegated Reading, West Ham, Nottingham Forest

FA Cup

2012/13 - Winners Tottenham Runners-Up Leicester

2013/14 - Winners Chelsea Runners-Up Burnley

League Cup

2012/13 - Winners Man City Runners-Up Chelsea

2013/14 - Winners Newcastle Runners-Up Derby

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Liga BBVA

2012/13 - 1st Real Madrid 2nd Barcelona 3rd Valencia 4th Malaga - Relegated Levante, Deportivo, Osasuna

2013/14 - 1st Barcelona 2nd Real Madrid 3rd Sevilla 4th Valencia - Relegated Sporting, Real Betis, Hercules

Copa del Rey

2012/13 - Winners Barcelona Runners-Up Real Zaragoza

2013/14 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Malaga

Serie A TIM

2012/13 - 1st AC Milan 2nd Napoli 3rd Sampdoria 4th Juventus - Relegated Lazio, Pescara, Torino

2013/14 - 1st Juventus 2nd Napoli 3rd Fiorentina 4th Inter Milan - Relegated Catania, Sassuolo, Vicenza

TIM Cup

2012/13 - Winners Juventus Runners-Up Udinese

2013/14 - Winners Chievo Runners-Up Lazio

Bundesliga

2012/13 - 1st Dortmund 2nd Bayer Leverkusen 3rd Bayern Munich 4th Hannover 96 - Relegated Nurnburg, Augburg

2013/14 - 1st Bayern Munich 2nd Bayer Leverkusen 3rd Dortmund 4th Wolfsburg - Relegated Freiburg, HSV

DFB Pokal

2012/13 - Winners Bayern Munich Runners-Up Mainz

2013/14 - Winners Freiburg Runners-Up Dortmund

French Ligue 1

2012/13 - 1st FC Lorient 2nd Marseille 3rd PSG 4th Lille - Relegated Nancy, Stade Brestois, Nice

2013/14 - 1st PSG 2nd Lyon 3rd Marseille 4th Montpeller - Relegated Ajaccio, Troyes, Arles-Avignon

Coupe de France

2012/13 - Winners Dijon Runners-Up Stade de Reims

2013/14 - Winners FC Lorient Runners-Up Saint-Etienne

Coupe de la Ligue

2012/13 - Winners FC Lorient Runners-Up Valencienes

2013/14 - Winners Lille Runners-Up PSG

Champions League

2012/13 - Winners Juventus Runners-Up PSG

2013/14 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Man Utd

Europa League

2012/13 - Winners Inter Milan Runners-Up CSKA Moscow

2013/14 - Winners Fenerbache Runners-Up Standard Liege

Congrats on winning promotion :thup: How big will the new ground be?

6,490 (currently in a 600 capacity).

Congrats on promotion! hows the youth? (i there is any :) )

**** to put it nicely. I havent had 1 youth player over 1/2* potential yet.

Well done on promotion! :cool:

Does that mean you'll go semi-pro now? I can't imagine you'll stay as an amateur club in the second tier.

Cheers dude.

I dont want to ruin it, but there will be a post coming up on that :p.

Archived