• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - August 2012 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule.png

BelgianThirdDivisionB_OverviewStages.png

A pretty slow start no doubt about it. We did play pretty well in both games though so its just a case of us needing to find the back of the net. Ciney scored on the counter against us just before half time which really knocked us back. Despite pushing hard in the second half, we were just unable to find a goal. It was a similar story against Eisden too. Although both sides had chances, we had the better and more of them, but once again we just failed to score. I fully believe that once we click, we will start scoring.

Cofidis Cup 3rd & 4th Round

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-2-1.png

Two very pleasing performances, despite an exit in the 4th Round. We battered Dilbeek by hammering seven goals past them in my first competitive game in charge. We were draw against higher level opposition in the next round and put in a very pleasing performance. Despite being 2-0 down, we battled on and pulled a goal back late in the game, but just couldnt find a second.

Excellent first game in charge.Shame about the slow start in the league but I'm sure you will be able to turn it around.

Thanks man. Like you say, I'm sure it will turn around soon.

LogoDeStandaard.gif

FC Bleid-Molenbeek Finally Taste Victory

29b0gsi.png

With the Belgian Third Division B season now six games in, FC Bleid-Molenbeek, managed by unknown Englisman Steven Longstaff have finally tasted victory in the league for the first time this season. Heading into their encounter with Verviers, Molenbeek had gone 5 games this season without a win, drawing 4 of them as questions were beginning to raise, even at this early stage into his tenure whether he was truely cut out for management. With Molenbeek's failure to win this far, but also failing to create opportunities, the Belgian media had been looking for a scapegoat and it seemed to have fallen on Longstaff. Following his sides win yesterday he said 'Even after just a few short weeks in the job, the Belgian media have been looking for a story and it seems that they have enjoyed pointing the finger towards me for our sides failure to win this season. Let's make this plain and simple. This is not a quick process, and is a project which I am building, so anyone who thinks we were going to win every game by 3 or 4 goals are simply looking through rose tinted glasses. I am glad that we have got our first win of the season. The first is always the toughest, especially under a new manager and I hope it means we can now push on'.

You did well in the cup, despite the loss. Slow start in the league but you will definitely improve haha

There is room for improvement, but its not as though we have been dreadful.

Slow start but will get better I am sure. Are a lot of teams at that level amateur? I seem to remeber having a brief game there in FM12 and the teams being very similar.

Yeah all the teams in the league are amateur.

As soon as I saw the job offers, I thought Belgium! It seemed like the most interesting of the jobs.

The team are bottom of the table IRL, so good luck!

Looks like I have a lot to live up to then :p.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - September 2012 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-1.png

BelgianThirdDivisionB_OverviewStages-1.png

Some may look at this and think way to many draws, but I think they are better than defeats and take it as a positive. Yeah its frustrating, but I would rather take a point than none. We took the lead in the Grimbergen game, but conceeded almost instantly. The game against Ath was rather annoying as we had numerous chances to win the game, but as has been the case already, we failed to take our chances. Despite falling behind in our next game to Union, we battled on and managed a late, late goal to grab a point. In our sixth game of the season we finally tasted victory with a very good display against Verviers. We rounded the month off with a solid draw away to Diegem.

Lots of draws but looks like you may be in for a tough season so every little helps.

It isnt going to be easy. As I have said, a draw is better than a defeat.

Humm bit of a wobbly start. Great showing in the cup though.

Do you take turns to pick from your two Tutas to turn up upfront? Now say that quickly. :D

My preference is Cedric Tuta. He is the better player in my eyes.

Well at least your unbeaten in 6 games,that's always a plus!

7 games now :cool:.

Owts better than nowt.

Definitely the case. In my last season with Whitehawk I missed out on promotion because I only picked up 4 or 5 draws in the entire year and finished 2 points off the champions. As long as you're unbeaten you should be OK, but if you start to slip that's where the problem comes in!

Glad to see im not the only one struggling to get wins, 6 draws and one win in first 7 games(the win was in et mind :-P ) And draws are no good if your Man U! lol

It is certainly a little more difficult than those winning 7-0 every week and complaining :D.

Definitely the case. In my last season with Whitehawk I missed out on promotion because I only picked up 4 or 5 draws in the entire year and finished 2 points off the champions. As long as you're unbeaten you should be OK, but if you start to slip that's where the problem comes in!

Mid-table is the aim, so if we keep drawing I am sure we will achieve that.

Do you have a parent club?

Metz & Standard Liege. Not that they have sent me any players that is.

How is your game running? What are your specs.

I will answer your PM.

Good luck in Belgium, fella.

Cheers dude :thup:.

Good call taking a job in Belgium. Out of the options available, I think it presents the best challenge. Will be interesting to see how you manage the squad, especially factoring in that as amateurs they can all bugger off without much notice!

I'm sure you'll be picking up some wins soon enough- good luck! :)

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - October & November 2012 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

October Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-3.png

A very solid month which not only see's us remain unbeaten, but also notched us three wins as we finally started to find gear. The month kicked off with a very good win over Huy as Hamza Mourchid popped up with two goals from the wing to give us the win. This was followed up with a good 0-0 draw away to Bertrix. One goal was enough at home to Virton with Enzo Bellia scoring an early penalty. We rounded October off with a brilliant 3-1 win away to Kelmis with Cedric Tuta ripping their defence apart, grabbing a hat-trick.

November Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-2-2.png

BelgianThirdDivisionB_OverviewStages-2.png

November resulted in a little more of a mixed month, but we kicked it off with a solid win at home to Woluwe-Zaventem. Two disappointing results and performances followed, first of all at home to a poor RJSHL side. Despite taking the lead away to FCV Dender we were shocking and we well and truely ripped apart. Luckily, we bounced back in excellent fashion with an unbelievable performance at home to Bocholt, grabbing five goals in the process to put those poor performances behind us. The month was rounded off with an excellent draw away to high-flying Louviere.

Archived