There and Back Again. A Football Manager's tale by SRL88

SRL88

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good first season mate. Any decent jobs that may take your fancy?

I dont think my reputation is high enough yet to warrant another job.

Nice one, will be moving up shortly I imagine.

I think another year is in order in Belgium and then we will see.

I love these sorts of seasons- just missing the playoffs, but happy in the knowledge you're going to massacre the opposition with a few improvements next season!

I think it will be a little tougher than that. With everyone on an amateur contract, its pretty easy for clubs to poach my players.

Good season :)

Thank you :thup:.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2013/14 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Board Expectations:

Derde Klasse B: Safe Mid-Table Finish

Cofidis Cup: Learn from the Experience

My Expectations:

Derde Klasse B: After the success of last season I dont see why we can't make the play-offs to be fair.

Cofidis Cup: Well the draw for the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds were made on the same day. With a bit of luck we can win all three.

Budgets:

Transfer: £0

Wage: N/A

Balance: £44,375 (+£39,231 since last season)

Great season, hoping to get promoted this season?

I'm not aiming for it as it isnt expected of me. I would like to take part in the play-offs if I could.

nice to see you are in the black financially, even if just by 44k

One of the joys about not paying wages.

A playoff push is probably a must for this year.

I wouldnt say its a must by any stretch.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2013/14 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Friendlies

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-9.png

A pretty overloaded pre-season with a lot of fixtures. We only won two games and didnt exactly score a lot of goals, but we were generally solid at the back and put in some good performances along the way. We go into the season pretty high in confidence so hopefully we can hit the group running.

Transfers - In

Bastian Weiser - Free - Probably the stand out player I have signed since joining the club to be fair. He is an excellent full-back, and as a DLP he could be a very good player at unlocking defences which at times we struggled with last season.

Flavio Fragapane - Free - Brought in as a back-up and should be a solid one at that.

Ibrahim Some - Free - A brilliant signing. We struggled for goals at times last season, especially in the absence of Tuta so hopefully this will take some of the pressure off him. Really looking forward to unleashing him on teams.

Sebastian Van Aerschot - Free - Another signed as a back-up. Will probably be fourth choice.

Selim Belkouaci - Free - I like his hair!!! That isnt the only reason I signed him. He should be a cracking squad member.

Transfers - Out

There isnt anything of major surprise here. The majority of transfers were players I had placed on the transfer list. The only transfer which annoyed me was the departure of Selcuk Alageyik who had a very good season for us last term, but that is one of the issues I have to save with players on amateur contracts.

I see you've switched to a darker skin. Any good?

Belkouaci- it's all about the fro! :D

I prefer it as a whole, although there are a couple of bits which annoy me. I will probably test more out until I find the right one.

Nice starting club. Like it. :thup:

And I love Rafa. Not that I'm a Liverpool supporter or anything. I'm just one of those rare people who think Rafa is awesome!

Cheers fella :thup:.

I liked Rafa for the most part, especially in Europe as he was a very good tactician, but he was so bloody frustrating when we played a negative 4-5-1 at home.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - August 2013 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-10.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-2.png

The best possible start I could have wished for as we sit nicely in the league after the opening month of the season with a 100% record. Our opening game came just days after we played 120 minutes in a cup game so my players were knackered already, but we battled extremely well and finally found a breakthrough and grabbed the only goal of the game through Ibrahim Some. We followed this up with a tough test against Union and despite falling a goal down, we came back to grab all three points, grabbing the win in injury time. The month was rounded off with a solid 2-0 win away to Olympic Charleroi.

Cofidis Cup 3rd & 4th Round

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-2-6.png

Similar to last season, but this was a little more painful. We played very well away from home in the 3rd Round and three second half goals were enough to send us through to the next round. I really fancied our chances against Sprimont but things were made difficult when we were reduced to 10 men in the first half. This didnt effect us to much though as we dominated the second half much like we did in the first but just couldnt find the goal to give us the lead. We tired in extra-time as Sprimont came into the game. The match went to penalties and with all being scored, we missed the 12th and final penalty to lose the match.

Hopefully you can make it to the play-offs this season with the Afro-boy!

I can sense the afro being a major talking point this season :p.

Can't argue with that start!

Definitely not :).

Great start! Hopefully, this will be the season!

Even if we finish top of one of the 'periods' we are in the play-offs.

Congrats, looks like the league can't handle a 5(6?)time CL winner! :thup:

Six :). I had to think about that myself there :p.

Interesting country to start in and a good start to your career. Keep it up!

Cheers fella :thup:.

Nice looking patch of grass. I know it's been a while since since I've gotten to see any regular Belgian football but I do remember seeing top level grounds that looked in worse condition than that.

I've played on a lot worse at higher levels too :D.

Hopefully you can grab a period, which feels odd writing :D

Well its all about finishing well in those periods. I'm not helping here am I?

Unlucky on missing out on the playoffs last season,hopefully you can find some success this season.

Fingers crossed fella :).

every goal your team scored in August was in the second half! Your half time team talks must be good!

Along the lines of pull your bloody finger out!!

Bloody hell, 6 days in to a new career thread and your almost onto a 3rd page. At this rate your going to smash your record from last year!

Its because I don't need to make a name for myself like last year :brock:.

Encouraging first season and kicking off the second in the same fashion too, good luck for reaching the playoffs this time. :thup:
Great start to the new season :thup:

Cheers lads. We have been going along quite nicely so far.

29b0gsi.png

SRL88's Career - September, October & November 2013 - FC Bleid-Molenbeek

Derde Klasse B

September Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-11.png

A bit of a come down after the excellence of August. The month opened with two goaless draws despite the fact we had good chances to win the game. Luckily we followed it up with a 2-1 win at home to Bocholt. We fell 1-0 down in the game but managed to battle back very well to grab the win. The month was rounded off with a disappointing performance away to La Louviere as we fell to our first defeat of the season.

October Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-2-8.png

Much better work from us in October as we not only remained unbeaten, but grabbed two very good wins and two valuable draws away from home. A brilliant performance at home to Tienen opened up the month. Even though we allowed them to take the lead through sloppy defending, we levelled things almost instantly. The two goals which sealed the game came late into the second half, but they were thoroughly deserved. The game against Ath really should have been a win but I had to settle for a draw. We took the lead in the game, but Ath went straight up the other end and scored. We had a brilliant chance late on, but Tuta hit the bar from 6 yards out to deny us victory. A hard fought 3-2 win at home to RJSHL followed before a 1-1 draw away to Bornem.

November Results

RWDMBleid_FixturesSchedule-3-2.png

DerdeKlasseB_OverviewStages-3.png

Another very solid month, despite the defeat at the end of the month. We put an excellent performance in against Dender who had just qualified for the Play-Offs, but we didnt allow that to bother us as two goals from Ibrahim Some sealed the 3pts. This was followed up with a brilliant win at home to Rupel Boom. A solid 1-1 draw away to Ciney was followed up by a hard fought win at home to Oudenaarde. Despite finishing with a defeat, we still find ourselves just a few points off the top of the table.

Archived