The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

Yet again we happily let the opposition have the ball and they put us under extreme pressure.

Could really do with Anderson/Cleverley in midfield, Giggs really isn't good enough for this type of game anymore, Liverpools midfielders are just running straight past him.

Such a **** 45 mins.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty poor. So many poor first halves so far. A little worrying. Correct red card every day of the day week, though, so lets hope we can get on top of this in the second half again. Not looked very bright on the offensive so far, with almost as many incorrect passes as correct ones.

Give them fire in their bellies SAF.

That shirt will be worth a bit :D

Good win in the end, but we didn't play particularly well. Liverpool is a different team under Rodgers' that's for sure. Wonderful start, but they'll start picking up points soon enough.

Been a long while since we've won there so fantastic to get that goat off our backs :)

Fixed it :brock:

Some examples;

'The better team lost. What a farce.'

'Liverpool 1 Halsey 2'

'I don't think hate is a strong enough word to reflect my feelings toward Manchester United fans.'

'I love Jonjo Shelvey, giving baconface a right dressing down. Never a red.'

'I have so much hate for Man United' (Actually a Chelsea fan)

For too much of the game we had no midfield at all. Teams are able to pass and walk right through that area of the team whenever they want.

I still feel SAF would not have bought Kagawa if he knew he was getting RVP.

We need a stronger CM combo to allow Kagawa to flourish. Hopefully Anderson gets some time on the pitch.

I still feel SAF would not have bought Kagawa if he knew he was getting RVP.

We need a stronger CM combo to allow Kagawa to flourish. Hopefully Anderson gets some time on the pitch.

Carrick needs to start being that positional DM he has the talent to be.

Carrick wasn't as calm as I'd have hoped today. Gave the ball away a few times and, like you say, wasn't disciplined enough positionally.

Playing Carrick with Giggs was a bad decision. It means Carrick must do the defensive work for two people, and he isn't mobile enough for it. It should be Cleverley/Anderson and Carrick for games like this.

Playing Carrick with Giggs was a bad decision. It means Carrick must do the defensive work for two people, and he isn't mobile enough for it. It should be Cleverley/Anderson and Carrick for games like this.

Giggs was awful. Is he really sent onto the pitch with the instructions "play wherever you like, the others will pick up the slack"?

Me as well. Forum software is weird.

For the big games, I think the line-up should be:

-----------------Keeper-----------------

Rafael------Rio---------Vidic--------Evra

-----------Carrick---Cleverley-----------

Valencia---------Kagawa------------Nani

----------------Van Persie--------------

Wingers can be switched around depending who is on form and who isn't. Same for RVP (Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez) and Kagawa (Rooney/RVP). Scholes can come on to steady the game if needed.

Archived