The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

Scholes needs to play on the right between Rafael and Nani to help keep control of Bale.

Rafa has never had any problems with Bale. Bale has no answer when the full back has pace. The old Bale Kick and Run doesn't work.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we going with ALL our least mobile central players against a very mobile Spurs?

Giggs & Kagawa should not start this game, Kagawa has a unique talent that is not YET ready for games like this (lots of pace and closing down) while Giggs has a SAF voodoo doll.

We need to get completely punished for trying these line-ups for SAF to stop them.

RVP might be about to have his first "9 week niggle" :D

Our best outlet is actually Nani atm.

Definitely, if we had a striker alongside RVP instead of Kagawa those balls might actually cause some chaos. Giggs off for Cleverley while SAF is at it.

The game really does pass Kagawa by, is he worth having in games like this for the 1 or 2 "amazing" chances he might create?

Definitely, if we had a striker alongside RVP instead of Kagawa those balls might actually cause some chaos. Giggs off for Cleverley while SAF is at it.

The game really does pass Kagawa by, is he worth having in games like this for the 1 or 2 "amazing" chances he might create?

We're not actually helping Kagawa play well. He needs movement and passing options.

But hey, movement is overrated. :(

Giggs. :(

Ffs, someone needs to close them down when they run through, not back pedal. :mad:

Kagawa hasn't slotted in properly yet and for home games we should go two up top, Welbeck and RVP would've been my choice today assuming Rooney was always going to be on the bench.

We're not actually helping Kagawa play well. He needs movement and passing options.

But hey, movement is overrated. :(

Giggs. :(

I think Kagawa needs other players around him wanting to pass and move quickly too and what we've got on the pitch doesn't fit the bill.

Why are we reinventing the wheel here? We leave him out and bring Rooney or Cleverley in and the team looks miles better.

This result is a blessing imo, SAF will see that this lineup just does not work against decent teams that have any pace or ball retention. Put a team out that can keep the ball (and win it back) and the chances will come.

Why are we reinventing the wheel here? We leave him out and bring Rooney or Cleverley in and the team looks miles better.

This result is a blessing imo, SAF will see that this lineup just does not work against decent teams that have any pace or ball retention. Put a team out that can keep the ball (and win it back) and the chances will come.

How often have we seen Giggs completely out of games like these? Yet he's still playing. SAF won't change

That was about aerial threats, not general threats. No points scored Bestie, unlucky

No shots attempted in 33 minutes. Are we playing at the Camp Nou?

My first point about Bale wasn't about aerial issues. My second was just tongue in cheek since it's no surprise something like that happened. Really wasn't looking for points.

Have the team managed to put more than two? three? passes together?

My first point about Bale wasn't about aerial issues. My second was just tongue in cheek since it's no surprise something like that happened. Really wasn't looking for points.

Have the team managed to put more than two? three? passes together?

I thought you were referring to when dion said Bale didn't pose threat when we were talking about set pieces yesterday. Otherwise I don't see the point in that comment at all?

Archived