DazRTaylor

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANDERLECHT

MID SEASON REVIEW

rsc-anderlecht.jpg

constant-vanden-stock-stadium.jpg

After a lot of thinking, I decided to take the Anderlecht job. So this update is both a mid season update and an introduction to Anderlecht.

League

jupilerproleagueovervieb.png

A tough start to the season for Anderlecht. But still 5th and with the mental league system, I have set myself the target of becoming Champions this season.

Belgian Cup

Anderlecht are in the quarter finals and have drawn Mons. A good draw.

Squad

Extremely bloated! The club have 55 professionals on the books! 55!!! I need to shift around 25 of these. At least 20 are clearly not good enough.

I also plan on bringing in Cristian Yacuzzi, Édgar Fondy and Jorginho Paulista. All three have been immense for me at Lokeren this season. Fondy especially, with 8 goals from centre back, signed on a free last season and now a regular, I will attempt to sign them all either in the winter or summer.

Final word on signings goes to George Lebese. He threw his toys out of the pram at Lokeren earlier this season as he bleated about joining a bigger club. He cried, whinged and was generally a big girls blouse. He doesn't like me, which he has made known to the press, so I arranged a sale to...Anderlecht. He joins on 1 January. :D

Final word on Lokeren. They are currently 2nd, 2 points behind Club Brugge (with two games in hand) and have qualified for the knockout stage in the Europa League. So I leave them in great health.

Final word on signings goes to George Lebese. He threw his toys out of the pram at Lokeren earlier this season as he bleated about joining a bigger club. He cried, whinged and was genrally big girls blouse. He doesn't like me, which he has made known to the press, so I arranged a sale to...Anderlecht. He joins on 1 January. :D

He will be well pleased when he sees your face in the office then :D

TRANSFER UPDATES

I wouldn't normally do an update for just transfers but the squad was so bloated (and lacking in depth in certain positions) that a major overhaul was urgently required.

Transfers In

Cristian Yacuzzi - Needs no introduction but I had to pay through the nose for him but he is nothing short of a striking genius.

cristianyacuzzioverview.png

Édgar Fondy - An absolute diamond for me at Lokeren, so a no brainer when he wanted to join.

dgarfondyoverviewprofil.png

Sebastián Frutos - I was after this young lad when I was at Lokeren but he wasn't interested. He wanted to come to Anderlecht though! An absolute beast.

sebastinfrutosoverviewp.png

Federico Fernandez - Another young Argentine but this one was not on a professional deal so I could bypass the club. Cost only £1.14m. One for the future.

federicofernndezovervie.png

Transfers Out

The eagle eyed of you will have noticed the club had over 50 professionals.

I have sold/released 36 players and reduced my wage bill from over £250k per week to under £120k per week. I had some players on over £15k per week and were 2* rated. Ridiculous.

Always good to give your old team a hiding!

Some shrewd looking signings, surely you must be on for the league title this season?

I hope so - currently on a run of 5 straight league wins. Next few are also against lowly sides. I am 5 points off the top but with the crazy league split in 3 games, that is only 3 points difference. Frutos is just unbelieveable. 8 league games played. 10 goals. 8.43 average rating. From the wing. Thank goodness he is on a long contract. Yacuzzi has now played 4 league games. 4 goals and 8.47 average rating!

Sad to see the struggle Lokeren currently have. 1 win, 2 draws and 5 defeats in the league in this calendar year. Also as good as out of the Europa League. Lost 3-0 at home to Braga in the First Knockout Round. :(

I like this thread already. I like what you did with Lebese. Is he sitting in a corner having a breakdown yet after what his agents done. You also like to get about a bit don't you :).

Oh yes. I like to treat it like a proper career. ie, what would I do IRL? Better myself! :)

Lebese is sulking already. He is on a 3 year contract. Anderlecht are rich. He is rotting, slowly, ever so slowly, in the stiffs. :D

ANDERLECHT

SEASON 2014/15 REVIEW

League

jupilerproleagueovervie.png

jupilerproleagueovervie.png

As you can see from the table above, we dominated once I took over. With Frutos and Yacuzzi is sensational form, no one could live with us. Champions, with plenty to spare.

Belgian Cup

We won the cup making it a brilliant double.

Player of the Season

Who else? 16 games, 22 goals, 8.56 average rating. Enough said.

Special Mention

sebastinfrutosoverviewp.png

This guy is a future great, no doubt about that. 22 games, 15 goals, 7.96 average rating. Like Yacuzzi, he will end up at a Barcelona or a Bayern Munich or somewhere like that.

FORMER CLUB WATCH

SVV Jahn 2000 Regensburg - Finished 15th in the German Second Division, escaping relegation on the final day on goal difference. Lost 2-0 at Hannover in the 3rd round of the German Cup. A respectable performance in the Europa League, getting to the Group Stage.

Santa Clara - Safe mid table finish in 9th. Never in danger of going down. Lost 3-1 at home to Farense in the Portuguese Cup 4th round. Reached the third phase of the League Cup, finishing 2nd behind Benfica in their group. Lost in the Europa League 3rd qualifying round, 1-1 on away goals to Stabaek of Norway.

Sporting Lokeren - Finished 6th, more by default than anything else. A total and utter collapse since I left. I take the blame, as I took their best players with me with their final decent player, Jorginho Paulista, joining me in the summer. I seriously think relegation is a possibility for them next season. Lost 1-0, after extra time, away to Club Brugge in the 7th round of the Belgian Cup (I was in charge for this game). Lost 4-0 on aggregate to Braga in the first knockout round of the Europa League. See below for their results since I left:

sportinglokerenovlfixtu.png

Well done on winning the title with Anderlecht. Don't you just like when you finish 2nd in the League Table narrowing finishing at the top but win a few wins to get that league title in the Championship Group? :p

Good luck in Champions League next season. :thup:

Also great news that your screenshots look a lot more visible since I couldn't really see some of the older screenies because they were so small...

Well done on winning the title with Anderlecht. Don't you just like when you finish 2nd in the League Table narrowing finishing at the top but win a few wins to get that league title in the Championship Group? :p

Good luck in Champions League next season. :thup:

Also great news that your screenshots look a lot more visible since I couldn't really see some of the older screenies because they were so small...

Yeah, Pangaea advised how to change them :thup:

Much better!

Wow, that slump by Lokeren makes my slump as Forest boss on FM11 look like title winning form.

Nice one winning the league, but I don't like the league rules.

Have they changed at all in the past 20 years or so?

Yep, there was a big write up in World Soccer magazine about 6 months ago or so - they stated the 'big' clubs (Anderlecht, Standard, Club Brugge, Genk) bullied the others into accepting this. It prolongs the season and generates more TV money - basically for themselves as they will nearly always be in the Championship group. This system has only been around for 1/2 years or so IRL.

I was wondering. Imo, one of the big teams didn't win the league one year, so they all said that it needed to come in(Big Teams). That means that at least one of them will win it. Seems a **** rule really. Especially if a lesser fancied team does well and leads the table up until the split and then has to play the best teams.

ANDERLECHT

SEASON PREVIEW 2015/16

After the success of last season, the board invariably want me to repeat the domestic double, though I don't care about the Belgian Cup and will use this for my fringe players. They expect me to reach the playoffs for the Champions League. Which, as I am automatically in the group stage. Maybe they mean the knockout stage.

New Signings

First Team Players

Jorginho Paulista - Superb centre back who can also play as a defensive midfielder. Signed for £4.2m from my old club, Lokeren. Final nail in their coffin I think...

Peter Nys - Versatile player who can play in midfield or defence, signed on a free transfer from Zulte Waregem. Will be invaluable for his home grown status.

Ersin Kirsavoglu - Young Turkish defensive midfielder signed for £2.2m from Besiktas. Big things expected from him...in time.

Souza - Left winger signed for £2.4m from Santos. This Brazilian adds to my growing list of South Americans.

Angelo - Another Brazilian signed from Santos. This centre back cost only £950,000 and has huge potential.

Matías Luongo - Yet another brilliant young Argentine. £2.4m from Boca Juniors for this central midfielder.

Hot Prospects

Ferhat Tengilimoglu - Signed from Ankaragucu for a bargain £350,000. Future first teamer without a doubt for this midfielder/winger.

Ibrahim Gungor - A free transfer signing from Bursaspor. Is proficient at either right back or centre back.

Giuseppe Salvadori - Signed from Serie B in Italy, he refused to sign an extension with Varese so the left back joins on a free transfer.

Additional Leagues

As stated earlier, I have added the Russian and Ukrainian leagues to my game. I have also added the Turkish, Argentinian and Brazilian leagues though Brazil doesn't get added until January. All five new leagues are as far down as they will go. Russia and Ukraine added as I have never been there before and it would be interesting, Turkey, Argentina and Brazil added for the sheer quality and quantity of their young players.

Looks a lot better now :thup:

Some cracking players you have there too. Congrats with the title and good luck in CL. Will you stay long with Anderlecht and where else do you want to go?

It does indeed - many thanks for your help :D

Unless a big offer from a "Big Five" league comes in, I am staying at Anderlecht. Unless I am sacked too of course and after Santa Clara, I dont rule it out haha.

As for the future, I would love to win the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and the Premier League. Either way I hope to take Yacuzzi & Frutos with me lol.

Indeed, all your prospects look phenomenal! I think this could be a season you do very well in the Champions League!

I hope so. My target is the knockout rounds. Then it is down to luck whom you draw. If I draw a Barce/Milan/Bayern/Man Utd etc, then game over.

A nice move to Anderlecht and congrats on winning the title.Good luck in the CL,hopefully the draw will be kind enough to you to allow you to reach the knockout stages :D

Now it is Cristian Yacuzzi who is going up attribute wise, everywhere:

He and Frutos have started the season brilliantly, as I expected them to. I managed to get Frutos to sign a new 5 year contract but he is on massive money, though Yacuzzi declined.

I genuinely have no idea how long I can keep hold of them.

I guess I got my answer:

darrentaylornewsinboxv.png

Absolutely gutted.

My chairman is a **** of the highest order. No ambition whatsoever. Now he pulls the rug from under me. When I arrived, Anderlecht had not won the league in 3 years. I win the double. I increase the bank balance from £9.5m to £17.3m. He decreased my wage budget from £275k per week when I arrive to £195k now. He gives me just £1.6m to spend (granted I spent last seasons with what you see a few posts up). He is a moron.

I have now concluded my transfer dealings for the summer and my final three players are:

kardequinhooverviewprof.png

luanoverviewprofile.png

romriooverviewprofile.png

Not only does Kardequinho have an awesome name, he is one tasty keeper too.

Luan looks like another great talent in the making. He will be going straight into the side.

Romario is on loan from Real Madrid.

As an aside, my three permanently South American based scouts have come through for me yet again.

You could argue that the sale of Yacuzzi has allowed me to stregthen the squad stiill further, as evidenced in this post, but I am still angry. Having Yacuzzi, I felt I was capable of beating anyone on our day. Yes, we would probably lose against Man Utd, Barcelona et al, but with Yacuzzi we could score from anywhere. Now I have my doubts.

Time will tell.

Just caught up with this. Good stuff :)

Bit of a bummer to lose Yacuzzi - did the transfer include a sell-on clause at all? Maybe at this rate you'll find yourself managing him at Real one day ;)

Yes, there is a 20% sell on clause for any profit made. He will definitely become a £40m+ player so Anderlecht will get a windfall one day. £3.2m due after 20 league goals so that wont take long.

I have found that being in Belgium, the Germans, French, Italians etc don't want to come here. The South Americans are cheaper, better players and there is plenty available.:D

Indeed, I once turned Ipswich into a colony of Rio (well, if up to 8-9 can be considered that) over a couple of years, because as I was trying to break into the top half of the Premier League, I was suddenly able to go for a load of young Brazilians, who were still relatively low-enough rep for their abilities, and as I had no chance yet of getting similarly good players established in europe, that did lead to a bit of a Brazilian influx. It was simply the logical thing to do.

Archived