You Have To Be In It To Win It

DazRTaylor

Welsh :eek:

I suppose someone has to be ;):D

Tough luck in the CL final Daz but with those signings, inparticularly Diego, it should give you more of a chance of winning it next season. Good luck trying to emulate Steve Bruce :D.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welsh

My deepest sympathies. Just for you, my first competitive game for England is below :D

walesvenglandinformatio.png

Good luck with Spurs this season and England, hopefully it's not too much of a chore for you.

Good start to the season. I drew 3-3 at The Emirates in the first league game after being 3-1 down at half time. :)

I suppose someone has to be

Tough luck in the CL final Daz but with those signings, inparticularly Diego, it should give you more of a chance of winning it next season. Good luck trying to emulate Steve Bruce .

Thanks but the last bit was harsh :D

I have played this a bit today so it seems the best time to explain my tactic for Spurs. Earlier in the thread I explained my 4-1-1-3-1 formation. I have tweaked this again and it has made Spurs the single most attacking side ever seen. I score at three a game, minimum. I concede a fair few too - 1.5 per game - but my fabulous forwards make sure we normally score more than the opposition.

Tactic is below:

tottenhamhotspurteamsel.png

As you can see, it is mental but it actually works!

That's pretty much exactly a "WW" formation. Good job getting that working in modern football, I'm surprised your central defender has such a high average rating if you're conceding at 1.5 per game! Incidentally have you faced a flat 3-4-3 or 4-2-4 with that system yet? If so, how did it hold up?

You are more than welcome :D

I am thinking of resting this game for a bit (I will return though!) as I fancy a game like Pangaea's - take a BSN/S game from the bottom to the Premier League. Not sure if I should post a thread on here or not.

Just been catching up on this thread today. Great going so far, hurts to lose the CL final though :(

It probably got lost in between other stuff, but funny you should mention this. In the discussion thread I mentioned you would perhaps enjoy a save like that, trying to take a single team from nowhere to somewhere. I've always enjoyed those saves the most throughout my CM/FM days. Saves with big teams tend to be fun for one or perhaps two seasons, then it's all there and it's more or less a continue and auto-win routine. Almost no matter what you do, when it stops being a challenge and thus rewarding when you succeed, it also stops being fun. I suppose you're reaching that point in this career.

You mentioned you don't like extra files and such, but like I said in the post in the general discussion thread, I have nothing but good experiences with uncle ron's England file down to level 8. It's the file I started my FM10 save with. He has done it for (at least) three years now so I'm sure it's the most stable file out there. I've never had any problems with it. Certainly not since we did some testing on the borders between divisions in the (very) early FM10 days.

I've heard murmurs that SI changed something in the 12.1 update in regards to the editor so I don't know how well the extra rules he put in works now, but if you go to the thread of that update in the editor's forum I'm sure they have covered it.

If you do start a new save it's well worth writing an update of it, however :thup:

Hope Disney's not a Mickey Mouse player (well someone was bound to say it).
No, we were all thinking it but we're too good for cheap laughs, unlike you

Haha :)

That's not what I've seen. Anyway, I've seen odder tactics, that one looks workable despite the risks.

It helps that I have genuine superstars in 4 of the front 5 positions. Candido being the odd one out. But as he is only 18, he will be in time. Cracking start to his career.

That's pretty much exactly a "WW" formation. Good job getting that working in modern football, I'm surprised your central defender has such a high average rating if you're conceding at 1.5 per game! Incidentally have you faced a flat 3-4-3 or 4-2-4 with that system yet? If so, how did it hold up?

Not really. Mainly 4-4-2 with the occasional different formation (4-3-3, 3-5-2 and even 5-3-2).

Just been catching up on this thread today. Great going so far, hurts to lose the CL final though :(

It probably got lost in between other stuff, but funny you should mention this. In the discussion thread I mentioned you would perhaps enjoy a save like that, trying to take a single team from nowhere to somewhere. I've always enjoyed those saves the most throughout my CM/FM days. Saves with big teams tend to be fun for one or perhaps two seasons, then it's all there and it's more or less a continue and auto-win routine. Almost no matter what you do, when it stops being a challenge and thus rewarding when you succeed, it also stops being fun. I suppose you're reaching that point in this career.

You mentioned you don't like extra files and such, but like I said in the post in the general discussion thread, I have nothing but good experiences with uncle ron's England file down to level 8. It's the file I started my FM10 save with. He has done it for (at least) three years now so I'm sure it's the most stable file out there. I've never had any problems with it. Certainly not since we did some testing on the borders between divisions in the (very) early FM10 days.

I've heard murmurs that SI changed something in the 12.1 update in regards to the editor so I don't know how well the extra rules he put in works now, but if you go to the thread of that update in the editor's forum I'm sure they have covered it.

If you do start a new save it's well worth writing an update of it, however :thup:

I have started a career with Dartford on another save (only loaded English leagues as will be a one club career) so will play as Dartford and also continue this careers when the need takes me. I will wait to see how Dartford pans out before committing to a thread though.

I have tried Uncle Ron's (before 12.1 admittedly) but it allowed Bosman Frees in England from English sides 6 months before the contract is up, when it should be 1 month. Also, I really am scared of crashes. The code this year appears to be far more volatile than normal so I will stick with default league.

Thanks for your comments though :thup:

One game before the mid season update, it seems appropriate to show a summary and the budgets.

As you can see below, I am well within mu budgets with plenty to spare should a player I want come available.

tottenhamboardroomboard.png

Below, you can see just how often my side score goals. My defense has tightened considerably in the last few months. The average attendence is on the move as my expansion has been completed and the capacity is now, 65,000 up from just under 50,000.

darrentayloroverviewhom.png

As an aside, I misread this chaps name. I found it funny anyway :D

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

MID SEASON REVIEW

Champions League

A cakewalk, scoring goals for fun. The only dropped points were a 1-1 draw away to Milan.

uefachampionsleagueover.png

League

Again, a cakewalk. Drew 3-3 at Arsenal (I was 3-1 down at half time), 3-3 at home to Manchester City, 2-2 at Chelsea (I was 2-0 up at half time too) and 2-2 at Newcastle, otherwise easy wins with plenty of goals.

barclayspremierleagueov.png

F. A. Cup

Being a Premier League club, I obviously don't enter until the third round, which is two weeks away. I got a bum draw though. Away to Arsenal. I expect to win, but it could of been a lot easier.

League Cup

Despite fielding teenagers in all games, I am into the semi final where I play Peterborough over two legs.

Players

Players In

Not planning on bringing anyone in.

Players Out

I only expect some loans out from my youth and reserve sides. Some of my youth have reached 17 years of age, so I feel first team football would be better for their development.

Finally, I know I bang on about Sebastián Frutos all the time, but this year he is beating anything he has done before. Just look at his return, especially the assists:

sebastinfrutosoverviewaa.png

MY SQUAD

As promised, my first team squad is below. One of the finest I have ever assembled, it has many superstars. Also, the average age is just 24.

Goalkeepers

Jorge Arias - Fantastic young goalkeeper. Still a teenager, he has a fabulous career ahead of him.

Paschalis Dimitroulopoulos - Teenage Greek keeper, a solid understudy playing in the domestic cups.

Defenders

Maicol Cevenini - Italian right back who joined in the summer.

Rafael Tolói - Brazilian centre half, signed before I arrived. Now a back up.

Noumouké Mané - Young centre half who signed in the summer. Rotates with Disney.

Moké Disney - Signed in the summer. Rotates with Mané.

Abdellah Elouaari - Versatile 21 year old who can also play up front.

Alex Sandro - Brazilian left back signed by my predecessor.

Midfielders/Wingers

Gareth Bale - Still at the club. Now into his tenth season here.

Sandro - Cathcing Bale up, but into his ninth season at the club.

Sebastián Frutos - I need say nothing about this guy!

Roque Pernía - Followed me from Werder Bremen. Plays in an attacking midfielder role. Sidekick to Frutos.

Émerson Cándido - Brilliant teenage Brazilian. I was reluctant to throw him into the first team so young but he has made the left win position his own.

Mounir Boulemdais - Teenage French midfielder with a big future.

António Rodrigues - Young product of the Benfica youth system. A revelation.

Jean-Jacques Agape - Followed me from Werder Bremen. A future great.

Mehmet Kocak - Another young French sensation.

Azariah O'Connor - A product of the Manchester United academy, my predecessor signed him. Back up in the full England squad too.

Jhon Riveros - Very exciting teenage Columbian.

Forwards

Lorenzo Lencina - Argentine forward signed for £18m from Fiorentina a year ago.

Diego - Free transfer signing from Real Madrid after a spectacular fallout with José Mourinho (who is still there, seven years on).

Sebastián Herrera - Teenage forward playing in the domestic cups.

Not really. Mainly 4-4-2 with the occasional different formation (4-3-3, 3-5-2 and even 5-3-2).

I'd be interested to see some screens from the 2D pitch view of a game in that case. To me that's a WW with one half-back pushed further forward.

Not a bad squad ;)

Looks like Spurs are ready to dominate!

I can understand you also starting a different career aswell, not a bad idea that. Are still planning on playing this one or will the Dartford save take up most of your FM time?

I'd be interested to see some screens from the 2D pitch view of a game in that case. To me that's a WW with one half-back pushed further forward.

Um, not sure what screen you mean? :confused:

Not a bad squad ;)

Looks like Spurs are ready to dominate!

I can understand you also starting a different career aswell, not a bad idea that. Are still planning on playing this one or will the Dartford save take up most of your FM time?

I am currently playing both. I expect Dartford will take over at some point but I will return here at some point.

Have you started your other thread yet O-o?

Not sure about doing a thread for my Dartford game. Time will tell.

Either take screenshots during a live game or bring up the highlights of one already played and find some good examples of your shape.

The reason I have that was trying to explain to some cretin in GD that a 4-2-3-1 deep didn't mean there was a 50 yard gap between DMs and AM.

Off topic: SnakeXe, what are Apple computers like?

I like them. The OS is very good - what Apple do best is the interface between hardware and software, so you'll get superior performance from a similarly specced Mac and PC in my experience. They're more expensive, sure, but you get what you pay for in the quality of the product. People (Flamers) will try to say "look what PC you can build for the price of this Mac" but numbers don't tell the whole story.

I like them. The OS is very good - what Apple do best is the interface between hardware and software, so you'll get superior performance from a similarly specced Mac and PC in my experience. They're more expensive, sure, but you get what you pay for in the quality of the product. People (Flamers) will try to say "look what PC you can build for the price of this Mac" but numbers don't tell the whole story.

I've never used a Mac and have heard differing opinions whether they are worth it or not. Not looking to get a new one or anything, just for a little bit of reference. Cheers! :):thup:

The same way you get any uploaded.

I asked as I have never uploaded a match before.

Either take screenshots during a live game or bring up the highlights of one already played and find some good examples of your shape.

The reason I have that was trying to explain to some cretin in GD that a 4-2-3-1 deep didn't mean there was a 50 yard gap between DMs and AM.

Will see what I can do.

Ok, this is getting silly. I fielded nine teenagers. The only two who were not were Frutos and Tolói at the back. Of the 11, nine were reserves with the obvious exception of Frutos and Lencina.

tottenhamvpeterboroughi.png

14-4 on aggregate. I won 6-3 away in the first leg, again with the team detailed above.

Archived