You Have To Be In It To Win It

DazRTaylor

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough decision to take the job at Spurs, it's an attractive offer. Although don't be knocking the mighty Reds off the top of the Premier League too soon. ;):D

I always forget how young Bale is; I was expecting him to be well into his 30's when I looked at his profile, but he's only 28! It seems he's been around for ages.

Fair enough decision to take the job at Spurs, it's an attractive offer. Although don't be knocking the mighty Reds off the top of the Premier League too soon. ;):D

I always forget how young Bale is; I was expecting him to be well into his 30's when I looked at his profile, but he's only 28! It seems he's been around for ages.

No chance of that this season. The screenshot I posted above Liverpool led by 4 points. Just 3 games later, they lead by 11 points! Title is in the bag.

Updating on transfer window in a few minutes.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

TRANSFER WINDOW

JANUARY 2018

I wouldn't normally place an update so soon after the last one but as I have taken over my new club at the start of the mid season transfer window, so there has been plenty of activity.

Players In

Some of these will be familiar ;)

Marquee Signings

Sebastián Frutos - Nothing needs to be said about this chap. One of the best players I have ever managed. Cost me £43m but is worth every single penny.

Roque Pernía - Fabulous Argentine attacking midfielder from my former club, Werder Bremen for £28m.

Lorenzo Lencina - Argentine striker signed from Fiorentina for £18m. It was between him, Cristian Yacuzzi, or Eduardo Trimboli whom I signed. I was quoted £48m for Yacuzzi and £34m for Trimboli so Lencina was a no brainer.

First Team Players

Moké Disney - £17.5m 23 year old Congolese centre back signed from Stade Rennais.

Hot Prospects

Mehmet Kocak - Also signed from Werder Bremen. £4.2m for the young French/Turkish midfielder.

Mohammed Marzooq - Excellent young Egyptian attacking midfielder signed for £1.6m from Masry. AK22 will approve. ;)

Jorge Arias - £2m young goalkeeper signed from Flamurtari. I seriously looked at him when at Werder Bremen, but couldn't justify having four goalkeepers on my books. Jorge Arias will be third choice.

Players Out

I sold ten players for a combined £67.55m, released two more and loaned a further two to significantly trim the squad.

Regarding my departure from Werder Bremen, I have no regrets. I have left the club in fantastic shape and they have some of the worlds best young players with the ability to become superstars. Below is a screenshot of my shortlist. I usually sort it by the recommendations (ie, 5* at the top etc) but to show the depth of young talent at Werder Bremen, I have grouped them together. Look at the stars, plus their ages:

darrentaylorsearchshort.png

I'm not surprised you took Sebastián Frutos and Roque Pernía with you. Both look like stars for years to come. Money well spent :thup:. Shame you couldn't afford Yacuzzi though, that would've completed probably the most potent strike force in Europe.

Interesting move to Spurs, I probably would have seen the season out at Werder to see what I could do in the CL but it was an attractive offer so can't blame you for moving on.

Also, nice job raiding your former club, great players those!

Interesting move to Spurs, I probably would have seen the season out at Werder to see what I could do in the CL but it was an attractive offer so can't blame you for moving on.

Also, nice job raiding your former club, great players those!

Liking the look of your signings, definitely worth taking your star players with you.

And you're right, I am a big fan of your Egyptian youngster already! Don't leave him unattended, otherwise I might try and sign him!

I have another coming in, in the summer :)

Oh, and this was going so well until you joined the Scum...

:lol:

U mad, bro?

Good luck taking the Best team in North London to the top [/banter]

Haha internal derby fight

I'm not surprised you took Sebastián Frutos and Roque Pernía with you. Both look like stars for years to come. Money well spent. Shame you couldn't afford Yacuzzi though, that would've completed probably the most potent strike force in Europe.

I agree but Lencina is coming good. 6 goals in his 8 games :D

how do you do your screen shots mate. skin is sexy too

Skin is awesome. I downloaded it from here

Screenies: I play in full windowed mode but these screenies are not very clear. So I go to as small as it will allow screen wise, so you can see your desktop. Press Alt-F9. Upload screenshot on ImageShack. Link it here. :D

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Champions League

When I joined, we had drawn Lyon in the first knockout round. We won comfortably 4-2 on aggregate, giving a date with Paris St Germain, whom we hammered 5-0 on aggregate. An all London semi final, against Chelsea saw us squeeze through 3-2 on aggregate. This pleased me for many reasons, not least sweet revenge for our FA Cup elimination. At this point I should explain I sold 10 players when I arrived and their replacements were cup tied. So, youths apart, I had a squad of 15 players for the knockout rounds. 15 quality players though so assuming they remain injury free, I had a chance. Fiorentina awaited in the final but disaster struck in our last league game. Whilst we won the game, we lost Mauricio Isla and Gareth Bale to injury. As a result, we lost the final to Fiorentina:

fiorentinavtottenhaminf.png

League

I am really chuffed we finished third. I beat Liverpool at Anfield, meaning their lead over Man City was cut to just two points (us, Chelsea and Man Utd were miles behind these two). However, Liverpool were all but guaranteed the title after the next round, as we mullered Man City 4-0 at Perryman Stadium. We were excellent against both sides. Strange how we can beat those but when we played Chelsea at home, we were lucky to only lose 1-0. Both Liverpool and Man City lost their last two games, meaning we closed the gap considerably. Man Utd lost the fewest games than anyone else, yet finished fifth and lost out on Champions League qualification.

barclayspremierleagueov.png

F. A. Cup

As stated earlier in the thread, we lost 3-1 at Chelsea in the sixth round.

League Cup

We were eliminated before I arrived. We lost 2-1 at home to Stoke City in the quarter finals.

Players

Player of the Season

Left back who had a blinder of a season.

alexsandrooverviewprofi.png

Special Mention

A future great, no doubt about it. Yes, I know I have said it before, but it is true... As he joined in January, I cant justify giving him overall Player of the Season.

sebastinfrutosoverviewp.png

Next Season

I am pleased with my squad. I have arranged the transfer of three players who will be first team players, all defenders as this is the area that could do with some investment. My midfield and forwards are fine as they are. The season preview will explain more.

FORMER CLUB WATCH

SVV Jahn 2000 Regensburg - Back in the German Third Division, they won the league at a canter to enable a swift return to the second division. They lost in the first round of the German Cup, 2-0 at home to top flight Eintracht Frankfurt.

Santa Clara - A big struggle this season, probably because of the volume of games they had to play. Finished 14th and survived by one point. In the Europa League they finished last in their group, drawing once and losing five times. In the Portuguese Cup they embarrassingly got hammered 4-0 away to regional third tier side Camacha. They did receive some consolation though as they lifted the League Cup, beating Porto 4-2 in the final (which came one week after Porto hammered them 3-0 in the league). I don't believe the League Cup winners qualify for the Europa League though.

Sporting Lokeren - A good season in the league saw Lokeren qualify for the Championship Group. They finished fifth. In the Europa League they reached the group stage before finishing third. In the Belgian Cup they lost on penaltues to Eupen of the second division, after a 1-1 draw away from home.

Anderlecht - As expected, they played in the Championship Group and they were 2 points behind Genk going into the last round of games. They won but so did Genk. So 2nd place. In the Champions League they finished third in their group to enter the Europa League. They reached the quarter finals before losing 4-1 on aggregate to Feyenoord. Lost on penalties to Standard after drawing 2-2 at home in the seventh round of the Belgian Cup.

Werder Bremen - When I left, they were 2nd in the league, 9 points ahead of third, in the knockout round of the Champions League and in the quarter fional of the German Cup. They finished a disappointing 4th in the league, meaning no Champions League football next season, lost 3-0 on aggregate to Chelsea in the quarter finals of the Champions League (They beat Athletic Bilbao in the first knockout round on penalties, after a 3-3 draw) and lost 2-1 at home to Bayer Leverkusen in the smei final of the German Cup. I am surprised at their collapse in the league, but the answer is obvious. They sold four players (three to me) in January for the princely sum of £116.3m. Their replacements were cheap (only £5.65m spent) and inadequate.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

SEASON PREVIEW 2018/19

Competitions

Champions League - The board want a quarter final place. I want the trophy!

League - The board want a top four finish and Champions League qualification. I would like a top two finish.

F. A. Cup - The board want a semi final place. This seems reasonable to me.

League Cup - The board don't care. Neither do I so will field my reserves and youth players.

TRANSFER WINDOW

Players In

Marquee Signings

Diego - Amazing free transfer signing. He declined a new deal at Real Madrid time after time. I have been after him for years and now I have him on a Bosman free! Look at those stats!

Maicol Cevenini - 21 year old Italian right back signed for £9.5m from my Champions League conquerors, Fiorentina. Considering the cost of defenders, full backs especially, this is an absolute steal.

First Team Signings

Pascalis Dimitroulopoulos - Young Greek goalkeeper, set to be back up to Jorge Arias, who made sensational progress last season to be my new number 1. £2m from Panaitolikos.

Fabrizio Bouvet - 17 year old defensive midfielder who can also play at right back. Signed for £5m from Marseille. Will be in the first team squad this season but as a back up.

Abdellah Elouaari - 20 year old Moroccan centre half, signed for £4m from Saudi Arabian club, Al-Hilal. Can also play up front.

Sebastián Herrera - £3.5m signing from Espanyol for this 18 year old Columbian striker. Back up to Lencina and Diego.

Jhon Riveros - 21 year old Columbian attacking midfielder. Signed for £3.6m from Cerro Porteno.

Noumouké Mané - Exciting looking 21 year old French centre half signed from Marseille for £7.5m

Hot Prospects

I spent over £7m on 8 new scouts. Why so much? Because they are all maximum rated in CA and PA spotting. The benefits of this are the following signings:

Alin Gavrila - 16 year old Romanian centre back signed for £1.4m from Universitatea Cluj.

Geoffrey Dubus - 15 year old French defensive midfielder signed from Boulogne for £1.4m.

Julius Heinrich - 15 year old German attacking midfielder, signed for £1.1m from 1860 Munich.

Jonathan Tissot - 15 year old French attacking midfielder signed for £2m from Bastia.

Matthieu Herbreteau - 14 year old French attacking midfielder signed from Stade Lavallois for for a bargain £80,000.

Mounir Boulemdais - 17 year old defensive midfielder signed for £3.4m from Lens.

Pawal Tomczak - 19 year old Polish attacking midfielder signed for £3.3m from Valencia.

This may seem like a lot of youngsters to bring in, but the club had no youth prospects at all and we need the next generation.

Players Out

I made the difficult decision to sell club legend Luca Modric. I actually thought about this long and hard. But he is 32 now and this last season he declined as a footballer. An offer of £8.25m from Inter was too good to refuse so he left. In total, I sold or released 15 players and raised £66m.

One of the best free transfers I've seen. How has he not been capped by Brazil?

Great work reaching the Champions League final and finishing 3rd in the league. Good luck for the new season :thup:

Thanks mate :D

Regarding Diego, I was watching him for 3 years and he never wanted to come to my previous clubs. He had a huge fall out with Mourinho yet he still refused to move so he was with Castilla, when he wasn't loaned out, which probably explains his lack of international caps. Below is his career to date:

diegohistorycareerstats.png

That was a great first season with Spurs. Diego is an immense signing, one of which will surely put you in the title race again next season.

Good luck with England. Was Bruce sacked? If so, that's a bit harsh. Any manager who took England to a World Cup final would be immortalised! (Mind you, this is Steve Bruce! ;))

Looking good for next season - and good luck with England too (I'm assuming you're taking it :p).

Definitely :)

That was a great first season with Spurs. Diego is an immense signing, one of which will surely put you in the title race again next season.

Good luck with England. Was Bruce sacked? If so, that's a bit harsh. Any manager who took England to a World Cup final would be immortalised! (Mind you, this is Steve Bruce! ;))

First season at Spurs was terrific but losing the final leaves a bad taste. I almost wish I didn't make the final!

And yes, he was sacked. Tad harsh but, like you said, it IS Steve Bruce so in my opinion, wholly justified.

Don't be too sorry for him though, he has several things going against him:

1) He used to manage Sunderland.

2) His next job was at Man Utd when Laurent Blanc quit to take over at France.

3) Just to repeat: He used to manage Sunderland.

The Steve "Pat Butcher" Bruce is immortalised is the day I become a cave-dwelling hermit.

Agree entirely!!!

Definitely :)

First season at Spurs was terrific but losing the final leaves a bad taste. I almost wish I didn't make the final!

And yes, he was sacked. Tad harsh but, like you said, it IS Steve Bruce so in my opinion, wholly justified.

Don't be too sorry for him though, he has several things going against him:

1) He used to manage Sunderland.

2) His next job was at Man Utd when Laurent Blanc quit to take over at France.

3) Just to repeat: He used to manage Sunderland.

Agree entirely!!!

HA this made me laugh :L

Archived