From the terraces to the top...hopefully!

Raware

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       1st      League Champions, Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup Winners
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     1st      League Champions
2013/14  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet North                      1st      League Champions, Isthmian Charity Shield Winners
2014/15  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       13th     -
2015/16  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       3rd      -

Trophies

[b]Evo-Stik League First Division South[/b]		2011/12

[b]Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup[/b] 				2011/12

[b]Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division[/b]		2012/13

[b]Blue Square Bet North[/b] 				2013/14

[b]Isthmian Charity Shield[/b]	 			2013/14

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That John Hargreaves does look great! Your scouts/coaches might not be wrong!

I hope they're not!

How good are your scouts ?

They're not too bad, they've found some decent players so far for us. Probably right for the level we're at but the Hargreaves find could prove to be their best yet :D.

Hargreaves looks like a good player. One question though:

Is he born in Calgary and half-Canadian?

Ha ha, no releation to Owen I'm afraid. Besides, he'd pick England anyway ;). He was actually born in Corby and came through Corbys youth system. How good their youth system is remains to be seen.

Quite a trophy cabinet you've put together so far!

Cheers cerud. 5 trophies in 5 seasons isn't too bad if I do say so myself (even if a couple were Mickey Mouse cups :D).

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2016/17 : Mid-season update

Blue Square Bet Premier : Coming into the season I wanted us to pick up where we left off from last season and so far, we have as we sit in a play-off place at the halfway point of the season. Alan Lynch, while not tucking the goals away as regularly as he has done in the past, leads our scoring charts as he’s netted 10 times (9 in the league) and his new strike partner, 17 year old John Hargreaves looks as promising as my scouts said he’d be as he’s notched up 8 goals as well as already attracting the interest of a few big clubs (well, big in comparison to us).

Onto the cups and it’s the usual story in the FA Cup for us as Notts County trounced us 3-0 to send us out as the 2nd round stage but we’re still in the FA Trophy and looking good to match our exploits from last season as we face Histon in the 2nd round.

My aims for the remainder of the season… : I’ll be disappointed if we can’t make the play-offs again this season.

Win both games in hand and top spot is yours by the looks of it.
Looking very good so far and having two games in hand could be very helpful in going for automatic promotion
Looking good so far.

Thanks guys :thup:

Hey, even Mickey Mouse cups add to the silverware.

True. I'd probably take a spoon if it was silver! :D

Bad luck just missing out last year, hope you can avoid the play-off rollercoaster this year and get that top spot, good luck!
Very strong start. Good luck for the remainder of the season :thup:
Keep it up! By the looks of things, should be a close run conclusion to the season, maybe ending with automatic promotion if you win the games in hand.

Thanks guys :thup:. I'm 10 games from the end of the season and it's looking just as close as last year. It's that close I couldn't even call who's gonna go up.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2016/17 : Review

Blue Square Bet Premier/Blue Square Bet Premier progress/Blue Square Bet Premier fixtures : After last seasons play-off disappointment I was hoping we could bounce straight back from it this season and at least make the play-offs again…and we seemed to be doing so as once we hit the halfway mark of the season we were on track for a repeat of last seasons play-off place finish. As the season went on though it was once again going right down to the wire as with one game remaining the title was between ourselves and Tranmere. It was academic though as we won our last game and Tranmere lost theirs to leave us to claim the title and with that, a place in the Football League :D.

FA Cup : We went a round further than last season as Notts County knocked us out in the 2nd round after beating us 3-0.

FA Trophy : After last seasons semi final heartbreak, we made amends as we went all the way where we beat Blue Square Bet South side Woking 1-0 in the final.

Transfers : We added some real quality to the squad this season as in came Femi Ilesanmi, Sean McDermott, Will Evans (who left later in the season) and Mihai Bucur (who was recommended to me by Iulian Popescu) all on free transfers, Emeka Yusuf from Worksop on a free transfer, Junior from Histon on a free transfer and probably my most pleasing signing John Hargreaves who I’m told has the potential to be a good Premier League striker in the future :D.

Squad : The set of players were outstanding this season as they took us to both the Blue Square Bet Premier league title and the FA Trophy. Alan Lynch as usual was knocking the goals in for us as he hit 21 goals in all competitions (122 league goals altogether for us now) while his new strike partner John Hargreaves also grabbed 21 goals in his debut season as well as also attracting the interest of a few big clubs. We also signed another Romanian in Mihai Bucur after he was recommended to us by Iulian Popescu, which now takes us up to 3 Romanians in the squad…I think Romanians to us now are like Egyptians to AK22 ;). We’ve got a few players’ contracts running out at the end of the season though which I haven’t decided to renew as honestly, I don’t think they’ll be good enough for League Two so it’ll leave us a little short which means I’ll definitely have to venture into the transfer market during the summer.

Finances : Still in the red but our cup run and league title win has put us back to close to being back in the black.

My views of the season… : An outstanding season which culminated in promotion to the Football League and then to top it off, we added the FA Trophy to our cabinet too!.

My aims for next season… : Survival…nothing else.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       1st      League Champions, Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup Winners
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     1st      League Champions
2013/14  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet North                      1st      League Champions, Isthmian Charity Shield Winners
2014/15  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       13th     -
2015/16  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       3rd      -
2016/17  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier    		       1st      League Champions, FA Trophy Winners

A couple of other end of season points :

Thanks to our fantastic season, the league title win and the FA Trophy win has firmly established me on the clubs icon list :D

Iconstatus.png

Iconinfo.png

…and the board have announced plans to build a new stadium, imaginatively named Coalville Stadium which will hold 7591 (3591 more than we can currently hold at Owen Street Sports Ground).

Newstadium.png

Great season and fantastic news on the stadium front :thup:

Cheers roganp. It was a bit of a surprise when the board announced it but it's definitely what we need to make the next step up.

Great season there, couldn't have gone much better. A cup trophy, a promotion and league win, and a new stadium on the horizon. Congratulations.

Already an icon too. I've taken Walton all the way to the Premier League and am not even a favoured person yet. I'm guessing because there is no counter in FM10 for promotions and we have usually gotten promoted through the playoffs or after placing behind the league winner in automatic promotion spots. So not much actual glory for the club, besides climbing up the league ladder.

Good luck in the Football League. Interesting to see how you do there.

Definitely moving up in the world.
Well done
Bash, bang, wallop!

Cracking season

Thanks guys :thup:

Great season there, couldn't have gone much better. A cup trophy, a promotion and league win, and a new stadium on the horizon. Congratulations.

Already an icon too. I've taken Walton all the way to the Premier League and am not even a favoured person yet. I'm guessing because there is no counter in FM10 for promotions and we have usually gotten promoted through the playoffs or after placing behind the league winner in automatic promotion spots. So not much actual glory for the club, besides climbing up the league ladder.

Good luck in the Football League. Interesting to see how you do there.

Thanks Pangaea. I've been enjoying your Walton journey and glad to see you finally make the Prem :thup:. It's criminal though that you're not even on the favoured list :eek: but as you say, probably because of the code for FM10 and play-off wins rather than league wins.

Not sure how we'll do in the Football League but last seasons promoted pair Darlington and AFC Telford managed to stay up (only just) so I'm hoping we've got a chance of survival.

Readingoffer.png

Norwichoffer.png

A couple of interesting offers, in particularly the Norwich offer but not good enough to persuade me to leave Coalville just yet. Interestingly, I asked to delay both offers for a week and Norwich came back with an offer that included a transfer budget of just £200k, slightly different to their original offer of a £7 million transfer budget!

Lee Harriman, Ashley Brown and Raware, the Holy Trinity of Coalville Town Football Club :D

Well done reaching the Football League. By looking at the selected players in your squad, I would say you've got more than enough (Romanian :D) talent to maintain League Two status, maybe even enough to have a sneaky challenge for the playoffs :thup:

And most excellent news on stadium front too!

Lee Harriman, Ashley Brown and Raware, the Holy Trinity of Coalville Town Football Club.

Well done reaching the Football League. By looking at the selected players in your squad, I would say you've got more than enough (Romanian) talent to maintain League Two status, maybe even enough to have a sneaky challenge for the playoffs.

And most excellent news on stadium front too!

The Holy Trinity of Coalville Town Football Club? I'm in a league of my own now :cool:

Legend.png

I'm hoping we can avoid relegation this season, not sure about play-offs though. Although we're predicted to finish bottom yet have been given odds of 16-1 with a chance of sneaking a play-off place. Bit of a contradiction :confused:.

As for the (Romanian) talent, we've currently got a few more on trial so our Eastern European contingent could be expanded. I'm collecting Romanians like you do Egyptians ;)

Predicted to be relegated, but with 16-1 odds of promotion? Must be a tight league.

It does look tight, with the exception of Huddersfield and Wycombe who came down last season and Newport County who are signing quality Europeans every 5 minutes!

Some more very reputable offers.

Looking at your rivals, they must be jealous

Definitely. There might be an offer too good to turn down soon. As for my rivals...they're probably still happy playing in the Evo-Stik First Division ;).

Are you going to take Coalvill all the way to the Premier league ??

I'm not sure how far I can take them to be honest. From Level 8 to Level 5 is achievable as there isn't a massive gulf in quality. That comes now we've hit League Two and upwards to the Prem. My initial aim was to reach the Football League; now I've achieved that I might look to move if something good comes up.

Congrats on promotion and the new stadium

Good luck in League 2!

Promotion to the Football League, new stadium and now a club Legend! It's all been happening since I was last in here, congrats, great effort.

Cheers City. It's been quite a few seasons really which I can't grumble about :D.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2017/18: Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

npower League Two : Board expectation - Avoid relegation : Media expectation - 24th (out of 24)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 1st round

Carling Cup : Learn from the experience

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £7.19k p/w

Current wage bill : £8.11k p/w

Season tickets sold : 499 (+296 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : The media have us down as dead certs for the drop yet the bookies have given us odds of 16-1 for promotion so I’m not entirely sure what we should be aiming for this season. I suppose with our rapid rise through the divisions to the Football League in such a short space of time, our only aim should be to stay in the Football League despite what the bookies say. To help us try and achieve that we’ve had quite a bit of pre-season transfer activity as in come veteran Kieran Richardson who should give us some extra experience, young goalkeepers Steve Overton and Charlie Lee, another Romanian in the form of Antonio Danciu (which now makes 4 Romanians in the squad), George Ray, Paschal Smith on loan from Southampton and Jan Kapral. With those signings our squad became bloated so I offloaded a few players who I felt just weren’t good enough for this step up as we recouped £25k from letting 6 players leave, not to mention easing our ever increasing wage bill.

As for the club itself, the chairman has already secured the development of a new stadium (which should be completed in 2018) which is most definitely a step in the right direction (despite the costs), sold more than double the season tickets that we sold last season and to add to our progression, the club have announced that we’ve now turned Professional upon reaching League Two and have made further investments to upgrade the clubs youth facilities :D.

Sounds like a promising start to what should be a tough but manageable season - given the players you've brought in, safety should definitely be achievable!

Thanks abulezz :D. I think it might be a tough season for us but I think we have enough quality to stay clear of relegation. Darlington and AFC Telford managed it last season after coming up from the BSP (and I think we're better than them) so I'm hopeful.

Good luck this season Raware :thup:

Cheers HC :D.

Some really nice additions there for League 2 level, i'm going to be optimistic and say the bookies will be more accurate than the media. Good luck for the season :thup:

Thanks City. It's a strange contradiction but one which indicates how tight the league really is. I think if we can get some good results together and get some confidence and momentum going then we can prove the media wrong :D.

lol at coalville

1) everyone there has 6 fingers on each hand ;)

2) groundshare with burton albion? that's a bit of a cross country trek! i'm surprised they didnt go for hinckley utd.

all the best for the league

This is an awesome thread and you have done really well. It's interesting to see how far you can go with Coalville

Thanks Dejay :thup:. Glad you're enjoying it. My initial aim was to take Coalville to the Football League and I've done that so anything else now will be a bonus :D

lol at coalville

1) everyone there has 6 fingers on each hand

2) groundshare with burton albion? that's a bit of a cross country trek! i'm surprised they didnt go for hinckley utd.

all the best for the league

Ha ha, I agree, although I'm not from Coalville. The father-in-law is who I often give stick to about having 6 fingers! ;)

I was surprised we shared with Burton too. As you say, Hinckley would've probably been a better choice but I'm not complaining as the Pirelli Stadium is bigger than the Greene King Stadium :)

I'm hoping we can avoid relegation this season, not sure about play-offs though. Although we're predicted to finish bottom yet have been given odds of 16-1 with a chance of sneaking a play-off place. Bit of a contradiction :confused:)

I'm more inclined to follow the bookies, If they screw up they're down the hole for lots of money. If the pundits screw up it's merely reputation.

A great read so far, well done on reaching The Football League.

For years now I've always wondered what it would be like to manage Prescot Cables (the non-league club closest to me) and thanks to uncle ron it is possible. I only got FM12 a few days ago but reading this has inspired me to start a career with them.

KUTGW!

Archived