From the terraces to the top...hopefully!

Raware

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great season. Congrats on the promotion. I think you can do a third since you were so dominant this season. Probably not a gulf in quality.
Good work Raware. Do you think you're good enough for another promotion? :D

Thanks fellas :thup:. I agree, there isn't that much difference between the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division and the BSN and considering our dominance this season, it leads me to believe that we've got more than enough quality to make an impression in the BSN next season and I'll be looking for us to at least push for the play-offs :D.

Excellent start Raware. Shame Newcastle Town dropped off in season 1 though.

Don't get how you went from Northern Premier First Division South to the Isthmian Premier though.

Ground expansion looks good and the temporary share at Burton very useful.

Brilliant news. Well done on another emphatic title win :thup:

Thanks roganp. I was a little surprised at how easily we won the league.

Excellent start Raware. Shame Newcastle Town dropped off in season 1 though.

Don't get how you went from Northern Premier First Division South to the Isthmian Premier though.

Ground expansion looks good and the temporary share at Burton very useful.

Thanks Nobby. Newcastle Town seemed unstoppable at one point thanks to the goals of Anthony Malbon but they just fell short in the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure about us going from the Northern Premier First Division South to the Isthmian Premier as it's uncle ron's level 7 & 8 expasion pack that I'm using. As for the ground share, I can't really complain as it's more than double what we can currently hold :D.

Niceee. Now you can keep winning in front of more supporters.

Hopefully with that comes more revenue :D

Not done bad at all to get the ground share at Burton.

I'm not complaining! :D

Not bad on the stadium expansion! You already have a good sized stadium for that level I would have thought. What are your crowds like?

With the ground expansion, it'll take our capacity to 3000. It kind of surprised me as we're not filling the gound week in week out, we're averaging around 1000.

Congrats on the promotion and nice to see you having an expansion which should help reduce the risk of financial problems in the future.Good luck in the BSN.

Thanks B.W.G I'm hoping the expansion will go some way to reducing our financial losses which we just can't seem to stop.

1,000 average crowd at that level is extremely good. Looking at my own save, we had 243 average the season I got promoted from level 7, Isthmian League Premier Division in my case.

Odd sorting of teams may happen once in a while, but usually it is correct. I did some testing with how to set the borders for the FM 10 or 11 version, with maps on google that took me effin' hours, and the spread looked very good most of the time. Some years there was an oddball here or there, usually a team thrown way north or in the middle of London.

Here is one of them. Don't recall what borders were used here, but from a brief look I don't see any serious oddballs. They can happen here or there out of the blue, but it's quite rare. Nothing he can do about it either.

The pins are level 7 teams and the blobs level 8.

Congrats on the double promotion. Those crowds are extremely healthy, I had a brief game at Bishop's Stortford in FM11 and was getting less than half of that.

I can imagine about 2,000 by the time you make the BSP, which would be incredible really. I do hope you get more of a test in the Blue Square, though. Don't know about you, but if I earn two back-to-back promotions in a career and I'm still flying in the third, I tend to go off the save very quickly!

1,000 average crowd at that level is extremely good. Looking at my own save, we had 243 average the season I got promoted from level 7, Isthmian League Premier Division in my case.

Odd sorting of teams may happen once in a while, but usually it is correct. I did some testing with how to set the borders for the FM 10 or 11 version, with maps on google that took me effin' hours, and the spread looked very good most of the time. Some years there was an oddball here or there, usually a team thrown way north or in the middle of London.

Here is one of them. Don't recall what borders were used here, but from a brief look I don't see any serious oddballs. They can happen here or there out of the blue, but it's quite rare. Nothing he can do about it either.

The pins are level 7 teams and the blobs level 8.

Sorry, I actually meant to write we're averaging 100 not 1000. My damn keyboard keys either keep sticking or missing letters out when I type :mad: I usually read back what I've typed to make sure it's readable but obviously missed that typo :embarrassed:

That's an interesting border test and one that I wouldn't have had the patience to do! The file which uncle ron has produced is nothing short of fantastic and I didn't even realise our jump from the Northern Premier First Division South to the Isthmian Premier was strange. As you say though, there's bound to be an oddball sometimes due to the amount of info being processed.

Congrats on the double promotion. Those crowds are extremely healthy, I had a brief game at Bishop's Stortford in FM11 and was getting less than half of that.

I can imagine about 2,000 by the time you make the BSP, which would be incredible really. I do hope you get more of a test in the Blue Square, though. Don't know about you, but if I earn two back-to-back promotions in a career and I'm still flying in the third, I tend to go off the save very quickly!

Thanks withnail. Like I mentioned above, it's my mistake (or my keyboards mistake!). I actually meant 100 not 1000, damn thing!

Yeah, I do share your thoughts. The first two seasons have been a breeze really and something I wasn't really wanting. The third season also sees us flying and with no real difference between the Isthmian Premier and the BSN in terms of quality, it's looking like a third promotion is possible which is kind of turning me off the save. However, the gulf in class has got to come in to play in the BSP and that's the only thing keeping me going at the minute. If we fly through that then I may look to start a difference save to give me some competition. However, I'm fairly confident that the BSP will a lot more difficult than the divisions below.

That's an interesting border test and one that I wouldn't have had the patience to do! The file which uncle ron has produced is nothing short of fantastic and I didn't even realise our jump from the Northern Premier First Division South to the Isthmian Premier was strange. As you say though, there's bound to be an oddball sometimes due to the amount of info being processed.

It's an absolutely marvellous work he has put in. He deserves a world of praise :)

Just looked up Coalville and it seems to be right on the border where the Northern and Southern Premier usually divide. I'm not sure why, but sometimes the game then puts the club in the Isthmian Premier instead. This fits well with the few anomalies I observed while testing this a couple years back.

If the Northern is filled up you should have been put into the Southern, and then the most south-east club put into the Isthmian (instead of Southern). But instead the game puts the club in the border region into the Isthmian. Quite strange.

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often with the expanded and more dynamic borders, so if you stayed there for one more season I expect you to have been put in your rightful place in the Southern Premier (or Northern, depending on who got promoted/relegated).

Here is an excellent site with info and maps btw. Click on the various levels to see maps of which clubs are where and how the regionalisation is distributed.

http://www.thepyramid.info/leaguemap/leaguemap.htm

An interesting website :thup:. While obviously I know the clubs in the Premier League, I didn't actually sit back and realise how many are in fact from the North West.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2013/14 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Blue Square Bet North : Board expectation - Safe mid-table position : Media expectation - 18th (out of 22)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 4th Qualifying round

FA Trophy : 1st round

Isthmian League Charity Shield : Win it

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £2.35k p/w

Current wage bill : £2.05k p/w

Season tickets sold : 78 (+40 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : The board want a safe mid-table position and the media are predicting us to finish 18th…personally, I think we should be aiming much higher than that such is the strength of our squad and the weakness of the division, excluding a few teams like FC United, FC Halifax, Droylsden and Southport of course. Given our previous experiences with teams in this division, I’m more than confident that we can hold our own in this league and I’ll be looking for us to reach the play-offs to push on for a third straight promotion push.

Excellent job with the back-to-back promotions. Going for three in a row now? I'd risk a small wager on it, especially considering the BSN is just as poor as the level seven leagues.

Really good news on the ground share too, that should keep you ticking over until the improvements are made :thup:

Excellent job with the back-to-back promotions. Going for three in a row now? I'd risk a small wager on it, especially considering the BSN is just as poor as the level seven leagues.

Really good news on the ground share too, that should keep you ticking over until the improvements are made :thup:

ThanksAK. I'm thinking a third promotion maybe possible for that reason. The BSN doesn't seem to be much different to the Isthmian Premier in terms of quality and that's the reason why we've started the season so well I think.

The ground share was a great move for us and has helped us slightly financial wise. However, the expansion to our ground is almost complete and we'll be moving back to Owen Street pretty soon.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2013/14 : Mid-season update

Blue Square Bet North : This is all looking a bit too easy now as for a third straight season we sit top of the league at the halfway point of the season after some great displays. However, this season doesn’t seem like a foregone conclusion at the halfway point like the last two as it’s quite tight at the top of the league with 6 or 7 teams, including ourselves looking like they have a great chance of promotion. We’re the top scorers in the division thanks to fans favourite Alan Lynch who’s hit 13 goals in 19 league games (18 in 27 in all competitions) while also becoming the clubs all-time goal scorer sitting on 57 league goals and we’re also managing to keep some clean sheets, not as many as I’d like though.

As for the cup competitions, we’re out of all of them again as Dartford sent us packing in the 1st round of the FA Trophy and Gateshead disposed of us in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round, dashing any chance of us making a repeat of our famous FA Cup run two seasons ago :(.

My aims for the remainder of the season… : I was confident that we’d have no problem settling in this league and maybe even making a push for promotion, so given our performances so far, I’m more than happy with where we sit. However, there’s still half of the season left to go and with us picking up a few injuries recently, our squad isn’t that big which could hinder our chances of claiming a third straight promotion.

Shame about the cups but you're going well in the league

Thanks HC. The FA Cup run a few years ago was clearly a lucky run :(.

I'm banking on you to rise all the way to the EPL in another 6 seasons.

DSYoungEsq...ever the optimist! ;)

Looking good so far. Good luck for the second half.

Thanks Pangaea.

Shame about the typo, those gates would have been brilliant! Incidentally, what are you averaging this year?

Damn keyboard keys! This year in the BSN we're averaging around 400-500. Not brilliant I know but the crowds are growing. (I've checked the average attendance figure I've just typed and there's no typo this time ;)).

Looking good in the league so far,shame you couldn't get a decent run to help with the financial side of things.

Thanks B.W.G. I was a little disappointed to go out in the cups so early. I don't think there'll be a repeat of our FA Cup run a few seasons ago anytime soon if we keep playing like that in the cups :(.

Should be useful as you rise and fill it up.

Definitely, we need all the gate receipts we can get!

How long does it take you to complete a season?

It depends on what free time I have. The past week I've had quite a bit of free time so I've managed to get a few seasons in quickly but usually it take me a couple of weeks to complete a season.

What are your finances looking like now?

Sorry buzz2k7, I missed your comment. Our finances aren't looking good at all. We're about 200k in the red :(.

Home sweet home.
A third consecutive promotion looks likely, nice job! Good to have the stadium expansion done so you can start getting those gate receipts :)

Despite our dire finances, I'm obviously pleased that the board decided to expand the stadium. Those extra seats should generate a bit of much needed cash. As for a third consecutive promotion...

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2013/14 : Review

Blue Square Bet North/Blue Square Bet North progress/Blue Square Bet North fixtures : So, a third straight promotion and title win for us sees us rapidly rise through the leagues where we’ll be playing Blue Square Bet Premier League football next season! :D. My pre-season feelings regarding a quiet promotion push and no difference between the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division and the Blue Square Bet North/South were proven right as we took the title, 8 points ahead of FC Halifax, who themselves won the play-offs to join us next year in the Blue Square Bet Premier. To further back-up my belief of no difference between the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division and the Blue Square Bet North/South, Lewes, who we’re also promoted along with us last season, also stormed their division (the Blue Square Bet South) only narrowly missing out on promotion, proving my point that there seems to be no difference between the Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division and the Blue Square Bet North/South.

FA Cup : We took both Warrington and Colwyn Bay to replays before Blue Square Bet Premier side Gateshead knocked us out in the 4th Qualifying round.

FA Trophy : We made a disappointing early exit as Blue Square Bet South winners Dartford got lucky on the day and sent us packing in the 1st round.

Isthmian Charity Shield : A pre-season, nothing cup against weaker opposition in the form of Canvey Island which we easily won 4-0.

Transfers : With no money to spend again we had to look at free transfers so in came Solomon Taiwo, Stuart Love, ex-Sunderland youngster Adam Mitchell, ex-Nottingham Forest youngster Eurico Sebastiao, Lee Wright, ex-Fulham youngster Albert Owusu-Ansah, ex-Leicester City youngster Liam Moore, ex-Newcastle United youngster Lee Toland, ex-West Brom youngster Ryan Allsop and ex-Charlton Athletic youngster Harry Osbourne. Out of the door disappointingly saw a few faces leave, especially Andeele Martins and James Askey as they both wanted moves to bigger clubs.

Squad : Another great season from the squad as we proved we could make the step up to a higher level. Alan Lynch in particularly stood out for us again despite a 2 month lay off as he netted 28 times in 40 games as well as finishing runner up in the top goal scoring charts for the third year running. Our other striker Adam MItchell also grabbed himself a few goals as he did well as did Laste Dombaxe who got 12 assists throughout the season.

Finances : Still not looking good despite numerous cash injections from the board. However, this is not only due to wages but also due to a couple of recent stadium expansions we’ve had which should be worth it in the long run.

My views of the season… : Another faultless season which culminated in a third straight promotion plus the addition of some key players to the squad.

My aims for next season… : This is where things start to get more difficult as the step up in class now becomes more apparent with more able teams in the league.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       1st      League Champions
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     1st      League Champions
2013/14  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet North                      1st      League Champions

Terrific three seasons mate. As you say, now the tes starts :)

Cheers mate. The test definitely starts next season with some good teams in the BSP. I think we'll do well to avoid an immediate return to the BSN next season.

Great going so far. Knew you'd do it
It probably will get a bit trickier now, but if anyone can do it again...
Well done on a third successive promotion.Will probably be slightly trickier but you'll have more then enough to survive.

Thanks guys :thup:

You getting dizzy yet?

I think we're starting to!

Not very difficult this management lark is it? good luck in the BSP

Ha ha, it's not when teams around you are so weak :D.

Same old same old.

Good luck in the BSP.

Cheers :thup:.

I’d like to think I’ve done a pretty decent job at Coalville Town so far; and it seems others think the same too now.

Coventryrumour.png

Swansearumour.png

Walsallrumour.png

Saintsrumour.png

While they’re only rumours and should an offer be made to me, I’d probably turn it down as I feel I’ve still got quite a bit to offer Coalville. Still, it’s nice to be linked to bigger jobs.

Archived