••• FM Commentary Pack •••

I have spotted an error; in a game, the my opponent's keeper scored an own goal, but the text said (correctly) "<opponent's keeper name> picks up the loose ball", then (error) "<my keeper name> puts it away for <my team>"; searching in your events file, i found a

<p1> puts it away for <t>!!

between lots of string with

<p2> does that and this

maybe that p1 should be p2 too?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you get different commentators for different matches and how did you get the TV logo's to be correct for those commentators?

I would be very much interested to have that for Dutch commentators and TV channels.

You can edit Seafires events file.......

He has Martin Tyler and Andy Gray set as the default duo

I just replaced them with....SKY SPORTS------Martin Tyler and Alan Smith

ESPN-------------Jon Champion and Chris Waddle

MUTV------------Stewart Gardner and Paddy Crerand

I add TV logos for each.....

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/Dazs_Sykes/mutvcommandlogos_zpsb36e2616.png

A very Happy New Year to everyone!

Thanks very much to everyone who has supported me during the time I've been involved in doing the commentary for Football Manager and I promise you I haven't finished yet! I've still got a number of things I want to try to get the commentary to be how I'd like it to be.

It may take time, but I'll keep bashing away until I'm personally happy with it.

Right, I'm now going to crack open my bottle of Brandy and see the new year in properly.

Cheers to you all!

• 4 weeks later...

Am I putting this file in the wrong place as I cannot seem to see any variations from the existing commentary. Im playing FM13 and its fully up to date with steam.

I downloaded an events file from mediafire.com from the first post on this thread

Program file (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2013/data/updates/update1320/events

Any advice?

Am I putting this file in the wrong place as I cannot seem to see any variations from the existing commentary. Im playing FM13 and its fully up to date with steam.

I downloaded an events file from mediafire.com from the first post on this thread

Program file (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2013/data/updates/update1320/events

Any advice?

That is the correct installation path im using it works fine.

That is the correct installation path im using it works fine.

The pack doesnt start 'I'm Martin Tyler and sharing commentary duties today is Andy etc...' like it should event thought its in the same place you put it, so cant understand why it doesnt work. Could it be to do with the speed of the highlights

It just starts 'Welcome to the @@@@ stadium;

• 3 weeks later...

Seafire, many thanks for this. Just noticed in my first game a minor thing. When my striker scored, it said "He got sight of the goal and made no mistakes!". I think it would sound better if it said mistake instead of mistakes.

If I spot any more, I'll post them up.

Thanks

edit:

just had a player score a 'headed shot'. Would be better if it just called it a 'header'.

also got the line 'Mason successfully tackles Mason' so there's some mix-up with player IDs there

a lot of your lines start with 'And' when it isn't really needed e.g. 'And it's gone out for a throw in'. Just take the 'and' out

an opponent fouled one of my players and it said 'Huring unfairly brings Briggs'. It's missing the word 'down' either before or after my player Briggs

• 3 weeks later...

What is the difference between the three lines?

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> holds up the ball

REPORT ENGLISH: <p1> held up the ball

REPLAY ENGLISH:

Ingame is present spoken ommentary, report is past spoken ommentary en replay is non spoken ommentary?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Are you certain you've got it in the right folder? Correct path is:

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2013/data/updates/update-1333/events. Provided you have the 1333 update installed of course. Just drop it in the events folder and let it overwrite the file already there.

Are you certain you've got it in the right folder? Correct path is:

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2013/data/updates/update-1333/events. Provided you have the 1333 update installed of course. Just drop it in the events folder and let it overwrite the file already there.

Yep, done that, that is why I cannot understand it not working

Yep, done that, that is why I cannot understand it not working

Ah right. When you installed the commentary patch, did you then quit Football Manager then open it again? You see, if you install the patch with FM running it won't show until you quit and reload FM.

Ah right. When you installed the commentary patch, did you then quit Football Manager then open it again? You see, if you install the patch with FM running it won't show until you quit and reload FM.

I did all of those things but it took 3 attempts before it eventually got up and running. I don't know just what was happening but it's never done it before.

Still, it's working fine now and thanks for a great commentary pack. Going to change my commentators this year to Darren Fletcher and Mark Lawrenson :-)

Hi Seafire.

Good to see you back.

Have you updated the link in first post yet, as have just gone to download and it's shows 28th March 2013 which I already have?

Steve

Hi Steve,

No, the links aren't updated yet mate. I should have made that clear shouldn't I?

I may be releasing a small update in the next few days though. I've currently got 241 lines added to the update I'm working on at the moment so I might just put that out for now. I need to test it in FM (not touched that for months either!) first though just to see if all's well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to get this working on Mac? I've only just become a Mac owner for the first time so probably a noob question haha. I don't know how to access the program files.

Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2012/data/updates/update-1220 (or whichever patch folder you have)/events

I hate to be "that guy" who never posts except to say he can't use something that everyone else is using just fine. That said, I'm going to. :D

Longtime lurker/FM player from the States here. Those of you who initially weren't getting the mod to show up in game and then suddenly got it working, do any of you know what you did differently? I spent hours last night tinkering with it to no avail. I've got it installed in what I think is the right folder (Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2014/data/updates/update-1413), I've used other skins/mods so I know about the need to untick the cache in the preferences and reload the skin, I restarted the game (and Steam, and my computer... I was one step away from shutting off the electricity to my home and restarting that), I changed from U.S. to U.K. English - which I thought was going to solve the problem, but it didn't - and now I'm out of ideas. I'd be ready to give up but I'd really like the added variety to the dull vanilla commentary, and I have this faint hope due to other people having said they got it working after a while.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll just go back to lurking and being satisfied with less than stellar commentary.

If you're still having problems getting the commentary to appear, try this:

1) Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2014/data/updates.

2) Delete folders update-1401, update-1403, update-1410, update-1411.

3) Put new commentary in folder update-1413 and load your game. New commentary should appear now.

It works for me, I've just tried it.

Archived