Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Better not be bloody snowing in Leeds in seventeen days time!!

I'm seriously considering buying snow tyres for my car this year. I'll also be up that way in 16 days time now. Actually out in Leeds for the market on the Saturday.

Speaking of Christmas, what's everyone doing for it this year? Be the first one my little daughter will actually understand so it'll be me the missus and her all Christmas. We'll try and make it special for her. I'll visit my family and the missus's well before actual Christmas day though as I don't want visitors. I hate visitors at the best of times.

I have a couple of weeks off so we are off to Paris for the weekend before Christmas for some shopping etc. then to my girlfriend's parents Christmas day before I fly off to France again a couple of days later for a week in the Alps, snowboarding and spending new years over there. It'll be a busy Christmas period.

I'm seriously considering buying snow tyres for my car this year. I'll also be up that way in 16 days time now. Actually out in Leeds for the market on the Saturday.

The German Christmas Market? It's not much cop in all honesty. Though I guess I'm going to say that as I've been a few times before.

It doesn't involve me directly. However I will add that if I go up to my nan and grandads and my aunt is there, there is always some awkwardness from her. We invited my nan, grandad and great gran down for dinner but they've had to decline because my aunt and cousins are going up there. My aunt hasn't cooked a Christmas dinner in well over 10 years. Now that she's got grandkids and her sons seem settled with their partners you'd think she'd want to cook for them and have her own family Christmas. I will add that my cousins, their kids and partners are going up there for Christmas as well. My nan and grandad have done Christmas dinner for themselves, my aunt, cousins etc etc for the past 8 years or so.

That's the one... blame the mrs... it's what I get for going out with someone 8 years my junior!

My missus is almost 7 years younger than me and I have the same issue. Her music taste is shocking not a single guitar in sight ffs.

In the November edition of Manchestrr United fanzine "Red Issue" there's a wonderful picture of Ashley Young taking a tumble in the box.

Underneath the headline "Armistice Day: Fallen Remembered" there are various speech bubbles including "You'd think he'd been shot", "I wish he had", "He's gone over the top again" and "Lest we forget what a **** he is".

Round about the same time , Luis Suarez ws going through his well-known Farnborough Airshow routine in an unsuccessful attempt to win himself and Uruguay a penalty against Jordan in their World Cup playoff.

I wonder if that will get in the Liverpool fanzine "Red All Over The Land"?

I think we all know the answer to that particular question.

Just found this guy :

79c14ec52ab1f989c8771bfbf2c1ab47.png

Anyone know if his height is accurate? I wonder what he looks like on the match screen :D

In other news, I'm off a weekend in Skegness.... never thought the day would come i'd stoop to this...

In fairness it's for a music festival.. but still :D

Apparently he is the world's tallest outfield player. :eek:

Apparently he is the world's tallest outfield player. :eek:

Anyone know if youth players on Fifa13 keep growing? I don't play PS3 since having a new laptop but it was funny when I dropped this lad into my first team then realised at sixteen years old, he's 6'9"

969787_10151596427913022_543600236_n.jpg

He's actually really good for his age too, just the slowest thing to ever step foot on a football pitch.

Exactly, an actual reason not to listen.

Personally I think those who come out with the "I won't/can't listen to them anymore" crap are just saying what they think others want to hear.

Or maybe being a parent makes you feel disgusted in what he did and natural instinct stops you listening to them? Don't expect you to agree or understand though because you can't see stuff from a parents view.

Although personally speaking they were **** to begin with imo.

Or maybe being a parent makes you feel disgusted in what he did and natural instinct stops you listening to them? Don't expect you to agree or understand though because you can't see stuff from a parents view.

Although personally speaking they were **** to begin with imo.

You need to be a parent to be disgusted by what he did? :confused:

You need to be a parent to be disgusted by what he did? :confused:

No but as a parent it puts you off everything he did including musical stuff etc. Which is what you was complaining about in the opening post no?

It's like you with football, 1 person cheats and you label the whole side cheaters etc. This is like that.

No but as a parent it puts you off everything he did including musical stuff etc. Which is what you was complaining about in the opening post no?

It's like you with football, 1 person cheats and you label the whole side cheaters etc. This is like that.

Well I never said it wouldn't put people off, just that those who say they literally "Can't" listen to their music now are misguided in one way or another, either by their own peculiar minds or a sense of people pleasing by saying what they believe others want to hear.

The nuances of "being put off" and "I can't listen anymore" are different.

And I'm not even getting into what I think about his crimes as anyone who knows me will know what I think.

You have to be ****ing kidding me with this post.

People don't want to listen to music that came from the mind of a man that did this, kind of makes sense regardless if you are a parent or not.

Take it Gary Glitter's albums are proudly on display next to you're Lostprothets collection.

You got a Jim'll fix it badge?

I'm sorry but who are you, I don't believe we've met? :)

Well I never said it wouldn't put people off, just that those who say they literally "Can't" listen to their music now are misguided in one way or anothr, either by their own peculiar minds or a sense of people pleasing by saying what they believe others want to hear.

The nuances of "being put off" and "I can't listen anymore" are different. And I'm not even getting into what I think about his crimes as anyone who knows me will know what I think.

Why is it peculiar? You are expecting people to think the way you do yet find it strange when they think differently. It just doesn't make sense to me why you think this way. It's not about pleasing everyone its about what is morally right.

Why is it peculiar? You are expecting people to think the way you do yet find it strange when they think differently. It just doesn't make sense to me why you think this way. It's not about pleasing everyone its about what is morally right.

I never said your school of thought was wrong or that I expect people to think the way I do. Personally I think you're reading far too much between the lines here. Like our new pal Stewart, who seems to reckon I'm some sort of paedophile sympathiser.

As for getting into what is morally right or wrong, we could be here all day. For instance, if one of their songs came on the radio right now, (I appreciate it won't, and probably won't ever again, but it's just for instance), would I be morally wrong for not turning it off? Would I be morally wrong if I tapped my foot along without realising what I was tapping along to?

I never said your school of thought was wrong or that I expect people to think the way I do. Personally I think you're reading far too much between the lines here. Like our new pal Stewart, who seems to reckon I'm some sort of paedophile sympathiser.

As for getting into what is morally right or wrong, we could be here all day. For instance, if one of their songs came on the radio right now, (I appreciate it won't, and probably won't ever again, but it's just for instance), would I be morally wrong for not turning it off? Would I be morally wrong if I tapped my foot along without realising what I was tapping along to?

I might be reading between the lines but I think you are too :D

As for Stewart he's bang out of order for saying that ffs. There was no need at all and you can have a debate without him insulting you or throwing accusations around.

I might be reading between the lines but I think you are too :D

As for Stewart he's bang out of order for saying that ffs. There was no need at all and you can have a debate without him insulting you or throwing accusations around.

I imagine he'll get off scott free whereas I'll get some ludicrous ban for "trolling".

To clarify; I never said I was right and others were wrong. Merely that I could't understand this can't/won't attitude. You can still find his crimes utterly horrific and still enjoy the odd Lostprophets ditty if they ever happen to come on the wireless. (Which obviously they won't).

I imagine he'll get off scott free whereas I'll get some ludicrous ban for "trolling".

To clarify; I never said I was right and others were wrong. Merely that I could't understand this can't/won't attitude. You can still find his crimes utterly horrific and still enjoy the odd Lostprophets ditty if they ever happen to come on the wireless. (Which obviously they won't).

Well you did say if they couldn't listen to their music due to the crimes they must have sick minds themselves ffs :D

I guess you can still enjoy their music but for me it feels 'wrong' to listen to it. It all comes down to personal choices I guess or how you view stuff. Some people like myself will feel uneasy listening to them while someone else might not.

Relax, I was being sarcastic.

I don't believe this for one moment I'm afraid. You was being aggressive.

Well you did say if they couldn't listen to their music due to the crimes they must have sick minds themselves ffs :D

Granted that was a bit toppy. However it was born out of people saying they "can't listen to their music now without thinking of his crimes", which leads me to question their state of mind. Should have been clearer, obviously.