Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking the off topic thread decidedly off topic...

I wonder if anyone can think back to FM12 and can recommend a team. I did post this in the proper thread, but no response as yet and it seems more people look in here.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe.

Division: Top League, but not necessarily a top team.

European Competition: Don't mind.

Media Prediction: Don't mind.

Board Expectation(s): Don't mind.

Transfer Budget: For an initial budget I don't mind

Wage Budget: Again, as an initial budget I don't mind.

Finances: Good.

Other: I want a career save, but I want to be able to sell on most of my initial squad for a good total sum. For instance, one of my best saves was with West Brom as I could sell on most of my squad for hefty fees and bring in a raft of new players immediately building my own team; hence why I am not too bothered about the initial budgets. I know it's an odd request, but with some teams you simply can't sell players for love nor money regardless of how good they actually are, whereas with West Brom there were multiple takers for pretty much every player.

Fiorentina perhaps? Not a giant in the sense of Juventus for instance, but by no means small either. Plenty of sellable assets.

Cheers. I seem to remember I got bored of a Fiorentina save quite quickly.

I might try a smaller club with a decent budget and sell them all. Vitesse, keep Wilfried and sell the rest.

If I can sell them. Else, I might try Fiorentina again.

I've only played one or two games in 3D and that was when the 3D engine came out. As soon as I realised you could switch it back to 2D I did, been using 2D since. As long as 2D exists I will use it.

My CPU performance is .5* and the Estimated Game Speed is .5* as well :cool:

I thought id need a new one, but my speed is still 5 stars, which is weird, and the 3d will run on medium if you can handle a bit of stuttering, i have it on very low anyway i dont care about graphics. FM13 about burnt my laptop out at times, but FM14 seems to run a lot smoother on it. Go figure.

He should just stick to the tactics forum, at least the people in there actually want help, GD posters are only interested in spouting vitriol, well actually thats unfair, there are a few decent folk in there, but the general population of that forum are mentalists.

There isn't anything more frustrating for me than a messy house, and because of 2 kids and the other half. Lazy gits!!! Just spent the last 2 hours making it at least respectable.

There isn't anything more frustrating for me than a messy house, and because of 2 kids and the other half. Lazy gits!!! Just spent the last 2 hours making it at least respectable.

I'd refuse to do it no matter how bad it was and annoyed me if they have no respect :D

Anyone know the cheapest/reliable place to buy FM14?

Someone posted a cheap link yesterday in GD not sure if the offer is still on though.

GD is on form today!

I love how people stamp their feet and kick off without stopping to consider that yes, whilst there are a few issues, maybe (just maybe) they haven't learned how to play the game and are just doing things very wrong :)

The usual's are the ones that annoy me, like those saying the simulated games are more realistic, that certain poster annoys me with the amount of mis-information he spouts. I speak *****, but at least ill put my hands up when im blatantly wrong, he just refuses to believe he is wrong.

Im quite surprised its taken till now for GD to take off, its been relatively calm this year.

I'd refuse to do it no matter how bad it was and annoyed me if they have no respect :D

Someone posted a cheap link yesterday in GD not sure if the offer is still on though.

Tried GMG?

They've got 25% when bought with a code which is displayed on their homepage :D

Anyone know the cheapest/reliable place to buy FM14? :)

There is one for £22.99 in that thread from CJ Keys or whatever it's called that send the steam code straight away.

I have just downloaded the FM14 demo. I am looking forward to giving it a try. I can't wait to get the full game but will need to hold off till Christmas as my mum or wife may be getting it for me. At least i'll have time to try out quite a few tactics on the demo.

Currently watching Thor movie on TV. looks like it could be good.

You need to see the rest of the MCU though :D.

I take it MCU means Marvel Comic Universe? Why? Does Thor appear in other movies that i'll need to catch up with before i see Thor 2? If so what ones? I've never really bothered with all the comic book adaption movies as i've never read comic books so didn't think they would interest me. After watching Thor last night though i might have to give a few others a go.

It was my 1st aniversary yesterday so i took the wife out to see About Time at the Gold Class cinema and for lunch. I really enjoyed the movie. The lead charachter, Domnhall Gleeson, was really good in it.

Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger. Basically those films introduce (and sequel in one case) into The Avengers film where all of them are together. That is phase one.

Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy. Those films will lead to The Avengers 2, known as phase 2.

Phase 3 starts with Ant-Man in 2015 and there are talks of more sequels and possible new films with Black Panther & Dr. Strange which will lead to The Avengers 3.

Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger. Basically those films introduce (and sequel in one case) into The Avengers film where all of them are together. That is phase one.

Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy. Those films will lead to The Avengers 2, known as phase 2.

Phase 3 starts with Ant-Man in 2015 and there are talks of more sequels and possible new films with Black Panther & Dr. Strange which will lead to The Avengers 3.

You have my mouth slightly salivating here, All of the iron mans were brilliant, the hulks were ok, Have not seen Captain America yet, only seen him in Avengers.

Next year or 2015 you also have Superman vs Batman or whatever they choose to name it, but again thats DC though

I think as the Iron Man films have gone on they have got worse. Thor was brilliant and I enjoyed Captain America, although the second looks fantastic in comparison. I am really looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy too. Phase 3 is going to be interesting.

I think as the Iron Man films have gone on they have got worse. Thor was brilliant and I enjoyed Captain America, although the second looks fantastic in comparison. I am really looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy too. Phase 3 is going to be interesting.

See i liked Iron Man 3, however I get what you mean, it goes more to cheap humour than proper filmography, especially the bit when ben plays the drunk mandarin! I have Thor to watch, Captain America is on its way also, Whats Guardians of the Galaxy again?

Thanks for clarifying that. It seems i have a lot of catching up to do then as i have only watched Thor and Captain America of the films you have listed.

See i liked Iron Man 3, however I get what you mean, it goes more to cheap humour than proper filmography, especially the bit when ben plays the drunk mandarin! I have Thor to watch, Captain America is on its way also, Whats Guardians of the Galaxy again?

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie.

Thanks for clarifying that. It seems i have a lot of catching up to do then as i have only watched Thor and Captain America of the films you have listed.

Well luckily, only Iron Man 3 and in the last week or so, Thor 2 have been released from phase two.