Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Tom and a few others on here will most likely disagree but i really am starting to think Moyes may be out of his depth. I am starting to think Everton may have got the best deal of all in getting rid of Moyes and getting in Martinez.

I would actually ask who wouldn't be out of their depth? It's not just the size of club, but also the task in hand in following the greeatest manager ever. (If anyone disagrees with that statement, go do us all a favour and end it).

Wee've had a ridiculously tough start, (Chelsea, Liveprool, and City in our first five is mad), and we've come through in a fashion that admittedly wasn't ideal. But it's nine games. (After today of course).

We were genuinely poor against City and West Brom, but we should have won against Southampton last week, no about that, as even though we weren't great we had so many good chances to bury the game at 1-0. It's just one of those things. To always blame the manager for these things is frightfully short sighted. Moyes is doing just fine on the whole.

I think i am right in saying that Tom has stated early on that the pass mark for Moyes this season would be finishing in the top 4 and maybe sneaking a cup. I am curious to hear if Tom/any other Man U fan thinks this is still achievable. Also how long will it be before the Man U faithful turn on Moyes? If they don’t come out firing in the 2nd half I reckon it may be after this game.

To even raise these questions is rather laughable really, so I'm not going to bother with a proper response.

--------------

Regards today, poor at the back (distribution especially), and a bit pedestrian going forward at times, but we came through the game with the three points. I was relieved but in akk honesty I always thought we'd grab the win somehow. Also it has to be said, some of the fools panicking around me was embarrassing.

Regards today, poor at the back (distribution especially), and a bit pedestrian going forward at times, but we came through the game with the three points. I was relieved but in akk honesty I always thought we'd grab the win somehow. Also it has to be said, some of the fools panicking around me was embarrassing.

You should have seen twitter, my time line was mental.

You'd have thought it was Moyes himself out there defending like a shower of *****.

I just get sick of people saying 'this never would have happened under Fergie'.

I think a lot of your fans have short memories and can't remember all the times these problems existed under Fergie too.

It's just people who are all too willing to get Moyes' back. Unfortunately, there's far too many who simply don't understand the values of the club in all honesty. Most of them are called Yousuf or Chen, or some other non descript name from an Asian country.

(This really isn't an issue of race by the way, so don't anyone be so daft as to report me for "racism" simply because you have misunderstodd the point I am making).

I think a lot of your fans have short memories and can't remember all the times these problems existed under Fergie too.

A lot probably weren't around then either and only know the 'good old days' or what ever phrase you want to use. The level of patience by some is ridiculous.

A lot probably weren't around then either and only know the 'good old days' or what ever phrase you want to use. The level of patience by some is ridiculous.

I hate fans like this regardless of what club it is. We've got some idiots at United now who think Clough got the job due to who his dad is and won't accept the fact he got the job on merit and because of what hes done at those clubs....

Hence my point about people not understanding the values of the club.

As the world has chaged in terms of technology and people being able to watch from all the corners of the world, we've acquired an awful lot of supporters from abroard who only follow us due to our success. They know nothing else and many won't even be bothered about the history of the club, hence their derision right now.

Our defending under Fergie last season was nothing to be proud of, so its a not a new issue, everything is being over exaggerated just because it's Moyes.

Not sure whether to be annoyed or what. Had a crash before, couldn't play. New update fixed or what I thought had fixed. Crashed after five games. Lost those games due t preferences resetting. Managed to play four of those games, changed settings back as well. A day after 4th game replayed it's crashed again. Really don't get why it's doing it again. It seems every new update it causing something to become unstable. Don't really want to download the FTP stuff again as well as last time it nearly fecked my computer up. I'm off to bed and will see how I feel when I get in tomorrow and whether I try getting past the date again.

Cleon, whats your best advice for defending corners and crosses in this game? Im struggling big time with that aspect, Celtic are hitting 4 past me every time we play almost all of them are from corners or crosses. :(

Don't use full backs - they suck!

Use a back three and defensive wingers. Get the DWs to specific mark the AI wide men and the jobs a good 'un.

Wide defending is an issue, and it isn't the fact that they are standing off that is the problem, it is that their positioning is just odd to start with.

If they were better positioned to start with, they could engage earlier and would change the way the wide men play.

Don't use full backs - they suck!

Use a back three and defensive wingers. Get the DWs to specific mark the AI wide men and the jobs a good 'un.

Wide defending is an issue, and it isn't the fact that they are standing off that is the problem, it is that their positioning is just odd to start with.

If they were better positioned to start with, they could engage earlier and would change the way the wide men play.

Wingbacks and 442 dont tend to go hand in hand unfortunately! :)

The wide defending is one thing, but the centre backs dont really seem to attack the ball when it comes into the box, especially on corners, im sure they will sort it tho, but this update has made it worse than it was, which is a shame.

Cleon, whats your best advice for defending corners and crosses in this game? Im struggling big time with that aspect, Celtic are hitting 4 past me every time we play almost all of them are from corners or crosses. :(

It's clearly a case of 'your tactics' been pish :D

It is getting interesting in there again! Its been too nice since the BETA came out, although you can always trust SI to throw a curve ball into the mix somewhere along the line when it comes to updates.

People will always find room to twist.

God forbid if I ever spent enough time in there to actually recognise posters :(.

I never knew anyone until I became a mod :(.

God forbid if I ever spent enough time in there to actually recognise posters :(.

Sadly It's my main mandate as mod

It's generally an interesting place to be, until the same old usual lot spoil the broth for everyone...

It's like a 100 Tom's on a bad day in one thread.