Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I do like reading through the Data Issues threads. Some of the stuff people come up with is brilliant. The Arsenal one always is superbly funny. :D

Yeah I like reading them too. The Spurs one used to be great 2 years ago too :D

Jesus the standard in GD and T&TF has plummeted today!

It's like a gate has been opened to allow people a first day out in a forum. Fingers are typing before the brain engages :rolleyes:

I've learned. Stay clear!!!

Yeah thats two of the goals of the season we've just seen. The one last night was really one of those goals where everything lands exactly as it should, the next 99 times that shot goes over the stadium, the Wilshire one was a brilliant team move, with a bit of luck involved.

My game keeps crashing on the 29th March 2014 :(. Was hoping to complete the season today.

I had similar on 7th December 2013. Raise it in the bugs forum because Brockie fixed the issue raised on my save.

It's because the sliders have been taken away.

I miss the sliders to be honest :(.

Already one step ahead of you SRL. I read your thread. Got a feeling it could be the same thing. Freezing and crashing. Hoping he can fix it tbh. But if he can, probably won't be able to play it until the full release. Gutting really as I have today off so was hoping to complete the season by now. Then get half way into next season by the end of today. My FM time will be limited to a few hours in the evenings for the next few days and then probably nothing until next Saturday/Sunday evening.

Won't be fixed until release unfortunately :(. Seems to be a few people suffering with a similar problem. But at least I will be able to continue the save. Just means I'm now going to be bored.

Just mess about on another save. Maybe destroy Notts County :p.

I asked whether the same issue would arise and he said he wouldn't be able to tell. I'm either going to create the Forest Thread and put a lot of effort into it and try and have it up by release night or the day after. Or start a save and test my tactic out. See if it works as well with other teams. It's nothing special and it's not a tactic that will get wins every game but it's not a bad tactic imo. Not sure whether it would work with a 'big team' as such.

Haven't played it yet, but I'm looking forward to play sliderless. I rarely used sliders anyway - the only time I did was to adjust my defensive line and width. It'll be interesting to say the least and for the better I'm sure.

Plus it means that when I play network saves my mates can't revert to Classic tactics and use game breaking tactics :D

e: think I'll start now, actually. I'll have a City save until the full game comes out next week then I'll start with my Southampton save, which I'll have as my long term until the Winter patch and then I'll see after that.

Place of Birth thing is cool. I thought it'd be limited to just major cities, but my hometown is in it which is cool.

Meh, someone else take over arguing in the sliders thread, when it gets to the point of numerous multi quotes, my brain turns off. :D

If you mean entering GD, then no thanks :D.

Meh, someone else take over arguing in the sliders thread, when it gets to the point of numerous multi quotes, my brain turns off. :D

There hasn't been anything new (idea wise) posted in there from people who haven't warmed to the new system for ages.

There seems to be a cross section of the community who just want to try to find fault, where none necessarily exists. It's a sad mindset to have.

All of the responses to perceived shortfalls of the system have been very well constructed, and render the initial point obsolete in most cases, but still the same old (answered) questions keep surfacing!

There hasn't been anything new (idea wise) posted in there from people who haven't warmed to the new system for ages.

There seems to be a cross section of the community who just want to try to find fault, where none necessarily exists. It's a sad mindset to have.

All of the responses to perceived shortfalls of the system have been very well constructed, and render the initial point obsolete in most cases, but still the same old (answered) questions keep surfacing!

Yeah its been going round in circles for the last 2 pages of it.

I guess it will be like this for most of the year with those stuck in the slider mentality making new threads every couple of months to point out short comings.

It is amusing seeing folk attribute the sliders with things they were never able to do tho, it just shows how little the majority really did understand them.

So, this is an email I just sent to TV Licensing;

This is not a question, but instead an angry resposne.

Stop sending me letters telling me that there is no TV License for my property and that an investigation is underway. I bought a license back on April 22nd, and over SIX MONTHS LATER you are still sending these ridiculous letters through to me. I even responded to one of these letters back on June 19th.

Right now you are doing little more than harass me, and if this carries on I will be forced to take legal action for the stress you are causing me.

Basically, get your records in order and leave me alone you ****ing clowns!!

I'm not even surprised by your response Tom ha.

Anyway. I'm goosed. Teaching Wednesday, work Wednesday and Thursday night, teaching today. Actually, don't know what is worse, being tired or kids battering my head in :D.

Why get worked up by it? I havent had a TV license in 12 years of living on my own and have yet to meet an investigator or anything.

It's not me getting worked up really; I wouldn't particularly say I am. From my view point, it is just to drill home the point to them. I mean, do actually think I'd take legal action against them? :D

I'm not even surprised by your response Tom ha.

Quite so!